Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
BACKORDER A REFREGERATOR AND THEY SET DATE Oct. 16, they called me Oct. 15, said they will deliver it today. I get up early on my day off and waited and waited. At 11:30AM, called store, they tell me that I will not get THE REFREGERATOR untill NOVEMBER 1! HOW CRUEL, TO...
Shinyhappypeople
#201271

To PCB8

Lowe's didn't cancel your card, GE Money Bank did. The manage Lowe's credit.

Your issue is with them.

I personally want you to make your purchases at Lowe's. It keeps people working.

Review
#202898 Review #202898 is a subjective opinion of poster.
I purchased a Samsung french door refrigerator a month or so back. I declined the extended warranty because consumer reports stated the 1 year manufacturer is sufficient and much of what could go wrong usually happens within the first year. I usually take the gamble....

Like your comment Classyglass3d. Vendors tell the stores anything to get their products into a store.

What happpens 3 1/2 years after the product is sold? Lowes extended warranty recognizes when they sell products that fail the customer expects some recourse to be available from the store that sold them the product. The cost of an extended warranty doubles the warranty time and the product can be replace at the local store no questions asked. I am not saying Lowe's solution is ideal however consider the following.

Home Depot current store policy is any customer who has a problem and that product is covered by a warranty they are directed to that vendor. The local store will do nothing and cannot do anything. This results in a flood of HD customers complaints posted on the web - what else can they do? Recently HD response to the flood of bad publicity?

A "SocialTeam". Customer Service surfs the web posting the message "I would like to look into this for you as soon as possible. If you could email me @homedepot.com, with your contact and information, I can assist. Thank you in advance - Social Media Resolution Expediter, Home Depot." When you contact them them, they give you the email address of the vendor.

Which is exactly what the local store did. THAT IS ALL THEY DO. HD what is wrong with you?

I speak from costly hard learned experience at Home Depot. I recommend you just pay Lowe's extended warranty, it is better than what the other store is going to do for you.

Review
#202847 Review #202847 is a subjective opinion of poster.
We found a maytag washer we liked at Lowe's. When we researched the consumer reviews, we found Home Depot had a lower price by nearly $50. When we took our home depot price printed from their website, Lowes would not honor their guarantee to match the price and...

Had the same experience with a ladder at Lowe's. Found the exact same item at Home Depot for $39 cheaper.

At first they refused to price match at all. But, when I complained they gave in and then refused to give me the 10%.

Review
#202373 Review #202373 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ok here goes i work for lowes the last 3 years now and i have seen alot of turn over at the store. And alot of great hard workers goes cause of the false accusations they were given to them. 3 former employees have lawsuits against the store i work at and i Wish them...
#219055

You should be lucky that Lowes hired someone with a third grade education level. Everyone knows that you begin proper nouns with a capital letter, and begin the pronoun with a capital letter.

You can't even spell cause correctly, not can you spell focus. Frankly most companies require at least some high school education before hiring.

No other company would hire someone with a third grade education such as yourself. I bet this is the only reason you are not quitting because other companies rejected you and told you they were looking for someone with at least some high school education.

Review
#201779 Review #201779 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana - I have been treated like a dog by customers.

I have worked at Lowe's for 3 1/2 years. Most of my customers are very nice and patient but there are some that come along and treat you like a dog. They expect you to wash their feet and call them master. I had a lady that wanted to buy a swing. The model was set up outside, the last one. She said she wanted the one in the box inside the store. I told her this was the last one and she didn't believe me. I showed her the box and she still didn't believe me. She started cussing at me and said I was rude and reported me to my manager.

lowes sucks there workers are lazy trailer park trash if dont like your job or working with the public then quit your job you lazy *** stain

#206367

so sad that you got dumped on. but everytime I go to Lowes I have to hunt an associate down because they just seem to scatter like roches (no offense). that customer probably had to hunt someone down and you were in her line of fire.

#204631

Kevin,get a *** grip. Most customers ARE dogs that come in expecting you to wipe their butts. Lowe's SUCKS to work at I should know.

#198635

well Rover, i am coming to your store next week so if you help me find what I need i will rub your belly and give you some kibbles. also let me tell you something about ladies, every month they get their period and when they do WATCH OUT. she probably had her period.

Review
#201776 Review #201776 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes not accepting it's outdoor lighting failing during the cold weather.

