Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Lazy management

I use the Lowes store at 19 mckenna road in arden Nc. to the tune of about two grand a week. Only because they have the material my customer wants. Every day I order 500 pavers to be picked up the next morning and usually the great everyday folks who work there have them ready. And again this morning they were ready but I had to sit and wait 45 minutes for the manager to finish his personal phone call to came and open the back gate so they could load my truck. He was on his cell phone as he opened the gate and made me quite aware I was a pain in his butt. It is a shame that such great employees are dragged down by such poor management. Where to they find them?
Loss

Lowes Poor service on power eqipment

Lowes does not service anything that they sell. I have bought 4 pieces of Troy Bilt power equipment. But Lowes handles no parts. Not even belts or cables. Yes the handle generic parts that don't fit or work. Lowes is so big they have a hold over the Manufacturers. They can sell there products but don't have to service or represent them..My next major purchases will be from some one that offers service after the sale. So , you save a few bucks. The service is worth something. The employees don't help you either. They just said sorry, we don't handle parts for any of this equipment

Lowes in Jacksonville, North Carolina - Did Not Believe The Costumer

We bought 2 plants with a 1 year warranty but they died within 2 months so we went back to Lowe's to return them. We lost the receipt but the worker said we could give her out phone number and credit card number. She checked 3 different credit cards and said she couldn't find it so she accused us of lying so she denied the return. Even though we told her exactly what day we bought them and what the cost for them were. We went back home and found our credit card bill then returned to Lowe's but the worker wasn't there so we explained it to a different worker. She checked the credit card number again and FOUND IT! And the 2nd worker apologized for the 1st worker's mistake. We didn't care about getting our money back, we mostly hated how the 1st worker thought we were LYING! >:(

Yeah, my brother deals with people like you all day. He comes home irritated because you don't think to come prepared like a responsible adult and shopper.

Clean-cut kids aren't the issue so much as customers who can't, don't or won't read the return policies and, yet, have the audacity to get angry when the associate refuses to take the stranger's word for it. Receipts are proof of sale and it is well within reason to require them for return.

Wasn't it amazing how much quicker you got your problem resolved when you brought in the receipt. Next time you return a product bring the receipt the first time.

Lowes return policy on non sellable nursery is the product shouldnt be returned unless a receipt is present.

nikalseyn

You just got a *** employee. That's not hard to do these days---most of the young people I used to interview for jobs were functionally illiterate and looked like they had just finished changing the oil in a truck.

I had a hard time finding clean-cut, literate kids.

At least you eventually got someone smart. Try that at Walmart!!

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Helena, Montana - Refused to give me my veterans discount

My wife & I were in the Missoula, Mt. store and we bought some plants and when we paid for them the cashier refused to give me the vets discount. Said I had to have a picture ID.When I was discharged after spending 13 months in Korea from July 1953 to August 1954 & I had my DD214 with me to prove it she became very rude and told me it had to be a picture. Back then they didn't put pictures on them. Thank You.The date was May 14th and check was made out for the sum of $35.77

Quit your whining "Discrimination" :cry

Cops do not lay their lives down for this country! Being a cop is way down at the bottom of the list of dangerous jobs! Truckers and construction workers have a MUCH higher job mortality rate than cops! They also lay their lives down for their country! Why not everyone get the discount?

Cops are "order followers" who are the biggest part of the problem why this country is becoming a police state! When was the last time you heard of a cop that arrested their buddy cops, judges, politicians, banksters, etc for the same things they throw the book at the rest of us for?

Cops facilitate corruption constantly! They are ALL, yes 100%, oathbreakers! When a cop has to decide between obeying their oath or following an order to violate their oath they choose to "follow orders" and "just do their job!"

Why shouldn't cops get everything free? They push for free *** all the time from doughnut shops!

Quit your blubbering :cry :cry :cry

I was at Lowe's today in Lubbock, Tx and asked about the discount and they said yes I could get one if I showed an ID. I handed them my Department of Veterans Affairs ID card from the VA clinic I go to and that was good enough. Got my 10% discount.

I'm a Lowe's employee and a veteran and this absolutley ticks me off. It's employees like this that give the whole crowd a bad name.

Did you ask to speak to a manager, surely we don't have 2 idiots working the same area at the same time. I'm am so sorry that you didn't feel welcome and appreciated. Absolutley un-called for. The hard part is that most people don't even know what a DD-214 is.

That and your drivers lisence should have sealed the deal or we should have just given it to you for the sake of arguement. Sir, not all Lowe's employees act this way.

I'm a Vet. and according to people I have spoken to you can get your 10% discount any day of the year.

So they must not like US Vet's anymore? Love to hear what the CEO has to say about that!

What about police officers that put there life on the líne every day? Why don't they get a discount? Many of them have died for their country.

