Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Issaquah, Washington - Lowe's return policy

I purchased a vacuum last night it was broken i went back and returned it but instead of just exchanging it right away they made me purchase the item again but the funds wont go back on to my card right away so after a half an hour of standing there listening to the manager talk about me and my credit card like i wasn't there as if she could not be bothered and then snapping at the only lady trying to help me like she was an *** so my card was declined due to the funds not being in there yet so i have a huge project today and need that vacuum so thanks lowe's for making a simple exchange in to a customer loosing event for your customer in fact im telling all i know to stop dealing with lowes . the customer service is a joke and i will be calling corporate tomorrow i want my vacuum

Why not do a simple exchange? If the purchased item will not work and you are taking the identical item why not just exchange?

This should be a no brainer on the part of the manager and the associate. No reason to loose a customer for something this ***.Make things easier for yourself and the consumer.

It amazes me how many complaints are on this website about this... haven't people ever returned something before?

Now if they were smart at working a register, they would have done it as cash in and cash out if it was the same item so I can see the complaint in those terms.

that is not lowe's problem that is a problem with your credit card company not doing an instant return of funds. It takes 3-5 days for the funds to return to your account that is what they tell you but it depends on what credit card company you have.

View more comments (2)
Service
Lowes Manager

Idaho Falls Lowes

Went to make a quick purchase at the Idaho Falls Lowes. Clerk was rude and had overcharged for several items. When bringing it to her attention she became more aggressive and rude. Contacted Customer Service by email in regards to concerns. They were helpful and then forwarded to the local store. Assured that I would have someone contact me within 24 hours. Did not happen. Called back and found the manager claimed that he had sent an email, which was never received. Check both regular and safe boxes. Long and short of the story the local store never responded, never contacted me about the concerns. Spend a great deal of money at the store, however now I will go to Home Depot as if there is a problem you can at least have a manager talk to you. Lowes needs to retrain this particular employee in how to handle her attitude and how to deal with the public. Its unfortunate that they hire people like Ms. Attitude when there are many good people who need jobs. Lowes you lost my business for good. I will spend it where you know you will be treated with respect.

if you didnt receive the follow up as promised, why didn't you tell customer care that and they could have escalated the issue further?

...that you actually WERE overcharged and have yet to be refunded, and not just *** about some teenage girl's attitude. But you didn't specify so I'm skeptical

View more comments (1)

Lowes.com: Confirm Before you Click

Make sure that you confirm the availability of items at Lowes.com, online information is not accurate. When it comes to emergency appliance purchases, one doesn't typically want to wait 2 wks to receive their item. If an item is listed as in stock at Lowes.com, it may not really be readily avaialble, but once you realize that, you have already incurred charges on your credit card. My recent purchase cost me an additional $400 and the 3-ring circus I went through to get everything cleared, was maddening. Read my full review here: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8027217/consumer_warning_lowescom.html?cat=2

Making major purchases online is just an artard move anyways, unless you're getting a ridiculous discount. If you shop at a store, you'll have someone you can talk to in person that can be held accountable.

Buy online, and you'll spend your time chatting on the phone with people between either jobs or languages. Either way, your odds of getting what you want are slim.

Lowes in Youngstown, Ohio - Lowe's

I recently posted a complaint about Lowe's management and their attitude when I purchased a riding lawn mower. I am please to announce that not only were things resolved but the district manager agreed to sell me a self-propelled mower that sold for $269.00 for $ 134.50 to soothe the ruffled feathers for compensation for the aggravation caused by the store's management team. I wrote to the district manager that if the store assistant manager had asked me instead of brushing me aside, I would have settled for 4 quarts of lawn mower oil, a spare spark plug and a spare air filter. But because the manager and assistant manager had attitudes, I said the *** with it. Also, I only used the new riding mower for a total of LESS than 2 hours when it developed engine problems. I have used mowers over the years with Briggs-Stranton engines and never had any problems. I called and talked to the saleman and told him my problem. He put in for an emergency exchange and arranged to have a new riding mower delivered the next day with the assistant manager's blessing. The new one is working like a charm. I guess it does pay to talk to corporate and they get in touch with the district manager and alls well that ends well.

Valspar Paint from Lowes

-painted a bathroom with Valspar, "Farmers Market",Allen and Roth, ar225 over 4 weeks ago and it will not dry. I applied a primer over the wall paper, let it dry and then applied one coat of valspar, waited 24 hours and applied another coat. I just remains tacky to the touch, I have tried running a fan and then a heater and fan but it didn't make any difference. In 2 other rooms I applied primer over wallpaper but used a different brand of paint and it looks beautiful. The Valspar that I used supposedly has a primer already built in. Ã…nyway, will never use this stuff again. I have been painting for over 40 years using a variety of brands and never had this happen. Now what do I do?? If I wipe the wall with a wet cloth the paint comes off onto the cloth. Someone suggested repainting over this stuff with a semi-gloss latex as that may work. I had used an eggshell valspar latex. Lou

Mayb u should removed wallpaper? Just mayb?

