Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Aiken, South Carolina: Lowe's Master Forge Grill

Hi, I have submitted a complaint already over 2 weeks ago for master forge and sumitted to the BBB. Not one person has contacted me from Master Forge which makes me realize they really do not have any concern for their customers and could care less that after less than a year of use the product is faulty. Since I bought this from Lowe's I'm hoping someone will care enough at that company to make ammends.I purchased a gift for my husband last Memorial day, spending 500 dollars at Lowe's for a Master Forge grill. In my last complaint I provided all of the grill specifics so that if Master Forge was concerned they would be able to easily provide replacement parts. However, no one seems to care. I would hope that I get a phone call or in the VERY LEAST an email from these people to find out why I am so frustrated with their products. My family always buys MasterForge grills which is why I was so quick to spend that amount of money for my husband. Unfortunately it fell VERY short of expectations. Multiple parts on the insde have rusted even though it remained covered. We cannot use it without covering the whole inside in foil. Not very fun for BBQ season. I wish I could express how dissapointed I am not just in the product but in the customer service. I called and spoke with people multiple times at MasterForge, first told, no problem they would ship out replacement parts. a month later...when I had no parts I called and they said there was no order for me. They sent me to the agents voicemail who promised this, and she never called back. SHOCKING! I am horrified and will continue to post this on every consumer website until rectified

Just jb weld those bad chineese welds

Same sort of problem. Heat shield brackets breaking off after 2 years. Kept covered when not in use.

Master Forge grills will quickly turn into a pile of rust, mine was a waste of money and the only thing Lowes would say was I should have bought the extended warranty. Never again!!

@Anonymous

Its just mother nature everything rusts and back to 6 feet under..

I was looking at the Master Forge modular units. Glad I did some research.

Lowes warranty is 30 days!

NO EXTENDED WARRANTY from Lowes or manufacture. That should tell you something

@Doc

I think doc, it should be good to go for one *** month lols

Way to go, everybody needs to know about these cheap made products, my grill is Stainless Steel but is rusting and the ignighter only worked a few times

@Dan

Yes CHINAMAN stainless steel

Is a trade secret in that your

Bbq will have beautiful rust patina after its first rain.lols

@Dan

I disagree. I don't think you know how to use a igniter.

Ha ha ha !!!!lols

Mine is less than a year old and oh my god...this product has no heat- problems with gas supply-and caught fire three days ago at the gas valves..piece of ***..I use to have a grill I should say..be afraid..VERY AFRAID!!!!!!!good luck getting any help from master forge..

@Anonymous

Keep trying into your next life

Ha ha haaaaaa lols

I paid $400.00, and only second summer with this grill, totally rusted out! Not even enough to repair!!! Kept under my awning and covered with the most expensive cover Lowes sells!!!!

I have a $400.00 grill made by the same company. It has never been out in the elements and covered at all times, when not in use.

This is only the 2nd summer and I went to grill today, and the whole inside is rusted!

My propane tank is exposed!!!!! NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

Just bought a Mater Forge grill, right out of the box the lid

is warped and so much so there is a 1 inch gap on the right side front.

I have not been able to get Master Forge to help in any way.

VERY LOW QUALITY GRILL AND COMPANY .

I went to Lowes but they said that I had to contact master forge. I have just read other reviews about the inside parts rusting out and then not being able to get the parts.

I wish I could show you the pictures of the inside of our master forge.

It is unbelievable. Pretty much , the tray and 3 of the under burners disintegrated into pieces after 2 years

Master forge is built by Landmann. They make a little higher grade but the cost is twice as high.

Landmann does not offer any parts for the smoker I bought last summer. They have the IDENTICAL model for sale but surprise! Parts are not available yet! Landmann/master forge is junk and the service or parts availability is non-existant.

You can Google Landmann and see for yourself. Company is ***.

I called master forge 3 times no reply back I needed a ignation button I will never buy a master forge again

In the past six years my wife and I purchased two (2) Master Forge Grills. The first one was o/a the spring of 2007 and cost over $600.

