Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Shallotte, North Carolina - Lowe's Customers Have No Brains

Do you know how *** *** you guys are ? I had three of you *** idiots come in with your lowes cards and were over the limit and had to call the one eight hundred number while you *** held up my line. You all have signs over your heads that should read DUH! I DON'T KNOW MY CREDIT LIMIT AND I AM BUYING A LOAD OF ***! I just got home from working with you idiots and you all have the worst attitudes and I'm usually a very nice person but nooo you had to all ruin my night. Thanks a *** lot.
#142033

Sophie,

Welcome to the world of retail sales. I once worked at Staples, and the customers there are not any better, trust me.

But you have a job, and your paid to be polite, and I know it's not easy. If you dont like dealing with the public, get another job.

dont you think they know there maxed out just trying to buy more nothing they need but have that tooo much shopping cant stop problem. They should be there applying for a job to pay down there acct not put more on and having no intention of paying it back.

The retail worker shouldnt stoop to there level, hardworking customer servicing peeps a job most cannot do, YOU KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!!

theyll get theres. LIKE THE ENTIRE ECONOMY COLLAPSE NOW THERES THE DUH!

what economy issues theres no problem. Just keep on bashing the blue collar worker, backbone of America sacrificing there daily lives to happily serve.

Sapphie I think you need a change in career plans.

It's funny that an employee say's that customers brought ***, that just goes to show Lowes does sell *** Cos even their own staff say so!!!

I mean it. You rude *** dumb lazy Lowes customers suck donkey cox.

I'm not kidding.

You need to be schooled in how to shop in this store with your hateful attitudes. ALL OF YOU!

You sound like a real winner. I bet the management at Lowes is glad you're on their team. Get a life LOSER!

You are going around using profanity and calling people names, exactely how old are you? How intelligent are you that you go around calling other people *** and ***. You sound like my four year old when he does not get his way.

Seriously this two year old needs to have a seat in the timeout chair. Either that or he is cranky because it is way past his bedtime.

View more comments (7)

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - 1233 165th st. hammond in. no return policy

during a resenty visit, i purchsed 90 scalloped edger bricks @ 2.22 each. I was told by the dept. clerk that if they went on sale within 14 days i would be able to get them at the sell price. 11 days later (today 4-23-10) they are on sale for 1.66 buy one get one free. they would not honor the sale price, stateing that it is a special sale. I could dig them up, return them at regular price of 2.22, and rebuy at 1.66 with the buy one get one free offer. as a home owner with three additional rental properites,i feel that this is a slap in the face as I spend a lot of money at menards on improvements to these homes. at the present time I am thinking home depot and lowes. thank you chuck ingram

Lowes in Latrobe, Pennsylvania - Veterans discounts

stores are now asking for photo IDs. these are not available only to active,retirees and those needing medical care. Millions of us vets have IDs,discharge and dd214s. Don't you trust your cashiers enough to compare these items along with drivers licence photo? I hear weird stories how this came about from store employees,fake IDs,forgories,not wanting to give vet discounts because its cutting into profits etc. Give us a break we've sure earned it.You're forcing us to go to Home Depot who gladly honors our IDs without Question maybe thats the place for us to shop.

So you signed up for military service solely to get discounts at retailers? Thanks for serving our country. Now get your priorities straightened out and quit leaching off of society.

if you are single and make more than 30,000 per yr. you are not eligible for the va id card.

so if you are homeless you can get a card.

if you made a success of you life after you risked it you are screwed. thanks lowes

Some of home depot in the Philly,Pa. Area don't take the ID

Went to lowes with my US Veterans ID Card, with picture on it , they said only retires and active duty Id's would be honered.

Guess i will not take all my business to lowes anymore.

I cannot stand when customers shove their I'D in your face, and they do it all the time. I don't need any man shoving anything in my face.

I see it. I am not blind. There are those that appreciate the discount, but the majority of them are so nasty. People do not realize what a strain this puts on us cashiers and head cashiers.

I am constantly having to run from garden to commercial sales and everywhere in between to get overrides for military. It is stressful to try to be in several places at once.

Lowes just needs to make the store 10% and call it a day. All this does is *** me, the cashier, the customer, and the customers behind them off.

This past weekend, my wife told me about the military veteran's discount at Lowe's. This was being offered in honor of Veteran's Day 2011.

Upon respectfully inquiring at the cash register about the discount, while wearing my U.S.Army jacket (only available at Military Clothing Sales), we were abruptly informed that an active duty I.D. would be the only acceptable form of "Proof of Service". They followed this up with stories of fake IDs, similar to the ones stated on this website, and with the same verbosity. Honestly, we don't demand special consideration for veteran status.

