Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Freeport, New York - Lowe's Power washer...2 uses and it's cooked!

Purchased a TF1600 Power washer last season from Lowe's. Used it 2x. Then stored it properly for the winter. Tried to use it today. it's totally cooked! Spoke to a CS rep that had a script. The script told me that the builtin powercord GFCI was shorted. After 2 uses? Yes she said. She sent me to their special website to buy the part. The site does not have the part available. So I called back...their phone message says that they are there 24 / 7 to help! Guess what - they are not. They said we're not here now...leave a message. I went back to the website and emailed their CS help dept. Do yourself a favor. go to homedepot or other. Good Luck Lowe's! Peter S.

I want a pressure washer for cleaning the vehicles, home, roadways and much more. I purchased this TF1600 Power washer.This pressure washer is easy to use.

their power, performance, durability is good. best pressure washer

Same thing. 2 uses and done.

The power source is fine, and the GFCI functions properly, but when I hit the power on the unit, nothing.

Deader than fried chicken. What a rip-off.

I had the same problem. I got no response from Task Force period.

Disconnecting the micro switch solved my issue. Thanks for the advice.

These things just are not made to last. At least it prolonged the life and saved me some $$.

It probably was the seized plunger for the pressure micro switch. I have also had an issue with my tf1600 - pulled it out to clean the garage floor.

Hooked everything up, plugged it in - nothing. Took it apart and found the plunger for micro pressure switch was seized up. Took that apart, cleaned it up, greased up moving parts - now works better than new. The case was somewhat of a challenge to get into though.

7 screws on the back and then had to pry the front cover off.

Worst case scenario if this doesn't fix it; would be to leave the micro switch disconnected from the plunger but then YOU would have to turn on and off the pressure washer to prevent damage. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issue.

@Same issue

THANKS 'SAME ISSUE' from Hiawatha Iowa!!!

I had given up on my TF1600 based on it still being frozen after following all troubleshooting guidelines.

After reading all the negative reviews, I thought I was done, but your pointing me toward the plunger for the microswitch made sense. I took it apart and found that my microswitch plunger was frozen like yours.

It didn't want to come out, so I dribbled some Triflo onto it and gently worked it out, then greased it up as you recommended. Reassembled and it worked like a charm.

Note: if anyone tries this, test your machine before going to the trouble of putting the cover back on.

I agree it may say Task Force, but a distributor like Lowes or whomever has a responsiblity to it's customers not to sell junk. There are too many posts about 1 or 2 uses and the machine not working

Bought the 1600 and used it once before it quit working. It was brand new and took it right back to Lowes.

They replaced it since it was only a week old. Used the 2nd one once and put it in safe and proper storage. Took it out 2 weeks ago and guess what--- it doesn't work. I plug it in and ...

nothing, nada, zip, zilch. I called the customer service line, left a message not once but 3 different times over the last 2 weeks.

I've gotten the same thing that I got from the powerwasher--nothing, nada,zip, zilch. Now what?????

Same thing happened to me. Used the Task Force PW 2-3 times last year, stored it properly.

This year it doesn't get any power. The Task Force PW is a product that Lowes sells as their store brand. They chose to sell it in their store. Therefore they are responsible.

I was still in warranty when the power washer stopped working. I have called Task Force twice and each time was promised a shipping label to send it back to them to fix. Still yet to recieve a label.

Rediculous. Yes, I will always shop at Home Depot from now on.

I bought a PF 1600 Task Force pressure washer, used it once, stored it in the garage for a year. Tried to use it today - it's cooked. Task Force personnel no help.

I know of two ther people who had the same problem

I used my power washer 2 times and it quit on me. I agree go to Home Depot.

I am from now on. :cry

I called 1866 788 5598. There was a message that laster about 3 minutes, and then the system hung up on me.

Easier way to do this would be through their website www.taskforcepowerwasher.com. They have a live chat feature which is decently fast.

Dear valued customer:

I am a Customer Service Representative at the Power washer Company. Please accept my apology for the issue you experienced with your pressure washer.

Please contact us at 888 550 1606 or cservice@fna-group.com

When leaving us a voicemail, please provide your full telephone number including the area code. We also ask that you speak clearly.

Reference this posting when you make contact and we will resolve this issue to your full satisfaction.

Husky Customer Service Team

somebody needs to switch to decaf

CustomerServiceRep

Dear valued customer:

I am a Customer Service Representative at the TaskForce Power washer Company. Please accept my apology for the issue you experienced with your pressure washer.

Please contact us at 866-788-5598 or corporate2@fna-group.com

TaskForce Customer Service Team

I highly doubt the product u bought is called a LOWES power washer maybe it's task force or something of that nature?! And it has a brand name for a reason, because the manufacture made it NOT lowes , lowes may try to help u call the manufacture .

Do u have ur reciept? I doubt u got the extra protection plan... That would be the lowes warrenty and it would have benifited u greatly by paying the 10$ and having the coverage form lowes then u would have brought the product back and got a replacement. A manufactures warrenty means u have to deal straight with the manuf.

And yes that can be a pain. BUT ITS NOT LOWES FAULT!!!! The manuf. Is responcibly!...

Products break all the time but u don't *** like a little girl and blame it on the store do u?! No u didn't wanna get the lowes warrenty so now u have to deal with the manuf! Grow up and accept responcibility for ur mistakes dint blame lowes and cry cause u bought something there that broke... U shouldn't even b dealing with lowes u should be complaning about the manufacture!!!!

Lowes does not make the products they sell them...

Like if I bought a product from u and a year later it broke u wod say sorry I didn't make it call the manuf.!!! U baby!!!!

@Ang

that time of month, Ang? What a *** response to people who bought these *** products.

