Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Idabel, Oklahoma - Lowe's "Bad Faith Business pratices"..No Integrity

I purchased a Sam sung refrigerator on 5/30/10 (Memorial sale).(Sherman,TX) I paid $1,999.20 on sale. I was told it was in stock. My husband scheduled to pickup the refrigerator and was there on 6/2/10. He was told they only had one left in stock and they were holding it for someone and tried to talk him into waiting. They sold it to us due to stock available and if they didn't have one we would have purchased one on sale at Best Buy. They offered to refund our money.. However, none of the other stores had theirs on sale. They didn't care and management tried to sale another brand. I purchased the Sam sung for a reason. They told my husband they would let him have the floor model and discounted it due to dents on one side and one on the top of door. The manager told my husband he could only discount $300.00 because of their cost in the refrig. Why would Lowe's accept damaged merchandise from it's vendors. I did "NOT" want the refrig with dents, however, we didn't have a refrig and my husband wasn't going to get the one in stock. I found additional dents on the bottom front door when he brought it home. I spent a large sum to remodel my kitchen. I didn't purchase a damaged product and didn't want it in my kitchen. I didn't purchase it for a cabin it's for my home. Then when my husband brought it home and I found additional dents in the front door. I'm sick!! Lowe's is acting in "Bad Faith business practice". No integrity... They lied to me and my husband and I have spent thousands of dollars in Lowe's. I have remodeled my home, rental property and this is how they treat me. I don't want a damaged refrigerator,(at any price) I want a new one. I don't want it at a discount...Buyer BEWARE! They will tell you anything to get your purchase and after the sale your on your owe.

Lowes had about $1000 in the refrig in question. Discounting denting is nothing new.

If you seen how they were handled, you would know why.

I have bought an $1800 refrig from Lowes for $900 in the past. It was a returned SOS.

Lowe's made it right. They found a new Sam Sung refigerator and delivered and picked up the floor model. :) They told me they wanted to make me happy and would do what ever it took.

I can almost to some tiny degree sympathize with you about how they didn't have your item in stock after you paid for it. I can't imagine you couldn't have waited until it was in stock or go to another Lowes though.

If your husband bought a damaged floor model than that's his fault.

They didn't receive it damaged from the vendor, it was damaged sitting out on the floor with people walking up and kicking it for giggles. Knowing you have it now, I regret not kicking it myself.

What you get for your money at Lowe's isn't worth the trouble. No Cusotmer Service. Take your business to someone who cares.

I recommend if you are thinking of purchasing gift cards for business,friends etc. Do them a favor ... give them cash or Home Depot

