Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Baltimore, Maryland: Furnished me with a bogus estimate

I wanted laminate flooring installed in my kitchen, the kitchen was measured and an estimate was furnished. The estimate was for for 180 sqft my kitchen is 10'x16' and cabinets occupy 36sqft. It is my estimate that the required area would be 140sqft which includes spoilage (10%). In 5 days run around on the phone I was told the measurer was the installer (she isn't), the labor included my $35 I paid for the measure(it was not), the price for the molding was listed as material and much more lying. I decided to go with a company I can trust. You have lost a customer forever. I was shuttle around from the laminate manager, to the estimator, the installer (wh0 hung up on me) to someome named Scott
Lowes Estimate

Lowes review in Beaverton, Oregon: He insulted me and refused to help me.

I Have muching my yard and have spent approx 400.00 dollars on mulch at your Tigard store buying six or seven bags at a time as that is all I can manage in my car. To day when going to your garden dept I could not find a cart to load the mulch on. I spotted a young man stocking potted plants in the isle and asked him where I could find a cart to load the mulch on. His answer was ( They kind of hang out all over ) I asked him if I was to locate one myself he replied ( pretty much ) My eight year old grandson is smarter than that. I then went to your competition and received help gettin the product and also help loading it into the car. I really to not see myself spending much time at Lowes in the future. Wayne Thomas
#1171942

That was a vendor you ***, not a store employee. Grow up.

boo hoo. you had to walk to get your own cart.

Home Depot people seem to do a better job of being helpful, and if they don't know the answer, at least they'll call another employee to help. Lowes guys just act retarded.

Also, Lowes website is down or very slow all the time.

I bought some appliances from them..all had chips and scratches all over them. My choice was take a small discount or wait two weeks for another. I took the discount , but would have rather had appliances without chunks missing.

View more comments (2)

Lowes lies

Wife and I ordered a custom bath vanity from Lowes - cost around $1K. When the contractor who was remodeling the bathroom went to install it he found that we had been sent a 18" vanity instead of the regular 21". After several calls to Lowes they agreed to send the correct vanite and expedite it for a 2 week delivery. 2 weeks came - no vanity! Call to Lowes and the word from the rep was that they never agreed to 2 weeks. It would be another 2 weeks until we got the vanity. What the heck?? 4 weeks for a vanity????? Idiots - never again. We are now at the district rep level and quite frankly I am going to ask for my money back.

It'll just be ANOTHER THREE WEEKS FOR THE THIRD TIME.

Update on bath vanity debacle.

Lowes ordered another vanity for us (2-3 week wait) and even refunded our money. Vanity would be free.

OK - that pretty much makes things right.

BUT WAIT - vanity arrived - it was the correct 21" depth.

BUT IT WAS FOR A DOUBLE SINK!!!

WE ORDERED A SINGLE SINK!!! ARGHHHHHH!

What else can possibly go wrong!

Ya know - I really need the correct vanity - Lowes is just toast in my book.

Signed:

Disgusted in Los Gatos, ca.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Remodeling

Lowes review in Colorado Springs, Colorado: Lowe's Installers and delivery is terrible

Bought a dishwasher from Lowes and they sent someone out to install, A Young guy shows up with his GIRL Fiend in tow. First he wanted to take a hammer to the terracotta floor tile so he could remove the old dishwasher(had no idea there were leveling legs) after i showed him how to do it he pulled the hoses , he then decided he couldn't get them back in the way they were and wanted to strat drilling new holes in the oak cabinets. At this point i finally told him to leave and called the company he worked for. Talked to the owner and he said he would come out and do it himself that afternoon. The door bell rings and who is it ? The same kid that was there before with his girlfriend. I had already ran the hoses through the existing holes (took all of all of 5 min ) So i just told him to go away and I would finish the hook up. Unfortunately it canceled the warranty even though I work with appliances and hook up. But because I did it instead of these Bozos The store said the warranty was not valid.(never did have any problem with it)

Yeah it's never a good idea to have the contracters for Lowes or Home Depot or whatnot come to your house for installs, because you have no idea who's coming as you earned firsthand. Just find someone reliable online where you can read reviews before hiring them. Plus if you are doing multiple items you may be able to haggle a discount

I would demand in writing that a "User Install" voids any factory warrantee. You'll see a lot of huffing around.

Fact is look in your manual for the dishwasher and see that nowhere does it require a "Professional Installer".

The only appliance I have seen that did were gas water heaters.

