Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes lousy extended warranty

I bought a Whirlpool side by side four and a half years a go. Still "supposed to have a warranty".This appliance has a meat bin in the freezer that is to narrow for the rails and when you try to pull it out it drops off one rail.I know you're thinking why now are you doing something about this problem.Truth is its a situation that only requires using the pull out the drawer two or thre times in four years to clean it.But the main thing is its still under warranty.I've been jaw boning Lowes and that half a**s company that handles their warranty coverage(Sevice Advantage) They're telling me that its a cosmetic issue.I talked to Whirlpool about this and its to late for them to do anything(whatever happened to goodwill service).They also told me its a cosmetic thing.The lady also told me its a common practice for appliance dealers to steal parts from one refrigerator to go on another one.Lowes warranty sucks.
Honest4Sure

That is an original QC issue. Probably could have gotten Whirlpool to send you another drawer close to the purchase date.

But this is not a functional (electrical, electronic,mechanical) issue so your warranty company has nothing to do with it.

There's no violation of the service contract here. Rig up something yourself to make a better fit.

well if it's been that many years it is kind of *** to complain about it now after using the product for four and a half years, I'd say get over it.

My recommendation is to speak with a manager at the store where you purchased the refrigerator. Suggest this alternative: ask if the store will reimburse you if you order the correct drawer for the refrigerator. I suggest this because you seem to imply that you think the drawer in yours isn't the correct one for your model refrigerator.

View more comments (2)

Lowes losers

Lowes is by far the worst place to work for. My managers would talk trash behind workers backs and be a smart *** to workers they did not like. They spend so much time watching workers on cameras then caring about customers. Most managers have no degree whatsoever, hence do not know the correct way to communicate in a professional manner. Its very sad to see what Lowes is doing hiring within, their getting uneducated bosses who know nothing but to try to act intimidating and scary to fellow employees. My boss would never even take a second to say hi to employees and stare at that ground when walking past him. My boss would also use slander against employees, use the buddy system for favorites. This may not be the case at other stores but it is at 447 Christiansburg Va. What a shame, I am quitting because of suck immature childish behavior by adults who act like kids.

The same holds true for all the Lowes in WNC....they all suck to work for, unless you are a pretty girl or are young then you will get fast-tracked to a cushy job.

I feel your pain. I had the same experience at a Lowes here in Georgia.

Inbred rednecks who don't know how to do their jobs. God forbid they have the title Zone manager or Sales manager...its a powertrip for them. I reported them to the EEOC.

Lowes doesn't like that. They don't like to look bad...oh well

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Dayton, Ohio - Website

I often look to find items for my home; i feel your website is not user friendly. I wanted to look at the department that has doors; but i cant it will show me your adds only...you need to change this website so it is more user friendly. You are loosing a considerable amount of business that would come to your company by this site not allowing consumers to look at what they are looking for. Now i will only have two choices, Lowes & Home Depot. I feel that i could be driving 45 minutes to your store to purchas items if i could view them first. Please try to fix this.
Product
Lowes Website

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Carpet/Door installations

i have had a terrible experience with Lowes with both a carpet and a door installation. For the carpet installation, i had someone come to my house and measure 2 rooms. No one called me with an estimate. When I called to get the estimate, the person i spoke with quoted me for rooms we were not carpeting (we were carpeting 2 bedrooms, and he was giving me quotes for carpeting a hallway). They were going to call me back, but not one did. I had to call again to get the estimate, and after 3 calls, I finally got an estimate. I was frustrated with the lack of customer service and with how hap hazardly they had handled my order that I took my business elsewhere. Someone was at my house the next day measuring, gave me a much lower quote, and installed the following week. For the doors, I ordered the doors in Nov. I paid for someone to come measure, and when the doors came in, the installed told me they came in too small. I figured since I paid for someone to measure them, i should get the right size and asked them to reorder them. Two weeks later, the sales rep called me to say they had ordered the smaller door as that was the best option and they could build around it to make it fit the space. He said the installer would call me the next day. They didnt. Two weeks later, I realized I still hadnt heard from them so i called and escalated the issue with Lowes. They immediately had the installer call me, and then the installers arrived 2 days later. Unfortunately, they ordered the doors with the handle on the wrong side which did not work for our house. So, i have canceled my order and am taking my business elsewhere. I will not go back to Lowes. I will only go to Home Depot in the future as Lowes has shown me poor customer service and has done little to nothing to rectify the issues I encountered. I actually tried to talk to a manager instead of posting something on the internet, but after the manager never returned my call after saying she would later the same day, I thought others should know of my experience in order to avoid this frustration.