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Lowe's lies

My husband and I ordered carpet for our house on Sunday, April 4, 2010, at the Lowe's store in Bloomington, Indiana. We were pleased with our purchase and with Paul Bray, who took our order. On or around April 15, we were told that our carpet would be installed on Thursday, April 22. Although we were paying for the installers to move our furniture, we were told to move everything except for the large pieces of furniture, so I took Wednesday, April 21, off from work to do this. It was a time-consuming task. On the morning of Thursday, April 22, my husband received a call from our installer telling us that our carpet at Lowe's in Bloomington was so damaged that none of it could be installed. It would have to be reordered. When we spoke to the people at Lowe's in Bloomington, we were told many versions of the story. At first, it was strongly implied that the carpet had been delivered damaged. When I asked why the delivery had not been inspected, I was told three different things: First, store employees did not have time to inspect deliveries. Second, store employees assumed/trusted that the supplier would send only high-quality goods and inspection was unnecessary. Third, the carpet had been damaged during shipping. When I mentioned that my family, in their manufacturing business, finds it good business practice to make sure that their customers' goods, upon delivery, are high quality, I was hung up on. During a subsequent telephone call (I believe I was speaking to Guy), I was finally told that the carpet had been damaged at the Lowe's in Bloomington. Apparently, it had been put on some sort of storage rack incorrectly and had been torn when it was being taken down. I had no way of knowing which of the many stories was the truth, and at this point it didn't really matter. No one seemed to care whether we would get our carpet or not. By the way, by this time I had already made a payment on the carpet. We later spoke to our installer, who happens to be a former student of my husband's (who teaches at Martinsville High School). He said that the carpet had not only been put on storage racks incorrectly, but that after it had been torn while being taken off the rack, it was repeatedly run over by forklifts. We were told that our carpet would be reordered and a "rush" would be put on it. We could expect it to be delivered in two weeks, around May 6. Unfortunately, the carpet was not ordered on Thursday, April 22, or Friday, April 23, or Saturday, April 24, or Sunday, April 25, or even Monday, April 26. Because we had moved all of our belongings from our bedrooms, living room, hallway, and entryway, there was nowhere for our daughter to put her belongings when she moved home from college on Sunday, May 2. It was imperative that we have at least the carpet in her bedroom installed by Saturday, May 1. On Monday, April 26, my husband and I went to Lowe's in Bloomington to see if any carpet in stock would be acceptable for installation in our daughter's bedroom. All carpet in stock was very unacceptable. We spoke again with Paul Bray, who was intent upon helping us get satisfaction. At this point we found out that not all of our carpet was damaged and that enough undamaged carpet was available for our daughter's and our son's bedrooms. Our installer agreed to put it in on Saturday, May 1. As we left, Mr. Bray assured us (without our asking) that we would be "compensated" for the delays and other problems we had encountered. Of course, no more has been said on that subject. The remainder of our carpet was installed on Saturday, May 8. Even though most of our furniture was not returned to its place after the carpet was installed, we were happy to finally have it finished. On Tuesday, May 11, a vacuum run over our new carpet pulled up ALL the seams: a long one in the living room, one between the living room and hallway, and each one between the hallway and the three bedrooms. I called the Lowe's in Bloomington on Thursday, May 13. I spoke with three men in the flooring department, all of whom were cursory to the point of being rude. I spoke finally to Guy, who offered neither apology nor sympathy. He only said that he would contact our installer, who would contact us. We have heard nothing since. The seams in our carpet are pulling farther apart, to the point where I do not believe they can be fixed easily. To put it mildly, we are exceptionally displeased with our experience with Lowe's. We still, however, expect to find satisfaction. I believe that the contract we signed assured us that Lowe's would provide quality carpet and quality installation. We await your compliance with that contract.
jeff.zaun

If it is a special order carpet it doesnt even go to the store. It goes straight to the installer.

So your husbands student's story seems fishy.

Other than that. I am very sorry about the issue and I know paul and I want you to know that I am sure he did everything he could.

#209909

The same thing happen to me and my new rug from lowes. I had it three weeks and the seems came apart and its ruined!

View more comments (1)
Lowes Installation
Loss

Refuse to sale to sale 2 stacks of OSB,because we dnt buy our shingles from Lowes

My dad and I went to lowes today,about 3:30. We wanted to buy 4 pallets of OSB"plywood"....Well the store manager said that we cld not,but more then 2 pallets....Well my dad went ahead and bought 2 stacks of OSB..... ABOUT 5:30 WE went bck and i wanted to get 2 stacks of OSB too....Well they refuse again because my dad an I was there earlier,so one guy said to us go talk to the other manager,so we did....Manager came out an said no,I told him that my dad bought the other 2 but i was also wanted 2 buy 2 stacks of OSB,because i am buildin a 32 X 50 building,i need bout 130 sheet of osb....He refuse to sell,because i was with my dad earlier and he said that we didnt buy shingles from Lowes so there for he wld not sell us,none.........said if we wld buy our shingle from lowes then he wld sell us more osb...........also said we was not able to buy no more osb for at lease 1 or 2 weeks.....my dad said he was coming bck tomorrow because we needed more OSB...... AND MANAGER SAID NO,we cld not buy no more.........Our friend said that u bought 2 stack for his house earlier today an was nothing said........also manager said( he as where do u buy ur shingle from we said ABC,,then he said well go buy from them,,we said they dnt sell OSB,,,JUST ROOFING.......he also ask my dad how much money did he spend at Lowes....... after 30 min,he said he wld sell me 2 stacks of OSB,BUT no more for at lease a week or so........

