Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Deck Failed Structural Inspection and Lowes won't Fix It
Typical Lowes or even Home Depot story. During the booms, they get in to contracting business and then find out they don't know what they are doing. Lowes promised a turnkey deck installation in February 2008. The installer finally arrived in July but need adult supervision. The Lowes contract says they provide project management but it was no where to be seen. The "installer" failed several inspections but said everything was taken care of at September completion. In March 2009, come to find out the deck never passed final inspection. Guess what, Lowes sold the financing to GE Money and now does have responsibility to fix it. 2 years later, no resolution and I am out another $6k to fix the deck. GE Money wants payoff and has sent to collections. Lowes will not respond to letters or calls...don't use Lowes as a contractor!!!

you the customer are the ones held to meeting code requirements.It says it on every deck order,You built it that makes you the contractor.

#219959

I get it...trying to get something for nothing....you're pathetic

Review
#207592 Review #207592 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Austin, Texas - GE Money Bank

I am disgusted with GE Money Bank and Lowes. I paid off a credit card loan with Lowes and GEMB, who handles their credit transactions, keeps sending me late fee notices, that increase each month. I have called and written to the company with no luck. If anyone is having similar problems with this company and know of anyway that a Class Action Lawsuit could be filed, I'm all for joining in that cause. They are ruining my credit. Whatever happened to good old customer satisfaction? Has anyone else had this problem with GEMB and in particular, their connection with Lowes?

What is the problem with paying back money you borrowed, under the terms you agreed to? If you don't want to be indebted to someone, don't borrow.

If you do borrow, don't borrow beyond your means and ability to pay it back in a timely fashion, as agreed.

Credit cards are a nice convenience to paying cash and give you flexibility in paying the balance over time. Use them correctly and they are a great tool. I tend to pay the balance in full, except larger purchases where I may pay back over a few months.

I pay very little in interest doing it that way.

Who in their right mind finances a consumer item with a credit card at a high double digit interest rate and makes only a minimum payment? Get a handle on your finances and take control.

Be responsible instead of blaming the bank. Be the master instead of the slave.

Need a class action lawsuit against ge. lowes. They definitly arent dealing off the top of the deck.

So I get my tax return excited about paying off my credit card at Lowes. Go online to their site on FEBRUARY 16, 2012 and there is a screen on LOWES SITE mind you, that allows me to pay a 1700.00 bill (intense interest rates mind you)for 980.30, said one time offer, so ofcourse I jump on it.

Well it is now April and after 4 hours on the phone this morning, they said that that page wasn't them. ALTHOUGH they do show on my statement where I paid that exact amount..Hmmm..I have made minimum monthly payments for years now, like I would just pick such a large and odd number like 980.30 to pay for the heck of it? When I also paid all my other bills of online that same night? I think not.

RIDICUKOUS. Im filing on BBB>

My husband passed away. I paid off our balance on GE Money Bank Lowes card.

I called to inform them of my husband's passing. They went into collector mode, remember at the time I was talking to these people I had a 00 balance. I was passed to 3 people who ask every question possible about myself.The account was in my husband's name I had authorized use of the account. I was told they could open an account for me which was just a way to get more info on me.

Then they said I was turned down. And sent a letter asking for estate information. And labeled it an attempt to collect debt. The account was paid off.

I called and once again was treated as if I was a customer who had skipped out on paying, I made sure there was no outstanding balance there was not.

And then the gentlemen cut me off and hung up on me. Think twice about going in debt to these people.

@Widow

The exact same thing happened to me , with sears [GE.] When you lose a family member, you have enough on youre plate , to deal withCorporate headquarters/ no help. I guess ge.

policy is to hit you, while youre weak.After reading about this , I will never buy anything from them. I am very sorry about youre loss.

I was advised by Lowes that GE Credit had been requiring a higher monthly payment than I should have been paying. They said the payment should have been significantly lower and the additional amount I was paying should have gone to pay the principle....essentially due to their errors the bill should have been paid off.

I requested a full audit of my account and sent registered letters but they refuse to provide the information.

If you EVER contest a bill only certified letters with signature will be allowed in court. I am all for a class action lawsuit against these folks.

I get charged late fees for paying EARLY. My payment date is the 28th but I usuallly pay before the 5th.

The I get charged a late fee because they say their computer won't pick up the fact that it is the current months payment until after the 6th. They say it's a "glich" in the system. I wonder how many people have paid late fees for paying early. Also, how much in interest has been paid because you are not allowed to pay until the 6th?

All these late payments go on my credit report and although I've managed to get the late fees credited back to my acct. the blemishes on my credit report remain. The US goverments Office of Thrift is the regulating agency for GEMB.

