Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Mineral Wells, Texas - Overcharged

I went to Lowes on Tuesday and priced shingles. They were $24.95 a bundle. After talking, pricing, and looking with co-manager on Tuesday. On Sunday,I went to the store ordered and ask if they could hold them until July. I paid for the shingles and looking at my receipt I informed Crystal this was not the price I was quoted. She informed me this is what the computer prints. I was charged $27.98 for thirty squares, this made my bill over $300.00 more than I wanted wanted to spend. I was informed that I would have to come back to Weatherford on Monday and talk to the manager. I was to bring back my receipt and the ad in to get the price.

Why didn't you just cancel the transaction as soon as you realized it wasn't the correct price? Why is it you say you "went to Lowes" and then you say you have to "bring the ad"?

Was it in the ad, or did you see it at the store? Why are you trying to rip off Lowes?

My baby's momma's daddy's milk money depends on people spending the appropriate amount of money at Lowe's. Why don't you want my baby's momma's daddy to have milk?

Fat Mart cart rider
#162034

Yep another lamer

Another typical customer thinking they deserve last weeks sale price.

View more comments (2)
Service
Lowes Manager

Owensboro Lowes sold me cabinets and are not fixing faulty one

I was a loyal customer, but will never buy from them again. I bought $10,00 dollars worth of cabinets from them last year. I waited 3 months for a rebate. I have a replacement cabinet in my garage - shipped by their vendor, that has been there since March! I have tried to set up an appointment to have it installed five times (three of them face to face with the salesperson), complained to five managers,and been referred back to the salesperson who is never there to take calls. She has placed responsibility back on me to make sure her vendor does his job. He didn't! I specifically asked management to have someone else call/deal with this issue, and they ignored my request. There has been absolutely no follow up from their management staff, and for that reason, I will never buy from Lowes again. I have been a loyal customer over the years that has encountered numerous problems in this store, but always gave them the benefit of the doubt. Never again! I will shop at their competitor - who I do not like. I bought the cabinets and was given a $500.00 rebate. It took three months and hours of trying before they finally gave me cash that I spent in their store replacing all the doors/knobs in my house. I also bought an over the cabinet microwave during this project that was not the model listed on the box. No one in the store could tell me where the smoke filter went. Another fiasco, but they resolved it, but I was the one inconvenienced. Over the years I have built a very large deck, three privacy fences, one decorative fence, remodeled/painted two houses, and bought numerous power/woodworking shop tools from them. I have numerous appliances in my home purchased from them - never again! I have been told by staff they did not have time to explain something to me. I resolved that and went back. I was told by a very young twit he was a master plumber and there was no way to install their dishwasher without replacing my plumbing feeder lines! I kept the dishwasher and went to their competitor, explained my situation, and had the fittings I needed sold to me. I did not replace my plumbing, nor did I go back to the store and show the *** he was wrong. These are just a few of the issues I have face in this store over the years, but this issue seals it. I can not believe anyone would treat their customers in such a manner in today's environment! This is one customer that will not be treated in this manner again!
Review

Lowes in Knoxville, Tennessee - Lowe's: Left us with a stove in the bedroom for the weekend

Lowe's: Left us with a stove in the bedroom for the weekend and the fridge in the Living room. Unhooked the water from the fridge and shut the cold water off in the kitchen. They done the leveling in the Kitchen and Dinning area and it didn't work. It's pealing up and breaking in the kitchen where they put it on top of the Linoleum. We are very unhappy with the results. They don't want to put down Lamanite now because they say our floor is too unlevel. It wasn't the first time they done it!

This is my Mom's house in TN. I came down the first time to make sure they done everything right.

(She is 81 now) The floor WAS beautiful but a section split in front of one of the doorways and to step on it would have pinched your foot really bad. They did come back and try to fill the gap under it. But it was still there. Next the boards started splitting long ways about a half inch in some places.

This has gone on for two years+. Now she has no floor at all and the leveler they put down in spots all over just doesn't look right. It never turned white and is still uneven in some spots. We have been put off till Wednesday now.

They tore the bad floor up on Thursday of last week. They talked Mom into a better Laminate board at 8mm instead of 7mm. Wow big difference 1mm will make. But they got another 300+$ for an upgrade plus the leveling compound for 200+$ which they didn’t tell her the first time had to be done.

We are really in a spot to have them do it since the total of the floor adds up to now about 2700+$. Doesn’t any one have any comments on the installers at Lowe’s????

Review

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Could not find any help.