Forget about it Lowes has *** for appliances anyhow, they either break quick or start out needing serviced. Everything they have that takes an electric plug is a "contractor grade" "second" from whatever factory in China it came from.

Go somewhere else and buy what you need. Welcome Home.

I would like to meet you "f14 mech" as you seem like an up on Vets policy kind of person that appreciates other vets. I offerd to show her my current valid CDL License but she had her *** mind made up that I needed a Military ID..Oh Well.

As a Lowe's employee and a US Navy retiree (Yes i have seen combat) I would first like to apologize for your dissatisfaction and poor service. Stor policy is on "Patriotic holidays" a Vet will be given 10% off with a copy of DD214 and a valid picture ID. The ID can be a drivers license, passport, state ID etc.

With the complaint you have listed you stated "...the cashier refused to give me the vets discount. Said I had to have a picture ID." With the information you provided she would have been compliant with policy.

Now if you did show SOME form of valid picture identification and you were denied the discount you can simply ask to speak with the manager. It would have been handled at that time. It may be that the register attendant was untrained on policy.

I served 4 years in the Air Force ('62 to'66) and did not receive any ID when I was discharged. I carry a certified copy of my DD214 because other businesses also give discounts to veterans and have asked for proof of service.

It has been accepted by every store that gives a discount except the Lowe's in Sandusky, Ohio. I shop another Lowe's in Ohio and they have accepted it every time. They only ask that I show any picture ID to prove who I am. My driver's license has been accepted as proof and I receive my discount.

The Sandusky Lowe's policy sucks. It excludes 90% of 1, 2, 3, and 4 hitch veterans from the discount. Those are the vast majority of veterans who have fought in the wars.

I have nothing against "lifers," but many of them were non-combatants. Imagine what my Dad, who was at Normandy, France, the Rhineland, and Germany during WW2, would think (were he alive today) if he was in line behind a retiree who had a picture ID and got his discount and he was refused because he didn't.

I appreciate your service for our country. That being said you should appreciate their policy regarding picture I.D.'s.

It is a security measure to protect against fraud by preventing any Tom *** or Harry receiving something they didnt earn. Something that is reserved for our men and women who have or are protecting our great nation.

@nerdlinger, he probably doesn't carry it everywhere he goes. Did you pause to think that maybe he only brought it to Lowes for the discount?

Honestly, the DD214 and his driver's license should've been all that was needed.

I work retail, and I would've accepted it. If I was denied the discount, I would've asked for a manager and if that didn't work, would've left without buying anything.

the dd214 was accepted on memorial day weekend for the ones that pass judgement without knowing the facts because they are ignorant for one thing.

Sam you are the sorry S.O.B. and you do have a sorry *** If you are a vet I am sure that you have been told over and over DO NOT CARRY you dd214 member 4 with you

There is no "vet ID" however there is a VA ID card or your retired military ID card anyone can fake a DD214

Yours truly

USA 23 Year Retired Master Sergeant

If you served our country, Im not gonna scrutinize you and make you prove it, ESPECIALLY not on Memorial weekend. Because if you lie about something like that, you better hope the good lord is feeling merciful when he's judging your soul.

in summary, what that girl did was messed up regardless of what documentation you had or didn't have.

#292078

One question:

If you have a picture ID with your DD214 stamped on the back... why didn't you just show them that?

Why would you have your long form DD214 with you? That doesn't make sense and I'm a service member.

You sorry S.O.B if you come to Missoula Mt. I'll show you the card I carry and the DD form 214 that is on the back of it and then you can KISS my sorry *** as you put it in front of the sorry Lowes store that we have. Do your homework before you pass judgement on something you know nothing about..

View more comments (15)

Lowes in San Diego, California - Lowe's Blows

enough said . . . *** customer service, customer service reps who talk like they know everything but obviously don't. I ordered a corian counter top & custom cabinets. The cabinets are beautiful but the sales rep neglected to tell me I need scribe & kick plates. OK, just another 2 weeks wait for that! The corian became a nightmare when 3 days before it was to be installed, a Lowe's rep called & said it was going to cost $360 more because they underestimated the square footage. (What a great way to make your customers happy, "it's only gonna cost you $360 more." I questioned that estimate, & while on the phone he came up with another estimated sq ft. Needless to say, since March 19th I've been dealing with a few *** at Lowe's Blows. Avoid that place & save yourself alot of headache!

Yeah the same thing happened to me, but I knew it could. I signed a paper stating that "this contract is just an estimate and final cost will be determined after the feild template is complete".

You signed that paper, correct? Its unfortunate that you are bashing Lowes for something you failed to read, there is no weight to your claims that you were dealing with *** I wouldnt make a practice of signing things without reading them.