I installed our dishwasher and there is no such issue. Still have free delivery but no requirement that it is only waranteed if they install it. Sombody gave you a line of ***.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes: Do not buy major appliances

On October 18th I purchased brand new major appliances for my newly rehabbed kitchen from Lowe's: refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave. Out of those four appliances, three have broken. A couple of months ago I had someone out to fix the dishwasher. The stove's gas shut-off valve does not work (figured this out after coming home with my newborn to a house full of gas; still have not gotten fixed as I just cannot find the time). On Thursday, April 28th I called Lowe's because my refrigerator had stopped working. Besides losing at least $100 worth of food, I was panicked: I have a four-month-old and work full time; his milk was in the refrigerator. I was told by the Lowe's customer service rep that the earliest appointment she could get me was Friday (the next day). I explained why it was so urgent - she was very nice, sympathized, but still could not help me. It is worth mentioning that I live in a major city (Philadelphia), and it is confusing that as a large company in a major city, Lowe's could not secure someone sooner, especially considering the circumstance. She then explained that I could call the company myself and ask for service that day. Upon calling that company, I was told by them that Lowe's had the wrong information, and they could not perform the work until Monday. I then called Lowe's again, crying, that I could not feed my baby without having refrigeration. Someone different was able to secure service that same day. When the service repairman came to the house, he announced that it would take 7-10 business days to get the part, but that upon shutting off the refrigerator for 24 hours, should magically work. In a major city, and in this day of same-day shipping, I am confused why it would take so long to receive the part. It is worth mentioning that I am still paying off the appliances (almost all broken). It is also worth mentioning that my husband and I, as new parents, also have demanding jobs, which make sitting at home waiting for repair professionals difficult. I lost the following because of the situation: at least $100 worth of food; my baby's breast milk (priceless) and a day of work. I am confused why no one offered to deliver a mini refrigerator to use, especially considering my unique situation with the baby. For anyone that has had a baby, nurses that baby and has to work full-time, they understand how panicky and terrifying it is to lose refrigeration. My house is exactly 2.6 miles away from a Lowe's store; it would have been possible.

We purchased a major brand refrigerator and dryer recently from Lowes thinking they were new products. But gives the problems we are having with both products we are convinced neither is a new products.

Both were manufactured one in 2002 and the other was manufactured in 2003. They were both sold as new, but we believe they are both refurbished because they are not functioning properly.

We have complained and complained, but have gotten little cooperation. We will not be buying another product from Lowes.

Its true everyone wants everything for nothing... buy the *** warranty and you would not have to worry..

and dont be mad at the store they did not build your appliances they were made from another company... its people like you that make sales people not want to come into work in the morning

I was going to try to fully address all of your misperceptions about how these things work, but suffice to say you have unrealistic expectations. A quick rundown

-you should be mad at the manufacturer (name on the appliance) for the poor quality, not the retailer. also, it seems you did not protect yourself with a warranty (would've covered food loss and parts & repair)

-scheduling service under a basic manufacturer's warranty next day would have been EXCEPTIONAL, and a four day wait is pretty average

-nobody gives you floor models to "borrow", they have to sell those later

-there are hundreds of parts for each appliance, so stocking them as close to the customer as appliances would be ridiculously expensive, inefficient, and hard to plan for

-Rent-a-center was made for people like you

-if you buy from someone on an hourly wage, expect a half-assed level of care. Do your homework so you can tell if commissioned people are BSing you and buy from someone honest; they will make sure you're taken care of because they have a reason to! (besides "because they should")

-Bottom line: take care of yourself first, then if someone is willing to go the extra mile, great, but if not, you're prepared.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes screws upmdoor installation. Won't fix the problem.

Purchased a door form Lowes inYork County SC and paid for them to install the door. The door had to be looked at twice and now it won't even close. They cam out took a look and decided it was a faulty installation BUT refused the claim. Now have to do a wild email goose chase and fire off to higher management . What pain.... Door wont even close all the way or lock. This leaves the house vulnerable and subject to anyone entering the house at their will. My dogs even escaped one afternoon and went running amok in the neighborhood. What if they had been hit by a car all because the door won't remain closed? I now have to secure the door by creating a blockade so it wont open. Complete pain in the *** and they're the ones whom installed it.

Area Installation Manager, Regional Installation Manager are the two people to talk to outside of the Store manager.

Lowe's likes dealing on the phone.