Though covered, it lasted less than three years, the insides having rusted away as if we had had it sitting on a beach in the Outer Banks. We then purchased a second one like it, naively thinking we had gotten the first after (it) perhaps was built the morning after the celebrations of a Chinese New Year. Taking even better care than the one before, the insides of the second BBQ rusted out even faster than the first one did. I called several numbers for assistance and was passed from one department to the next with no results.

Every excuse in the book was afforded and on several occasions it was insinuated by the phone personnel that perhaps the problem was (my) lack of maintenance. I spent 41 years in the military and recently retired. During those early years in my career I was a maintenance officer for much more sensitive equipment than a BBQ. Anyways, I took up the issue with Lowe's, where my wife and I, in retirement, afford them several thousand dollars in revenue for their goods.

We got nowhere with them.....and that is where a large amount of (our) disappointment lies; in the cold, careless answers for the products they sell.

@Go-Go 1949

No service disappointed......

I have a Master Forge electric snoker. Used it 3 times and electronics went. Lowes would not replace it and Master Forge does not respond

@Geno

My masterforge smoker is not even 2 years old and I can not find the parts for the electronics period.

My master forge grill heat plates fell apart after about 15-20 usings. Would never buy this product again.

@Anonymous

The grease pan and burner covers rotted out after 2 season.the grill is a POS.will never buy master forge again.garbage

Master forge grills are tge biggest pos ever I have had two of the five burner models with the same luck they do not last a good year and the only reason I got the second was the first was under warranty please trust me they are junk

I had a 3-year warranty on my Master Forge grill, so they were willing to send out replacement parts, BUT everyone I talked to kept telling me that the part names and numbers from the exploded view in the manual DID NOT match the names and numbers on their computer system. Needless to say, even after reading off exactly what I needed they sent me the wrong parts, multiple times.

On top of this, when calling their company, I waited on hold for at least 45 mins each time, sometimes up to 2 hours. Two times I was put on hold and no one ever picked up again, I waited 3 hours one time before finally hanging up and trying again. One time I was put on hold and the phone disconnected in the middle of an order. When I called back right away they said my order wasn't in the system and I had to do it over, after it had already taken 45 min just to get 2 parts figured out.

Near the end of this ordeal I was put through to a superior, who accused me of having them send out multiples of the same parts, as if I WAS A CRIMINAL! I explained that this was all on his company, that I was repeatedly told the part numbers did not match the numbers they had. Every time I was very precise in what was needed. Now I have multiples of many things, mostly things I did not need.

I said I was willing to send them all back if they would pay for shipping.

They finally agreed to send out the remaining parts, and did not want the others shipped back. Now I have a garage full of multiple sets of the same pieces, that I never needed.

I agree, I have waited also two weeks. I would have to say Master Forge is the worst company.

I will never buy this brand ever again. The most expensive grill which was about 1200 and for nothing less than a year and the darn thing is already oxidize and the grill doesnt even turn on.

@Anonymous

Having issues with the same $1200 grill.....one of the managers came out a couple of months ago and they replaced the doors....well guess what, that's where the serial number was so now I can't get service scheduled because they need the *** number. I am going to fight to have them take this back ( bought the matching fridge) and give me my money back.....will never buy anything from Lowes again.

My Master Forge has been great up until I noticed the supports for the burners have fallen. I know I can find a basic grill burner etc but mounting pieces?

Sad to learn of so many who have had problems with MF. Sad now I'm going to probably have to buy another grill.

You cannot store any grill outside unless it is all stainless steel. My Master Forge is 3 years and looks AWESOME! I store it inside like any intelligent person would.

@Grill Master

That's lovely for you. I live in a city and am very fortunate to have a small amount of yard space for a grill.

The thought of bringing this inside, down my hurricane doors into my basement, is hysterical. I have never heard of anyone bringing a mammoth grill indoors except perhaps in the winter, and it won't work for our circumstances. We use a cover.

Your "any intelligent person" comment is insulting and unnecessary. A million better ways to get your point across and provide helpful feedback (without creating angry feelings) such as: "I found by bringing it inside (in the winter?) that I have avoided rust issues." Boo to your review.

@Grill Master

There are plenty of nicer grills you can store outside. Mine has been outside for 15 years and is still in great shape. It is a Weber though...so maybe I could say that any intelligible person would understand that you get what you pay for.