View more comments (16)

Lowes in Edmond, Oklahoma - Assoc. accosted me in parking lot

i put 2 shoe racks and a 4 inch spade shovel in my cart, went into lawn and garden to get some flowers, none inside so i go outside to find them. no flowers that i want, so i start to go inside and realized i didnt have my wallet. I was about 25 feet from my car so i pushed the basket toward my car and an assoc. came and told me he wanted my basket. i told him i was going about 15 feet to my car to get my wallet. he said he was taking the basket now and i could come back whenever. he took the basket and i went for my wallet. i came back in the store but didn't find the basket or the assoc. i went further into the store and found him and showed hime my wallet to which he said" i don't care". i asked him why he did that and he said i hadn't paid for the stuff. i asked him if he thought i was stealing to which he said "no". i asked what other reason he had for stopping me. he said none. then he said " i know what you do". i never got him to tell me what he meant by that. then i talked to an ops mgr. that said he would look into it. so far nothing has been said or done to follow up on this by Lowe's even though i made a formal complaint to the corporate office. i can assure you Lowe's has lost a customer that has purchased many large appliances from them and had carpet installation as well.

I have yet to see or read any comment of complaint or praise from anyone who is not afraid of speaking their small minds as long as they do not have to put their names to the comments. Lots of hot air but no guts.

***, you can't take stuff out of a store even to get your wallet. You have to keep them in the store.

Your an ***. I hope they trespass your *** and you have to drive an hour to buy stuff you need from now on. :x

You have got to be kidding. I have barely ever seen an associate I haven't had to corner in order to get some help.

I have waited two hours in order to get someone to get plywood off the third rack up in the air and then loaded it myself in my truck because I was turning 70 in the parking lot waiting for the help the cashier swore would be "just a minute".

The store has everything you need to build a house but if you are like me and don't quite know what to use you are better off paying the higher price at Ace to get the help you need. I swear no one works at the stores because you can never find help when you are in there.

A theif like you out to be in jail rather than at home complaining on the internet. When you walked out the door with unpaid merchandise you shoplifted.

You are lucky they let you go. Don't try that lame "left my wallet in the car" excuse where I work.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Another, no thats not the one on sale

received a discount ad in mail, showed a white plastic toilet seat round,with another seat in writing that was elongated. We have round one's at our residence. Waited until ad as good on4-28-10, went in got round one, told OH, no round ones on sale, just elongated one. On page 4 of ad, picture and top portion show round and don"t say elongated, only 2nd or lower on does. Not first time Lowes ad were deseptive,I guess it may not be last unless someone files a complaint with DA's office about it. Ad had #511004 upper right. M Houghton

Lowes in Buenos Aires, Capital District - Blablabla

Violation of Policy, Retaliation, violation of Civil Rights, Loss Prevention, Stock Market, etc. 1. How many Lowe's employee's are directed to call the AlertLine with a complaint? Do you know that the AlertLine is actually Lowe's AlertLine? 2. From everyone's understanding of the Employee Manual, is it acceptable for a RTM Clerk to date a vendor? 3. Is it acceptable for the HR Manger to work at Lowe's when her father works for Home Depot? 4. Does the manual also state a zero tolerance for safety and harassment? 5. Are there not "Whistleblower" laws protecting the employee? That's just a start. Comments from other employee's would be most appreciated. I'm being to feel like I don't understand the English language.
Loss

Lowes commercial accounts.......what a joke

I have worked with Lowes for 2 years now in Dothan, Al. I am their delivery driver for commercial sales. I have never seen in my life, the amount of neglect ever given to customers as this company does. Contractors are constantly giving me *** over late deliveries, wrong items ordered and damaged products. Nobody at any level in the store gives a *** about pulling orders for contractors. The commercial sales salesmen are supposed to pull the orders and get them ready for delivery. That rarely happens. If I ask for help from anyone ( my own associates ) I get told " Im to busy", but they'll stand around and bullschit all day, or play computer games. Management included. Bottom line is: I hate this job. And I urge all customers to take their business elsewhere. Lowes isnt worth it. They are like the Walmart of the DIY world............ jerks !

I had a fridge delivered from Lowes, the delivery was an hour late. My neighbor had a couple pallets of soil and stone delivered, it was delivered the wrong day.

My parents had 3 pallets of pavers and sand delivered it was 5 hours late. in all cases the driver was apologetic but maybe this is something Lowes should really take a look at.

Good luck with that, Seth, I am sure there are lots of "Seth's" working at Lowes. It is best to leave on your own conditions anyway.

Looks better when you are applying for a new job.

If they ask why you want to quit your job, say "career change" looking for something new. Don't complain about others or else you will look like a complainer.

You make it sound like you are the only one doing their job. Seriously you are not a team player. There is no I in team, grow up or quit.

Seth

the last thing on earth that I'd ever be afraid of, is Lowes firing me......... Maybe thats why Im here ? ( wink wink )

Hey Seth,

Don't you think maybe you're giving a little too much detail about yourself to make these comments? You know companies like Lowe's has people to scan the 'net for this kinda stuff right?

You told your name, your store location, and your title.

I'd either delete this or start looking for another job. Just a thought.

Seth,

Do yourself a favor, quit this job and find one you like. Life's too short to stay in a job you hate.

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes store employees commision going in big wigs pockets!!!!!!!

I am a current employee of lowes. I have extensive major appliance sales experience with various companies in commission based positions as like my current position. But what I have found out recently really disturbed me and may even be illegal. Competitors like SEARS pay their associates commission no matter what the selling price is, a flat 2-3% commission. The reason for that is because the manufacturer pays that commision back to SEARS or is negotiated with SEARS at point of mass inventory purchase. Either way that incentive is paid by the manufacturer. Lowes pays their Appliance associates an hourly rate plus these vendor paid "SPIFFS" of dollar amounts, amount set by the vendor, instead of 2-3%. Would you believe that LOWES has put a restriction on discounting where we lose our commission if we sell at more than 10% off. Yet they still submit these uneligible sales to the manufacturer to get paid the "SPIFF"! Where do these spiffs go of up to $80 an Appliance. Not to the employee who spent his hard working time with a customer who was going to buy from SEARS. But even though I saved the sale for LOWES I get scammed out of my commission because I had to go below a 10% discount to price match the competitors deal. What a freakin joke. Some CEO's bonus getting paid on my hard work! "FOR LOWES EMPLOYEES" U NO HOW TO GET PAID ON DISCOUNTED APPLIANCES. ON THE SHIFT F1 SCREEN UTILIZE THE PREPACKAGE PRICE OPTION AND ENTER IN THE DISCOUNTED PRICE WITHOUT DECIMALS!!!!!ONLY WORKS ON STOCK ITEM#S

I can b greedy too, u can cut my pay some more, I dont care, I make up the difference in merchandise. Thanks Nibby

The place is a *** hole to work for anyway . they only promote suck *** .They give you a small raise once a year and you have to deal with *** hole customers that want everything for nothing.Managers are lazy

I am a designer and just to set the record straight I personally wanted nothing to do with the appliance end unless I was selling my kitchen customer. Too many problems you fellows have to deal with.

