Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Arlington, Texas: Lowe's Credit Card

I had a Lowe's Credit Card (GE Mony Bank). I made purchases over two years, amounting to $5000. I recieved a bonus check from my employer. I used this money to pay off my bill. GE Money Bank cashed the check and then REFUSED to apply this toward my balance. I made numerous attempts (in writing, phone calls..). I was receiving collection calls from GE Money Bank for a debt that I had already paid. I had to file a complaint with my State Attorney General's Office in order to made GE Money Bank do the right thing! Unbelievable !

I'm sorry but there has to be more to the story...no credit card does that

in 2 years of shopping you kept spending money instead of paying off your bill? Thats the best way to ruin your life with credit debt. try cash or not buying from now on.

Product
Lowes Credit Card
Loss

Lowes review in Tampa, Florida: Imposible to Reach a Live Person at Lowe's!

Worst customer service EVER!!!! I bought a vanity/lavatory/faucet online and paid $406.60. 1 month later I noticed on my credit card statement that Lowe's had charged me twice for the same item! I've tried contacting a live person through the 1-800 # three times and waited over 30 minutes each time, but I couldn't reach a live person! When I called the store where I picked up the lavatory, they told me that I had to keep calling the 1-800#. I will never go to Lowe's again! I need Lowe's to return my money to my account!

Go to the store instead of sitting at home on the phone

Call the story on a Monday morning (between 6 and 8) and ask for the credit coordinator.

There are also two 800 numbers to call. One if for us and one is for you. The one for you in on the back of your card. You should not let the credit center influence how you feel about Lowe's, since the store and the credit center are two different things completely.

But the easiest solution is to call the credit coordinator.

Review

Lowes review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Made a mistake about delivery and installization

I was called and told my carpeting would be installed on 12/15/2010. No one showed up and when I called they said no one had called and my carpeting was not in yet. I had to drain two water-beds to prepare for installization which was very difficult as I am a senior citizen. Now they say the carpeting won't be in until the 19th. I can't refill the beds and drain again. No one at the store is any help. They just don't care. I am really pissed. Next time I'll go to Home Depot.

Installation not installization

and the ing was not needed for carpet

Lowes review in Virginia Beach, Virginia: The were not honest

we bought a trim a tree tree for christmas. Beautiful tree $299.00, The Christmas of 06. When we put the tree up this year half the lights would not work. We called Lowes in Pocomoke,Md. they told us to bring it back for a refund, since the warranty for the lights was 5 years for the and 3 for the tree. since we live 50 miles away this was no small task. When we got there they said they couldn't do any thing about it. I think they should stand by their products. My husband and I are senior citizes and this tree was heavy and no one would help us remove the tree from our car. To make a long story short we will not be using our lowes card any more or buying anything at all from lowes. The Home depot store is ja little farther away, Thanks, Mr and Mrs Charles Massey

I had a similar situation this morning. A customer comes in and wants to know what Lowe's is going to do for her since her Over the range microwave quit working after 5 years.

Lowe's offers a 1 year replacement on something small like that but the customer didn't purchase nor would it have mattered anyway since the Micro is 5 yrs old. I gave her the number to the service advantage and told her to call for service, she said that its going to cost her, and I told her yes, it will, but it's not Lowe's problem that the micro only lasted 5 years, she should call GE and complain to them. Same with your Christmas tree. You had the darn thing for years now all of a sudden cause some light went out you want a big refund.

I say you don't deserve any refund. At most I'd discount a new string of lights for you.

That's what happened when you buy the garbage made in china!!! Buy American or don't buy it at all.

LOL hahahaa!! Exactly.

Its 4 years old. What do they expect?

You have to store it properly and take care of it if you expect it work after so long after purchasing. Lowes is not responsible for that.

There are a few problems I have with your story.

1. Nobody would help you take it off the top of your car? A seasonal or lawn and garden associate would have, had you asked. If you had to wait, then that's the price you pay for being unable to do it yourself. But I don't believe they simply refused.

2. The warranty may be 5 years or 20 years, but it's a manufacturer warranty. Lowe's does not give extended warranties on Christmas trees or Christmas lights. If somebody told you to come in, you should have gotten their name and their position so they could be held accountable.

3. Lowe's, the retailer, and whatever brand Christmas tree you bought, probably aren't one in the same. So Lowe's doesn't have an obligation to stand by the product years later. They offer a 90 day guarantee that you'll enjoy the item, with conditions, and if it's something that Lowe's owns, like Kobalt, then they'll offer a warranty. But Christmas trees and other seasonal items are just that. Seasonal items that they sell.

