Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Think twice before buying from Lowes

We bought a $2,000 refrigerator in December, 2009. Everything in the crisper drawers freezes so we have thrown out a lot of food and have no place to put produce. In August, the icemaker stopped working. The store had us jump thru hoops for 4 months, and today told us they don't stand behind anything after 90 days! I told the operations manager (Don Smith for those who live in Yuma). He was downright nasty to us. I told him that after 4 months of making us jump through hoops, he should fight it out with Whirlpool. He was unsympathetic and said, "It is your problem - not ours." We have had six service calls wasting at least 12 hours of our time away from work. The service people were unprofessional and belligerent but we put up with the bad treatment. The service man said it was the reverse osmosis system and that Whirlpool does not stand behind a refrigerator hooked to R.O, which was a lie. But Lowes said that the icemakers won't work with R.O. so we disconnected it. The water is terrible in Yuma, and Lowes says we can't have R.O even tho our old refrigerator made ice. He said that they don't make the refrigerators as good as they used to. I cannot even begin to describe the frustration that this unprofessional, uncaring company has caused us. Here is the lesson: When you go to the "big box" stores, they care about sales, not service. They are "Too big to fail" and could care less about your satisfaction. Support your local businesses who care about your patronage. Soon the big box stores will push all the little businesses out and no one will care about your satisfaction. Either that or keep your old refrigerator.
rsteffen

I have the receipts (including the extended warranty which means nothing), and Whirlpool won't stand behind it either.

When you pay $2,000 for a refrigerator that doesn't work, and neither Lowes nor Whirlpool will stand behind it, and you have some *** at the store say"it's your problem - not ours." Then you say I am acting like a child!!!!

You're acting like a biased employee whose salary is paid by Lowes. Of course you won't recognize that there is a problem. WHY????

Because you care about sales - not service after the sale. And to solve it, you say I am being a child.

Thanks for proving my point! A typical Lowes response to a real problem.

And by the way. I will gladly pay a higher price to buy from Mom & Pop, because they care about their customers, so they service what they sell. UNLIKE LOWES!

And Rom - Part of the frustration has been that Whirlpool won't do anything either - so we're just out $2,000. So if you are ever dumb enough to buy from Lowes, and you lose $2,000, then LOL to you too. That's real mature.

Lowe's didn't build the fridge. Keep your receipt, call the manufacturer and get the number for a local servicer, and cut out Lowe's.

Also, of course they care about sales. I hate to break it to you but they are a business. If you go to a mom and pop shop you may find their prices higher than Wal-Mart. Why?

BECAUSE THEY CARE ABOUT SALES.

Don't be such a child

LOL...because Lowe's built the fridge and therefore is the one screwing you over...RIGHT!

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes sucks, don't buy extended warranties

do not buy the extended warranty, matter of fact don't buy from Lowes. They don't stand behind the product. My two year old oven died which cost $1000 dollars. Mother board dead. With extended warranty they lock you into a company that lies-makes appointments then cancels less than 48 prior. "They overbooked" give me a break-you wait one week to see your overbooked. Then send you the part right away-so now "oh we can't switch companies now that you have the part". I want to know how to reach corporate!!!! A&E service is a company that lies. Don't use them.

FYI A&E is owned by Sear... might want to stay away from there too....

Oh wait everyone uses the same servicers.. good luck with no appliances... maybe if you made a few phone calls you would have got a new applaince cause Lowes does stand behind product...

but they dont work on them. DUH......

Lowes in Fort Lauderdale, Florida - GE high efficency washer

The washer has not cleaned well since I bought it within the last year. Now it will not drain. Lowe's cannot help me because I do not have my receipt at hand or know the exact date I bought the washer. They cannot access my info from their computers and told me to get my bank to call up the info. I could pay for the repair myself. Never bought anything at Lowe's before and I never will again. Home Depot was able to look up my customer info and fix what I bought there. Guess the deal wasn't any good.
#241908

You people will learn not to buy from Lowes or these other big-box made in China second quality stores eventually. Go local retailers to make a deal - they will at least match Lowes prices IF you tell them your THINKING of purchasing...christ people are really getting more *** as time goes on in this country..

#241901

Its your own fault dont loose your receipt. As an adult when you buy something like that you should have enough common since to put high ticket recepits in a place for safe keeping. You cant possibly blame lowes since you lost it, its not their job to keep track of your stuff and obviously you couldnt hold onto the info either.

Lowes refused to load 80 lb. bags of concrete ,I,m disabled

On 3 separate occasions I purchased concrete at lowes and requested help to load products cause I,m disabled. Every time nobody helped.I,m going to sue them under The ADA.Don,t shop at lowes as they discriminate against the disabled,so I can imagine how they treat everybody else.Also today at lowes i yelled for help as every employee stood around like they were on break. People who were standing in line felt the same way but would,nt speak up and demand service.That is why we go to the store for anyway. they should revamp customer service sign to,I,ll be with you when I feel like helping you.