Delivery banging things up, Appliances missing, dented, scratched, I would cover for my appliance department if they needed it or they would call if swamped but I did not just pop in for a sale. Appliance sales = pain in rear!

But now it does not matter as it is a WE deal. So I guess you should get certified in cabinets so you can help too.

its a shame many of the appliance specialist do a good job i think what riles many of them up are when a kitchen design person would never help with freight but would pop up when a cust wanted to buy a washer dryer combo while you were selling a coffee maker making no spiff far too many times these guys would brag about the 500.00 they made this past week while you were at lunch or throwing freight zone managers sais you were to be called to make the sale if you were in the store i could not design a kitchen so why should they be able to sell appliances and take spiff money

yeah i'm a design specialist...nobody likes hearing that they will be maiking less money than the previous year! Lowes knows how to keep it short and sweet though don't they!!

I like how they say the vendors will lower their prices, even though the vendors have no clue what is happening!!! lies!!

The management at my store was very sarcastic and making fun of the fact that our pay was cut, but now that they realize that "they" will be the ones filling in and training all the new people when all the specialists quit they have changed their tune, its really kinda funny, they have begun to treat us with some respect, to late though, Im outa here along with many others.

I use to hate the words "just looking". Now I keep my fingers crossed that that's what I hear.

I use to have to overcome just looking. Well let me help you look. What we looking for. Now I just say OK ill be around if you need anything and I gets lost.

My job is kinda easy now. Haha screw Lowes!

What happened with prices going down? I saw prices go up $200-$500 on fridges.

I also was told that Lowe's is still collecting spiffs from vendors. I don't trust them, next SSEI will become a market thing. Good luck. All store managers got a Ipad, just wasting more money.

We all are being replaced by technology. Lowe's bought AGT stores to help them online business, have you looked at the prices? They said the wanted to be number 1 in appliances, and the cannot stop Sears. Sears advertises like a real appliance store.

Local customers don't even get ads. Lowe's has such bad commericals that you have to wonder what they are trying to sell. Cut the pay of your top performers,and expect them to sell the same, it won't happen. When the vendors see the numbers drop, they will step in.

They might just raise the cost of appliances for Lowe's. Memorial, fourth of July and Black Friday who cares.

I won't be working those days, and if I have to, I won't put my neck on the line because we don't have product. Good luck Lowe's, it is going to be a rough year!!

#432037

How about my 11 years, did not look at any other opportunity, because I was too busy thinking of keeping my cabinet/appliances sale up 24/7. Got very little raise, I am very upset at myself for trusting lowes, till few days ago, I felt like I was working for great company, I should applied applied for positions, I could have been store manager or district manager by now,oh, I forgot' I was too busy taking care of customers.

I heard specilists and ASMs are going away very soon also? Have anyone else heard this?

We (sales specialists) were all hired on the notion that the harder we worked and the best we took care of our customers, the better pay we would receive with SPIFFS and commissions. My first store manager in this state was always all over the WIFMs (what's in it for me) knowing that it would help drive sales and give us a feeling of self pride and accomplishment.

This is indeed a sad day for this corporation. Please check out Change.org and SIGN to show these Bigwig pigs that turning their backs on those of us who drive each store will lead to failure!

:eek :upset :sigh :cry :( :x

Yes, the whole 3-day notice thing sucks. We all just got screwed blue people.

This is an example of a troubled corporation converting from capitalism to socialism. Blame it on a *** economy, to a industtry that thrives on a good housing market. But the warning signs have been there. Can any of you honestly say that you did not see this comming?

Just look at all the stores that have been closed down. Remember the class-action suit against the Flucuating work week/Chinese overtime? Speaking of China....How about the lawsuit over selling drywall with toxic vapors? Watch, the next thing that will happen is the stockholders wii demand a buyout.

Then Lowes execs will sell-out to a Private Equity Firm. Private investment groups are the "bottom feeders" of the business world that just "strip & flip" for profit. The same thing happened to the ServiceMaster Companies 4 years ago and now their in serious trouble!

The SS Lowes is sinking folks. ABANDON SHIP!

Just check out www.glassdoor.com

Lowes is going in the wrong direction by cutting the sales specialist's pay. It will level the playing field to the level of the laziest, most unhelpful rude employee. They do not help make ssei bonus specialists do.

If certain brands are not sold, these companies will take notice. I foresee Stainmaster carpets, which are mostly SOS items taking a hit from lost sales. I have no qualms with these companies but they have leverage to invoke change in Lowe's policies.

Some people are mentioning not selling specific brands like Pella,Samsung,and stainmaster. What is the reason for being upset with specific companies.

Just wondering if I have missed something. What do these companies have to do with Lowes cancelling spiffs and commissions?

My new favorite saying .... "sure those instock cabinets are just fine."

To Tallaron:

Note that was never put into writing about the 50%. You know darn well it will only be a matter of time until they take that away too.

This news has come to a shock to us all. When we would get hired for certain positions we knew what the potential could be for our compensations and that's why we took it.

My wage is particularly lower and I had asked for just a 20 cent increase to make my earnings closer to the people who have been there. Mind you I've been there for over 5 years and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth when there are people who are lower in status making more then I do and who've only been there for 2. When starting the job that I took they said that they wouldn't raise the rate because I would be making it up in commission. Now what?

