Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes associate did not closed the cover of the paint can causing it to spill all over my bedroom ru

I learned that it is very common, an associate not close the cover properly causing the paint to spill in the car, in this case, Lowes will pay for the cleanup and for the damage the paint do in the car, but if it make home without spilling, Lowes is not reliable anymore. Can someone tell me what is the difference? How it happened: On Saturday Sunday, May 23 , I bought a gallon of paint bucket at Lowes in Lemmon av, Dallas - TX, took it to my home, and left it on the bedroom floor, unaware that the cover of the paint can was not properly closed, due to Lowes associate not closed it very well, and it spilled all over my rug and in the carpet. I run back to Lowes to complaint, talked to the manager, filed a complaint and followed the manager's directions to not move the rug away, cleaned as much as I could with water and paper, and wait for a insurance person to come over to my house to document the damage. A few days later an account processor from SRS, called me and left a voice message with a claim number, I called her back twice leaving voice messages, and a few days later we were able to speak, meantime the rug and the carpet still in my bedroom with papers and paint drying. I explained what had happened with the paint, she replied that "if it did not spill in my car, but in my house is because, I had opened the paint can " and my statement is not reliable. I thought with myself, "is she calling me a liar? No, it is not possible…" and I continue to explain that, I am a loyal customer of Lowes, that I drove pass Home Depot because I have always the best service in Lowes. The SRS account processor explained to me, "they are a third part service company and could care less if I am a good customer or if my husband and I spend thousands of dollars per year in Lowes". After the phone conversation, I talk to my husband and we decided to go ahead and get SRS decision by writing, I called Brandi again, several times on June and July, leaving a voice message asking her to call me back. After several weeks, I was able to reach her on the phone and I requested a formal letter of her decision. The letter was posted on July 14 2010 but dated May 28 2010, any good reason for that? Should she sent me a letter with her decision, after we have spoken on May? Now the rug and the carpet are permanently destroyed, and I am seeking for Lowes or SRS to pay to replace the carpet in my bedroom, it is a legitime complaint from an very disappointed (ex) loyal customer.

I seen a Lowes customer dump a bucket of paint in their brand new car in a Lowes parking lot. The store admitted they were at fault and offered restitution.

SRS is a 3rd party, 3rd world bunch of dirt bags.

They are out to save money for Lowes, not spend it for them. I know this first hand.

Sounds like you're trying to blame Lowes for your error. WHY did the paint wait until you set it on the floor at home before spilling? If the lid was loose when you took the paint from the store (with no spillage) and then drove it home (with no spillage) but, almost magically, it spills while just sitting on your floor at home???

I think you need a good brain-douching.

@dms2222

Hey dms222- I just had this happen to me and am going to get my car cleaned and my pants and my right shoe replaced. It is easy to say why did the paint wait to spill?

Who knows.

How would you know unless you were there? You should go work for Lowes - if you don't already.

View more comments (2)
Review
#193339 Review #193339 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Maple-HORRIBLE kitchen installation!

DO NOT GET YOUR KITCHEN CABINETS HERE! Lowes is HORRIBLE for installing kitchen cabinets! When my husband and I first sat down with the customer rep to re-design our kitchen he was extremly friendly and made us feel very comfortable. He gave us loads of advice on what we would need in our kitchen and how to save money. After hearing horror stories about kitchen reons we decided to go with Lowes for the main fact that if something should go wrong we believed they would stand by their customer. After all their whole campaign is about customer service! Yet once the rep commenced to re-design our kitchen on his computer and told us there was no need to actually see the kitchen I got a bit nervous. I should have known right there that it is hard to re-design a kitchen when you have never stepped foot into it! At the end of the order we spent $13,000 for kitchen installation. The turnout was horrible! The main focal point- the cabinets over my stove were COMPLETELY CROOKED and there was a big gap between the cupboard and the fan! We also were not able to open the shutter over our window that was over our sink b/c they mis-measured and the frame around the window came to low. So the shutter hit the wooden frame when I tried to open it! AND the lazy susan the rep convinced us to buy was too big for the space so it hit my stove when I tried to open it! When we pointed out these disasters to the installation guys they completely agreed with us, that the kitchen was designed poorly and they tried to fix the mistakes. But I ended up with a lazy susan drawer that hit my stove, my shutter that would not open AND a huge gap in the cupboards above my stove that had to be filled with extra wood pieces. They advised us to call the manager of installations and complain about the designer. When we called the rep to complain he got very nervous he even came to our house to see the problem and told us he would get the installation guys to come back and fix it. The problems could not be fixed unless I reinstalled the entire kitchen which I was not willing to do b/c then I would have to get my granite re-done (a cost Lowes would not cover). When I tried to call the manager to complain I was put off constantly. I fought with them for WEEKS about this. They kept saying there was nothing they could do. THE manager BOB was very rude...he completely acted like I didn't matter. The fact that we spent $13,000 was irrelevant to him..it was like I was complaining about a lightbulb. I had to continously go in in person to speak to him because after a while he stopped taking my phone calls. I felt like I had to stalk him to get him to admit Lowes screwed up our kitchen and I was entitled to some compensation. After weeks of complaining and arguing he was willing to give me a $50 gift card and %40 off ONE item that had to do with my kitchen (excluding any big items). And to boot I couldn't even get the 40% of a package of potlights because they were to expensive! I was fuming! After all the money we spent, all the mistakes we got $50! Great way to value your customers! This company is HORRIBLE! They boast about thier customer service but they don't care. That rep and his buddy who tried to cover up our mess ended up getting fired after another rep told us they had messed up kitchens before. But of course BOB the manager would never admit to that. If you need a kitchen done DO NOT go to LOWES. My 4yr old could have designed me a better kitchen with a computer and a mouse! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE! I had a 3month old at home and a toddler and finally gave up on trying to get any money back from Lowes. I just didn't have the time. But I am WARNING anyone who is thinking about getting anything installed or designed from Lowes to STAY AWAY! Go to a professional...because this company is anything but professional!