Lowe's publicly advertised & offered this discount on their website's front page.

We certainly do not appreciate being lured down there to spend our hard earned money under the pretense of honoring veterans, only to be treated so disrespectfully by this retailer's staff. Numerous employee's were contacted & became involved, because the cashiers were clueless about the discount even being offered at all, but were very confident in telling us about the fake IDs they get all the time.

I will be taking this latest experience into consideration when deciding where to take my business in the near future.

Went to the DMV with my DD214 to get the Armed Forces stamp. I thought it was nice gesture that Lowes was offering Vets a discount.

Spent the money and time for the stamp and then Lowes no longer accepts the stamp. Dissapointed to say the least.

both of my lowes accept my VA card with no questions ask

i work at Lowes. We stand by military discount and HAVE for the 6 years I have worked customer service.

We take Military issued ID cards and VA cards, NOTHING else unless military holiday then u can use DD214 along with state ID.

You wouldnt believe some of the fakes I have seen. You can get a VA card by applying for it, just like your "free coffee" card.

Lowes does honor military discounts. You must be active or retired for year round discounts.

All other military is honored on designated days or holidays determined by the company.

You would be surprised how many Lowes employees are in the military and do not have an issue with this policy. Sometimes people just think the world owes them.

I come for generations of veterans and they deserve the highest honor, or would lowes like to tell the widow her spouse died in vain :upset

Vet Admin gives you a photo ID card wether you use their medical or not, just apply for it. If this is TOO hard for you to do you dont deserve the discount.

@USMCDEATHCARD

Not true. The VA issues cards only to those receiving medical care for service-related injury or illness. Do your homework.

Discounts honored by stores, are at the stores discretion, however they want to handle it is however they want to handle it.

Its their merchandise, in which they paid for. You do have the option of going to Home Depot if you are truly dissatisfied.

Not all Vets are rude, but majority do have this feeling of entitlement. They feel as if they have served their country and they are entitled to free things, discounts, etc.

We do thank you for serving your country. And we do as country offer many benefits to Vets and active military members. Unfortunately, we can't offer you a lifetime free pass, some of the benefits do have to come with restrictions and limitations.

mdconcrete

I went to Lowe’s yesterday to get items for a weekend project and was told they no longer give a veterans discount. When I went to push my cart that had $450 of supplies asides and leave, I was told that they would go ahead and give me a discount just for today.

I noticed after check they did not give me a discount. I called Lowe’s customer relations and all I received from them was disrespect and someone from the local would be calling me…… No calls!

I am a veteran that owns a small company with an advertising budget. For the next year I will devote that budget towards advertising against Lowe’s for disrespecting military veterans until I see an ad from Lowe’s apologizing for their conduct.

I'm still stand with are vet's

you'r elders have the right.so get over you'r self.what are you five?

I got you'r grammar.snob. from the front line.

LOWE'S B.S. MUST HAVE YOU F.U. IN THE HEAD IF YOU DON'T STAND WITH US YOU MUST BE A LOWE'S REP.

I'm a vet and. you and lowe's can blow....

Lowes has a right to put restrictions on their discounts. If you don't like it shop somehere else plan and simple.

I for one think it is ok for them to give the discounts to active duty military members only.

We have too many "old heads" coming in wanting discounts just becasue they fought in some war 50 years ago. Get Over Yourselves.

@Hope

Ha hope your going to need hope when one of us old vets finds your *** ,then you can get over it.

#819798
@Hope

Hey, coming from an Iraq Veteran. Listen here..

Nam, WW2 and Korea vets fought to keep this world free from Fascism and Communism. I wish we could send you Baghdad to see charred bodies, children beheaded and dismembered... You get the picture.... but, no you're too busy with working at Lowe's...

Aim High! You succeeded.

No College, No Military Service.... Do you even have a GED?

so, reading the grammar and spelling errors, there's either a lot of illiterate Vets posting here or the same guy is posting in different names to agree with himself. Coming from a military family I'd have to assume the latter since most of the military types I've met are very intelligent.

Side note: The military discount at Lowe's is only for active duty/retirees. Anyone can do a single tour of service or get kicked out of the military, this is intended for those currently serving our country/those who dedicated much of their lives to this cause.

#819791
@Tim Thomas

You do know that at one time the Services were not filled with "Choir Boys"... Actually, when I served many guys I spoke with at Benning during OSUT had some questionable past experiences...

