Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Eugene, Oregon - I am beyond PISSED

In late August I ordered 2 area rugs "online" from Lowes. HUGH MISTAKE. Got an e-mail stating I would have rugs on or before 9-6-2010. On 9-8 I contacted the "on-line" customer service contact number - was immediately connected to my closest store, Medford, Oregon. Without becoming completely boring, I will say that in my 60 plus years, this was THE WORST experience I have ever had. Was told by 5 different employees that my rugs were "en route". Finally, on 9-21 I received a phone call, from yet another employee stating that - OOPS - rugs had never been shipped, but LOWES would be happy to give me my money back. I am pleased to say that I did receive my credit account refund in the mail (promptly). Too bad Lowes doesn't seem to be able to deliver the same service when you are getting an actual product. I personally do not expect to ever cross Lowes threshold again. A truly horrible experience. Have you guys up in corporate ever considered a "customer service" consulting firm. Might be worthwhile - although with the attitudes I experienced don't really know if it would help.

So was this in Eugene or Medford? A little confusing in the info.

I am sure the company is represented by the 1 order you made. Makes sense.

Whats a hugh mistake?

View more comments (1)
Review
#200022 Review #200022 is a subjective opinion of poster.
This isnot the ist time Ive gotten plants frome Lowes and had them die off or worse yet a year ago I opened up a Rose container and it was fillied with a massive Ant infestation,inside the container, that rose bush didn't survive and even the. Anyhow she comes...

I purchased and planted 3 apple trees from Lowe's. The trees have flourished, so what's the problem?

They were labeled GALA apples, which is what I was looking for.

The trees required 4 years to mature and begin producing------GRANNY SMITH apples.

When I complained to the store after the first crop, I was told tough luck.

The guarantee is only for 1 year, and only if the plants die.

I hate Granny Smith apples--they are only good for pies. I wanted GALA apples to eat.

Don't buy fruit trees from Lowe's.

View more comments
Review
#199828 Review #199828 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Don't Go to Lowes in Glenwood Springs, CO

My younger sister and I recently went to Lowes in order to purchase some electrical parts for my husband. After selecting the required materials, I needed some wire cut to length. After finally tracking down an employee with wire cutting 'credentials' I handed him the list of needed wire materials with the lengths. He took one look at the list and totally freaked out. He began swearing at me in front of my teenaged sister until I finally let him have it. I told him that I would be contacting his manager and turned to leave. He responded with additional swearing, and the information that I could contact anyone I wanted, but nothing would be done due to his employment as electrical manager at the Glenwood Springs Lowes. I called the store the next day and requested to speak to the store manager. I was told that he was out for the day, so I left him a message. 5 messages later, and still no response. Do not go to the Glenwood Springs Lowes unless you want to be sweared at, mistreated and repeatedly ignored.

I used to work at that store and I can tell you that this is TRUE, not only do I know how things are run there, but I know the manager she is talking about. After working for Lowe's in Glenwood, I have stopped shopping there completely and recommended everyone I can to take their business elsewhere. That place is terrible.

The female speaking here is absolutely correct... she said she FINALLY tracked someone down, yea they do kind of IGNORE you, and when you ask for some help they begrudgingly assist and make you feel *** while pushing their most expensive product rather than what you need.

#193821

NO ONE really believes this post, do they? Sounds to me more like an angry girlfriend trying to make this guys life miserable.

View more comments (2)
Review
#199757 Review #199757 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Denver, Colorado - Always do fine

I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here. I shop here quite a bit and I aways find good value/service. No compaints here.
#193202

pointless.

Review
#199660 Review #199660 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Watch your Prescrition Drugs

I work for Lowes in Southern Pines, North Carolina. I have heard from multiple people on multiple occasions that one of the delivery drivers is on pills. He has been stealing pills from the customers. Alot of the customers that they deliver to are elderly and just leave their medicine on the kitchen counter. I had to go out on delivery with him one day, at the time I wasn't sure if the rumors were true, and on one stop we were delivering a refrigerator and I walked out of the house to grab a tool and when I came back in he was looking at their medicine. I told him to put it down that it wasn't his and he did. Just a couple of days later someone told me that he crushed a pill and sniffed it in front of him.
#193098

sometimes drugs make the work more interesting leave the person alone, i bet you wished they shared.