I'm installing a kitchen as we speak and the designer must have had a rubber tape measure

:p

Wow, I could have written this article! Going on 3 months without a kitchen because of a few backordered cabinets, and Lowe's doesn't know where they are.

No kitchen and the stuff from our kitchen and boxes of cabinets piled around our house.

But what does Lowe's care? They've already been paid.

Review
#193198 Review #193198 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Failed to provide professional warranty service

Lowes warranty service consist of 2 visits in 2 weeks ,2 calls, another 7 days for delivery of parts ,and another 5 to 7 days to install parts. total of 28 days to fix a front loader dryer purchased 9 months ago. this is the warranty service that LOWES is happy to sale to you @ $139.00 .. MY ADVISE dont buy appliances from LOWES if they cant honor the warranty the proffessional way. you will be better off having your LOCAL appliance repairman fix it in 2 days then to have lowes' fix it within 30 days. save your money.dont buy your appliances at lowes,and surely dont pay for the warranty or extend it. go to a proffessional appliance store.

Wait a minute....if it was purchases 9 months ago it's still covered on the manufactor warranty. Not the EPP.

Your local guy can fix it then.

He will then charge the call to the vendor. Sorry for the inconvience.

Review
#193187 Review #193187 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Leawood, Kansas - Botched Front Door Installation

My latest Lowe's managed front door replacement project started off great and sadly, has come to a disastrous stage. In the end, the installers came and removed my front door down to the studs and then realized that the custom door that was measured and ordered by their team, did not fit. The process ended in the customer service representative ordering a new better door that would arrive in 2+ weeks instead of the same door I had ordered that would have taken 8+ weeks. I was also at that time promised compensation in the tune of $750 which was the price of the original door. I mentioned that I didn't care about the updated door but if it was what they wanted to do - so be it. In the mean time my front door has been replaced by plywood on the outside and insulation on the inside. While the outside view is priceless on it's own - http://twitpic.com/2bxtga - the inside view is even better. The inside view shows the exposed insulation with the warning label repeating 30+ times: "This facing will burn. Do not leave exposed. It must be covered with gypsum board or other code-approved materials and installed in compliance with building codes." As you can see in this picture, http://twitpic.com/2bxu8x , that is not the case. I have three young children and normally try to avoid fire hazards in my home. Video of the inside door: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp893GVMwGk To end the day I was called to say that the earlier offer was not approved and should not have been extended and instead I would be extended the pleasure of a free storm door instead. I am not sure what else could go wrong with the project and the associated customer service but luckily the situation is not nearly yet over and more disappointment may be looming.

More bees with honey than sarcasm...

Review
#192746 Review #192746 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Newark, New Jersey - Lowe's delivery no show

I ordered a whirlpool washer 3 weeks ago and they still haven't delivered it yet. I contacted the North Bergen Lowe's and the delivery dept doesnt even pick up the phone. So I spoke with the operator who told me it wasn't in stock yet and they were waiting for the washer. I called back again and another worker told me it was scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Who are they kidding? They are liars and do not have any respect for their customers. I am very disappointed at Lowe's. I cancelled my order and if they don't credit the full amount I'm getting a lawyer. They just lost another customer.