If you go by the standards set forth today. In all actuality they used some down right dirty recruiting tactics to get these guys enlisted for the invasion in 03, surge in 07 etc. Now, most of them have been forced out because of guys like you... You know...

the type that never left the FOB and flew a desk for 20.... OH SNAP POG! Anyway, most of these guys you speak of either meet the above description or they were draftees (HINT) : The draft boards established for WW2, Korea and Vietnam I have heard were not too worried about ones intelligence quotient. This belief you have of military types being extremely intelligent is quite misleading.

I know for a fact I would not want you watching my six.

Sincerely,

A guy who actually went outside the wire.

P.S. How many 18B's, 11B's, 12B etc...

Do you know who want 20+ plus years of PTSD, Painkillers to function and Benzos to sleep?

you all stand together and get others to do so and we mite get in lowe's bottom line.let them give all the vets respect which has bin earned thanks to all of you .

i'm with you . I have to drive 25 mills moor to another store but I can do so for those who put it on the line for us shame on lowe's.

110TH stand with are seebees. get it done.

my ID Not up to lowe's standards .

I got the same cold blank *** from lowe's .my Id not up to lowe's standards .

DITO

YOU KNOW US SEEBEES WE STAND WHITH ALL ARE BROTHERS IN ARMS. WE WILL GO TO THE DEPOT.

I will stand with you 100%. I will not stand for it. no need for lowe's to degrade are vets let that be the bottom-line.

I wen't to lowe's showed my ID and a 17 year old smart *** told me my ID was not good for them.it was outdated . like now it is out dated I'am not a vet now . I don't need that from a snot and I don't need lowe's .

I wen't to all home depot and got one.I just show id.

I stand behind them 100%. do you know how many people ask for military discount who are not eligible?

Do you know how many dirtbags stand out on street corners with signs CLAIMING to be veterans? Also, what home depot are you going to that offers military discount?

I've always been refused. I am a loyal Lowes shopper.

a vet is a vet.a id is a id . f lowe's.

a vet is a vet.a id is a id . f lowe's.

lowe,s is just wrong. and I will stop shopping at lowe's.

did it to me to.

you know lowe.s think,s if lowe,s tern a blind eye to us we will go away . not me I will never go back to them .

I will go to a mom and pop store and pay moor . I,m a vet to.

stand up with all and go to home depot.

go to home depot. thay will honer it.

me .I will stop the sopping at lowe.s .

lowe's blows.I'm a vet . and I just stopped shopping at lowe's.

It is greed .lowe's put on a big bad i'm for are vets till the line comes down and when the press is not looking and hang on.

lowe's refused my id .I went to a american store and had no hassle I went to home depot.

I will go to the depot to get my wood .I wont go to lowe's it sounds like lowes is putting the wood to are vet's.

I got the same. my id and my missing arm is no good.

Home Depot.I will go. lowe's will not disrespect my brothers in arms. I say f them to.

I WAS PUT THE BOOT TO FROM LOWES. MY ID IS NO GOOD FOR THEM.

THE BLOOD WE GAVE IS NO GOOD TO.

I DON'T NEED THEM.GO TO H. LOWES

I was also turned down for my discount at lowes, and will never enter their store again. The cashier told me anybody could get a lifetime VFW membership card so I left before I did something ***, Now I go across the street to Home Depot, and for the$1.00 I would have saved they have lost out on much more.

I'm a vet and enrolled and recieving VA health care as well as a 40% rating and I don't have a VA ID card

All vets can enroll in the VA- you may not get healthcare or qualify, but you can still enroll and get that photo ID. You should because Congress funds the VA by how many vets are enrolled- even if you don't use VA healthcare you are helping other vets who DO---so get the ID. So you spend a few hours at the Va and save enough for a few cans of paint- that means those hours at the Va earned you fifty or sixty bucks...not a bad trade.

re: No.8 ..so boo hoo, go to Home Depot."

Don't bother, Home Depot has now adopted that same photo ID policy. As a combat vet of Korea I didn't get a photo ID...but did get a VA loan and GI bill education benefits compliments of US taxpayers...so got no real complaints. And I still enjoy a "senior's" discount at the movies!

i didnt join the army for discounts either. its a matter of principle.

its these corporations saying theyre patriotic by making vets lives easier and in turn making us feel like criminals. get off of your high horse!! i get that youre all audie murphy, did it for the glory but you still got a paycheck...

and if you dont want perks, then dont go to the va hospital and send back your disability checks. anything short of that shut up hypocrite!

#319497

WA! WA! WA!

Just go get the VA card with your photo on it.

I was drafted this is the only thing I ever got for serving my country Oh not true I did get spit on.

Vietnam Vet...Drafted I had no choice.

