Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Maysville, Kentucky - The employees treat u like ***.

When u go to lowes and u can't find what u need. Then ask for help, they treat u like *** when u tell them u have a double wide. I buy alot at lowes. I know that there is a differsant in some things in a house then a double wide. You can make alot of things work. I don't have a problem with any of the products at lowes, just the way they treat u when they know it goes on a double wide. The employees treat u like they don't want to help u no more.

im not surew what lowes store your shopping atbut i can tell you as a lowes employee it make no difference to us what you live in....if your there to purchase something we are there to help. I know that most of us have worked at my sotre for several years but i can tell you i still dont know every single item that our store carries

Lowes refrigerator

i went to lowes to pick a refrigerator for delivery five days ago went through 3 reps and finally got it done. then came delivery day, appointment was around 5:30 but they came at 4:30 and i was not home. so they said they will be back. they did not show up till 8:00 pm. Anyway that was not the problem, theproblem was that they delivered me a floor. i realized that the unit is old after they left. the refrigerator was not not installed because it is a gift to myuncle. they sat it on my garage. i called the store afterward. the managertold me i bought a as it model. itold him no, because when spoke to the 3 reps , none of them told meit is a as is model. one of the rep check the back room and told me they have one available. then the manager called me call and said they reason they delivered a floor model is becasue the new one in theback room has a dent on the door. he told me they should of call and let me know. he invited me back to the store to resolve the issue. " just come and talk to mary(appliance rep)she will take care of you. got in there, talked to her, she suggested a door swap(take the door from theone from thegarage and put it one this new one that has a dent). i said "no" because i paid for a new undamaged fridge . i finally got mad and asked for her manager. hetold me there is nothing he can do but suggest a different model. i asked for a refund, he said it will takes atleast a week to get the moneyback for visa debit card. i asked what should i do, my uncle is moving to his new house tomorrow. this is a gift. i cant buy it some where else coz the money wont be back for a week.

I purchased a fridge from Lowes 2 1/2 months ago and I still don't have it!!!! Funny thing is that they had no problem charging my credit card.

As of today (1/10/12) they still cant give me a delivery date!!! They just lost another customer

Loss

Lowes in Des Plaines, Illinois - Lowe's Extended Service Warranty

I purchased a Troy Built snowblower in December 09 with the 3 year service plan for $99. It states on the brochure that I was given with my receipt, that if service is need "an in-home service appointment" can be scheduled. Ha! When I called the number on the brochure I was told my $599.00 snowblower was not covered. It only covers items over $899.00. Plus, pick and delivery of the snowblower to a repair shop is not covered. I live in Aurora, IL and they wanted me to haul this enormous snowblower to Westmont, IL. BTW - the location is Lowe's in Oswego, IL. I hope they are satisfied with the $700 they got out of me because I will never, ever buy so much as a nail at Lowe's again. I'm also telling all my friends, family and neighbors to never shop at Lowe's.
Honest4Sure

Joke's on you. "3-yr service plan" is year THREE only.

The mfr warranty is TWO years. If your snowblower is still within the first two years, bring it to the closest authorized Troy Bilt service center. You were had.

"Satisfied Lowes Shopper" sounds like the plan administrator. Your coverage in year three is exactly same as mfr.

It clearly states in the extended warranty brochure that in-home service is only available for products over $899. Lowe's still covers your purchase, but you will have to bring the snowblower into the store to get it repaired.

One hundred percent of the parts and labor will be covered. The reason the warranties at Lowe's are relatively inexpensive is because we don't offer in-home service on all products. If you were able to haul the snowblower home, you should be able to haul it back for repairs.