This is the policy everywhere. Get with the times

That's Lowe's for you I spend average $80,000 a year the with my rental houses. I get treated like.

S%$t there .I started going to home depot great service . Winchester VA lowes

any store can refuse to sale anything to anyone...and any quanity. you should really look at the stores purchase and return policy......it states they have a right to refuse and limit quanties.

other people have to purchase also.

read the companies policy before you ***. they are not out there to lye to you.

There is a huge demand for OSB right now, if you haven't noticed it went from around $6.00 up to $14.00 a sheet in a few months. All the lumber yards are demanding more and everyone of them are still on backorder.

The stores that can get it, like lowes for example, are told from corporate not to sell more than 2 to 3 bunks at a time due to limited supply and to also be careful for other or local competitors to try to purchase with their own personal finances other than their buisness accounts. So in a few months when the big lumber mills play catch up and actually catch back up and the supply for plywood and osb are steady and strong the prices should wind down to around $6-$8 a sheet you should be able to go to home depot, menards, or lowes and purchase truck load quanities (15+ bunks) of osb and possibly get a discount.

@?

Work at Lowe's ProServices. Can confirm.

I'm not sure Lowe's could legally refuse to sell one product without the other.

Lowes does not care how much you spent. But i worked at a lowes for 2.5 years and we always had loads of OSB in stock.

It was a hot seller. I would always load stacks upon stacks of OSB onto peoples trailers all the time. Its kind of weird for them to say no. Maybe being that it was on hold for someone.

I dont know. B

View more comments (6)
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Baton Rouge, Louisiana - I purchased a generator from your store in the Cortana Mall ,Baton Rogue LA .no delivery

I purchased a generator from the Cortana Mall in Baton Rogue LA store in June 2009. The store attemped to deliver when I was not at home. I called about delivery and was told "let me check my camera", that was in January of 2010. What is the problem?I have a copy of my check indicating the store cashed the check. There is a problem about the honesty of those working in this store. Please check as to what happened. If you cannot find the generator refund my money.Hopefully, this is nothing more that a mis-communication , not honesty.

LET ME SEE IF I CAN FIGURE THIS OUT.IN JUNE 09 YOU PURCHASE A GENERATOR FOR DELIVERY. YOU CONTACT THE STORE 7 MONTHS LATER TO SAY THE GENERATOR WAS NOT DELIVERED.

IS THIS ACTUALLY WHAT HAPPENED. IF SO ARE YOU KIDDING ME....

Lowes Home Improvements Screwed Me

In early April 2010, Lowes home improvements had a sale on building materials. I bought some of the stuff I needed and told them I would pick it after on or about May 10, 2010. I went back to on LOWES MAY 21, 2010 and wanted to order more material andd have it all delivered.When They looked for my previous order, I gave them their store receipt from my Lowes credit card.The assistant Manager looked on his computer, but could not find my order. He then went to pull out a delivery receipt book to see if my order had been delivered, even though myself and my wife told him we never got the goods.He then proceeded to tell me that someone from their store called me and that I told them I had gotten the order. When I asked what # and what date they called, I was told that I had been contacted on May 13 on my cell phone. I pulled out my cell and pulled up the received calls log for that date and showed the Asst Manager the call log. There was no call from lowes. Anyhow, after 2 1/2 hours we finally got it straightened out, and I placed another order to be delivered on Friday May 28, 2010. When asked I told them a morning delivery would be better. I called Lowes at 6:35 am on the 28th to make sure my order was going to be deliverd. I was told it was on the truck. my wife called me at 11:00am and said the delivery still had not arived, si I told her to call Lowes and talk to the Manager, which she did. She was told that the order was not even on the truck yey and was scheduled for an afternoon delivery. I was pissed when she called and told me the news. I called Lowes What a joke Customer care, the young lady was asked for the Top Person, a VP or otherwise who was in charge of customer complaints, she passed me on to her Supervisor, I advised him that I wanted to speak to the horses mouth not the other end. He finally agreed to put me throught to the Executive offices. Some guy named Brian assured me that either the store manager or the District manager would be in contact with before 5PM. Shock and Surprise, no one called me. I stopped at the store on the way home at 5:10,I was advised that the store Manager was gone for the weekend. Obviously little chumps likee and my $1200.00 plus order doesn't mean *** to Lowes.I have spent about $10k at that store in the last year, but no more. Public BE AWARE, LOWES HOME IMPROVEMENTS DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, they will gladly take your money and then forget about you. Unfortunately at Lowes, Customer service has gone the way of the DINOSAUR, OBSOLETE One Former Pissed off Lowes Customer. PS I cut up my Lowes Credit Card

