Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Waterford, Connecticut: We got ***.

We went in to build our kitchen at Lowes in Waterford CT. We went witht he 18 months no interest and asked the store what the minimum payment. The store manager Jennifer Veno, stated that her payment was an approximate number and we told her that we needed the payment to be around a certain amount. She said it should be around that. When we received the bill it was 3x's the amount. There is nothing Lowes or the credit company can do other than if we claim hardship and ruin our credit. Spoke to the general manager who said that the order could be refunded. My husband ripped out our kitchen in anticipation of the order and I am on bed rest with twins. They offered us to come back and redo the process or to come to my house. I would not work with them again and did not know how they would ever manage to build a kitchen for the payment we could afford based what their policies dictated. They could do nothing for us. I will never use lowes again and I am forced to try to figure out how to pay this bill. I don't have the physical energy or resources to attempt another kitchen design. I am so angry at lowes and they have offered us no compensation. DO NOT USE them for any sort of financing or expect the manager to answer questions knowledgeably.

You are an ***. I'm glad you got screwed.

Before you sign your name to anything...you should READ what you are signing and not depend on a sales person to do it for you. If you know the grand total and have 18 months no interest....its easy to figure out what your payments are...take the grand total after taxes and divide it by 18.....YOU DEPEND on a sales person to do your math for you? Come on...you are looking for sympathy for totally unrelated reasons....GROW UP!!

Alan C

The retailers are not finance experts, not even close. The terms and conditions on the credit agreements, in fine print, outline how the payments are calculated.

All the retailers push there free financing promotions; this is not news.

To all of those people that believed we did this to ourselves. We did a lot of research and know what payment we could afford.

That is why we went that route. As for my kitchen that was a safety hazard, cabinets falling off the wall, haphazard electrical, we had no choice. I am not blaming others for my decisions. It was not instant gratifcation by any means, it was the cheapest kitchen we could manage to get safely.

It would be like buying a car and expecting the payments to be one price and then it is another.

We also had the ability to pay for the kitchen in the end and it was a matter of timing to have a safe place for my family to be. Please don't make judgements that don't apply to the situation

@jaibhagwan73@hotmail.com

DON'T WORRY, LOWES CAN'T GET THE MONEY FROM U, LET THEM CALL U AND TRY TO COLLECT IT, IN THE MEANTIME SAVE UP MONEY, IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 2 YEARS TO GET THE MONEY FROM U, IN THE MEANTIME SAVE MONEY AND LATER TRY TO SAVE THE AMOUNT TO GIVE THEM A SETTLEMENT, USUALLY 50 PERCENT OFF THE POSTED AMOUNT. DO A CONSUMER SETTLEMENT, IT WILL BE WORTH IT!

If you can't afford a new kitchen, you shouldn't finance it. Stop living above your means.

Save for it and you won't have to deal with things like this. Instantly gratification isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I'm not familiar with Lowe's return policy but I'm guessing you had a few bills come by before it was up. Even then, they offered you a refund and you refused to take it.

They along with every other appliance retailer have next day delivery.

So I don't see your beef.

Plus you have no business doing those same as cash programs if you can't make the payments, since you'll be hit with all the interest at the end anyways. I know that you're "tired" and "don't have the physical energy" or whatever, but it's a big bad world out there and you shouldn't blame other people for your own poor planning and research.

View more comments (6)
Lowes Manager
Loss

Lowes review in Fort Worth, Texas: Carpet measured wrong in Mothers house.

Last November my mother wanted some new carpet for her living room before Thanksgiving. She check with the local Granbury, Texas Lowes and the carpet was on sale. We asked if it could be installed before Thanksgiving. They told us as soon as it comes in they could install it that week. It came in on a Monday but we never heard from them. I called on a Tuesday or a Wednesday and they would check on it. I never got a call back so I went up there. They didn't get it installed before Thanksgiving. We had a one room measured and was charged for about two rooms. When I called about it they said the installer did this so the installer would not have to put a seam in room. Well, there is a seam in the room. They over charged her. It cost her $1700. to have her living room (one room) carpeted. The carpet was even on sale. We will never do business with Lowe's again. They are a rip-off.

I had a similar problem, but I posted my complaint on Lowe's facebook page and to all my friends and family on Facebook. 24 hours later, Lowes agreed to do the whole carpet project for free.

I definately agree with you. Lowes install services are terrible.

Loss

Lowes review in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: My contractor was told I must have picked up the tub/surround!