If you had not purchased a warranty, the price to get the snowblower fixed would have been outrageous. I would count your blessings.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes didnt read the constitution

We just recieved a memo about posting things online such as you tube and twitter and the like. they can kiss my ***. freedom baby freedom. this is what there worried about instead of the slave treatment that they dole out everyday to there employees who are pounding the cement making there 15 billion profit possible. *** you lowes. each employee should unionize or start stealing. there return policy promotes it. rock on red vests. im so sick of hearing about the thousands ready to take my job. that just makes me work hard enough to not get fired. and you wont have to take my job you can have it. i can find another dead end job
Review

Lowes in Camden, New Jersey - Fisher Paykel Smartload washer & gas dryer.

In the past 6 years I had 9 service calls for my fisher & paykel washer & dryer. As I look at postings on net I see these same complaints from many others. I do not understand why a recall has not been issued. The dryer bearings were replaced twice. The washer leaks. The circuit board was replaced on washer.Today I'm waiting for another service call for loud noise & vibrating dryer. All I can say is my previous WHIRLPOOL washer & dryer never had a service call. Like they say they don't build them like they used to. SAVE yourself money & NEVER BUY FISHER PAYKEL

I have the same F and P washer and dryer. The washer once had a clogged diverter valve that I was able to clean out (thank God!) but the dryer had a few problems. The main drum bearing on the right (while looking at the machine) fails on early machines. The retro-fit is relatively easy to DIY. Next, the tensioner wheels bearings got really squeaky. I was able to go to the local hardware store and get some bronze bushings that were a tenth of a millimeter bigger. That fix lasted a year or so. The burner wouldn't light so I had to get a new igniter. Then the tensioner wheel bearings failed horribly. The actual aluminum wheel was all worn out to about 3-16 times the normal size. That was a call to F and P's parts center in LACA. I to the parts and a new belt and all is well. Most of the stuff that fails is pretty easy to just roll up your sleeves and DIY it. That said, I akin the F and P stuff to a Volkswagen: It sucks when it fails and it's a pain in the *** to fix, but when it's working as it should, there's nothing like it!!

Peace out.

DH

I'm having the same problems with the Fisher & Paykel Smartload washer and dryer. The washer leaks and also the dryer is making an unbearable noise which can be heard throughout the entire house.

I'm very dissatisfied. I will never buy this brand again.

I bought a Fisher-Paykel Aquasmart washer from Loeb's 5 years ago for $899. They also sold me 4 year Extended protection plan for $99.97.

Loeb's was pushing this model very hard! The display panel on it went blank. Seems that they have a five year lifetime programmed in F-P codes.

It turns out that the original display unit is obsolete!!

It is really amazing that a LCD Display became obsolete so fast! The only option now is to replace machine control also. The two parts cost more than $450 at SEARS.

Labor may be another $100, for a total of $550.

This is plain ripoff. Anyone else having similar built-in obseleince problem?

5-year-old Fisher Paykel dryer circuit board pooped out 3 weeks ago. Cost a mint to replace the board and the new one is doing exactly what the old one did.

A week later, the washer quit (must be a 5 yr. timer for failur). Estimate was $375 so we bought a new and very simple Admiral (Maytag) washer for $299 at Home Depot.

No more state of the art for me !!!!!! Boy am I pissed!

My Fisher Paykel Dryer is only 2 years old. My husband and I only use it maybe once a week.

This dryer is loud and sweaking! They say it is probably the bearings that have gone out!

The service call will be around 300.00 to replace the bearings! I have never liked this dryer, do not buy this product!

@Cathy

I've had mine for 8 years and am just getting service on the washer (pump went). Mind you I use my washer heavily. I just love my washer....no complaints.

