store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Don't use Lowe's unprofessional, dishonest installers! | Lowes review from Palmer, Alaska

DO NOT use Lowe's garage door opener installers! They are not professionals, are not honest, and Lowe's will be of no help if you have a problem with their work! After 26 years of service, the old garage door opener at my former residence (now a rental) broke. The sprocket that drives the chain broke, leaving the chain hanging. The door would still go up and down just fine, and my tenants, who have motorcycles, used it daily for a little over two weeks. I purchased a top of the line garage door opener at Lowe's, and also paid them to have an installer come put it in. After two weeks of waiting and several calls to Lowe's, the installer met me at the rental. I let him in, and since the tenant was home, I left to go home (1-mile away) and eat dinner. Half an hour later, I got a call from the installer, saying my garage door was "in really bad shape," and that he had to go. This was followed by a call from the tenant, saying the installer had left the door stuck half-way open. I went to the rental to investigate, and found the cables wound/tangled around the axis shaft. I cut the cables in order to get the door shut for the night. The next day, I called Lowe's, and spoke with the woman I'd talked to when I purchased the opener and installation. She stated that I had signed a contract clearing Lowe's of responsibility for any incidental damage to my property. I asked to speak with a manager, and was given the same information in a slightly rude manner. I called a local overhead door company, who came and replaced the cables on the door. I asked them to fix anything else they saw needing attention, since the installer had told me the door was "in really bad shape." They looked carefully at everything, and concluded that the only thing wrong was the cables needed replacing after the installer had released tension on them and not re-wound them properly. I sent an e-mail to Lowe's via their website, and received a reply that I would be contacted via e-mail within 24-hours by the store manager. I was hoping for (at a minimum) a refund of my installation fee, since the repair had cost $25 more than the installation. Four days later, I received a call from the store manager, who took all of my information and said he would investigate the situation and get back to me. This was the last I have heard from anyone at Lowe's, despite a follow-up e-mail and three phone calls to the store. DO NOT use Lowe's installers! They are not professionals, and neither are they honest. I am extremely disappointed in Lowe's, and I will drive across the state before shopping there again.

Lowe's Pro, how long have you been working as an internet spin doctor for Lowe's? That's very cute how you blame the victim for Lowe's installer's wrongdoing.

FYI, and I should have included this in my review, I cut the cables because the installer ran away and wouldn't answer his phone or call me back.

They were hopelessly tangled around the axis bar. The only other option would have been an expensive evening call out from a real professional.

Lowe's covers all installs for up to 1 year unless you do something *** like "CUT THE CABLES" Seriously this is universal no matter who you have install just about anything. Don't cut anything when someone else (a professional) is doing the install or repairing an installation issue. This is common sense.

#320915

I, too, am sorely disappointed with Lowe's installers. I bought a washer and dryer from my local Lowe's store ( in New Bern, NC).

The units were delivered, but the dryer's duct was not long enough. I was told this, and also that the maintenance man at the apartments where I live would have to install finish the installation. The maintenance man did, and he had to go and buy a longer one. I went to Lowe's and talked to the manager there, who told me that this was all the installers were required to do.

I asked him what I was supposed to do if the apartments' maintenance man had not been willing to do it, and he told me that in that case I would have had to hire someone to finish the installation.

I told him that this is shoddy service and I would never darken the doors of Lowe's again. He simply said, "Okay." He was also somewhat terse and rude with me.

View more comments (2)
Service
Lowes Installation

They damaged my car! | Lowes review from Eugene, Oregon

the were loading a chest freezer into my car and just tossed it in and broke off the rear plastic interior panel in the back of my trunk the guy di not seam to care much luckly i found a replacement part cheap at B&R Auto Wrecking. they do sell decent stuff though :) the holiday 5.0 chest freezer has been good and not to loud we got it a few weeks ago and it holds alot of food sorry im ramebling i guss it makes use have 100 words on here i think lowes is okay but should of offered to fix my car

I'm laughing at your complaint and here's why:

#1. They were loading a CHEST FREEZER into your CAR. FREEZER ... CAR. Is it duh or no duh?

#2. "They do sell decent stuff though, smiley emoticon." Who does, Lowes or the junk yard?

Okay, stay with me here.

#3. You're freezer is "good, not to loud and holds a lot of food". How did we get here?

#4. So you still think Lowe's is okay but they should have fixed your car ... that you ALREADY fixed? At this point, why? It's over and done with thanks to B&R Auto Wrecking.

Just quickly--look at my comment. I use commas, periods, and general grammar correctly. One hundred words or not, your complaint was just one big, confusing, messed-up, run-on sentence.

Service
Lowes Replacement

Lowes Rebate Ploys

Lowes has a history of not paying rebates or sending bonus items. The consumer threads are full of disgruntled customers. Often stores hire companies that get paid depending on how much money they can save a chain by beating people out of the rebates they were promised. This has been the subject of litigation which has resulted in customers receiving their losses back. If you did not get a rebate from Lowes, call my cell at 201-926-9200 or email jsantoli@santolilaw.com with your tel no and the details. We are bringing claims to get customers their rebates and rebate items. Jos. Santoli, Esq.

