Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - If you believe this:Lowe's *** for only $5.00 from a toothless hag

If you believe this slander that is written about me, feel free to join me on facebook and reveal your true idenity. I don't hide behind a screen name and I am willing to stand up for what I believe in. Certain people have set out to destoy me and I will admit that my life has not been easy, but you haven't won the battle. I am still alive and kicking. I haven't lost my home and I am surviving. I have attempted to put a stop to this, but you just won't leave me alone. I have no choice other than to defend myself in the best way that I can. I have printed copies of the attempts that have been made to destroy my life. Who will be the next victom?

You say you don't hide behind a screen name, but you posted as anonymous. Just sayin.

Lowes in Cleveland, Ohio - Handicapped service

we do you have so many handicapped parking spaces an only one power chair for customers use doesn't make much sense to even go to your store or read your add when i can not get around in your store i have to drive 25 miles to get to sandusky for a one in seven chance of shopping (actual numbers) oh well Lowe's is just down the street as well as home depot you can guess where i spend my money it would seem you company has a total disregard for the 1.2 million handicapped shoppers in ohio shame on you please get into the 20th century with your customer service

Here we go again....just another Lowe's customer expecting something as if it was due to him because he was going to spend some money at Lowe's. Just go to Home Depot and be the thorn in their side. PLEASE

Handicap spots are determined by the city or township NOT the business. Carts are approx $6k each and are torn up daily by customers who don't care. I agree buy one yourself.

At what point did it become the responsibility of a retail establishment to provide powered carts for customers? If you are in need of a wheelchair, by all means quit being a tight fisted, penny pinching drain on society and buy one for yourself.

Its actually the 21st century, just sayin :p

View more comments (3)

Nothing but junk at Lowes

Seems like everything I buy from Lowes is nothing but junk. In the last few years I have bought a bench grinder, air compressor and numerous other items. The bench grinder and the air compressor lasted less than a year before they quit working. I bought flouresent tubes that lasted for a week or two. Last week I bought a water hose from Lowes. This morning while washing the decks off, the water hose developed a bulge in it and a big gaping hole opened up. It's pretty bad when you can't trust Lowes quality for something as simple as a garden hose. I don't buy their cheaper quality. I normally buy their top of the line model. Evidently they only stock the very cheapest imported *** they can get. So long Lowes, I am going back to Sears!!!!

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - Incompetence abound

I recently went into a Lowe's here in town. It took me 20 minutes to find someone in the lawn and garden section to get a simple spark plug. In addition to that, when I finally got it, I went to check out, the store had 3 lines open, with 15 people waiting at 1. The other two had people talking and arguing about what they were and were not going to do to get things ordered. The second line had a 'manager' trying to work the computer system to even find the item that the customers were trying to buy. After 1 HOUR and 2 line changes I finally just pushed the basket away and left. These stores have no people, no competence, and no caring about their customers whatsoever.

OK, I got a look at the Lowe's antiquated computer system which employees struggle with since it Linux-based and Lowe's has ancient computers which leads me think that they don't spend money on technology. That isn't incompetence on the employee's part.

I may be assuming too much in asking if you are an analytical, competent shopper? When I go to the store, I go when traffic is low. If you went on a bright sunshiney Saturday, it was probably packed and you aren't royalty, so get in line. As for the computers, you need to complain to the higher-ups, because the employees can not help that they are given a Yugo and then told to break the speed record for you in it.

If you were considering these factors and solutions to them, you might have a better shopping experience in the future. Think outside of yourself.

Review

Lowes takes your money but does not refund

Just finished installing a sprinkler system in 90 degree heat and at the end of the project I simply took back the 7 pieces of the system I did not use. Glad to be done with the project, I walked into Lowes and took at the products I did not use and asked for a refund. I had the receipts but did not have my wallet with me. The cashier said he could not refund my purchase so I asked him to simply give me a credit that I could use another day. To my surprise, the cashier told me he couldn't do that without my wallet. Hold it, I bought some of the materials without a wallet. What is the deal? I simply told the cashier he can keep the merchandise and now shop at Home Depot who has a better return policy. Don't spend money at a retail store who gladly takes your money on products and then sticks it to you on a refund. I now shop at Home Depot.

I have had EXCELLENT service when returning goods at Lowe's! I just returned $4k of special ordered merchandise and they didn't give me any issues whatsoever.

People have to be realistic about returns. There are scammers who buy stuff elsewhere and then take it to the store and ask for a refund, profiting the difference.

That's why they require ID. Cmon, be realistic, patient and nice to the refunds' counter and you'd be surprised how far that goes....

I hope everyone reads the comment above to get a good idea of the refund philosophy of Lowes Corporation. I have rarely complained about a retailer, and when I do, I generally get an apology or some effort to try to rectify the problem.

