Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Des Plaines, Illinois - Lowe's Extended Service Warranty

I purchased a Troy Built snowblower in December 09 with the 3 year service plan for $99. It states on the brochure that I was given with my receipt, that if service is need "an in-home service appointment" can be scheduled. Ha! When I called the number on the brochure I was told my $599.00 snowblower was not covered. It only covers items over $899.00. Plus, pick and delivery of the snowblower to a repair shop is not covered. I live in Aurora, IL and they wanted me to haul this enormous snowblower to Westmont, IL. BTW - the location is Lowe's in Oswego, IL. I hope they are satisfied with the $700 they got out of me because I will never, ever buy so much as a nail at Lowe's again. I'm also telling all my friends, family and neighbors to never shop at Lowe's.
Honest4Sure

Joke's on you. "3-yr service plan" is year THREE only.

The mfr warranty is TWO years. If your snowblower is still within the first two years, bring it to the closest authorized Troy Bilt service center. You were had.

"Satisfied Lowes Shopper" sounds like the plan administrator. Your coverage in year three is exactly same as mfr.

It clearly states in the extended warranty brochure that in-home service is only available for products over $899. Lowe's still covers your purchase, but you will have to bring the snowblower into the store to get it repaired.

One hundred percent of the parts and labor will be covered. The reason the warranties at Lowe's are relatively inexpensive is because we don't offer in-home service on all products. If you were able to haul the snowblower home, you should be able to haul it back for repairs.

If you had not purchased a warranty, the price to get the snowblower fixed would have been outrageous. I would count your blessings.

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes didnt read the constitution

We just recieved a memo about posting things online such as you tube and twitter and the like. they can kiss my ***. freedom baby freedom. this is what there worried about instead of the slave treatment that they dole out everyday to there employees who are pounding the cement making there 15 billion profit possible. *** you lowes. each employee should unionize or start stealing. there return policy promotes it. rock on red vests. im so sick of hearing about the thousands ready to take my job. that just makes me work hard enough to not get fired. and you wont have to take my job you can have it. i can find another dead end job
Review
In the past 6 years I had 9 service calls for my fisher & paykel washer & dryer. As I look at postings on net I see these same complaints from many others. I do not understand why a recall has not been issued. The dryer bearings were replaced twice. The washer...

I have the same F and P washer and dryer. The washer once had a clogged diverter valve that I was able to clean out (thank God!) but the dryer had a few problems. The main drum bearing on the right (while looking at the machine) fails on early machines. The retro-fit is relatively easy to DIY. Next, the tensioner wheels bearings got really squeaky. I was able to go to the local hardware store and get some bronze bushings that were a tenth of a millimeter bigger. That fix lasted a year or so. The burner wouldn't light so I had to get a new igniter. Then the tensioner wheel bearings failed horribly. The actual aluminum wheel was all worn out to about 3-16 times the normal size. That was a call to F and P's parts center in LACA. I to the parts and a new belt and all is well. Most of the stuff that fails is pretty easy to just roll up your sleeves and DIY it. That said, I akin the F and P stuff to a Volkswagen: It sucks when it fails and it's a pain in the *** to fix, but when it's working as it should, there's nothing like it!!

Peace out.

DH

Review
I am a 100% DISABLED OFFICER WITH A SEVERE SPINAL CORD INJURY. MY 3MON. OLD 85LBS. DANBY 11K, $430.00 A/C unit SUDDENLY STARTED BANGING/SHAKING at 2 am. a BURNING SMELL DEVELOPED ! I UNPLUGGED IT. LOWES IN HOMESTEAD FL. RUDELY REFUSED ANY SPECIAL HELP LIFTING, MOVING,...

I work for lowes and we do special pick ups for customers that are unable to bring product back for people such as your self. usually we send our lowes delivery team out to pick up the unit for you and bring you out a new one.

the fact that it was purchased 3 months ago means its still within our 90 day return policy. Generally on merchandise purchased recently we can recieve credit from our vendors. I want to apologize to you for the way the store in florida is handeling your situation. it does not make sense to me.

If you have a reciept they shoud be able to take it back and swap it out for a new one for you.

I hope that sense you posted this they have been able to resolve your issue. Thank you for your servie sir.

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - United Flooring Hudson, FL

United Flooring gives terrible customer service and floor installation services. United flooring will lie to your face and give you the worst installation from Lowes subcontractors ever. United flooring scheduling from lack's ontime commitment's. Installers are less than professional. United Flooring does not keep installers accountable to industry standards. United flooring provides all floor covering installations for Lowes and covers Hillsborough and Pasco counties. Makes floor industry look very poor at best primarily for bad service. Why Lowes allows United flooring to install the flooring professionally is a question that only Lowes Installation services can answer. I highly recommend you do not use United Flooring.

just had install today by two of the most experience, AND, courteous united flooring installers. I couldn't have been more pleased with their demeanor,efficiency, work ethic.

I believe it was a father/son team and they worked quickly and left a neat work area when finished.

Its how they are treated as to how they treat you. Don't expect miracles just sincere and honest efforts

Lowe's in Enid, Oklahoma is much worse, bribing officials and inspectors, lying to OSHA for the many roof leaks leaving puddles all over their floor, and poor work environment. The managers are the worst that I have ever dealt with, and I have visited over 32 states as a construction contractor working with Lowe's. :zzz

Bingefox

You are getting what you paid for. Let me explain.