#193096

Tasha. What's up?

Seems like you and I have been criss-crossing on some of our reviews that we are browsing. Thanks for the flattering point of interest you are taking with me. Tasha, would do me the honor of saying hi sometime when we cross.

It would nice to know that a person is not completely alone on this site. Good night.

#192905

Well Electrical Pro

Your sentence stucture sucks. You begin a sentence with a capital letter. What's one spelling error compared to your lack of puncunuation.

Sean/truth going overboard is what makes the site interesting.

#192789

"Electrical Pro", guess what, I made some spelling "boo-boos" on my last entry. Let me be humble and rip myself apart.

WOW!!! I am so "poopy" for my spelling.

#192786

Hello "Electrical pro". Just wanted to personally say hi and clarify some things.

I went overboard on some of my comments in alot of the subjects I commented on the other day. I apologized for the mistakes made. Go through and read them for yourself. Also, thanks for the spell check.

Critcism then practice makes for better skills. I took advice from a couple of our fellow "critiquers". Now, for the part of you believing if my profession is "legit", who cares? These are just random, unknown people with some things on their mind.

By the way, the more info someone gives "bout themself, the more fuel someone has to possibly harm that person. I gave to much already and I amm sorry for that. Hey, you are a "questioning" person and that is good. However, just because your title is "Electrical Pro", does that mean you are a electrical journeyman wireman.

I need more proof on you. My advice on what I just said---stay to yourself with the personal stuff or you will have people like you commenting back to yourself.

#192691

now Sean/truth...you need to stop the vandetta on this one. oh, your spelling of field day was a little off.

Lets see manager...hummm....I think not.

I need more info that you are so and if

you are then I'll apologize but if you are not then I will expose you for what you really are....

#192145

I am a Lowes Employee also. I am a manager.

I am making it my personal challenge to file a complaint to your store in regards to your involvement in hiding drug use in the company and to bring you into light about the confidentiality breach you just performed by hanging an employee out to the world on an world internet site. You just gave me your store and just enough info to track you and the other employee. You messed up. This is a site for consumers to complain and gripe about consumer issues.

Not for you to "slay" your co-workers and employer. Your HR manager will have a feild day on this.

View more comments (6)
Review
#199283 Review #199283 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in East Moline, Illinois - Lowe's Delivery Drivers in Dothan, AL are Criminals

I had a washer and dryer delivered and the delivery people (burglars) came back and broke into my house to steal it within 2 weeks. The only people who new there where a new washer and dryer in my house were the delivery men and me. They went right to those and only took them. Caught the thieves on video surveillance! Don't buy from Lowe's in Dothan Alabama! Or at least don't have it delivered (carry it out yourself) and don't give your correct address if you want to keep your stuff! Buyer beware Lowe's hires thieves!
#193881

I never know that on the Lowe's Application form if they have a question. Are you a burgular or any other type of criminal, and hire those who say yes.

Like Tasha said those people stole from you just because they were not brought up properly or some reason. What company do you work for. I am sure you have had some people who were fired for doing something wrong maybe even against the law.

Does this mean that you are in the same boat as them. That you too are bad and a law breaker.

#192329

Wow Sean/truth you are everywhere these days. I just replied on another letter where you replied.:grin

I have a problem with your title. So a few *** from Lowes broke in your house and stole your washer and dryer. This just means that lowes has a few *** This does not mean that all Lowes employees are thieves. This could have happened from any company who installs washer's and drivers. Basically you will have some butthead in any organization who steals. You were just unlucky enough to have a few bad apples but that does not mean that all Lowes employees are thieves.

