Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I went to Lowes and ordered carpet 3-19-11. I was given a date it would come in. Everything went according to plan. Once the carpet came in the installer called me to set up a date and time. We agreed on 3-30-11. He said he would be there a little after 8. I told him I...
What happened?

I had a carpet installation gone wrong too. hey hire subcontractors, so an issue can become sticky.

I ended up getting a refund for the botched portion, but that was after I made a lot of noise. They tried to ignore the situation away, but I persisted because I knew I was in the right.

Loss
I purchased the Troy Built power washer in March of 2010 and used it a few times. This past month when I took it back out of the garage to use it there was no water coming out when I hooked it up to the hose. I didn't think it would be an issue because I had both a...

I have the same problem Lowes would not take care after only

Having it less than 2months the dam thing won't start when

You ready to use it it is apiece of ***

Lowes in Somerville, Tennessee - Lowe's/GE Bank lost instore cash payments

Cash payments made instore to Lowe's on Lowe's>GEBank card. Clerk did not give receipts. My local Bank info provided to Lowe's Store and to GEBank by phone. Did not get resolved/forced to pay late charges and service charges. Local Bank failed/FDIC sale to another bank in following year. Info provided again while bank records available. GE Bank did not process information. Will never use GEBank again. At seniors meeting--found two other people had same problem with GEBANK--one at Lowe's and one at Amazon.com--GE Bank handle Amazon.com instore accounts. Beware of GE Bank.

Always get a cash receipt. Everyone knows that.

The same thing happened to friend of mine. Bank and Lowe's lost payments or posted to someone else's account.

He could not get resolution--2 lost $20 payments cost him almost $l80.00--payments never found.

GE Money Bank operates with no professional ethics. TN Belle

View more comments (1)
Review
#231934 Review #231934 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ok I just received a letter stating that Lowes is closing my acct because of past credit history with others, hello *** they why give me a card to begin with! I have also paid you people twice fully well before all the interests accrued????? Is this legal!!?? Yes i...

Lowes has nothing to do with this....you need to be mad a GE

Review
Purchased a refrigerator from Lowes on Thursday for Saturday delivery. They would not commit to a delivery time. They finally called on Saturday at 9 am and said they would be there in 10 minutes. The delivery people left and as we unpacked the refrigerator we...

The saw we use to cut wood is not made to cut 4x4s .They will not fit into the saw. My question to you is why would you go to buy something you know will not fit into your car??

Yes...we are filled with power tools..for sale!!

And wth does this post have to do with the original post? ***.

Review
I Purchaed carpet and tile from Lowes and paid it off. About 6 to 9 months later they sent me a bill for $100. I sent the bill back and explained they had a clerical error. They kept sending me bills increasing the amount that they claimed I owed. I refused to pay...
jo69guy

You are dealing with GE Money Bank, who handles the Lowe's credit cards. They seem to be notorious for losing payments and payoffs.

Review

Lowes in Cleveland, Ohio - No military discount...

... what's with those disgruntled customers who are complaining about no military discount? You didn't earn it, it was simply a chain wide perk that they've deemed not fair to those who hadn't served. Rather, they have extended lower prices to ALL of their customers. While Lowe's and Home Depot do offer 10% off to all veterans, I, as a military retiree, will travel the 80 miles to the nearest Menards rather than shop locally at the other two builder's stores here in NE Ohio for Menard's better prices w/o a discount. Just a note, no merchant "owes" anyone anything, especially a vet. I didn't serve to get a discount. I earned my commissary and exchange privileges. If someone sees fit to give me a discount, I'll be greatful but it isn't a condition that I expect! But... I guess some are more mercenary than others.

I too am a vet I went too Lowes today to purchase soome lumber. When I mentioned a Military discount the cashier told me we only give it too active and reserve's and retired.

Thats fine the rest of the Vets don't count. But it is amazing how they can sponsor a multi-million dollar race team, close stores in the North EAST.I will no longer purchase another item at Lowes.Bye Lowes

Wow, you sound just like the total skank who works at menards where I live . .