Lowes Installation

Lowes review in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Didn't contact me for an estimate

I paid for a floor estimate and it took two week for them to call me. I had to call them and they jerked me around. The sub contractor after measuring the floor never supplied the estimate. I complained and then after a week of calling he said my mositure content was to high to install the floor. Why didn't the sub contractor call the day he proclaimed he found the problem. The reason is clear he was mad I complained about him. I asked for a new subcontractor. I asked Lowe's for the estimate since I paid for it and never received one. Very poor service from the Lowe's store manager flooring sales person and fly by night sub contractors.
Lowes Manager

Lowes review in New York, New York: ON HOLD FOR EVER

CALLED AKED TO SPEAK TO THE LUMBER DEPT. GIRL LAUGHED AT ME WHEN I ASKE TO SPEAK TO THE LUMBER DEPARTMENT SHE SAID SURE IF THE ANSWER WELL GUESS WHAT ON HOLD FOR EVER AND THE LUMBER DEPT DID NOT PICK UP OR THE GIRL COME BACK TO TELL ME THE THEY WOULD NOT ANSWER TRY LOWES MUCH SUPERIOR I SHOP AT THERE BROOKLYN STORE AND I AM AMAZED AT HOW BADLY THE TREAT THE CUSTOMERS I WONDER WHO IS MANAGING AND WHY THEY EVEN PAY THEM AMERICA AT IT'S WORST COULD BE A THRID WORLD COUNTRY WHY BOTHER?

Yes, she was rude, but it's not her fault the people in the lumber department don't answer their phones. Next time ask to speak to the store manager.

S/he can always find someone to help you. All the cashiers can do is keep transferring you and hope someone picks up.

Next time just ask to speak to the store manager. S/he can find someone to help you even if no one in the department bothers to answer their phones.

Because she, like every other person in a call center, put in her two week notice on her first day.

the phones are sometimes broken yet the people up front dont know and will transfer you to a broken phone which will never pick up. Also, they are usually horrendously understaffed so that is why they dont pick up in lumber.

dont' bother with customer care, go directly to their corporate office, 704-758-1000. Maybe if corporate gets enough complaints they will do something about their dismal service in all their stores.

which store in brooklyn? 2nd ave or kings plaza?

2nd ave is the older store and they are VERY busy.

It's not acceptable that you didn't get an answer, but its not a surprise either.

I encourage you to call Customer Care at 1-800-44-LOWES or email them at custcare@lowes.com and voice your concerns.

View more comments (5)

Lowes review in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Delivery

I was told last night that I would get a phone call about my delivery.I never got that call.It is now the next day .And they have the item i brought in stock.The store said some one would call by 9pm.I waitied till 10.00 pm now that is so worng.If you tell some one you going to call you should call so do i sit around all day and wait to see if they show up with it .Not good Lowes .My ref went I have now ref.So i went to your store .I didn't think thier be any problems.
Loss

Lowes review in Steubenville, Ohio: Lowe's salesman lied to us!!!

As a previously satisfied customer, I am extremely dissatisfied with our most recent purchase from our Steubenville, Ohio store. We had gone to Lowes in Steubenville to look at refrigerators. The only way we were going to buy one is if we could get it with no interest or payments for 12 months. In May 2009 we bought our house and came to this same Lowe's store. They offered us the 12 months 0 interest 0 payments for purchases over $299. We purchased about $3500.00 worth of appliances (A Gas Stove, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Washer, Dryer, lawn mower and Outdoor Grill) and then paid it off with our 2009 tax return in February of 2010. Since we were looking for this exact same deal, we specifically asked the Lowe's associate if it was being offered. The same Lowes associate who sold us all of our appliances the previous year, told us that it was the same deal being offered at the time and any purchase we made, over $299.00, qualified for that program. With this great news, I made renovations to my kitchen to accommodate the new, much larger refrigerator. Much to our surprise, we got a bill the next month with a minimum payment of $48.00. There is nothing Lowes will do about it and now I have spent money and put my trust, in a Lowes salesperson, for nothing more than a small refrigerator, in a huge hole, in my kitchen. They picked up the refrigerator this week, on Wednesday April 27th. Its a good thing that we didn't get rid of the old one. I understand that you picked it up and refunded our Lowes card, but a lot of sweat, time and money went into this project just to be severely disappointed in the end. I regret to inform lowes that I will no longer be a customer. And I am also doing everything in my power to involve the media to expose how your salesmen work. Lie to get a sale. I have also put our story on Facebook, Myspace and Twitter to get the word out to our friends and family to let them know not to shop at Lowes. Our impact may be small, but any impact I can make is worth it. The first sale you will lose is the $3000.00 deck we planed on building this summer. Thank you for your time. Jeff and Helen DeMaria

Lmao

I always do this and NEVER have an issue. You must have purchased something that was not on the promotion.