I purchased a tub/surround for a rental home we own. I told them my contractor would pick it up. No problem...until he tried to pick it up. First they told him it wasn't in the computer. Couple of days later he went to pick it up again, nope, couldn't find it, I must have picked it up. (I was under the assumption that my guy had the items and work was under way). Couple of days later I get a message that lowes left wanting to know when we were picking up the tub/surround! So, now I'm blaming it on my contractor...nope...he goes over there again, they can't find it, I must have picked it up! So, this time he says "no" let's go look for it. He said they finally found it waaaay in the back, behind a bunch of stuff! So, we finally have the tub/surround, over a week later! I guess it's my fault, I have never made a purchase from this Lowes (Harrisburg, PA), that was correct. I think they must have a "secret" handshake, or code or something that I don't know. I am not a "total" incompetant, my husband and I renovate old houses, so I spend around $20,000/year, mostly at Home Depot. I renovated my own kitchen last year, and spent nearly $30,000. at HD. Everything was perfect, no problems, nothing back ordered. In future I will skip Lowes and just use Home Depot.
Review

Lowes of york sc is dirty crook

On may 6 we purchased new frigidair fridge. Guy asked when did we want it. We replied as soon as possible- the other was broke. Guy said how does tomorrow morning sound-somewhere between 8am-12am. GREAT. Next am comes and goes. No fridge, no call. 2pm arrives. Still waiting. Finally call them. *** lady says: We don't know where they are but if they said they'd be there then they'll be there. 3pm, 4pm, 5pm- deliverer calls-says be there soon. 6pm, 7pm, 7:30 pm fridge arrives.(@ 12 hours of our wasted saturday). When fridge is installed and old one is removed and deliverers left opened fridge and its the wrong one. Same model but with wire racks- not glass. Will never buy from them again.

I took a *** there once and I thought their bathrooms were rather clean. Nice place to stop when you are about to *** yourself.

Get the *** over it. Your lazy *** should have picked it up yourself.

Yeah you said it sister to the tune of 30% of my wages. Whole *** company is full of crooks on the top end and that lazy fat cat Niblock is rolling it in hand over fist..

Oh your complaint I am so so sorry.

Call the store and raise *** and demand half your money back. That always works..

Lowes just slashed all employees salaries. Mine was cut 30%. Why would we stay motivated working for a company that pays their CEO 12sits million a year to cut our pay?

View more comments (3)

Lowes Extended Warranty Useless

Do NOT get an extended warranty for Lowe's lawnmower. We bought a Troy Bilt mower one year ago. This year, it wouldn't start. Called Lowe's and they sent us to a service center 15 miles away - Northern Tool. They charged us $60 and said it was water in the tank and not covered under warranty. Took the mower home and it ran horribly. Sounded like a car in constant rev, so we took it back and they tried again. Brought it home - same problem. Tried to mow the lawn anyway and it died any time there was any exertion on the engine - slight uphill grade, small clump of weeds, etc. Obviously, Northern Tool didn't know what they were doing. Called Lowe's again, and their only solution is to have me take it to another dealer - minimum 20 miles away. They offered nothing in compensation for my $60 or my 90 miles in round trips for incompetent service. Also would not refund my cost of their useless warranty. I live in Atlanta, not the boonies, and there are no "authorized" service centers within 20 miles. Warranty is useless to me.

the epp should have paid for your lawn mower to be picked up at your house BTW.

Your Fuel went bad, always run all fuel out of the mower. Fuel today has a thirty day shelf life.

Northern tool should have suggested replacing your carburetor cause I'm sure that your carb had build up blocking a jet. So technically your fuel was the problem and nothing was wrong with your mower. Thay will cause this a maintenance issue. If you are not going to drain or run all the fual out of your unit then atleast treat the fuel with something like startron additive.

Make sure it gets to the carb. Not even troybilt would warrant this issue.

Just bought a riding lawnmower at Lowe's. They said I had 7 days to decide if I wanted to buy the warranty $199.

That's a lot of money on top of the mower for me.

Should I or sholuldn't I? Any suggestions.

@J. R.

I hope you didn't do it! I have the extended warranty, my lawn tractor has been out for a month now!

I will never buy another mower or warranty from Lowes. In fact, dealing with this extended warranty has almost turned me against Lowes altogether.

Honest4sure is incorrect. The EPP warranty covers all parts and labor that are NOT covered by warranty to begin with as long as the unit is being repaired due to a warrantable ISSUE.

Yes, manufacturer warranties cover most things on repairs, but not all. The EPP also provides for free pick up and delivery on riding mowers. Also, any preventable maintenance parts (ie spark plugs, oil, filters, etc) that you purchase, they will reimburse 20% of that.

In fact, they even compensate you up to like $50 to have your yard mowed while your unit is in repair.

So no, your fuel related issue is not covered, but to say the extended protection is useless is a bit of a stretch.

:grin

If you wanted support, then why are you buying at a "big box store" to begin with? Warranties do not cover fuel related issues...

no matter what you buy. But at least if the unit came from a reputable dealer, it's likely they would have helped you for minimal cost on your part. Hope you learned: FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BUY AT BIG BOX STORES.