There are reasons why they had commission in certain departments and that was because you had to give exceptional customer service and put with a lot of ignorant ***. Don't get me wrong, I've always had the morality to go all the way and give the best service I could give and with the commission it gave me extra incentive. So by darn I did! Now with the cut both my husband and I who worked in commission giving positions will be loosing more then almost double what I will be making in a year.

It's bad enough when you have one income effected but both really hurts. I'm very greatful that I have a job. They could have at least given us a few months notice. Basically what they are trying to do is *** out the people who are making a decent pay to rehire people to replace them and not pay them as much.

We were told "The only way you are going to move is if you move up (promotion) or move out and I (store manager) will personally walk you to the door and show you out.

You'll be saving me money because I'll rehire someone at a lower pay rate". What a way to kick you in your face even more.

To point of view:

I agree the bickering can be or used to be rough especially in appliances and back stabbing was bad too. It was a drive though to be competetive.

This = lots of sales. Now who cares? Would you consider spending 12 weeks dealing with a kitchen or would you prefer to just sling some stock stuff and spend an hour? I respect you view I really do but do you have any idea what it is going to do to the sos sales long term?

Lowes has been good to me in the past so I will still do what I do but alot of staff is already dragging in their heels and it will cost lowes big.

I have heard of people throwing sales already. Sad Deal

Just a thought about how overpaid and lazy I am. Reading all the posts has given me a laugh.

People say make the playing field even. No more me lets have we. I cant agree more. So hourly associates get certified!

Learn to run the 20-20 system. Handle 25k of someones money and dreams. Im taking my lazy over paid *** over to plumbing to sell some off the shelf items that require no back ground and no follow up. Dont page me to the cabinet desk anymore as "WE" all can do it..

I can sell anywhere in a lowes store. I was Hired as a Fashion specialist 12 years ago and had to certifie throughout. You want equal? You best learn it all.

Call me lazy? You spend a day in the shoes of any specialist then tell me about equal. Now remember the next time a call box in cabinets goes off or one in appliances Get over there and use your "we" training and figure that big kitchen, Sell it and all the trimmings and then spend the next 8-12 weeks following up with everything. Oh but wait you cant run 20-20??

Dont know what a pirana food editor unit is in a ge dishwasher? Not certain what stainmaster carpet is made of? How about the core of a thermotru door? Or the gas in a pella window?

Or how many golf balls an ingenium toilet will swallow.

Stick your equal pay and playing field in your ear! You will relize your screwed when the specialists and pros tell ya to figure it out...

"20. Written by We can just promote you to a c on February 9, 2012

If you all have a problem with the way our company is trying to move forward and NOT fall into the same black holes that retailers such as Circuit City fell in then just man-up and write a resignation letter "

Circuit City took commissions away from employees right before they went belly-up.

" Lowe's is striving to become the lowest priced choice, thus driving sales up, thus making SSEI more attainable for some stores, thus everyone wins!"

What about those of us who were already earning SSEI? I don't think sales will increase just because of low prices.

Lowe's is underestimating the value of good sales people. Where will be the incentive now to sell up, or work hard on a difficult installed sale?

Just come to the orange side.....LMAO

Today I have seen the Lowe's of the Future. It is a company that rewards it's CEO with millions on the broken backs of it's faithful employees.

Lowe's stole my money. Money that I worked hard for and earned! As of today, I refuse to promote Stainmaster Carpet, Samsung Appliances, Pella windows and doors, John Deere mowers.

Tell your fellow Specialist. Please add to the list.

We were told we get the 50% for as long as we are with Lowe's at an hourly pay. Watch, next year or sooner they'll make us salary.

I'm just thankful to have a job. My city is ranked #3 for highest.unemployment rate last I checked.

I currently work in Millwork and was consistently top salesman in the region and therefore am losing +/- 10k a year. The loss of commission is not going to bring departments closer together because Lowes still has to track your sales.

This is so they can fire non performing associates, so the arguments about who a sale belongs to will not diminish at all. Big mistake on Lowes part, and *** *** too.

I LOL'ed at the trailer comment. Too Funny!!!

As a matter of fact I do not have a child with Autism but I am very involved with Special Olympics and I have 2 nephews with Downs. The House is a brick home about 3500 sq ft on 25 acres.

I am in California every year so if you would like to continue this in person or face to face as you say just let me know what part. I would enjoy having a conversation with you about this.

I laugh at how your name is Thank God but yet you do everything except thank God. You see it is like this.

When you know that this job is not your source and you truly "Thank God" for all he had given you then and only then will you understand why I am not upset. You can call me names and yet I will still stand and Thank God that he gave me wisdom to handle my finances.

As far as them coming for my job again I will Thank God and know that he has a better opportunity and plan for me. Just know this I am praying for God to give you clear direction and understanding on what you must do and I hope that you Thank God you still have a job.

To the poster Hey Lowes 4 Life;

Don't waste your time on an inbred imbecile like him. I mean look at his title Lowes 4 Life, what happens when they come for his job, with an attitude like his, he's toast- Karma is a *** sometimes, he will get his.

I wish you well and well of course many of our co- workers are gleeful about the SPIFF cut, its human nature, get your stuff in order, be patient. yes I too will have to curtail some of my fun too for a while, but use this time to develop new skill sets. Adversity is like a kite against the wind, eventually the kite rises, be well

I want to clarify that my comments are not directed at the current # 6 poster, but to the suck up known as Lowes 4 Life. My guess is that your some *** that lives in the deep south, congrads on almost paying off the trailer you built for yourself

The taking away of spiffs is so that Lowe's can lower their prices on things such as Appliances, Flooring, Tools, etc. Who is the #1 Retailer in the World?

Wal Mart! What drives them to be there? Certainly not Customer Service! Lowe's is striving to become the lowest priced choice, thus driving sales up, thus making SSEI more attainable for some stores, thus everyone wins!

I say give this a chance to work! We could have lost all, as it is, Lowe's cares enough about their Specialists and Associates to give them half of their SOS and spiffs in addition to hourly pay.