This is not an issue with Lowe's but with the manufacturer.

SO you bought a tree 4 years ago and now the lights dont half work and its lowes fault? How about finding the light or the loose connection.

But call good year and tell them your tires are worn out after 4 years. LOL

View more comments (4)
Review

Lowes sold me a fridge and a icemaker kit ice maker kit took over a month and lots of phone calls

I finaly got a manager that sent it out to me after they told me they would send it out four other times no comp no sorry and I had to pay the plumer to come back and hook it up and they would not deliver it next daay or for even two weeks if they brought it to my house and I am a jimmy johnson fan so I don't buy at home depo or any where else I may to re think that so for all you out there make note that lowes does not all ways do what they say they are going to do

Does your keyboard have a period key? Also I suggest spellcheck.

Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes review in Harrogate, Tennessee: Very rude and unprofessional sales people

the service at the Corbin Ky store is very poor. The people in the plumbing department are very rude and if they do decide to help you they seem to go out of there way to try to make you look ***. I probably have done my last business in Lowes and will try to take every customer I can elsewhere!!!! Today is 12-11-2010 so i hope this store will check there employees for this day in the plumbing section and get rid of a bunch of smart ***. Something needs done !!!!! This needs to stop as soon as possible.
Review

Think twice before buying from Lowes

We bought a $2,000 refrigerator in December, 2009. Everything in the crisper drawers freezes so we have thrown out a lot of food and have no place to put produce. In August, the icemaker stopped working. The store had us jump thru hoops for 4 months, and today told us they don't stand behind anything after 90 days! I told the operations manager (Don Smith for those who live in Yuma). He was downright nasty to us. I told him that after 4 months of making us jump through hoops, he should fight it out with Whirlpool. He was unsympathetic and said, "It is your problem - not ours." We have had six service calls wasting at least 12 hours of our time away from work. The service people were unprofessional and belligerent but we put up with the bad treatment. The service man said it was the reverse osmosis system and that Whirlpool does not stand behind a refrigerator hooked to R.O, which was a lie. But Lowes said that the icemakers won't work with R.O. so we disconnected it. The water is terrible in Yuma, and Lowes says we can't have R.O even tho our old refrigerator made ice. He said that they don't make the refrigerators as good as they used to. I cannot even begin to describe the frustration that this unprofessional, uncaring company has caused us. Here is the lesson: When you go to the "big box" stores, they care about sales, not service. They are "Too big to fail" and could care less about your satisfaction. Support your local businesses who care about your patronage. Soon the big box stores will push all the little businesses out and no one will care about your satisfaction. Either that or keep your old refrigerator.
Robert S

I have the receipts (including the extended warranty which means nothing), and Whirlpool won't stand behind it either.

When you pay $2,000 for a refrigerator that doesn't work, and neither Lowes nor Whirlpool will stand behind it, and you have some *** at the store say"it's your problem - not ours." Then you say I am acting like a child!!!!

You're acting like a biased employee whose salary is paid by Lowes. Of course you won't recognize that there is a problem. WHY????

Because you care about sales - not service after the sale. And to solve it, you say I am being a child.

Thanks for proving my point! A typical Lowes response to a real problem.

And by the way. I will gladly pay a higher price to buy from Mom & Pop, because they care about their customers, so they service what they sell. UNLIKE LOWES!

And Rom - Part of the frustration has been that Whirlpool won't do anything either - so we're just out $2,000. So if you are ever dumb enough to buy from Lowes, and you lose $2,000, then LOL to you too. That's real mature.

Lowe's didn't build the fridge. Keep your receipt, call the manufacturer and get the number for a local servicer, and cut out Lowe's.

Also, of course they care about sales. I hate to break it to you but they are a business. If you go to a mom and pop shop you may find their prices higher than Wal-Mart. Why?

BECAUSE THEY CARE ABOUT SALES.

Don't be such a child

LOL...because Lowe's built the fridge and therefore is the one screwing you over...RIGHT!

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes sucks, don't buy extended warranties

do not buy the extended warranty, matter of fact don't buy from Lowes. They don't stand behind the product. My two year old oven died which cost $1000 dollars. Mother board dead. With extended warranty they lock you into a company that lies-makes appointments then cancels less than 48 prior. "They overbooked" give me a break-you wait one week to see your overbooked. Then send you the part right away-so now "oh we can't switch companies now that you have the part". I want to know how to reach corporate!!!! A&E service is a company that lies. Don't use them.