I work at lowes on the front end. If a customer needs help loading the cashier will page for someone to help.

It seems that you are a usual customer that likes to give attitude, no *** why people don't come running to help you. We have this one guy that comes in three times a week just to crack jokes and critique us personally. He told me that I was a hairy as gorilla, at least I had hair, the guy was bald, but anyways associates run away or pretend to be on the phone when they see him.

The point is think about it, name a place that will do what you want in quick matter, if u waited someone would have came. The best is when they say Home Depot is better, we don't have a home depot within 20 miles of us, go ahead make that trip.

Did you tell the cashier that you need help load your concrete??

Why are you buying concrete if you're disabled? If you can't even load it, what could you possibly do with it when you get it home?

You obviously would have to hire someone to do the work for you that requires concrete, so why not have the hired worker pick it up? Go ahead and sue.

Not one person mention race but you had to bring it up. You are not disable you are just plain lazy and a racist yourself.

I am very sorry to hear about how you were treated. I myself work with individuals that are disabled and feel your pain.

It saddens me that you could not get any help; however, a worker does not have to drop his or her priorities just to help you out. I would suggest bringing a family member or a friend that would make things a little bit easier.

Your attitude would be a little nicer and your overall experience with the worker would probably be tolerable. I hope that you plan to use the concrete yourself since you run a good chance of further injuring yourself and or getting stuck.

I think the most obvious response to this rant is this; If you are disabled and cannot load the concrete yourself, what the heck do you plan to do with it when you get home? Are you such a pariah that you don't have one friend that can help with this?

The ADA is not there to provide you with ADDITIONAL rights, it is there to make sure you receive the same treatment as everyone else and are not discriminated against. Sometimes, I need help. I call a friend or hire someone to help me. I don't threaten to sue people who don't offer to help.

Here's something else I am sure you never thought of, call ahead and ask the manager if he can arrange to have someone help you load what you buy.

Or arrange for delivery. It's called adapting to your environment.

#220419

This people commenting on my case against Lowes are just as racist and ignorant of The ADA.

#219955

You're disabled...I feel for you. I don't believe a word you're saying!

You're not entitled to a preferential treatment and the quicker you learn that the quicker your bitterness will leave! I get a feeling you expect the employees to stop helping the customers there with so they can get you out of the door.

Work on your patience and you'll find alot of doors being opened for you!. Have a great day

#219194

Perhaps no one wants to help you because of your attitude. Also do you expect people to drop what they are doing including helping other customers just to help you because you are disabled.

You only asked for help once and it is not discrimination just because you did not recieve help. You do not have a case.

View more comments (8)

Lied to by Lowes again

I'm deployed with the military. My wife said the dishwasher needed to be replaced. She found what she wanted at Lowes. I told her under no circumstances to use that store in Homestead Florida. I had 2 really bad experiences with that store and was lied to both times. The Manager of the store is a real *** as well. 1st example; I attempted to buy 15K in kitchen cabinets but the sales people couldn't figure out how to order what I wanted. I left without a sale and went to another store where I endured less ***-pain. 2nd example; I custom ordered outdoor lamps. They delivered the wrong ones. I got into an argument with the sales guy who insisted they were the correct ones and I couldn't return them. I had to call the corporate HQ to get my money back after the manager ignored me. Now.. here is one for a sitcom: After telling my wife not order the dishwasher she does anyway. Oh boy, I told her to put me on skype when its delivered because this is going to be a circus. Wrong item again!She calls the sales guy who lies and says my wife ordered what was delivered and she will expect it as delivered! What? Then the Manager gets on the phone (Phillip "el payaso" y un mentiroso) and tells my wife to give him a few days to find the one she wanted. He asks what she wanted for compensation, she hesitates and says free installation. Phillip "el payaso" looses it and yells at my wife that the delivery guy told her to say that and he tells her to say he's fired!! WTF. Are these people for real!! Like my wife is going to fire a Lowes employee LOL. You can't make this stuff up. But, it is the culture of South Florida.
#219053

When I found out she went to this location I told her she was a *** *** and I would divorce her if she was nto such a good cook and if she did not have such a sexy body. I told her she was beautiful but just proves that all blonde women are dumb. Then when she told me to leave her alone I slapped her across the face and she started crying.

Lowes in Altoona, Pennsylvania - District Big Wig

I dont know why the bosses get excited about the DM's coming to the store. Its like christmas for me, it means there will be soap and paper towels in the bathroom. It also means that most of the worthless blueberrys will be doing some real work which means my one man show might actually get some help. Lowes should change their commercial to say "we'll kill the morale of every employee by asking for more and giving you less. At least at Burger King I got a bonus for christmas. Lets all rise up employees, take a stand.