However, the comment from the Hot Headed Lowes Employee above highlights the fact that they would rather fight, abuse, or trivialize a customer's feedback comment. However, the "hot headed writer" above asked me to tell the whole story, so I will. I did forget my wallet and credit card. Yes, I did also drive to the store--because as I stated before, I forgot my wallet.

What I didn't add to the story was that I did not expect a refund. I simply asked the service desk to exchange these items with one simply sprinkler head. In other words, simply take these items of value and let me run to the back of the store to get one more sprinkler head to finish the project. In short, I give them X amount of products back and they give me less than X amount of products back.

Lowes gets the best in that exchange. Well they even refused to exchange (no tax liability or fee with this transaction). There is more to the story. Later on I spoke to the manager of the Lowes store and he apologized to me (unlike Hot Headed Lowes corporate above).

In fact, the local manager told me the employee should of, at minimum, allowed me to exchange the products. Now you know the rest of the story.

Why don't you tell the whole story? It's not your wallet they wanted but what was in it.

I expect you used a credit card to make the purchase. When a retailer makes a sale on a credit card they pay a fee to the issuer of the card. When you return a product they make the refund to the same card so they can get the fee returned to them as well.

Just because you just got done installing a sprinkler system on a hot day doesn't give you the right to be a hot headed consumer and think the store has to bend the rules for you. Hope you didn't drive to the store as I expect your drivers license was in your wallet as well.

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes in Irvine, California - Rejection of my product review.

I wrote a detailed review of the Wagner Airless Sprayer and even went out of my way to thanked Lowes for the complete refund, but Lowes rejected the posting of my critical review. I thought it was well worded and written, and very clean. It apears to me that The Lowes Company has more of a support position for its venders than I would have thought of a retailer. I think I will be spending a lot more of my time at Home Depot from now on. I guress there is a reason that in my area there are ten times the customers in Home Depot than Lows at any one time.

An FYI: Lowes doesn't curate their review section, a third party company handles that content. You make it sound like you thanked Lowes for the refund in the review, which is something it would be rejected for; the review is supposed to be of the product, not of your interactions with the retailer or the manufacturer.

And for the record, that same company handles Home Depot's review content as well.

I tried to submit a negative comment twice after revewing and rewritting to meet their guidelines. they still rejected it. do nto trust any comments on lowes and do not buy anythign of importance from them

#472064

Lowe's rejects reviews when there have been too many negative posts on any given product. They don't want their sales to suffer, after all!

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes in Minneapolis, Minnesota - Valspar paint is the worst paint we have ever used

I paint a lot, and am very careful in my prep work and application. I make sure surfaces are clean, painters tape is applied well, and use quality brushes and rollers. We have always used Behr or Benjamin Moore in the past, and this was our first time using Valspar paint from Lowes. This paint was thin and watery and left millions of air bubbles when applied with a roller. It also ran under the painter's tape like you would not believe, ruining previously painted walls. Coverage is nowhere close to what is advertised on the can - so we had to buy more of this *** paint to get the coverage we needed. I will stick to using Behr or Benjamin Moore in the future. Valspar paint is by far the worst painting experience I have had.

Agreed, I will never buy valaspar again, the key word here is ***

never again!!!

So TV commercials arent always correct?

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes in Greenville, South Carolina - What happened to companies!!!!!!

I am a recent employee of lowes. What happened to companies appreciating good hard working people.Its allfull" To them they have a revolving door they know that people come a dime a dozen. customer service is what builds a company. when you have good employees that care .people like me know the customer by name and welcome them i appreciate the customer because u know that these are the people that keep your cmpany and pay check comming!without themthere is no company and no jobs.But companies like lowes would rather hire and keep people that dont care.where is the sense in that

Lowes in Williamsville, New York - I applied for a credit card

I appilied for a credit card and was accepted with a credit limit of five hundred dollars. I tried to order a grille for three hundred-thirty dollars and it then tells me that I have a seventy-five dollar available balance. How does that work? Needless to say I did not order the grille! If there is a credit limit of five hundred dollars, then that is what it should be. Not 500 as the limit and then seventy-five as the available balance. Anywhere else your limit IS your available balance. I closed my account upon finding that out. Therefore, I damaged my credit. Not smart on my part. Oh well!

Upset in State College by Lowes

Went to the Lowe's in State College, PA. Requested assistance in the home and garden. Employee recommends a product that kills my grass (for up to one year). I talk with Lowe's and they turn it over to a collection agency that was so rude - i am glad the Home Depot has opened up across the street. Poor customer service. (Unfortunately, management was originally nice)- After waiting almost 2 months for some type of results, (after i called headquarters yesterday)they are willing to give me 100 for something that is going to cost over $700 to repair.