This will stay with them even if they change depts, promote, demote, the only way to lose it is to retire or quit! Or of course promote to salary position!

with regards to We can Just promote You. One word describes a person like you- Turd

With reply to #6- Perhaps some people have not saved or planned for their futures. I am also an appliance specialist on the west coast.

I sensed this was coming when the emphasis on internet order increased and when the I- Phone's arrived. I have had a 9 year run. Your comments mocking some of these people are really amazing. I work with a co- worker whose wife cannot work because they have a child with Autism.

You want to mock him too? My guess is that you do not have a child with Autism, and my guess is that you do not live in california either. two days notice is absolute ***. Even 60 or 30 days for people to be able to adapt or make a decision what to do would have been to decent thing to do.

You know I used to mock some of these protestors, protesting corporate greed etc.. Not anymore

Hey lowes4 life you are a ***. You say we took a job for a hourly wage and then complain about losing a bonus.

WRONG! ! That is not how it worked for me. I was recruited by the store manager 6 years ago to come to work for Lowes.

I had a pretty good job at the time and was told by the store manager that he wanted me to work for him. He offered me less money per hour than what I was making at my current job at the time but used the spiffs and commissions in the appliance position to lure me away from my other job. By the way I know of several other people that this tactic was used on. So *** yes I counter on that money to live on.

I'm so happy for you that your financial situation is better than mine but that doesn't make me wrong. You are a ***. I welcome any person on this site to come visit me and say the things to my face that you say on here. If you are willing to do this let me know how to contact you and we will get together.

I'm sure this won't happen because no one will have the guts to say the *** to my face. I know this because I have managers and others in my store that I have heard make comments for years that I am over paid and spiffs should go away. But not one of those people have had the nerve to say that to me for the last 2 days.

COWARDS! Let me know which one of you had the nerve to have this conversation with me face to face.

love the previos LEF comment kudos to u

love the previos LEF comment kudos to u

this really is just another sweet tactic for them to bring in lower paid unexperienced people who are not knowledgeable and who just get by for a paycheck lowes will have to fall flat in order to see that good help needs to be compensated and the customers will eventually see this and they will find other places to shop

I have always been proud to work for Lowes, mainly for how they have treated their employees in the past. The massive paycuts have been a rude awakening that they are no differant than working for any other retail chain, and are getting away from the "great people" building block.

Skilled selling associates will be replaced by a kid with an i-phone.

I believe the other changes are a great move, but they cannot take pay away from a majority of their associates and be successful. IMO

It amazes me how a person can agree to work a job for an hourly rate and then get upset when a company decided to take a bonus away such as spiffs and commission and you call it a pay cut. My friend it is not a pay cut.

If you understand that you live off your hourly rate and not your spiff or commission. If you were smarter with your money you would not have lived beyond your means and had a life style dependent on a non guaranteed spiff. If you don't like the change quit or do something to get yourself fired then go try and draw unemployment and you will find that you will only get 80% of your hourly rate which does not included commission or spiffs. As a current Appliance Specialist I can tell you that this change did not hurt me.

Yeah so maybe I cannot buy a few toys I wanted but I can live off my hourly rate and I have 2 years left on a 30 year note on my house that I built 5 years ago and I have a nice nest egg built up because of my extra.

I am not now nor have I ever been reliant on my spiff. Time for some to take a money management class.

If you all have a problem with the way our company is trying to move forward and NOT fall into the same black holes that retailers such as Circuit City fell in then just man-up and write a resignation letter and hand it to your HR Manager and we will be glad to look at you as you walk our stores as customers, oh and if you have any money left, we will be glad to help you load OSB on your trucks so you can board up your houses after the bank repos it.

Funny how my post was deleted clearly by someone who was upset to be called out about their illiteracy and dumb comments. You people should put this much effort into your jobs it might make a difference.

Before some of you idiots continue to make yourselves look ***. You might want to utilize a dictionary and gain some grammer skills.

LEF=

Leaving

Employees

*** :grin

Dazed and confused

It does make you wonder if this is a way to get higher paid people to quit so they can replace them with lower paid new hires. I saw this happen at Home Depot and left disgusted.

Now it is creeping in at Lowes. The veiled threat of having to still meet your budgets is a tip off! Glad I am at the end of my career path and can retire soon.

Pity the mind numbed robots that are young and will have to put up with the coming changes. Sure makes me want to work hard.....NOT.

Lowe's can not use spiff money from the manufactors to negotiate lower prices. Its not even their money they are negotiating with.

Home Depot does not pay spiffs and there prices are about the same as lowe's from the same vendors. These Vendors are not going to lose HD business.

Lowe's is lieing when they say they are negotiating. They are just keeping the money.

Lowe's has been doing this for years on a smaller scale. They have keeped lowering the spiff amount to the salesmen and now they have come over the top and want it all.

Oh you can have half of what commission you made in 2011 but after that you get none! Lowes sales are going to go down the tolet fast.

Who wants to sell anything now, I wouldn't even try to sell a high dollar product. I hope the appliace sales for the whole company goes down so they see that you can't treat your employees like this!!!

LOWES....Help!!!! We are falling into the "SEA of SAMENESS" LMAO....

Lowes really shows there sales help that they really do suck

Hey I work at home depot and have tried for years to get a position at Lowes in appliances now i can stop. What seperated lowes and Depot was there sales people.

Incenitives work! Incenitice=more sales. I spent 10 yrs of my life at Circuit City and was one of the top 3 in the country selling appliances and yes I worked hard to get there only to watch them fade away due to CEO geting paid way to much.Cut the FAT at the top!

These guys are the front line at any copany. Looks like LOWES is on its way out!

"Quit you bunch of babies" is making eneryone's point but is too *** to realize it. Lowe's WANTS the specialists to quit so they can hire PT employees for $10-12/hr.

to move customers thru the store like cattle. Most ASMs and Dept. Mgrs at Lowes are THRILLED by this because they don't like the Sales specialists.

They don't like the fact that some specialist make more than they do, All I have to say on that is...Those who can do....those who can't become managers. Try not to be so jovial to the employees who took the pay cut.

