Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Norfolk, Virginia - Order on bill not delivered three weeks agowhocares

I ordered fence three weeks or more ago,no fence or reason why it has not shown up but its on my bill.I called the store a week ago and was told it would be delivered on 08 16 10 well I'm still looking. They have my cell and home both have answering service,and there is no log of them calling.I have a birthday party in my yard and with everything else going wrong this was not to be one of my worries well i guess i was wrong.I now wish i had shopped with home depot but it is now to late poor me. THANK!
Review
#194878 Review #194878 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in LaVale Md Couldn't care Less about the customers and employees

Lowes in LaVale Md cares only about profit, that is it. They obviously treat their people like ***. The customers are treated equally as bad. I even had one fellow tell me (who is staunchly anti-union)that "Lowes needs a Union because they treat their people so badly. He is a contractor! When I go in there, only a few faces are familiar. Most are new hires, mostly unknowledgable yound kids. When I need help, I need someone with experience in that department and the products. Not some snotty nosed young kid proficient with his cell phone! Please do not get me wrong, there are good, knowledgable people in that store, but they are far and few and in between. Management seems to be the dregs of the area. Perhaps, if Lowes had some competition like Home Depot or Menards, things would change. But for now, no competition is in sight, so that store does what it wants to do.
Review
#194693 Review #194693 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Florence, Alabama - Pissed off

Lowe's in the Shoals area stinks, you can't get help and you have one person in three departments and I heard other people talking bout that they have to come in at 5 in the morning to work the truck. I went to school for Man. and I know that you don't bring your people in early to work the truck unless they are the stocking crew why would you risk loosing sales, well let time break it down like this we know people and it seems like all the temp. part timers are laid off and the part timers only get 10 hours and the full timers the Main man is telling them not to come in so all of this equals BONUS for him and leaving the customer and and the people out to dry. this store needs help ....
Review
#194631 Review #194631 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes is a great place they are some things that overcharge

I love lowes I get everything from lowes but I think they overcharge I had to get a wheelbarrow tire 34.98 did not think was bad but I was looking around and found the hold wheelbarro for 34.97 and that is one penny cheaper than just the tire I don't need the hole thing just the tire and rim I talk to them and i got it 10% above store cost which is good but that is wrong to put that kind of mark up on things. But as the people that work their they are great.
Review
#194604 Review #194604 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes Gaithersburg Maryland Does Not Care About Their Customers

I would avoid dealing with this Lowes and possibly the entire company in general if the procedures followed by this store are indicative of company policy. After purchasing a dishwasher with installation, we noticed about 2 days later that water was leaking from under the dishwasher and on to our brand new hardwood floors. Since Lowes outsources their installations to subcontractors to insulate themselves from having to deal with installation issues, I was immediately put in the middle of their blame game. They went back and forth between blaming the manufacturer, the installer, back to the manufacturer and that is where we stand now. As each day goes by, the water under my hardwood floor continues to damage and Lowes could not care less. They keep stating it is an insurance issue, I disagree. It is a Lowes issue. The right thing for them to do is to fix this now month old problem and let the lawyers and insurance companies sort out who is going to pay for it. I will never buy a single thing from this chain again. I would advise you to avoid their installation services because if something goes wrong, you are going to be in for a lot of needless headaches.

You need to contact your insurance company and they will get it fixed. Then they will Sue lowes on your behalf to cover the costs they paid out. Also contact your states Better Business Bureau they will get on Lowes ***.

Review
#194500 Review #194500 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Installers harass

Carpet installer at Lowes was harassing us by calling at all times of the day. Wanting "off the record" payment and even showed up to our house unexpectedly. Carpet installer at Lowes was harassing us by calling at all times of the day. Wanting "off the record" payment and even showed up to our house unexpectedly. Carpet installer at Lowes was harassing us by calling at all times of the day. Wanting "off the record" payment and even showed up to our house unexpectedly. Carpet installer at Lowes was harassing us by calling at all times of the day. Wanting "off the record" payment and even showed up to our house unexpectedly.

You should call Lowe's speak to a manager preferably the sales manager or the store manager and they will fix this problem. He is definitely breaching his contract!

Review
#194460 Review #194460 is a subjective opinion of poster.

I also bought Troy Bilt *** at Lowes.