The web site it www.OTS.gov and their phone # is 1-800-842-6929. Hope this will help.

alaways payed..oh maybe one time a few days late not 30 days or anything...did this for years...spent thousands..no hundreds of thousands of dollars at thier stores...went to purchae material for a large job...they lowered my credit limit by about 80%...couldnt buy the material with a card..payed for it with a check and after finding out they lowered it for no reason wish I had not did that.. :x

The problems never stop with GE moneybank. I have made payments faithfully just to have them clear my checking account and not post to my lowes consumer credit account(and get charged the added late fee).

I have mailed and faxed my proof of payment to the missing payments department so many times you can't even count, and all to no avail.

When I called customer service and asked to speak with someone in missig payments I was told that there was not anyone I could speak with and to mail the information again. Can they really just steal my money and and get away with it by giving me the run around?

Two years ago I made settlement with a debt collector Zwickers who were acting as a collection agency for Lowe's. We came to a lump sum payoff agreement.

The collection agency was suppose to have sent us a letter stating that the credit card debt was satisfied and we no longer owed Lowe's any money. Two years later a different collection agency and bad credit report later I am still receiving notice from Lowe's that we owe money.

I will never step foot in a Lowe's store ever again. There should be a boycott of all Lowe's stores until they stop their terrible treatment of their customers!

They have been calling for weeks to collect on an account that is not past-due. In fact, there has been a payment already scheduled for 2 of those weeks.

I have had problems with them also. Been a customer for 7 years, never missed a payment and always paid my bill on time.

Recently paid my balance down to zero and they cut my credit limit by 80%...never sent a letter as well and I was embarrased when I went to pay for dinner with my boss...same B.S. when I called they can basically do what they want I was told by a manager...they should be ashamed of themselves and Lowes as well as I have been a loyal customer...I will never purchase from Lowes again and have been treated terribly.

Lowes and GE in plain words stink. Don't do business with them, relationship and paying on time means nothing!!!

Yes, I have had problems with GE moneybank.

They lowered my credit limit on my Lowes card without telling me. I have never had a missed or late payment.

I was embarrased to pieces when I tried to buy an item and my card was declined. When I called GE the lady I spoke with informed me that it's their policy to adjust any account they want and whenever they want. She said a letter was sent to me.

I never received any such letter. I have since distroyed my card and will never do business with GE or Lowes again.

View more comments (12)
Review
#207558 Review #207558 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania - Manager likes to hover around us

This manager that was wearing a blue vest with service manager on it helped us, but when we told him thank you for helping us, he just stayed close by and would not leave us alone and this happen at the Spokane Valley Store and this is not the first time with this person, which we just looked at his name tag and it was a Barry. Now I would like to know why they would keep a person like this around or are they just trying to scare customers away from your store's? I would much rather go to Home Depot and not get any help than to have someone looking over my shoulder while I shop. Thank You Lowe's for getting Rid of a good customer.

What are you up to. Unless you are up to something this would not bother you. Probably ruining your plans of shoplifting.

That's the blue vests job...give good customer service. Maybe you look suspicious.

Did he upset your routine? The only customers that complain are usually thiefs.

We would rather get complaints like yours then from not helping at all. Good luck at the homo depot.

Review
#207146 Review #207146 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Ellenton, Florida - Lowe's Is Terrible

Long story short: I bought a Shop Vac from my local Lowe's. I traveled 30 minutes home, opening the box and found it to be used! It had grass in the box, dirt on the unit, and had scratches. I packed it back up and took it back to Lowe's. So, I had to waste an hour of my day traveling back and forth, not to mention time at the store. I requested a manager and discussed the circumstances. I told him it wasn't like I was returning it because I didn't like the color. I wanted assurances that it wasn't being put back out on the shelf. He looked right at me and said that he didn't think it was used and didn't know why I had a problem. I was flabbergasted. He refused to give me anything off of the purchase for my trouble and that I had to sign the return slip to get my replacement unit. I signed and wrote "unhappy - disagree with manager" at the bottom of the slip and took my new unit home. I wrote lowes.com when I got home and was referred to the store manager. He gave me standard corporate lingo telling me it wouldn't happen again; no empathy, no real apology. So, I wrote lowes.com again and stated that I wanted someone above this store; someone away from these people that knew each other. I was batted to another store and then back to the local store for another individual who can't tell me what his job is (??). He has reiterated the same lingo and asked me what I wanted. I told him that all I was seeking was 10% off my purchase for my time and trouble; again, I was buying a used item. Three days later and nothing. . .no email, no answer, no nothing. I am preparing to write their corporate email to discuss again. This is all over $10 they are giving me a hard time over. Now, for me it is more about principle. I don't necessarily care about the $10, but I want them to show some empathy and care. It appears that won't be happening anytime soon either.