Lowe's is going to give you better service than Home Depot.

Lowes and A&E Repair Service

Lowes sells me the product, but then ignores me 4 months after buying my refrig. They turn their service for appliances over to A & E who does not care, and has VERY pour service. I will never shop at Lowes again. They have contracted their service to non-responsive company that does not keep apptmnts. A & E out and out lies! So, don't buy at Lowes. You will not get service support or follow-up. As long as Lowes uses A & E, I will not buy another Lowes product. Stay away from Lowes. Angry customer just wanting follow-up and service.

A&E is horrible my washer had the drain pump go out that took two three visits. Then the 3rd visit they put *** in the start button then three visits on that they installed the new penal and and he tell me he had trouble putting it in it looks horrible he's says I can call and complain he didn't care. Never again lowes

Had the same experiences with both companies. I agree, do NOT buy from Lowes and request any service from A & E.

Poor communication, performance, and overall service.

You will be extremely disappointed if you do. This is a major WARNING.

:( same old story : 45 DAY’S OLD the ice maker stop working called for service had to wait a week and the day they show up the freezer stop working.

Part on order take up to 14 day that poor business .

Ask for a new one they said they have to try to fix it first. What a bunch B/S

:( I have had the same experience with A & E. We have a dishwasher that was purchased from Lowes that has broken.

We were referred to A & E through Lowes for the repair. We were given a 5 hour time window in which they would come for the repair but no one ever came. I contacted the company again that evening to let them know and reschedule - they had no knowledge that the repair person never came. Monday we were given another 5 hour repair window.

I called Monday morning to confirm that someone would come and to get a more narrow window. The scheduling agent was extremely rude and told me that we missed our appointment Saturday because there was not anyone home. We were here the entire time! I was also told that I would have to reschedule because they do not have me scheduled today either, the agent I spoke to Saturday never booked the apt.!!

She put me on hold and then sent me back to the menu line so I could start the process over again. I called back and I asked for a manager, she asked if she could put me on hold for 1-2 minutes. I waited 8 minutes and then was disconnected by A&E. I have no appointment scheduled and still have a broken dishwasher.

I called a local company - they came out w/in 2 hours of taking my call.

DO NOT use A & E!!!!! :(

I am so upset with Lowes and A&E. I had the same situation happen to me 8 weeks ago.

I talked to Lowes they set up the appt with A&E they gave me their number I called and confirmed the very next day. I waited that long so that I knew that gave Lowes and A&E to get the request and whatever paperwork they needed for the service appt for my dryer. I spoke to a VERY rude lady she said that they had my request and my appt booked, but that the time frame was from 9-12. I took that morning off which was very hard for me to do bc I am a single mom of 5 children and a grandbaby, but of course A&E nor Lowes cared.

I called that morning to confirm the appt and that same rude lady said "if we have you scheduled we will be there" again I asked for an ETA and she couldn't tell me. Well 11:00 came and no call no tech; 11:30 no call no tech...So once again I call and that rude lady said we don't have you on the books! I flipped and asked to speak to a mgr, and boy was that a joke! He was just as rude so I cancelled the appt after he hung up on me.

I had to call back 7 times for someone to answer. I called Lowes to let them know what happened and they didn't really care, but had another company come out 8 days later. Well guess what, my dryer went out again for the same reason...Guess who they wanted to send out? A&E!

I said HE!! NO!!! So they sent out another company which the timeframe wasn't any better but they showed up. Well, after they figured out what was wrong (after I told them exactly what was wrong) they had me down for yesterday to come out and fix it...Lowes didn't ship the dam# parts!