#861908
@Grill Master

If I may ask...how long have you been a total ***

Yea lowes has 90 day policy, so lowes actually isn't responsible for your product any more. You will need to contact master forge to get help. FYI

@Anonymous

You must be kidding! Contacting Master Forge for service or spare parts is a joke.

You little pansy, ambulance chasing, whiny B!!! "Horrified"?!?!

About a grill?!?!?!

I bet you are a joy to live with. It's a grill, you sausage muncher!

Yeah mine rusted through as well but then again I kept it outside covered. I am just going to "Tim the Toolman" it.

Make it better than the manufacturer made it....

since there appears to be no sites to replace every piece inside the grill other than the burners. Burners and heat reflectors are fine everything else denigrated.

#672092

With extra care, these grills can last years.

First, buy one with a cast iron grate instead of porcelain. Over time, your metal grill brush will destroy porcelain grates. If you already have porcelain well... wash in the sink with nothing tougher than a scrubby sponge. Don't use your wife's nice dish sponge because it will get all black and torn up.

Second, never every turn the heat up full blast. Keep the temperature below 450 at all times. Nothing destroys these cheap grills faster than high heat.

Third, when you first get the grill you need to season it with a pint of vegetable cooking oil. With the grill cold, pour 1 cup of oil into a bowl and use a silicone basting brush to coat the inside over the grill with a thin layer of oil. Be sure to cover the bottom, sides and lid. There is no need to coat the burners themselves but if your grill has heat spreaders (flavorizor bars) then make sure to coat the ends or tabs where these bars attach to the grill body. Once everything is good and coated in oil fire it up and cook at 300 degrees for an hour. This will cause the oil to char and turn brown or black. Any place where it burned clean off was too hot. Let the grill cool back down and repeat the process with another cup of oil tomorrow.

Your beautiful new grill now looks old and yucky but it is protected from rust! If you ever accidentally get it too hot then re-apply the layer oil. Never clean the grill by heating it up to max to burn off all the stuff and never clean it with water. The flavor bars may get too hot for this to save them but the rest of the grill will be protected.

@SecretCheapskate

What a f'n awesome review! Thanks!

Sharyn

Our company has years of experience producing fake and real passports and

other identity documents. We use high quality equipment and materials to

produce counterfeit documents. All secret features of real passports are

carefully duplicated for our falsified documents.we are unique producer of

quality fake documents.

We offer only original high-quality fake passports, driver's licenses, ID

cards, stamps, Visa, school Diplomes and other products for a number of

countries like:USA, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Italia, Finland,

France, Germany, Israel, Mexico, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain, United

Kingdom. This list is not full.

To get further more detailed information about our high quality fake

passports/driving licenses/id cards/ stamps, Visa, school Diplomes and

other products contact us through the below infos;

>> Contact e-mails:agentpassport6@gmail.com

General support: agentpassport6@gmail.com

Technical support: agentpassport6@gmail.com

contact skype: martial.silvere

feel free to contact via email or call at anytime okay i will be happy to

hear from you.

false Israel passports,

false UK(United Kingdom) passports,

false Spanish(Spain) passports,

false Mexican(Mexico) passports,

false South African passports.

false Australian driver licenses,

fake passport of Kazakhstan

fake passport of Kenya

fake passport of Yemen

==========

buy, get, fake, false, passport, passport, id, card, cards, uk, sell,

online, canadian, british, sale, novelty, conterfeit, bogus, american,

united, states, usa, us, italian, malaysian, australian, documents,

idetity, idetification, driver, license, licence, driving, residence,

permit, SSN fake passport id, free fake passport, identity theft, fake,

novelty, camoflauge, passport, anonymous, private, safe, travel, anti

terrorism, international, offshore, banking, id, driver, drivers, license,

instant, online, for sale, cheap, wholesale, new identity, second,

citizenship, identity, identification, documents, diplomatic, nationality,

how to, where to, get, obtain, buy, purchase, make, build, a, passport,

i.d., british, honduras, uk, usa, us, u.s., canada, canadian, foreign,

visa, swiss, card, ids, document, getting, visas, cards, foriegn ..

agentpassport6@gmail.com

My MasterForge grill did last 2 1/2 years (apparently good compared to below) although the inside has rusted out (and I do clean it pretty well). I cannot find parts and will buy a new Weber grill.

