Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

This is lack of installers from Lowes!

I purchased a dishwasher on line and called to make sure it would be installed. I was told they would and they came the next day with the new dishwasher. I then found out they were not going to install it as I did not purchase in the store and sign a contract. That was not told to me. After numerous calls to the manager of appliances I went to the store. They could not find my order (although I showed it to them on my iphone) and the appliance manager was not to be found. After 2 unsatisfying hours I left. I still have the dishwasher in my kitchen in a box

this was successfully resolved and they did install the dishwasher free of charge

Not a lot of people know that a contract has to be signed for a dishwasher to be installer. It requires a little bit of plumbing, so they are required to have a plumber do it.

In your defense, you were told by the rep.

(did you get his/her name?)that Lowe's would install the dishwasher. Contact the district manager or corporate if you haven't already.

Lowes in Memphis, Tennessee - Millington Tn. Lowe's generator

I bought a generator from Lowe's but I didn't need to use it until my power went off, it would not start, Johnnie Shaw & Stenefno Douglas would not change it because I could not find my receipt he could see it was new I have looked everywhere I can't find the receipt at my age I have a hard time remembering, Igot it in March or April last year I just want it relplaced he said it had gas in it, that is the only way to try to start it. Thank you Forrest J Porter 901-357-8061

Don't blame Lowe's you are to blame too. How do they know that it is NEW, they can't tell.

I have had mine for 3 yrs and it still looks new. You blew it when you didn't put your receipt up. They only keep your history for 3 months and it is up to you to keep that information. Don't try to put it off on Lowe's or any other store.

Take some responsibility in that you didn't check it out and how do they know you didn't run it every day for all this time and wear it out? They don't.

SO you blew it. SOrry, but that is just the way it is.

That thing should have been started immediately and once a moth there after. Otherwise how can you be confident when you need it.

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Rude and unwilling

I work for a large church and am the Executive Director of one of its Ministry's. Approximatly April the 25th I went into the store and purchased several items including item #44125 a outside light. Approximatly 4 weeks went by and we used everything and decided that the light was not the correct one we needed. I was going to run down to the Lowe's and exchange it for the correct one. I was told I would have to wait for the manager on duty and waited for about 15 to 20 minutes for him to arrive. When he did show up he was rude and I proceeded to tell him that all I wanted to do was exchange the light brand new still in the box so I could get the correct one. He ask me when I bought it and I told him about when it was purchased and that it was paid for by check. He proceeded to tell me that he had looked and that light was not purchased at that time and he did not believe I purchashed that light from his store. The box has the store number right on it and he never walked over to a computer to look at anything. He proceeded to tell me he was not going to do anything for me. In short Lowes has lost my business forever Darell Adams Owensboro Kentucky

Didn't your god tell you to take the receipt with you?

Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes/and Valspar Paintw/primer.Lowes +V-

We had a horrible experience using the Valspar Paint that included the Primer. We prepared all the walls in the bedroom, and decided to purchase this product. We painted one coat, and realized that we would need another coat. We waited until the next day, and when we rolled the 2nd coat on, it actually PEELED the first coat OFF.. what a MESS.. we went to the Lowes where we purchased it, and they sent out a rep from Valspar, along with the manager of the local store.The V. rep. said that they would pay for more paint, but had NEVER,in his experience,ever paid for LABOR to FIX a problem.I told them that I had Media connections, and that their product was "chemically" manufactured wrong. and that I would be taking it to the Media.. all the way.. 3 days later the Lowes called and said that THE STORE would pay for a painting contractor to come and fix/sand the walls and repaint. V/spar just gave more paint.. Kudos to the local Lowes. Boo.. to Valspar.. fix your paint.. the primer which adheres to the wall first.. does not cure.. so it is still wet underneath theouter part of the paint... go back to the chem lab.! and stop selling this paint !

First of all what type of finish meaning what gloss level of paint was underneath? Painting over an existing enamel wether oil based or water based requires one of two prep steps either de-glossing surface or priming surface with bonding primer, wait 24 hrs then top coat with good quality paint.

Valspar Signature paint is not a cure all paint/ primer-in-one is just a selling tool. I have yet to meet a Valspar Rep with field experience to identify basic common paint failures

nikalseyn

Thanks for the heads up on Valspar. I have had some great experiences with Lowe's since they came to town a few years ago and have been buying all the appliances for myself and the kids from them, thanks initially to the free delivery, but their prices and service is great also. Nice to see they stand behind a lousy product they happen to sell---even if at the point of a threat to go public.