View more comments (5)
Review

LOWES in Homestead Fl.100%disabled vet.REFUSED ANY PHYSICAL help to transport 85lds.A/C

I am a 100% DISABLED OFFICER WITH A SEVERE SPINAL CORD INJURY. MY 3MON. OLD 85LBS. DANBY 11K, $430.00 A/C unit SUDDENLY STARTED BANGING/SHAKING at 2 am. a BURNING SMELL DEVELOPED ! I UNPLUGGED IT. LOWES IN HOMESTEAD FL. RUDELY REFUSED ANY SPECIAL HELP LIFTING, MOVING, RETURNING, OR RAPIDLY REPLACING THE NEW-DEFECTIVE UNIT. I CAN NOT LIFT OVER 10 LBS !! I HAVE SURGICAL PARTS IMPLANTED IN MY SPINE ! (PLS. READ MEDICAL REMARKS BELOW). LOWES WAS NOT EVEN POLITE IN IGNORING MY REQUESTS FOR SPECIAL HELP, LOWES BEHAVED SHAME-FULLY AND UN PROFESSIONALLY, AFTER 5 TRANSFERRED PHONE NUMBERS LATER. LOWES CORPORATE SENT ME TO THE "EXTENDED SERVICE" COMPANY . I CAN'T USE THIS POLICY BECAUSE IT ISN'T OVER TWO YEARS YET ! DON'T BUY THIS PLAN THE MONEY IS NOT REFUNDABLE !!... I EXPLAINED THAT IF IT BECOMES TOO HOT IN MY MIAMI MOBILE HOME, MY HEART GOES INTO S.V.T. (SUPER FAST RATE,OVER 200 BPM.S). I WAS TRANSFERRED TO "DENBY A/C SERVICE" NEXT... NOW, I WAS RESPECTFUL AND POLITE I EXPLAINED I WAS DISABLED LINE OF DUTY, MY CIRCUMSTANCES MEANT NOTHING TO LOWES, I DON'T UNDERSTAND PEOPLE LIKE "THIS" NOW SO FAR, 1. LOWES REFUSED TO JUST "EXCHANGE" THE UNIT. 2. LOWES REFUSED TO CREDIT IT TOWARD A DIFFERENT A/C. UNIT. 3. WILL NOT REFUND THE CASH, SO I CAN REPLACE IT BEFORE IT BECOMES TOO HOT 4. A SERVICE SUB-CONTRACTOR WILL CALL ME WITHIN TWO WEEKS, TO MAKE APPOINTMENT TO COME VERIFY IT IS BROKEN ?. 5. 1ST. SERVICE PERSON WILL SET-UP A "HOME-REPAIR" APPOINTMENT, AFTER EVALUATING WHAT MUST BE FIXED. REPAIR PERSON WILL RESPOND WITHIN 2 WEEKS TO REPAIR THE A/C UNIT AT MY HOME. 6. IF SECOND REPAIR PERSON CERTIFIES THE UNIT IS BEYOND REPAIR, IT CAN THEN BE RETURNED !!! 7. IF I CAN SOME HOW CARRY THIS HUGE UNIT TO LOWES IN HOMESTEAD FL ??. IT IS UP TO THE FIRST MANAGER WHO REFUSED TO HELP ME AT ALL, IN THE FIRST PLACE TO DECIDE IF THEY WILL HONOR, 1. THE STORES GOODWILL AND GOOD NAME POLICY, 2. THE LOWES 91 DAY EXCHANGE/REFUND POLICY , 3. THE DANBY 1YR. POLICY AGREEMENT. 4. LOWES ALREADY REFUSED TO CREDIT/RETURN THE 2YR. $35.00 EXTENDED POLICY (DONT BUY A EXTENDED POLICE UNTIL YOU HAVE A PRODUCT 11MOS. OLD !!). IF YOU HAVE BEEN SHOT-UP PROTECTING YOUR COUNTRY DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM LOWES IN HOMESTEAD FL. THAT WEIGHS OVER 10 POUNDS !. DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING THAT MIGHT BREAK AFTER IT LEAVES THE STORE. DON'T EXPECT TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER A SECOND TIME, ABOUT THE SAME SUBJECT, EVER. (COULDN'T REMEMBER THE NAME AFTER THE MORASS OF UNPROFESSIONAL DOUBLE TALK). THIS A/C UNIT COST OVER 1/2 MY MONTHLY CHECK. I WAS POLITE, I ALMOST BEGGED AT SEVERAL POINTS IN ABOUT 8 CALLS. I DON'T HAVE THE 1ST. APPOINTMENT YET. THIS IS A HORRIBLE WAY TO TREAT ANYONE. IT IS SO DEPRESSING TO BE THIS DISABLED, TO BE IGNORED AND TREATED THIS BADLY. DO YOU KNOW HOW HOT A TRAILER GETS IN MIAMI, WHEN THERE IS NO WIND ? MEDICAL FACTS I SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO EXPLAIN... I have ARTIFICIAL PIECES IN MY SPINE AND AN SURGICALLY IMPLANTED COMPUTER TO BLOCK PAIN IMPULSES, THERE ARE ELECTRICAL "LEADS" GOING UP AND DOWN MY SPINE. I CAN NOT LIFT OVER 10LBS. I HAVE HEART TROUBLE WHEN ITS HOT I MAY HAVE TO BE IN THE HOSPITAL TO RESTORE RATE.

