Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Cleveland, Ohio - Ordered 1 kennel charged for 2.

I ordered 1 kennel and was charged 2 on my debit card. Had a print out showing showing 1 kennel. Told I would get my money back and when I went to the store, lady very rude and tried to blame it on me, when I never got a print out where they had charged my debit card for 2 kennels. Had to go to my bank, and signed unarthorized debit against them, then lost my debit card for 2 weeks, because of all of this. Was sick, had to leave doctors office and go there sick. Awful, Awful service.
Review
#200440 Review #200440 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes of albemarle, nc

lowes contracted with us to install a fence in our yard sept 24&25. suppllies delivered on time. 1st installer called wanted to know how hard the soil was. he cancelled out. lowes called and said they could not do the job until oct. we asked them to cancel the job altogeather and we would get someone else. they said give us til 5:00pm. we did. they said the installer would be there fri 24th and tuesday 28th. installer showed at 12:30am & left 3:30pm burning up my outdoor socket, installing 14 poles only, said he had to leave because his daughter was calling from college and he had to be home. he assured us he would be back tuesday 28th and stay until finished. This morning he called and asked us if we had fixed the circuit that he blew out friday. we said no. he said he could not come back because he was backed up on his work and would be here wednesday to finish. in the mean time lowes has charged me for materials and labor that i have not received. their claim of professional service is anything but! will never use them again for any installation. i feel they lied to us just to keep the contract.
Review
#200377 Review #200377 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Albany, New York - Always very unpleasant cashier

I am a frequent customer at Lowe's 2385. There is one employee who acts like every customer is an inconvenience. She glares at you as you pass by or she's ignores you at the return desk talking to other employees. I had to deal with her a couple times at the return desk and saw that her name is Elaina. She never says hello or have a good day. I'm not against people having tattoos but when you have a nasty attitude along with them it's not a very good image to have for your store.
#195620

I even asked her if she would like to come over to my house for a coffee and she said no. Now when I say hi to her she pretends not to know me.

She completely ignores me.

The manager even talked to me and told me not to harass her. However if she is going to dress like she does then perhaps she wants me.

#195619

I had to deal with this rude Elania today. I was nice to her again.

I told her she had great big *** and she called security again. I asked her if she had any tattoos on her *** another time and she told me she refused to serve me. She is just so rude.

She may be pretty and have good *** but she has a bad unfriendly personality. She only acts like this around me.

View more comments (1)
Review
#200214 Review #200214 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Sioux City, Iowa - Lowe's Installers less than qualfied, bottom of barrel.

My wife and I had Lowes installer install carpeting and laminate flooring. First, when he finished the carpet he left the vents out. I asked about it and he said "they're in the closet" implying for me to finish the work. Big problem with laminate.....after installation noticed floor buckling. Lowes confirmed we had an unlevel floor. Installer "claimed" he told us and we let him install anyway.....cmon!!! We confronted Lowes with our install agreement which read "floor level, yes"......after telling them that they offered us 500 dollars....load of garbage. Install manager lied and tried to cover up....Store Manager was just as bad and seemed to give a little every time we didnt back down...........Instead of 100 percent guarantee......they will see what you will settle for. We have stopped all contact with the Sioux City, IA Lowes and have started legal action.
Review
#200071 Review #200071 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Eugene, Oregon - I am beyond PISSED

In late August I ordered 2 area rugs "online" from Lowes. HUGH MISTAKE. Got an e-mail stating I would have rugs on or before 9-6-2010. On 9-8 I contacted the "on-line" customer service contact number - was immediately connected to my closest store, Medford, Oregon. Without becoming completely boring, I will say that in my 60 plus years, this was THE WORST experience I have ever had. Was told by 5 different employees that my rugs were "en route". Finally, on 9-21 I received a phone call, from yet another employee stating that - OOPS - rugs had never been shipped, but LOWES would be happy to give me my money back. I am pleased to say that I did receive my credit account refund in the mail (promptly). Too bad Lowes doesn't seem to be able to deliver the same service when you are getting an actual product. I personally do not expect to ever cross Lowes threshold again. A truly horrible experience. Have you guys up in corporate ever considered a "customer service" consulting firm. Might be worthwhile - although with the attitudes I experienced don't really know if it would help.

So was this in Eugene or Medford? A little confusing in the info.

I am sure the company is represented by the 1 order you made. Makes sense.

Whats a hugh mistake?

View more comments (1)
Review
#200022 Review #200022 is a subjective opinion of poster.
This isnot the ist time Ive gotten plants frome Lowes and had them die off or worse yet a year ago I opened up a Rose container and it was fillied with a massive Ant infestation,inside the container, that rose bush didn't survive and even the. Anyhow she comes...

I purchased and planted 3 apple trees from Lowe's. The trees have flourished, so what's the problem?