If you got your money back you cannot sue them. Why are people so "sue happy" Hopefully the lawyer takes your money before telling you you dont' have a case.

Why would the delivery dept pick up the phone if they are on the road DELIVERING!!

Review
#192608 Review #192608 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Raleigh, North Carolina - Lowe's Breach Of Contract

In Aug 07 I purchased a Whirlpool Washer from Lowe's with a $159 Extended Proctection Plan. The paint is peeling off. The Lowe's service technician and a customer representative from Lowe's Service Advantage both said it was misapplication by the manufacturer, which is covered under our contract (please reference Lowe's EPP contract). However, Lowe's is denying repair of the item, which seems to be their policy from talking with a few of their local employees. WARNING! DO NOT purchase an protection plan from Lowe's. You should purchase it directly from the manufacturer. I attempted to file a smail claim; however, the filing costs were going to be over $100.

I swear these customers think they know everything. They just want to get a cheap repair for something they failed to maintain.

As a corporate representative I have seen my share of these false claims.

All they do is waste our time. Sometimes I wish customers would just shut up and be happy that we sold them a decent product.

is ther a pdf file available for

Lowe's Extended Protection Plan # AP00030294 brochure

#194325

1.) First of all if you read your epp you should notice that the coverage does not even start untill AFTER the first year, so even if it was a convered failure (which it's not but we'll get to that momentairly) there would be nothing that Lowes Service Advantage could do since your warranty is currently being provided by Whirlpool.

2.) You your self quoted from the terms and conditions "These plans do not cover...Cosmetic Damage and problems due to improper and/or non-factory authorized installation or repairs"

Paint is cosmetic in nature as it does NOT effect the use of your unit.

3.) Feel free to take the advice of the *** Noname if you truly wish to waste your time, as the corporate offices are going to tell you the same thing that the reps do.

4.) If you really are unhappy with your epp, since your purchase is less than 90 days old..... return it and get your money back.

Please make sure you know what your talking about before you publicly make an *** of yourself next time.

Lowe's Extended Protection Plan # AP00030294

Paragraph Three: Availability Of Services

"These plans cover MANUFACTURER'S DEFECTS in material and WORKMANSHIP that are the result of NORMAL USEAGE"

i.e. a manufacturer improperly applying paint

Paragraph Seventeen: General Exclusions

Lowe's installed my washing machine, and no repairs have been made. The comment by "you people are idiots" is exactly what the cheif supervisor for Lowe's Service Advantage stated; however, their claim obviously does not match the documentation. How these people hold such a professional, corporate position with the largest home improvement product supplier is beyond me!

it clearly states in the TERMS AND CONDITIONS that you agreed to when purchasing the warranty that COSMETIC Damage hence paint is not covered because it doesn't affect the products performance. Read your *** terms and conditions you *** *** And get some cheese with the wine since your Whining about something your WRONG about.

Lowes is definately a scam!They have done the same with me. I had laminate flooring installed in my home and it is warping from the moment it was installed. They are thinking of every excuse not to replace it although it is under a 30yr warranty.huh!30 seconds is more like it.Im just a bother to them now.They took my money and thats that.

I did contact the corporate office. They said they stand by the suggestion of their Lowe's Service Advantage company.

They really dug thier heels in on this one for some reason. You think after I paid $159 for the plan that they would complete a $50 repair.

Threaten to call the Corporate Office or keep complaining until someone does something.

:grin

View more comments (8)
Review
#192128 Review #192128 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes does not deliver good service

I had a $24, 000 project set up by the Lows store at Osage Beach Missouri. Their deliveries were untimely and in most cases never showed up. They never had the courtesy to call and inform me of their delivery schedule. When I called the delivery department there was no answer or recordings. I have had my project extended because the installers had nothing to work with and had to go to other jobs. On weekends I had a cashier act like he didn't want to be there and was very unhelpful. Their employees are very rude and unprofessional.

Why should the amount of money you spend determine how you are treated? Who care how much you spend!!!! Whats the difference if you spent $24.00????

Sounds about like my experience with Lowes. When I tried to spend a mere $2000 on a home project, I couldn't get the rep off the 'phone long enough even to take the order.

I went down the street to Home Depot and got taken care of in about twenty minutes. :(

Review
#192116 Review #192116 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Columbia, Maryland - Lowe's - ignorance at its best!

