Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes needs to follow their own policies.

They need to read their policy that they have displayed to the public. Installation within 72 hours with instock merchandise...I had to wait a week. Then they *** the old power cord and reuse it after knowing we would be installing the dishwasher at a rent house... :( They only offer for us to return to the store and pick up a power cord. No one at the store told us we would not have it installed and no one told us that they would reuse a 10 year old power cord. If the power cord fails and our home catches on fire...I'll be calling an attorney.
Lowes Installation

Lowes competence

I just tried to buy 3 brass fittings and 1 PVC fitting at your store in North Kingstown, RI. The plastic PVC fitting came up at $34.00 the real price was $.92. The cashier didn't notice the that the fitting was priced incorrectly which I find does not bode well for the customer. He then asked me to sign for them and I refused. He then said I had to sign and then get a refund and then get charged for the right price. In the case where Lowes is at fault I believe you should be able to correct an issue or any issue in an expeditious manner. When your North Kingstown store opened I complained about your lack of expertise. The manager agreed and said they were working on it. I took my business to Home Depot. Recently I tried Lowes for materials for a deck I'm building and was pleasantly surprised at the efficiency and expertise of your second shift lumber person. I bought nearly $2000.00 of materials. That was a few days ago. If I am to go to Lowes again I need to hear that my complaint has been acknowledged. I realize that I am a dot in the ocean but I must know if the little guys have some sort of recourse in these matters. Herb Taylor 73 Mark Drive North Kingstown, RI 401-886-4347 herbtylr@yahoo.com

Unfortunately that's just how the computer system works... returns can't be processed on the main registers, and once you swipe your card and approve the amount the cashiers can't cancel the transaction. The cashiers think it's just as inconvenient as you do, trust me.

That's just how the system is set up. The main registers can't process returns; only the customer service, commercial, and garden registers can.

Once you swipe your credit card and hit approve, the transaction can't be canceled and getting a refund/price adjustment is your only course of action.

If it really was just a small pricing error like that, you should have no problem getting it fixed at the customer service desk. It happens all the time, and the cashiers think it's just as inconvenient as you do--mostly because we have to listen to customers complain about it even though we can't fix it...

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes in Simpsonville, South Carolina - He could not give me an correct price from computer

went lowes this morning to get some things priced they started helping me then had to leave when got back this manger told me to go to that dept i have vein problem i really didnt want to walk to back when i told him that a guy had started helping me up here he said i would get true prices from back i slowly walk back there not being to happy about it when i got back there i had to ring for help he came right over took my list i told him i could not walk with him he said ok what really pissed me off is that mgr didnt want to help me no body else was in line this was at coustomer service desk he made me feel like he really didnt want to look up items if get a million dollars i want spend it at lowes cause they are bad to certin customers i also thought all they prices were in computer i guess i am just *** want say i want go back i will think twice before i do

Godbless you my friend

Svetlana22

I seriously doubt that a "manger" can even use a computer. It's an inanimate object. Silly.

Why is it, that people cannot spell, or express themselves in an intelligent manner when posting on this site. No wonder you have problems, when you go into Lowes, you cannot express yourselves.

I agree with the other comment. Also, why should a SELF-SERVICE store have to do everything for your lazy a@@? Quit being a *** and become self sufficient.

I would say from reading your comment, the manager couldn't understand a thing you were saying.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Denver, Colorado - Zero customer service

I called Lowes in Glenwood Springs two weeks ago about purchasing foam backed carpet. The first guy Kyle never called back. Matt SUPER friendly very helpful got me the answers I needed. I drove FOUR hours to purchase carpet that Matt told me they carried IN STOCK. Upon arrival Eddy the new guy told me "NO we dont carry anything like that." when I ask to see the foam backed carpet that I called about. SO naturally I asked someone else, Lisa. Lisa looked briefly and informed me that they were "out" of that carpet. I explained that I had spoken with Matt just a few days prior. NO, we are out. "Could you PLEASE check in the back, I KNOW you have this carpet. No, someone bought it. O.K. Matt said there were many different options to fill my need could you show me what other products." No, can't think of any. Great. I swear the employees just scattered when we approached them. I called the next morning. Spoke with the dept head, Tim. They DO HAVE the carpet I drove four hours to purchase. Took Tim two minutes to find it. It was "in the back, 'mislabeled'." Yeah right! "Pull this leg and it plays jingle bells!" I am VERY unhappy with my Lowe's experience.