Water ace pump no good | Lowes review from Willimantic, Connecticut

I purchased a brand new pump for my new well i had installed.. upon instalation the pump worked for approx. 1 minute and shut off.. I checked all my valves and pressure tank and wiring to make sure that there was nothing wrong with those areas and they were all find.. my last resort was to take out the pump and check that and to my surprise it wasn't working correctly.. I called Lowes to see if i could exchance for another pump and I was told that they discontinued that pump 9 months ago and that I would have to contact the manufacturer directly.. Now as I sit here with no water, i am extremely pissed and the water ace company better go good for their no good product.. I have two small kids and no water.. It's about 90 degrees here and water would be nice!!! Sincerely pissed off customer in way upstate NY (Plattsburgh) Roger M.

It doesn't sound like you installed the pump as soon as you bought it. I don't understand how people expect a store to exchange products they bought months or years ago.

Vendors may discontinue an item or they may change their line up of stocked items. Next time wait till you are going to use a product before you buy it.

Lowes has treated me like a king over the years. I special ordered 8'garage doors when i should have ordered 9' doors.

My fault and the corrected with no extra charges.

I dont work for Lowes or own their stock. I hate Home Depot thou.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes has the worst possible customer service.

Their returns associate Luz in Austin Texas was extremely rude. Her attitudes need total revamping. I was shocked how she was yelling at me for a return that was within 40 days of purchase, had receipts and product codes in order!!!! If they want customers to return products within a week, they should say so on their receipts and not advertise a return policy of 90 days!!! Lowe's associates need a total customer service training and paradigm shift. They ensure total customer dissatisfaction. Throughout my life I have always shopped at lowe's -- As of now, I am never shopping at Lowe's again!!.

I agree, Lowe's customer service is terrible! I too was treated rudely over the phone by a Lowe's employee. I have spent thousands of dollars in their stores, but in the future it will all be going to their competitors.

I've had no problem with customer service at my Lowes in Eastern NC. In fact when I found out that there is a 10% military discount (retired Marine) I mentioned that I had bought over $2400.00 worth of home improvement items over the past 6 months the clerk told me to bring in my receipts and he would give me the discount.

I did...

and she gave me $240.00. No problems at all here!

Lowes has a history of not paying customers their product rebates. If you have had this happen call my cell at 201-926-9200 or email me at jsantoli@santolilaw.com.

We are bringing claims to get customers their rebates.

Jos. Santoli, Esq.

And no Lowes employee will loose any sleep over you not shopping there anymore. When one customer leaves MANY others join.

Regardless of how much money you use to spend at their stores you will not hurt their market share by leaving because they are a CORPORATION. Point being, you will not be missed.

View more comments (3)
Review

I can't get throu to the store on the enternet | Lowes review from Mesa, Arizona

I have been tryiny to contact the lowes store in Surprise Az throu the enternet and get a message that i am trying to perform a malicious act. I don 't understand this please contact me by my e mail jimgranack@yahoo.com I do a lot of shoping there and try to get the prices over the enternet first PLEASE HELP ME jim Granack. It happens on all you stores thruo out the country not just this store. i have tried lowes.com and other points of entrey but none allows me to the individual store that i request
Review

Bad carpet -- terrible customer service/warranty | Lowes review from Lake Mills, Wisconsin

Had Lowes commercial carpet installed by their people in my rental property. It's only 2 years old and its unraveling in every room and coming apart at seams. Got run around from obnoxious man who claims to be installed sales manager. He made 3 appointments and did not show. Had me wasting time waiting for him. No apology, He asked if the tenants had pets. I said they are not supposed to. He eventually denied the claim on his guess that tenant had a pet who damaged the carpet! Ugh. Not surprisingly, the carpet is discontinued. Will not buy carpet there again, So glad I did not purchase their patio doors.

Lowes is a nightmare, had services from hd, no prob, lowes nightmare from get go

Installers were clueless and unprofessional.

I thought there were plenty of people looking for jobs? Apparently not.

Also - wrong carpet was ordered by Lowe's salesperson, we then waited for several weeks for it to arrive and the installers carried PURPLE carpet into my house - dealing with the Lowe's staff is a nightmare. Last time.

Him failing to show up as scheduled is a terrible move. Customer appointments are the lifeline to handling all sales calls. Both prospective and issue handling.

I though to caution you that in the flooring business it will always be hard to have a claimed filed and awarded when it comes to dealing with Property Management situations.

If you are looking for quality serice find a Sherwin William in your area that handles flooring. Trust me they exist and are the best in the business in handling Property Management. They do not do residential, only multi family, new construction and property management.

Going back though to the issue at hand is always be mindful in what you are purchasing and make sure the individual you are speaking with knows what they are talking about and not just trying to sell you.

Good luck in the future and have a great day!

View more comments (2)
Review

Defective refidgerator and horrible/rude service! | Lowes review from Yuma, Arizona

I bought a rather expensive stainless still fridge from Lowes and from the beginning, it didn't make ice. Lowes would not provide any assistance and at one point, the manager (Yuma Arizona store) approached me and through intimidation basically said there was nothing they would do and to go through the manufaturer. Two years later, I was FINALLY able to get the manufacturer to refund my money! The time and energy wasted arguing with Lowes was enough to for me to never purhcase an item from them and to tell others to go elsewhere. Home Depot or a community store is now my choice of stores.

So it's not my imagination! Judging from what I've found here and elsewhere on the internet, Lowe's managers are routinely rude to customers.

I thought I was somehow special. I'll drive 1,000-miles to their competitors before going into their store.

Maintenance agreement | Lowes review from Caledonia, Michigan

I bought a maintenance agreement $330.00 from lowes for a $3000.00 mower. in a year and 10 days the mower failed. The contract service people have had tne mower for a month. Lowes service people say this is acceptable! There is nothing they can do. What do you think? All my phone contacts with Lowes 800 number left me pissed. The same story there is nothing we can do,I talker to three levels of management,same response "nothing we can do". I will never buy a maintenance agreement on any Lowes product again. Would you buy one?

Lowe's doesn't stand behind the work their contractors do, and their contractors use this to get away with substandard work. I will always hire a real professional after my experience with their garage door opener installer who broke my garage door!

Damaged my floor/wall during a delivery. | Lowes review from Grapevine, Texas

One month ago I purchased a front load washer from our local Lowes. The next day my machine was delivered. During the delivery a wall and my floor was damaged and the machine was making this god for awful noise! It sounded like a wrench was inside the machine banging on the glass during a wash! I contact a mgr and was told someone would be back to my home that afternoon. No One ever showed. Called the next day and same result. Finally I got some action after literally going to the store and showing my butt! I was told that a claim had been filed with their insurance (SRS) and that they would be contacting me with 48 hrs. They did. I was asked to summit a statement and estimate by fax. I had it for them in two days. After not hearing from them in two weeks I call to check on my claim and was told that I had been forgot about that it was a good thing I called. I was told that they wanted somebody for them to come out and check my damages that they wanted a estimate from someone that wasn't related to me or would be byass to me. My estimate was from my brother-n-law that has been installing floors for 24 years. I asked before getting the estimate from him if it would be ok but yet now it wasn't. There has now been 3 people in my home taking pics, doing measurements,etc and yet they want a now 4th person to come! It's like they think if they keep dragging me alone that I will finally just say forget it. I was told that this is a one time incident that I am the first person to ever complain about their services. Well from doing a google search I'm not the first by no means! needless to say I will never do business with any Lowe's again and as of yesterday I have started consulting a lawyer on this matter. The sad thing about it, is that this should have never gone this far. I just want my floor fix. thank you for your time.

My mom purchased a new side by side refrigerator with warranty. Lowes delivery did not install icemaker line appropriately and four rooms of her house were flooded.

It took an adjuster one week to show up and everyone one U talked to from the store manager to the adjuster kept saying they were going to expidite my claim. It has now been almost two weeks since the adjuster came out and no word from them.

Multiple calls and no word. Hiring an attorney today.

I had a washer and dryer installed.. they forgot to hook up the drain hose...

not did they test before leaving me and giving me the okay to run... well i had massive water damage to my townhouse.. the sales/mangers... very quick to respond...

SRS very quick to respond but the *** from Custard insurance... I had to track him down nearly 2 weeks later.. he wouldn't submit his report until he got my contractor's estimate... of course ridiculously lower...

and i was persuaded to get a second estimate which was in the same ballpark as the first... it is nearly 3 months later... and no settlement yet... they think they can damage the home and then tell the contractor's what they will pay...

I still have to pay the contractor's prices... tired of it all.

Lowe's seems to have a strategy of pretending to process your claim and dragging things out. They know that most people will get tired of the hassle and will give up.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately the first thing that we checked was to see if the shipping screws had been removed and they had.

I can't say that before this incident we had ever had a problem with Lowe's either, but this was my first time making a large purchase with them and having something delivered.

I did find out that the gentleman that was the main one doing the installing of my washer is no longer there. That day was his last due to other unrelated issues so maybe I am just a victim of someone being hurt,mad and angry over his job and just didn't care!

Kawanda B

@Bridgetdoty. I am sorry to hear that Lowe's damaged your floor and wall.

I purchased a front load washer and dryer from one of my local Lowe's back in March this past year. I had them delivered but not installed. When I went to wash my first load after we installed both appliances ourselves....I heard the same type of noise that you mentioned, and after investigating we realized we had to remove the shipping parts that were located in the back of the washer. They (manufacturer)place them there prior to shipping to ensure that nothing gets damaged.

Hope this helps!!! By the way I've had only positive experiences with all 3 Lowes in my area; in fact I purchased a new stove prior to purchasing my washer and dryer. A week later the same stove was on sale offering 10% off, so I called the manager to see what my options were. I was advised to bring my receipt and I would get that 10% back so I did.

My ADVICE is to be pro-active in your pursuit of receiving compensation in reference to the damages that were made in your home. Good Luck :)

View more comments (4)