Bunch of babies? I can see your education was a top priority in your hiring.

Lets chop off 20% of your pay and see what you have to say. I have worked my way up to an ASM and back down to specialist where the money was. 12 years I have dealt with the cuts,chops and screwings. Yes I chose to stay but no more.

Lowe's is going to loose alot of people and yes we know where the door is.

Do you? Best dust your resume off and get ready because your position is already on the chopping block for the summer bend over season....

Telling the sales people to stop crying is ridiculous. YOU'RE THE FOOLS.

Lowe's is STEALING from employees.

I guess when it happens to you, you won't cry about it?

The spiffs aren't stopping. They're just not being given to SA anymore. LOWES IS POCKETING THE MONEY YOU DOLTS!!!

I don't even work at Lowes but my best friend, who's lost a home, filed bankruptcy, and has medical bills does.

He certainly isnt living ABOVE HIS MEANS.

Just wait till they start thinking of pushing out the people that make over $20.00 per hour and bring in some POS to help run a department or try to sell the things they have no idea about. Lowe's is being run like Narnelli did with Home Depot get rid of the people you need and worry about it later. Oop's it's Niblock I meant to say that's running Lowe's.

Lowes went down hill when they took out customer service

If Lowes wants to take away the only reason that the experienced sales people stayed this long then let them shoot themselves in the foot. I will gladly go where the paychecks are, as will most of the experienced and knowledgeable sales staff. Smooth move Lowes, I'm sure thats how you capture market share, drive off your experience staffed in exchange for lower negotiated vendor prices and expendable laborer *** that will work for $10/hr.

In response to QUIT YOU BUNCH OF BABIES comment....you are a real piece of work. Fool???

Maybe....but your job will be gone soon enough.

U r a ***....like most of the asms @ my store...CHANGE????...THE CHANGE IS ALL YOUR EMPLOYEES NOW WALK AROUND SCARED THERE DAYS ARE NUMBERED. LOWES WILL BE EXTINCT WITHIN THE DECADE.

Not a Happy Camper... Mr.

Niblock...Are you and all of the other Exec's also taking a 20% pay cut??? Not that it would really have much of an affect on your lifestyle... I'm just hoping I don't have my home foreclosed after this shafting... And as for the ASM who posted here....

your position is next on the chopping block...guess you haven't heard about ASM job positions being eliminated. SURPRISE!!!! Coming to you soon...Stores will only have a SM and Admin Mgr position, no more ASM's.

Already looking for a part time job to offset my paycut from Lowes. Shame, shame,shame.

To you Lowes managers and people who say we can quit and find another job. You say its about time spiffs are gone.

You are idiots. That is only jealousy speaking. Do you understand what this does to families? And only to pay more bonuses to the top execs.

I support a wife and 3 kids on my Lowes appliance salary. I worked in commission only sales for 10 years before getting the position at Lowes. I put in plenty of hard times. As far as the easy schedule.

Give me a break. I hardly ever get to see my kids because I work weekends and nights most of the time. Now I will see less of them because I will have to get a part time job to make up for what I lost. That's just wrong.

I left a good job to come to Lowes. They recruited me and sure as *** used the spiffs and collisions to get me to leave my other job. The top execs could take a 5% pay cut and never notice it. That would surely amount to more than what they took from us.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Screw Lowes. They do not care about people.

now lowes is giving ZERO spiffs or commission to anyone! and for all you jerks that think the people getting spiffs have it easy...***!

i have a bachelors degree and make less than most cashiers! my commission and spiffs made up for what i didnt make in base pay. and p.s im in a dept. that can not be worked by someone without a degree or years and years of experience.

and im sooooo sorry to say anyone can water plants, run a register or load stuff...not everyone can design kitchens. i am sooooo disappointed in lowes!

it shows lowe's is no different than any other large corporation. They don't care about their employees they just care about capturing market share and their bottom line. I do believe this will come back to haunt them as this program offset them from the likes of sears and home depot

I worked in appliances before I became a ASM.I made the move because everyone saw this coming, if you didnt you are a fool.This move will only help us take Sears out as the #1 retailer of appliances.For everyone crying about their spiffs being gone just quit go sell cars.The door is at the front of the store.Or just step down and go and water the plants outside and still make more money than every hourly person in the store.

:grin work your butt off to get yourself in position to sell appliances, pick up and move. take a chance in life, nothing has ever been handed to me in life except a nice payche ck for selling all those appliances :p

$35? thats the bonus you were counting on?lol

I can tell that no one here really has looked at a Dash-7 or you would understand...

Well, Husband came home tonight and told me that the Lowe's Store he works in, none of the Manager's are getting a Bonus this week!!! Yep, you all heard me right.

Been waiting a whole year on this Bonus. They went back to their old ways, so they did not get a Bonus last September making them wait to March, where they get a Bonus just once a year now. Well, like I said that did not even happen after waiting for that year. Store did 100% percent in sales and 84% in profit so they did not qualify so they say.

I just feel sorry for the Managers at Lowe's because they work really hard.

My husband works 11 to 12 hours a day. I just feel really sorry for the men and women in the Management positions right now who did not get their Bonus.

I've worked here for three weeks. I am already being discriminated against because my manager doesn't like my availability.

Maybe if they paid enough I wouldn't have to work two jobs to NOT make ends meet. Seriously, these guys are ripping me off, and have all of you supporters brainwashed. Greedy corporate bigwigs with guts hanging over their impotent crotches pocket all of your hard work.

My other job pays more and has great benefits, it's just part-time. I may well have to quit Lowes, but I know God will take care of me better than those guys ever can anyway.

I don't know what ur complaining about. If it wasn't for the 5 finger discounts brought through the return line I couldn't survive.

Its a shame to work full time & not make enough 4 ur family. My onlybright spot was when I Went on welfare.

The claims officer didn't even blink. She says lowes sends a lot of business their way

SHUT UP !!!! You seem to forgotten what a spiff is, its a Bonus, and to earn that bonus u must sell the product.

