Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Roanoke, Virginia - Lowe's laminate countertop order wrong in every way

We ordered laminate countertops from Lowe's Home Improvement of Christiansburg and when the came in everything was wrong. Several measurements were off. Some of the backsplashes were not at a 180 degree angle, one backsplash was missing, and some were warped. One the second order of the one without the backsplash, it came in again WITHOUT a backsplash. My husband agreed to accept 5 of the 6 pieces with a discount, but wishes he hadn't since they don't fit together at the seam evenly. After my husband drove out to pick up the reorder and found it wrong, he asked that Lowe's deliver it free, and they accepted. However, we wish that we had never done business with the incompetant people providing these countertops. Apparently Lowe's puts in the order, one company makes the countertops, and one cuts them. This obviously makes many errors along the way from all parties.
Review
#205585 Review #205585 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Shelton, Connecticut - Did not honor warranty

Belt on mower was defective after 6 uses. Bonco Troybilt riding mower. Lowes and Troybilt would not honor the warranty because it is a belt. 6 TIMES used and less than a year old. Belt not covered under warranty. BUT six times? I tried to explain the care I take with this mower because of the investment of over a thousand dollars but it fell on deaf ears. I accept that the warranty does not cover belts but felt something was wrong or defective with the belt. Lowes answer was that if I hadn't paid for the repairs they could have made a ONE time exception and paid for the repair. I told them the company certainly wasn't going to release my mower with an upaid bill. Oh well Lowes said. The repair company (recommended by Lowes) was suprised a belt could deteriorate so quickly. Again, didn't matter to Lowes. AND Troybilt was a total waste of time. My neighbor warned me about Troybilt mowers but did I listen? Looks like I go back to Home Depot from now on.
Review
#205363 Review #205363 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Went to the new Lowes store in San Fernando, Ca, and asked for a few paint stir sticks. Ulysses in the paint dept said I have to but paint to get any. I told him that I bought $200 in paint there in the last month, and he said that did not matter. I asked for Manager,...

Just go to a PPG Porter paints store or a Sherwin-Williams (although I hate SW) they will give stir sticks for free.

Review
#205125 Review #205125 is a subjective opinion of poster.

AA and LOWES CARSALES OF LARNE SCAM ARTISTS

Bought car from Lowes car sales of Larne for £4700 plus my own car trade in. Unknown to me and not meantioned in any car history or service papers i got. Car leaks, has faulty electrics and no spare tyre AND 6 weeks later the turbo goes in the car. Contacted Larne and told nothing to do with them as warrenty with AA. Contacted AA followed their strict to catch you out procedure completly and they assured me they would pay the bill. Came to paying bill and they wouldnt cover it. Claimed it was wear and tear even though it clearly states in my policy that anything under 70000 miles can not be claimed as wear and tear. Car has 62335 miles. And of course they both have been blaming eachother and now are both ignoring my calls. Anyday i ring which is everyday costing me a small fortune both their managners are never in work. Completly pissed i have been ripped of for a small fortune and both these sets of people can get away with ripping customers of.
Review
#204476 Review #204476 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes of larne sold me a piece of *** for £4700

lowes of larne scam artists sold me a car for £4700 that unknown to me leaked water, no spare tyre, faulty electrics and 8 weeks later turbo goes. Had to be replaced for another £1200. When contacted larne told nothing to do with them warranty with AA. Contacted AA and followed their strict procedure told no problem they would cover cost. Then when came to paying bill they wouldnt pay up.I was told it was wear and tear even though it clearly states in my policy anything under 70000 cannot be claimed as wear and tear. The car has 62335 miles. Both *** buisnesses are ignoring my calls apparently both their managers are never in work any day of the week. Never trust anybody are anything to do with cars again all SCAM ARTISTS.

I would well believe this I tested a car from them drove like a bucket of CABBAGE!!!!

#206395

This site is about Lowes stores. They sell home improvement and appliances and such.

They do not sell cars. The Lowes you have cited, are not the same Lowes.