I work for lowes and we do special pick ups for customers that are unable to bring product back for people such as your self. usually we send our lowes delivery team out to pick up the unit for you and bring you out a new one.

the fact that it was purchased 3 months ago means its still within our 90 day return policy. Generally on merchandise purchased recently we can recieve credit from our vendors. I want to apologize to you for the way the store in florida is handeling your situation. it does not make sense to me.

If you have a reciept they shoud be able to take it back and swap it out for a new one for you.

I hope that sense you posted this they have been able to resolve your issue. Thank you for your servie sir.

How did you get the A/C unit into your mobile home in the first place? Why can't you have a friend or neighbor help you bring the unit back to Lowes?

I'm sorry you got hurt protecting our country and thank you for it. Sorry I don't feel you should get any special treatment from a national store, local companies would have treated you alot better.

This is what happens when you go with bigger name places. You turn into just another customer not family...

NcoClub

I am a disabled vet. First of all, stop using all caps!

It is considered rude and most will just not read your OP when using it. Second of all, sorry to say but no company should give you special consideration because you are a disabled vet.

You are a sorry individual for even bringing any of that up. Man up, and if you have a legal beef fight it!!

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - United Flooring Hudson, FL

United Flooring gives terrible customer service and floor installation services. United flooring will lie to your face and give you the worst installation from Lowes subcontractors ever. United flooring scheduling from lack's ontime commitment's. Installers are less than professional. United Flooring does not keep installers accountable to industry standards. United flooring provides all floor covering installations for Lowes and covers Hillsborough and Pasco counties. Makes floor industry look very poor at best primarily for bad service. Why Lowes allows United flooring to install the flooring professionally is a question that only Lowes Installation services can answer. I highly recommend you do not use United Flooring.

just had install today by two of the most experience, AND, courteous united flooring installers. I couldn't have been more pleased with their demeanor,efficiency, work ethic.

I believe it was a father/son team and they worked quickly and left a neat work area when finished.

Its how they are treated as to how they treat you. Don't expect miracles just sincere and honest efforts

Lowe's in Enid, Oklahoma is much worse, bribing officials and inspectors, lying to OSHA for the many roof leaks leaving puddles all over their floor, and poor work environment. The managers are the worst that I have ever dealt with, and I have visited over 32 states as a construction contractor working with Lowe's. :zzz

Bingefox

You are getting what you paid for. Let me explain.

Bye going threw loews you are using a middle man. Not to be ignorant but common sense tells you that if a company is taking less money to perform a job there is a very good reason. If Loews is taking a cut then United has to pay their employees but taking something out of the pot.

(Wich is more than what they pay their employees)you are going to get a *** install. Go with a local service, not contrator who subs out the job.

