Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Helena, Montana - Refused to give me my veterans discount

My wife & I were in the Missoula, Mt. store and we bought some plants and when we paid for them the cashier refused to give me the vets discount. Said I had to have a picture ID.When I was discharged after spending 13 months in Korea from July 1953 to August 1954 & I had my DD214 with me to prove it she became very rude and told me it had to be a picture. Back then they didn't put pictures on them. Thank You.The date was May 14th and check was made out for the sum of $35.77

Quit your whining "Discrimination" :cry

Cops do not lay their lives down for this country! Being a cop is way down at the bottom of the list of dangerous jobs! Truckers and construction workers have a MUCH higher job mortality rate than cops! They also lay their lives down for their country! Why not everyone get the discount?

Cops are "order followers" who are the biggest part of the problem why this country is becoming a police state! When was the last time you heard of a cop that arrested their buddy cops, judges, politicians, banksters, etc for the same things they throw the book at the rest of us for?

Cops facilitate corruption constantly! They are ALL, yes 100%, oathbreakers! When a cop has to decide between obeying their oath or following an order to violate their oath they choose to "follow orders" and "just do their job!"

Why shouldn't cops get everything free? They push for free *** all the time from doughnut shops!

Quit your blubbering :cry :cry :cry

I was at Lowe's today in Lubbock, Tx and asked about the discount and they said yes I could get one if I showed an ID. I handed them my Department of Veterans Affairs ID card from the VA clinic I go to and that was good enough. Got my 10% discount.

I'm a Lowe's employee and a veteran and this absolutley ticks me off. It's employees like this that give the whole crowd a bad name.

Did you ask to speak to a manager, surely we don't have 2 idiots working the same area at the same time. I'm am so sorry that you didn't feel welcome and appreciated. Absolutley un-called for. The hard part is that most people don't even know what a DD-214 is.

That and your drivers lisence should have sealed the deal or we should have just given it to you for the sake of arguement. Sir, not all Lowe's employees act this way.

I'm a Vet. and according to people I have spoken to you can get your 10% discount any day of the year.

So they must not like US Vet's anymore? Love to hear what the CEO has to say about that!

What about police officers that put there life on the líne every day? Why don't they get a discount? Many of them have died for their country.

Forget about it Lowes has *** for appliances anyhow, they either break quick or start out needing serviced. Everything they have that takes an electric plug is a "contractor grade" "second" from whatever factory in China it came from.

Go somewhere else and buy what you need. Welcome Home.

I would like to meet you "f14 mech" as you seem like an up on Vets policy kind of person that appreciates other vets. I offerd to show her my current valid CDL License but she had her *** mind made up that I needed a Military ID..Oh Well.

As a Lowe's employee and a US Navy retiree (Yes i have seen combat) I would first like to apologize for your dissatisfaction and poor service. Stor policy is on "Patriotic holidays" a Vet will be given 10% off with a copy of DD214 and a valid picture ID. The ID can be a drivers license, passport, state ID etc.

With the complaint you have listed you stated "...the cashier refused to give me the vets discount. Said I had to have a picture ID." With the information you provided she would have been compliant with policy.

Now if you did show SOME form of valid picture identification and you were denied the discount you can simply ask to speak with the manager. It would have been handled at that time. It may be that the register attendant was untrained on policy.

I served 4 years in the Air Force ('62 to'66) and did not receive any ID when I was discharged. I carry a certified copy of my DD214 because other businesses also give discounts to veterans and have asked for proof of service.

It has been accepted by every store that gives a discount except the Lowe's in Sandusky, Ohio. I shop another Lowe's in Ohio and they have accepted it every time. They only ask that I show any picture ID to prove who I am. My driver's license has been accepted as proof and I receive my discount.

The Sandusky Lowe's policy sucks. It excludes 90% of 1, 2, 3, and 4 hitch veterans from the discount. Those are the vast majority of veterans who have fought in the wars.

I have nothing against "lifers," but many of them were non-combatants. Imagine what my Dad, who was at Normandy, France, the Rhineland, and Germany during WW2, would think (were he alive today) if he was in line behind a retiree who had a picture ID and got his discount and he was refused because he didn't.

