Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I purchased a washer and dryer on February 3, 2011. The appliances were delivered satisfactorily EXCEPT for the fact that I have NEVER heard of purchasing an appliance which the seller can NOT INSTALL!! Lowes informed me AFTER the dryer was delivered and it became...

Hmmmm. The wording and tone in the 3rd party rant to the customer reveals what seems, in my opinion, to be a high level of frustration with one's job. It also seems to be making a number of assumptions about the customer's Lowes purchase transaction. Finally, there does not seem to be any sympathy for the customer's frustration with the delivery.

In my dealings with Lowes over 10 or 15 years, I honestly have never had a bad experience....until a recent one that involved a delivery. One of the two men who delivered was in my opinion both rude and unprofessional from beginning to end. I honestly do not recall ever having had an appliance delivery from any company handled so poorly.

However, at that time I was not aware that Lowes may be using a 3rd party delivery service (if the above post is accurate).

Lowes has earned my trust and respect thru the years. The delivery person's behavior in our home recently did not.

View more comments
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Lexington, Kentucky - Warranty not worth the paper it's written on

I bought a 3 year warranty on a chainsaw. had to take it back for repares in november here it is almost april an no word if it's ever gonna get repared.I burn wood for heat and have had to buy more wood than 4 or 5 saw's would have caust if they would have told me from the start i would have gladly bought another.Like most custamers ive spent thousand's of dallers at lowes and this is how they theat loyal custamers im guessing theyve seen there last dime from me. I wouldnt recomend anyone buy that expensive peice of paper. Where is my friendly LOWES?

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Management discounts

magament refused to state discounted price to myself(consumer)and with-in one hour discounted same produce to employee and 80%off;;;when called to task,manager did embarass consumer by stating problem in frount of store with public and stores employees then threathen to not ever give any discounts to this consumer again..public should have same right to dicsounted idems as employee with out retaliation ;relayed store experience to lowes/store in washington pa/manager joe i purchased many idem here and have paid the requested amount in the past ;refrigators ,dishwashers,and microwave,and many other large idems

The reason you were refused was because he didn't know wth you were talking about. Good grief!

I have reread this 3 times and still don't know wth your talking about.

I would look into spell check and try again."magament"??? Lowes never sold "produce".

Loss

Lowes in Brick Township, New Jersey - Has not replaced new dishwasher that doens't work

I purchased a new $900.00 samsung dishwasher in november 2010. It does not work. abc electric installed it and they left me a card.I SPENT 2 months and multiple phone calls trying to get install to send help.I never heard from store or installer. IN january finally store called electrician to come to my house. In february, electrician never showed so i complained again. store sent a different electrician who stated it is a problem with the unit itself (DUH!!!!!) now it is march and all i get from lowes is "a manager will call you back". despite repeated calls i have no working dishwasher

Call C.E.O of Lowe,s or email and things should start turning out better for you

Review

Lowes in Cape Coral, Florida - Special Value 15X20 pleated air filer not in stock?

In your ad last week a Special Value Pleated air filers "Now $5.98 was $7.94 pack in 3. 15 X 20 size none in stock and never stocked them, Why? We have several large communities that use this size filters here in Naples FL 34119. These come 3 in a pack and this the best way to purchase your filter and have a supply on hand so that you can change your filters more offten. This will help your heating and air conditioning system. It's always to have suppy on hand. Harold T. Whitlock 3716 Exuma Way Naples, FL

Lowes in Honolulu, Hawaii - Not enough cashiers /no cooperations

I am a contractor and usually purchase the naterials I need in Lowes Hawaii(Waikele branch)On numerous ocassions the front is usually service by one or if you are lucky enough by two cashiers.Three or four days ago I went to buy somemore materials from the same store and this time the line is again busy The poor lady is asking for help and nobodycame down.I see the lady with a"BUSHY HAIR" setting in one of the chairs in front of the computer.At that time she was not working on the computer.Why can't she come and help the cashier instead of just setting down? As customers we hate seeing employees who don't wanna helpPlease post this in Lowes Waikele
Lowes Cashier

Untrained Lowes Workers

As a Contractor i have been dealing with the Store since it opened. First to say, we local folks are indeed glad they are still here with the present troubled econ. However, just this week I went to check pricing on roofing shingle and was told by Commercial sale (She couldn't even find her reference book) that they no-longer carried the same single I used on a job just 18 mos ago. So, I called the distributor and they said yes - Lowes can special order the single. So, I call back and got another Commercial Sale Rep and was told - yes we can order these after I gave than their own product code to find the same selection and color. The Store's management changes like ever 6-18 mos and good luck finding one when you need one. I recommend with dealing with a special item of a getting any products, call Townsend Supply in Troy and ask for Keith or Dennis. Townsend prices are also competitive too! Lowes prices in Troy are higher than any other in the State.

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Lemon wash machine

we just got our taxes and purchased a GE wash machine from Lowe's . we had to wait almost two weeks for delivery,no biggie!but less then two weeks after it's delivered it burn up,and lowes won't exchange it because we've had more then 7 days !the information on the warranty says call for service 24 hrs a day 7 days a week and guess what ? they're closed ! omfg ! are you for real ? you gonna reimburse me for the money I'm gonna spend at the laundromat till you get your dead *** out here????????????

It is three completed service calls before a replacement request can be made. From the horse's mouth!