That is why you should use Benjamin Moore.

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes warranty not replacing lemon washer dryer

We purchased a Fridgidaire washer dryer combo on 11/28/08 plus a four year extended warranty. A month ago the spin cycle would not start. After our repair call we waited a week and after that repair we did two loads of laundry and the same problem recurred. The second call resulted in another diagnosis and another two week wait for a part which was not in stock. Today after a month we had another repair visit with yet another diagnosis but no fix to the problem. Next week another visit is scheduled. Still no fix to the problem.

The problem with alot of the appliances at Lowes, is that people return them and tell the returns desk that it is the wrong kind or doesn;t fit. In actuality, they have used it and lied to the employee that nothing is wrong with it. Stop blaming the store and look at the dishonesty of the customers

Yep...here too! Bought a second hand washer at Lowe's that the lid lock needed replaced, which they told me they did.

Got it home and every cycle I ran it through left the clothes dripping wet. The "clean" cycle doesn't work, and it doesn't have enough power to open the "downy ball". Manufacture's warranty still available and repair has been here 3 times already replacing different parts. Two of the parts have ben replaced more than once.

Still doing the same thing and now they have the lid lock ordered again and are coming to replace that next week. That will be the 4th time they are here.

I went to Lowe's, and the best they can do for me is take it back and refund my money. Then, they can re-sell it to another poor unsuspecting soul.

Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Shaw rug

I ordered a shaw rug from Lowe's on 2/5/11. I was told it would ship on 3/16/11 and of course it did not come. I called the store and the salesman told me the company said it was on back order and would ship on 4/8/11. It was the 17th of March and still no rug, so I went to the store but no one seem to know what was going on. The saleman who sold it to me would have to check on the order. On Tues. April 19th he called the company and said it was on back order and would be shipped on the 2nd of May. He said he talked to the supervisor and she assured him it would be shipped on that day. Needless to say I was pissed. If I do not receive it by May 5th I will cancel my order. The company that makes this rug does not seem to care if the customer receives the merchandise or not. When they cannot even make a call to Lowe's (without them calling the company) to let them know it is on back order is very bad PR in my opinion.

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Lowe's screwed me

I will never buy another product from Lowe's. I had a department manager lead me to believe he was a store manager with an attitude. They coukld not even get a delivery right, making me wait all day Saturday and when I called at 5 PM, I was told that I was not even on the delivery list although I was told in the moring trhat they will call me 20 minutes before delivery. I talked to the real store manager later on in person and I found he even had an attitude. When I suggested some sort of compensation, just a small one, his answer was I will deliver my product and then he will talk about some type of compensation. I will go across the street from now on to Home Depot and spend my money there.
#520501

They screwed me to.I ordered a gas grill online to be delivered to my home parcel post and my bank card was charged for total and they have no record of my order in my account on line.I have sent two emails with a copy of my bank statement showing the lowes charge trying to get it straightened out with no replies yet I have paid for it .will never shop here again.

You both need spell check.And Joe, I hope you don't do any paperwork for your store. Do you have a period key on your board? I've been with Lowes 7 years and love my job!

That's funny because the lowes I work for will give away the hole store to make somone happy to the tune of whole palets worth of product for free call corprate they will give you whatever you want by the way the reasion the managers were probably in a bad mood is because they treat there managers like dirt and the line leval people like the *** under there shoes lowes is the worst company ON THIS PLANIT to work for

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Bad products

I returned a bucket after I bought it at the fontana' store and when I returned it the clerk ask what was wrong. I told him and he just put it in the go backs. the mgr here was at the san bernardino store and that one closed down. I stopped going there because of bad service, so I guess I will quit this store too. If you get a Lowes bucket that is cracked , that was the one I returned. I wonder how many times it was returned?? if you want good service go somewhere else. I guess I should do as I say
Loss

Lowes screws up carpet install, unwilling to take care of me.