I think those of you stating that your fellow veterans are "boo hooing" and whining about getting a discount are missing the point. The discount isn't the issue (10%...come on) but the fact that a company widely advertises that they support military veterans then rudely turns away honorably discharged veterans saying that their service isn't good enough to warrant their precious discount should be a slap in the face to ALL veterans.

They're using veterans as PR cash cows and dishonoring those that have served at the same time. What makes an active duty Army cook more important than a soldier that had his friend die in his arms in Vietnam. Or a soldier that served in Iraq if that brings it closer to home for you. Maybe a soldier that served in the current conflict spending months or even years in theater fighting the war that most active duty will never really be a part of.

After 4 years of serving they decide that they've done their part and return to the civilian life and try to start a family. But what recognition do they get? Do they get a discounted ticket to a movie, 10% off lumber to build a deck, a cheaper meal at a fast food chain, a free ticket to a theme park for them and their new family? No.

They get nothing. In the end it's not about getting discounts and free stuff. It's about honoring our veterans.

If you want to say thank you by supporting us the way we went to war to support you then honor us all equally. If you're only doing it to make yourself look good, I'd rather you didn't do anything at all.

Hey Seriously,

We will and I hope they don't offer you a JOB U sorry SOB when Lowe's Goes....

You would not know Honor or Valor if it bit you square on the *** keep your 10%....we did not ask you, you offered.

:sigh

I don't think any veterans should fee ashamed that they tried to support a business that stated they were providing a discount to veterans and they were angry that they were denied that service.

Lowe's should be ashamed that they are spending millions on advertizing stating that they support veterans when that is not actually the case. Closing a program down due to fraud on a 10% discount reflects a poorly planned program. And really, 10% is not making a huge cut into a large chain like Lowe's profits.

From these reviews it sounds like this business, like many others, is the one that is cashing in on veterans. Not only are they spending tons of money on advertizing a benefit that they do not provide, but they are also making veterans feel like criminals for trying to receive an advertized discount.

I'm also ashamed to see these "me too" complaints....I served half my life in the Army because I believed in the cause. Not to get discouts for the rest of my life.

#219403

I was refused a discount this past Vererian's Day at Lows. I am a Vet of only four years of service so I guess I have no right to cry about it.

My only thought is when a store promotes something to get people into their business they should honor it even if it is only 10%.

I am also a civilian employee for the DOD and my CAC was not honored.

I guess you are only a Vet if you are retired or if you need the VA Medical services. :sigh

#199862

I work for Lowe's. The 'military discount' is only supposed to be for currently serving men and woman. That was it's intent. Corporate then decided it was okay for VA cards too. Lowe's still accepts DD214 papers on July 4th and Memorial Day.

It is ten percent people. Do you realize how many coupons there are circulating for that amount? It isn't that we are 'too ***' to read the papers. It is a privilege. Too many people took advantage of it. We don't need to give anyone any discount.

So boo hoo, go to Home Depot.

I to was refuse the 10%. If it is no longer lowes policy to give 10% off to ALL vets say so on TV and printed ads just like they did when thwy started the program.

I can't believe the snivel I'm reading here from fellow vets. I put in over 24 years in the Army, and trust me, it wasn't so I could get some cheesy discount at some lumber yard.

I think you've forgotten the whole reason we chose to serve - if getting discounts and recognition is the reason, then *** me.

I'm ashamed to see what some of you are whining about here - go to a VA cemetery and you'll see the only discount we earned - a free headstone. Perhaps Red China, the former USSR and even the towel-heads get a discount at their local lumber yard - after all, their countries are SO much better - right?

I put in over 24 years in the Army. I didn't join so I could get some sort of discounts when I got out.

I'm ashamed that my fellow veterans are whining about such a "non" issue.

I think you're forgeting the whole reason we chose to serve. Go to a VA cemetery and ask those guys what they think of a lousy discount.

My husband presented his DD214 and the cashier at Lowe's very rudely refused it. So we went to Home Depot, where they not only happily accepted the DD214 as proof of my husband's veteran status, but honored a $10 off coupon we had from Lowe's.

Home Depot will be getting my business from now on. Clearly, Lowe's is not interested in offering this benefit to veterans.

well, you people without cards just screwed the system. Lowes has CANCELED all everyday discounts except for ACTIVE military.

As of June 15th, 2010

Too much fraud with the papers. Go ask and find out.

only on holidays from now on---with a photo card only !!!!

I am a 69 year old marine corp vet. I also was refused the discount because all I have is my dd214.

The closest VA clinic is 65 miles away.