I was screwed over similarly to that. I ordered two wrenches online to be delivered to their store.

Took them over a month to get it and when I would ask when they were gonna get it they had no clue. Lowes cu s timer service needs a major revamping.

I had a similar problem with Lowes They took me for over 10000 to remodel my bathroom, with tile, plumbing, vanity, toilet, and light fixture, new carpet. The bathroom tile border was crooked, some of the tiles were popping off trhe walls, the carpet was installed with the wrong color, they moved moved back my bedroom set and broke two mirrors behind the headboard.

They refused to come out and fix it.

I was not given a refund. Their worker also cracked a grill on my ac unit.

I think Sapphie could get employee of the year at Lowe's. :zzz :upset :x :(

If Lowe's doesn't want to deliever orders and it takes up so much time, why offer the service? Does Sapphie represent Lowe's?

Perhaps, we understand the true problem now! :p :p :p

Lowe's screwed me too. It must be their training dept.

I can't believe they can find that many employee's or managers to do such a horrible service. It must come from the top down!

Lowe's screwed you... Welcome to Lowe's world.

Yes, they will take your money and the rest is history. However, they aren't the only home center in town. I've marked them off my list....as for the sales ... not sure they have the stock to match the money for the product.

They don't care about you. Buyer Beware??

Buyer take your money down the road. There are companies that will take care of their customers after the sale.

:cry :cry :cry No we DON"T care about you . Doing delivery orders takes up tons of time and effort and is a pain in the a.s.s. Go to Home Depot we DONT WANT YOU IN OUR STORE.

View more comments (6)
Lowes Delivery Service
Loss

Lowes in Elizabethtown, Kentucky - Terrible service in paint department mangement included

my husband dropped me off at Lowes and took our daughter to Wal-mart and then he came back went to the lumber yard bought the lumber to build the deck loaded it came to find me and I am still waiting to get my paint .During this time I have had 3 salesperson to wait on me none finished what they started.So I go to get the manager he comes over to help out never tries to find out what is wrong with assisiting me he does 1gal of paint mixing for me . brings it over never wanting to listen to what I had to say.Is this how customers are to be treat. If so I will be more than happy to go to Home Depot

agrees with no wonder, and what self respecting parent leaves a young child in another store while they shop at Lowes.

I work at Lowes in the Paint department and my customer is a family member to me. I treat them how I want to be treated.

I have found that not all the employees learn the same.

Give the guys a chance and next time do not wait till the last minute to go in and get paint mixed. It takes more than 5 minutes.

Employees follow the example and direction of their leaders (Managers). Don't you get it ...

they don't care about you.

They just work there. Hopefully, they don't change jobs and work for Home Depot.

I've had greate help from the people in the paint department at my local store in Wisconsin.

If you communicate with their salespeople like you write It's easy to see why they couldn't understand what you wanted.

Lowes in Southport, North Carolina - ***-h.o.l.e Lowe's Customers

I am sick and tired of you *** coming in the store. Several of you idiots made me ring up a 4600 delivery order and made me screw it up and on top of that you were rude and made me cry. Why can't you *** go to Home Depot? I don't want any of you here. I hate serving you and smiling a fake happy smile just so I can earn money for kissing you a.s.s.es. You all suck cox. Period. You need to get lives and quit being so *** rude to us all day long.

no loaders johnny popcorn

@shemp

lowes are crazy shemp

I'll laugh my ****ing *** off if anyone actually thinks this is a lowes employee. I'll stick to not going to home depot and playing hide and seek to see if I can find an employee in that *** place that has a clue, and doesnt go running every time a customer looks at him

I'm sorry. Have you ever worked retail?