FYI A&E is owned by Sear... might want to stay away from there too....

Oh wait everyone uses the same servicers.. good luck with no appliances... maybe if you made a few phone calls you would have got a new applaince cause Lowes does stand behind product...

but they dont work on them. DUH......

Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes review in Fort Lauderdale, Florida: GE high efficency washer

The washer has not cleaned well since I bought it within the last year. Now it will not drain. Lowe's cannot help me because I do not have my receipt at hand or know the exact date I bought the washer. They cannot access my info from their computers and told me to get my bank to call up the info. I could pay for the repair myself. Never bought anything at Lowe's before and I never will again. Home Depot was able to look up my customer info and fix what I bought there. Guess the deal wasn't any good.
#241908

You people will learn not to buy from Lowes or these other big-box made in China second quality stores eventually. Go local retailers to make a deal - they will at least match Lowes prices IF you tell them your THINKING of purchasing...christ people are really getting more *** as time goes on in this country..

#241901

Its your own fault dont loose your receipt. As an adult when you buy something like that you should have enough common since to put high ticket recepits in a place for safe keeping. You cant possibly blame lowes since you lost it, its not their job to keep track of your stuff and obviously you couldnt hold onto the info either.

Lowes refused to load 80 lb. bags of concrete ,I,m disabled

On 3 separate occasions I purchased concrete at lowes and requested help to load products cause I,m disabled. Every time nobody helped.I,m going to sue them under The ADA.Don,t shop at lowes as they discriminate against the disabled,so I can imagine how they treat everybody else.Also today at lowes i yelled for help as every employee stood around like they were on break. People who were standing in line felt the same way but would,nt speak up and demand service.That is why we go to the store for anyway. they should revamp customer service sign to,I,ll be with you when I feel like helping you.

I work at lowes on the front end. If a customer needs help loading the cashier will page for someone to help.

It seems that you are a usual customer that likes to give attitude, no *** why people don't come running to help you. We have this one guy that comes in three times a week just to crack jokes and critique us personally. He told me that I was a hairy as gorilla, at least I had hair, the guy was bald, but anyways associates run away or pretend to be on the phone when they see him.

The point is think about it, name a place that will do what you want in quick matter, if u waited someone would have came. The best is when they say Home Depot is better, we don't have a home depot within 20 miles of us, go ahead make that trip.

Did you tell the cashier that you need help load your concrete??

Why are you buying concrete if you're disabled? If you can't even load it, what could you possibly do with it when you get it home?

You obviously would have to hire someone to do the work for you that requires concrete, so why not have the hired worker pick it up? Go ahead and sue.

Not one person mention race but you had to bring it up. You are not disable you are just plain lazy and a racist yourself.

I am very sorry to hear about how you were treated. I myself work with individuals that are disabled and feel your pain.

It saddens me that you could not get any help; however, a worker does not have to drop his or her priorities just to help you out. I would suggest bringing a family member or a friend that would make things a little bit easier.

Your attitude would be a little nicer and your overall experience with the worker would probably be tolerable. I hope that you plan to use the concrete yourself since you run a good chance of further injuring yourself and or getting stuck.

I think the most obvious response to this rant is this; If you are disabled and cannot load the concrete yourself, what the heck do you plan to do with it when you get home? Are you such a pariah that you don't have one friend that can help with this?

The ADA is not there to provide you with ADDITIONAL rights, it is there to make sure you receive the same treatment as everyone else and are not discriminated against. Sometimes, I need help. I call a friend or hire someone to help me. I don't threaten to sue people who don't offer to help.

Here's something else I am sure you never thought of, call ahead and ask the manager if he can arrange to have someone help you load what you buy.

Or arrange for delivery. It's called adapting to your environment.

#220419

This people commenting on my case against Lowes are just as racist and ignorant of The ADA.

#219955

You're disabled...I feel for you. I don't believe a word you're saying!

You're not entitled to a preferential treatment and the quicker you learn that the quicker your bitterness will leave! I get a feeling you expect the employees to stop helping the customers there with so they can get you out of the door.

Work on your patience and you'll find alot of doors being opened for you!. Have a great day

#219194

Perhaps no one wants to help you because of your attitude. Also do you expect people to drop what they are doing including helping other customers just to help you because you are disabled.

You only asked for help once and it is not discrimination just because you did not recieve help. You do not have a case.

View more comments (8)