Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes services Carson City poor services lies told to customers

I was told my Electric fireplace was assemb,ed , drove 35 miles to pick up, not assembled was lied to , paid for it 6 days ago , called said it was ready, no it was not when I arrived, bad service , never again will I go into that store Bad service, Lowes get your act together , poor service.I will tell more people never to go to that store, Lies Lies Lies , you should pay for my Gas .To many surperviser , they need to go to a meeting to get in order and learn how to do things right , To many hands in the pot , Lowes is bad .
Review

You are making a big mistake if you install a kitchen with lowes

lowes sold me a kitchen with an incomplete design missing an entire wall of cabinets-dead space and appliances that do not fit into the cabinet openings after $20,000.00 was paid in advance. lowes uses subcontractors to do all of the work and you will end up managing your own job as anything would be better than the lowes team-especially in port charlotte florida. please do not find out the hard way-do not use a kitchen designer at lowes as they do not have the experience necessary to complete the job right. lowes is the worst!
#1120818

I agree. I am in the 7th month of a kitchen renovation from Lowes. The most incompetent people I have ever dealt with.

i agree lowes is a terrible store especially in port charlotte florida-mark aronoff is incompetent and makes major mistakes that other employees try to cover up. worst place to get a kitchen and worst place to get it installed,,,no truer words have ever been spoken

Review

Lowes failed to compensate us for time lost from missed appointment

I made an appointment through Lowe's Service Advantage to have warranty work done on my Extended Protection Plan (EPP) warranty freezer. The service technician failed to show, even though my wife called Service Advantage three times that day to confirm. The sub-contractor never called us, either. Scheduled another appointment, and had another no-show, eventhough I called Service Advantage twice to confirm. Our local store was fantastic - once I explained what happened he delivered a new freezer the next day. I am going to be reimbursed for items lost when the freezer died (part of the EPP that I purchased). I've asked Lowes to reimburse my wife for her lost time (a total of 8 hours) in the form of a Lowes gift card - I feel that this is appropriate, considering the failure of the sub-contractor to arrive during either of the scheduled windows (4 hours each appointment). The executive services division has refused this request, citing that the new freezer and replacement food is adequate. I disagree - I paid for that when I purchased the EPP. The company's sub-contractor procedures are the problem; the customer is not compensated by either the contractor or Lowes corporate when the sub contractor fails to show up for an appointment. There is no accountability at this level of Lowes customer support - and that's disappointing because my local Lowes store is fantastic, from the newest employee through the store manager.

Service Advantage is a subdivision of Lowe's not a sub. I am a Lowe's customer, not a customer of their local repair service.

I entered into a formal arrangement with Lowe's, not their local sub-contractor.

It's a Lowe's business decision to hire subs instead of keeping the work in house, and it's their problem when the sub fails to perform. You're right - I got a new freezer but only after I'd been stiffed for two no-shows by their sub, and only because the local Lowe's manager is a stand up guy (unlike the executive services division).

Why are you pissed at Lowes? You should be pissed at the company that provided the service.

Yes, Lowes sold you a contract provided by another company. They are not the company that provides the service. When they found you had a problem they gave you a new freezer.

They were under no obligation to do this and went above and beyond their responsibility. It's fine to be pissed, but be pissed at the proper people, not Lowes.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Loss

Lowes review in Oregon, Illinois: Lowe's does not honor warranty

I bought a Troy Built riding mower from Lowe's with an extended warranty. After 4 months the mower died and I can't get it started. I called Lowe's and they gave me a time and date when they would pick it up in a week for repair. I took off of work and nobody showed up on the date of pick... not even a call. I called Lowe's and they told me someone would call me back in a couple of days. Well it's been 3 days and haven't heard a word. In the mean time my 3 acres of grass are growing. But doesn't seem like a concern to Lowe's. They sold me a worthless extended warranty. I'm going to report this to Troy Built and the attorney general's office of Illinois.

thay dont honor veterans ID cards nether.I think thay have no honor.

did you call 1-888-77-LOWES (56937).