Obviously not or you would know how rude customers really could be. Complain about anything so you can get what you want. Oh that's right you are the customer. You should be handed the world on a silver platter.

I wish I could video tape some of the customers that come into Lowe's. Actually and retail business. Not just Lowe's.

I love my job. Wouldn't change it for the world, but I do wish the customers would see how *** they really look and sound.

Get a life! If you can't stand the customers, get a job somewhere else!

They made you cry???? How old are you? Five? There are people out here who would jump for a job!

You are a obvious spoiled rotten little *** yourself!

Jerkass! :roll

Review

Lowes does not care about their customers

I ordered carpet from Lowes almost a month ago to be installed in a condo I recently purchased. This has been the biggest battle to get it ordered, delivered and installed. I have been told lies, or told nothing at all, not been informed of delays in the production of the carpet until I called the store. Employees don't call you back or do what they promised. After several weeks of waiting for the carpet I was told I had to choose another carpet and it would be sent out immediately, that's wasn't so either. In fact, it's a week later and they still don't have the carpet. I was told installers were on standby to install the carpet as soon as it arrived but that's not so either. They still haven't installed it and said it will be another week before they can get to it. I am through with Lowes, they got my money, but not again. They absolutely do not care about their customers or give any kind of customer service or strive to make situations like this right. I will close my account with them and go elsewhere.

Lowe's is a joke. It took 25 minutes just to have a couple of keys made.

It was probably sapphie there tat made them. knuckle-dragging mouth breathers.

wow, id be mad too, especially if i already paid them and they kept giving me empty promises like that, how lame!

sapphie your a c-u-n-t. i bet you'd be livid too if you paid for a much needed d-o-u-c-h-e and didnt recieve it.

:cry GO ELSEWHERE. WE DON'T WANT YOU.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Sales associate

I am an employee of Lowes and I found that there is discrimation. I was hired to be a commercial sales specialist. Only to find that I was a cashier/csa. The commercial specialist in my dept. where able to sit around and get upset with me when the call list was not done. I was hired to be an apartment rep by the store manager. After his contract was up (2 YEARS BTW) I was only there for less than. I was sent on my way after filing sexual harrasment charges against my sales manager. Not only did I but others as well. Lost my Job asked for a transfer and denied. Told no job available.
Lowes Manager

Lowes broke my foot

I went into Lowes in LUMBERTON, NC on Jan. 10th. to buy a fan. While my wife was looking at them, I went to look at some lumber for a table. I noticed that the yellow belts were on the floor at both ends of the isle, (where they had been working and had the isle blocked off earlier) I put my hand on the eyelevel shelf for balance to look at a table top below. A giant pressed board 3 feet wide and 6 feet long crashed down on my right foot and broke it completely across. I told the manager and he filed a claim. Today, May 27th they called and offered me 350.00. That won't even pay for the shoes I have tried to wear. My foot will never be the same width again. I went through 3 months of pure ***, and it still hurts today. If you love shopping at Lowes, then by all means do it. But if they hurt you... YOU ARE SCREWED.

You should be glad that they even gave you $350 when they clearly had the area marked off.

I think it was his wife that beat him up and broke his foot, and he is too ashamed to admit it.

Yellow tape should have been a sign to beware. Lowes should make you pay for the damage you caused as well as there pain an suffering for having to listen to an *** cry...

Was talking about the *** who smashed his foot, not the person who wrote the comment :upset

go screw yourself you *** ***

You knocked a board off the shelf and broke your own foot. Now all you see is $$$ signs in your eyes as you run off to see a blood sucking lawyer. It's folks like you that raise prices for the honest folks in the world.

rippedoffhulagirl

No...dont accept the lousy 350 dollars, get an injury lawyer and don't for get to get compensated for pain and suffering too. Having a broken foot is nothing easy to get rid of and difficult to heal.

You are the *** that caused yourself a broken foot. Everything that happened to you was 110% your fault. Good luck trying to sue them!

View more comments (7)