Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes and GE

I purchased a GE washer and dryer from Lowes a year and a half ago. My warrenty was out in one year. One day while washing a load of cloths my washing machine just stopped working. After calling a service company (A GE certified company) to my home, I was told that I needed a motor and a trans. The service company also informed me that the model of machine i have has had problems since it came on the market, he said he has replaced hundreds himself. I was pissed, just like the service man said, there is no way that GE does not know that there is a problem. Did they send out a recall and make it right for the consumer? NO, they did not. The two parts I need cost more than I paid for the machine. So I called GE customer relations and told them how I felt in so many words, they did offer to pay for the parts but not for labor. If i had the machine for 5 or more years then ok but only a year and a half i should not have to pay for anything. I also called Lowes because they sold me this product and they also no there is a problem. Why would u sell your customer a bad product?

I am an appliance manager at lowes, and I must say that it amazes me when customer, like yourself, don't purchase the extended protection plan and then get upset with us because their machine quit working. All associates are trained to inform you that the store warranty is 30 days, and the manufacturer's warranty is 1 year.

Just because mom and pop repair shop says that they have repaired a lot of them doesn't mean that is true.

Quite honestly, you should be thankful that GE was even willing to pay for the parts. Hopefully the next time you purchase a major appliance you will also purchase the extended protection plan, it is a small price to pay for piece of mind.

This is a problem with GE, not with Lowe's. Lowe's agreed to stand behind the product for thirty days when you bought it and Ge agreed to stand behind it for one year.

Lowe's offered to guarantee the product for five years with their extended warranty. You decided to gamble on there not being a problem and when you gamble sometimes you lose.

Review

Lowes in Newark, New Jersey - Joseph saberi i emailed about him and to date no response

i emailed about a district manager about month ago and to date , no response on wht had happened. i like to no why i didnt get a response, cuz he is a lousy district manager with no ways of talking to a consumer who has purchased thousands of dollars from lowes. i would like a response asap it was about a fense i had a contract for and all expunged from computer as i have asked for after measuring for a fene and making a contract it was denied by a phone call saying couldnt do it cuz i had an ing pool that a salesman overlooked
Review

Lowes in Iaeger, West Virginia - *** Eater Ripoff: Will not honor warranty on *** eater

I purchased a Troy-built *** eater from my local lowes store, used the 2-cycle oil that came with the unit, and got less than 15 minutes of run time before it burned out. When I contacted Lowes, I was told they would send it off for repair. After 2 weeks I was told, the unit is too dadly damaged to repair, because the mixture was too lean. Now they want me to pay an additional $45.00 for a unit that is scrap. Customer service at Lowes has deteriorated in the past couple of years to the point that I will drive an extra 20 miles each way to avoid dealing with them any more.

What kind of eater? Obviously it was something nasty or it wouldn't have been censored. What manner of filth are you speaking of sir?

Lowes customer service is better than any other store I have ever worked at we go above and beyond for OUR customers... Especially on returns we are the most leaniant store out of any store!!!!

So ther must have been some thing wrong with the unit!? U have 30 days to return outdoor power equiptment WITH the RECIEPT! If it's over 30 days lowes will not get credit for it so we will have to send it out for repair ... So too much oil was added or not enough ...

Keep in mind at lowes if it's already put together there is already oil added if it's not there is no oil included so therefore u added the wrong oil.... Lowes does not cover customer mistakes

#141930

Learn how to add oil.

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Lousy employee stole fencing sale out from under me.

Went to the Central Oklahoma Lowe's on May Ave on April 12th, 2010 to buy a Vinyl fencing that was on sale. After 10-15 minutes of trying to even find a sales associate and locating the sale item (the worker couldn't even locate it, I had to!) we had to wait for fork lift to be found, and the item to be lowered. No sooner had that happened, another sales associate was with another customer buying the same product. She claimed to already be helping these people. She proceeds to take them 1st to the check out leaving us shorted 2 panels for delivery because she got ahead of me. I was so pissed but, that's not the end of the story. Because my order was shorted, we were to receive the additional panels the next day with the delivery from another store. This didn't happen and my contractor was told that they would be getting them from another local Lowe's and delivering them to my home. This never happened and when I called to speak with the delivery manager, he didn't know what happened, somebody dropped the ball. Matt got an ear full from me and finally arranged to have the additional fence panels brought from another store (which they should have done with the original delivery) the same day when the fence was being installed. The sales associate that helped me did complain to his manager who basically didn't care about what the woman did. Even though I never had this bad of an experience with any home improvement store, I will not be shopping at Lowe's any time in the near future, guaranteed! Spending thousands of $$ didn't buy good or fair customer service period.
Service
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana - The employees need to be trained properly

I went to Lowe's to buy some landscaping timber and a store employee came towards me and instead of asking if I needed help just looked at me and keep on going didn't say too words to me so I finally had to walk around until I found some one and I was told that (I don't work in that area)Which I is fine but the person in question could have called some one who does work in that department on his radio but he didn't and walked off again I was left in the cold so to speak and as much money that I have spent there I figure I should have been able to at least ask some one where the timber was located so I left and went to Menard's and guess what I got treated like a customer instead of a fixture.