(Sears, Homedepot, Lowes, TractorSupply, Walmart, etc. etc.)

IF YOU READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL YOU WILL SEE THAT ALL FUEL RELATED ISSUES ARE NON-WARRANTY....IF YOU PURCHASE AN EXT WARRANTY IT IS JUST THAT, AN EXTENSION OF THE MFG WARRANTY...YOU BEEF IS NOT WITH LOWES OR THE EXT WARRANTY YOUR BEEF IS WITH NORTHERN TOOL THEY DID NOT CLEAN YOUR CARB VERY WELL AND SHOULD OF CORRECTED THERE WORK....

Alan C

Your mower has a 2 year manufacturer warranty. What you paid for was either year 3 or years 3&4.

The plan does ZERO for you under warranty.

You were had. Send an email directly to the Lowes department responsible - epp@lowes.com.

Well no they're not going to refund your warranty after you've already made a claim on it. Also know that manufacturer's warranties are intentionally vague as to avoid responsibility for replacement as much as possible. So I don't buy them.

Sears on the other hand has decent agreements on Craftsman stuff and they actually cover everything...they're a little pricier but worth it

I understand your frustration but if that particular problem isn't covered under the warranty there's not much they can do, I would advise that in the future ask for the warranty brochore, that way you can decide if it's worth buying based on what it's suppose to cover.

Next time get stablizer fluid so your gas stays fresh over the winter

View more comments (10)

Lowes review in Baltimore, Maryland: Furnished me with a bogus estimate

I wanted laminate flooring installed in my kitchen, the kitchen was measured and an estimate was furnished. The estimate was for for 180 sqft my kitchen is 10'x16' and cabinets occupy 36sqft. It is my estimate that the required area would be 140sqft which includes spoilage (10%). In 5 days run around on the phone I was told the measurer was the installer (she isn't), the labor included my $35 I paid for the measure(it was not), the price for the molding was listed as material and much more lying. I decided to go with a company I can trust. You have lost a customer forever. I was shuttle around from the laminate manager, to the estimator, the installer (wh0 hung up on me) to someome named Scott
Lowes Estimate

Lowes review in Beaverton, Oregon: He insulted me and refused to help me.

I Have muching my yard and have spent approx 400.00 dollars on mulch at your Tigard store buying six or seven bags at a time as that is all I can manage in my car. To day when going to your garden dept I could not find a cart to load the mulch on. I spotted a young man stocking potted plants in the isle and asked him where I could find a cart to load the mulch on. His answer was ( They kind of hang out all over ) I asked him if I was to locate one myself he replied ( pretty much ) My eight year old grandson is smarter than that. I then went to your competition and received help gettin the product and also help loading it into the car. I really to not see myself spending much time at Lowes in the future. Wayne Thomas
#1171942

That was a vendor you ***, not a store employee. Grow up.

boo hoo. you had to walk to get your own cart.

Home Depot people seem to do a better job of being helpful, and if they don't know the answer, at least they'll call another employee to help. Lowes guys just act retarded.

Also, Lowes website is down or very slow all the time.

I bought some appliances from them..all had chips and scratches all over them. My choice was take a small discount or wait two weeks for another. I took the discount , but would have rather had appliances without chunks missing.

View more comments (2)

Lowes lies

Wife and I ordered a custom bath vanity from Lowes - cost around $1K. When the contractor who was remodeling the bathroom went to install it he found that we had been sent a 18" vanity instead of the regular 21". After several calls to Lowes they agreed to send the correct vanite and expedite it for a 2 week delivery. 2 weeks came - no vanity! Call to Lowes and the word from the rep was that they never agreed to 2 weeks. It would be another 2 weeks until we got the vanity. What the heck?? 4 weeks for a vanity????? Idiots - never again. We are now at the district rep level and quite frankly I am going to ask for my money back.

It'll just be ANOTHER THREE WEEKS FOR THE THIRD TIME.

Update on bath vanity debacle.

Lowes ordered another vanity for us (2-3 week wait) and even refunded our money. Vanity would be free.

OK - that pretty much makes things right.

BUT WAIT - vanity arrived - it was the correct 21" depth.

BUT IT WAS FOR A DOUBLE SINK!!!

WE ORDERED A SINGLE SINK!!! ARGHHHHHH!

What else can possibly go wrong!

Ya know - I really need the correct vanity - Lowes is just toast in my book.