They were labeled GALA apples, which is what I was looking for.

The trees required 4 years to mature and begin producing------GRANNY SMITH apples.

When I complained to the store after the first crop, I was told tough luck.

The guarantee is only for 1 year, and only if the plants die.

I hate Granny Smith apples--they are only good for pies. I wanted GALA apples to eat.

Don't buy fruit trees from Lowe's.

View more comments
Review
#199828 Review #199828 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Don't Go to Lowes in Glenwood Springs, CO

My younger sister and I recently went to Lowes in order to purchase some electrical parts for my husband. After selecting the required materials, I needed some wire cut to length. After finally tracking down an employee with wire cutting 'credentials' I handed him the list of needed wire materials with the lengths. He took one look at the list and totally freaked out. He began swearing at me in front of my teenaged sister until I finally let him have it. I told him that I would be contacting his manager and turned to leave. He responded with additional swearing, and the information that I could contact anyone I wanted, but nothing would be done due to his employment as electrical manager at the Glenwood Springs Lowes. I called the store the next day and requested to speak to the store manager. I was told that he was out for the day, so I left him a message. 5 messages later, and still no response. Do not go to the Glenwood Springs Lowes unless you want to be sweared at, mistreated and repeatedly ignored.

I used to work at that store and I can tell you that this is TRUE, not only do I know how things are run there, but I know the manager she is talking about. After working for Lowe's in Glenwood, I have stopped shopping there completely and recommended everyone I can to take their business elsewhere. That place is terrible.

The female speaking here is absolutely correct... she said she FINALLY tracked someone down, yea they do kind of IGNORE you, and when you ask for some help they begrudgingly assist and make you feel *** while pushing their most expensive product rather than what you need.

#193821

NO ONE really believes this post, do they? Sounds to me more like an angry girlfriend trying to make this guys life miserable.

View more comments (2)
Review
#199757 Review #199757 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Denver, Colorado - Always do fine

I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here.
#193202

pointless.

Review
#199660 Review #199660 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Watch your Prescrition Drugs

I work for Lowes in Southern Pines, North Carolina. I have heard from multiple people on multiple occasions that one of the delivery drivers is on pills. He has been stealing pills from the customers. Alot of the customers that they deliver to are elderly and just leave their medicine on the kitchen counter. I had to go out on delivery with him one day, at the time I wasn't sure if the rumors were true, and on one stop we were delivering a refrigerator and I walked out of the house to grab a tool and when I came back in he was looking at their medicine. I told him to put it down that it wasn't his and he did. Just a couple of days later someone told me that he crushed a pill and sniffed it in front of him.
#193098

sometimes drugs make the work more interesting leave the person alone, i bet you wished they shared.

#193096

Tasha. What's up?

Seems like you and I have been criss-crossing on some of our reviews that we are browsing. Thanks for the flattering point of interest you are taking with me. Tasha, would do me the honor of saying hi sometime when we cross.

It would nice to know that a person is not completely alone on this site. Good night.

#192905

Well Electrical Pro

Your sentence stucture sucks. You begin a sentence with a capital letter. What's one spelling error compared to your lack of puncunuation.

Sean/truth going overboard is what makes the site interesting.

#192789

"Electrical Pro", guess what, I made some spelling "boo-boos" on my last entry. Let me be humble and rip myself apart.

WOW!!! I am so "poopy" for my spelling.

#192786

Hello "Electrical pro". Just wanted to personally say hi and clarify some things.

I went overboard on some of my comments in alot of the subjects I commented on the other day. I apologized for the mistakes made. Go through and read them for yourself. Also, thanks for the spell check.

Critcism then practice makes for better skills. I took advice from a couple of our fellow "critiquers". Now, for the part of you believing if my profession is "legit", who cares? These are just random, unknown people with some things on their mind.

By the way, the more info someone gives "bout themself, the more fuel someone has to possibly harm that person. I gave to much already and I amm sorry for that. Hey, you are a "questioning" person and that is good. However, just because your title is "Electrical Pro", does that mean you are a electrical journeyman wireman.

I need more proof on you. My advice on what I just said---stay to yourself with the personal stuff or you will have people like you commenting back to yourself.

#192691

now Sean/truth...you need to stop the vandetta on this one. oh, your spelling of field day was a little off.

Lets see manager...hummm....I think not.

I need more info that you are so and if

you are then I'll apologize but if you are not then I will expose you for what you really are....

#192145

I am a Lowes Employee also. I am a manager.

I am making it my personal challenge to file a complaint to your store in regards to your involvement in hiding drug use in the company and to bring you into light about the confidentiality breach you just performed by hanging an employee out to the world on an world internet site. You just gave me your store and just enough info to track you and the other employee. You messed up. This is a site for consumers to complain and gripe about consumer issues.