Also "Truth is Relative", Sean/truth also defended crazy complaints from Wal-mart. Does this mean he works there as well. You must be a very young child to come to the conclusion that just because Sean is sticking up for a company that he works for Lowes. It would be like me saying that the person only made this complaint because they were fired for the same thing and this whole complaint is a lie from a disgrunged employee. I am not fivc years old so I know that this is not the case. However your logic and reasoning if that of a five year oldchild. Same with the OP. Just because a few people work at Lowes are thieves not everyone is. Just here in Calfornia a few people were busted for dealing drugs. Does this mean everyone who lives in Calfornia deals drugs. I don't. In James Town a mother with depression drowned her children. Does this mean everyone with depression drowns their children? Does this mean all mother's in the James Town drown their children? She also worked at Duncan Donuts. Does this mean every employee which Duncan Dunuts hires is a child killer. What happened to the OP sucked, but he should not catagory all Lowes employees as one. Maybe Sean/Truth is a criminal, maybe he isn't. But if he is it has nothing to do with working at Lowes. You don't know him, and neither do I so to assume he is a criminal just because of a reply online is childish.

#192319

To "Truth is relative"; 1)TOUCHE!! 2)This is my first time (as of 20-09-2010)typing on any site and I have to admit that it became quite fun to sit in the comfort of my own home and create "spiffy" responses and attacks 3)I never said that I was a corporate PR for Lowes.

You peiced that together and fabricated your own "thing". I just said that I was a manager with Lowes(any type of manager can be from the bottom of the cess pool to the highest of the golden castle).4)Lowes can take care of their own "stuff". Comments made by any human , even myself, can come out rude and coarse. To all---I apologize.

5)However, I was partaking in, admitted to guilt and have come to realize that me, you or anyone can type messages from a computer(without ever being seen) and belittle, attack or just basically vent on anyone in the world. The thing that I noticed was how easy it was for us to find fault in everyone else(stores, business places, products, even ourselves). I never want to do that again . At least not on a computer.

I think I will just stick to the good old fashion way of facing my fear and confronting one-on-one.

Thank-you for helping me snap back to the truest way of life. God bless!

#192241

Oh "Sean", Lowe's corporate PR thug attacking the victim. (Just check "Sean/truth"'s comments all over anything on this site if you don't think he works for Lowe's PR.)

It's called "corporate responsibility". Obviously, based upon your comment, Lowe's knows that people are watching them and that any wrongdoing will not go unnoticed.

Unfortunately, Lowe's response is to berate the customer rather than root out the criminals.

If you're such a proud Lowe's employee, get off these complaint forums and go get rid of your criminal elements.

For that matter, any hard-working Lowe's worker in the world would step forward and root out unethical activity among their ranks.

#191992

Excuse me "Lowesthief". Were you born in a treehouse?

The very last sentance you wrote just insulted workers in close to 1800 Lowes stores in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and soon to be Australia. Do you really think Lowes intentionally hires thieves or maybe people lie their way into jobs. Here is a something to make you think before you write.

If a couple of people are arrested in the state of Alabama, does that mean that everyone in Alabama are criminals? Apologies are only made by honest people.

#191944

What is the status of those workers? Were they arrested? I have heard of car stereo installers doing the same thing.

View more comments (5)
Review
#199198 Review #199198 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes is O.K. for it's return policy

In a correction to the person that filed a complaint on Lowes return policy. If you were patient enough to read the Lowes policy sign that is posted (HUGE) by every return desk in over 1700 stores, Lowes also reserves the right to refuse return for any reason. As a business, to reserve the right for something, post it on a sign, have the federal government monitor that right means---there is no hidden agreement and as an AMERICAN store, as long as it is written in their policies and procedures, that is honoring their return policy. You have the right to refuse passage of strangers in your house. If I came to your do your front door, as a stranger and wanted to sell you something that was foreign to your knowledge---do you have the right not to buy it? If you buy something at one store and try to return it to a another store that does not even have it assigned to their inventory, they have the right(posted as a policy for the WORLD to see)to REFUSE return. Please correct and remove that statement. Oh, that's right, you also have the right to publish or print LIES. I have the right to sue.
#191816

What! No one has anything to add to this.