I went to Lowe's on Water's Avenue on Monday to buy a new front door and new french doors for the back of my house. Could not find anyone to help me. Went back this evening, and still could not find anyone to help me. I even went to the front desk and had someone call for help, still no one came after 15 minutes of waiting. Here I am wanting to spend money, to help our economy, and no one in the store seemed at all interested in making a sale. My advise - Stay away from Lowes!!!!

you need to stop thinking the whole *** world owes you anything and get off your lazy *** and do it yourself! worthless biggots like you who think the sun shines outta their ***, make working in retail a pain. go die a lonely death , *** spoiled american.

#632094
@*** wipe!

Wow really, to want service that they claim to provide is only right. I for one cannot find work and just walked into a Lowes installation and they could not speak English....They have a better contract than me and my way more experienced English s-peaking and god fearing buddy could get.

We worked mainly section 8 houses and lost money....but they had great installers that would give you their personal number in case of a problem and also guaranteed installation for at least one year. Will the illegals that installed the caret in that upset English speaking womans house be there to help her if something went wrong. Do they even have the experience to know if carpet is delaminated or they just make it work so the customer loses every time.

Lowes is helping destroy the American culture by also basic slave labor and under cutting the people that you are trying to defend and ecentually it hits every trades wallet making trade work even more unskilled and worthless in the future. When there is someone hungry in your own nationality that needs work and you look elsewhere it reminds me of the slave trade.

I too, have trouble locating help at Lowe's. I have to walk what seems like miles to find help, and then the person I find doesn't know anything.

Our Lowes does not hire enough employees to make sure every customer is helped quickly.The gerden department is particularly bad. Few employees and no one knows anything about plants.

I also do not like their round-robin sub-contracting system. If I get one sub-contracter that I like, I want to hire that one again, not someone new. Lowes also avoids responsibility for hiring illegal aliens this way.

They do not make sure their sub-contractors do hire illegals. You never know until they show up and don't speak English.

Infuriating!! :(

with the state of the economy sales are the life blood of the store. if you do not have sales then you cant have payroll to have associates in the store

Why does everybody think that if they have a dollar in their pocket they are important?

Who *****cares! Surely not the employees making minimum wage...

View more comments (4)
Review

Lowes would screwup a soup sandwich

I made a big mistake and ordered replacement windows at Lowe's. A disaster! Lowe's ordered too few windows despite being given a written order; the windows did not arrive when we were told they would, and we have to wait a further 3 weeks to receive the window that they were short. On top of all this the store attitude is "so what". Their store policy must be "hire the handicapped it's fun to watch them work." I have no idea what has happened in the past few years. Up till then Lowe's was a fairly efficiet well run store. No longer!

I enjoy soup. I find it's just right for sitting at home making fun of the handicapped on whiny consumer websites.

Well you would screw up a soup sandwich as well since it is soup and sandwich not soup sandwich, and it is screw up not screwup. Also what does not getting your order haveing to do with making a soup and sandwich.

Review

Lowes couer d alene carpet installation

let me start by saying we have spent in excess of $5,000 with lowes in the past 3 years.The most recent was carpet installed 2 years ago by a installer who doesn't work for them any longer.1 year ago we complained the carpet was loose,they sent out a guy to fix it.(he said it was a poor install)now they want to charge us for stretching the carpet again and won't discuss any other resolve.At this point I think I want it all torn out and replaced and sue lowes.I won't shop there again.I hate home desperate but that may be where i have to go.

wait, are you complaining about something that happened a year ago? Seems a little late for whining now.

People can't just keep coming to your house fixing your *** for you for free. Stop being so *** hard on the carpet!

if you look at the other lowes in the area you will just about get the same service since the mgrs are more worry about their big bonus than keeping a customer happy.

Review

Lowes in Dunnellon, Florida - Said over the phone proeduct on sale through June 22, 2010, was tagged on sale, but not on sale at t

Phoned Lowe's to find out dates of item on sale. Told on sale through June 22, 2010. In-Store display item tagged with sale price, $69. A store employee put Bissell Model 2080 Quick Steamer into my shopping cart in the Brooksville Lowe's on June 22. When I was at the register it rang up full price and I had to get a refund because the cashier said it was no longer on sale when I viewed my receipt. As I left I told her she would need to tell someone to take down the tagged sale price on the display model. I was so tired and disappointed I did not feel it worth the effort to dispute this at the time. The next day I wish I had...perhaps a raincheck with the sale price would be in order from Lowe's?

Greg..you ***!! A proeduct is a duct that runs through the proe in your house...geeez!