I'm also having an issue with their extended warranty, but on an appliance. Lot's of room to wiggle out on these things, so my advice is don't pay the additional money. They represent that their warranty will take care of virtually anything, but rest assured...it won't.

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes review in Los Angeles, California: Animals

Lowe's allows dogs in the stores on leashes with their owners to shop, sight-see, hang out. But they would not allow an employee of their to bring in a starving, dehydrated cat found dying in the parking lot (and the cat was put in an animal carrier) to be out of the 115 degree heat in Phx, AZ, just to be safe for two hours while the employee finished her shift (and she was going to take the cat home with her). What is wrong with this story? Lowe's, where is the compassion for a dying, lonely, poor cat? How would this have hurt anything at your store or compromised any security, or hurt any other employees? I'm sorry, but this has changed my whole thinking about your company. THIS MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH.

My two children have allergies. Yesterday, my husband and I made a trip to Lowe's for a few necessities.

We spotted two dogs, with two different owners. Both dogs were smaller, and in the buggy. I do not want my children around dogs at our home, or anyone else's home, therefore: we do not own dogs. My son has to have allergy shots, since the situation has gotten worse.

I have to constantly dust and limit his exposure to the world outside. Lowe's is not a place for animals. There are too many situations that can arise from this. My family and I have no issue with service animals.

But, when my son is sneezing and pouring tears from his eyes, there had better be a good reason for it.

These dogs can ***, use the bathroom and cause someone to fall, fleas, urinate on products, leave fur behind, and cause my child misery. I do not want to see animals harmed in any way, but they do not belong in any business, unless they are a service animal.

The policy is SERVICE animals not random pets, dogs, animals. Service animals meaning they provide a service to HUMANS needing their assistance

Well I think all these stores are being lax on letting pets in the store- it should be all or nothing and in my opinion nothing. I once saw a small dog in SUBWAY!

The appropriate actions for this employee of Lowes would have been to call Animal shelter to come, provide water from the fountain or something, the police if animal welfare was unavailable or closed, the local spca, a local vet hospital, or a family member to come get the cat. If it was dying already than bringing it inside lowes would not help it survive. I love animals and know I would call for help or leave work sick and take the animal home.

I honestly am completely annoyed with people who carry their pets around stores because they are small. If I brought my 150lb dog in I guarantee any store would have a fit that lets a small dog slide. The whole policy is ***!

First of all you said Lowes allows dogs. Dogs you say. So lets say there are 14 cat hating dogs in Lowes and they allow a cat in. What do you think would happen.

Now back to normality. Lowes is way out of line allowing dogs in there stores. Which little child will get mauled and they get sued for millions before they stop the stupidity of allowing dogs in there store.

Flea infestations in their stores are highly likely and probably will be. I have seen dogs snip at a child's hand.

Pit bulls are known to attack children that are very nice animals because studies show that they think the child is another animal infringing on it.

I have seen a chiuahua use the bathroom on the floor and wasn't on a leash. Oh wait why can't people just shop without their dogs. When did this nonsense come into society They didn't do it 15 years ago.

Rotwielers in Lowes what is he doing picking out the kind of wood he wants for his dog house.

If a child looses it finger or fingers or hands I wonder what Lowes' policy will be on dogs hanging out in their stores then

By the way I like Lowes the managers are nice the employees are nice and are very helpful but their policy on animals in the stores STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First,I hate Lowes as well! Now that that is out of the way, I work in a large retail store and as sad as it is I know where they are coming from.

My store was shut down by the cities health inspector. He was not even working, just shopping in the store when he saw a small dog in a shopping cart. Because we sell a small amount of snacks and food it was considered a health hazzard to have an animal in the store. Its sad, but I do not blame this store for looking out for its own good.

I do think the least they could have done is try and make some sort of accomadation for the cat though.

Just my 2 cents. Oh and BTW I still hate LOWES!

View more comments (4)
Review

Lowes sells broken returned dyson at full price.

