Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes online shopping don't do it!!!!

I ordered HVAC ducting on-line and have had nothing but frustration dealing with Lowes online. They sent the wrong items to start and also split up the order to various stores so what did arrive came at different times. I sent back some items using Lowes' return label but have never received a refund. I have called customer service several times about the refund owed. I get put on hold or promised that my refund will be taken care of but nothing happens. I will never shop online with Lowes again. I do not recommend this service.
Lowes Shipping Service
Full refund

Lowes in Orléans, Ottawa, Ontario - Goofy service

4.3

Update by user Apr 06

This happened at the Cornwall store...I am 81 years old and don’t have a lot of time and energy left to jerk around with this kind of stuff. As an organization that’s always spouts the satisfaction guarantee slogan, your aren’t “walking the talk” in my case.... Bob

Original review posted by user Apr 06

Hi, my name is Bob Earle ID# 02713 3422 078 On March 19th of this year I bought a garden shed from your Cornwall store and paid a delivery charge scheduled for April 28th. Yesterday (April 5th) I went to the store to buy material (approx. $100) and requested it be delivered with the garden shed, I was told they could not do that and I would have to pay another delivery charge for the material (80 bucks) Are you guys nuts, or you just want me to take my business elseware? Unsatisfied customer... Email - earlebm@cogeco.ca

Did you ever stop to think that the materials you wanted to add to the delivery are coming from a different source than the shed? Delivery trucks don't run free.

They have to pay for the truck, fuel, insurance, a driver, someone to schedule the delivery and load the truck. If the delivery has to come out on a different truck you need to pay the fee for the second truck, Believe it or not, deliveries are not a money making proposition for most stores.

Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Staff assistance
  • Freidliness
Cons
  • Delivery system
Order processing issue

$5.00 conjob by Lowes and Everready

I never write reviews, and this one may seem petty as it involves a small amount, but it seems to signify the problem sometimes. Big companies stealing small amounts from millions of people. We forget that counting to a million (or billion) starts with 1. A package of Eveready batteries has a bold $5.00 rebate sticker attached. When you get home and submit for the Lowes rebate it's rejected as not meeting the $15 minimum expenditure. The batteries are priced at 14.99 before tax. BTW, at Home Depot, where I bought batteries to replace the ones I returned to Lowes the same battery package is priced at 15.38. All I can think and say is shame on Lowes. Going forward it's Home Depot and Duracell Coppertops for me. I'm not looking for any Lowes contact, just wanted others to beware and be informed shoppers.

I guess it pays to read the terms of the rebate before you submit it. If the rebate says you get a $5 rebate on a purchase of $15 or more, I'd make sure I had purchased $15 worth or batteries even if it meant purchasing another battery. Sorry, but $14.99 is less than $15 and doesn't meet the requirements.

@Anonymous

You miss the point. At purchase there is no indication of the $15 requirement.

That's the issue. Con marketing.

From your comment, perhaps you think that's ok. I returned the batteries rather than give my money to entities that practice such deceptive advertising.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Rebate
Pricing issue
nothing

Lowes in Richmond, Virginia - Extremely Disappointed

I am very disappointed in Lowe's. We went there to see about getting our kitchen remodeled. What started as a small thing ended up being $30,000 plus. It was suppose to be done in two weeks. Our project was started December 3, 2018 and is yet to be completed. We had to go to the store ourselves and pick up most of the supplies. We bought what they said was top of the line cabinets. Four doors had to be replaced as they came with flaws. Then the contractor was careless and did damage to cabinets, etc. He was confronted and lied that he didn't do it. and wait for his convenience between his private jobs. We finally have all the supplies and now have to wait for the contractor to come and finish. Along with that we have to take off work to meet him there. We have complained to the managers several times and they say they will look into it and get back to us and nothing happens. If we ever get our kitchen finished, I will not go back to Lowe's for anything.
h.kitchener

Those who go to any one of the big box stores like Lowe's for a remodeling project and allow a subcontractor hired by the store to do the work can often be rudely surprised at the problems encountered and the quality of the work itself as in your case. While 4 cabinet doors not being acceptable is not really unusual---the fault of the cabinet maker---the problems you experienced with the guy Lowe's used for the installation is more often than not a real problem.

I guess, now you know what not to do for the future. The best way to get this kind of work done is to hire, on your own a small contractor not affiliated with a big box store who will work with you on designing what you want done and then helping you pick out the cabinets, etc. from places he has dealt with and knows best. To find a good contractor is the trick and for this you need to talk to everyone you can or know for a recommendation.

Looking on the internet for someone is a hit and miss prospect and could end up even worse than having Lowe's, etc. do the project. Never trust reviews or recommendations from any site on the internet, period. Talk to people who have had similar projects done in the past for people who can and will do quality work.

They are out there, the trick is to find them.

Good luck. As for your current problem with Lowe's, I hope you haven't paid them in total for the project but held back monies until completion, etc.

Lowes Kitchen Remodeling

3.1
Pissed off...Lowes protection plans are a scam
I am have similar issues with Lowes about my 11 year epp protection plan. I bought the Bosch tankless water heater in May 2009. We all know that this is not cheap. Last week the thing leaked water out of the heat exchanger and some how managed to get into the electronics. I called to get the situation resolved but it seems that they can’t locate the receipt. I sent the pic of the receipt to the claims dept. to prove I purchased the extended protection plan with the unit. Then they came back and said there was no service provider and no contracts were issued. They are *** me off to the point that I will have to get in contact with the attorney general here in Texas. Lowes warranties are a scam. I went ahead and purchased another water heater from Lowes with the protection plan again. I am thinking twice about taking my receipt back and getting a refund. Then, purchase home warranty before the unit goes out.