Yeah, you sound like one of those "5 figure bonus" *** at Lowe's Blows! You are another good reason not to go there, upper management who can't spell probably doesn't much give a *** about anything except that big paycheck.

Give us a break, you can't possibly be in any sort of management position with that poor spelling! (Except at Lowe's Blow perhaps?)

Lowes is a very reputable company, if you are unhappy with your serice, contact an a memer of upper management and voice your converns. There is no need to badger a company over on un-knowing employee. Thank you for your business, and getting me my 5 figure bonus :)

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Wichita, Kansas - Valspar paint from Lowe's

We attempted to paint the exterior of our home with Valspar Satin finish paint. The first problem to appear were small pinhead sized bubbles that looked liked there was sand in the paint. Next, a week later, large tennis ball size bubbles formed. In addition, the satin finish was as shiny as glossy paint!?!? We are now faced with the daunting job of repainting after we sand, patch where the large bubbles are and reprime. We did all the prep by the book so that was not an issue. We definitely will NEVER use Valspar paint again. We took our vacation in order to get this job done and now must attempt an even bigger job in our "spare" time.

As far as Valspar goes it is very misleading as they advertise there interior paint as paint and primer in one. It is not a self priming paint but only has the same binders as a primer thus your first coat acting as a primer then your second coat is your finish coat. And guess what, you just paid about $40.00 for a paint and primer in one that will actually take you two coats.

Loss
I like working at Lowe's but what really makes me sad is the poor management and their lack of caring on important issues and then over emphasizing trivial matters. They will bend over backwards for customers but if you own your own company and just come in to...

Couple things... I agree that while you are an employee and have questions or problems with products it sucks...

It is uncomfortable trying to talk to a co-worker about their mistake and uncomfortable to talk to a manager about returning something. On the other hand, you should not be buying products for your business with your employee discount, it is for personal use only, and no your personal business doesn't count.

With the Lowe's Amex you get 5% off, not your 10%. You should have been told this before, and shame on your managers for not catching it and your fellow employees.for knowingly breaking the rules.

View more comments
Loss
If any of you are having the problem I am having getting any satisfation our of Lowes' try their corporate headquarters in N.C., 704-758-1000. Yes it's long distance from California, but if you're having as much trouble with Lowe's customer service as I am this may be...

If you want to do a favor to your self do not do business with lowe's the are the crappiest

View more comments

Don't order from Lowes.

Did a bath remodel and I ordered a vanity from Lowes. Came in wrong size. Had to re-order. Ordered another vanity, wrong vanity, again. Now it's the right size but with a dual sink. Never ordered a dual sink. My bathroom remodel was supposed to be done by April 15, and here it is May 23 and I'll have to wait another three weeks for another vanity. My bathroom remodel might get done in June. If Lowes manages to get it right this time around. Lowes' is the worst. Go anywhere but don't go to Lowe's.

Have had same issues. Also have purchased merchandise that had been resealed as new by the store even after it was returned and installed.

Was told that all items are inspected. I guess that's why all the hardware and glass was taken out of the doors I purchased as "new". The Lowes in Fort Walton Bch.

FL is the WORST. Go anywhere but Lowes!

I agree lowes it the worst at customer service. had a roof installed in dec and still leaks after three atempts by lowes to fix, now it is worse than ever.

had to get a lawyer and have another company install roof. now i am just begging for my money back.

basicaly they say so sue us. not a good company to work with and they will rob you blind.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Livingston, New Jersey - Pound Sand Return

I attempted to return an electric pressure washer to Lowes in Coeur d' Alene Idaho. I used the washer once (summer of 10'), tried to use it this week - non-op. Lowes customer service rep asked if I called the manufacturer - I said no. She then told me I should have purchased the service plan. No offer, no help - Just POUND SAND! I left the washer at Her counter. If She has offered even a token of a settlement I would have been OK with the treatment. I went to Costco and bought a replacement. Last applicance or power tool I buy from Lowes!

This is a prime example of a ***. He expects a token of credit?

Then has a tantrum and leaves his property on the desk. Real good.

You could have called the manf. This isnt 1970 anymore nor is it Mels hardware.

fearnofishy

I agree with the other comments. Sounds like you went in hot headed and would not even discuss the problem or ask for a supervisor.

My wife worked there as a supervisor and you would not believe how many times they went far beyond what they needed to simply to make the customer happy.

Moral of your story.. keep your cool and then ask for a supervisor. If you would have done this I am betting you would have walked out with a new power washer.

its under manufacturer warranty for a year, not lowes so dont blame lowes for not being able to help you. if you wanted them to help you should have purchased an extended protection plan through them, duh

what do you expect you bought it a year ago. It is not warrantied by Lowe's it is warrantied by the manufacturer.

View more comments (3)