I bought a Porter-Cable dovetail machine online. A few days later I decided to get a mini-dovetail template to go along with it. Deltaportercable.com listed a local Lowes as a supplier of the part. I called the local store and punched-in the extension number for tools. I get the wrong department and was told they'd transfer me to the proper department. After waiting 15 minutes on hold, I wrote an e-mail to Lowe to complain about their poor service. I hung up when I had been waiting 20 minutes. For those of you who don't tinker with wood, whenever you look at a cabinet or desk drawer and see interlocking "fingers" of adjoining panels, you're looking at a dovetail joint...something ANY carpenter...professional or amatuer...is very familiar with. The next day I was at another store near Lowe's, so I dropped into Lowe's as well, hoping they'd have the template on-hand. Nobody in that store knew what a dovetail is...and that's supposed to be a "lumber" store! If that weren't bad enough, on the way out I passed the plumbing department and saw a customer with an obvious problem: he was trying to fit a 1-1/2" tailpiece (the drain part which comes directly down from the sink) into a 1-1/2" trap he'd brought with him, and it wouldn't fit. The clerk was hemming and hawing but has no idea as to how to solve the problem. When I pointed to the customers 1-1/2" x 1-1/4" reducing washer in the trap and told him a plain 1-1/2" washer would make it work, he lit up and said, ""You mean I just need a different washer?," and the clerk simply looked dumfounded. What pure ignorance this store was plagued with! Seeing a salesperson who makes a mistake now and then is normal, but this comedy of errors indicated clearly how little Lowe's really cares about customer service! (NOT!) Yes, this was in only one store, but Lowe's has plenty of resources to train ALL of their personnel! The place was disgusting.

I have spent too much time at Lowes over the years. The things I have seen show how poor the management really is.

I can't understand where they find these people. Lowes does have the means to train their employees but don't really bother. One employee told me he was an electrician by trade by the management assigned him to plumbing because "they" felt he would be better suited there. I have seen employees start in one department and "transfered" to another department for no reason.

If you ask a manager to simply cut a key they insist on "calling" somebody else to do it. I get the managing thing, but when I have already been waiting 10 minutes? Then, you find associates who do work, are helpful, and really know what they're doing. They don't stay for long because of the *** they have to deal with from "above"..

I have even overheard the store manager himself say he didn't care that the cashier outside was struggling to keep the money from flying out of her drawer due to the wind (although she is the one who would get written up if she lost anything).

Its not that they don't have the help to train them. All the training is done on computers. However, The managers don't want to help customers by covering for the associate that has to do the training.

If you go to Lowes on a day when they have their "manager's meetingS" you will be waiting FOREVER to speak to one. If you care about customer service go to a small hometown hardware store where they actually care about the customer!

It's not just Lowes. Consumers want lower prices so the big home centers buy cheaper material, cut staff, hire cheaper part time help that doesn't get trained because there isn't enough help to train them. If you want good help go to a small hometown hardware store.

Review
#192010 Review #192010 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes Valspur Granite Paint is a Nightmare to Apply with a 1.25in Roller

Valspur and Lowes are pulling a fast one on consumers with their Valspur Granite paint. They say apply it with a 1.25in roller. You will never achieve results that are anywhere close to the swatch samples doing it the way they recommend.It will simply look like you have painted clumpy cat liter onto your walls. This paint must be applied with a paint gun sprayer to achieve the results resembling what the swatch's look like. If you apply it will a 1.25in roller you will have a disaster on your hands.The only way to remove it from your walls is with sanding it off!!!! Beware!!!

This paint is beautify, but what a nightmare do not use a roller that is a waste of time I found out early on so I used a brush and it took days for me to finish, and worst of all It's red and after 10 years I want it off, if you put a nail in the wall to hang something and then one day you need to pull it out, it leaves a white hole and it looks real bad so you really cant hang things on the wall with this paint it goes down to the drywall

This paint is very difficult. Had to get a professional to apply.

I am now selling my house with those textured walls and the sell depends on my patching the holds from my mounted TV.

Does anyone have any left over paint they would sell me.. I will pay for shipping too.

Dbwolonick@yahoo.com

I started painting my master bath with this valspar granite paint from lowes after the drywall surface was destroyed by trying to remove wallpaper. It's a small room & to get the appearance of the swatch I have already used 3 gallons on a 6x5 room & haven't touched one wall.

I can't afford a sprayer so I've just closed the room off until I can figure it out. Makes me sick to look at it.

I went according to directions & I agree it looks like sprinkled kitty liter!! Horrible product!!

@Teresa

Do you have any of the paint left... I need some for touch up.