Why should I have to drive that far to get an ID card for services I have never used nor intend to use? A military dependent who has never seen a military base can get an ID card and therefore a Lowe's discount but I can't.

if you are truly a vet you need to register with the va even if you do not have a current service connected disability,look at how long it took for some agent orange symptons to show up. besides all vets need to be united if we expect the va to be able to fight for us.

:) i have never had a problem with lowes honoring my service connected disability card. on the other hand Home Depot tells me they only give the discount when they run their special, like for Veterans Day.

told them I guess I should have only served one day a year then. I go to Lowes, the ones here in North texas have not had a roblem with discount, refunds or returns with or without a reciept or buy from one store return to another.

I was asked the very same question by my brother who served from 1967 to 1971 in the Air Force in SE Asia. I contacted my friend in Veterans Affairs who said unless you qualify for veterans benefits (medical discharge, retiree or low income) you cannot get an ID card.

So, The VA will not issue a GENERAL ID card and stores can chose to honor DD-214. My friend suggested

joining a veterans group like VFW and try to use your IF card from them.

Most veteran associations will only allow veterans to join. Hope that helps.

I was told that the discount is only for disabled and currently serving military. If this is not correct then the Company should put out what is right. Thanks for your time

Have in the past no problem getting my 10%by showing my DD214 military record.

Now they refuse me because the DD214 has no photo, I showed them my photo Driving license . Girl at checkout was very rude.

Your web site advertises 10% for vets

All you have to do is get a ID from the VA like i did its got your picture on it. You don't need to use there facilities just get the ID. Lowes has been great i show it they imediatly give me the 10 percent discount.

You need to grow up and show your ID. Probably they don't believe you were a veteran because they think you are younger from your behavior. They probably think you are too young to be a vetaran when they see you acting lie a six year old.

I totally agree with you. Having served our country you DO deserve a ten percent discount without question.

I think *** corporate came up with those new rules so they would save their big fat *** some more money at the expense of our veterens.

It makes me sad when I am forced to tell a veteren his id is no good without a photo. I promise the cashiers hate it too.

View more comments (76)

Lowes in San Francisco, California - Lowe"s doesnt honor their Ad

We went to san jose store to get bark nuggets that were on sale for 4 for $10 Garden bark 2 cubic ft, from april 14th to april 19th 2010. we were told by one of the employee that this ad is nation wide ad and we dont carry all the items in all the stores and lots of customers had asked about it so, when we asked him he knew exactly what we were talking about. I think this is false advertising,if this is the case it should say that certain item is not available in san jose store. Next time before going for a advertised item I will think twice, Mrs Jaka

Someone needs reading comprehension skills ... ALL big box stores have the "not all products available at all stores" on the flyer (not to mention that concept should be common sense considering stores are not consistent in size nor community in which they are located) a lot even state "call ahead to confirm"

Always read the whole advertisement, not just the part that interests you. What you did was like reading agatha christie until the red herring, then putting the book down declaring "i know who did it".

Lowes in Brookings, South Dakota - Put off for over an Hour

After waiting for over an hour to have a board cut so I could place it in my car, I was put off again. This was at Brookings, SD at 9:00 pm, April 22 2010. He sail he would do the sawing after 8:00 pm. I was put off twice more I don;t think he cared if he would do the job or not. He should not be handling coustomers.I finally ran out of patients and left ( Hopefully I will never have to return again to the store). I am one who tells others of my experience. I am wondering if anyone will read this. I have the impresion this web site is like a toilet stule. Once you use it it is flushed away never to be heard or seen again.

After giving your problem thought, it is obvious that yoy are blaming lowe's for something they have little control over.

When our government took the Bible, Prayer and punishment out of our schools, they also took out education, morals and modesty. Lowes is controled by this same government as to who they can hire.

No longer do they have the ability to test for education or skills. So what is left?

People who go to any wharehouse lumber Co. go for price, not service - They should be ready to carry their purchases home.

Take a saw with you and cut it youself out in the parking lot if need be, or stick it out the window or tie it to your roof, as they always have tying material available.

Or, go to a local lumber yard where service is given to justify the higher prices charged.

Drs. have patients, people have patience.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Boston, Massachusetts - Help with 2 storm doors

on April 21 went to Lowes to purchase 2 storm doors, there were 2 or 3 associates at the computer, no one asked if we needed any help or even looked to see if we need any assistance, I walked to where they were any the only person who acknowledge me was a very nice women, not the younger 2 men!!I asked if someone could help us with 2 doors we wanted, she said she would help, she loaded the 2 doors on our cart and said to mention to someone to help us to our van, again no one said a word, we then loaded the 2 doors and heard some say "didn't they offer to help you" we said no, "no one in this whole lazy place, would offer anything except for you" the same very nice lady who helped us in the first place. This is very poor customer service, maybe the so called men in that store, should take a lesson from the women who work there, sorry but I will go someplace else from now on. a very unhappy former customer
Review

Lowes should send cs people for training!!!!