I bought a belt drive self propelled Troy-Bilt 21" self propelled lawn mower. The belt has broken 9 times in the last year and a half. I finally caught on (after 5 or 6 belts)that the belt that sells for $18.00 at Lowe's can be purchased for $3.95 at most real hardware stores. I also have a Troy Bilt push mower. It is a real piece of junk. Lowe's does nothing but say don't bring it back to us. I am a slow learner. I also have a Trow-Bilt Tuffy spring assist *** eater. I can't say what I think about it here. I will buy nothing at Lowe's again.
#193256

Also, Craftsman uses the same motor companies for the "specs" on their product. They also deal with the some of the same parts dealers since the parts "people" also have the market cornered with their "giants".

"Retailer4life", go to your displays in your OPE dept. and look at a manual for Try-Bilt pressure washers. Find the company who is now over the pressure washers. You will find that it is Generac.

The same Generac out of Wisconsin that handles some of Lowes generators. Use the # in the manual and call that company. They will explain why they have the rights over a product with the name Troy-bilt. It has to do with distribution and parts.

And they wanted to stay with an American affiliate. Peolple reading this comment. We have all the info and tools that we need to educate ourselves as consumers. We sometimes need some guidance.

Also, you are the only person who has the final decision on what product you buy. Everyone, good luck in the future and God Bless!

#193248

Also, remember this. Home depot--Cub Cadet, MTD.

K-Mart--Yard Machine, MTD. Bolens, Huskee(not Husqvarna), Yardman, and alot of others, guess what? MTD!!! one-third of Craftsman parts division is tied to MTD affiliates.

MTD is a giant that can handle mass distribution worldwide for all the companies that are affiliated with them. However, the companies under MTD still have their own rights with a portion of royalties that go to that company(Cub Cadet, Troy-Bilt, ETC.)They also have specification rights when it comes to design apart from MTD. There is a MTD brand that is called MTD. Husqvarna tractors are affiliated with Frigidaire/Electrolux because of the increase in popularity with their product.

Frig./Elect. can handle the volume of merchandise and move it worldwide. Most cosumer hotlines, sites, books or magazines will explain these procedures.

They will also give you a better understanding and show you yhe integrity of the product and company name that backs it. "Retailer4life", good effort, but, a little bit more on Lowes.net and some phone calls to the manufacturers in "our" store will help educate you.

I work for Lowe's, and the Troy-Bilt line that Lowe's carries is not Troy-Bilt. They are made by MTD.

Yes, the MTD of WalMart and other discount lawn care fame. MTD merely bought the Troy-Bilt name. Sort of like the Sylvania TV brand Sears sells.

Famous brand name, but made by el cheapo electronics manufacturer Funai. These companies merely BUY the name, nothing more.

View more comments (2)
Review
#194248 Review #194248 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Odessa, Texas - Upset

looking for front door. one employee was busy with customer. two others standing around doing nothing. waited for busy employee to get help. Kevin Wilson did great job of helping. went back on sat. after getting front door mes. didn't like Clint he was 45min. late and didn't call to let me known that he would be late till 45min later which i was back at work.never i am sorry or anything!!! any way back to sat.morning young man tells me i have to have tax whatever for $20.00 and me telling him i didn't need that he said i had top have this and that to be able to get door. i am so disappointed in service. it is as bad as home depot!!!! we were happy to see you come into the comm. but i see it is all the same. will not see me there again and will never buy any thing from you're store . lousy service people that don't know what the are talking about lousy lousy lousy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they lie to seasonal employees that they will bet reviews after 90 days. Confronted HR she said they don't hold reviews on seasonal workers.

That's a known lie. There's a massive click their in the front end, some cashier walk away from their registers and when I complained one of them two weeks later got a review to stay. I never missed a day and even showed up on days when someone called out. The place is filled with favortism and discrimination.

I also had 3 customer compliments that were given by customers to management. That's what you get for being dedicated.

Lowes is crooked, crooked, crooked.