I went to Lowes and ordered carpet 3-19-11. I was given a date it would come in. Everything went according to plan. Once the carpet came in the installer called me to set up a date and time. We agreed on 3-30-11. He said he would be there a little after 8. I told him I had a doctors appointment at 10:15 and I would leave and come back. He said it was fine as long as I was there to sign the paperwork. The date of the install came and I waited until 10:00. Still no installers. So I leave a note on the door with it unlocked. It said to go ahead and start the install. I came home after my doctors appointment to find out half the house has already been installed... with the wrong carpet. I told the installers it wasnt the right carpet. He called their boss, who called Lowes, Lowes told him to let me know I need to go in the store and talk to a manager. Lowes did not call me. I went into the store and rquested a manager. A lady came, I explained to her the situation. She said they would fix it and left it at that. I called back later in the day to ask when it would be installed, they didnt have an answer for me. I also learned I never spoke with a manager. So I hired a baby sitter and went into Lowes that evening. Finally a manager came. He told me they can rush order the carpet and install it the next day they got it. I explained to him I took a personal day and hired a baby sitter. He said he can give me 200 dollars back (still didnt cover what I lost). I also explained to him my furniture was in my basement and new couches ordered to arrive after the carpet was installed on purpose. He gave my the "we are sorry" rountine. The next day they called me and told me the right carpet would come in Wendesday 4-6-11. They also told me my refund would go back into my bank account. The following Monday 4-4-11 I got a phone call saying they couldnt do the refund like that and I had to come into the store to get the partial refund. Wendesday 4-6-11 comes around and I get a phone call from Lowes. It was an automated voice telling me my order was ready for pick up. Good! My carpet is in! Except I never received a phone call from Lowes to let me know an installer was coming. I decided to give them a few days. The following Monday 4-11-11 I still havent heard from Lowes, so I decided to go into the store. After all, I need to get my 200 dollars. I give them my name and explain the situation. They told me they didnt know what I was talking about. Then they insisted I return in 2 days when the manager who was handling the situation would be there. I asked what was going on with my carpet. They once again did not have a clue. I then asked for the store manager. They said he was unavailable at the time. I left them my number to have the store manager call me, and if he couldnt, then the district manager. Later that same evening I called into Lowes since I still didnt receive a phone call. I asked for the store manager. He was no longer there. I talked to another assistant about the situation. She looked it up and told me my carpet was there and she would have someone call me tomorrow (tuesday). I decided to write corprate an email. Enough was enough. I told them I wanted the store manager to call me. Tuesday 4-12-11 comes and a lady from Lowes called me and said she gave the information to the contractor. I told her it was suppose to be installed the next day. She said they will do what they can. I asked about my refund, she said it would go back into my bank account (make up your minds already). The contractor called me and told me he could install it next Tuesday 4-19-11(a week). Thursday 4-14-11 Lowes replied to my e-mail telling me the store manager would call me within 24 hours. Friday 4-15-11 I receive a phone call from Lowes. Its a manager. I explain the entire situation, he told me they are doing the best they can. I then asked if he was the store manager. No, but he is an assistant. WHAT?! Why cant I get a hold of this store manager?! I told him I want a call from the store manager and hung up. 20 minutes later the store manager called me. I explained to him the entire situation. I also told him my friend text me a few hours ago asking if Lowes is a good place to get carpet. I also told him I was buying a countertop and his actions would make the out come on what I tell my friend and where I but it. He pretty much said sorry and he would make sure I got my 200 bucks back. The carpet is still not installed. Oppurtunity knocks! He had a chance to fix the situation and make me happy. He could of said "How about this, you give Lowes one more chance and buy your countertop here. Ill give you 10 percent off. Lets give it another shot". Nope. Im not wanting a full refund on 3100 bucks of carpet and padding. But come on, not even 10 percent of my money back? Make the customer happy. I wont buy so much as a screw from Lowes.
What happened?

I had a carpet installation gone wrong too. hey hire subcontractors, so an issue can become sticky.

I ended up getting a refund for the botched portion, but that was after I made a lot of noise. They tried to ignore the situation away, but I persisted because I knew I was in the right.

nytxn1

I had filled out an application for Lowes 2 weeks ago. This past Tuesday I get a call from who I can only assume is a HR rep, asking if I can come in for an interview on Friday @ 9 am.

Being that I work overnight I said sure. Today (Thursday) I get another call from the same HR lady saying that she has to move my interview to 2:30. I respond by telling her I can't make it because I'm going into work at that time. She tells me she isn't coming in to 12 and it's either then or next week sometime.

I say next week is fine because Im just lookn for a little extra cash, im in no rush. Anyways she says she'll call me back. Later on in the day I get an email stating thanks for your interest but regretfully we are proceeding with other candidates.

Well if thats how they run things screw them. I no longer want to work for them and no longer will buy any of their products.

nytxn1

I will never go back to lowe's . look the way the veterans was treated . with the 10% id scam .I don't need them.go to home depot.

batting5th

It was the Lowes on CR6 in Elkhart, IN. Sorry, I havent been here in a few months. The carpet was eventually installed. It was a big mess that Lowes did not want to deal with... I do want to reply back to the guy who stuck up for the store and made me sound like a baby.