View more comments (1)
Review
#204473 Review #204473 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes in Seattle, Washington - Didn"t give me the correct cost of 2 countertops

i order countertops from the lakewood wa. lowes.the store associate gave me the total for the purchase,$2100.00 waited 3 weeks for installation, installer came and installed one countertop said his paper work only said one L shape counter. my counter is not L . it straight. long story short store associate only ordred one and now wants another approx $1000.00 for the other one as she forgot to add the square feet of both counters together. store associate says this is lowes cost. not happy at all. if i had know the real cost. i would have had an opprotunity to choose something else.
#792002

sounds like an honest mistake. why wouldn't you expect to pay for the actual item you wanted in the first place. did you not look at the drawing/quote and pricing prior to paying?

if the price seems to good..... you share some responsibility as well ..

you got what you paid for.. be more informed , it's always someone else's fault isn't it

didn't price seem a little low to you when you made the purchase? would have been more anywhere else, stop crying and pay for what you want, you can't be an ignorant consumer and expect to be rewarded for it.

you had to see a drawing and then were there for templating.

typical lowes customer.. i don't know anything abouit what I'm purchasing .i want compensation

#207280

Stand your ground, make them eat it. i work for LOWES the squeaky wheel gets greased.

View more comments (3)
Review
#203862 Review #203862 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Installation
My experience with Lowes' carpet installation was shocking and insulting to decent, honest people. Thankfully, I halted my purchase and will never buy carpet from Lowes. On a room that measured 11' 4" by 19' 4" (rounded up to 12' by 20' - 240 square...

Same thing here. Way over on measurement. When Lowes runs a carpet special which

includes carpet, pad, move furniture, haul away old carpet at one low price - beware.

They recoup their money for all these extras by quoting more square feet than you really need!

View more comments
Review
#203111 Review #203111 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Stone Mountain, Georgia - Waiting on free nail gun for one month

Sale paper advertisement stated buy 12 inch Hitachi dual miter saw and get a 2 inch Hitachi brad nailer free.We went to the Lowe's store before sale was over which was Sept 23.They said we could pick up nail gun on October 01.I called a week after pickup date and they said it had not come in.Then on October 9 we went to Lowe's and ask why it was taking so long.They called store on Dallas hwy and they had 4 at that store but they said we could not get one there, we would have to wait until they got some at that store.I explained to girl at inf desk we really needed it on the 9 but she said we would just have to wait.She was talking to someone named mark on the phone in store.The store where we bought this is on east west connector in Austell, Ga.We have bought many things in Lowe's including my Freezer,so I would appreciate an explanation on my email.(janetwilloughby91@yahoo.com.)We are very disappointed and was in Statesboro,Ga this past weekend and mentioned the way the Lowe's here in Austell has treated this matter.As of today Oct 17 we have heard nothing.We are very disappointed at the way this has been handled.Janet Willoughby.
#201478

If you are upset because you did not get something for free you have issues.

Review
#203056 Review #203056 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Advertisement

Lowes extended warranty

Poor Service. I am now 2 months into getting my Washing Machine Fixed. I have the extended warranty and it has been an absolute waste of time. 1) Filled out Extended Warranty on line, no response. 2) Go into store, they put me in touch with person online (Good) set up a new time( 2 days to wait, Good), but I am not contacted by that said company until they are @ my door step, but I find out Lowes had my number wrong. 3) Seems I pissed that said company off for not having some one home. 4) Reschedule, give info on error message, brand of washing machine (Samsung) and serial number 5) Service guy comes to house and confesses that he knows nothing about Samsung, but will have to research machine after confirming error 6) unfortunately can get the machine to get error, yet I told him it needs to take a little while and will show it self. 7) Service guy leaves, machines get error and need to start again 8) Call Lowes get another service guy out, beg with Lowes to send a company on list that is has been certified by Samsung (Can be done on Samsung's site in 1 minute) 9) They send out a new company that has know idea how to service See note 6) This time error occurs, service guy unplugs machine, plugs machine back in and it goes away, says fixed, yet we plead with him we already did this to no avail. 10) Goes away, 5 minutes after we get error. 11) call back and he needs to order part 12 ) we are know waiting for part from Lowes to be delivered. .............. My opinion is that extended warranties are a rip off and only add to the pockets of those at the top. It would be better to hold that money in a trust until the product breaks. That way to can get a reputable company out to fix your product instead of the contract person that works out of their house.

just bought a lawnmower, and to make a long story short, lows took about 3 months to replace it. in the meantime, i had to pay to get my lawn cut.

@Robby

Retail contracts have NEVER included loss of service clauses. Plus, these contracts have NEVER had guarantees of service efficiency or time frames.

Just not worth the stress.

Especially if you knew of the actual reasons for the delay. Retail consumer contracts are NEVER consumer friendly.

Gary-- Paso Robles, Calif.