Actually I hold three college degrees; including a Masters and am currently working on an additional Masters, work full-time, volunteer with two different organizations for approximately 5 hours a week each. I thought this site was to vent and let out frustration.

. .not to be treated like you are better than me for some strange reason. People shop. .

.*** happens.

. .and customers deserve satisfaction.

Your tears sustain me

cry more about it.

Seriously though....You must be unemployed to have all this time to waste getting "Justice"

Open the item next time you buy to make sure it does not happen again. People use stuff and return it all the time but never tell the store they did and it gets put back on the shelf. Sometimes its not even the same item.

Bluefield

I am not whining. I merely don't think that I should have been sold a used item as new.

And, a little apology would have been nice by the CSM. I do believe that 'accidents' happen, but I also believe that good customer service wasn't practiced upon my return of the item. That is all. As I said, I don't care about the money.

No need to be mean toward me. I just joined this board and thought this is what it was about.

. .my bad.

Quit crying you big baby. It's not Lowes fault some *** repackaged the vac when he was done with it and returned it.

If you are like most people you would check to make sure everything was there if the box had been opened, so I assume it was sealed if you didn't mention it in you complaint. Stores don't put used product on the shelf to *** consumers off. They did take care of you and exchanged it for a new one. It's not their fault you live 30 minutes from their store.

You need to live with the fact that things you don't like can happen.

Get over it and get on with you life. Why loose sleep over a few bucks?

Lowes is good for buying the stuff.People who work for them do not take their job seriously.So if you want to get something install think twice.They are not responsible for their contractor.So far in my dealing with Lowes i am not happy.Do not take risk be wise.

Maybe you should contact BBB or shop vac. . .just a thought.

View more comments (6)
Review
#206625 Review #206625 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes Paint Department Idiots

Lowes Paint Dept mixes a gallon of paint, then opened the lid to put sample color on lid and they never bothered to pound the lid closed with rubber mallet as required. The can is sent home with my husband who was picking up a couple other items while waiting for paint to be mixed. He didn't watch guy finish the job and expected that the technician knew what he was doing. So he takes the gallon home proceeds to shake the can and because they didn't close the can properly red paint goes all over my cream colored carpet. Their response to the complaint of not doing their job properly is that's too bad it's your fault. I now have over a $1000 worth of damage to my bedroom and their response is it was our responsibility to check the can before shaking it. It wasn't their responsibility to do their job correctly. What if I had a child in my home and they got into the can of paint and injested it, would it still be our fault they didn't seal the can properly? I would never trust these imbeciles ever again.

I would have to agree that its your fault I would never trust something like that or leave it to chance . Yes they should of did it but I think it's ignorance on your part .

I Know Im Two Years Late, But Why Would Ur Dumb *** Husband Shake The Can Again and How Did He Not See That It Was Open Before He Left The Store So Thats You and Your Retard *** Husbands Fault, Dumb ***

Hey LOWES has free install on stainmaster carpet and pad, Does that help you lady?

I work at Lowe's paint department and when we dot the top of the can, it's easy to tell when the lid isn't on all the way. It's pretty automatic to go around the lid twice with a dead-blow hammer or use the lid tool.

I highly doubt it was a regular Lowe's paint employee who made the mistake.

The only way an employee could make that kind of mistake is if a new employee was left by himself the first day of making paint which DOES NOT HAPPEN at the store I work at. So either you were very, very unlucky, or you and your husband are not telling the whole truth.

@Brandon

Just had this happen but didn't even make it out of the car. Paint went all over the car as soon as I turned despite the can sitting perfectly upright in the front seat of my car.

It was tapped down barely enough to stay on.

This is actually not uncommon. Bought many gallons of paint at at Liwes and Home Depot and never had a problem.

if the paint was already mixed why would you shake it again?

You do realize that the employees behind the counter are humans and make mistakes like everyone else? Also, I highly doubt you would have made it out of the store before realizing the paint was open.

I make paint everyday at lowes. The fact that it made it out the door and in the car and home before spilling doesn't sound true, and how in the world were you mixing the paint to spill it everywhere?

Hey Fishy, Though you seem to know alot about paint you seem to forget that they open the can AFTER mixing to put the spot on the top to let you know which color it is, the original poster even said that to you. So i have to call BS on you.