23 hits in apprx. one hour. Someone please respond to the truth. We as americans love to complain.

Well complain "bout" this --- we are all selfish and weak.

When do we actually stop and reason and give credit or try to understand the facts. We are so caught up with how cool and smart "Criminal Minds" may be, do we for one minute try to reason how stores do business.

Review
#199169 Review #199169 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Calexico, California - Manager was not professional in resloving my carpet claim

lowes in california will not help out the consumer in a simple carpet claim. home depot would take care of the same problem and replace the entire carpet under their warranty, no questions and gripes . they treat the consumer with respect and are courteous. so lowes just gives runarounds and blames the other person and its the consumer is at fault.lowes would not cover for a defective carpet. only lowes would resell another carpet at stores prices, plus installation charge. i have being a lowes customer for years and never had a problem, until now and no help was given.dont shop at lowes you guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!
#191806

Because one Lowes store in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and soon to be Austalia does not take care of you the way they should, does that mean you "knock" the entire realm of Lowes(to include all those workers as listed by the countries named)? Are you a racist too? Hey if one person does wrong for their race, are all the people in that race bad?

Review
#198885 Review #198885 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Kellogg, Idaho - Fired for going above and beyond for customer

I worked for Lowes for four and a half years. On July 9th, 2010, I was fired for helping a customer with a situation that happened 28 days previously. Lowes has always told its employees that they have the power to satisfy the customer and insure their continued patronage. I have held the position of cashier, head cashier, and team lead of customer service while working for Lowes. On this particular day, I was working at the returns desk when the store opened for the day. A customer came in with a defective Kobalt box cutter. Kobalt products have a lifetime warranty / no hassle return through Lowes. Lowes has an open account with Kobalt for defective or damaged tools made by them. Lowes requires a receipt for returns. If no receipt you can get store credit with an I.D. This customer was a repeat customer who spends thousands of dollars at Lowes. The item he was trying to exchange cost $8.98. The customer did not have his receipt and had left his entire wallet at home that day. He really needed a new box cutter for his job that morning. I wanted to help and so I used my SS# to issue him a store credit so he could repurchase the box cutter. I put in his significant information, name, address, etc. The very next day the store Loss Prevention Person, approached me and asked about the transaction for the box cutter. I told him what I had done to satisfy the customer and he said, "Well don't do it again". The next day my store manager Mark Goldsmith asked me to write a statement about the same transaction. I did. I honestly thought it was no big deal as we have fake I.D. numbers beginning with MY to use in similar situations. I just didnt have one on me at the time that the customer was there. I used my own social security number because I was not trying to be sneaky or hide anything. Like I said, Kobalt items have a lifetime warranty, no hassle return policy. Well 28 days later, after a 4 day holiday weekend, I came in on Wednesday to work my 6:00 am to 3:00 pm shift. At 2:45 I was told by a co-worker that I was wanted in the upstairs conference room. I went upstairs to find the store manager Mark G. and a zone manager, Robyn, waiting for me. Mark tried to make small talk and asked me how my day was and invited me to sit down. He asked if I knew why I was there and I said I had no idea. He then asked me if I remembered the incident about a month ago with a box cutter. I said yes. He said that they had completed the INVESTIGATION and that they were letting me go as of then. Falsifying documentation - he called it. Can you believe it! Well I couldn't. A couple of months before this incident I was employee of the month. I got a $25.00 gift certificate and my own parking space up front. Now I was being let go over an item valued at less than TEN DOLLARS. I have never had any incidents with any employer involving me being dishonest. I don't consider this to be one either. I never tried to hide it. No one was scammed or left lacking and the customer left happy. I could have given the box cutter away to him and wrote it in our store use log as a "customer satisfaction issue" and not have been in any trouble. I was very well liked in that store and continue to be friends with many of my coworkers who are shocked by what happened to me. I was proud to work for Lowes, and got several people I knew to work there too. But no more. I am furious, sad, and disgusted. Several customers have contacted me and told me they will no longer shop at Lowes. God Bless them. Sincerely, Carolyn McGinnis

I worked as an LPS at the Pacoima California store. I report my manager for sexually harassing female employees and having sex with several employees so they could keep their jobs. I Was fire by HR and District LP Manager.

