Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Capital, Illinois - Lowe’s rebates are a scam

1.5
Should have received $40 and $10 gift cards from sherwin williams paint rebate said that it couldn’t verify my purchase even though I entered the receipt information correctly. Also unrelated but I have purchased a brand new riding mower that when they sent did not run right at all. They replaced with another one that also does not run right. Needless to say I will no longer be shopping at Lowe’s.

Did you ever think that there might be user error if 2 mowers don't run right? Did you put oil in them?

Are you using fresh fuel rather than gas that has been sitting around for a long time? Are you using the choke properly?

Lowes in South Bend, Indiana - Lost rebate from email

Don't know what happened, one day I had it on my email, next day it was gone. Now there is no way to get this rebate reissued.

This happened to us twice. The first time we thought we deleted. The 2nd time, we had it in a separate folder so it would not get accidentally deleted, and it disappeared

What happened is that you deleted the e-mail they sent you. Why are you blaming them for your actions? Grow up and take responsibility for what you do rather than blaming others.

Lowes - Terrible customer service

Our dishwasher failed while we were away and caused a flood in our home. We reported the loss to our insurance company and went to Lowe's to purchase a new dishwasher. During the purchase we were convinced to purchase an extended 5 year protection plan. We told the representative that we would have to wait for installation until renovation in our house was done. He told us to call when we needed the dishwasher. In December I told Lowe's to deliver. They promised a December 21 date. they never called and never delivered. I went to the store and they promised that delivery would be the next day, December 22. They never called and never delivered again. Subsequently, I discovered that they delivered our dishwasher to somebody else who had ordered the same model. In frustration at this comedy of errors, I called and spoke with the first employee who seemed to know what he was doing. He promised a delivery on December 27. I was surprised when Lowe's showed up on December 24 and delivered the dishwasher.The renovation contractor told me not to install yet. They would install when they removed the old one. The Lowe's screw-up scenario continued when,on December 27 Lowe's delivered a second dishwasher. To see how long it would take them to realize their error I decided to wait. After 6 weeks I recognized that Lowe's incompetence would never end and I called them to pick up the second dishwasher. However, the Lowe's debacle had not ended. When the renovation contractor was ready to install the dishwasher we discovered it was defective. I called Lowe's again and they delivered on March 19 a new, working one and took back the defective one. Story ended? No, the last part of Lowe's great customer service had yet to be enacted. They informed me that the 5 year protection plan I purchased in September started the clock running and thus even though the dishwasher was not delivered and installed until late March they would not change the plan start date. Thank you, Lowe's, you just screwed me out of 6 months of purchased protection.

It's not their fault that you waited 6 months to install the dishwasher. You screwed yourself out of 6 months of protection by making the purchase 6 months before you needed the product.

The 5 year extended warranties are a gyp in the first place. Chance are nothing would go wrong with the dishwasher during the 5 years anyway.

Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Albuquerque, New Mexico - Disappointed

ordered a bath counter top in Jan 2019...It is now April 2019...Never did get the counter top...All they did was credit my account, so now I have to get my money back from the bank and find a new counter top.... no one really cared, now its home depot from now on. If you do any business with lowes, do it at your own risk....

Lowes issued you a refund. What else do you Want Lowes to do?

@Anonymous

Why does it take 4 months for them to realize that they cannot get it. You will be much better off going to a company that can tell you how long it will take to get.

Lowe’s shipped 4 cracked ,chipped sinks to our customer before she got one in decent shape.

It’s been my experience not to buy anything you want to last from Lowe’s or Home Depot the quality isn’t there. Spend a little extra and go to a Plumbing supplier.

@AbidingChameleon354

Why would a customer wait 4 months to request a refund? As you say the sinks were "shipped" it doesn't sound like they were delivered from the store.

Were they shipped via UPS or other carrier from the manufacturer? In any case they normally come in a box that encloses the sink.

Most stores aren't going to open boxes as all too many customers would make a stink about the product being in open box and want a discount claiming it was a returned or used product. These problems can happen at any retail store you buy from.

@Anonymous

your an ioditType your message here

@Anonymous

What a Rube! He doesn't even know how to spell the word "idiot"...........................................

Lowes doesn't manufacture the countertop. Unfortunately their manufacturer didn't follow through and ship your top.

What did you expect Lowes to do? Did you think they should keep you money and say "tough luck"? Sounds like they did the right thing and issued a refund. Refunding you purchase in the form it was paid is pretty standard at any retail store.

If you look at Home Depot's complaints (or any other retailer) you will find that things go wrong at other stores as well. Good luck with your next order.

@Anonymous

Don’t purchase anything that you need to last at Lowe’s or Home-depot.

Lowes Cabinet Installation
Problem with delivery
$2000

Lowes in Decatur, Alabama - Pissed customer

Update by user May 31

I took the blind that I bought back and was told that he didn't have time to cut me another blind. He went to help another customer.

When I called about the blind. I was told I would be called right back and I waited 2 to 3 hours and had to goo back up to the store.

Every customer should be treated with respect, and when they tell anyone something it should be honored. Very unhappy about the way I was treated

Original review posted by user May 01

I was told several times and by two people, that I would be called back, never got a call back at all, so I went back up there, and was told by an employee, that they didn't have time to fix my problem, They need to get employees that care about their customers and call back when they say they are going too, I have spent a lot of money in Lowes within the past year, and I deserve to be treated with respect
Product
Blinds To Go Blinds
Cons
  • No employees that care about customers
Damaged or defective

Lowes in District 3, Mississippi - Sorry male employees

I went to Lowe’s today. To get 10 bags of concrete. There were about 3 male Lowe’s employees helping people load their vehicle. I was beside the concrete assuming they would help me also. They all walked back in the store. After waiting and no one came back out. I go in the store and asked for help. Go back out and wait. No one came. I had to load 800# of concrete by myself. Being a female getting close to 60 years old. It was difficult. I am writing this as I lie in bed with muscle spasms.