I call Lowes and the guy tells me that they are shipping the parts today and that it will take 5-7 business days to get the parts and at that point I can call the other company to schedule the fixing of my dryer...I to will NEVER buy anything from Lowes again...and if Sears only uses A&E looks like Oliver Dyer is my new appliance vendor! :( :( :(:(

Honest4Sure

In year one, you can use any mfr authorized repair service. Go to the mfr website and get a listing. Don't need the store involved

all you have to do, is return the item as defective to Lowes. they have a warranty for one year on the product after which it goes to A and E for repair. Maybe Lowes will catch on that customers are not going to put up with their *** and they will change repair companies.

Agree with all neagt6ive comments about A & E, they are happy to set up an appointment, but then you wait for 3+ weeks for simple parts to arrive to actually fix my appliances. Would love to say this is the first time, but it happens EVERYTIME and we have no other choice because we paid for a (useless) warranty,

I agree totally - took off four hours for an appt that was scheduled between 1-5 pm.I called that day at 11 am to see if I could get a more precise time frame - nope was told between 1-4. At 4:30 called and was told the technician was running late- I got upset because if that was the case why did I take 4 hours of my personal leave time??

When I asked the service person for his name he hung up on me.Called back at 5 and spoke to someone who put me through to routing at which time I was told the service had been rescheduled because there was no available service technician in my area that day.

Worse customer service ever!! Called the escalation department and still waiting for a response back !!

Did you know that A&E pretty much has the market cornered on appliance repair? Oh...

Did you know that A&E is a SEARS company? So where do you plan on buying your appliances JK AS

View more comments (9)

Lowes in Bellevue, Washington - Lowe's Credit GEMB

Use lowes credit card aka GE Mony Bank all the time. GE only allows us 750 limit. Credit is perfect but we have noticed GE has been lowering our limits on many of our cards. We called and where told we dont charge enough, carry balances long enough.. so we paid off our lowes and closed it along with 11 other Ge Money bank cards we had (dillards,belks,walmart,pennys,steinmart to name a few)we complained to lowes the manager did nothing...with a 750 credit limit and us owning 9 rental houses that always needs something 750 does not buy much we will now shop at Home depot which just gave me a 5000.00 limit the was offering 10,000 but i said 5k was more than enough to use in a 30 day as we pay off our balances when the rent comes in.....Banks and credit companies are killing american business.
#332021

I shop Lowe's every week ( I did). Sign,said to use your card and get 5% off every purchase.

I signed up and was turned down on the spot. I have 50 years of perfect credit,Pay off every month. No bills. 800+ credit score.

Yon need to get rid of GE Money bank.

Fire them. They will kill your business like they did GE,once a great co.

Product
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes in Fremont, New Hampshire - Incompetent staff and terrible service.

The Lowes in Epping New Hampshire door installation dept. is incompetent and makes numerous mistakes that cause delays and problems with the intallations. They ordered the wrong door twice for my home. I started this process in October 2010 looking for a door and it is now January 10th, 2011 and they called today to say again to say they ordered the wrong door. They canceled 3 installation appointments. I would never do business with them again and would avoid them to install a door for your home. I had to rearrange my schedule for the installations that never ocurred.
Bobo71863

The Door and Window installation dept. of Lowes (Epping, NH) is incompetent.

I had started looking for a door with Lowes in October 2010. They ordered the wrong door twice and cancelled 3 installatin appointments. They called today January 10th, 2011 to tell me they ordered the wrong door. They said it would take another 21 days to get a new door.

This would take me into February to get a new door. Should it take 5 months to get a door installed into my home?

NO!!!! :sigh

Service
Lowes Installation

Big Lowes Fail on delivery and installation

From the start to the end of my experience in ordering GE Profile range and range hood, Lowes dropped the ball. I shopped online and ordered those items by phone from our local store; the person in appliances told me I'd get the receipt in the mail; it never came. If only that were all; the first attempt to deliver the range by the agreed date failed; it was rescheduled for three days later. As a compensation for the missed delivery, the Lowes manager agreed to have the range hood installed for free, which was satisfactory to me. Two days later the installer arrived. While I was elsewhere, he placed the range hood box on my new range, somehow managed to bump a know that turned a back burner on high, and set the box on fire. I come from the back room to a house full of noxious smoke, ash and embers on my kitchen floor, and a box on fire in my front yard. The house still smelled like an incinerator two days later, and the back burner was ruined with melted waxy material permanently scorched on. Of course, Lowes agred to replace the range. When I hadn't heard from them about a delivery date for that, and it was time to pay the credit card bill with the charge on it, I worked with my credit card company to do a chargeback. Having their money taken back finally got their attention. However, here I still sit, 48 days after first ordering this item, waiting fo them to deliver the exchanged range. They said it would come in the morning; at 11;30 I called delivery, to find that a "glitch in the system" kept it from going out. Despite the individual efforts of some people I worked with there (and you never of course work with the same person) to sincerely make thing right,I believe that LOWES is really the glitch in the system. Shop Menards, shop Home Depot; just please, don't give them your business!