I appreciate your service for our country. That being said you should appreciate their policy regarding picture I.D.'s.

It is a security measure to protect against fraud by preventing any Tom *** or Harry receiving something they didnt earn. Something that is reserved for our men and women who have or are protecting our great nation.

@nerdlinger, he probably doesn't carry it everywhere he goes. Did you pause to think that maybe he only brought it to Lowes for the discount?

Honestly, the DD214 and his driver's license should've been all that was needed.

I work retail, and I would've accepted it. If I was denied the discount, I would've asked for a manager and if that didn't work, would've left without buying anything.

the dd214 was accepted on memorial day weekend for the ones that pass judgement without knowing the facts because they are ignorant for one thing.

Sam you are the sorry S.O.B. and you do have a sorry *** If you are a vet I am sure that you have been told over and over DO NOT CARRY you dd214 member 4 with you

There is no "vet ID" however there is a VA ID card or your retired military ID card anyone can fake a DD214

Yours truly

USA 23 Year Retired Master Sergeant

If you served our country, Im not gonna scrutinize you and make you prove it, ESPECIALLY not on Memorial weekend. Because if you lie about something like that, you better hope the good lord is feeling merciful when he's judging your soul.

in summary, what that girl did was messed up regardless of what documentation you had or didn't have.

#292078

One question:

If you have a picture ID with your DD214 stamped on the back... why didn't you just show them that?

Why would you have your long form DD214 with you? That doesn't make sense and I'm a service member.

You sorry S.O.B if you come to Missoula Mt. I'll show you the card I carry and the DD form 214 that is on the back of it and then you can KISS my sorry *** as you put it in front of the sorry Lowes store that we have. Do your homework before you pass judgement on something you know nothing about..

View more comments (15)

Lowes in San Diego, California - Lowe's Blows

enough said . . . *** customer service, customer service reps who talk like they know everything but obviously don't. I ordered a corian counter top & custom cabinets. The cabinets are beautiful but the sales rep neglected to tell me I need scribe & kick plates. OK, just another 2 weeks wait for that! The corian became a nightmare when 3 days before it was to be installed, a Lowe's rep called & said it was going to cost $360 more because they underestimated the square footage. (What a great way to make your customers happy, "it's only gonna cost you $360 more." I questioned that estimate, & while on the phone he came up with another estimated sq ft. Needless to say, since March 19th I've been dealing with a few *** at Lowe's Blows. Avoid that place & save yourself alot of headache!

Yeah the same thing happened to me, but I knew it could. I signed a paper stating that "this contract is just an estimate and final cost will be determined after the feild template is complete".

You signed that paper, correct? Its unfortunate that you are bashing Lowes for something you failed to read, there is no weight to your claims that you were dealing with *** I wouldnt make a practice of signing things without reading them.

Yeah, you sound like one of those "5 figure bonus" *** at Lowe's Blows! You are another good reason not to go there, upper management who can't spell probably doesn't much give a *** about anything except that big paycheck.

Give us a break, you can't possibly be in any sort of management position with that poor spelling! (Except at Lowe's Blow perhaps?)

Lowes is a very reputable company, if you are unhappy with your serice, contact an a memer of upper management and voice your converns. There is no need to badger a company over on un-knowing employee. Thank you for your business, and getting me my 5 figure bonus :)

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Wichita, Kansas - Valspar paint from Lowe's

We attempted to paint the exterior of our home with Valspar Satin finish paint. The first problem to appear were small pinhead sized bubbles that looked liked there was sand in the paint. Next, a week later, large tennis ball size bubbles formed. In addition, the satin finish was as shiny as glossy paint!?!? We are now faced with the daunting job of repainting after we sand, patch where the large bubbles are and reprime. We did all the prep by the book so that was not an issue. We definitely will NEVER use Valspar paint again. We took our vacation in order to get this job done and now must attempt an even bigger job in our "spare" time.