I went to Lowes today to buy a new Dyson animal ball vacuum. They had one left in the box on the shelf. I was really happy they had one. I put it in the cart and check out paying a total of $524.69 thanks to 10% off for a military discount. As I am loading the box in my truck I noticed the bottom is a little beat up looking and is duct taped shut. I figured it was probably damaged in shipping but that's what packaging is for. No big deal right? Wrong. I get home excited to suck up all the annoying dog hair my old vacuum couldn't handle thanks to my golden shedding from the summer heat. I open the box and about s#$t my pants. The vacuum was destroyed and full of hair and dirt. I mean the only way this could happen is if someone chucked it out of a moving vehicle. I instantly went back to Lowes with my nice slightly destroyed Dyson. I walked to the customer service desk, showed the girl and ask for a manager. 25 minutes later the *** *** shows up. He looks at it and looks at me but doesn't say anything. So I ask "Please tell me how this ends up back on your shelf for sale at full price with no markings like damaged or used?" His reply and I quote "Well we don't inspect returned products its not our responsibility." Really? No apology no offering any store credit just a fat *** telling me its not his problem. He said we will refund you your money or give you another one in 2 weeks when they come in. Sorry but if it simply did not work when I put it together that is fine, but it was a returned used product these *** bags tried to resell at full price. I took my money back and told them I was never coming back. The kicker is I went to Best Buy and bought the newer model for $100 cheaper and guess what, it was actually new. The reason I am writing this is to let anyone who reads it know anything you buy as a "new" product at Lowes could be a broken used returned product because they don't care enough about their customers to check what shape the *** is being returned in. *** Lowes.

Your not doing anything wrong, but you could be doing more thngis right.First you need to get at least one more major credit card. Then do the same thing on this one.

This means that you need to make charges every month(not going over 30% of the limit), and then pay it off.On the credit cards you have too see if you can get an increased limit.

If the limits are low (when you do open up new accounts your score will take a hit. But with the good history it will bounce back in a couple of months, and should even be better.

Well I work for Lowe's, and you'd be amazed at what somepeople do. Its impossible for us to catch all the cheapskates and scam artists. So understand it happens in all the stores, don't take it personal.

Peverted Employee Jimmie Burnett, Richardson(plano rd) LOWES

I "used"to use the lowes on plano rd in Richardson... Everytime I would go there an employee by the name of Jimmie Burnett(Beware) would try and flirt with me. I'm a 28 year old woman and this man is at least in in late 50's or 60's. At first I thought it was innocent and kinda cute of him... He started literally following me around the store, FLIRTING. I finally had enough of it when I came in with my two year old and he tried asking me to go on a date with him! I ofcourse already had told him I was married. I just cannot believe some people. I made a complaint to the manager but I have been there since and hes still there!!! BEWARE of the *** *** at Lowes in Richardson!!!!!!!!!!

How do you know his last name? That is a good question.

To the bathing suit men are dogs comment.

The bible says if you look at a woman and *** after her in your heart you have commited adultery WITH HER. The bible says no adulterer will enter the Kingdom of God so basically you think when a woman dresses like that she will get by with it. She is the one that caused the man to do it.

Let me get this right. God allows a woman to wear skimpy clothing and it is okay to provoke a man to commit adultery He is wrong for doing it a dog as you say but she is okay for doing it. I don't think so the women will be found guitly for causing it. Give it 100 years from now and you will see whether you are right or wrong. You will find out one day

There is no way you complained to management or corporate and he is still there. That is automatic termination and stalking charges.

Why haven't you proceeded to go corporate instead of leave it right there. Lowes requires you to be nice and kind to customers which in return if you say how are you doing to a woman that thinks she is a knock out notice I said she thinks not she is then she thinks your flirting with her. Further more a lot of women dress like street walking *** now days anyway 60 years ago they would have been arrested. Why would a woman dress skimpy especially if she is married not saying you but why do they do that.

Who are they trying to attract it sure isn't their husband.

Further more your married and you think some man flirting with you is cute I wonder if it was George Clooney would you have posted this. A women or man flirting is for one purpose AFFAIR.

I dont care if they come into Lowes wearing bathing suit they deserve to be respected and not grooped over. Men are just hound dogs that need to be taught some manners

when a gal comes in that is pretty or skimpy dressed the mgrs all get on their phones to say what follow her around you can hear what they are saying and it is degrading we as wemen at lowes get sick of it and HR doesnt do anything

At first you thought it was cute. You could've put a stop to it then.

