Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: The most unreliable, incompetent and rude people

2.7
if i could i would give less then 1 star. They are TERRIBLE!!!!! worst worst worst services ever. Between the incompetence of their customer service, to the totally careless of the store (the Aramingo store in Philadelphia) to end to their delivery service, where they just deliver at ground floor but they don't tell you until they arrive. I ordered a pergola and a patio set for my rooftop, meant to be delivered on a Thursday all together,it changed at Friday until i received a call from the store (Aramingo) stating that they didn't know when my furniture would be delivered, to note that i travel a lot so i planned accordingly, included taking a day off to receive the furniture. Ended the conversation with this rude lady i called customer service. At that point i spoke with a lady who told me that i would receive the pergola that Thursday and the patio furniture the next day.She also sent me the tracking number (very funny the store didn't have any information). I was very surprised since i did a truck delivery that actually was fedex but after confirming with this lady multiple time that i would have received a call prior the delivery and that everything was arriving at my house i ended the call. Note, i leave in a house so i need to receive the delivery otherwise they could get stolen. After a few hours i received a notification that my patio furniture where delivered, no one called me. SO i had to run from my office and start arguing again with those incompetent people. At the end of a long call, where this person was keeping losing time apologizing (i need solution not apologies) i found out that actually the patio was delivered actually at the store but they couldn't fit me for the delivery on Friday, until after i ask to cancel my order multiple time suddenly they found the spot for me. but is not done yet! my pergola, this guys apparently didn't have any information, well guess what? i did, his colleagues previously gave me all the tracking, and i'm thinking how is that possible? 1 person has it and the other doesn't?can they be so terrible? i had to cancel the order, but once again you think the worst is done? and actually no!!! this morning (the day of the delivery) i received another call from the rude lady at the Aramingo store stating that they don't deliver on the rooftop and she told me if i wanted to have them up on my rooftop i should have carry on everything by myself or cancel the order. So, if a delivery company who does half of the job...interesting...well never never again!!!! no wonder why those company are being destroyed by Amazon. i'm so embarrassed for them and for how bad is they service, go somewhere else if you want a reliable service. and they state Lowe's home improvement, here the only thing i see need to be improved are the services they offer.
Review
Cons
  • Poor or nonexistent customer service clerk beyond disrespectful
  • Unbelievably poor service
Poor customer service
Price reduction
Tags
  • Unprofessional Staff
  • Dismissive To Customers

Lowes review: Poor service Rip off!!!

My 23 month old LG fridge went out May 15th. Technician sent out 6 days later on May 21st who ordered a part. Service is supposedly scheduled for June 4th. Three weeks for repair is unacceptable service! Never will I purchase another appliance through Lowe’s!

Did you purchase the extended warranty plan? If you had you would be eligible for a loaner unit.

Did you ever think the problem might have been that you bought an imported product that doesn't have the service network that domestic products have? Do you really think the warranty repair time would have been different if you had purchased an LG product elsewhere?

Lowes review in Conroe, Texas: Delivery Joke

Never mentioned delivery time, got a phone call stating they were 10 minutes away and I told the guy I was out in the field working and he said he would reschedule but gave me no time frame or date. Told him I get home @ 5:00 pm every day. Got a message on my phone to call Lowes and set delivery time and date called and was on hold for appx 20 to 25 minutes and then was hung up on, called back and the same thing. Called the next day and was on hold again for 20 to 25 minutes and again was hung up on, tried one more time and finally, someone answered and I told her I need my washing machine and I get off work @ 5:00. She replied can only schedule for Sat between 0:900 and 1:00 pm, I told her Gallery Furniture will deliver up to 10:00 pm 7 days a week and she laughed. Now I am pissed and told her to cancel my order and give me my money back, waisted my memorial day weekend end to buy a washing machine that I really needed that day but was willing to wait a day or two but not a week which is a joke. Lowes warehouse is located in the Greenspoint area and I live in Tomball. I was impressed they did give me a 10% military discount which Homr Depot struggles to do and I swore Lowes will only be the place to shop from now on but now that has changed as I am a man of principle, I don't jerk my customers around and do whatever it takes to get it done in a timely and affordable manner and the customer comes first. I don't see this with Lowes, no service or communication after the sale.
Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes review: Delivery of Craftman riding mower

Was told to expect a call between 4 and 8. No call now I was told will call after 10pm, Still no call. What time will I expect delivery?