I painted our bathroom with Valspar just over a year ago, and it is still tacky to the touch. Every time the kids shower, the walls get wet and stay that way for at least 8 hours, even with the exhaust fan and AC going.

I'm just now painting over it with primer and then recoating with a Sherwin Williams paint. I will not use Valspar again.

Very very dissatisfied and threw it out and went back to Ben Moore!

Valspar is the best

I too painted my bathroom 4 weeks ago using Valspar Interior Kitchen & Bath Enamel and it is still tacky to the touch. The bathroom was not used for over a week after it was painted while I did other remodeling work in there.

Tonight I felt it again but it is still tacky to the touch. I have used Valspar products for a long time just not this type of paint.

Think I will go back to Benjamin Moore. The bathroom will not be used again for another 6 weeks for showering since that bathroom is not used except when I have company so we will see how long it takes to dry without any additional moisture/humidity.

Is anyone interested in beginning a class action lawsuit for damages incurred for paint not drying?

We painted our bathroom in May with Valspar "Ultra Premium, Interior Kitchen and Bath Enamel". Waited 3 days to put on 2nd coat since it was still tacky/not dry after the recommended 30-60 minutes to dry as stated on the can.

We then went on vacation for a week, came back and it was still wet. It is now the middle of August and it is still wet. I called Valspar and spoke to a VERY rude and argumentative girl. She said I would have to remove the paint from the wall at our own expense.

Incidently, the paint drips on the outside of the can are also still wet. Clearly a defective paint.

painting over sound wallpaper is perfectly fine( meaning wall paper is not peeling) the use of an oil based primer is always recommended for this application. If top coat color was a deep color, primer could have been tinted to a neutral gray to give best coverage and hide results. If paint was subjected to moisture prior to it curing ( running shower with little ventilation) this could have also contributed to it still being tacky also over application is always a common mistake

Same experience w/ Valspar 7 yrs ago. I painted over primed sheetrock.

It was tacky and smelled wet for 3 yrs. Couldn't use the room. Their rep looked at it and said he didn't have a sense of smell so couldn't tell. And the refusal to dry?

He said I should expect that w/ the color I chose. He offered me another 2 cans of Valspar paint. I refused. A professional painter said it was a problem w/ their base they tinted and every paint co knows when this happens.

Just that Lowes didn't make it right. It took 3 summers of windows open for the smell to finally dissipate. Now I only purchase paint from a paint store. This problem is uncommon, but when it does occur the homeowner is really stuck with a mess.

And professionals know exactly what it is.

A responsible company would apologize, bring in a crew to remove it and then reapply w/ non-defective paint. But not Lowes/Valspar.

I can't imagine why the paint would not dry as you state. I have used Valspar and never had a problem.

Who advised you to paint over wall paper?

They gave you bad advise. Never paint over wall paper.

View more comments (9)

Lowes in Rock Hill, South Carolina - Lowe's excessive interest rates

I have been a loyal customer of Lowe's for more many years. However, that ended today. I was charged $442.22 interest on a balance of some $1600 and on a deferred pay plan from 2010. Lowe's customer services did not even bother to call me to inform me of this looming interest charge. Lowe's now charges an interest a rate of 24.99% to their "preferred" card holders, much higher than any store savings one may think he or she is getting. Their customer service is not user friendly nor customer friendly. When calling their "800" number to credit services, I had to listen to their spill for 10 minutes, unrelated to my issue, before I spoke with a real person (who was also arrogant). "Lowe's" now stands for how "lowe" can you go in customer service and appreciation.

I painted a bathroom with Valspar bathroom paint and what junk. The paint peeled off.

When I went to Lowes to complain they could have cared less. Gave me more excuses than you can imagine. Then the called Valspar and they had the same response.

It's was quite remarkable their lack of customer satisfaction. Benjamin Moore is always the way to go.

Just got stuck by lowes on the excessive interest. I received a deferred interest rate if paid off in time.

I made double payments and told them to pay off deferred account. lAST BILL I GOT STATED i NEED TO pay 587.00 or was going to get charged 188.00 interest on deferred account. When I call I got some girl that could not even speak english. I called back and got one that was not much better, but did make here understand my problem.

Her statement was that I should have called every month and told them how to credit my bill. Did find out that GE bank is handling the accounts. Lowes, when you sleep with a dog, you will get fleas. I paid off my account and Lowes is history.

I would advise anyone to shop elsewere. Gary Allen

jo69guy

You are dealing with GE Money Bank, who issue and regulate the Lowe's credit cards. If you had a deferred interest plan, if you didn't pay off the balance in the specified time frame, you were then charged interest from the date of purchase.

Most people don't understand that. They have no obligation to warn you your "promotional period" is ending.

You were given that information when you made the purchase. I hope this helps.

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes worst for returns

Lowes has blocked my Dr lic for too many returns....the only problem is....I've returned items maybe once or twice in a few years. I told the manager I've spent thousands of $ at his store and he just laughed and said he has contractors that complain all the time.....he didn't seem concerned. He said he had absolutely no way to override the system. I told him I would not shop at Lowes any longer and he was OK with that. With the economy as it is....you would think they would focus on customer service. I had planned to spend much more than the amount that I would have gotten on the one little return. I called the 1-800 number to see why I was blocked and they have a recording saying to leave your info and they will get back with you in 2 business days. Again....great customer service???