. who when I asked if you offer a military discount gave me the same load of pukey *** . . .

"I served but didnt do it for a discount". Talk about disrespectful and ignorant. First, Menards in my opinion blows when it comes to customer service, second . .

. I served this country and yes, people and businesses do owe me a debt for my service and sacrifice. Sorry tard-*** . .

. . I moved 8 times in 20 years, watched my stuff get broken and destroyed each time, could never gain any equity in a home and lived in some of the worst places on the planet . .

. so *** and grow up . . .

all large companies operating in the US owe veterans for their service and sacrifice and should offer a discount as a way to thank them every single day for the wonderful and secure environment they do free business in . . . .

your post is total BS . . . and you should be ashamed trying to plug menards as some shining example of a business .

. .thats laughable !!!

NcoClub

While I am a vet and totally agree with you, Home Depot and Lowe's no longer give the same military discounts that they were offering. They were never ment to be "Veteran" discounts, only for active duty personnel and only on Veteran's Day now.

View more comments (2)

Donot buy Appliances from Lowes

I bought a washer and dryer back in August 2010 . It was whirlpool , costed me $2000.00(for both) . For whatever reason , both has started acting wired on me , giving me lot of problem . This problem has begun in month of december . Since , its still under 1 year of warranty , i called the store where i bought my appliances which is in Livermore CA , they gave me direct number to Lowes service advantage , called them up , they make service appointment , a guy named Brian came at first time came , he didnot even spend 15 minutes and he said there isnothing wrong with Washer and dryer . Problem happened again (it was in and out problem ), i called lowes again ,they schedule 2nd service , the other guy came in and said there lowes didnot installed the dryer correctly and thats why i am having this problem to begin with , i asked him to add this in his notes and he said i cannot recreate the notes , just call lowes and tell them . I called again , this is now 3rd time going through all the pain , hold - they reschedule the service where they give this to the 1st techinican whose name is Brian , he didnot even came to my place and called me on his way and said there is nothing wrong with the Dryer . He didnot even see the problem ,i called customer service this time (which was 2nd time ) and the supervisor told me that he will call the store directly and try to see if he resolve it . Well. my thing is WHY store cannot help us at the first place , when we go to buy things , they provide Excellent service but when it comes down to solve the problems - You need to go through alll the hassel in the world . My problem still has not fixed and also i am out of Money for nothing just pain . I will not buy anything from Lowes in my entire life until they take care of the problem . ARTI SHARMA -MUDITA1985@GMAIL.COM

I totally agree , BUYERS - BEAWARE . I will never ever give my business to LOWES and Whirlpool in future .

I purchased three Whirlpool Duet washers. One for my home, two for my spa.

The first one at my spa wore out in three years. The repairman said the barrings wore out. I went back to Lowes and the salesman said I just had bad luck because this model of machine was designed to be a "workhourse" so I bought another one. Well the second machine has now lasted just 4 years too.

I now have seen other reviews where other people are haveing the same problem with the Whirlpool Duet washer.

I have now have to buy another washer. I am upset with Whirlpool.Buyer beware!!

its true you guys are acting ***... stuff happens get over it..

buy the warranty and you would not have to worry stop being cheap and spend the money to protect yourself.. lowes stinks anyway buy from an all american company like sears that has been around forever

My washer is now working again. It turns out a rug with a rubber backing was washed and some of the rubber pieces clogged the filter so that water cannot drain properly.

I'd like to thank Amy at Whirlpool and Tracey at Lowes corporate for calling A & E on our behalf to ensure a repairman showed up today.

Since the problem was not a defect of the equipment, I would have had to pay $140 for the service, but Whirlpool picked up the tab. Whirlpool has earned a lifelong customer and advocate of their products.

I will still shop at Lowes going forward because I like their stores better than the competitors in our area, but I will never use Lowes SA to schedule service. Going forward, I will contact the manufacture directly.