Signed:

Disgusted in Los Gatos, ca.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Remodeling

Lowes review in Colorado Springs, Colorado: Lowe's Installers and delivery is terrible

Bought a dishwasher from Lowes and they sent someone out to install, A Young guy shows up with his GIRL Fiend in tow. First he wanted to take a hammer to the terracotta floor tile so he could remove the old dishwasher(had no idea there were leveling legs) after i showed him how to do it he pulled the hoses , he then decided he couldn't get them back in the way they were and wanted to strat drilling new holes in the oak cabinets. At this point i finally told him to leave and called the company he worked for. Talked to the owner and he said he would come out and do it himself that afternoon. The door bell rings and who is it ? The same kid that was there before with his girlfriend. I had already ran the hoses through the existing holes (took all of all of 5 min ) So i just told him to go away and I would finish the hook up. Unfortunately it canceled the warranty even though I work with appliances and hook up. But because I did it instead of these Bozos The store said the warranty was not valid.(never did have any problem with it)

Yeah it's never a good idea to have the contracters for Lowes or Home Depot or whatnot come to your house for installs, because you have no idea who's coming as you earned firsthand. Just find someone reliable online where you can read reviews before hiring them. Plus if you are doing multiple items you may be able to haggle a discount

I would demand in writing that a "User Install" voids any factory warrantee. You'll see a lot of huffing around.

Fact is look in your manual for the dishwasher and see that nowhere does it require a "Professional Installer".

The only appliance I have seen that did were gas water heaters.

I installed our dishwasher and there is no such issue. Still have free delivery but no requirement that it is only waranteed if they install it. Sombody gave you a line of ***.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes: Do not buy major appliances

On October 18th I purchased brand new major appliances for my newly rehabbed kitchen from Lowe's: refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave. Out of those four appliances, three have broken. A couple of months ago I had someone out to fix the dishwasher. The stove's gas shut-off valve does not work (figured this out after coming home with my newborn to a house full of gas; still have not gotten fixed as I just cannot find the time). On Thursday, April 28th I called Lowe's because my refrigerator had stopped working. Besides losing at least $100 worth of food, I was panicked: I have a four-month-old and work full time; his milk was in the refrigerator. I was told by the Lowe's customer service rep that the earliest appointment she could get me was Friday (the next day). I explained why it was so urgent - she was very nice, sympathized, but still could not help me. It is worth mentioning that I live in a major city (Philadelphia), and it is confusing that as a large company in a major city, Lowe's could not secure someone sooner, especially considering the circumstance. She then explained that I could call the company myself and ask for service that day. Upon calling that company, I was told by them that Lowe's had the wrong information, and they could not perform the work until Monday. I then called Lowe's again, crying, that I could not feed my baby without having refrigeration. Someone different was able to secure service that same day. When the service repairman came to the house, he announced that it would take 7-10 business days to get the part, but that upon shutting off the refrigerator for 24 hours, should magically work. In a major city, and in this day of same-day shipping, I am confused why it would take so long to receive the part. It is worth mentioning that I am still paying off the appliances (almost all broken). It is also worth mentioning that my husband and I, as new parents, also have demanding jobs, which make sitting at home waiting for repair professionals difficult. I lost the following because of the situation: at least $100 worth of food; my baby's breast milk (priceless) and a day of work. I am confused why no one offered to deliver a mini refrigerator to use, especially considering my unique situation with the baby. For anyone that has had a baby, nurses that baby and has to work full-time, they understand how panicky and terrifying it is to lose refrigeration. My house is exactly 2.6 miles away from a Lowe's store; it would have been possible.

We purchased a major brand refrigerator and dryer recently from Lowes thinking they were new products. But gives the problems we are having with both products we are convinced neither is a new products.

Both were manufactured one in 2002 and the other was manufactured in 2003. They were both sold as new, but we believe they are both refurbished because they are not functioning properly.

We have complained and complained, but have gotten little cooperation. We will not be buying another product from Lowes.

Its true everyone wants everything for nothing... buy the *** warranty and you would not have to worry..

and dont be mad at the store they did not build your appliances they were made from another company... its people like you that make sales people not want to come into work in the morning

I was going to try to fully address all of your misperceptions about how these things work, but suffice to say you have unrealistic expectations. A quick rundown

-you should be mad at the manufacturer (name on the appliance) for the poor quality, not the retailer. also, it seems you did not protect yourself with a warranty (would've covered food loss and parts & repair)

-scheduling service under a basic manufacturer's warranty next day would have been EXCEPTIONAL, and a four day wait is pretty average

-nobody gives you floor models to "borrow", they have to sell those later

-there are hundreds of parts for each appliance, so stocking them as close to the customer as appliances would be ridiculously expensive, inefficient, and hard to plan for

-Rent-a-center was made for people like you

-if you buy from someone on an hourly wage, expect a half-assed level of care. Do your homework so you can tell if commissioned people are BSing you and buy from someone honest; they will make sure you're taken care of because they have a reason to! (besides "because they should")

-Bottom line: take care of yourself first, then if someone is willing to go the extra mile, great, but if not, you're prepared.

View more comments (2)