I went back to Lowes in Hickory, NC this morning to see if they would honor the bogof on the veggies plants. I bought the plants on Saturday and the sale started today. I still do not have them in the ground yet and would have gladly returned them to save twenty something dollars. Well the return person had to ask the girl behind the customer service counter. That girl should not be working in cs as it was plain as day that I had inconveinced her. It is the little things like this that really make me want to shop at home depot! To that girl.....jobs are hard to come by these days...be thankful you are employed!!!!

You are right! Everyone should be trained to deliver excellent service!

Have you heard of WomenCertified? WomenCertified companies are trained and tested and monitored for excellence in customer service!

Next time try to find a WomenCertified company! Good luck!

Lowes in Lubbock, Texas - Terrible Customer Service, Rude, Lazy Floor Staff

After buying my home I went to Lowe's in Lubbock, TX. to spend some serious money on new washer/dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, custom oak blinds, french doors, glass storm door and more. I could find nobody to assist me in the appliance or door area. When I scheduled installation of the dishwasher I asked if the custom blind measurements could be done at the same time. I was told no, it was two different departments. This was a floor sales person, not install. dept. She refused to call service dept. to even ask. This man came and installed my dishwasher, which I took off work to meet him. Two days later I took off work again for the windows to be measured and it was the same guy, which she said was not possible. Then there's the lady who cuts the blinds. She was beyond rude, I have no idea why but she was so nasty and impatient with me that I ended up yelling for her supervisor, who refused to come mediate. I asked to speak to the store manager and was told he/she was in a meeting. The more upset I got with her behavior the more she enjoyed it. The next day I told my realtor about my experience with this woman and he knew who I was referring to. He said he had seen her in action and that she was the most obnoxious person he'd ever come across at this store. I was glad to hear this because I had started to question my sanity. Lowe's in Lubbock is the absolute worst place to go unless you love to be treated like a dog pile. Upper management at the Lubbock store does not give a rat's butt about how customers are treated and hide behind their apathetic underlings to get people out the door. Sutherland's is the only place for me now. I raised a wall and installed granite on my own. I had questions and Sutherland's staff went out of their way to assist me. As a result they have my money and business forever. I will never step foot in a Lowe's store ever again as long as I can find what I need elsewhere.

I work at lowes for 18 years I can't get any help from them in their department every time customers ask for help I tried to help from them seem I can get any help from them they to selfish to help customers lowes need to improve their skills start by helping customers this don't make any sense they i can't help their customers

Today January 18th 2011, I went to Lowes, to get material for a project. I needed a piece of wood (untreated) it was a eight foot long piece of wood and I needed it cut down into two pieces, I seen a Lowes guy stocking up some wrench sets on the floor by were I was, so I ask, "excuse me Sir, i need this piece of wood cut down four feet, for a total of two peices", he already appeared annoyed because his old lazy *** had to stock wrenches and I had the "nerve" to ask for his help.

Anyway after he made the call over the loud speaker twice, he asked if anyone came over, obviously not if I am still standing here, so I went to the project desk and this other old piece of *** is just looking at me like "WTF you want", at this time I am starting to get pissed off because I have given these *** the upmost respect and i was being treated like ***. "So i asked, "excuse me sir, I need a peice wood cut into two pieces, this *** off, just stares at me and then said "ask him" so that was the last straw, I said "ok now you *** are *** me off"

The point is this if you work at Lowes, it is because YOU chose that job not me, so therefore you need to take pride in what you do and not be mad at me because I have a freaking life and I want to build something, I am not there for your punkass, your are there for me so take initiative and do your damm job, if you do not know the answer, fine, at least make me your priorty to get the answer.

If you have a problem with what I said, then I am talking to your punkass, take pride in yourself and your job.

You people amuse me. 1st of all Lyn is a lier.

Dishwashers are installed by delivery drivers. Blinds are measured and installed by a PSE. Which is what I am. yes you have to have contracting experience to have my job.

And yes people that work at Lowes od have answers, 1st off don't ask a window licker cashier for answers. Look for the employee that seems to be answering questions, the one you found hiding in the shadows not helping anyone probably doesnt know ***. Also remember Lowes is a place for you to buy material so someone who knows what they r doing can build your house, or complete your project. Nowhere in our add does it say, "let me build it for you, or i'll tell you how".