It's a simple fix. If the customer is having this much problem getting their washer fixed, I would have simply swapped the washer with another one and dealt with the manufacture as the store has more time to do that than the customer.

My wife and I also purchased a Whirlpool washer from Lowes in December, 2010 (Michigan). The washer completely died a few days ago.

We contacted Lowes SA and set up an appointment with A & E Factory for 4/27. They were suppose to show up between 1PM EST and 5 PM EST. At 3:30 PM, nobody had contacted us so we called Lowes SA. A gal named Cheryl told us they had the wrong phone number and could not contact us eventhough my phone number was in the email confirmation Lowes SA sent me.

Cheryl contacted A & E and let us know someone would be at our house in 20 minutes. At 5 PM, I called back. This time, the Lowes operator hung up on me. At 5:05 I reached someone name April.

April contacted A & E again and said someone would be dispatched in 20 minutes. At about 6:30 PM, my wife called again. Erika put my wife on hold for ever. We finally had to hang up.

We finally got ahold of Wayne who again contacted A & E on our behalf. Wayne called us back around 8 PM and said the next available appointment is 5/5. Today is 4/27. I have 10 kids at home.

I cannot tell you how desparate we our to have our washer working. My wife asked Wayne if we can have the phone number to A & E. We contacted A & E and they set up an appointment for tomorrow. Why did Lowes SA give us such a run around.

I am 48 and have never had such *** poor service. It is very unlikely I will ever purchase Whirlpool again - the washer simply should not have died in 4 months. With that said, I have had other Whirlpool products that have functioned fine (e.g. my current dryer).

Even if I purchase Whirlpool again, I will never set foot in another Lowes store again.

I did send an email to Kyle at Whirlpool. Assuming A & E shows up tomorrow, I will not need his help, but I am curious to see if he will even read the email.

uh, usmcdeathcard, HOW did the unfortunate circumstances with this washer and dryer become a Republican party issue? Yikes!!!

You people need to understand that the product is warrantied through the MANUFACTURER NOT Lowe's!!! Get your LAZY AXELS on the phone and call the manufacturer... hold them accountable Lowe's is the middle man DUMMY!!

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your Whirlpool washer.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via Facebook (Whirlpool) or Twitter (Whirlpoolcare). Or contact us directly via e-mail NAR_Customer_Solutions@Whirlpool.com.

Its foolish to buy from Lowes, even Sears. Plenty of "local" businesses will meet or come in below the price of these "big box" stores AND the service is impeccable compared to the bb stores, as you have found out.

Another reason people buy is the "credit" they receive through these BB stores but then your really stuck.

Its a shame what this country has come to. Corporations have sold us out and the Republican Party in Washington helps them along taking the lobby money to bend all the rules for them.

View more comments (9)
$2000

Lowes in Morristown, New Jersey - I paid for a screen door and never got it and didn't recieve my money back

I went to the south charlest lowes and paid for a screen door but I did not pay for the installation I called the main company and he told me that I could get my money back but I never recieved the call back from the salesperson about that and I never recieved my money back I can't find the receipt for it now but they should have it in the system because i paid with a credit card or i can call the bank and just get the transaction number but you would think that they would be more considerate of the to the customer when it was my hard earned money and I would like a refund.

Yes, sounds like another customer never wanting to take responsibility for keeping track of their purchases. How about you call your credit card company and find out what day you purchased the product.

Then along with your credit card number and your purchase date, they could look up your receipt.

But heavan forbid that you do any legwork whatsoever and not rely on the store to do everything for you. So typical.

Review
i got rid of a washing machine as it started to leak.i bought a brand new washing machine from lowes.the delivery guys,farrell & jim, hooked up the hoses, pushed the machine back, talked a lot and left.they never checked the hoses or to see if it drained properly. when...

They just flooded our home today as well, also with a washer installation. They also installed a dryer improperly last year and it overheats.

I'm glad they didn't burn the house down. This is two SEPARATE Lexington, KY Lowe's.