This made me laugh... Our DM is in our store DAILY...

Also, our Zone mgrs are constantly on the floor, helping customers, bringing town top stock, zoning the depts.

Sounds like you work for a terrible store.

(we bonus every quarter! ) :grin

#219213

It happen's all the time so just get over it

Review
#209075 Review #209075 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Clermont, Florida - Store 2449 gone to ***

I opened store 2449 in rochester nh ,our store manager was randy godett.we end be one of the best stores to work at. the employees were the best,and we proved it.they sent randy to a stoer in lowell mass. and we ended up with a manager that didnt care about us as an person.it's really sad to see such a great store to to waste.I spent 3.5 yrs with lowes wanted to relocate and got no help from the managment team .needless to say after moving i'm unemployed and dicusted.Lowes does not care about their employees,your just a number.I hope that someone opens there eye's and fast.

I hope you understand that now Lowe's #2449 is now managed by Michael D Richard who has skyrocketed our sales and the store in general. We are 33rd in the company for LCC's.

All the employees I interact with everyday love our store!

Team 2449 is the best in retail! Proud to be a member of the front end.

Whoa yourself Tommy! I am only pointing out that the guy is making no cents cause he can't right. My little kid can write better than him.

FYI - Stop talking about my problems or youwill find my size 12 sneaker up your corn hole

Whoa Ken! Easy boy!

Just because we happen to have the best manager in the region, that's no reason to kick a store when it's down.

Please don't take it personal Anonymous, Ken's going through a tough time.

Now I'm sure Rochester is a nice place and I will admit I'm not familiar with the area exept for the fact that the ladies seem to be embracing the "Muffin Top" look. Hang tight over there in 2449 and hopfully your current manager comes around or you get a new one...as long as it's not Randy ;^)

Maybe the reason the mgmt team will not help with your transfer is because you communication skills are ***! They would be embarassed to send you on to another store.

You can't spell and your grammar sucks.

PS. Randy is great over here at 2657

All too often the case. The management that actually does the most good is sooner or later going to be moved and enough times to kill what ever caring they still have.

Coorporate is still making their check and working their hours while the store employees are getting screwed over by a promise of educational reimbursement but a schedule that wont allow class attendance by promising certain hours and then flipping them and like Home depot getting rid of any employee worth a *** in favor of cheap labor that has no desire to further themselves so why would they give a rats *** about doing a good job.

Way to go big corp. excellent management skills!

View more comments (4)
Review
#208939 Review #208939 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Amarillo, Texas - Carpet Installation

I have never been so angry at a store as I have been with Lowe's.I had carpet installed by 2 guys that looked like druggies,I felt very uncomfortable with them being at my home,some of the tools that they used around my new pedestal bed hacked pieces of would out of my bottom drawers,also seams are not even,plus I have ravelling around the baseboards that shouldn't be there and they took a piece of my carpet with them,didn't bother to ask if they were allowed. I reported them to Lowe's and all I got was that these two carpet layers are fired,that sure didn't fix things here.Never again!!
Review
#208169 Review #208169 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Winder, Georgia - Warranty extended - Don't buy-for fools.

Long story short: Don't buy the extended warranty..They don't have in house repair they contract it out. So naturally you get put on the back burner because the contractor will always do the job that pays today rather then a warranty job where he has to wait on his Lowe's check. There is no time limit so Lowe's can just wait you out. They got the that passive aggressive thing going on. Talk nice, but there not going to help. The lady I talked to on the phone was telling me that they can't next day air for every customer. What Horse muffins! They collect millions of dollars in warranty sales which most is pure unclaimed profit and Lowe's won't even Next day air a part for a Customer that has spent Much Much money with them. Never shopping there again.
Review
#207626 Review #207626 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Deck Failed Structural Inspection and Lowes won't Fix It
Typical Lowes or even Home Depot story. During the booms, they get in to contracting business and then find out they don't know what they are doing. Lowes promised a turnkey deck installation in February 2008. The installer finally arrived in July but need adult supervision. The Lowes contract says they provide project management but it was no where to be seen. The "installer" failed several inspections but said everything was taken care of at September completion. In March 2009, come to find out the deck never passed final inspection. Guess what, Lowes sold the financing to GE Money and now does have responsibility to fix it. 2 years later, no resolution and I am out another $6k to fix the deck. GE Money wants payoff and has sent to collections. Lowes will not respond to letters or calls...don't use Lowes as a contractor!!!

you the customer are the ones held to meeting code requirements.It says it on every deck order,You built it that makes you the contractor.

#219959

I get it...trying to get something for nothing....you're pathetic

Review
#207592 Review #207592 is a subjective opinion of poster.