You can expect your delivery when the truck pulls into your driveway and they take it off the truck. If you need it sooner rent a truck or trailer and pick it up at the store.

Lowes Delivery Service
Problem with delivery

Lowes review in Center, Indiana: Rebate Ripoff

3.5
Spent over 2,000 dollars on appliances. Submitted rebate same day...in February 2019. Told me the appliances were not compliant for rebate...which is not true. Told me I had to resubmit everything which I did. After I resubmitted everything I was told they couldn't pay because it took 6 weeks to process through their system so now it was past the rebate time constraints. I will never shop Lowes again. I have NEVER had a problem with Menards rebates. That is where I will shop from now on.

If you are talking about the 11% rebate, appliances are excluded from that promotion.

I MAKE IT A PRACTICE NOT TO BUY ANYTHING THAT HAS A REBATE THAT I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SENDING IN. IT'S NOT WORTH ALL OF THE HASSLE. THE WHOLE REASON THAT THEY HAVE REBATES IN THE FIRST PLACE INSTEAD OF JUST LOWERING THE PRICE IS BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT THEY AREN'T GOING TO BE PAYING OUT A GOOD PERCENTAGE OF THE ONES THAT ARE SUBMITTED.

If you never have problems at Menards why didn't you buy your appliances there?

Hop over to the posts about Menards. Just take a look at how many complaints there are about their rebates. Seems like no matter where yow shop, rebates can be a problem.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Rebate
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes review in Canton, Ohio: Fencing installation protocol-HORRIBLE!

I just bought a house an needed a fence for my five dogs. I explained this to the Rep several times during his visit April 23, 2019. He measured, gave me the price, took my payment and when I asked when I could expect installation-the end of May was his reply. They give you three days to change your order or cancel. About a week after the visit, I received a mailing stating installation would be the week July 14th! Very upset with this date. Then about a week later I received a phone message stating my installation date is August 4th!!!! They take your money, supposedly they ordered the product and received it May 11th and sit on it for three months!!! I call BS!! I will never set foot in a Lowe’s store again. I wonder when I will actually get my fence.

A lot of the issue comes from the salesperson not being honest with the customer. They are there to sale and make a quota.

I am pretty sure the installers tell Lowe’s about their schedules. The customers go by what they are told via Lowe’s and it eventually looks bad towards the installer.

Installers do not get paid until the install has been done. Only Lowe’s gets paid.

That's why you go to a company that specializes in fences. Lowes orders the materials then hunts for a subcontractor to do the installation. As you found out they often have a hard time finding a contractor readily available to do the installation at the prices they are willing to pay.

Lowes Fence Installation
Order processing issue

Lowes review: Customer service

On May 24, 2019 WE BOUGHT 25 CU FT WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR, ITEM 876294 RRS 8555SIH2, from Lowes store #1644 in Milledgeville, Georgia. the appliance was delivered on May 26, 2019 to our lake house in the area. THE SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD, 5 STARS on May 28, 2019 we went to Lowes store # 2232 on Fairington Road, our residence area. we wanted to buy 5 years extended warranty for the appliance. One associate could not help, another associate told me to go to the store in Milledgeville. When I objected she did some entries in the computer and charged my Lowes credit card $189.97. She produced a receipt which did not have any reference to the appliance or my name When I asked for receipt that shows reference to the appliance and the full record, she told me to call warranty coverage for help. I asked for a manager. the manger MR Zola Davis did not seem interested in understanding or solving the problem, and went fast into hiding, VERY BAD SERVICE. VERY BAD REPRESENTAION, 0 STAR. Finally I was helped by sales associate MS DORA MAPP, she was VERY HELPFUL and called warranty coverage and asked them to connect the warranty to the appliance. She was told it will be done the next day. I hope so !!!!!!