I will continue to shop at Lowes although will make sure to bring up the quality (lack of) of MasterForge when recommending grills.

Avalon

I rolled my grille out this last Memorial Day to cookout. I bought a large Master Forge Grille and within two years it has completely rusted out.

The entire working interior is gone and the grill surfaces have rusted beyond use. I clean it after each use and keep it covered when not in use.

I moved from FL where grills do rust more quickly due to the salt and that was expected. I will never purchase another one of these poorly built grills again and Lowes has lost another good customer.

This might be sort of late news for some of you, but we need to realize that to survive our current economy, companies like Lowes, Sears, HomeDepot, etc, have to buy cheap *** from overseas (china) and sell them as American made, Master Forge is a Lowes brand. Open your eyes America, we are done with American made products....

OK NOW HERE WE GO........SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN CHEAP AND SHINED ON THE EXTENDED WARRENTY! PEOPLE HAVE WE LOST OUR MINDS OR HAVE WE LOST SIGHT.

THESE DAY WE MUST INSURE OURSELVES FROM OURSELVE'S. THIS MEAN DONT TRUST ANYTHING TO LAST EVEN YOUR OWN TEETH.

WE ARE ALL DOOMED. GET THE INSURANCE NEXT TIME

@LPZ

Dear LPZ,

Clean your grill! It will last looonnngggeeerrrr.

WE ARE ALL DOOMED. GET THE INSURANCE NEXT TIME

You people think it is the store that is to blame? No no no it is all of us who are to blame.

Sadly as a nation we buy what ever is the cheapest and demand that lowes match home depot and sears match best buy and so on. All of the *** we buy these days is from china We cant even get halfway decent stuff from japan anymore. So you know what? Its your fault.

Or you could blame your dog. Yeah thats is its the dogs fault. You know what? When you see the dog kick him!

Or here is a noble and somewhat crazy idea... Ready?? Are you sure you can handle it??? ok here goes...

MADE IN THE USA.

Pretty simple if it breaks down guess what? You can get it fixed or replaced and in some cases take a drive to the builder and raise a little stink...

@Frank Burns

***. It is absolutely the responsibility of Lowe's to stand behind what they sell.

They have professional buyers that test and make decisions on this stuff.

Regardless of where is is made, ultimately they are on the hook for making a customer happy. The fact that they pushed cheap goods doesn't absolve them of responsibility.

Don't buy it from Lowe’s; they will not help me at all!!!! The second they find out I did not buy their extended warranty, they drop me like a hot plate!!!

If they would have told me the grill is a piece of sh%!, I would have bought the warranty. This grill was 500 plus and is a year and a half old. Rusted, plastic is ruined, the STAINLESS is shot, must be the cheapest *** you make it out of!!!

Again, LOWE'S dropped the ball and I as a customer trusted them to sell me a quality product,,,, NOT!!!! Stay away from LOWE'S and MASTER FORGE (JUNK)

#461993

I bought the Master Forge E3518-LPG in 2008 and most of the inside has rusted, even though I kept to cover on it. I went on-line to find parts but no one seems to carry them any longer.

It's made in China.

I guess the Chinese don't bar-b-que much, based on the design of this product.) So, I'm now using The Master Forge Grill as a boat anchor. It works quite well, but I'm sure it will rust out soon.

@Brique Kete

Brique Kete,

You live near water hopefully not salt and you didn't clean your grill. Your fault not manufacturer or Lowe's.

The American ***

@ Get Over It... you are a tool.

When someone buys something they expect a certain amount of quality, especially for the money that they worked hard for. If there can not be consumer confidence, then there is a breakdown. YOU obviously are one of the underpaid pee-ons that the woman mentions & you defend. I too am having a problem with my grill.

They grill works great, & looks new (which it should for being less than a year old), but unfortunately my $500 grill has a handle that has rusted completely. VERY disappointing.

i bought a master forge grill I was thinking 279.95 the second year the whole is side s has rotted out and is junk now.I would have thought it would have lasted 3 or 4 years.i now buy 89.99 grills and throw the away every 2 years THIS WAY i SAVE ABOUT 200.00 MASTER FORGE IS JUNK AND THE COMPANY REP.DID NOT CARE.i THOUGHT MAY A PRO RATION ON PRICE OR SOMETHING.I GOT NOTHING.NEVER AGAIN!!

