Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Kansas City, Missouri - Price Hike/Gouge

I did a week's worth of research on a new washer becuase our older one stopped working. I found one at Lowes and it was 449. that was 2am and I saved it to my shopping cart and then went to bed to be sure I wanted it. At 10am the same day it was changed from 449 to 799. Neither price was a glych. It looked like they did it b/c the reviews were too good for the low price. There were 172 reviews 5 star. Most b/c of the low price. I am pissed. Do not buy from Lowes without checking all other places first. They were below other places on that one and now they are much higher. I think this is price gauging. they shouldn't be able to raise the price that much just because people liked it. Plus the only reason most were so happy to make a review was b/c of the great bang for the buck. Obviously they made enough money on it at the other price for it to sell that many and be fine.

It wasn't an ad, it was the actual price before. And I asked when we went in and the lady just awkwardly Smiled.

Now this washer is on sale for 100 more than it was before, so don't fall for the sale ad b/c other stores have it cheaper anyway. Hike it up a ton and then fool people into thinking they are getting a good deal. The back of the current ad shows them and they were regularly 450 less than 2 weeks ago. That is why I am pissed.

It was not on sale at 450. It was regular price and it changed online in my cart the same day.

did you take a copy of the ad in . I did and they still honored the price...sometimes you have to ask.

juniper1102

Clarification. It went up to 699 online and up to 799 in store in Independence, MO.

Outrageous.

We needed to use a lowes card and a debit card so we sould have had to go in store anyway. Unbelieveable.

Lowes in Carnation, Washington - Lowe's customer service refused to return

Very angry today. Lowe's violated their return policy. The guy who works at customer service refused our returning since items not in receipts. He insisted it's Lowe's return policy. But I found this on the back of receipt. For returns whithout valid receipts: .In most instances, your receipt can be retrieved by using the original credit card, checking account number, or by your phone number. . In-store credit may be issued for the item's current selling price. I can't believe that guy just lied to us. I don't think it's because he didn't know. I can't understand his purpose. It's very bad bad bad experience. We are very very very angry.

How come every customer says they spend $10,000? PLEASE. No receipts refuse to give your credit card to verify sale= probably stolen.

Umm....What does that tell you..."The excuse that guy gave was because they were not on receipts'" That's not an excuse...it was right there in front of you! Either you had the wrong reciepts,which is possible if you bought $10,000, or perhaps you bought it at a different store.And past lowes employee is correct,they could have looked it up on your credit card.

If you do not have your receipt, all they have to do is scan the credit card that the items were purchased on. Otherwise, they can look up the receipt if the purchase was made in the store you went to do the return, as long as it was within 90 days. Good Luck.

We spent over $10,000 in past 6 weeks for a remodel project. We bought extra parts/materials and they told us we could return if any left when we purchased them.

Most items we were trying to return were unopened. Others items were not packed at all at original purchase.

The excuse that guy gave was because they were not on receipts.

I can't beleive they refused your return. What was it you were trying to return.Keep in mind Lowe's is not a rental center.

@Lowes Hardware

they may very well got lazy with you! did you have a lot of stuff to return!

I bet he found a quick loop whole as not to assist you!

if it was within 90 days and you found out how you bought the items then there shouldnt have been a problem. try again

View more comments (5)

Lowes sold defective Frigidaire Freezer
We bought a FRIGIDAIRE freezer that was delivered July 19, 2011. Followed cooling instructions to prepare to freeze. Picked up a steer we had processed (600lbs) and put in freezer on July 21, 2011. Everything froze fine, I got hamburger out of it once and a roast on Saturday, July 23, 2011. All was well until today, July 30, 2011. Opened the freezer to get steak out and meat was thawed, blood on everything it was still cold and the bottom portion was still somewhat frozen. Called Lowes who put me through to the warranty department. They could not send anyone out until next Tuesday. Lowes wouldn't bring us another freezer or let us pick one up today to hopefully save some of the meat. Went to Sears purchased a Kenmore and am taking the bloody, stinking freezer back to Lowes. Long story short after 11 days the freezer thawed around 300lbs of meat. Won't buy another Frigidaire product and done shopping at Lowes!