If you are going to buy a service plan from a store it is best to purchase it along with the appliance to avoid confusion. Did you register your manufacturers warranty on-line? Often the manufacturer will offer a service plan at a lower price than you would pay a store.

@Anonymous

99.9% of the time it is a bad idea to buy any kind of extended warranty or service plan from a store. Why not just put the money that you would have spent on the service plan into the bank and if something ever goes wrong you can use that money for the repairs?

Lowes Customer Care
Poor customer service

Lowes review in Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario: Servicing/repair of lawn mower

I had purchased Remington Lawn mower in mid 2018 from one of your store. It was used only 2-3 times that year. This year the mower is not starting. I do not know if it is still under warranty as am not able to locate its guide/handbook. Can it be serviced for using again. Thanks
Lowes Lawn Mower Repair
Bad quality
Loss
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes review in Oneida, New York: Bad customer service

Update by user May 27

nothing at all

Original review posted by user May 26

recently tried to buy a husqvarna riding lawn mower. we found a sale in one store, but were told they did not have it in stock as it was a "non stock" (clearance) item. went to another store that did have the same item, yes it was "non stock" there as well, but they were only willing to give the current sale price, not the clearance price...contacted customer service and was told, that yes they were supposed to honor the clearance price from the other store. gave them the details.. when all was said and done, they refused to honor the sale price due to the first store not having it in stock..ummm why would i be shopping around if the first store had the item i was looking for? they lost $2000 in sales today, plus all future sales (we own our own home and do our own repair work) for a lousy $400.. not good business in my book.. i even told them i would be shopping at home depot from now on, and they didnt care..totally disgusted and will no longer shop there.

It's easy to offer a low price on an item you don't have. You should have checked the price before driving to another store.

If you were selling something would you mark your price down because someone who didn't have the item said they would sell it for less?

I will agree with h.kitchener about buying lawn tractors from a dealer. You will get a better quality product from someone who can actually offer service if you need it.

Susan S
@Anonymous

the point is, that by not honoring the price, they have lost business both current and future and they don't care. good customer service means nothing to them

@Susan S

If you were a store manager would it bother you to loose business that didn't bring any profit to your store? Managers earn bonuses based on how much profit the store makes, not how many customers come through the door. You are dealing with a store manager that is smart enough to know that they will be able to sell the tractor for the price they are asking rather than discounting it $400.

@Anonymous

Again..customer service advised that it is the policy to honor another branch "non stock" sale price at a different branch if it is in stock, however, they do not have to honor the "non stock" sale price if the original branch is out of stock on said item. this is the issue..it is on the clearance rack at all stores but not at the clearance sale price.

the point is, honoring the price, they have lost business both current and future and they don't care. good customer service means nothing to them.

Machele

Maybe you got lucky in not being able to buy a husqvarna riding lawn mower. From what I have read, they have some reliability issues.

You would get a much better lawn tractor by wandering over to your local John Deere dealer---not a big box store that sells John Deere---and buying one from them. I have had JD machines for decades and currently am down to but three of them. Very reliable; the dealer takes care of any problems; and with proper care will last years and years.

When you buy from a dealer you come first if any problems arise, not the guy who bought one from a big box store. All sorts of sizes and capabilities and all made much better than any other brand.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Deal
Cons
  • Dont care about good customer service all about the money
Not as described/ advertised

Lowes review: Incompetent fence installation

Had a stick built wood fence installed in December 2018. Recently a whole section fell apart. I called them and they repaired it. Today I noticed a few more boards coming off the fence.