Whats a proeduct?

Lowes contacted me, the store manager handled the matter. I got the item at the sale price and I am satisfied wih the outcome. Case closed.

You should've handled this when it happened. Why weren't you paying attention when the scanned the item before you paid for it?

If the store acknowledged that it was the sale price on the aisle, then they have to honor that price. Furthermore, if you'd quit forcing the dogs to *** all over the rugs because you're too lazy to get up and let them out, you wouldn't need a steamer and you could save $70.

Sounds like a bait and switch to me. I would go right back there and complain to management. You never know until you try.

View more comments (5)
Service
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Buffalo, New York - Vetran denied vetrans 10% discount

In the past I have recieved a vetrans discount on purchases at Lowes. I am a Korean War veteran and have a card showing my service. Lowes now refuses to honer my service as I do not have a card with my picture. I have not used V.A. Medical benefits, so can't get a picture I.D from the V.A. Other vets I know use V.A. medical benefits, have a V.A. picture I.D and get the 10% Lowes discount. I feel Lowes is discriminating agaist me and dishonering my 4 years of military service.
#206438

SSG

#206436

You want to know what vets have done? How about keeping you from being forced to speak German, Japanese, Chinese, Russian and now Arabic. I am a first generation white American male of German descent. I am not a German-American I am an American and proud of it. Maybe you should sit down with a war vet and just shut your trap and listen to what they endured while fighting to protect your freedom. I'll bet you would have a hard time lasting 24 hours without your air conditioning.

War does not determine who is wrong or right only who is left. I thank this gentleman and others like him for putting his life on the line for me. No I am not a veteran.

You need a *** picture ID? Look at the drivers license and match the name. Duh how *** do you have to be? Your credit card does not have your photo but they take that and it is for the entire amount of the purchase and sometimes they ask for ID to match the names.

I agree with ???. What the *** does being an animal doctor have to do with getting 10% fertilizer?

What makes so many veterans feel they are entitled to a discount?

So people like you can make comments like this! We gave and some gave all. What did you do *** to have the right to make that comment?

I worked at Home Depot for a brief period of time and Military were supposed to have picture ID to be entitled to their discount. I didn't care, If I was asked for a military discount I gave it. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

"KUDOS TO SSG"

REPLY TO ??? WHO POSTED A COMMENT ON 06/25/10 @ 01:12

*** O--

??? sounds like one of those who hasn't had the opportunity and priveledge to serve their country and therefore just doesn't get it.

Veterans do not feel they are "entitled" to a discount. Stores offer the discount.

When the discount is offered it should be clear on how and when they will honor it. Most veterans I know, and I know a lot, will comply with the requirements.

The veterans complaint is that the store has changed their policy, which they have the right to do. My recommendation is that if he served 4 years and is an honorable discharge he should be able to get a military ID.

What makes so many veterans feel they are entitled to a discount?

View more comments (9)
Review

They dont treat lowes emplee right

i work at lowes been here 4 yrs loved my job till had problems with install sales manager i was a spealist but she gave me a hard time for a 1 an hafe told manager an hr over an over didnt do nothing about it she looked for an reason to mess with me so i steped down to a chasher an lost pay open door policy they say ya right they wont do nothing when you tell them she thanks she won but it will one day come back a bit her in butt but its sad that i know just go to work dont love my job just do it becouse need it

You were an install specialist? No wonder I see so many comments on here about people getting the wrong orders.

was late at night in dark an my spelling does suck but thank for telling me you *** spelled that right didnt i :eek

maybe you should learn how to spell also!

View more comments (2)

Lowes still sucks at Deliveries

I can sum it up. DO NOT PAY ....DO NOT EVER HAVE LOWES DELIVER anything for u. EVERY time we have tried the have screwed it up. I give up! They try to give you a floor model even though you told them YOU WANTED IT IN A BOX ...bad bad bad. Lowes management even screwed it up. It wasn't the deliever guys fault its the management.. they suck...REALLY P.O. PA LOWES CUSTOMER. WILL NEVER HAVE THEM DELIEVER FOR me again and will never try to buy a grill from them again. It seems to me like they no longer care about customers?

I 100% agree. It took them 6 weeks to get my sliding door in, 3 more weeks to install it - THEN it wasn't the right door, so I am now having to wait 3 more weeks for the right door to come in. I will NO longer buy from Lowe's.

I TOTALLY AGREE!! I spent days waiting for Lowes get it right.

And this went up to the store manager level and it still kept getting messed up. I will never shop at Lowes again!!

Loss