@Steven Cheek

Dear Steven,

Clean your grill! Your fault not manufacturer or Lowe's.

The American ***

Ever thought of just returning the grill and buying another one instead of whining and complaining about the one you have that doesn't work?....grills aren't meant to last forever and in this day and age products like that are MADE to break down quickly so you can just buy another one. Its 2012 *** near and honestly no one really sincerely cares about your trivial issues...especially the guy making $12 an hr who sold you the grill, or the guy at the masterforge call center making $14 an hr to sit there and listen to your whining over nothing. Just return it and get a new one...simple.

I purchased a 4 burner Master Forge grill from Lowe's in April 2011 by July 2011 the green hood became pitted with white spots. Although I clean and then cover after each use the hood remains unsightly. I believe this hood was never designed to withstand the temperatures that grilling produces.I hope Lowe's or Master Forge corrects this and replaces all covers made improperly.

View more comments (54)
Loss

Lowes review in Waterford, Connecticut: We got ***.

We went in to build our kitchen at Lowes in Waterford CT. We went witht he 18 months no interest and asked the store what the minimum payment. The store manager Jennifer Veno, stated that her payment was an approximate number and we told her that we needed the payment to be around a certain amount. She said it should be around that. When we received the bill it was 3x's the amount. There is nothing Lowes or the credit company can do other than if we claim hardship and ruin our credit. Spoke to the general manager who said that the order could be refunded. My husband ripped out our kitchen in anticipation of the order and I am on bed rest with twins. They offered us to come back and redo the process or to come to my house. I would not work with them again and did not know how they would ever manage to build a kitchen for the payment we could afford based what their policies dictated. They could do nothing for us. I will never use lowes again and I am forced to try to figure out how to pay this bill. I don't have the physical energy or resources to attempt another kitchen design. I am so angry at lowes and they have offered us no compensation. DO NOT USE them for any sort of financing or expect the manager to answer questions knowledgeably.

You are an ***. I'm glad you got screwed.

Before you sign your name to anything...you should READ what you are signing and not depend on a sales person to do it for you. If you know the grand total and have 18 months no interest....its easy to figure out what your payments are...take the grand total after taxes and divide it by 18.....YOU DEPEND on a sales person to do your math for you? Come on...you are looking for sympathy for totally unrelated reasons....GROW UP!!

Alan C

The retailers are not finance experts, not even close. The terms and conditions on the credit agreements, in fine print, outline how the payments are calculated.

All the retailers push there free financing promotions; this is not news.

To all of those people that believed we did this to ourselves. We did a lot of research and know what payment we could afford.

That is why we went that route. As for my kitchen that was a safety hazard, cabinets falling off the wall, haphazard electrical, we had no choice. I am not blaming others for my decisions. It was not instant gratifcation by any means, it was the cheapest kitchen we could manage to get safely.

It would be like buying a car and expecting the payments to be one price and then it is another.

We also had the ability to pay for the kitchen in the end and it was a matter of timing to have a safe place for my family to be. Please don't make judgements that don't apply to the situation

@jaibhagwan73@hotmail.com

DON'T WORRY, LOWES CAN'T GET THE MONEY FROM U, LET THEM CALL U AND TRY TO COLLECT IT, IN THE MEANTIME SAVE UP MONEY, IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 2 YEARS TO GET THE MONEY FROM U, IN THE MEANTIME SAVE MONEY AND LATER TRY TO SAVE THE AMOUNT TO GIVE THEM A SETTLEMENT, USUALLY 50 PERCENT OFF THE POSTED AMOUNT. DO A CONSUMER SETTLEMENT, IT WILL BE WORTH IT!

If you can't afford a new kitchen, you shouldn't finance it. Stop living above your means.

Save for it and you won't have to deal with things like this. Instantly gratification isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I'm not familiar with Lowe's return policy but I'm guessing you had a few bills come by before it was up. Even then, they offered you a refund and you refused to take it.

They along with every other appliance retailer have next day delivery.

So I don't see your beef.