Selleing to product is NOT offering the customer what ever price they want, just so you get a spiff. Do your job and sell it at full price! As for the so called unseen insentives go, your vendors don't pay Lowes if the appliance is discounted, so shut your mouth and do your job or quit.

Now, the Thanksgiving bonu, it was a BONUS, your the *** one, you shold never count on a bonus that's why they call it a BONUS!

I'm going to take a guess.....most of you winers have write ups for performance issues. I have worked for over 10 yrs., I started as a part time loader, worked my way up (csa,spec.,dept.,many dept.) And now I am Assistant Store Manager, there are not to many copanies that you can work your way up in, oh ya and I have a GED.

So Lowe's is a great to work for when you are person that wants to work and earn a living..........so again.....SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!

I work in apps for 6 years, delivery, paint, home decor, plumbing and all over. For anyone in app to complain is ridiculous.

You brag about your major app experience like you deserve the spiff. Appliances is the easiest dept to work in the store. Half of your spiff is just ringing orders and pushing the EPP. Don't act like your a top salesman that the store can't do without, your a loader at heart.

Do yourself a favor and be happy that you get a hourly rate no matter what you sell, and that you get the privilage to work in a dept with you can make extra money. Your not better than anyone else in the store. That's the spiff getting to your head.

Shut your mouth and do your job or go to Sears and give another loader the privilage to make some spiff... You jobber

This is the most greedy morale breaking company I've ever worked for. Don't worry Niblock, ill help myself 2 some merchandise

My husband has worked for lowe's almost 7 years now, he is the best worker at his store. He does everything asked of him plus the job of many other workers.

He has been praised by his managers and co-workers and yet when he puts in for a promotion he is rejected and told maybe next time. We are wanting to move out of state and he has been trying to get a transfer to another lowe's. He applied for a job which would have been a promotion as well, he was the most experienced person that applied for the job and he was turned down, they supposedly decided to go with some younger guy in their store. I don't know what is going on, but I don't like it.

Every year the check before Thanksgiving came with an extra $35.00 bonus we have just expected it and counted on it. The employees at my husbands store was told the day before payday they weren't getting that bonus, but the CEO was getting his HUGE bonus :? That CEO has worked sooooo hard to make lowe's a #1 store, he deserves all that money. NOT!

Well Mr.

CEO you have totally ruined the moral of the lowe's employees. :upset

#197083

well lowes blows, since you've decided to open your mouth---that little loophole has been "fixed" as promised. No SPIFFs are paid on items with the pre-packaged price changed (as of 2wks ago).

In addition, our base pay is OUR PAY for a job well-done. You're hired to sell against the competition & to keep people coming to your store, thats how you get extra employees (help) and keep your hours. I mean really...commission is an incentive that doesn't have to be paid and if you have to go below 10% to make the sale, you're not a salesman but an order taker. You didn't EARN the extra money.

Consider it a tip for a job well done, rather than a right. Where do the "unpaid SPIFFs" as you call them go? To your stores bottom line and eventually your BONUS. Perhaps i sound a bit harsh, but i came from home depot where it WAS harsh, and we didnt get commission & our bonuses were less, and I STILL did my job because that's what I was paid to do.

Now if you dont like your pay, you should have negotiated better.

As for low increases..a standard increase for any job is 2.5-3%. Actually Lowes gives 3% for outstanding performance. If you're not performing any better than the previous year, then you're gonna get 2.5%, standard to adjust for inflation. You want more than 3%?

Go get a degree, increase you sales drastically (keep records so you have proof), or learn to argue your case better. And no, I'm not a manager. Im a specialist just like i presume you are, and im sick of hearing ppl complain about this.Go work elsewhere if you dnt like it & see if its really better. Lets talk about something that really BLOWS..Genesis...

can we upgrade to some 2008 software??? ***, 2000???

That was SOOOOO funny ! :grin

I am really wondering why spiffs drop 15% or more a year and wonder if the manufacturer has really stopped paying that much or if my company has decided I'm not going to be needed in 5 years.

I totally agree with Lowe's blows. I am also an employee who has been with the company for over 6 years now.

They take everything they can from us. This is not the company I started working for 6 years ago. Lowe's no longer pays competitively, we get 2.5% raises every year, for me this year that equaled 31 cents and I'm one of the higher paid associates. How do you expect people to raise a family and support themselves on that?

Bob Niblock made 9.65 million dollars last year alone. How about sharing the wealth?

Our name tags used to say "Employee Owner since ..." This is no longer the case.

Oh and Tech Support, instead of spending your time online perhaps you could do your job so I do not have to sit on hold for half an hour every time I call MIS, or get the "due to high call volumes you call cannot be answered at this time, please try back later." Not so much a good answer to a customer who has to stand there and wait because our outdated computer systems go down constantly.

hehe, funny how your quick to react to the bs loop but avoid the the real problem. Where do the UNELLIGABLE INCENTIVES go.

no comments on that. Being that it sounds that you can give some hard facts tell us for what reason does lowes put that limit on their employees. Could it be that LOWES is more concerned about margin than giving the employee what is rightfully theirs.

instead take it to put back into the bottom dollar or pay for even urself to do the research your doing right now? Please enlighten us all.

Thanks for the tip! We'll get that little loophole fixed up post haste.

View more comments (78)

Lowes in Reston, Virginia - Shoddy installation, Failure to correct

Lowes installed new vinyl flooring in my kitchen and dining room, and new carpeting in two of my upstairs bed rooms and my hallway. The installer came three days late, claiming he had a funeral to go to. OK I can understand that, but he couldn't possibly have been their only installer. I had to take time of from work to be home for this installation. When he finally did show up, supposedly on the day his monther-in-law was buried. He rushed through the job, and got glue on the vinyl flooring in the both the kitchen and the dining room, and did not install the threshold between the two rooms. Nor was the metal triom installed at the doorways. The carpeting upstairs was cut crooked and the baseboards were not reinstalled, and the metal trims were not installed at the doorways. After many, many complaints, and finally going to the store and standing in the store and yelling at the top of my lungs, did I finally get someone out to inspect the job done by their "qualified" installer. The supervisor lamented about the terrible installation job done by the sub-contractor, assuring me he was NOT an employee of Lowes. As such they had no controll over their work, but Lowes stands behind their installation, so it would be fixed or replaced. It never was. That was in the year 2000. I have since sold that house and it is still not corrected. I would never use Lowes for installation for anything, not even a nail. I buy nothing there that costs more than $25.00 now. They got all the money they will ever get out of me. I now shop at HOME DEPOT! By the way this was the Lowes in Kingston, NY.
big ben

I am commenting on Connie's comment. There are internet prices and in store prices.