As far as Valspar goes it is very misleading as they advertise there interior paint as paint and primer in one. It is not a self priming paint but only has the same binders as a primer thus your first coat acting as a primer then your second coat is your finish coat. And guess what, you just paid about $40.00 for a paint and primer in one that will actually take you two coats.

Lowes in Albany, New York - Lowe's

I like working at Lowe's but what really makes me sad is the poor management and their lack of caring on important issues and then over emphasizing trivial matters. They will bend over backwards for customers but if you own your own company and just come in to shop at Lowe's just because you work their you get no service or customer service. I find myself on days off when I'm in the store buying stuff answering questions getting pages and phone calls even though I am a customer at that time. I own a company that buys stuff from Lowe's and I am always enticed to shop there since I have a Lowe's AMEX and I get my discount but every time it ceases to amaze me I get hosed. I order windows and they come in with the wrong screens and I'm stuck because managers don't care and don't really want to help you. Then you don't want to complain to the specialist since you work with them. Someone told me to call the care line but then it is like going over your managers head which will only put you under a microscope and probably get you fired. Funny thing is if you returned them it would be a nightmare but they would happily do it for any other customer. It's like a damned if I do and damned if I don't. I called the vendor and he was going to help me by sending people out. I thought this was ridiculous because I had to call the guy I filed a service call but it's like I had to do it all myself on my day off since everyone played dumb, didn't want to help, or didn't care. Since their was another defect he said he'd send someone out and once he found out I worked for Lowe's he never called again and no one came out for a warranty call. I recommend people that work for Lowe's not shop at the store they work at or even a store you know fellow employees at to actually get decent service. For windows I will never shop at Lowe's it is sad for me to say that since I work for Lowe's and have worked for them for 4 years.

Couple things... I agree that while you are an employee and have questions or problems with products it sucks...

It is uncomfortable trying to talk to a co-worker about their mistake and uncomfortable to talk to a manager about returning something. On the other hand, you should not be buying products for your business with your employee discount, it is for personal use only, and no your personal business doesn't count.

With the Lowe's Amex you get 5% off, not your 10%. You should have been told this before, and shame on your managers for not catching it and your fellow employees.for knowingly breaking the rules.

Yes there are people who work for Lowe's and are self employed also. Why would this be so hard to believe.

Some do it for the steady income and medical benefits. You be suprised how many Lowe's employees are self employed.

The managers just look at you like you are trash and they don't care since they Think they have 200 other people to hire and they don't know a thing! Don't Work For Lowes At All You will Be Sorry!!!!

You own your company and work for Lowes? Are you a "troll for Lowes"?

If this is indeed true, you are subject to immediate firing for violating company policy. Using your employee discount for monetary gain. Discount is to offset your low wages at Lowes. They call it a benefit.

Do you offer the products you buy at Lowes to your customers for the same discounted price you paid for them?

I bet not. End of story.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in San Jose, California - Lowe's corporate headquarters number

If any of you are having the problem I am having getting any satisfation our of Lowes' try their corporate headquarters in N.C., 704-758-1000. Yes it's long distance from California, but if you're having as much trouble with Lowe's customer service as I am this may be your best bet. I ordered a vanity and it came in the wrong size, they ordered me another vantiy and it came in the wrong size. I've been promised a call from regional managers and have not received any communication. I called the corporate headquarters and hope they contact me... but I'm not holding my breath.

If you want to do a favor to your self do not do business with lowe's the are the crappiest

....If you're planning a home improvement project in the Fayetteville, NC area whatever you do, don't do business with Lowe's store number 388 located on Skibo Rd. I ordered fourteen replacement windows from them on September 5, 2014 and it's now October 29 with no end in sight as to when the project will be completed.

Their salesman over promised and under-delivered, will not return phone calls. They have screwed everything up since the very beginning, ordering thirteen windows instead of the fourteen. Their employee's have a defiant, arrogant attitude that sends the impression that they can treat you any way they want to and theirs nothing we the customer can do about it. They are very good at passing the buck onto someone else and sticking a pacifier in the customers mouth.