Regardless, you should make monthly payments anyway. Interest continues to accrue monthly. At the end, if the promotion is not paid in full ALL the interest for the year is tacked on. That could cost you 30% more than you paid for the items.

$3500 X 30% is $1050. It is stated in the terms and is visible for anyone to read.

Seems like a minimum monthly payment is the norm and if you're able and choose to pay off before the promotional period ends, you won and made great use of the offer. I've never heard of a "pay zero" until the promotional period ends. Maybe you misunderstood the promotion and Lowes and the sales associate are not at fault.

Your and *** ! no one loans money for 12 mths with no payments !

Lowes did nothing wrong to YOU! Blame the Government because you still got to pay a A minimum payment every month and you're still get the 18 months interest free... So really you're just ignorant because you got to play a little minimum payment of 48 bucks a month interest FREE!

Hello...even with no interest program, you will have a minimum payment...they don't do no payment at all anymore that I'm aware of....so you pay the minimum payment, (still at no interest) and then pay it off when you get your taxes or whatever.

awwww poor thing. suck it up

At lowes on any x number of months on promotion you have a payment this is stated on all promotion signs no interest with payment you people make me sick you don't know how to read.

#820190

If you can't afford a $48 dollar payment each month, I doubt you would have purchased a deck anyways. You're poor.

Maybe Lowes could offer you 0% & no payments ever. Ah, people like you, they walk among us!

Lowe's card through GE bank has never offered a plan with ZERO dollars payment. For all the years I have had it, it has always said all over the place there is a minimum monthly payment.

Aside from that, as much as I've spent at Lowe's - never have I ever seen a possible way to buy as much as you have said for only $3500 but like someone else said - you can't afford $48 but spent thousands remodeling? :x

Dear inslbjd9 (your name should be insipid) - Lowe's is wonderful, and their customer service is excellent. I have bought many items with 0% financing for 18-months at Lowe's.

Never in history has there been such a fantastic deal.

Of course you have to make a small monthly payment - that is written all over the brochures, the signs in the store, and the paperwork you get from GE Money. If you can't afford $48/month, how can you afford a new house and a $3,000 deck?

You can thank your government for this ***...Lowes has nothing to do with it. There is no such thing as zero payments with credit lenders anymore.

Along with that, the credit promotion is not offered through Lowes.

Its offered through GE Money so know what you are talking about. Plus if you "trusted" a retail salesman to know credit law...you are still a ***.

I hate it when people talk about all the media outlets they've contacted about their problem, when it turns out they actually have no idea what they're talking about. And I feel bad for the salesperson, I hope for the sake of your dignity that you haven't given him any grief.

And I don't even see why it matters. Those minimum payments are so small, so if you only made those, you wouldn't come close to paying it off and end up paying all the interest at the end.

So next time DO YOUR *** HOMEWORK before treating people like *** and acting like a spoiled brat.

I think there was a disconnect in communication between you and the salesman; lowes has never offered a 12 month no payment, the promotions are a certain amount of months, in this case 12, interest free payments as long as you pay off the bill in the 12 months, maybe you got confused because the last time you made a purchase you paid off the bill all at once and this time you wouldn't being doing that, but the salesman did not lie to you, you just misunderstood the actual promotion.

Don't know where you plan on shopping, but no one can offer no payments. Try listening to the news or reading a paper once in a while.

Part of the banking and credit reforms included reqiring minimum payments. The problem many people got into is they didn't have the money to pay the bill in full after 12 months and were faced with a HUGE interest charge.

inslbjd9

We are not credit card guru's. this is the only one we have ever had.

We had no idea about this new law. We trusted a Lowes salesmen. who we had bought from before. So yes, the fact is a associate representing Lowes had lied to us.

I am sorry that we are a little old school and trust local people to tell us the truth.

And maybe not like a person who is up and up on all that is going on with credit cards. We have cancelled our card with Lowes and will never deal with a credit card again.

@inslbjd9

Its okay, your just a ***.

@inslbjd9

Well there ya go. Ignorance is bliss...or is it?

You always need to be "up and up" on everything that has to do with your money. Better start saving for that deck......

Its not the fact that Lowes lied to you. Yes, they were offering zero percent financing for 12 months but the new laws with all credit cards is that you must make some sort of a payment each month, otherwise you will be charged the full amount. If you own a Lowes credit card, you would have been informed of this 18 months ago.

View more comments (19)