Bought a lawn mower-Troybuilt-$362 with Lowes protection Plan

on 5-7-13. On October 8, 2013 it quit running while cutting

the grass. Could not turn over engine. They now say warranty is

no good. I must pay $140.00 to fix it. My advise, never buy

anything from Lowes and expect to have it covered by the warranty.

Better yet don't buy anything from Lowes.

@Gary

Troybuilt comes with a 2-year warranty. You purchased an additional year or two only. ("3" or "4") year plan. Why? The plan does NOT take liability under mfr warranty. The terms and conditions tell it all, if not deceptively and in mouse print. IF any reason for failure in any year is deemed to be "user error," you're SOL. This includes anything related to gas, charging, oil, etc. Plan also excludes all other maintenance items such as belts, oil issues, blades, filter, etc. Buyer beware is the rule, and the law.

Plus, the mfrs "dealers" are usually not part the "extended" network.

BTW, Mowers motors last 10 years with proper maintenance.

All I need is an agitator, never heard of one breaking, but this one did..Two and a half weeks to get someone out to look at the problem and tell me what it is. Won't send me one, have to have a "specialist" tell me it's broke.What a joke..last extended warranty i'll ever buy. Guess now that i've made everyone mad, including the guy who couldn't speak english, i'll probably never get it fixed!

I too am a Lowes customer, who purchased a Samsung washer and dryer April 2010. Dryer went out a week ago.

Immediately contacted Lowes Extended Warranty Service, waited for a week for a service person to come out and do a diagnostic check of my dryer that was blowing cold air. I knew that the part needed would be a heating element, but he didn't have the part and said he would have to order it. Meanwhile, I still have clothes that I cannot wash - family of five with two young children. Contacted Warranty Customer Service again to file a complaint and also got someone who did'nt care whether my dryer was ever fixed or if I even had one.

Also lost a whole day due to this matter.

Don't think that I will ever purchase another extended warranty and maybe not even major appliances from Lowes. :(

Purchasing lowes extended warranty was a waste of money! I will never again purchase anything from these *** We purchased a fridge a few years back and got the extended warranty (HUGE mistake) about a year ago we started having problems with the freezer so we called lowes and they had a company (mr appliance) come to fix it....

They "fixed" it but nothing changed, our freezer still didn't work. We called lowes again and it took them forever to get the appliance company to come out again. Long story short, the appliance company came out several times for almost a year but never managed to resolve the issue. Well in the middle of lowes not doing anything about it my warranty expired and now they've left me hanging.

They had another company come out to look at it and when the company called them with an 800 estimate, lowes advised them to leave because my warranty was expired!!! No ***! They knew it was expired before they sent them out! That was the whole point of them hiring a different company...

Because mr appliance couldn't fix it. DONT SHOP AT LOWES

All I can say to this is every customer I haved sold appliances to have given me outstanding reports on the extended warrenties.

All I can say is I am on my 10th repair service for my washer and dryer with Lowe's. 3 times I have taken off work and they have no show no called.

Ordering the wrong part seems to be their specialty.

I will never again as much as buy a pack of gum for Lowe's. Unbelievable!!!!!!

We bought a whirpool dishwasher from you inn 4/2010. We purchased the extended warranty; it started rusting on the front in 12/2011.

I called and was scheduled with All Valley appliance, they called to confirm my appointment and had a different time that I was given by lowes, they were rude and could not give me a time that worked with me. I called lowes back and was given a time with Active appliance, they did the same thing. They were so rude. I googled both companies and they had some really bad reviews.

I called back and was given an appointment with General Appliance. They again called me and gave me a different time. I rearranged my schedule to fit the appointment, the night before they left a message at 5:30 changing my time, they didn’t ask if it was okay, just that they were coming in the afternoon instead of the morning. I tried calling back put was hung up on several times.

I left a message with the company and no one called me back in the morning, I called was told it was an emergency and so I again rearranged my schedule to accommodate them. The guy showed up took a quick look and took a picture; he was at my house a total of 2 minutes. I tried talking to him but I could hardly understand a word he was saying. He threw a paper at me with the company number and told me to call them.

I called and was told it had to be authorized. This was on 2/3, I called on 2/15 and was told it was not covered. I asked why didn’t call me and was told it was not there responsibly to call me. They were so rude!

I am so frustrated everyone I have talked to has been so rude and acted like they were doing me a huge favor by coming to my house.

I called Lowes and was told it was not covered. I have looked at all my paper work and it does not say that this is not cover. I was told when we bought it that it coved everything!