Bye going threw loews you are using a middle man. Not to be ignorant but common sense tells you that if a company is taking less money to perform a job there is a very good reason. If Loews is taking a cut then United has to pay their employees but taking something out of the pot.

(Wich is more than what they pay their employees)you are going to get a *** install. Go with a local service, not contrator who subs out the job.

View more comments (2)
Review
#220696 Review #220696 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - If this *** swears at my wife again I will beat his ***

My wife works at a lowes and her manager swears at her. She is afraid to lose her job if she complains because the others that have also have been fired. She busts her butt. She comes in early works on her days off help other departments and she has to deal with this *** talking like that to her. Stay Woody If I see you on the street I will beat the *** out of you. I promise. I have personally boycotted shopping there as a result of this practice of firing the good employees and hiring bad management. Demoralize me I dare you.

forget talking to HR and managent there. Call corporate office immediately and speak to the Regional HR. Then you will see something done

bigling97

Lowes HR Department, you are a ***. My mother taught me that if I have nothing relevant to say then to not say anything.

Apparently your mother was at the bar taking it in all 3 of her holes instead of teaching you a lifes lesson. So sorry you missed it but if you would like to get in line I can teach you a few lessons like how to stop excessive bleeding from your mouth.

Lowes HR. Take a good look in the mirror when you talk about inbreeding.

Lowes has collective destroyed more lives than the Nazi's did in WW2. You clearly are the Lowes SS department.

View more comments (2)
Review
#220306 Review #220306 is a subjective opinion of poster.
I went to Lowes to purchase and have a cliding glass patio door installed. The door was priced about right and the estimate including install was about $435. but somehow I ended up with a bill for over $1000. I called the store manager and have not heard back. It...

French door takes half a day for one man. $250 basic labor. Lowe's charges around $400 for just the labor, so there was some confusion on your quote...

Why are you aluminum wrapping if you installed a high quality door correctly to start with? Aluminum wrap is a sham sold by companies to make extra money and cover up their poor craftsmanship. It's not the 1960's, there are plenty of composite materials that are better and less expensive tham aluminum wrap.

I install doors all day, every day. That is how I can do most french doors by myself in half a day.

If you guys charge $800, that is $50/hr for each guy. At $50/hr those guys are overpaid if it takes them that long. I can always use a good helper, so when your business gets slow, $8/hr is better than nothing.

Review
#219272 Review #219272 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Augusta, Georgia - Kolbalt Toolbox! Self Destrution!

Yesterday my week old kolbalt Toolbox Fell over all by itself! These upright toolboxes are very dangerous! It is on level ground, and is not overloaded. It can hold up to 1000 lbs, Somehow, I guess on the ground with your tools all over the floor and the toolbox pieces everywhere! I hope lowes can help me with this. I need *** new toolbox. It is nothing but bent metal now! Im glad it didnt fall on a child they would be dead! I will let you know what lowes does about it. Im hoping for the best. Be careful!

Dude, this is not just Kobalt boxes that will turn over! Any up-right box can turn over if the drawers are left open and the box is moved or even bumped.

This is why you should always keep your drawers closed and locked whenever not in use, never allow children to play in or around boxes, and never move a box with locking and making sure drawers are secure before moving the box. You did not say if a wheel had given way so unless the box was over loaded it is unlikely that it will just fall over.

Remember safety starts with you and it is everyones business. Sorry to hear about your box but my Kobalt has lasted for years and I had never had that kind of problem.

Lowes GE Money Problems Problems

Lowes GE Money they are harrassing me after they closed my credit card I had a Lowes Card for 20 years. What is wrong with Lowes and GE Money Please help They Harrass and they have poor credit associates. What is the address for Lowes Corporate and Lowes GE Money. Lowes doesnot stand behind their products I had a washer that broke and broke wht is wrong with Lowes. Lowes credit said I was a good customer then they cut my account down with regards to credit line then tey sent a collector after me I mailed 4 payments they said they never got

After being with the company over ten years and never had a payment problem, two mistakes are made not by me but by lowes in not processing the payments in on time. They wait 72 hours or more to post them to the acct. I have always tried to make my payments in on time and this they way you treat good customers?

Sorry to hear you had an upleasant experience. We'd like to see if we can offer any assistance.

Please send your contact information/phone number to creditcardhelp@ge.com so we can have a specialist contact you directly. Please do not post or include your specific account number.

Thanks,

RCF Communications

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes in Shallotte, North Carolina - I'm A Lowe's Customer and want my rebate wahhh wahhhh wahhhhh

I was working at my register at Lowe's and a man comes in and says he wants his last day rebate for buying a bunch of *** insulation. Well,the rebate didn't print out as it was ENDED that day and another associate had to practically wipe his *** to get the rebate from the website for him. THEN he goes back to get more *** insulation so he can get his rebate again and a hundred dollar gift card for buying so much *** insulation. What kind of idiots are you guys that come into our store? Can't you come in without having issues to fix? You all make me want to vomit.

you know he's going to return all that stuff anyway when he gets his rebate back. happens all the time.

retailer4life, you are a ***.

He's also the customer that will be back at the service desk next week screaming as to why his rebate hasn't come in the mail yet.

ktownchris