I think Kenmore is made by frigidaire.check it out.

Sochale -

As the rep from Electrolux has taken credit for - the freezer was made by them, not Lowe's. I hope you enjoy the Kenmore freezer, most likely made by Electrolux (Kenmore doesn't make anything). Another bright consumer.

I apologize for the inconvenience and concerns this unit and customer service received from Lowe's has been causing you. I would like to further assist you but in order to do so, will you please email me directly at Chris.Polk@Electrolux.com with your unit's model/serial information, personal name, address, phone number and date of purchase of the unit? When you send the email please make sure to have "HELP CENTER" somewhere in the subject line for tracking purposes. This way I can create a footprint in our system when the account is created. You will have proof of our correspondence and if you ever need to reference it in the future you will have a reference number.

Thank you in advance for supplying me the information needed. Please include any other pertinent information concerning this unit. I look forward to further resolving this matter.

Chris Polk

Online Outreach Representative

Electrolux Major Appliances, North America

Lowes in Lawrence, Kansas - Troy-Bilt Trimmers Built To Run 10 Hours, Only

Troy-Bilt trimmers require that the valves be readjusted after using 10 hours and every 25 hours afterwards. This information is not provided on the outside of the box. This required an individual to take the motor partially apart adjust both the intake and exhaust valves and torque the head back on correctly. Consumers do not have the knowledge to perform such repair are required to have it done by a professional for approximately $35.00 to $50.00 or more, on a $200.00 piece of equipment. Called Troy-Bilt at 800-296-6215 explaining to them that normal individuals did not have the equipment or know how to repair nor should consumers be required to pay $35.00 to $50.00 to repair every month if used 4 hours a weekend. Someone in the back ground told the individual I was talking to to disconnect the phone immediately. Wouldn't consider Troy-Bilt equipment as a choice of quality. Lowes needs to review what it offers the public in this case I felt Lowes is in as much fault as Troy-Bilt/MTD
Review
#252010 Review #252010 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Tuttle, Oklahoma - Mohawk Wear Dated Carpet from Lowe's

My husband and I purchased Mohawk Wear Dated carpet from Lowe's and it was installed on May 7, 2010. The carpet was represented to have a 15 year warranty. Since we are in our 60's we expected that we would not have to re-carpet our home again. However, within 6 to 7 months we began to notice problems with the carpet. The heavy traffic areas (i.e. in front of our chairs, under the computer desk and the entrance from the kitchen into the living room) were fuzzy and it was apparent that the carpet was flawed. We filed a claim with Mohawk – they passed it off to Wear Dated who denied our claim, stating there was not a problem with the carpet. Then both Mohawk and Lowe's denied any responsibility. The claims adjuster that Lowe's sent out stated he could see that the carpet looked like a fuzzy sweater and that it was apparent there was a problem with the carpet. Admittedly, all Lowe's did was to sell an inferior product. Mohawk and Wear Dated manufactured the carpet and represented it as a quality product. Additionally, they gave this carpet a 15 year warranty. However, it turns out the warranty is no good because they will not admit that there is a problem with the carpet. I want everyone to know not to buy Mohawk or anything Wear Dated. I would also encourage you not to buy carpet from Lowe's. All of the entities involved went through the motions of handling our claim, but I know when I have been HANDLED! I will continue to shop for other items at Lowe's, but next time I need to buy carpet I will go elsewhere. I can guarantee that I will not buy anything with the Mohawk or Wear Dated name. The quality leaves so very much to be desired and the warranty is apparently only a feel good at the time of purchase kind of thing. Please tell everyone you know what I have shared to make sure this does not happen to anyone else.

I am about to start the claim process - and the number I was given states I can't call it from my calling area - so I can't even get started with Mohawk. My carpet is only two years old and it too shows a lot of wear in the traffic areas.

This carpet is in our master bedroom; the carpet I have in my living room is 15 years old and looks better than this new stuff.