The tech never even opened the dishwasher to see why it’s rusting.

They are sending a second tech out to look at it. We are getting ready to replace out fridge and oven and we will not be buying whirpool and we will not be shopping at Lowes!

#392069

Our washer failed in mid November and the Lowes vendor, Universal TV Techs has not been able to fix it in two tries. We are now scheduled for a third attempt next week. The washer will have been broken for 6 weeks at that time.

Lowes extended service department doesn't care and their vendor is rude and has no concern.

I purchased a Sumsung front loading Dryer from Lowes 2 yrs ago. I have the 4 yr extended warranty. The dryer suddenly stopped heating.

Monday: I called the warranty number, they said no one is in our area to service the dryer, said they will call back next day.

Tuesday: They called me, said they can send someone next Monday! A whole week??? I told them that is unacceptable. So I called the Lowes store where I bought the dryer. They agree that I should have service in 2-3 days at most. They tell me there is another service center in my area. I call the warranty number again, tell the what my Lowes store said. They say they will investigate this other service and call me back next day.

Wednesday: Warranty calls me back, they can't use the service that Lowes suggested, I will have to wait til Monday.

I would NEVER buy another warranty from Lowes, Never!

I have had numerous problems with Lowes stores where I bought an item and each time I have had to go online and file complaints with the corporate office in order to get anything done. I highly recommend that if the store does not listen to you, go online and write your complaint at their corporate office,they will contact the store and get the problem resolved for you.

Honest4Sure

@Anonymous & @ D.C. - Extended warranty plan administrator makes agreements with repair services who accept their fees, not necessarily the best, the qualified or the fastest. You're better off saving the money and going through the mfr yourself if you ever have an issue.

What a terrible customer service problem! I have a Samsung refrigerator less than two years old.

It developed a sudden water leak from inside th cabinet, flooding the kitchen. I called the extended warranty number and was told that no service available for a week. I objected to the long time with a non-functioning refrigerator. Mwas told that they would look for another repair service and call back.

Called next day ad gave appointment for following day. I called service vendor and was told that no appointment existed and that soonest would be a week or more.

extended warranty company is terrible. Lowes customer care hasn't offered any other solutions.

Not ideal, but Lowes does recognize that when they sell products that fail the customer expects some recourse to be available to them from the store that sold them the product. The cost of an extended warranty doubles the warranty time and the product can be replace at the local store no questions asked.

Certainly better than Home Depot. Home Depot current store policy is any customer who has a problem and that product is covered by a warranty they are directed to that vendor. The local store will do nothing and cannot do nothing. This has resulted in a flood of HD customers complaints being posted on the web - what else can they do?

Recently HD response to the flood of bad publicity has resulted in a "SocialTeam". Customer Service surfs the web and posting the message "I would like to look into this for you as soon as possible. If you could email me @homedepot.com, with your contact and information, I can assist. Thank you in advance - Social Media Resolution Expediter, Home Depot ." When you do contact them them, they give you the email address of the vendor.

Which is exactly what the local store did. THAT IS ALL THEY DO. HD what is wrong with you?

I speak from costly hard learned experience at Home Depot. I recommend you just pay Lowe's extended warranty, it is better than what the other store is going to do for you.

Lowes is now selling their own extended warranties because of the bad customer service from their previous warranty company. The reason why the previous company is so bad is because a few years ago they stopping using good service centers and started using the cheapest technicians they could find.

I heard they use the same service center that is owned by Sears so I think it's funny the previous post says that Sears is good and this one is bad when they are the same company. At least Lowes cares enough about their customers to not renew their contract with the bad extended warranty.

Lowes repair service is not good, and not worth paying for. Home Depot is bad too.

In my experience, the only appliance warranty repair service that's any good is Sears - it's far from perfect, but they have a real service organization with trained techs and supplies of parts. If you can get the same deal at Sears, buy from them for the warranty service

Had a bad experience with the extended protection plan with them too. They had someone come out only to have them tell me while something is wrong with the machine they can't tell what - so they can't fix it.

Lowes response was they could send someone else out - but if the same thing happens again I have to pay for the service call.

#205377

We have been very pleased with the Lowe's service on their Extended Protection Plan. We have had two occassions to file claims.

Both were handled quickly, efficiently, and with no hassles. We will continue to buy the Plans when we purchase from Lowe's.