Lowes does not accept that it is selling a light fixture which fails during the cold months. e/g/Portfolio 3-Light Antique Rust Outdoor Lantern. I like the fixture but dont want to fall in the trap of owning a fixture which fails. I told the sales personnel and even the manager about my encounter regarding the reviews, they responded very negatively. This makes me feel like not trusting the sales rep. I would not even request a managers assistance in the future because of this. I have started to shop at speciality stores dispite having to travel to many stores. Those people are knowledgeable about their products, provide good warranties and better problem solving skill.
Review
#201772 Review #201772 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes finds it appropriate to throw things at customers

I went into Lowes in Rock Hill SC to have some keys made. The employee that was helping me just walked away. When he returned I asked for the return of my keys to go elsewhere where the service was better and he threw them at me. I complained to the store manager and he accused me of lying, telling me his employee would never do that. I called the customer service number and a district manager called me and told me they were referring the incident to a vice-president. After a few week without any reply I called back and subsequently received a call from their executive leadership team telling me that my incident was resolved and they found no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of their employee - Simply amazing! Lowes finds it appropriate to throw things at customers

Dear I was lying,

It is great that you have parents that care and made you post the truth. Did you ever stop to think that by lying and saying an employee of Lowe's threw keys at you this employee could have been fired and lost his job?

Lowe's has wonderful cameras in the store and that is how they knew you lied and beleived the employee.

Maybe you should also write a letter to the store manager and hardware employee asking for forgiveness? Just a thought :sigh

#198837

What an ***. Why were you angry?

They didn't have the blank for your key? I've had customers say I was lying and say I didn't want to cut their key. Come to my store and try that.

The camera in tool world pointed towards hardware will show the higher up what goes on, which is why no one ever called you. ***!

#198327

Did he really throw them at you like he was trying to hurt you? I doubt it.

Don;t be so senstive. Be a man.

#198263

I have calmed down after writing this letter. When I wrote this letter I was angry.

The employee never threw the keys at me.

I was just angry and wanted to get him in trouble. However my parents told me that if I don't post the truth they will personally make me to to the manager and employee and apologize in their face.

Review
#201729 Review #201729 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Livingston, New Jersey - Customer discounts

I work for Lowe's Home Improvement Stores. I don't like customers that come to my store and ask for extra discounts just because they don't want to pay the price. We only match the same product ( brand ). The famous words is I'll just go to Home Depot. or Walmart if it was the same way didn't you buy it from them. Seems that Lowe's product is better quality. If customer don't like what they hear they call home office and lie about what happened causing problems for the employee. Customer needs to learn that Lowe's isn't flea market.

lowe's blow's every body knows

Lowe's and Home Depot will not, I repeat, WILL NOT carry the same model numbers for that very reason! Especially with appliances!

You customers who think you have done your "research" are ignorant. Lowe's is a company to make money! They price match on things with a 45% margin. They can afford to knock 15% off for a price match.

Go ahead and go to Home Depot and when they "screw" you, come on back. Musical stores!

#206074

The item may have been a maytag product but if the model number is not the same then the item is different in some way. Hence the price change.

Whaaaaaaa mean ol lowes wouldnt give me the a cheaper price for their better maytag model. Grow up and actually understand the policies.

If I want a car that has air and a super charger and take a price for a basic model and try to get you to match the price and beat it...would you. I dont think so.

#199839

I just left Lowe's tonight with the same exact item, a Maytag range. I took with me the Home Depot lower price ad. Lowe's wouldn't honor their low price guarantee.

You are right. Consumers do their homework and try to get their best price. Unfortunately when companies such as Lowe's Home Improvement Stores do not honor the guarantees, I will go to the other companies.

Yes, I have filed a complaint with corporate.

Review
#201610 Review #201610 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Springfield, Missouri - I was made fun of asking for help.

After buying the blackflag Extreme home insect control from lowes in hollister mo. I contacted the company that made the product. I told them the product did not work they advised me to return it to lowes. At the service desk a employee ask how can i help you. I explained my problem with ants in side of my home. He stated to me that the experts and he will help.I told him and these two women the problem. the laughed at me saying we do not have ants in there homes. i am disabled in a riding cart.All three of these employees made fun of me because for having ants.the never helped me and never returned my money on this product. not a very nice to shop.Ps. this is a Guaranteed or your money back product.
#197749

Don't leave food on the floor if you don't want ants. Why did you have to mention your disability for your letter. Is it so people can pity you.

Review
#201526 Review #201526 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Lowe's extended warranty

Lowe's has completely dissappointed me. We purchased an expensive front loader from them with the extended warranty. Long story short, we were sold a lemon. It has had a draining problem, which we have had serviced 5 times. They have given me the run around, blown me off. I have wasted countless hours on the phone and lugging my laundry from house to house. They never can fix the problem. I will never step foot in a Lowe's again! Shame on me for not going to a mom and pop store that deserves and needs my business- and one that will stand behind its products and warranties.
#198322

What kind of drainage problem? Many times the store installs washer incorrectly.

The drain hose needs to only be about 3-4" in the drain pipe. If you put in farther, it will create a siphon and will not work correctly.

I hope your issue is a simple one like this to correct. If not, I am sorry.

Review
#201514 Review #201514 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss