Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Handicap store issuea

I shop quit often at the Lowe's in Norcross Ga on Beaver Ruin RD. Everytime I visit I have issues with the mobile carts that the handocap use. Either they are not charged enough or not charged at all. I spoke to the store manager Belinda today 6-12-10 to advise of the issue . Her answer to my daughter was " That's Not My Problem"???????. One of the ladies at the information counter told me that there is a issue with the carts they do not hold a charge. If that be the case then they should be replaced.

maybe the person who is supposed to charge the carts is handicapped and couldn't get to the carts to charge them b/c they were in a cart with a dead battery. Did you ever stop to think about that?

They probably just need to replace the batteries in the carts. The batteries don't hold a charge after they get older, or if they have been recharged numerous times.

View more comments (2)

Helena Montana Lowes

I special ordered $1000.00 worth of manufactured rock, mortar, etc... & paid to have it delivered. I had my contractor ready on the day they said it would be delivered. They did not notify me until 7:30 a.m that it wasn't in. My contractor politely accepts this & tries to find other work to fill his suddenly available time. Next delivery date, my contractor is there, I am notified about 8 a.m there will be no delivery. Contractor pretty upset. They were able to deliver the following Saturday moring. I gave Lowes my son's phone number, arranged to have my son meet them & put in garage. By noon it was still not there. My son goes to work. They delivered the rock & mortar, dropping it in my driveway, in the rain (which doesn't do mortar any good), and broke one out of every 5 rocks. When trying to report this to a manager, I was tranfered 8 times. The manager I reached really could have cared less. He said to bring broken rock in, and he would reorder that amount. Wow, another delay.... What could Lowes have done differenlty? I don't care at this point. They will never get another dime of my money.

Interesting comments on Helena, Montana Lowes. I recently had a spate of bad experiences with that store and its non-responsive staff.

Seems the manager does not have good control or oversight on staff, esp for coordinating jobs. My projects were delayed for lack of materials and items paid for and to be delivered (contractor picked them up). Poor installation by Lowes contractor and bad fit on cabinetry were some of the biggest issues. Lack of communication, follow through and response by staff and management was particularly irritating.

My advice for anyone considering home installation of anything from Lowes or other big box store is to get someone local who is reputable to do the work. Better yet, go to a local vendor - you'll seem to pay more up front but the frustration and cost savings over screw ups and misfits will be worth it.

Never going to shop there again. - LB

Back in the 1990's we bought many items at Home Depot to rehab fixer house we bought. Pretty satisfied then but have become less thrilled in recent years.

Prices are now much higher as well.

Lowes might be a little cleaner place to shop than Home Depot, but in time all these stores become less desirable. When you can, patronize the smaller businesses or they will close their doors only making things even worse than they already are.

Review

Lowes in Norwalk, California - This company treats you well!

I was a Store Manager for Lowe's HIW in the south bay of Los Angeles CA. I opened a new store and had a successful staff in which I was proud to promote 4 Department Managers to a salary position. This company treats you well and has plenty of growth opportunity given the current economic climate in the retail sector. I regret leaving the company to pursue a dream of working in a specific field in which things did not pan out as expected. Trust me when I say this! If you enjoyed what you did before you left the company, truly think through your actions prior to making a life changing decision. I would love to work for the company again because if you can demonstrate sharp business acumen and people skills you will be successful. Thanks for the opportunity Lowe's and one day maybe we can build something together again. Respectfully, Tony

I have had great store managers and Asms,I have also had had the bottom of the barrel.The most difficult part of working here is low staffing.These stores are huge and require a decent amount of people to run.Part timers come and go so fast I don't even get their names.I would be amazed if these huge dinosaurs are around much longer.

Are you trying to say, That they didn't kiss your hind end or did they?

Review

Lowes in Charlotte, North Carolina - Refused military ID because no picture on it

the military id issued to me had no picture on it, I offered two different military id,s and a driving license with picture. You should either offer veterans a discount, or do away with it. Do not advertise like you are going to give discounts, then come up with some silly reason as not having your picture - what is wrong with picture on driving license.s, shame on lowes. This happened to me at lowes, franklin square in gastonia today June 8, 2010. The lady,s name is unknown to me, she opened a register to clear a line.

Lowes also denied me in Spring Valley a girl Elissa was nasty when I explained I had my dd 214 and other picture I'd Nasty nastyj

i got a discount after beingninsulted...i uave amilitary retired id with a picture...theybdid not want to aceept. I will not there again

Home Depots ALWAYS takes the same id....

Lowe's denied me a military discount today even tho I showed my USMC discharge card, Marine Corps League current membership and even my old Liberty card. No photo, no discount.

Showed drivers license and they said no good.

Thanks Lowe's for hornoring my 8 years of serviceto my country before you were even born!! 1955-63-- SEMPER FI.

Too bad no important person from Lowe's will ever read these comments!!!

I served from 1966 to 1972. Today I went to Lowe's store #533 Hurst Texas.

When I asked for my Vet.

discount and offered my DD-214, they said sorry we won't except that, when they did in the past. Sad when they say thanks for serving our country, but not any more.

#391925

I was denied the military dicount at Lowes because even though L had my discharge but no photo. I served 8 years during the Korean war.

Thanks Lowes for supporting those who serve (what a joke you are to us Vets) date refused 15 Dec 11. There is another store in the same line that does not require A photo !

We went to Lowe's yesterday and were refused military discount because we have no military photo ID. But, even though my husband served 6 yrs, he was told by veteran affairs he is not able to get a photo military ID.

So, how do you like THAT one? He says, "I guess I am not MILITARY ENOUGH"!

went to lowes yesterday ,but was denied discount because no picture on my id card, going to home depot from now on. not the first time they refused me.

As long as you have a valid military id OR a Vertains Affairs Card showing your picture on it stating you are military we have no problem honering a discount for military. However you have to make sure you always ask because it is not an advertised discount. Unfortunitally there are people out there we try and take advantage of the military discount and are not military that's not right to the people who have served for our country.

lowes Policy seems clear to me

Lowe’s Companies, Inc. announced this week that it is expanding its support of the military by offering an all day, every day 10 percent discount to all military personnel who are active, reserve, retired or disabled veterans and their family members, with a valid, government-issued military ID card.

I am looking for a military id. I am not on active duty.

I have served in the Air Force. Can any one help??

davidsmith745@aol.com

Okay here is the deal..lowes offers a veterans discount 4 times a year..Vets day,memorial and labor day weekend as well as July 4th. Discharge papers for this discount are acceptable.

Lowes offers active miltary and retired (20 years in) a discount all year long. For this discount a photo ID is required.

Ran into a problem at Lowes today. No discount because of no military picture ID.

Had been able to us DD214 and Lifetime VFW ID in the past. Some states provide veterans with picture ID. Don't know about NC.

Had to turn in military ID when left service in 1968. ?????

#202804

there were several people in the lowes store in brookfield ct looking for military discount...they had dd214 with a picture license from state of ct and they refused them....i suggested they go to home depot down the block and they did...SCREW LOWES SCREW THEM ROYALLY....THEY SUCK....SHOP HOME DEPOT ALL YE VETS

#194656

TASHA,

Are you for real? Who are you accusing of fraud?

"Tasha said:, on 25-09-2010 22:50 "

"You are not a veteran. You are lying to get a discount and hoping to take away their discounts because your little scam did not work. Shame on you. They risk their lives and you disprespect them like this"

#194141

Shame on you. They risk their lives and you disprespect them like this.

#194051

The "secret" to having the "military ID" that has a picture is that it is not issued to all veterans. It is certainly issued to all active military personnel, so that is not the controversy.

Veterans who served in Korea and Viet Nam and did not apply for a service connected disability are only issued a dd214 upon discharge. These are men who served in a battlefield and survived unscathed. Veterans who served during the same period but never left the US or served in other areas that were not war zones could have a service connected disability and would have the "government issued ID". Also, anyone who served during the same time and were never in a war zone might have applied to utilize VA Hospitals for their care instead of private health care. That fact alone entitled them to "picture" ID cards, which allows them the discount, even though they have no service connected disability and never served in a "war" zone. Please don't tell me that the wording "war" is incorrect for Korea and Viet Nam, as I will agree.

The "discrimination" is only that some veterans that might be less deserving of the discount and those who served "under fire" will be denied. Recently, the VA will no longer let those "non-disability" Korean and Viet Nam veterans apply or in any way have access to VA Hospitals, although the Non-War Veterans are still permitted.

It is up to Lowes, Home Depot, or any other business to set their "standards" and there are those who think it is not appropriate to exclude the "non card" carrying veterans. I will shop where I feel I am treated fairly and you need not agree with my interpretation and that is your right.

Not for retirees only, nor for vets with VA medical benefits. There are thousands of us who served and have no picture ID.

It always amazes me when people feel they have been discriminated against because they did not receive a discount. I'm sorry...how is that discrimination...

@Are you serious?

The issue of discrimination is clear, since a statement is made to offer a service...but even though the applicant meets the criteria, they are told no for various reasons...non of which Lowe's specifies clearly. I have processed with them, even talked to "headquarters." I was told one thing from headquarters, but that did not work when I went to our local store.

Some of our local Lowe's employees are very aware of the distortion of the policy, and the "discrimination" that takes place.

Some of them (in our store[don't tell anyone]) will take my DD214 and give me the discount.

I served back in the early '60s, but for whatever reason, I and numerous others were told (by our branch of service, AF and Navy) that we cannot be given a military ID. Go figure.

Lowes policy had been to give the discount to anyone who had served 180 days of active duty. When I got out after serving 4 years, the Air Force took my military ID card.

All I had to prove my service was my DD214 and my Geneva Conventions Card. Lowes always excepted the Geneva Conventions Card until this year. Now they want a photo ID, and they showed me a copy of the ID that they will accept.

As stated by several others, it's the VA Medical ID Card. Home Depot will still take the Geneva conventions card.

I also have been denied a military vetrans discount due to the fact that I have never used V.A med. benefits and been issued a picture I.D. I served my country and feel I am being discriminated against by Lowes because I elected a private health insurance rather than the V.A.

Retired 36 years. My ID has a picture, Lowes has never declined it. Probally dodged Pass and ID as well a Militry.

Been in 30 years and counting, never saw a military ID wthout a picture. Nice try, but you got caught, deal with it!

I know of no legitimate military ID that does not have a picture. I've seen a lot of them in my 24 years too. Reasons for it not being accepted without a picture include the fact that it's probably fake or isn't really an actual ID and also to allow real military folks who deserve the discount to get it.

Now - go away.

For someone who has served for 8 years, I will not be able to get a "pictured" military id card.

Please don't use ALL CAPS as you seem like you are yelling.

Semper Fi!

I work for Lowe's and I have seen this same sad, embarrasing scenario played out in my own store as well. But....let some loudmouthed rude customer come in and be someone who doesn't deserve a discount of any type complain and or demand a discount and the MOD without fail, folds like a wet noodle and basically gives them the store lest they get the dreaded CCIC complaint!

#151978

WHAT MILITARY ID IS THIS WITHOUT A PICTURE ON IT?

US MILITARY ID CARDS HAVE PICTURES ON IT!

IM AM RETIRED US MILITARY AND GUESS WHAT?... THERE IS MY PICTURE ON THE ID CARD!

View more comments (26)

Lowes in Houston, Texas - Lwes did not deliver products

Purchased a cook stove and microwaves oven on a Monday, June 7th. It was to be installed the following Friday. They did not show up at precribed time. I called the manager with inquiry. He was to call back next day. Did not. After numerous trips and calls to the store, I gave up after a week. Each trip resulted in a different manager who knew nothing about my problem. Today, Monday June 14 I'm told by a different manager that my purchases are on back order. Their attitude-"Go somewhere else-I don't care". I will go somewhere else!

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Limited access for disabled to shop

I am a disabled veteran. I went to the Lowe's store on 22nd. ave. n. in St. Petersburg,Fl. My intention was to buy an air conditioner and ceiling fan. I asked if they had electric carts for the disabled. I was told that they only had two. one was in use by another disabled customer and the other was nowhere to be seen, absolutely no concern by the employees(asked several). I checked another entrance to no avail. I got "pissed" and left. I went across the street to Home Depot and purchased both to the tune of $330. Bad customer relations and you lost one. I worked in the home improvement industry for Fred Meyer on the west coast and if any employee treated a customer in this manner you are unemployed.

You sir are a retard......I am also a disabled vet. The V.A.

gave me an electric chair for free and it fits in my wifes Nissan Versa. Get up off your fat *** and walk.

Review

Lowes in New York, New York - Messed up four out of five deliveries im trying to start a business n wrong deliveries dont help

in the past 2 an a half months i have spent at least 4 thousand dollars on material. 4 out of the 5 deliveries were wrong.when i went back to the store they would charge me another$20. i am a small business picking up and a lot of work.i would prefer to deal with lowes but if something is not done about this i will just take my business to home depot. one day during a return i watched a cashier short me money. i believe she tried to steal it. this store is very unprofessional.i see commercials on t.v saying lowes is there to help the little guy but all you do is screw them. you can reach me at (804)912-5665 or tomreinhardt@live.com

Lowes And The Dangereous Safety Gates

Lowes And The Dangereous Safety Gates
In July of 2008 we purchased vinyl fencing and gates to surround and protect our in ground swimming pool. The gates failed within a few months (Broke apart) and the installer returned and glued them back together. (See the video on Youtube.com of the gates breaking) Shortly thereafter the gates broke apart again. We contacted the local Lowes (Latham, New York) in the spring of 2009 and they said the installer would return to repair the gates. After repeated telephone calls and trips to the Lowes store the installer was schedule to repair the gates on July 9, 2009. He was a no show. At the end of July of 2009 my wife was again in the local Lowes and was approached by an installation person. "Are the repairs done" she asked. "No" replied my wife " the installer did not show." My wife than informed her that it did not matter now as it was too late to open the pool for this year and to just get the installer there when they could. The installer showed up in late September of 2009 to make the gate repairs. The backyard and swimming pool remained closed for the entire season of 2009 because of the broken gates. The gates failed again shortly after the repair and in the spring of 2010 we again approached Lowes requesting they fixed the faulty safety gates. They acted surprised that the gates were again broken. I informed them that I had checked the Internet and others were having the same problems with the vinyl gates. They assured me that the problem would be taken care of immediately! A little upset I contacted the local building department and requested they look at the installation and the product they were selling to protect an in ground swimming pool. The building inspector examined the product and installation and informed me to keep the backyard and pool covered and closed as the gates and fencing were: 1) Of questionable quality to be used as safety gates; 2) gates opened in the wrong direction; 3) the gates were not self-closing; 4) latches did not meet code; 5) and the fence was installed too high from the ground, all in direct violation of New York State Building Code and illegal! Armed with this new information I confronted Lowes installation staff when they again came to my home. The following question and answer transpired between LOWES employee G####, The Installation Supervisor, and John Thornton: MR. THORNTON: "I'm going to ask you a question – how would you like having your kids living on this street with fu##### gates like this with an in ground pool? You would be scared sh##less wouldn't you." GLENN: "Yep" MR. THORNTON: "I've been living like this for almost two years…" (Transcribed from tape recording of this conversation) They agreed to have the installer remove the defective product and reinstall the product correctly to meet building codes. This was finally accomplished in late May of 2010. I than requested that Lowes reimburse us for the loss of our backyard and swimming pool for the year of 2009. Lowes informed me that my wife told them in 2009 that she was not going to open the pool anyway (they had two witnesses to this statement) and I suffered no loss. They offered $500 dollars because I was a good customer after dictating to me the fine points of "contract law." Note: They also informed me that I could not use the audiotapes of their admission of liability and shabby workmanship because they "did not give me permission to tape them." The tape recordings contain admissions that the product used was questionable, installed improperly, and in violation of State law. They also include the installer stating the gates were junk and breaking at most installations he had done and he was tired of fixing them. I can understand why they would not like to have anyone hear the tapes! As an aside, my wife had paid a local pool company a $50.00 deposit to open the pool and clean the decking in May of 2009, a deposit we lost because the pool could not be opened. I refused the $500.00 and left the local Lowe's as I do not intend to allow a company to hide behind "contract law" after the "circus" that occurred at my home. I intend to seek legal relief and expose the "Lowes Shuffle" for what it really is to would be customers.

This matter has been settled by Lowes

Afraid your screwed due. You are not a business so therefore you are not entitled to any relief or recover of lost monies because you couldn't "open" your pool.

Also you are probably lucky that they haven't arrested you concerning the tape. It is illegal to record a conversation without the other party's consent.

If I were you I'd take the $500 and run. You might need it as bail money.

All this drama over a *** swimming pool gate that you bought on the cheap to save as much money as you could. Yea, Lowes sucks but it would have been nice if one night you had sleep-walked through your own yard and past the broken gate and fallen into your pool and drowned in it.

You would have saved us all the trouble of reading your *** post. What a whiney, stuck-up, useless prat.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Idabel, Oklahoma - Lowe's "Bad Faith Business pratices"..No Integrity

I purchased a Sam sung refrigerator on 5/30/10 (Memorial sale).(Sherman,TX) I paid $1,999.20 on sale. I was told it was in stock. My husband scheduled to pickup the refrigerator and was there on 6/2/10. He was told they only had one left in stock and they were holding it for someone and tried to talk him into waiting. They sold it to us due to stock available and if they didn't have one we would have purchased one on sale at Best Buy. They offered to refund our money.. However, none of the other stores had theirs on sale. They didn't care and management tried to sale another brand. I purchased the Sam sung for a reason. They told my husband they would let him have the floor model and discounted it due to dents on one side and one on the top of door. The manager told my husband he could only discount $300.00 because of their cost in the refrig. Why would Lowe's accept damaged merchandise from it's vendors. I did "NOT" want the refrig with dents, however, we didn't have a refrig and my husband wasn't going to get the one in stock. I found additional dents on the bottom front door when he brought it home. I spent a large sum to remodel my kitchen. I didn't purchase a damaged product and didn't want it in my kitchen. I didn't purchase it for a cabin it's for my home. Then when my husband brought it home and I found additional dents in the front door. I'm sick!! Lowe's is acting in "Bad Faith business practice". No integrity... They lied to me and my husband and I have spent thousands of dollars in Lowe's. I have remodeled my home, rental property and this is how they treat me. I don't want a damaged refrigerator,(at any price) I want a new one. I don't want it at a discount...Buyer BEWARE! They will tell you anything to get your purchase and after the sale your on your owe.

Lowes had about $1000 in the refrig in question. Discounting denting is nothing new.

If you seen how they were handled, you would know why.

I have bought an $1800 refrig from Lowes for $900 in the past. It was a returned SOS.

Lowe's made it right. They found a new Sam Sung refigerator and delivered and picked up the floor model. :) They told me they wanted to make me happy and would do what ever it took.

I can almost to some tiny degree sympathize with you about how they didn't have your item in stock after you paid for it. I can't imagine you couldn't have waited until it was in stock or go to another Lowes though.

If your husband bought a damaged floor model than that's his fault.

They didn't receive it damaged from the vendor, it was damaged sitting out on the floor with people walking up and kicking it for giggles. Knowing you have it now, I regret not kicking it myself.

What you get for your money at Lowe's isn't worth the trouble. No Cusotmer Service. Take your business to someone who cares.

I recommend if you are thinking of purchasing gift cards for business,friends etc. Do them a favor ... give them cash or Home Depot

View more comments (4)
Loss

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Lowe's lies

My husband and I ordered carpet for our house on Sunday, April 4, 2010, at the Lowe's store in Bloomington, Indiana. We were pleased with our purchase and with Paul Bray, who took our order. On or around April 15, we were told that our carpet would be installed on Thursday, April 22. Although we were paying for the installers to move our furniture, we were told to move everything except for the large pieces of furniture, so I took Wednesday, April 21, off from work to do this. It was a time-consuming task. On the morning of Thursday, April 22, my husband received a call from our installer telling us that our carpet at Lowe's in Bloomington was so damaged that none of it could be installed. It would have to be reordered. When we spoke to the people at Lowe's in Bloomington, we were told many versions of the story. At first, it was strongly implied that the carpet had been delivered damaged. When I asked why the delivery had not been inspected, I was told three different things: First, store employees did not have time to inspect deliveries. Second, store employees assumed/trusted that the supplier would send only high-quality goods and inspection was unnecessary. Third, the carpet had been damaged during shipping. When I mentioned that my family, in their manufacturing business, finds it good business practice to make sure that their customers' goods, upon delivery, are high quality, I was hung up on. During a subsequent telephone call (I believe I was speaking to Guy), I was finally told that the carpet had been damaged at the Lowe's in Bloomington. Apparently, it had been put on some sort of storage rack incorrectly and had been torn when it was being taken down. I had no way of knowing which of the many stories was the truth, and at this point it didn't really matter. No one seemed to care whether we would get our carpet or not. By the way, by this time I had already made a payment on the carpet. We later spoke to our installer, who happens to be a former student of my husband's (who teaches at Martinsville High School). He said that the carpet had not only been put on storage racks incorrectly, but that after it had been torn while being taken off the rack, it was repeatedly run over by forklifts. We were told that our carpet would be reordered and a "rush" would be put on it. We could expect it to be delivered in two weeks, around May 6. Unfortunately, the carpet was not ordered on Thursday, April 22, or Friday, April 23, or Saturday, April 24, or Sunday, April 25, or even Monday, April 26. Because we had moved all of our belongings from our bedrooms, living room, hallway, and entryway, there was nowhere for our daughter to put her belongings when she moved home from college on Sunday, May 2. It was imperative that we have at least the carpet in her bedroom installed by Saturday, May 1. On Monday, April 26, my husband and I went to Lowe's in Bloomington to see if any carpet in stock would be acceptable for installation in our daughter's bedroom. All carpet in stock was very unacceptable. We spoke again with Paul Bray, who was intent upon helping us get satisfaction. At this point we found out that not all of our carpet was damaged and that enough undamaged carpet was available for our daughter's and our son's bedrooms. Our installer agreed to put it in on Saturday, May 1. As we left, Mr. Bray assured us (without our asking) that we would be "compensated" for the delays and other problems we had encountered. Of course, no more has been said on that subject. The remainder of our carpet was installed on Saturday, May 8. Even though most of our furniture was not returned to its place after the carpet was installed, we were happy to finally have it finished. On Tuesday, May 11, a vacuum run over our new carpet pulled up ALL the seams: a long one in the living room, one between the living room and hallway, and each one between the hallway and the three bedrooms. I called the Lowe's in Bloomington on Thursday, May 13. I spoke with three men in the flooring department, all of whom were cursory to the point of being rude. I spoke finally to Guy, who offered neither apology nor sympathy. He only said that he would contact our installer, who would contact us. We have heard nothing since. The seams in our carpet are pulling farther apart, to the point where I do not believe they can be fixed easily. To put it mildly, we are exceptionally displeased with our experience with Lowe's. We still, however, expect to find satisfaction. I believe that the contract we signed assured us that Lowe's would provide quality carpet and quality installation. We await your compliance with that contract.
jeff.zaun

If it is a special order carpet it doesnt even go to the store. It goes straight to the installer.

So your husbands student's story seems fishy.

Other than that. I am very sorry about the issue and I know paul and I want you to know that I am sure he did everything he could.

#209909

The same thing happen to me and my new rug from lowes. I had it three weeks and the seems came apart and its ruined!

Loss