#201743

I am three months into an Electrolux dryer repair with the "so called Extended Warranty co" from Lowes. Spent a fortune on High End Washer and Dryer from them.

8 visits , more than that many parts ordered and installed and finally escalated to the store and the corp Execs. Asked to have the machine replaced and was denied. All of the people at the store are great but they are helpless when it comes to getting results from the Warranty co, its a different company. FYI...Lowes has fired this current Warranty co recently and plans to take it elsewhere,(but has not done so yet) so we are victems of this change over.

Im dumping my year old $1500 dryer back on the door step of the store and buying another one elsewhere.

The 8, four hour windows ive waited over the past three months and the dryer not working have cost me more than that already. Beware if you buy an extended warranty at Lowes.

View more comments (20)
Review
#203050 Review #203050 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Lowes Warranty
Loss

Lowes in Paducah, Kentucky - Not a manufacturer or a repair shop.

As someone who has worked in retail for many years, and who currently works for Lowe's I have a couple of things I think needs to be pointed out. This is the reality for most retail firms I would think. 1. Lowe's is not a manufacturer. That Christmas tree that won't light up on one side this year? It wasn't made by us. We just sold it. We didn't sit in the back of the store and say "Hey, let's tear this up so it won't work right next year so the customer will get mad and think we're *** when we won't return it." We had nothing to do with it. Promise. 2. We don't do repairs in the store. Repairs are sent out to shops that the manufacturer has designated to be official repair shops. Whether you have an EPP or not and you have brought your two year old mower in for repair, please don't come in and get angry with the Customer Service associate who has no idea where your mower is. It's not in the back of the store, it's at an off-site repair facility. And please don't pull the "Lowe's doesn't honor their products!" when we want to send it out for repair. The manufacturer is upholding their end of the bargain. Once you've bought something and have had it past the period of being able to return it, then the issue is between you and the manufacturer, not you and Lowe's. See point #1. Lowe's does not manufacture any products. In conclusion, I know some of this sounds pretty harsh. Many Lowe's associates go out of their way to give great customer service. We don't like returning the amount of defective products that we return, because that means we have less money to work with. I personally want every item that goes out of my store to work perfectly and never have a problem. More money to work with means more people on the floor which in turn means better customer service. Unfortunately many things are made very poorly, and it's not just appliances, but also electronics, clothing and even vehicles. Poorly made products hurt everyone's bottom line, businesses and buyers as well.

I work in a small engine shop that does repair work for Lowes. In August 2011 all Lowes stores will go to a centeral type repair system.

Small engine shops will no longer be doing the work.

So then you mower will be shipped 200 or 300 miles to a centeral repair center and you could be looking at 6 to 8 weeks to get it back. This is what I have been told and only time will tell if I am right or not.

#204672

I work at customer service 99% of the time and we do bend over backwards to help customers who normally are very nice but occasionally you get the egotistical ***hole who expects something for nothing. It is true we stock a broad spectrum of products in which price reflects quality, in order to compete with the Walmarts of the world.

So I say to you MR "where can I buy Quality?", buy Kobalt next time, not Task Force, buy Hitachi, not Black and Decker, spend the money and get the $799 Bosch Dryer instead of the entry level dryer floor sample for $299, buy the Valspar Signature paint instead of the cheap Olympic, buy the Maglite flashlight instead of the cheap $2.99 Rayovac (complete with battery. Need I go on.

Wake up pal! You get what you pay for.

#203856

I worked for Lowes for one summer (Michigan), and I was impressed in how genuine the company was in "making things right" for the customer. They do no manufacture anything, and they use subcontractors to repair, install, etc.

based on the requirements of the manufacturer. If you want to place blame, how about China, India, Viet Nam, and on and on. None of this stuff is made in the U.S. anymore.

That is what your demand for cheap prices got us! Thanks.

#201372

With everything you buy you get what you pay for . Your quality is your choice .

The great thing about Lowe's it deversifies it's inventory so as a consumer I have a choice to buy quality or

cheap. All of us may not have a lot of money to throw on luxury. but I am sure glad that if I do not want to spend alot of money Lowe's can offer the next best thing and with that I am going to be the responsible party to make that decision.

Do your homework. You may graduate form your ignoance.

#201354

True- but maybe you should try selling quality products. I want to buy quality and am willing to spend more for it- but lowes like most retialers are taking the walmart approach. cheap products at moderate prices means more profit bottom line.

View more comments (4)
Review
#202991 Review #202991 is a subjective opinion of poster.