"The truth is he does not care what your friend is going to purchase and to be honest he does not want you or your friend back to purchase. You will just complain and want more compensation. The people who get the most are the sincere customer who is not nasty and trying to threaten the store or management. That really gets you nowhere."

Did you even read the story? Please tell me you didnt. That was a dumb statement. Where did I even threaten a Lowes employee? I simpley made a statement. Should I just keep my mouth shut and except garbage service for carpet that cost me over 3k?! You are probably the store manager. Anyone who has this attitude will be out of business. There is to much competition out there (just look at my new counter top that wasnt purchased at Lowes) to take the attitude "Im right, the customer is wrong". I wasnt asking for a full refund. Im just saying the store manager should of used common sense... Oh, also I finally got my 200 dollars back. They tried to give it to me on a gift card!

To the people who worked at Lowes, its good to hear that other Lowes to it right, but the Lowes in Elkhart on CR6 is aweful.

Lowe's employees are trained to resolve issues without the store manager. You are not going to get anything more out of him than you would the other managers.

In fact he sits with the employees you already spoke with to see what they have offered and then offers the same. You got the standard give us another chance and we will take 10 % off. The truth is he does not care what your friend is going to purchase and to be honest he does not want you or your friend back to purchase. You will just complain and want more compensation.

No major issues-have had Pergo, carpet, and washer/dryer installed-new house for me so it was completely empty. My father opened the door, signed, then left (nothing to steal).

Did good job! Not happy they opened all the packages of moisture barrier for the Pergo, but I saved it for other uses.

Ordered too much Pergo and took back all but 2 boxes (my request in case I needed repair some day). Full credit given but I had to go to store to get it.

Would like to know what Lowes screwed up your carpet install and was unwilling to do the right thing.

All I can say is WOW! I worked for Lowe's for 5 years in a Maryland store as an install manager and I can tell you that I have NEVER heard of anything like this!

I can only speak of the store I was in but, we were ALWAYS told to do whatever we had to do to please the customer! And I can tell you...we did a lot of crazy things to make customers happy! The one thing that a store manager doesn't want to happen is for a customer to call corporate! As for the installers...they should have NEVER of entered your home without you being there nor should they have started the install without you first verifying that the carpet was what you ordered.

All I can say about the situation is...the store you dealt with must have a terrible store manager as well as a horrible district manager! When you place a complaint with Lowe's' corporate office an email is immediately sent to the store manager, the asst. manager and the district manager. Every day the managers have to log onto a certain computer program and take care of all issues.

Most store managers forward the complaint to the appropriate zone manager (a zone mgr. is in charge of 2-3 dept.'s in the store.) The manager is then supposed to call the customer to let them know that they have received the complaint and also to get any additional information, if needed. The manager is then required to log every detail about the complaint, as well as every call that was made to the customer and the details of everything. The district manager also is required to log into this program and check on all complaints for his or district.

I am sorry to bore you with all of the details but, it sounds like everyone dropped the ball here! If something like this was to happen in my district I can assure you that all parties that were involved would have been fired! The DM for my district would have "cleaned house!" I truly cannot believe that Lowe's has treated you this way (meaning that I believe they are a great company...not that you are lying.) Lowe's has been the best company that I have EVER worked for and I was always proud to say that I was employed by them.

I am interested to hear how this story ends so please update.

Have a great day and I am sorry about your issue. I would definitely not give up on Lowe's but I most definitely would go to another store!

Theymadememad

You just left and let some monkeys you never met run around your house with tackhammers? You deserve what you got, stunad.

All I can say about the poor guy, who got a huge runaround about his carpet being installed. This experience would have given me a massive Heart Attack..I would sue those *** wipes...Just reading all the dates he went through, with no avail...This made me have to take a tranquilizer!

Thanks for sharing your experience with Lowe's..I don't think I will every use then for an installation or contracted job, ever. :x

I live in Temple TX. Have done some business with Lowes and for the most part have been satisfied.

They installed a new garage door when my old one collasped on me. They drilled new post holes as that was the cause of problem to begin with. I was grateful for that. They did not know how the outside code worked but to me that is not important as the other work they did.

And they did give me a 25.00 gift card for that inconvience. No matter where you go there is no guarentee you will not have problems.

i worked for lowes for 15 years and in that 15 years,i have seen and heard of some pretty shaded stuff,,,,,thats lowes for you,i couldn't get out of there fast enough,,,,good company very poor management,,,,,idiots would better describe them.....