And yes the most obvious answer is not everyone will have a answer for you.

Be patient, grow up, and remember you don't know thats why you went ot Lowes, we sell it all and if your patient we have answers. Lyn your a ***.

You go to Lowe's because it cost less then the local hardware store or lumberyard. So they higher collage kids and retired people who learn what they can from the contractors that come in to the store.

I am a former Lowe's employ. Some times I just had to say I do not know. But I was just a cashier. Also if your in a hurry the people that know everything are usually busy.

and you have to wait to talk to them. And if you come off short and are a *** to the employees.

They will act dumb and wont share there knowledge with you. I hate waiting also but you just have to be polite and people will try to help you the best they can.

I have worked for Lowe's myself and the employees behavior is sometimes based upon how the management treats them. If management treats them like a back burner thats how the employees perform their work duties and customer service. I am guilty myself. When mangement treated me like a piece of ***, I felt like that's the kinda of attitude to have.

For the person that is complaining about her deliveries not ebing delivered the next day, some stores may only have several truck drivers and if they cant get your purchases delivered to you the next day then that means that they are swompped with deliveries and if you are closer to the end of the day delivery then, think about all the deliveries they had that day and take that into consideration.

WE ARE ALL HUMAN, NO ONE IS PERFECT. SO DEAL WITH IT OR YOU WON'T GET ANYWHERE IN THIS WORLD!

By the way, there is just to much hosility in thsi world today and I think everyone needs to take a chill pill and calm down and take into consideration that everyone is NOT perfect.

your honest commentary is quite entertaining and refreshing. Thanks for setting all of us *** straight. on the other hand, go screw yourself

Alright you idiots I work for Lowe's and all customers want to do is *** and complain. You have no idea how many *** *** customers come in with questions that should be answered by a licensed contractor and get pissy when you can't cater to their every need.

Customers suck and I could care less about the people that come into my store. To me it's just a part time job that I could give two *** about. Yes the managers don't give a *** about customers or employees but like I said I don't care either so whatever.

For every store there might be about 3 people that actually care about their job and those people are usually the ones who never went to school or aren't in school. So my advice to you is suck it and quit being a bunch of ***

After all the problems I have had with Lowes, I will never shop there again. Went there to purchase a gas stove, found the one I liked and told the salesman I would like to purchase it. He went off somewhere to check and see if it was available and after an extended wait, he finally came back and said he didn't have it. I asked about buying the store model and he said they didn't like to sell them. I found another one and the same routine took place and they didn't have it either. Finally he agreed to sell me the floor model so I decided to get it. They always advertise next day delivery but I bought it on a Tuesday and it was Sunday before it could be delivered. When writing up the sale he never mentioned an extended warranty but charged me for one anyway which I didn't notice right away. Then when it was finally delivered on Sunday after my having waited all day for it to show up the delivery men were incompent too as I had to tell them how to go about getting it into the house. Also they were supposed to remove the packing materials but didn't. I was so frustrated by all the problems that I finally just sat down and cried. Needless to say I will never buy anything else from Lowes and will tell everyone I know about my experience with them.

:cry

Lyn, you are correct. It should not matter whether the customer is buying a box of nails or a new kitchen.

Every employee deserves courtesy and every cutomer deserves the same. I refer to the person who carries groceries to my car as sir or ma'am. I worked in retail as well as bartending many years ago. Trust me, I know what it feels like to be treated poorly.

When I was told the window measurements could not be scheduled for the same time as the dishwasher installation I did not complain or get upset. I was bugged when the same person showed up both times, rightfully so, eh? I never called to complain. I did not march in waving a wad of cash, I came in looking for merchandise and not only could not find help, was treated badly.

Since I was not a regular customer nobody would have been hiding from me after seeing me. Poor management is poor management. It's pretty bad when you ask to see the store manager and are denied contact completely. I could have gone to the home office but decided it's easier to walk than to ask why this happened.

I think Governor Perry is more accessible than the store manager. It was bizarre.

Never experienced anything like this. You have a nice day as well, Lyn.

I hear customers complain all the time that they are dissatisfied about customer service in any home improvement store. Maybe it has to do with customers comming in and expecting to be aloud to treat the employees like ***...

be rude and obnoxious because you think you can because youre spanding a few dollars in a store. I would never treat people the way that I have been treated by customers.

There are some employees that actually hide when they see customers because they are afraid that if they do something that may not be to the liking of the customer that they will get fired.

I am not saying that every customer is that way, but every employee of home improvement stores would appreciate a little bit of respect, instead of being talked down too and looked down upon.

Have a nice day.