Review
#193964 Review #193964 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Tulsa, Oklahoma - Tired of Interruptions

This may sound like a silly complaint, but my father is currently adding on to his house and updating certain rooms. My boyfriend and I plan on eventually buying the home, so we think it's important that I participate in a lot of the cosmetic decisions. Every time we go to Lowe's, which is just down the street from us so its really about location, the employees constantly talk over me, ignore me or interrupt me while I'm speaking. I'm aware that I look young, but employees should probably avoid treating their customers as if they were ignorant children. When I say an attic vent is located on the West wall, I mean it is on the West wall and I did NOT mean the East wall. I know my directions, I've lived in this city for most of my life. And I believe that I do know which metal best matches our appliances in the bathroom, and I do not believe these employees who have never seen the house know better. If I'm trying to cut the wrong wire, then by all means, jump in and stop me from killing us, but if I'm trying to have a conversation with my father about cosmetic features of a home, then butt out. Seriously, you would think that employees would understand that I have the final say. I will do things myself before I let them ever come into my home again. Honestly, even the window installation was terrible. The men practically yelled at me because my father chose an ignorant contractor. I quit.
Review
#193640 Review #193640 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Englewood, Colorado - Unhappy employee

I work at 1926 Redding CA, never have I worked at such an unprofessional work place full of *** and alcoholics especially when it comes to people up in management. And if you don't hang out in the bars like management and some of the employees when you have a problem with someone and use the open door policy you will only get in trouble by being harassed cause you're not part of the special little click. People where I work have been fired for using the open door policy. I know of three people who were fired for using the open door policy and they were good employees who work hard. One of the stores not so good employee's uses her body at work by sleeping with mangers to get promoted. she even had one of them clocking her out so she could get her hours even though she left hours ago. Other employees know about this but said nothing cause there is no open door at Lowe's. She does absolutely nothing at work but flirt with gays some she's already slept with. And to thank are store made bonus so she's going to get $750.00 for doing put flirting on the sale floor. While some of use work hard and are only getting a small bonus. If it wasn't for the economy I would get a job else.

lowes need more loader

Yeah I work in the 814 district and I love how we can give a mean customer thousands of dollars of products for 1/3 the price and the mistake was 100% the customer changing their mind or making something out of nothing but a nice customer who got royally screwed because an employee messed up can barely get a 10% discount for something 100% employees fault.

I worked in several departments over a number of years in the State College PA store. Most fellow coworkers were very decent as were most customers and generally the work was not that bad.

By far the number one problem that makes this store extremely difficult to work in is the top manager who has virtually no people skills and zero compassion toward employees. A customer could have said I stood naked on my head and he would honestly believe it. In addition employees are expected to miraculously learn stuff including complex machines and order taking with almost no training. The constant lack of proper staffing is causing so much stress on employees that everyone I know is miserable.

One is constantly expected to handle more than one department at a time with 4-6 telephones to handle (a regular wireless phone, a smart phone and a desk landline for each department). So often phones are ringing, customer call bells are going off and live customers needing immediate help are all wanting at the same time causing unbearable stress to employees. Customers will then complain that service is slow or that employees are showing signs of unfriendliness and then employees get written up and even fired as I was.

This could be a better place with a DIFFERENT manager - This man R.F. needs to go!

I encourage all retail slaves to make the stock go down by filling ur pockets w goods. Keep ur 35 bucks, i,ll make 300 at the return line.

Someone defiantly has issues.

This person works at my Lowes, or worked. The truth is they were fired and they are making all this up to make their employer look bad.

When an employee gets fired they are not allowed to discuss the reasoning, however there are rumors that she got fired for using profanity towards our manager. The employee in question, the OP does not think she should be working because she has mild down syndrome. Those lies about her "sleeping around" are false. It is true that her standards are not as good as the other employees but she keeps trying.

The open door policy is good as long as you are polite, however when you tell a manager to eff off and claim you were using the open door policy to voice your concerns that does not work. (assuming that is why she got fired.) NOt to mention she bragged about how ine day she would tell management to eff off.

how did you get w-h-o-r-e-s in your letter, because when i called another user one it came out like this *** unless it works in pural form, testing ***

It's no coincidence that the last 2 letters of the word, "blame" spell "ME," rumors that this young lady is working over her managers on her knees is hurtful, especially when they're based on assumptions and angry sources dispirited at the achievements of others. It could be that her confidence from an attractive physique from which she works daily to sculpt plump bosoms and chiselled abdominals enables her to get the sales that your knee-knockers just aren't securing on the sales floor.

It's not fair, but guys don't make passes at girls with big ***...and who said life is fair? If she is gobbling mgmt weiners, she incurs the negative externality of STDs, sore knees, and coworker jealousies.

Try communicating your concerns with district management rather than ventilating on internet chat boards. Perhaps there is information that exceeds the limits of your perceptions.

View more comments (8)
Review
#193555 Review #193555 is a subjective opinion of poster.