Not for you to "slay" your co-workers and employer. Your HR manager will have a feild day on this.

View more comments (6)
Review
#199283 Review #199283 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in East Moline, Illinois - Lowe's Delivery Drivers in Dothan, AL are Criminals

I had a washer and dryer delivered and the delivery people (burglars) came back and broke into my house to steal it within 2 weeks. The only people who new there where a new washer and dryer in my house were the delivery men and me. They went right to those and only took them. Caught the thieves on video surveillance! Don't buy from Lowe's in Dothan Alabama! Or at least don't have it delivered (carry it out yourself) and don't give your correct address if you want to keep your stuff! Buyer beware Lowe's hires thieves!
#193881

I never know that on the Lowe's Application form if they have a question. Are you a burgular or any other type of criminal, and hire those who say yes.

Like Tasha said those people stole from you just because they were not brought up properly or some reason. What company do you work for. I am sure you have had some people who were fired for doing something wrong maybe even against the law.

Does this mean that you are in the same boat as them. That you too are bad and a law breaker.

#192329

Wow Sean/truth you are everywhere these days. I just replied on another letter where you replied.:grin

I have a problem with your title. So a few *** from Lowes broke in your house and stole your washer and dryer. This just means that lowes has a few *** This does not mean that all Lowes employees are thieves. This could have happened from any company who installs washer's and drivers. Basically you will have some butthead in any organization who steals. You were just unlucky enough to have a few bad apples but that does not mean that all Lowes employees are thieves.

Also "Truth is Relative", Sean/truth also defended crazy complaints from Wal-mart. Does this mean he works there as well. You must be a very young child to come to the conclusion that just because Sean is sticking up for a company that he works for Lowes. It would be like me saying that the person only made this complaint because they were fired for the same thing and this whole complaint is a lie from a disgrunged employee. I am not fivc years old so I know that this is not the case. However your logic and reasoning if that of a five year oldchild. Same with the OP. Just because a few people work at Lowes are thieves not everyone is. Just here in Calfornia a few people were busted for dealing drugs. Does this mean everyone who lives in Calfornia deals drugs. I don't. In James Town a mother with depression drowned her children. Does this mean everyone with depression drowns their children? Does this mean all mother's in the James Town drown their children? She also worked at Duncan Donuts. Does this mean every employee which Duncan Dunuts hires is a child killer. What happened to the OP sucked, but he should not catagory all Lowes employees as one. Maybe Sean/Truth is a criminal, maybe he isn't. But if he is it has nothing to do with working at Lowes. You don't know him, and neither do I so to assume he is a criminal just because of a reply online is childish.

#192319

To "Truth is relative"; 1)TOUCHE!! 2)This is my first time (as of 20-09-2010)typing on any site and I have to admit that it became quite fun to sit in the comfort of my own home and create "spiffy" responses and attacks 3)I never said that I was a corporate PR for Lowes.

You peiced that together and fabricated your own "thing". I just said that I was a manager with Lowes(any type of manager can be from the bottom of the cess pool to the highest of the golden castle).4)Lowes can take care of their own "stuff". Comments made by any human , even myself, can come out rude and coarse. To all---I apologize.

5)However, I was partaking in, admitted to guilt and have come to realize that me, you or anyone can type messages from a computer(without ever being seen) and belittle, attack or just basically vent on anyone in the world. The thing that I noticed was how easy it was for us to find fault in everyone else(stores, business places, products, even ourselves). I never want to do that again . At least not on a computer.

I think I will just stick to the good old fashion way of facing my fear and confronting one-on-one.

Thank-you for helping me snap back to the truest way of life. God bless!

#192241

Oh "Sean", Lowe's corporate PR thug attacking the victim. (Just check "Sean/truth"'s comments all over anything on this site if you don't think he works for Lowe's PR.)

It's called "corporate responsibility". Obviously, based upon your comment, Lowe's knows that people are watching them and that any wrongdoing will not go unnoticed.

Unfortunately, Lowe's response is to berate the customer rather than root out the criminals.

If you're such a proud Lowe's employee, get off these complaint forums and go get rid of your criminal elements.

For that matter, any hard-working Lowe's worker in the world would step forward and root out unethical activity among their ranks.

#191992

Excuse me "Lowesthief". Were you born in a treehouse?

The very last sentance you wrote just insulted workers in close to 1800 Lowes stores in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and soon to be Australia. Do you really think Lowes intentionally hires thieves or maybe people lie their way into jobs. Here is a something to make you think before you write.

If a couple of people are arrested in the state of Alabama, does that mean that everyone in Alabama are criminals? Apologies are only made by honest people.

#191944

What is the status of those workers? Were they arrested? I have heard of car stereo installers doing the same thing.

View more comments (5)
Review
#199198 Review #199198 is a subjective opinion of poster.