Which is why I steer clear of big box stores, extended warranties, and most of all home warranty’s .

#1671969

Tankless water heaters are pieces of trash too many electronics! If you don’t rescale them every 6 months, the calcium, lime and other minerals from the water will corrode it, since there is no collection tank or sacrificial anode.

Instant hot water turns into instant cold water. Extended warranties are total rip offs, same as home warranties. But, everyone wants their toys.

What’s wrong with a standard, cheap water heater? Not good enough for you?

@Anonymous

The older tankless hot water heaters have no electronics. We purchased one from a supplier, whose name I have forgotten, in 1983,in New England.

It worked very well and lasted about 15 years. They replaced it with an upgraded model (no electronics) at a reduced price.

This model lasted another 10 years until we sold the house. I do not know long it worked after we sold out.

@Anonymous

I should let you know that my water heater is located in the attic in a single story home. You have to crawl over duct work and only have a 4 foot of limited height and width to move water heater through until it opens up to a larger area.

It’s very hard to do all that if your the only one doing it. On top of that a family of 6 uses a lot of hot water.

Most people would have learned their lesson the first time. Why on earth would you buy another extended service plan when you know good and well it isn't with anything?

you can sue Lowe's all you want, but they have nothing to do with any protection plan other than selling them.

Asurion possibly

View more comments (6)
Lowes Protection Plan

Lowes(t) bidder Delivery/Install service

Update by user Apr 04

I meant to say we purchased appliances at the store. I called the installer company and was told sometimes they have issues and they get behind, sorry we didn't notify you.

I guess they have no policy about doing the right thing. That is the company lowes has chosen to represent them. That is great and all but the customers are the ones who pay. Who is going to make up the extra time I had to sit at home for this BS?

What is the impact to the installer company?

What is the impact to the customer experience and lowes….you get what you pay for. I'm never going back.

Original review posted by user Apr 04

Ordered some kitchen appliances online. Over the range microwave was installed about 1 week later, but was defective, the fan for the over the range part did not work. Neither me nor the installer thought to test that. Now we are doing it again and I got a call for a 2 hour window. At the end of the 2 hour window I got a call saying it would be another hour. The call from the installer also comes from an out of state number. You cannot call the installer company, I called lowes several times today and eventually was told a manager will be calling be back. I'm not holding my breath. Another thing, after the first time the microwave was installed I got a call from lowes asking how it went. I did not get such a call on the second install, maybe the manager is going to do it? Who pays for the customer's time to sit around and wait for the installers? Answer: the customer who already paid money for the install.

Let's see what type of person you are. If you were the first installation scheduled for the day and the installer arrived on time I assume you would be happy.

Unfortunately there were some problems with the installation and it was taking the installer longer than anticipated to get your microwave installed. Would you expect the installer to stay and finish your installation or would you insist they leave and reschedule the completion on another day so they could get to their next installation on time?

For some reason I expect you would want them to stay and wouldn't care if the rest of the installations that day ran late. In the real world every thing doesn't go exactly as planned and the best of plans can run late.

Price reduction

Lowes in Colorado Springs, Colorado - I am stuck with a defective water heater

I bought an AP Smith water heater ftom lowes. It immediately gave off a bad smell from city water which was determined to be bacteria. I followed all of the manufacturers recommendations, none killed the bacteria. Lowes says Zi am stuck with it they have limited options. I don't. I am going to Home Depot or Menards, never to return to Lowes!!

My question is where the bacteria is coming from? It it continuing to come in through your city water system?

If so a different water heater won't change things. My guess is that you don't have your water heater set at a temperature high enough to kill the bacteria in the city water.

If set too low it can even be an environment for the bacteria to thrive. If the problem is that the heater won't heat the water enough that should be what you are complaining about and a temperature problem should be covered under warranty.

Ao Smith Water Heater
Damaged or defective

Lowes in Paterson, New Jersey - Shorted fencing that I paid for

Lowes charged me for 42 lf of fencing, a 10ft drive gate, and a 4ft walk gate. When installed I received 28 lf of fencing, an 8ft drive gate, and a 4ft walk gate. I was clearly shorted the drive gate I paid for, but more importantly the 14 feet of fencing that was never delivered or installed. I have been back and forth with the sales department and they refuse to make it right. I have a clear contract that outlines this and physical proof that I did not receive what I initially paid for. If I could give them a 0 in ratings I would. They have no concern with customer satisfaction and therefore I will not be returning as a customer for any of my home improvement needs.
Lowes Fence Installation
Cons
  • Treatment i received
  • Unprofessional managers and contracors
  • Total lack of service and cooperation
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Lowes in Leesburg East, Florida - Noise Refrigerator

Bought new refrigerator on 12/28/18 called Frigidaire on 1/17/19 Lowes did not tell me that i had 30 days to return. or we would not be here. it makes so much noise i can hear over tv, Frigidaire said that is the new way this is not my first refrigerator had i know i could returned it in 30 days they could have kept it i do not think i would be the only one with this problem with the technology today it is ridiculous.
Frigidaire Refrigerator
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - (B.S.) LIFETIME HASSLE FREE WARRANTY

3.0
I tried to exchange a 16' tape, models and warranties changed, was told to contact the manufacturer. Google Kobalt and what do you get? Lowe's as the supplier, followed by nothing but complaints. So, now what?

have you called 888-356-2258 ?

FumblingShark

Boycott racist lowes

The issue is the magnets fell out, making it less useful.

What was wrong with the tape? The warranties are against manufacturers defects.

The warranties do not cover damage.

If you took a tape in with the tip ripped off it wouldn't be covered under warranty as it was damaged, not defective. Far too many people try to abuse warranties trying to exchange items that are not truly defective.

View more comments (3)