A call to the home office on October 21st. didn't accomplish anything either, same attitude and same passing the buck to someone else. They have to be trained that way because their is no way all of them them can be singing off the same page.

They think problem resolution is talking and passing the buck. They have got their last dime from me.

George Blankenship

Fayetteville, NC

@George Blankenship

Do not deal with Newport News Va store for roofing. The roofer used long nails that damaged our overhang on our craftsman style home.

We now have cracked wood with nails protruding out. We asked the roofer to use shorter nails but he said he was covered by the contract that it was the proper length nail. We called other roofers and they said they should have used shorter nails on the overhang. We called Owens Corning and they sent us an email stating that for craftsman style homes shorter nails should be used to not damage overhangs and the shingle would still be covered under their warranty.Lowe's will not shave down nails and correct the problem.

They will only come out and glue back cracked wood and paint nails if we sign a waiver. I have called Lowe's headquarters and they tell me someone will call to talk to me, but they always end up sending the same contractor that did the damage.I have asked for a fax number to Lowe's headquarters so that I can send them the pictures of the damaged roof and the letter from Owens Corning but to no avail.

They are rude and have no remorse for the damage they have done. Don't let the fact that they are a nationwide chain fool you into thinking that they care about the quality of their work or that they will correct any issues.I regret using them.

Lowes "customer service" department manager in hermitage Pa that I dealt with recently was HORRIBLE!!!!!!! RUDE AND MEAN!

I CANT BELIEVE LOWES WOULD HIRE THAT TYPE OF PERSON....ESPECIALLY CUSTOMER SERVICE??? NEVER AGAIN!

HOME DEPOT HERE I COME!!!

Ordered custom a blind (expensive blind) from the Shole Creek Lowes in Austin Texas in January 2013---still trying to get them.. of course they have my money and won't refund it.

7 months should be enough time. Don't bother complaining to the 1-800-44 LOWES they just log it tell you a manager will contact you in 2 days..

in 7 months they never have! I get a department employee..Don't know how they stay in business

I have recently made 2 orders on-line for items that were supposed to be delivered to the store for my pickup. Both times that I called customer service on the delivery date, I discovered that the items were not ever ordered by Lowes, causing me significant delays. They even admit to not ordering the items and neglecting to notify me.

What's the sense even ordering anything?

Basically, they suck. If they don't have it in the store, don't order it because they don't care about on line orders.

My stove stop working on June 24th, service came June 29th. Told us it would take 2 weeks for the parts to come in.

No one called us, so we called them and they told us the parts were in. Service man came and replaced the parts 7/16, and the stove still didn't work. Still waiting to hear from Lowes after many calls if they are going to fix or replace the unit. Worst c/s I have ever experienced in my life.

I am so frustrated I wrote a letter to the BBB.

We purchased a Samsung Steam dryer and an extended protection plan / Service Advantage plan. On 07/09/14 we reported the dryer was not drying .

After much haggling we eventually got a technician to come to check the dryer and in minutes he determined the heater had to be replaced . We were told it would take 3 working days to arrive . Today is 07/22/14 and we have had no call from Lowes .

When I called today I learnt that Lowe's cancelled our order and no heater has been ordered.

This is such poor management !

Ordered $10,300 in new cabinets, due 07/02/13. Now delayed until 07/17/13; unknown why.

Ordered new $1,600 KitchenAid range; They tried to deliver it with the side smashed in, warming tray bent and front glass falling out- offered me 15% off if I would accept it. I'm still waiting for a replacement range which currently looks like another two weeks of waiting added to the first 4 weeks. Ordered special dimmer switches for my lighting with two day shipping. They shipped in two days as promised, but the order was delayed in handling by four days; no reason given for the delay.

Ordered a new acrylic sink from the Lowes online store ATG. They showed the sink as available, but it wasn't and two weeks later I'm still waiting for my sink to ship. I just found out that ATG is nothing more than a call center; you call and they send your order to the manufacturer to be processed. They keep nothing in stock because they aren't a supplier with a warehouse.

I have started to shop at Home Depot since Lowes has continuously delayed the progression of my project and hasn't met a single promised delivery date; except the one where they delivered my check to their bank.