I was fired after 4.5yrs for asking an employee why he left his dog in the hot car while he worked. but I didn't break his windshield like the other employees threatened.

They just wanted to get rid of us to bring New people in at lower pay. That's corporate America for you, they all suck.

But karma will get them in the end. Just have your popcorn ready ;)

lowes is filled with *** managers and asm's that could care less about anyone! they have an inner circle that they care about; obviously if you are outside of that they will cut your throat and watch you bleed just for enjoyment.

I have seen long term good employees get fired over the dumbest things, then on the other hand the laziest employees keep getting chosen for new positions! Never enough people on the floor then they wonder why morale is poor among employees!

I hope they go bankrupt with all the lawsuits they have ongoing they deserve it.Ill treatment of their employees that go above and beyond the call of duty;but they never have your back in return- screw them!!

Big fat no no never do that .....

In my store we have this situation all the time- customer returns a defective Kobalt tool, with no receipt, we just go get another one off the shelf (or the closest thing we can find if its been discontinued) and exchange it--no big deal. We don't typically issue a store credit

mhkoch09

I had somewhat of a similar situation but mine was worse. I messed up worse anyways.

No way you should have been fired for that, in my opinion. I also worked at the return desk. A fellow employee of mine told me he had a return to do and the 'defective' product was in the back. I took his word for it, that it was in the back(at RTM, as I have done for many non-product-present returns.) Turns out it wasn't anywhere in sthe store.

He wanted the money. Got surprised with an interview with some uneducated *** from corporate that wouldn't outright accuse me of something but did everything he could to try to implicate me of anything(for instance, he asked me if I had ever taken candy without paying for it.... *** no ***.) They fired me too. The dude from corporate was only doing his job, I'm not mad at him, but the way he was instructed to do so made it look like I was some criminal aiding this fellow employee in scamming the company out of money.

I got scammed by someone I knew. Happens on a much bigger scale with actual thieves but that's what Lowe's is scared of, employees taking money or being involved with it. Imagine if Lowe's had a union... lol *** CEO would *** his pants.

Lowe's is a *** joke of an employer. I could have got unemployment but I've never not worked since I was 15 years old. So, I got another job. But, I am still mad about it.

Unions are a good thing in most circumstances. This one definitely. The steel industry was taken down by unions but that was a manufacturing job. The service industry is different.

Don't let big business take advantage of you! Speak up and be vigilante!!!!!!!!!

#198752

Just don't forget it's that way in any store and the worse part is they seem to keep the worse of the upper management intact!

#196314

I work for LOWES and your story is no suprise to me, I see it all the time, I love the mngmnt team and most fellow employees but cant wait to move on to a more common sense company. they are they er own worst enemy and they dont care. If you break or bend the rules to make a customer happy and you get fired, you were probably already on the radar to be fired or the wrong person caught you breaking the rules.

#195741

You're better off not working there! I am no longer a customer after several mishaps. Good luck to you!!!

#193100

Elctrical Pro. "Let's build something together." Sound familiar?

#193099

Hi Electrical Pro. I'm here.

#192690

I have read the fired persons complaint and the replys...I see that

1.) a person is upset for going over the limit of policy concerning returns. if you held those positions then you should have know better...don't put yourself in harms way.

the remarks---understand this whats done is done and to the mark down for friends pricing from 20.00 to 2.00 impossible without a managers override card. come on, keep it straight, even a non lowes employee would know beeter than that.

#192334

Excuse me Sean! When have I ever made a false testimony?

When have I ever cheated on an exam? I don't appreciate you accusing me of doing things I would never do.

Unlike your parents I was taught better. I guess all Lowe's managers are the same.

#192331

Not very bright of her to leave her name here. However the real reason she was fired was for underpricing items to her friend.

She would override an item worth let's say $20 to $2 for her friends. Has claimed to "accidently" walked out with merchandise.

#192148

Come on people. 101 hits as of right now and none of you have anything to add to this complaint.

I have something.

Why use a comsumer complaint site to address the fact of why you can't hold on to a job? You did not consume anything.

#191849

Carolyn, you broke the rules. Debbie, we can not afford any more rule breaking in this country.

False court testimony is grounds for jail. Cheating on an exam is grounds for expulsion. Breaking policy and procedure in a business is grounds for termination. Does "THELMA and LOUISE" realize that they just announced to the entire world via internet that rules do not apply to them.

Remember Columbine. Rules did not apply to those 2 either.

@Sean/truth

It is easy to realize that rules are a necessary component in life. However, some rules are created as simply guidelines for possible settings.

Nothing that Carolyn has stated appears to be in poor faith. In fact, she appears to be concerned for the store and the customer and found a common ground to have the entire situation be a win-win. As a customer, although I have found Lowe's stores to be well-kept in appearance, I have continually experienced a lack of concern for their customers and employees.

Managers need to be able to provide verbal warnings, disciplinary steps, and ongoing trainings to avoid potential issues/mishaps. A policy of hire and then "fire" without sufficient cause is not a positive reflection of any company that a consumer would want to do business with.

#191680

I too have seen much ineptitude on the part of Lowe's as a corporation. They kept me waiting over 45 minutes looking for an item that had been checked in on a previous truck order. It turns out that they consider it delivered on some sort of "trust" basis. And although they never physically see the items, they are considered delivered! They combed the store while I waited the entire time. They offered me the opportunity to go to Pacoima ( late at night, mind you) to pick them up myself! I declined. One employee, who was not a store regular, offered to pick it up on his way home and bring it back in the morning. Wow, I could not believe how nice that was!

When I went the next day there were 30 or more of the product I needed. It turns out they were on the load that was parked all night outside the store. I waited the night before for absolutly nothing!! He went out of his way for nothing!!

When I spoke to a manager about it that next day, I said it was the most ridiculous policy I had ever heard of and he,like the good drone that he was, supported it and said that nothing could be done about it and that it was the was Lowe's always did it. Idiocy!! No apologies and no empathy.

It unfortunately doesn't surprise me that this person was let go. Lowe's can't see the forest through the trees! They don't see anything but the bottom line with a corporate mentality. That's why they promoted the bozo I dealt with to a management position! Get a clue Lowe's. Take a lesson from Trader Joes. The customer is the only resaon you stay in business. Try to learn how to just listen and you will be much more successful!

I only hope that this person will find a much more lucrative and rewarding position where their ability to be a genuinely good human being will be appreciated and rewarded.

View more comments (17)
Review
#198853 Review #198853 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - Lowe's Destroyed Our House