I am sure lowes doesnt care if you ever come back. They were trying to help you

I used to shop at Lowes until they ripped me off also. I bought some decorative rock to build a flower bed.

I looked this rock up on their website before I went there and I wish I had printed the ad. On the website it showed the rock being one price and after I went there and ordered over 50 of these rocks and they had them loaded in my truck I went to pay for them and I noticed the price was a little steep. I ask the cashier why this bill was so high and as we started going over it I noticed the price of the rocks and I went on to tell her what the price was online and she had me to step off to the side of her register while she called the manager and little did I know that while I was standing there getting pissed because it was taking so long they had contacted their corporate office and had them to change the price before I could call my husband and get him to print the ad for me. And just like you I am no longer a Lowes shopper.

I have been in that store one time in ten years and that was to get a gift card for a family member.

I am now a Home Depot shopper. And this Lowes was in Florence,Kentucky

View more comments (1)

Lowes Unethical and Irresponsible

I have purchased a washing machine from Lowe's about a year ago and had bought the service plan along with the machine and the machine broke so i called up customer service to file a claim about my machine. They brought out a tech. to look at my machine and he said he had ordered parts. But after 3 months the parts had arrived and which i had to pay out of my pocket and the tech has charged me for the service out of my pocket. It has been 3 MONTHS since my machine failed and it is still unrepaired! I have a very busy day with a family and the tech has not keep his appointment times straight, i had an appointment with the tech at 5:45pm one day and i was prepared for him to come at 5:45 only but the tech called me at 11:00am saying that he would arrive in 30 min and he called while i was in college disturbing me from my work he has done the tech has done the same when i reschulded a week later and yet again he did not show so i called Lowes to get another tech but they still have not gotten me another tech. when i bought the machine service plan they told me it would take an average 3 days to fix my machine and it has been 3 months and they never told me that they would send just an tech that probably has no experience on servicing my machine and i excepted store service techs not random service tech that just barge in at whatever time they feel like that behave unprofessional with my home, my time and my machine. I want this issue resolved AT ONCE I've had enough and want my machine fixed i would like to continue being a Lowes customer but i can assure you i will not be if they handle issues this way.

Did you call 1-888-77-LOWES when you made the initial call for service? Lowe's doesn't have service techs at the store, so you will never have anyone with a Lowe's nametag show up at your door. Service is provided through repair companies authorized (and properly trained!) to fix the appliance in question.

Lowe's in East Fort Worth,Texas,has the worst customer service that I have ever seen.Not one employee gives a ***.

I wouldn't buy 10 penny nail from this bunch of dipshit's.

i've made some accusations against lowes but 1 thing I can say is that the appliance service plans are for real when used properly

you are completely confused on how a warranty works. have you contacted the service advantage hotline again.

because they can easily set you up with a different service provider, who by the way does not work for lowes and so fourth does not represent lowes.

obviously that service company is who you should bad mouth. you should notify the management in the store you purchased it from cause they may very well handle it there being in your current situation.

What phone number did you call to complain? Maybe I can lead you in the right direction on how to handle this.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in general=credit info

I have recd several calls from tele-mark groups wanting me/us to buy or subscribe to their services. Do not want any call, and I am on the national Do Not Call list. By talking to those "idiots" found out that you at Lowe's sold my info to them. I love your store and its associates, but this bull shi.....has to stop. If I get any more calls, you and your store are History==See you Latter, will go to Home Depot. Contact me at damaxx@q.com. I really need written notification about this matter or will contact My Attorney. Thanks, Don.

Lowes in Shallotte, North Carolina - Lowe's Customers Have No Brains

Do you know how *** *** you guys are ? I had three of you *** idiots come in with your lowes cards and were over the limit and had to call the one eight hundred number while you *** held up my line. You all have signs over your heads that should read DUH! I DON'T KNOW MY CREDIT LIMIT AND I AM BUYING A LOAD OF ***! I just got home from working with you idiots and you all have the worst attitudes and I'm usually a very nice person but nooo you had to all ruin my night. Thanks a *** lot.
#142033

Sophie,

Welcome to the world of retail sales. I once worked at Staples, and the customers there are not any better, trust me.

But you have a job, and your paid to be polite, and I know it's not easy. If you dont like dealing with the public, get another job.

dont you think they know there maxed out just trying to buy more nothing they need but have that tooo much shopping cant stop problem. They should be there applying for a job to pay down there acct not put more on and having no intention of paying it back.

The retail worker shouldnt stoop to there level, hardworking customer servicing peeps a job most cannot do, YOU KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!!

theyll get theres. LIKE THE ENTIRE ECONOMY COLLAPSE NOW THERES THE DUH!

what economy issues theres no problem. Just keep on bashing the blue collar worker, backbone of America sacrificing there daily lives to happily serve.

Sapphie I think you need a change in career plans.

It's funny that an employee say's that customers brought ***, that just goes to show Lowes does sell *** Cos even their own staff say so!!!

I mean it. You rude *** dumb lazy Lowes customers suck donkey cox.

I'm not kidding.

You need to be schooled in how to shop in this store with your hateful attitudes. ALL OF YOU!

You sound like a real winner. I bet the management at Lowes is glad you're on their team. Get a life LOSER!

You are going around using profanity and calling people names, exactely how old are you? How intelligent are you that you go around calling other people *** and ***. You sound like my four year old when he does not get his way.

Seriously this two year old needs to have a seat in the timeout chair. Either that or he is cranky because it is way past his bedtime.

View more comments (7)