Plus you have no business doing those same as cash programs if you can't make the payments, since you'll be hit with all the interest at the end anyways. I know that you're "tired" and "don't have the physical energy" or whatever, but it's a big bad world out there and you shouldn't blame other people for your own poor planning and research.

View more comments (6)
Lowes Manager
Loss

Lowes review in Fort Worth, Texas: Carpet measured wrong in Mothers house.

Last November my mother wanted some new carpet for her living room before Thanksgiving. She check with the local Granbury, Texas Lowes and the carpet was on sale. We asked if it could be installed before Thanksgiving. They told us as soon as it comes in they could install it that week. It came in on a Monday but we never heard from them. I called on a Tuesday or a Wednesday and they would check on it. I never got a call back so I went up there. They didn't get it installed before Thanksgiving. We had a one room measured and was charged for about two rooms. When I called about it they said the installer did this so the installer would not have to put a seam in room. Well, there is a seam in the room. They over charged her. It cost her $1700. to have her living room (one room) carpeted. The carpet was even on sale. We will never do business with Lowe's again. They are a rip-off.

I had a similar problem, but I posted my complaint on Lowe's facebook page and to all my friends and family on Facebook. 24 hours later, Lowes agreed to do the whole carpet project for free.

I definately agree with you. Lowes install services are terrible.

Loss

Lowes review in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: My contractor was told I must have picked up the tub/surround!

I purchased a tub/surround for a rental home we own. I told them my contractor would pick it up. No problem...until he tried to pick it up. First they told him it wasn't in the computer. Couple of days later he went to pick it up again, nope, couldn't find it, I must have picked it up. (I was under the assumption that my guy had the items and work was under way). Couple of days later I get a message that lowes left wanting to know when we were picking up the tub/surround! So, now I'm blaming it on my contractor...nope...he goes over there again, they can't find it, I must have picked it up! So, this time he says "no" let's go look for it. He said they finally found it waaaay in the back, behind a bunch of stuff! So, we finally have the tub/surround, over a week later! I guess it's my fault, I have never made a purchase from this Lowes (Harrisburg, PA), that was correct. I think they must have a "secret" handshake, or code or something that I don't know. I am not a "total" incompetant, my husband and I renovate old houses, so I spend around $20,000/year, mostly at Home Depot. I renovated my own kitchen last year, and spent nearly $30,000. at HD. Everything was perfect, no problems, nothing back ordered. In future I will skip Lowes and just use Home Depot.
Review

Lowes of york sc is dirty crook

On may 6 we purchased new frigidair fridge. Guy asked when did we want it. We replied as soon as possible- the other was broke. Guy said how does tomorrow morning sound-somewhere between 8am-12am. GREAT. Next am comes and goes. No fridge, no call. 2pm arrives. Still waiting. Finally call them. *** lady says: We don't know where they are but if they said they'd be there then they'll be there. 3pm, 4pm, 5pm- deliverer calls-says be there soon. 6pm, 7pm, 7:30 pm fridge arrives.(@ 12 hours of our wasted saturday). When fridge is installed and old one is removed and deliverers left opened fridge and its the wrong one. Same model but with wire racks- not glass. Will never buy from them again.

I took a *** there once and I thought their bathrooms were rather clean. Nice place to stop when you are about to *** yourself.

Get the *** over it. Your lazy *** should have picked it up yourself.

Yeah you said it sister to the tune of 30% of my wages. Whole *** company is full of crooks on the top end and that lazy fat cat Niblock is rolling it in hand over fist..

Oh your complaint I am so so sorry.

Call the store and raise *** and demand half your money back. That always works..

Lowes just slashed all employees salaries. Mine was cut 30%. Why would we stay motivated working for a company that pays their CEO 12sits million a year to cut our pay?