Next time ask about placing an order over the phone so you can pick it up in the store later. That way you won't have to worry about anything selling out or being misplaced.

Also, if you think an employee is being unhelpful, ask to speak to the department or store manager. Tim the department manager, who is in charge of moving the products around, could very easily know where to find something a new employee wouldn't.

Review

Lowes false info from cashier and manager

I was going to purchase a CharBroil quantum Gas grill Saturday, June 12 and was told by a young lady at the register that I could get a free re fill and she asked her csm lady who was at the product pick up desk and the csm approved. I told her I did not have my tank with me to exchange so I told her I would bring in the tank Sunday to do the free refill exchange so she said ok. I came in with my tank for the exchange the following day Sunday morning and wanted to purchase the Quantum grill so I went to the register and it was a different young lady being another day and shift obvious, I explained to the cashier reason I brought the empty tank so I could get the free refill they had promised me from Saturday evening and they told me it would be no problem on Sunday. I was denied. I wasted my time and gas, I lugged a tank around for nothing. Sadly i should have gotten it in writing. I do not trust them anymore as the cashier who denied this deal i was promised by Lowes the day before showed pleasure in her denying me what was promised to me. Poor service, never returning and will spread the word to my friends and home owners.

The cashier should have rung you up for a free propane tank and marked it NL ( not loaded)so that when you went back to pick it up, all you had to do was show them your receipt.

Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Rockville, Maryland - Won't fix my refrigerator

i called lowes to get my ice maker fixed. I made an appt for Friday- on thursday night I got a call from the contractor saying "the technician"- I guess they only have one - wouldn't be available and they could put me on standby. I called lowes and was told they only had 2 contractors that could come out and the other one wouldn't be available until monday and I would have to weait at home from 8-5 because they don't make appointments in 4 hour time blocks. I then asked for a supervisor, waited 20 minutes on hold and was then told the supervisdor would call me back in 20 minutes. One hour later he still hadn't called so I called him. An appt was made for monday, on friday afternoon i got a call sayiong they couldn't make it on monday and would be out wednesday. I called lowes again for a supervisor and waitd 25 minutes on hold. When she finally got on the phine she said there was nothing she could do and the wednesday appt was the first thing they had to offer. POOR SERVI*Ce. i WILL NEVER BUY AN APPLIANCE FROM THEM AGAIN. i LIVE IN A LARGE METROPOLITAN AREA AND i CAN'T BELIEVE THERE ARE ONLY 2 COMPANIES THAT FIX REFRIGERATORS. I have the choice of many stores that sell appliances and Lowes has just lost a customer

its not lowes that fix the product.. we only sell them..

its the company.. whirlpool ge maytag samsung etc that only provide techs in the area..

lowes should have just gave you a new appliance but as far as the customer service you should have or should call 1800 44 lowes and report everyone you talked to.. hope things work out for you..

$2000

Do not buy carpet from Lowes, bad installers

I bought a new home and went to Lowes in Holmdel, NJ for many of the installations and purchases. First off the sales people on the floor told me I did not qualify to use a 10% coupon I had because I was buying a "custom order" product.I found out they were wrong and am battling to get a refund. Then the installers they sent to install my carpet were rude, installed seams poorly and hacked at the corners and along the moulding. (wished I could upload a picture here). When I complained I was told "too bad you ordered a white carpet seams never look right on those" and your moulding is interfering with the carpet laying right. Who are they kidding? I live in a development with 2000 homes in it, am I to believe everyone else is happy with carpeting looking chopped up along the moulding? Do yourself a favor and go to a local retailer who cares whether you are a happy customer or not and who hires and trains professionals rather than the 3rd party hacks Lowes contracts.
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Tyler, Texas - Employee stole my jacuzzi after I paid for it

I found a jacuzzi that someone had special ordered in Lowes in Jonesboro, AR, that was marked way down because the customer didn't take it after it came in. I decided to purchase the jacuzzi and asked a employee to help me get it to the checkout desk. The boy was nice and told me that was a great buy, but he could not move it by himself. He asked another employee to help him take it to the front for me. The second boy came over to help him and I heard him say he couldn't believe that jacuzzi had been marked down so much then he told the first employee for him to wait because that jacuzzi maybe already sold. He then got on the phone and I heard him telling the person he was talking to that there was a great buy on a jacuzzi just like the one they wanted. After I heard him say that, I said this jacuzzi is already sold because I'm buying it. When I said that he knew we could hear him talking so he left while still talking on the phone. The first guy told me that he couldn't do that because there wasn't a sold sign on it and he probably saw that is was a good buy and decided he wanted someone else to have it. He then found someone else to help him move the jacuzzi to the checkout desk for me. It had already been rain up and I had paid for it with my credit card when that boy came up and told the checkout clerk that I could not buy that jacuzzi because it was already sold. The checkout clerk then told me that she was sorry and would credit my credit card. I told her no that there was no sold sign on it and what had happened but she went ahead and credited my card and told me again she was sorry. I asked to speak to the manager so she got on the phone and called someone and told me it would be just a minute so I waited 35 mins and I never saw a manager. In the mean time the boy that wanted the jacuzzi had someone help him move it to the side and he placed a sold sign on it. I decided that I had waited long enough and would just go home and call the manager so I did. I did get to talk to the manager and tell him what happened and he said there was nothing he could do about it because the jacuzzi had a sold sign on it and was waiting on someone to pick it up. I even told him to check out the time that the transaction was made on my card when I paid for it and then check what time the other person had actually paid for it and he would find that I had already purchased it before the other person had actually come in to the store to pay for it. He just blew me off still saying there wasn't anything he could do about it. I will never buy anything else at Lowes!

i work at lowes and thats pretty messed up. You should have stood up for yourself a little more.

I wouldnt have left.

You should have told them what you overheard. Ive never run into that problem the 6 years i have worked customer service.

The Lowes in Jonesboro, AR

which Lowe's was this?

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager
i bought an apex neverkink hose from lowes last year, that has a lifetime warranty. when I brought it in to explain that the hose was leaking and that it was a manufacturer defect. the woman called the garden sales person. she came over looked at it and said that they...

I bought NeverKink 100 ft and the 50', at Lowes and both have kinked. They say they are not reponsible for backing up the lifetime guarantee, and to contact the manufacturer.

Evidently Lowes no longers honor warranties on their products. I am on a social media site for my neighborhood and the 13 neighborhoods surrounding ours, with Lowes less than a mile away,. I will be telling 13,000 people that this products is a sham, and Lowes doesn't back up their products.

Hope it was worth it Lowes and NeverKink. I am out $70.00 plus tax.

View more comments

Lowes in West Chester Township, Ohio - New Federal Law

LOWE'S BLOWES Heads up to all Contractors, Lowes has once again ended its Loyalty discount for Contractors. Get this, spoke to a store manager and inquired as to why the discount was removed while they are advertising 5% of to consumers on their card, I was told that it is a "New Federal Law" that was passed, and they can no longer give a discount to contractors? Are you kidding me? I suppose they think we will actually believe that line. So not only are they not loyal to their customers, big surprise, they lie. I feel sorry for the guys that work the Contractor's desk and make their living sell 2x4's and the like. Sorry Lowe's there are other stores that must be violating the "New Federal Law" as we still receive our discounts there. Hmmm. And then there was that big button the manager had pinned to his red vest trumpeting the 5% discount? Truly Yours Pogue Muh Ho-in

Here ya go guys. I'm not sure where the info is coming from but here ya go.

#1: Consumers get a 5% discount when they use their Lowes card.

#2: Contractors get 5% disount + deliveries for $20 + QSP for $2500 OR more(QSP stands for Quote Support Program). This typically takes about 5 minutes to get an answer. In reality, it usually takes just a few seconds. The extra time is for plugging in the info. I've only had one take longer than 2 seconds and it was a $50,000 wiring order.

#3: GSA: This is for government programs(schools, etc.) and is an ADDITIONAL 2% above and beyond the 5% for having a Lowes business account.

The discounts: What is really happening here is that Lowes does not have to pay Discover, AMEX, Visa, or Mastercard when you use any type of Lowes credit card. The savings is passed directly on to the customer.

In the world of business...there are contracts. One contract Lowe's has is with the government "GSA" which is only a measly 2% unlike the Lowe's Consumer cards and now Lowe's Business cards that offer a 5% discount ALL THE TIME!

There is also a QSP (quantity sale price) that you can ask for...that's right, A DISCOUNT for large purchases ($2500+)if you have the patience to wait for the discount offer to come back. If no patience, no discount.

With all the ranting and raving about discounts and displeasure with policies...Let's go back to what it really takes to get good service...Wake up call EVERYONE....It's called being nice! Taking the time to know the people you shop from and not taking advantage of the fact they make close to minimum wage to help YOU...That's right...Treat people how you want to be treated and the discounts will magically appear from employees grateful that you called them by their name(as appearing on the lil red vests) instead of "Hey YOU." ;)

im tired of people who want discounts just because they "spend thousands of dollars in the store". when i ask for discounts when im out shopping other places i dont get them so why should we give them out.

the very first thing out of a customers mouth is " do i get a discount or can i get it cheaper?

no you cheap a@#. dont get me started on returns!!!

Its never been a company program.. Just stores doing their own thing...

I quit buying from our local Lowes stores years ago. My father, who has built well over 200 homes in his life, and resembles a narley old builder, would always get discounts.

But, I guess I don't fit the profile. No matter if it's loads of lumber, drywll and doors, or multiple 5 gal. buckets of paint, for some reason they just would never give a 35 year old female any discount without a silly coupon. Contractor or not, bulk major purchase or not.

Maybe if I let my pit hair grow and wore a muscle shirt I'd have better luck. BTW, neither of us have their credit cards.

Dad has never needed one to get discounts and I have never wanted one.... Too much plastic in this world.

@female ***tractor

First off I dont think yer daddddy was the type to rant about it online..and he was prolly older than you when he started getting those discounts...maybe his purchases were bigger than yours(size matters) or , maybe he had a reputation, or maybe he was a big *** and they gave him discounts just so hed shut up, so maybe you should try that too

So, a continuing faltering economy, one that is driven by housing, elimination of solid customers to allow the Federal Government to dictate your business policy, hope that works out for you.

The discounts are passing onto our customers, who see the purchase origin of the products used, who in turn boast about the beautiful this or that they have had completed will now bear your competitions name.

We know police is not written at the store level. We have been in business long enough to know how to treat good customers, and by good I do not mean those who simply spend the most money, but pass by our competition without looking at any one else to shop with us, because we have earned their loyalty. Lowe’s, like all other corporations appear to be driven by greed, too much is not enough, call us when you realize your mistake, we’ll watch you die a slow death like the big Green HQ, Sears, K-Mart…

Truly Yours

Pogue Muh Ho-in

I currently work at Lowe's, and I'm sorry to say that the story is true, not a lie... and trust me, we as employees are just as upset about it as you are. The "federal law" bit comes in because Lowe's recently became a "GSA" seller, which means that we give the feds a discount, and you know the federal government, they want to have their hands on everything so they mandate how we can give discounts to everyone else as well.

I have always felt it was a great idea to offer the discount to contractors and installers, but it was never an official Lowe's policy and stores did it at their own discretion. With the new "GSA" stuff coming into play corporate decided to try their own version of the commercial discount, letting some stores offer one discount version, while having other stores give another version and seeing which does best. We are under strict orders and watched VERY carefully to not give the old discount like we used to... and it's frustrating to us to not be able to show our appreciation in the same way any more. I'm sure you can think of how many commercial and installer customers each store has, and how many times we had to tell everyone that we were taking away something from them... and how many people we had that were rightfully upset, and there was literally nothing we could do for them... just try to see that part from our side for a minute.

I apologize for ranting a bit, but I just wanted to explain that it's not that the stores don't like you, it's a *** decision that corporate made in the name of market research and the employees at store level literally have our hands tied.

As per the 5%, that is another experimental promotion that they did with the consumer card. I hope that their "testing" with the commercial card gets done soon so we can once again offer you guys the service you've come to expect from us, and the service we wish we could give.

View more comments (7)