We have customers who bring in items in the Home Depot bag, with a Home depot label on it and tell us they got it at Lowe's. I told one customer that we didn't even sell what he swears he got here and he told me that he was going to ram that item in one of my orafices.

I called security and they made him leave.

Even with the wrong receipt, wrong bag and wrong company, I was still an *** and he was never going to shop with us again. GREAT, who wants to put up with hat again any way.

I work at the returns desk. Someone is probably using a fake ID for returns with ur info. Hope you have never lost ur purse/wallet.

Dema is right, so listen to her. Another thing, my brother works for Lowe's and he so many customers get mad and yell at him about how they spend thousands of dollars there in whatever time frame.

IT DOESN'T MATTER. The computer can NOT be overridden according to him.

somethings off there either you're lying or the system isn't working correcting because I've had customers do returns like that multiple times and it take a good number of times and amounts of store credit before you would get denied You have to understand as well that its not a lie when we tell you our system won't let us override something, we literally cannot do the return unless it goes through and if its blocking you dr lic it absolutly will not go through.

I reccomend that you either hold onto your receipts, or put your purchases on a credit card. That way if you loose your receipt the returns cashier can scan your credit card and it will automatically be put back on that card. Good Luck.

View more comments (4)
Review

Lowes in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Ordered toilet for install, now a month and not installed yet

I ordered and payed for a toilet 4/18 and was told it would be ready 5/2/11. Somebody called me to tell me the toilet was ready only to call later that only part of the toilet was ready. Since then I am getting excuses every time I call and yet my card has been charged and I have made first payment on the balance. Today I called and I am told the part might arrive at night but they don't know if installer is available tomorrow. With all the inconvenience, I would think they would treat my case with priority. This company needs to do better if it wants to keep customers. Customer service seems to be very poor and people don't know what they are doing. I am really unhappy with this situation.

It is actually 40% and although they claim to use "Licensed" contractors - flooring installers, handymen and delivery guys actually do most of the installs. The "licensed" guys are in the background to clean up the mess these yahoos make.

Anything from incorrect installation, to code violations, to hooking up LP to natural gas. You name it! On occasion you may get an actual plumber installing your toilet, faucet, or dishwashwer but that is the exception - NOT the rule. Buyer beware!!!

You def. get what you pay for when you use Lowe's Installers.

listen, i used to sell cabinets for lowes. IF ANYBODY BUYS AN INSTALL of these cabinets from lowes they are idiots you pay more for the installation of a cabinet then you do the *** cabinet. And lowes makes roughly a 70% profit on every install they pay the installer garbage and pocket the REST!!!!!!!!!!!

View more comments (1)

LOWES don't order from Lowes

Lowes.com is the worst store to deal with. I ordered a $4O0.00 Built in Coffee Maker.Don't buy anything there. I never got my item and they dont know or care. They finally called to tell me to pick up the product and when I got to the store, it was never there. Save time, go to Home Depot or anywhere -- don't order from Lowes. I wonder how the Coffee Maker would have been. I ordered lots of merchandise for my new kitchen and had great experience with Sears, Amazon, Express Decor etc. Lowes was my only disappointment.
Review

Lowes in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Refusal of cashier to give the 10% per your policy

I bought an air conditioner and motor from you with proof that another store had the same one at a cheaper price. The department head was nice, authorized the discount, when I took it to the cashier, she was haughty, and refused to give me the 10%, After some argument, pointing out the sign on the wall, and the print on the receipt, I finally got it. I this standard?, what gives? Is the policy just lip service? I appreciate the the discount, but I would like to get it without the hassle at the cashiers station. Thank you for your attention.

Have you ever thought of asking to speak to the manager. A problem will often be fixed on the spot (and more then likely gotten you a deeper discount) and the manager would have known that the casheir was not holding to policie. Complaining on a forum will only vent anger but not fix the problem.

@comen sense

There is no managers. You have to phone Pakistani for satisfaction and 3 hours on hold and then they hang up on your sorry ***. Lols

I just realized my last comment was COMPLETELY REEETARDED.

Also in regards to Emily, Lowe's is the only one that actually matches the price and gives you 10% off that list price, whereas BestBuy and most other retailers only give 10% of the DIFFERENCE as the discount.

Contact the Federal Trade Commission and file a complaint about false advertising. Complaints can be filed online at www.ftc.gov. You won't get a response right away but the more people who file the better record they'll have to file charges.

I've found this little discount to be a sham. Lowe's and Best Buy both guarantee lowest prices and price matching, but I've found that to be the biggest hassle ever.

Lowe's went round and round with me and finally gave me 10%.

Best Buy flat out refused. I had proof of a lower price on a washer and dryer, and they told me they had never sold that washer and dryer for that low and never would.

View more comments (5)