View more comments (3)

Lowes Extended Warranty Useless

Do NOT get an extended warranty for Lowe's lawnmower. We bought a Troy Bilt mower one year ago. This year, it wouldn't start. Called Lowe's and they sent us to a service center 15 miles away - Northern Tool. They charged us $60 and said it was water in the tank and not covered under warranty. Took the mower home and it ran horribly. Sounded like a car in constant rev, so we took it back and they tried again. Brought it home - same problem. Tried to mow the lawn anyway and it died any time there was any exertion on the engine - slight uphill grade, small clump of weeds, etc. Obviously, Northern Tool didn't know what they were doing. Called Lowe's again, and their only solution is to have me take it to another dealer - minimum 20 miles away. They offered nothing in compensation for my $60 or my 90 miles in round trips for incompetent service. Also would not refund my cost of their useless warranty. I live in Atlanta, not the boonies, and there are no "authorized" service centers within 20 miles. Warranty is useless to me.

the epp should have paid for your lawn mower to be picked up at your house BTW.

Your Fuel went bad, always run all fuel out of the mower. Fuel today has a thirty day shelf life.

Northern tool should have suggested replacing your carburetor cause I'm sure that your carb had build up blocking a jet. So technically your fuel was the problem and nothing was wrong with your mower. Thay will cause this a maintenance issue. If you are not going to drain or run all the fual out of your unit then atleast treat the fuel with something like startron additive.

Make sure it gets to the carb. Not even troybilt would warrant this issue.

Just bought a riding lawnmower at Lowe's. They said I had 7 days to decide if I wanted to buy the warranty $199.

That's a lot of money on top of the mower for me.

Should I or sholuldn't I? Any suggestions.

@J. R.

I hope you didn't do it! I have the extended warranty, my lawn tractor has been out for a month now!

I will never buy another mower or warranty from Lowes. In fact, dealing with this extended warranty has almost turned me against Lowes altogether.

Honest4sure is incorrect. The EPP warranty covers all parts and labor that are NOT covered by warranty to begin with as long as the unit is being repaired due to a warrantable ISSUE.

Yes, manufacturer warranties cover most things on repairs, but not all. The EPP also provides for free pick up and delivery on riding mowers. Also, any preventable maintenance parts (ie spark plugs, oil, filters, etc) that you purchase, they will reimburse 20% of that.

In fact, they even compensate you up to like $50 to have your yard mowed while your unit is in repair.

So no, your fuel related issue is not covered, but to say the extended protection is useless is a bit of a stretch.

:grin

If you wanted support, then why are you buying at a "big box store" to begin with? Warranties do not cover fuel related issues...

no matter what you buy. But at least if the unit came from a reputable dealer, it's likely they would have helped you for minimal cost on your part. Hope you learned: FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BUY AT BIG BOX STORES.

(Sears, Homedepot, Lowes, TractorSupply, Walmart, etc. etc.)

IF YOU READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL YOU WILL SEE THAT ALL FUEL RELATED ISSUES ARE NON-WARRANTY....IF YOU PURCHASE AN EXT WARRANTY IT IS JUST THAT, AN EXTENSION OF THE MFG WARRANTY...YOU BEEF IS NOT WITH LOWES OR THE EXT WARRANTY YOUR BEEF IS WITH NORTHERN TOOL THEY DID NOT CLEAN YOUR CARB VERY WELL AND SHOULD OF CORRECTED THERE WORK....

Alan C

Your mower has a 2 year manufacturer warranty. What you paid for was either year 3 or years 3&4.

The plan does ZERO for you under warranty.

You were had. Send an email directly to the Lowes department responsible - epp@lowes.com.

Well no they're not going to refund your warranty after you've already made a claim on it. Also know that manufacturer's warranties are intentionally vague as to avoid responsibility for replacement as much as possible. So I don't buy them.

Sears on the other hand has decent agreements on Craftsman stuff and they actually cover everything...they're a little pricier but worth it

I understand your frustration but if that particular problem isn't covered under the warranty there's not much they can do, I would advise that in the future ask for the warranty brochore, that way you can decide if it's worth buying based on what it's suppose to cover.

Next time get stablizer fluid so your gas stays fresh over the winter

View more comments (10)

Lowes review in Baltimore, Maryland: Furnished me with a bogus estimate

I wanted laminate flooring installed in my kitchen, the kitchen was measured and an estimate was furnished. The estimate was for for 180 sqft my kitchen is 10'x16' and cabinets occupy 36sqft. It is my estimate that the required area would be 140sqft which includes spoilage (10%). In 5 days run around on the phone I was told the measurer was the installer (she isn't), the labor included my $35 I paid for the measure(it was not), the price for the molding was listed as material and much more lying. I decided to go with a company I can trust. You have lost a customer forever. I was shuttle around from the laminate manager, to the estimator, the installer (wh0 hung up on me) to someome named Scott
Lowes Estimate

Lowes review in Beaverton, Oregon: He insulted me and refused to help me.