Did you go speak to them, oh wait you just stood there and expected them to read your mind. walk over to them and and ask them to help next time!

Many times the loaders have multiple people waiting. So if they didn't ASSUME you needed help before the rest of the universe we should fire them.

Sorry but their job is not to just be on standby for anyone. Yes they are hired movers but they do what their bosses tell them to do.

In your case you saw the contractor crew. They load contractors loads and not regular retail customers. As was pointed out previously, how were you going to move all that concrete once you got home? Let me guess, you would have needed help then too?

If you are whining because you had to do for yourself then you are the problem. The employees are not your personal slaves. They do not owe you extra customer services in the form of moving or assistance with moving. You are supposed to be a adult.

If you are indeed a female approaching 60 then why did you not bring a younger male to assist you? Why is it the retailers responsibility to move your purchase? You made all the choices here.

Why is it everyone’s fault but yours? At what point do you admit that you did this to yourself and are just mad that you were held accountable for the choices you made?

@Anonymous

My husband and I have a Plumbing company. And I was taking it to a job where it was to be unloaded by some one other than my self.

If the store had had 40 or 60# bags it wouldn’t have been a problem.

I did ask for help look at paragraph 3. And by the way I AM a contractor.

Several problems with your complaint. Did you bother asking for help?

You are shopping at a big box discount store, not a full service store. What did you do with the concrete once you got it home?

Is it still sitting in your vehicle? If you are able to move a product once you get it home you should be able to move it at the store as well.

@Anonymous

If the store had had 40 or 60# bags it wouldn’t have been a problem. I did ask for help look at paragraph 3.

@AbidingChameleon354

Should have sent one of your employees if you can't handle the product.

Lowes Customer Care

Lowes in North Augusta, South Carolina - Learned our lesson

Lowes is less than half a mile from our home, but we have learned our lesson.Go To Home Depot. For the second time on a big ticket item, Lowes fell short. The North Augusta store doesn't seem to have anyone in any department who knows anything. Go to Home Depot, and the have knowlegable people ready to help in any way they can. We won't waste our time going to Lowes. We will travel the extra miles to go to Home Depot.
Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes in Genoa, Michigan - Filled out rebate online, nothing happens when click "submit"

Been trying for days to submit the 11 percent stuff, have 5 receipts. Nothing happens when I click submit. Double checked today on to see status, nothing, so the ones ive been trying to submit aren't being received. purchase date 4-22-19, today is 4-28-19, so ive tried like 6 times now. Lowes in general seems to be going downhill, at least my store is. Very dirty store anymore & staff like a rotating door last few months. BTW im a long time customer who flips houses, only use lowes mostly for the 5% off credit card. Got to admit we are becoming pretty tired of the un-knowing staff these days, store is run-down, and now this rebate submission hassle particularly after reading other dis heartening stories.

THEY'RE AS DISHONEST AS THE CHARLATAN SCAMMERS FROM NIGERIA!

Submit using CHROME search engine and it should work. I was having the same issue and when I used CHROME it worked.

GloomyFox371
#1681953

I have indeed called. The rather uncaring /casual about it customer service guy says lots of people have been having this problem, just keep trying.

I asked for how to send it in, he gave me a link to a form, and then said don't send it till the deadline is getting close. the link will work eventually.

So I have tried about 40 times since. Im thinking there must be a purposeful delay, so they don't get swamped with these, I don't know.

call their customer care

If you would read their FAQs section you would see that it says it could take up to two weeks from the time you submit a rebate online for it to appear under Rebate Status. It took about two weeks for mine to appear and they did yesterday.

Yesterday it said it was processing and today it says rebate sent. That's a *** of a lot quicker than rebates I've submitted to other companies!

@Anonymous

If you read what was said. They couldn’t submit it.

Same thing for me this morning. I have everything filled out and when I click "Submit" absolutely nothing happens. I have several receipts to enter and looking for a solution.

rebate

Lowes - Screwed out of rebate

4.2
Purchased two storm doors from Lowes on 3/20/19 during the 11% rebate program. Submitted the 11% rebate request online that same day. Total eligible receipt after discounts was $759.92. Just got our "rebate" back in the amount of $.75. We spend way too much money at Lowes for this kind of BS.

Were the doors in stock? Did you have them installed? If you look at the fine print on their rebate form you will find that special ordered products and installations are items not included in their rebate.

Lowes Rebate
Pros
  • Local store personnel are great
Cons
  • Online customer service are unresponsive
Rebate not correct
Preferred solution
I want my correct rebate

Lowes - Rebate scam

After purchase of large amount of floor tile my receipt claimed to file a rebate , which I did. Now lowes claims it does not qualify but the receipt or the sales person never said so during the purchase. After years of shopping at lowes I have made my last purchase. Your company should be ashamed to be a part of a scam.

When applying for a rebate or warranty anywhere, not just lowes, ALWAYS read the fine print. as a customer we are responsible for making our purchases.

Was the floor tile in stock or did you have to order it? If you read the fine print on the rebate form you will see that special order items are not included in their rebate.

Review
#1521956 Review #1521956 is a subjective opinion of poster.