Review
#220696 Review #220696 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Installation
Loss

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - If this *** swears at my wife again I will beat his ***

My wife works at a lowes and her manager swears at her. She is afraid to lose her job if she complains because the others that have also have been fired. She busts her butt. She comes in early works on her days off help other departments and she has to deal with this *** talking like that to her. Stay Woody If I see you on the street I will beat the *** out of you. I promise. I have personally boycotted shopping there as a result of this practice of firing the good employees and hiring bad management. Demoralize me I dare you.

forget talking to HR and managent there. Call corporate office immediately and speak to the Regional HR. Then you will see something done

bigling97

Lowes HR Department, you are a ***. My mother taught me that if I have nothing relevant to say then to not say anything.

Apparently your mother was at the bar taking it in all 3 of her holes instead of teaching you a lifes lesson. So sorry you missed it but if you would like to get in line I can teach you a few lessons like how to stop excessive bleeding from your mouth.

Lowes HR. Take a good look in the mirror when you talk about inbreeding.

Lowes has collective destroyed more lives than the Nazi's did in WW2. You clearly are the Lowes SS department.

Review
#220306 Review #220306 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Livingston, New Jersey - Overcharged for door installation!

I went to Lowes to purchase and have a cliding glass patio door installed. The door was priced about right and the estimate including install was about $435. but somehow I ended up with a bill for over $1000. I called the store manager and have not heard back. It appears that I was charged almost $700 for an install that was standard and took the two men who came under two hours to complete the replacement. I saw their invoice and it gave them $125 for their work installing the door. Beware of using lowes. I found this prohibitively expensively and would not use them again.

French door takes half a day for one man. $250 basic labor. Lowe's charges around $400 for just the labor, so there was some confusion on your quote...

Why are you aluminum wrapping if you installed a high quality door correctly to start with? Aluminum wrap is a sham sold by companies to make extra money and cover up their poor craftsmanship. It's not the 1960's, there are plenty of composite materials that are better and less expensive tham aluminum wrap.

I install doors all day, every day. That is how I can do most french doors by myself in half a day.

If you guys charge $800, that is $50/hr for each guy. At $50/hr those guys are overpaid if it takes them that long. I can always use a good helper, so when your business gets slow, $8/hr is better than nothing.

man, we charge 800 bucks to replace a door

it takes all day to take a door out, flash the sill, install new door, insulate with foam, and get it to swing correctly, install new lock, re-trim inside and cap outside trim with vinyl coated aluminum, then caulk.

if these two people did all this stuff in two hours. first i don't believe it, second they probably did a really bad job. I've been doing this stuff for over 25 years.

Have you returned to the store where you made the purchase? Or contacted your install sales team?

Lowes stands behind all of their installs from start to finish and guarantees customer satisfaction.

I've never heard of an issue that a store is unwilling to fix for a customer.

Very commonly, leaving a message for a manager never really makes it to the manager, they dont work in an office environment afterall. I doubt you're being ignored and I bet theyd be willing to take care of you properly.

Review
#219272 Review #219272 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Replacement

Lowes in Augusta, Georgia - Kolbalt Toolbox! Self Destrution!

Yesterday my week old kolbalt Toolbox Fell over all by itself! These upright toolboxes are very dangerous! It is on level ground, and is not overloaded. It can hold up to 1000 lbs, Somehow, I guess on the ground with your tools all over the floor and the toolbox pieces everywhere! I hope lowes can help me with this. I need *** new toolbox. It is nothing but bent metal now! Im glad it didnt fall on a child they would be dead! I will let you know what lowes does about it. Im hoping for the best. Be careful!

Dude, this is not just Kobalt boxes that will turn over! Any up-right box can turn over if the drawers are left open and the box is moved or even bumped.

This is why you should always keep your drawers closed and locked whenever not in use, never allow children to play in or around boxes, and never move a box with locking and making sure drawers are secure before moving the box. You did not say if a wheel had given way so unless the box was over loaded it is unlikely that it will just fall over.

Remember safety starts with you and it is everyones business. Sorry to hear about your box but my Kobalt has lasted for years and I had never had that kind of problem.