@funkster01

How many times does it take for you to learn your lesson. If after that many problems you are still ordering from them, I begin to wonder what your IQ is.

@funkster01

That is why you should be using a credit card. Until install and after if the install is not correct, and if they don't keep their word, the credit company will rip that money right back out of their checking. Now they have your money why should they do anything for you?

They are also in the business of harassing,degrading,and screwing their employees on a daily basis

I can't tell you how many problems we have had with Lowe's, we have been double billed twice on appliances, Bought a countertop that was supposed to be stain proof, waterproof etc, etc, cost a fortune, wasn't worth a ***, had the people here four times to re seal it, didn't work, gave up in the end.We made the decision to shop elsewhere from now on, we have had problems with Home Depot too, but they have made things right, Lowe's don't seem to give a *** .......

What is Mr. Rober Niblock's phone number?..I don't care if it is long distance..It would be nice to finally reach someone in the organization with even most minimal of communication skills.???

@J. Johnson

email him at robert.a.niblock@lowes.com

Customer care center number (800 number so its not long distance for anyone) is posted in 12" letters by exit doors. just incase you missed it while you stormed out of the store.

#841961
@bpearce

why should they have to call this number to start with? are you kidding me?

thanks for this information. I ordered shutters for 1 window and 1 double glass doors, took two months and after they installed the 1 window, they told me that there were 2 left doors instead of a right and left.

Took two more months, another day off, and when they this week to install the doors, they realized that the left door was the correct color but the right door was a totally different shade.

Now I'm fighting for my money back. Had the same type of issues with our appliances - No more Lowes for us (two different stores, both in Orange County)

lowe's sucks in the appliances they're selling.. :sigh :cry :(

Over $3,500 for new kitchen countertop, and what did I get?

6 weeks without a countertop, 3 installations, two sinks, four different sub-contracted companies, dozens of employees who don't know what they are talking about, installers who don't speak English, then lie to their boss about what happened, etc. etc. etc.

I am still without the sink in my countertop... DON"T SHOP AT LOWES IN HENDERSON NEVADA (Marks Street/Sunset)!

I've been given the roun-around for weeks. Lowe's response: "There are too many people with their hands in this prject." No *** - They are your hands! Your employees! Your contractors! Your sub-contractors! FIX THE PROBLEMS!

@Lowe's ***ks

same deal only mine was three months...........never again.

lowes does suck......

@bill

Lowes is a very good company there are very help full and no what there talking about. So all you people that say lowes sucks your wrong so shut the *** up about lowes.

@Kevin

Sorry but they do suck.

@Kevin

Guess you have gotten every thing you've needed but the rest of us have been duked.

up date on the above....the second vanity's new due date is June 13th. another three weeks.

call and leave a message for robert niblock and you'll get a response.

@not surprised

I emailed Mr Niblock it came back undeliverable

View more comments (27)

Don't order from Lowes.

Did a bath remodel and I ordered a vanity from Lowes. Came in wrong size. Had to re-order. Ordered another vanity, wrong vanity, again. Now it's the right size but with a dual sink. Never ordered a dual sink. My bathroom remodel was supposed to be done by April 15, and here it is May 23 and I'll have to wait another three weeks for another vanity. My bathroom remodel might get done in June. If Lowes manages to get it right this time around. Lowes' is the worst. Go anywhere but don't go to Lowe's.

Have had same issues. Also have purchased merchandise that had been resealed as new by the store even after it was returned and installed.

Was told that all items are inspected. I guess that's why all the hardware and glass was taken out of the doors I purchased as "new". The Lowes in Fort Walton Bch.

FL is the WORST. Go anywhere but Lowes!