I agree with Mike Jones, do you run to the car dealer and demand a new car when the tire goes flat driving home from the deal? No, I know it's hard to comprehend for some folks, but....Lowe's, Sears, Home Depot DO NOT have a team of elves in the backroom assembling appliances! The manufacturer's after 7 days INSIST on at least ONE Good-faith repair attempt or they will not credit the store, no matter what the store is.

do you get a new car if you have a flat tire? Does a dealership make cars? Good luck getting any money from Lowe's.

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes - Storm Door

In 2008 we purchased a storm door. We were told that if we purchase this selection and have Lowes installed the door, everything will be covered for the lifetime of the door. A couple of months ago, the door started to not close so we contacted Lowes. They sent someone to look at the door then called us a few days later and told us we have to pay for parts. I told them we were told installation and lifetime of the door. They told us, installation is only for a year and Lifetime means the FRAME of the door, not the parts on the door. Isn't the door consist of the frame, screen, glass that's make up the door?!?!? WTF!?!? She then proceed to tell me they would never have said such a thing to us and if I have proof to back myself up. I told her, that was just poor customer service and if she has proof that this wasn't said to me when I bought the door?!?!. I felt they have suckered and lied me into purchasing a door and using their installers when we could have done it ourself. Oh yeah, Lowes CS said "we gave you that option to install it yourself". I said "you guys told us if we let your installer install the door, its all warranted". Thanks Lowes!! Now I have to find my 2008 paperwork to read the fine freakin line. Thought Lowes was more reputatble then that. Guess I was wrong. Now I'll think twice before making a purchase with you.

I was told the whole door, screen everything was lifetime warranty. If the screen was torn they would come out and fix it.

It all depends on who tells you what and how much of it we as consumers can believe.

Tell you anything these days. I have been told lifetime warranty entire door more than once at my local store.

There are parts on a storm door that are not under warranty like closers. The labor warranty is for one year and on installer related issues.

Error by installer. Wind Damage will void ALL warranties.

The consumer is responsible to make sure they close their storm door and make sure it is secured. You would be amazed how many wind damage calls the stores get and then the customer thinks it's the stores,manufacures and installer responsibility to resolve.

@NO NAME

Thanks for sharing up–to-date on this subject! I find it is very informative and very well written one!

Keep up on this quality!

href=” http://coloradocustomiron.com/”> storm doors colorado

Some current model doors do carry lifetime warranties and some carry "limited lifetime" warranties. A warranty claim is against the manufacturer of the door, which is Larson.

There is a serial number on the hinge side z-bar (frame) and a 1800 number in your warranty/care and cleaning pamplet.

Call the number and give them the serial along with the issue and Larson will take care of it 99% of the time with few questions asked. larsondoors.com you can go there as well, but warranty is best at the 1800 number.

My storm door has a lifetime warranty on all parts. Im sure the sales person told him " Lifetime" warranty-as did my sales person. There are a few things not covered but I did read my warranty before my purchase.

Did you ask for a copy of the warranty? I expect that if you did and took time to read it you will find that the door itself has a lifetime warranty.

Hardware and parts subject to normal wear such as weatherstripping are warrantied for one year.

Pretty standard for storm doors. Always take time to read a written copy of the warranty if that is what determines if you buy a product or not.

nikalseyn

I suspect you misunderstood what the salesman was telling you. No one is going to warrant a storm door for "life." These things get used and abused and you cannot expect Lowes to replace parts worn out thru normal wear and tear.

I think they were being entirely fair in warranting it for one full year. After that, fix the darned thing yourself!!

View more comments (6)
Lowes Installation

Lowes in La Verne, California - Injury

We were in your Anaheim store this past Saturday code#10300-30511-14567. Behind the small appliances you had a large clearance rack, on this rack you had a long piece of medal with sharp edges. The person I was with is tall 6'4", he ran into this knocked his glasses and hat right off. It could have been much worse,it could have been his eye. He is not the type of person to pitch a fuss. I asked for the manager when we went to pay for our purchase. No manager came, I told the two female employees to do something about the sharp piece of medal. Three days later he ordered new eye glasses due to the large scratch the sharp medal caused. If his glasses did not get scratched in your store due to this safety hazard he would not have had to purchase new glasses just yet. I feel some sort of compensation is in order.

@Consumer, Our store has a safety walk every morning, done by the mod. After the walk, he will walk with you and point out what has to be done.

If these safety issues are not taken care of you will be written up. And how would you know they are watching every consumer?

Feeling a little guilty there? And what the *** is "stloe"?

People like to comment garbage, the real fact is these home improvement stores as a matter of fact none of these big stores care about the consumer they only care about your money.They should have periodic safety checks,but instead they watch constantly on the cameras for people stealing,they see every move every consumer is making,but noone is ever around for assistance especially the managers theyre never around, bet if you stloe something everyone would be around,they see everything they choose to ignore it they are pieces of gargage!

nikalseyn

I understood the meaning of "medal" for metal. Unsure of how anyone of even low intelligence could or would make an issue of it.

However, the answer here is to call corporate and complain. Lowes is a pretty good company and will do what is right, I am sure.

If not, then don't shop there again. Or, the next time you hear an ambulance siren, run after the lawyer chasing it down the street and hire him.

Call Lowes corporate and complain. You will get action.

Store level management does not care about you.

As for Really!, not all people are as perfect as this Really buffoon. The man is looking for help in his situation with Lowes, not some *** like Really!

And I am sure Really! is familiar with metal since he has a plate of such material covering his pea sized brain.

Do you mean METAL as in iron, steel? Did you also know they have spell check on the website for you people

View more comments (4)