You are absolutely right about not asking floor staff for advice. Lowe's knew nothing about communicating between departments to coordinate home installations.

When I was at Sutherland's the staff was knowledgeable about their product and very professional. I actually did chase down the customers you described and asked questions about the litle renovation project I was doing. Amazing how a polite question to a complete stranger will gain a wealth of information.

I understand if I want to do something I can go buy a book. The lack of professionalism, courtesy, and understaffing altogether at Lowe's in Lubbock was what got me.

I am sorry to hear about your dilema...Piece of advice...Never talk to Lowe's employees. They know nothing of the building trades and lowe's does not want to hire people with knowledge in the trades.

keeps them uneducated and thus allowing lowes to pay them next to nothing. If you need advice when in lowe's look for the guy thats dirty and looks like he had been on a job site, although this guy will never be a lowe's employee but he will have more knowledge than any of the people in that store who used to flip burgers.

Or better yet if you are unsure about your project...Lowe's is absolutely the last place you want to go for info. Better off at your local owned hardware and lumber store...Places like that actually hire contractors and people with experience in the trades...go figure actually hiring people that can help you...Lowe's should pick up on this!

@Brian

Working for Lowes sucks. Customers have god complexes and managers reaffirm their delusions.

Just because you show up right as someone is going on break or is leaving for the day does not magically mean they should be forced to postpone their break or stay later. You should consider yourself lucky that someone gets another associate to assist you so they can leave or go on break instead of just flipping you off and walking away. And don’t act like you are “cool” with someone’s decision to do so and then report them later in an effort to get something for nothing and/or cause problems for the person.

And yes, you are a *** for coming in 1 minute before someone is slated to leave for the day on Christmas eve when they are chomping it to bit to get the *** out of there and go home to their family and ordering a heavy, *** high shelved stove to take with you. Doing this is going to literally cause the person a pain in the *** because they’ll either have to get it down off of a high shelf using dangerous equipment themselves or find someone to do it for them (which can at times be like finding a needle in a haystack), then they’ll be forced to load it into your vehicle delaying their exit by several minutes.

View more comments (12)
Review

Lowes in Brooklyn, New York - Previuosly opened or used tools sold as new.

I recently bought a router and router table because my shaper died and I was fighting a deadline. When I got the items home both boxes had been re-glued shut. Screw heads on the router had sawdust in them and components of the router table had markings on it showing previous assembly. I don't have the time to waste with a store manager. I had to use the tools to finish my project on time. Lucky for LOWES the tools worked. Unfortunately you can't control what customers do, but you should be in control of your own merchandise. S.Sakasitz Bridgewater NJ
smarks

Being an ex-employee of home depot, i know you never assume returned tools are as represented. It just shows laziness on the part of lowes employees to competently due the jobs they're being paid for. But thats the quality of work you get for a bunch of underpaid slackers.

If a box comes back sealed you would expect it to be new. You can't expect a store to unpack every sealed item that gets returned. Unfortunately you got a product some *** used, repacked and returned.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Greensboro, North Carolina - Did not have product

On 4-8-10 I went to Lowes 125 Huffman Mill Rd.Burlington N.C to purchase on SALE 2/$10.00 Knock Out Roses.Needless to say 2 years in a row theyhave been out.I went back and they said they would be in on Tues...went back on Thurs.and was told the truck broke down and they would be in on Friday.So..back to Lowes today 4-17-10 and you guessed it..still they have not recieved the roses.Fortunately a lady named Ruth was on duty and got the Manager Steven and they were very nice and helpful.Now what is your problem?Are you not using a Vendor that can supply what you order.if so you need to change or at least DO NOT ADVERTISE PRODUCTS YOU DO NOT HAVE.I am a PISSED SENIOR .My income does not allow to go to your store 3 times for one item.Burlington has a very good store ..so take care of it. Shirley Dixon ave been out.

shouldn't have to call first? What, does your phone emit electrical shocks when you touch it?

First you complain about having to drive there, and now you're complaining about calling..do you want them to hand deliver the things and plant them for you? I know Steve went to bat for you, but seriously, you don't deserve roses!

You shouldn't have to call first-simple solution-STOP advertising the garbage if you don't have it in stock-Lowe's SUCKS!!! What a bunch of *** in charge there.

to ???

She probably needs her parents permission before using the phone.

What the child writing the letter needs to do is go earlier and learn her lesson from previous experiences, however being a child she is not capable of doing this yet. Perhaps the message will sink in once she reaches the third grade.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Things happen and orders get delayed. You could have saved two trips by simply picking up your phone and calling the store to see if the roses had arrived before making a trip to the store.

View more comments (5)