We don't even wear shoes in our house and there are only two of us living there - I am really concerned how this is going to go. If anyone as a different phone number for Mohawk - let me know!

I agree wholeheartedly with you about Lowe's attitude towards their customers. They did the same thing to me, going through the motions of handling my claim (their opener installer broke my garage door), while they probably just made a paper airplane out of it and threw it in the trash!

View more comments (1)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes in Palmer, Alaska - Don't use Lowe's unprofessional, dishonest installers!

DO NOT use Lowe's garage door opener installers! They are not professionals, are not honest, and Lowe's will be of no help if you have a problem with their work! After 26 years of service, the old garage door opener at my former residence (now a rental) broke. The sprocket that drives the chain broke, leaving the chain hanging. The door would still go up and down just fine, and my tenants, who have motorcycles, used it daily for a little over two weeks. I purchased a top of the line garage door opener at Lowe's, and also paid them to have an installer come put it in. After two weeks of waiting and several calls to Lowe's, the installer met me at the rental. I let him in, and since the tenant was home, I left to go home (1-mile away) and eat dinner. Half an hour later, I got a call from the installer, saying my garage door was "in really bad shape," and that he had to go. This was followed by a call from the tenant, saying the installer had left the door stuck half-way open. I went to the rental to investigate, and found the cables wound/tangled around the axis shaft. I cut the cables in order to get the door shut for the night. The next day, I called Lowe's, and spoke with the woman I'd talked to when I purchased the opener and installation. She stated that I had signed a contract clearing Lowe's of responsibility for any incidental damage to my property. I asked to speak with a manager, and was given the same information in a slightly rude manner. I called a local overhead door company, who came and replaced the cables on the door. I asked them to fix anything else they saw needing attention, since the installer had told me the door was "in really bad shape." They looked carefully at everything, and concluded that the only thing wrong was the cables needed replacing after the installer had released tension on them and not re-wound them properly. I sent an e-mail to Lowe's via their website, and received a reply that I would be contacted via e-mail within 24-hours by the store manager. I was hoping for (at a minimum) a refund of my installation fee, since the repair had cost $25 more than the installation. Four days later, I received a call from the store manager, who took all of my information and said he would investigate the situation and get back to me. This was the last I have heard from anyone at Lowe's, despite a follow-up e-mail and three phone calls to the store. DO NOT use Lowe's installers! They are not professionals, and neither are they honest. I am extremely disappointed in Lowe's, and I will drive across the state before shopping there again.

Lowe's Pro, how long have you been working as an internet spin doctor for Lowe's? That's very cute how you blame the victim for Lowe's installer's wrongdoing.

FYI, and I should have included this in my review, I cut the cables because the installer ran away and wouldn't answer his phone or call me back.

They were hopelessly tangled around the axis bar. The only other option would have been an expensive evening call out from a real professional.

Lowe's covers all installs for up to 1 year unless you do something *** like "CUT THE CABLES" Seriously this is universal no matter who you have install just about anything. Don't cut anything when someone else (a professional) is doing the install or repairing an installation issue. This is common sense.

#320915

I, too, am sorely disappointed with Lowe's installers. I bought a washer and dryer from my local Lowe's store ( in New Bern, NC).

The units were delivered, but the dryer's duct was not long enough. I was told this, and also that the maintenance man at the apartments where I live would have to install finish the installation. The maintenance man did, and he had to go and buy a longer one. I went to Lowe's and talked to the manager there, who told me that this was all the installers were required to do.

I asked him what I was supposed to do if the apartments' maintenance man had not been willing to do it, and he told me that in that case I would have had to hire someone to finish the installation.

I told him that this is shoddy service and I would never darken the doors of Lowe's again. He simply said, "Okay." He was also somewhat terse and rude with me.

Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Eugene, Oregon - They damaged my car!

the were loading a chest freezer into my car and just tossed it in and broke off the rear plastic interior panel in the back of my trunk the guy di not seam to care much luckly i found a replacement part cheap at B&R Auto Wrecking. they do sell decent stuff though :) the holiday 5.0 chest freezer has been good and not to loud we got it a few weeks ago and it holds alot of food sorry im ramebling i guss it makes use have 100 words on here i think lowes is okay but should of offered to fix my car

I'm laughing at your complaint and here's why:

#1. They were loading a CHEST FREEZER into your CAR. FREEZER ... CAR. Is it duh or no duh?