I Have muching my yard and have spent approx 400.00 dollars on mulch at your Tigard store buying six or seven bags at a time as that is all I can manage in my car. To day when going to your garden dept I could not find a cart to load the mulch on. I spotted a young man stocking potted plants in the isle and asked him where I could find a cart to load the mulch on. His answer was ( They kind of hang out all over ) I asked him if I was to locate one myself he replied ( pretty much ) My eight year old grandson is smarter than that. I then went to your competition and received help gettin the product and also help loading it into the car. I really to not see myself spending much time at Lowes in the future. Wayne Thomas
#1171942

That was a vendor you ***, not a store employee. Grow up.

boo hoo. you had to walk to get your own cart.

Home Depot people seem to do a better job of being helpful, and if they don't know the answer, at least they'll call another employee to help. Lowes guys just act retarded.

Also, Lowes website is down or very slow all the time.

I bought some appliances from them..all had chips and scratches all over them. My choice was take a small discount or wait two weeks for another. I took the discount , but would have rather had appliances without chunks missing.

View more comments (2)

Lowes lies

Wife and I ordered a custom bath vanity from Lowes - cost around $1K. When the contractor who was remodeling the bathroom went to install it he found that we had been sent a 18" vanity instead of the regular 21". After several calls to Lowes they agreed to send the correct vanite and expedite it for a 2 week delivery. 2 weeks came - no vanity! Call to Lowes and the word from the rep was that they never agreed to 2 weeks. It would be another 2 weeks until we got the vanity. What the heck?? 4 weeks for a vanity????? Idiots - never again. We are now at the district rep level and quite frankly I am going to ask for my money back.

It'll just be ANOTHER THREE WEEKS FOR THE THIRD TIME.

Update on bath vanity debacle.

Lowes ordered another vanity for us (2-3 week wait) and even refunded our money. Vanity would be free.

OK - that pretty much makes things right.

BUT WAIT - vanity arrived - it was the correct 21" depth.

BUT IT WAS FOR A DOUBLE SINK!!!

WE ORDERED A SINGLE SINK!!! ARGHHHHHH!

What else can possibly go wrong!

Ya know - I really need the correct vanity - Lowes is just toast in my book.

Signed:

Disgusted in Los Gatos, ca.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Remodeling

Lowes review in Colorado Springs, Colorado: Lowe's Installers and delivery is terrible

Bought a dishwasher from Lowes and they sent someone out to install, A Young guy shows up with his GIRL Fiend in tow. First he wanted to take a hammer to the terracotta floor tile so he could remove the old dishwasher(had no idea there were leveling legs) after i showed him how to do it he pulled the hoses , he then decided he couldn't get them back in the way they were and wanted to strat drilling new holes in the oak cabinets. At this point i finally told him to leave and called the company he worked for. Talked to the owner and he said he would come out and do it himself that afternoon. The door bell rings and who is it ? The same kid that was there before with his girlfriend. I had already ran the hoses through the existing holes (took all of all of 5 min ) So i just told him to go away and I would finish the hook up. Unfortunately it canceled the warranty even though I work with appliances and hook up. But because I did it instead of these Bozos The store said the warranty was not valid.(never did have any problem with it)

Yeah it's never a good idea to have the contracters for Lowes or Home Depot or whatnot come to your house for installs, because you have no idea who's coming as you earned firsthand. Just find someone reliable online where you can read reviews before hiring them. Plus if you are doing multiple items you may be able to haggle a discount

I would demand in writing that a "User Install" voids any factory warrantee. You'll see a lot of huffing around.

Fact is look in your manual for the dishwasher and see that nowhere does it require a "Professional Installer".

The only appliance I have seen that did were gas water heaters.

I installed our dishwasher and there is no such issue. Still have free delivery but no requirement that it is only waranteed if they install it. Sombody gave you a line of ***.

View more comments (1)