Lowes in Barnegat Township, New Jersey - Dishwasher delivered broken

The first time I used the dishwasher it would not run through an entire cycle. Called Lowes. They sent a repair man out two weeks after the call. The repair man said it was error 13. Needed a bigger valve not enough water pressure.Got the valve in two days. Repair man was a "no show", for the second appt. I called back Lowes they got them to come back 4 days later to install. Still doesn't work.Lowes made three other repair calls "all no shows". I missed 4 days of work.Lowes will not call me back.I've had a broken dishwasher since October 7th.They say they will call me back and don't. Don't go to lowes and don't buy Whirlpool. I am out 400.00 and 4 days worth of pay.Worst two companies ever!!

Another Broken Whirlpool Dishwasher from Lowes...

I had a similar experience. Bought new Whirlpool dishwasher from Lowes and within a few days, it started turning itself off mid-cycle.

We had better luck with repair people (A&E) coming on the appointed day, though they were 1.5 hours late two out of three times.

I wrote a review about the specific product on the Lowes site and even though it met their policies, they emailed me that my review was rejected. That tells me that reviews on their site can't be trusted any more than the products they sell.

Loss

Lowes in Brunswick, Maine - Lowe's Switch and Bait-quoted one price and charged another

I ordered 17 Pella Windows from Lowe's located in Augusta, Maine. The project specialist, James Squeglia, came to my home and did the preliminary measurement for the window sizes. Then within a week the installer came to my home and did the final measurements. James gave me a install quote of $101.69 per window. Keep in mind that Lowe's advertises the install cost at $99.00. In any event, I told him to go ahead and order the windows. He came to my home and brought the papers for me to sign. This where I missed the boat. At the time I was placing a new floor in my family room and was preoccupied. I signed the agreement. The next day I was reviewing the cost and the installation cost was now $178.38 per window. I called Jim and he told me the increase was due to the level of trim around the windows and the installer said it would be time consuming and would take two and half days to complete the project. Well as usual Lowe's screws up again. The order, I was told was placed on October 06, 2010. Lowe's messed up and the order was not placed until seven days later. Then I get a call from the installer informing me that he will not be able to install the windows until November 29, 2010 due to his workload. I then called Lowe's and talked to Janet in install and informed her this was not acceptable because I did not want to be installing windows when the snow was flying. Lowe's fortunately had another installer that was located in my home town. And Janet made arrangements for the windows to be installed in a reasonable manner. I received a call from Janet and she asked if it was okay with me for the replacement installer to install the windows on Sunday. I said no problem. The installer did an excellent job! What was the consequences? The quote from the first installer was based on two and a half days. The replacement installer replaced all seventeen windows in six hours. This is where I am pissed off.....I was told the increased cost was due the level of trim. The replacement installer told me that he would have charged $130.00 per window. The monetary damage is about $800.00. This to be was a classic bate and switch. In addition, to the insult to injury Lowe's requires that in order to do the preliminary measurement they require a fee of $35.00. Which I paid. If you purchase the windows they then give you credit off the final purchase price. On the invoice the credit did no appear. I questioned the credit not appearing on the invoice and was told by James that he adjusted the price of the windows to reflect the credit. Never happened the credit showed up as .01 cents. As you can imagine I am not a happy camper. This to me was one big scam.

This bait n switch seems to be par of their contractor service desk...(any large purchase)....The price match competitors then deliver a inferior product. Lowes claims they operate as such to prevent apples to apples implimentation, But end providing the consumer with rotten apples. Then have a hard time hororing their coupons or rebates...