Hey skepticle you always blame the victim? Or just dumb-witted ones?

Good catch that nametag thing!

Fortunately it takes more than one uncorroborated complaint to get someone fired. It seems you may know this gentleman better than you admit and want to wrong him.

How do you know his last name, it's not on his nametag! Just sayin

View more comments (7)
Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes review in Jesup, Georgia: Employs don't want to help.

I'm tired of my older family members having to lift boards, flooring, etc. The employs are there walking by the end of the isles and don't give a ***. There not busy just making time. Seems like every dept. you go in you have to beg for help. Most of the time they never come. Seems like I need to take my business somewhere else. When I do I'll take family and friends with me. If your going to work at Lowes then work at lowes don't just go to hang out. If a person needs help then you should help them. Then again the employs aren't the only ones to blame they do have a boss.

why are your older family members going to get boards, flooring, etc? lowes is a diy warehouse, so are the older family members the ones doing the work?

if they are doing the work, what's the problem? they're going to have to get it out of their car or truck when they get home.

like every other business, I'm sure that lowes has downsized their staff and the ones there are overworked and doing the best they can. why don't YOU go get the stuff for them?

LOWES -- *** LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE

I called and spoke to 3 people at the LOWES store in cromwell,CT. To verify that a given item was at the location. Since I was interested in it, and would be driving 45 mins. to the location; I wanted to make sure it was there. I was told by a associate, that they would pull the item and hold it for me that night. I arrived 40 mins later to find NO PRODUCT,,,they never had the product at the store all day. MANAGER on duty would do nothing for me,,,,no accountability for wrong and misleading information at this location. They would not do anything to recoup my loss time and money to get to them,,, MANAGER needs to go back to managers training school,,,back to basics when customer is always right,,,SHE WAS RUDE,,and unfriendly, and should be replaced,,, AVOID this store at all cost,,,,customer service is HORRIBLE, and they are highly misleading. AVOiD them ,,shop at their competitor,,HOME DEPOT,,,, never never shop for anything there,,,

lmao i love when you idiots say you'll go to home depot, #1 if you knew just how much we don't care about you going somewhere else you'd be spitting fire and #2 you're liars, you know that you weren't "right" that's why you keep coming back. we don't hold things for people without you purchasing them, and i don't care if you came all the way from timbucktoo, get over it.

Go ahead and purchase the item on Lowes.com for store pickup. This ensures the item will be processed and ready.

Take your printout/receipt to Customer Service.

Just calling to verify availability does not mean the item will be reserved for you. The store gets hundreds of these calls every day.

John N

contact corporate with managers name and state your complaint is about him and the store's customer service.

View more comments (2)
Service
Lowes Manager

No Mercy for NYC Employees Working Sunday with Hurricane Irene - Lowes need the Profits???

I visited your Red Hook Brooklyn store to get ready for Hurricane Irene and was (as everyone has been) discussing this weather event. I found out that YOUR STORE WILL BE OPEN WITH A FULL CREW ON SUNDAY IN THE MIDDLE OF HURRICANE IRENE. I cannot believe that your Red Hook Brooklyn store is NOT closing to ensure the safety of their employees – ESPECIALLY SINCE THE NYC TRANSIT IS GOING TO SHUT DOWN ALL TRAINS AND BUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL Officials are making it mandatory that everyone is safe except for LOWES. Is working at your store really worth risking the life of employees IN THE MIDDLE OF A HURRICANE???????????????? Are profits really worth that much to you? Where are the owners of Lowes???? Why are THEY not in their stores when the Hurricane hits to make sure they make a profit????? If this is the mentality of Lowes, I hope that you enjoy blood money if god forbid anything happens to those hard working employees who have no choice.

I have a real hard time believing that store was open during the middle of the hurricane.

Sharon S

They do not care if their employees are injured. Google the phrase "OSHA Lowe's". You will find that this company has a long history of not securing a safe workplace and then falsifying records about the number of employees that are injured.