I agree lowes it the worst at customer service. had a roof installed in dec and still leaks after three atempts by lowes to fix, now it is worse than ever.

had to get a lawyer and have another company install roof. now i am just begging for my money back.

basicaly they say so sue us. not a good company to work with and they will rob you blind.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Livingston, New Jersey - Pound Sand Return

I attempted to return an electric pressure washer to Lowes in Coeur d' Alene Idaho. I used the washer once (summer of 10'), tried to use it this week - non-op. Lowes customer service rep asked if I called the manufacturer - I said no. She then told me I should have purchased the service plan. No offer, no help - Just POUND SAND! I left the washer at Her counter. If She has offered even a token of a settlement I would have been OK with the treatment. I went to Costco and bought a replacement. Last applicance or power tool I buy from Lowes!

This is a prime example of a ***. He expects a token of credit?

Then has a tantrum and leaves his property on the desk. Real good.

You could have called the manf. This isnt 1970 anymore nor is it Mels hardware.

fearnofishy

I agree with the other comments. Sounds like you went in hot headed and would not even discuss the problem or ask for a supervisor.

My wife worked there as a supervisor and you would not believe how many times they went far beyond what they needed to simply to make the customer happy.

Moral of your story.. keep your cool and then ask for a supervisor. If you would have done this I am betting you would have walked out with a new power washer.

its under manufacturer warranty for a year, not lowes so dont blame lowes for not being able to help you. if you wanted them to help you should have purchased an extended protection plan through them, duh

what do you expect you bought it a year ago. It is not warrantied by Lowe's it is warrantied by the manufacturer.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - Would not service product under warranty

1Purchased a 24inch Premier gas stove on March 18,2011, from your Yuma AZ. store Had it installed, total cost $ 900.00 Installer could not set timer Told us to contact Lowes,They gave us the number of Premier who in turn sent us a new timer. Contacted the store numerous times for installation. Keep promising they would set up appointment for installation of timer. After all this time we are told they don't do that. They did that when it was purchased and had an installer come out and install it. What is the problem? M/ms Robert Chapman 928-726-1870-

Lowes in Issaquah, Washington - Lowe's return policy

I purchased a vacuum last night it was broken i went back and returned it but instead of just exchanging it right away they made me purchase the item again but the funds wont go back on to my card right away so after a half an hour of standing there listening to the manager talk about me and my credit card like i wasn't there as if she could not be bothered and then snapping at the only lady trying to help me like she was an *** so my card was declined due to the funds not being in there yet so i have a huge project today and need that vacuum so thanks lowe's for making a simple exchange in to a customer loosing event for your customer in fact im telling all i know to stop dealing with lowes . the customer service is a joke and i will be calling corporate tomorrow i want my vacuum

Why not do a simple exchange? If the purchased item will not work and you are taking the identical item why not just exchange?

This should be a no brainer on the part of the manager and the associate. No reason to loose a customer for something this ***.Make things easier for yourself and the consumer.

It amazes me how many complaints are on this website about this... haven't people ever returned something before?

Now if they were smart at working a register, they would have done it as cash in and cash out if it was the same item so I can see the complaint in those terms.

that is not lowe's problem that is a problem with your credit card company not doing an instant return of funds. It takes 3-5 days for the funds to return to your account that is what they tell you but it depends on what credit card company you have.

View more comments (2)

Idaho Falls Lowes

Went to make a quick purchase at the Idaho Falls Lowes. Clerk was rude and had overcharged for several items. When bringing it to her attention she became more aggressive and rude. Contacted Customer Service by email in regards to concerns. They were helpful and then forwarded to the local store. Assured that I would have someone contact me within 24 hours. Did not happen. Called back and found the manager claimed that he had sent an email, which was never received. Check both regular and safe boxes. Long and short of the story the local store never responded, never contacted me about the concerns. Spend a great deal of money at the store, however now I will go to Home Depot as if there is a problem you can at least have a manager talk to you. Lowes needs to retrain this particular employee in how to handle her attitude and how to deal with the public. Its unfortunate that they hire people like Ms. Attitude when there are many good people who need jobs. Lowes you lost my business for good. I will spend it where you know you will be treated with respect.

if you didnt receive the follow up as promised, why didn't you tell customer care that and they could have escalated the issue further?

...that you actually WERE overcharged and have yet to be refunded, and not just *** about some teenage girl's attitude. But you didn't specify so I'm skeptical

View more comments (1)