Don't believe for a minute Lowe's Installation Satisfaction Guarantee. It is absolutely nonsense. We lived in a rural area of Arkansas where Lowe's was the only store that offered building materials at a reasonable price (so we thought). We contracted with Lowe's to install floor tile in our kitchen, living room, dining room and hallway. Lowe's flat-out botched the job. The tile installer was totally unprepared to do the floor. We learned later he had only done bathrooms! Within six months, the tiles began to separate from each other, the corners of the house interior and many tiles made a distinct clang when stepped on. Improper thinset and adhesive were the culprit. A total mess. It took more than 15 phone calls and 3 visits to the store to get anyone from the store to see this *** work. They reluctantly agreed to replace the floor. It took 3 weeks for them to make the decision. We received a knock at the door and it was the tile remover. He only had a hammer and chisel. Literally. We should have stopped the process right there, but we were ignorant of how tile floors should be removed. And looking back, we were really taken in by Lowe's BS. No prep work was done in the areas affected. Nothing was covered and sealed off. Can you guess what's coming? There was silica dust all over the house area where they worked. We tried to vacuum all of it that we could. They agreed to have the tile floor removed and replaced with wood floors (we had no confidence they could do a tile floor again because they only had one installer and it was the *** who did the tile originally). So, while we were gone one day, they brought the wood in and turned on the HVAC to 'cure' the wood (it was February). All that silica dust and other contaminants were dispersed throughout the house. It was everywhere. Lowe's would not clean the house of the contaminants and when we contacted a restoration company, they quoted $25,000 to clean it but could not guarantee the house would be safe to live in. More ***. Bottom line: Lowe's would not stand by their guarantee, Lowe's corporate washed their hands of it. It was pointed out by an attorney we hired to review the contract that to file a claim against Lowe's we would have to travel to North Carolina (their Corporate office), hire an attorney, and submit to arbitration. We could only live in the master bedroom (with no heat or air) and did our cooking in the garage on a hot plate and gas grill. It took the insurance company for the contractor 8 months to settle with us (no attorney would take our case throughout Arkansas). We ended up walking the house for health reasons (I developed cancer 3 months later from the carcinogens in the house and my wife was close to having pneumonia from the continued bronchial infections. We lost our house. It was a brand new 2000 sq foot house with 6 acres of land. We lost it because of Lowe's Home Improvement. They should change their name to Lowe's Home Destruction. A hard lesson learned. I won't buy a lightbulb from that chain. The fact they could ruin a family's life and get away with it, is criminal.
#195996

I have recently watched Mike Holmes and I would like to say thank-you. He is very informative and to the point. I would recommend him to any person who would like some insightful truth when it comes to home improvements.

#193193

Thank-you for your reply. You have put up with some of my "yucky" attitude in the beginning and you have been helpful also.

Take care and I hope things steer in your direction so you may have some satisfaction. Good day.

#193182

First, thanks for your thoughts. Mike Holmes is on the HGTV channel and the show is "Holmes on Homes." He has shows at 6:00 pm EST.

#193101

By the way, if you want, could you tell me who Mike Holmes is and how I might be able to see his show.

#192658

I believe you. Hint--not all stores of any given retail are bad.

The way we present our words can have "yucky" results(I know from my own words). Just because you have one bad apple in the basket does not mean all the apples in the basket are bad.

I do still believe that if something does not seem right, STOP. I feel for you and I hope and pray that you find satisfaction against "your store in question" and may you be guided to a person or agency that will fight for you and your family.

#192238

When you live in a small town (esources to draw from.

#192237

We tried multiple times to secure legal council to fight the Lowes problem. We tried in the local area we lived in and Little Rock to get a legal team to at least look at our case.

We worked off referrals and Internet searches to find a litigator who would take our case. No one would do it. Honestly.

When you live in a small town (p into the house.

I am a totally and permanently disabled veteran (semi functional quadriplegic).

We did not have many options available to us and in retrospect, we should have done things differently but we didn't.

Mike Holmes has a show that focuses on what happens to good people who place their trust in contractors and get burned. Too bad we did not know of him when this all happened or had someone as adroit as you to give us advice.

#192150

Explain to the free thinking world why no lawyer would take you case. Come on "Destroyed House".

You wanted someone to hear you. Well here I am.

Sean/ Truth
#191789

You went on about how *** Lowes did you. One question, why did you have to install a new floor in your house if the house was brand new?

Hey, if your gut told you to stop the process when the "hammer and chisel" pro showed up, then why didn't you? My gut tells me that if my brake light in my car is on, then maybe I should immediately have my car removed from the streets and put it in for service. My gut also tells me that if I put my finger in an outlet, I'll get the "***" shocked out of me. Oh, remember this --- if you go for cheap labor and materials, well , cheap skills and bad results happen.

Wow! It only took 3 months for cancer to develope.

View more comments (8)
Review
#198680 Review #198680 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lowes Installation