#2. "They do sell decent stuff though, smiley emoticon." Who does, Lowes or the junk yard?

Okay, stay with me here.

#3. You're freezer is "good, not to loud and holds a lot of food". How did we get here?

#4. So you still think Lowe's is okay but they should have fixed your car ... that you ALREADY fixed? At this point, why? It's over and done with thanks to B&R Auto Wrecking.

Just quickly--look at my comment. I use commas, periods, and general grammar correctly. One hundred words or not, your complaint was just one big, confusing, messed-up, run-on sentence.

Service
Lowes Replacement

Lowes Rebate Ploys

Lowes has a history of not paying rebates or sending bonus items. The consumer threads are full of disgruntled customers. Often stores hire companies that get paid depending on how much money they can save a chain by beating people out of the rebates they were promised. This has been the subject of litigation which has resulted in customers receiving their losses back. If you did not get a rebate from Lowes, call my cell at 201-926-9200 or email jsantoli@santolilaw.com with your tel no and the details. We are bringing claims to get customers their rebates and rebate items. Jos. Santoli, Esq.

Lowes in Willimantic, Connecticut - Water ace pump no good

I purchased a brand new pump for my new well i had installed.. upon instalation the pump worked for approx. 1 minute and shut off.. I checked all my valves and pressure tank and wiring to make sure that there was nothing wrong with those areas and they were all find.. my last resort was to take out the pump and check that and to my surprise it wasn't working correctly.. I called Lowes to see if i could exchance for another pump and I was told that they discontinued that pump 9 months ago and that I would have to contact the manufacturer directly.. Now as I sit here with no water, i am extremely pissed and the water ace company better go good for their no good product.. I have two small kids and no water.. It's about 90 degrees here and water would be nice!!! Sincerely pissed off customer in way upstate NY (Plattsburgh) Roger M.

It doesn't sound like you installed the pump as soon as you bought it. I don't understand how people expect a store to exchange products they bought months or years ago.

Vendors may discontinue an item or they may change their line up of stocked items. Next time wait till you are going to use a product before you buy it.

Lowes has treated me like a king over the years. I special ordered 8'garage doors when i should have ordered 9' doors.

My fault and the corrected with no extra charges.

I dont work for Lowes or own their stock. I hate Home Depot thou.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes has the worst possible customer service.

Their returns associate Luz in Austin Texas was extremely rude. Her attitudes need total revamping. I was shocked how she was yelling at me for a return that was within 40 days of purchase, had receipts and product codes in order!!!! If they want customers to return products within a week, they should say so on their receipts and not advertise a return policy of 90 days!!! Lowe's associates need a total customer service training and paradigm shift. They ensure total customer dissatisfaction. Throughout my life I have always shopped at lowe's -- As of now, I am never shopping at Lowe's again!!.

I agree, Lowe's customer service is terrible! I too was treated rudely over the phone by a Lowe's employee. I have spent thousands of dollars in their stores, but in the future it will all be going to their competitors.

I've had no problem with customer service at my Lowes in Eastern NC. In fact when I found out that there is a 10% military discount (retired Marine) I mentioned that I had bought over $2400.00 worth of home improvement items over the past 6 months the clerk told me to bring in my receipts and he would give me the discount.

I did...

and she gave me $240.00. No problems at all here!

Lowes has a history of not paying customers their product rebates. If you have had this happen call my cell at 201-926-9200 or email me at jsantoli@santolilaw.com.

We are bringing claims to get customers their rebates.

Jos. Santoli, Esq.

And no Lowes employee will loose any sleep over you not shopping there anymore. When one customer leaves MANY others join.

Regardless of how much money you use to spend at their stores you will not hurt their market share by leaving because they are a CORPORATION. Point being, you will not be missed.

View more comments (3)