It would be pretty hard for a can of paint to leave the store unsealed if it was shaken first. The paint would either have to go into a spin shaker or a pressure shaker.

The spin shaker will throw a lid of a can that is 80% sealed, and the pressure shaker presses the lid down as it shakes. It is known to of even crushed full paint cans. If you got red paint they probably set the shakers to "Deep Tone" which is a full 3 minuets of shaking. Now if you got Olympic paint with the plastic lids you may have a case.

There was a defect with the lids in which they would come unsealed. In this case Olympic will cover the cost of the clean up. I have never known them to fail.

If you got another paint however I will have to call BS on you. It may of happened but it wasn't Lowe's fault.

It sounds like Lowes doesn't have general liability Insurance. I have heard this happening before at Home Depot on occasion, but the store managers have always corrected the problem for their customers.

View more comments (9)
Review
#206623 Review #206623 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Adel, Georgia - Poor customer service on extented warranty

I have a washer I purchased 02/07 with a extented warranty thru next year 2011. I called customer service on Mon 11/01/10 to report a claim. After 5 days of calling I finally was able to get one person "Annie" to help me. I was continuously lied to each day after devoting 1 - 2 hours a day trying to get someone to help me. The same line was given each day the "team" had to look into it and I would get a reply within 24 hours. One representative Ronald "Ron" even complained about what an inconvenience I had been to him. The end result was, because of recent heart surgery, I had to hire 2 men to come to my home, load it in my truck, and I carried it 90 miles roundtrip to get someone to fix it....I have bought my LAST appliance from Lowes and will devote any spare time to encouraging others to do so, also. This isn't a threat, but a promise.
Review
#206403 Review #206403 is a subjective opinion of poster.

LOWES Black Friday Facebook Codes

The site crashed...is still down...35 minutes after promo...only crashed during time of inputting credit card number...total waste of time! Dont waste your time on something they definetely cannot give you...they cant even have a functioning website! You stay up all late for nothing, dont bother, they dont even say an apology - just that a site needs work too...they should have fixed this problem long before running the promo...dont waste your time with lowes black firday promos...you wont get them anyways....its a total scam and they are laughing all night long about it!

You have to be 14 to use facebook and obviously by the immaturity in your letter you are way younger.

Think about this... Black Friday...

The biggest shopping day of the year. Think of how many users Facebook has? and how many people may have known about these codes... When a sudden influx of activity happends on a site.

it crashes... it has nothing against Lowes

Review
#205800 Review #205800 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - Lowe's laminate countertop order wrong in every way

We ordered laminate countertops from Lowe's Home Improvement of Christiansburg and when the came in everything was wrong. Several measurements were off. Some of the backsplashes were not at a 180 degree angle, one backsplash was missing, and some were warped. One the second order of the one without the backsplash, it came in again WITHOUT a backsplash. My husband agreed to accept 5 of the 6 pieces with a discount, but wishes he hadn't since they don't fit together at the seam evenly. After my husband drove out to pick up the reorder and found it wrong, he asked that Lowe's deliver it free, and they accepted. However, we wish that we had never done business with the incompetant people providing these countertops. Apparently Lowe's puts in the order, one company makes the countertops, and one cuts them. This obviously makes many errors along the way from all parties.
Review
#205585 Review #205585 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Shelton, Connecticut - Did not honor warranty

Belt on mower was defective after 6 uses. Bonco Troybilt riding mower. Lowes and Troybilt would not honor the warranty because it is a belt. 6 TIMES used and less than a year old. Belt not covered under warranty. BUT six times? I tried to explain the care I take with this mower because of the investment of over a thousand dollars but it fell on deaf ears. I accept that the warranty does not cover belts but felt something was wrong or defective with the belt. Lowes answer was that if I hadn't paid for the repairs they could have made a ONE time exception and paid for the repair. I told them the company certainly wasn't going to release my mower with an upaid bill. Oh well Lowes said. The repair company (recommended by Lowes) was suprised a belt could deteriorate so quickly. Again, didn't matter to Lowes. AND Troybilt was a total waste of time. My neighbor warned me about Troybilt mowers but did I listen? Looks like I go back to Home Depot from now on.
Review
#205363 Review #205363 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Went to the new Lowes store in San Fernando, Ca, and asked for a few paint stir sticks. Ulysses in the paint dept said I have to but paint to get any. I told him that I bought $200 in paint there in the last month, and he said that did not matter. I asked for Manager,...

Just go to a PPG Porter paints store or a Sherwin-Williams (although I hate SW) they will give stir sticks for free.

Review
#205125 Review #205125 is a subjective opinion of poster.