Does anyone have current feedback (years 2010 and 2011)on roofing done by Lowes?Am considering majpor roof job and need to make a decision between Lowes and Home Depot. dkp

Those installer should have never installed anything without you there to approve it. At the end of a job there a part of the contract that has to be signed in order for a job to be complete. If I were a contractor, I wouldn't have done anything even if you said it was ok to go in your house unsupervised.

Im so very pleased with our lowes store in uniontown, whenever i have a return it is never a problem I know most of dep't heads by name. they always go out of their way to help or advise me.I spend alot of $ at this store.

I will never spend a penny at h'depot or after today sears.

be proud of your employes they do a fine job. well content.

both at fault.change the date completely so someone at home .but what happened to costumer satisfaction guaranteed and customers always right to keep customers happy..what a shame

I know how you feel. I purchased a front door with sidelights which was advertised in the Sunday paper. It was in the middle of a full page of doors that had a 20 year warranty. Problem was, this door was not the same brand, and the company had gone out of business.

The door fell apart after 8 years. I contacted Lowe's and after 6 months of bickering with them, the BBB and the Attorney General's office, they refused to make it right. The AG said it was "bait and switch". And, they lied and lied.

I will never buy anytning from them again, either.

bbb

batting5th

If I was there it wouldnt of changed the carpet. They ordered the wrong carpet.

I refused to sign after the install was complete. One of the managers brought that up when I was in there. How would that of changed the carpet? Lowes is just bad.

Oh, and now I need to go into the store again to get my 200 bucks. 200 of 3100 isnt even 10 percent.

I will go into Lowes to get my refund, but I wont step another foot in their store again. This was flat out bad.

It was your mistake of not being there during the initial installment. You could have set another date for the installment OR set another date for the doctors appointment.

Its unfortunate what happened but it could have been prevented.

Never trust HUMAN beings, they make HUMAN errors. Bottom line is you should've been there to sign papers!

View more comments (19)

Lowes did not honor Extended Warranty

I purchased the Troy Built power washer in March of 2010 and used it a few times. This past month when I took it back out of the garage to use it there was no water coming out when I hooked it up to the hose. I didn't think it would be an issue because I had both a manufacturer's warranty and bought an extended warranty. After navigating the Lowe's extended warranty phone system I was sent to a small shop for repair called Value Equipment and there the run around began. Like insurance companies everyone's job is to say things are not covered and that I should pay more to have a brand new product repaired. Both Value Equipment and Lowe's changed their stories about who should be doing what and what was covered twice to deny the claim. Stay away from this pressure washer as it is not built well at all and don't let them fool you into purchasing the Lowe's warranty!

I have the same problem Lowes would not take care after only

Having it less than 2months the dam thing won't start when

You ready to use it it is apiece of ***

No warranty covers customer fault, meaning if you blew your pump due to pressure build up with no release is your fault.

Well, I now know why all the local news people tell you not to buy these extended warranties. My experience was similar--sent out a contractor who screwed around for 1-1/2 hours in order to determine that it was "damage," so it wasn't covered. Never mind that right on the Lowes Extended Service Plan website they say "With your Lowe's Extended Protection Plan, you'll receive additional coverage for years to come." and in the following copy it has a check mark next to "Normal wear and tear." Guess boiling water on a ceramic cooktop of a Frigidaire stove falls outside of the definition of "normal wear and tear." My advice, DON'T BUY A LOWE'S APPLIANCE, A FRIGIDAIRE STOVE OR A LOWES EXTENDED PROTECTION PLAN.

Honest4Sure
#319765

The reason the shop and Lowes extended service give you the runaround is that the plan you bought only covered years 3 or 3 and 4, given the unit has a 2-year warranty. the plan "beginning from the date of purchase is a ruse as the mfr is responsible for work under its warranty.

The brochure is very deceiving.

I suggest to email Lowes Corporate Escalations with a copy to the State Atty General's Office. Someone will jump.

Also, both the warranty and the plan exclude physical damage, attachments and other accessories.

Today Lowes in Fort Worth told me that they will not honor their warranty until the device has broken down 3 times in one year. It is time for Lowes to go out of business.

first of all i use to work for lowes and returns was my dept. most power washers do not last for nothing enough said about that.

BUT they your store or I would tell you bring it back and it would be replaced then and there.

you had everything needed and you were told wrong.there are so many contractors that come in with items and no upc with a reciept over a year and they get refunded the way they pay others without reciept will say they paid cash so they dont look up info get store credit even if it was used but say it didnt work. lowes is known to take back anything.

View more comments (6)