I a willing to pay for it and the shipping. Reply to : dbwolonick@yahoo.com

I tried the first coat, just as the directions said. It was auful and looked like dark cat litter.

The second coat helpsed but it really took a leap of faith to do that second coat.

It looks better but still it looks nothing like the swatch. I've used it successfully Ralph Lauren Suede in the past I'll stick with the next time I need texture.

it's real ***. do not by extrimly danger fot valet.

I used this paint and it was wonderful! I used a 4 inch skinny roller with a thicker nap.

I worked in smaller sections and it went on perfectly. I worked it in random directions, it is hard to work the paint, but the end result is absolutely amazing. After I finished I went back over the walls looking for places I needed it. Use the correct tools, keep your roller full, and expect to use elbow grease and you will be happy with the result.

It actually looked so good with the first coat a second wasn't needed. If anyone would like a picture leave me your email address and I can send one.

I just bought this Horrible paint myself for my daughters room.

Big mistake!!!! It looks soooo bad I wish I would of never walked

into Lowes!!!! I also bought everything the guy told me to buy... I even went back to ask for help.... He told me to try other steps! It looks Worse!! I would Not recommend this Paint to Anyone!!! Do not waste your Money!

I also called Valspar to see if they could give me any pointers..... Nothing!!! DO NOT BUY THIS PAINT!!!! From a 1-10 review deff a -10 (negative 10!)

You do realize that the granite paint would not go through a paint sprayer as it is full of large grains and would clog in a sprayer.

We're moving into a house that has Granite on the walls of one room. We hate the look.

What is the best technique for painting over this without having the grittiness poking through?

Do we have to sand it?

@chris

Why don't you go to you tube or consult a decorator... or even call the manufacturer to get advice rather than a consumer complaint website?

My walls are platered and I used this paint in four of my rooms and it looks great. I did not use rollers because I could not get the desired look that I wanted so instead I used sponges.

I'll add that this took a lot longer but I ended up with the exact results I wanted. Also I made the mistake of not applying clear coat over the finished walls, so if you use this paint be sure to add the clear coat.

This type of paint job takes much patience and cannot be rushed. I have the kitchen, living room, and bedroom all painted with the granite look and they each look great.

The second step shouldn't be done until the the next day if possible. The first coat needs to dry completely so that it takes to the wall almost as if you were applying stucco. The second step with give that ultimate look that we all admired in the store when looking at the swatches. Just do it exactly the way it says, in X's.

There isn't any special way to do it. The more freely you are with your x's the better of a look you will end up with.

mprice03

I agree. This paint is a nightmare.

I put on my kitchen walls and they look HORRIBLE. I have to sand them and prime them ...so more money and time...geeez. This is ridiculous.

They should have somebody at Lowes that could advise the customers that we need a spray gun. I asked many questions about the paint, what roller I need, etc, they showed me the "tools" I bought everything they recommended..still my walls look like ***

Nobody cares about your secret identity!

Valspur Valspar who really gives a *** ***. The *** paint doesn't *** work.

I have a suggestion why don't you bring your *** companyman *** over and paint my *** walls. Better yet put the *** paint on your on *** walls ***. Here's another idea since you love this *** paint so much, why don't you drink it.

Yeah and let me know if it taste ***. Have a nice *** day shitface-NOT!!!!

Fat Mart cart rider

It's not valspur, it's valspar. VALSPAR.

V A L S P A R! Get it right.

The question I have, is did you buy the RIGHT roller? The granite paint looks great, but it takes a good bit of work to apply.

A quick google search shows that they suggest a thick nap roller, 1.25" as you say. However they add that you should work in SMALL sections, of about 3 feet each. Once the first coat is done, you then add the second coat with a larger paint brush using an X pattern. It's this second coat that actually causes the granite effect, and it (the second coat) can not be applied with anything other than a brush.

No roller, nor paint sprayer. Looking at your complaint, I think you skipped the second step.

View more comments (17)
Review
#191978 Review #191978 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Weare, New Hampshire - On Line pricing higher in store

Made a list of materials from "on-Line Lowes" Total cost came out over $60 higher when I went to the store to purchase. Had all the Item numbers, but the same thing in the store had a different item number (and of course a higher price) Manager said: on-line was only for home delivery.(and of course there is a delivery charge) Why did I have to indicate on line, which store I was going to go to to make the purchases???? Is this a "bait and switch", or just a rip by any name ??? Home Depot just acquired another customer.
Review
#190746 Review #190746 is a subjective opinion of poster.