You could be correct about what you say

but I still go to Lowes I enjoy shopping

there for what I need I was upset with

the fact this person just looked at me and walked off not with lowes it self and

I dont have a lot of complaints about the

serive nor the people that work there

I guess he must have been on his lunch break but at least he could have pointed

me in the right drection

But its water under the bridge and thank

you for your reply.

The person u probably talked to was new ... Don't judge a store based on a bad apple...

Durring our busy season a lot of employees are trained, but not fully. The 1 or 2nd person should have walked u to a specialist or someone who could help u. I get people who come in my lowes in.

Ohio and say how great the service is compared to home depot. So I guess it's all in who you talk to.

Review

Lowes in Nashville, Tennessee - Have not recieved merchandice purched it has now been over a month I have already made payment

I Carolyn Neff Opened a Lowes account on 4/4/10. I purchased a riding lawn mower & a trailer in the amount of $1624.55 I had to make arrangements to borrow a trailer to pick the lawn mower up.I was told the trailer would be in stock on the fallowing Thursday it still is not in stock .I want the trailer I purchased & I expect to be compensated for the extremely long waiting period I still haven't got the trailer & the customer service give me a run around & could not tell me any delivery date.Carolyn Neff
Service
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Ozark, Alabama - Pissed with custom service

i have paid 4762.32 for windows from your company. i was suppose to get windows install last week which was the end of april. i was told the windows would be install starting may4th. today is may 5th. the worker promise me he would be here at 8:30a.m. 0n may 5th. it is 9:38 on may 5th i have not heard from the wroker yet. i got a call about an hour ago from lowes north in dothan,al. telling me the windows had left the store heading to ozark. no windows as of 9:41a.m.windows was estimated to be completed by 7-16-2010. i ordered the windows on 4-16-2010. it does not take two hours to get to my house from lowes north in dothan,al. Bobbie Anderson ozark,al.36360

are you kidding? you expected work to be done on cinco de mayo?

Why did you have to pay for the job upfront? Or was this just a downpayment?

Did you pay with a credit card?

If so, you have certain rights. Contact your credit card company.

Loss

Lowes in Providence, Rhode Island - Service ***

I went to Lowe's to purchase color stain, poly, and all the tools to go with it. I am using the colored stain in the interior of my home and wanted help chosing a product. I went to the paint counter and the man said to me," you can get help from that man down the isle." I went down the isle and the man said there are colors on the wall and walked away before I could explain. He disappeared!! So once again I asked the not busy man behind the paint counter and he said," can have the other man paged to help you?" while he sweapt the floor behind the counter" I then saw the other man off in the distance and asked him about polys, he says you can choose from what there. DAH I want your help, while he stood there sorting stuff in a carriage. He gives me a look, I said I would like some help. He just didn't want to help me. Home Depot would never do that.

Oh yes they would! Actually, ANY box store today gives the "Deer in the headlights" stare and the "I really don't want to help you" attitude.

Just out of couriosity, were these "ASSociates" young people. or older? That too, will often make a tremendous difference.

I work for Lowe's myself, and I see this same attitudes anong virtually all of the younger workers, whereas most of us older workers do care, and take the time to assist the customer to the best of our ability. But again, I am witness and victim of, this SAME attitude in just about ANY store I shop at nowadays.

Loss

Lowes in Greensboro, North Carolina - Records Retention Department

After numerous emails and phone calls trying to obtain a receipt for a purchase over 1500.00 in 2006, I am getting nothing but the run around. I am trying to determine if there was an extended warranty purchased with the appliance. It was a gift, and I do not have the receipt. They asked for the same information so many times and then come back and say they need the very same information again. All I want is a copy of the receipt. It shouldn't be that difficult. Lowe's should hire people who finish high school, in my opinion.
#203809

Oh No. I am going to contacat the records retention dept.

to see if I can get a copy of a receipt for May of '07.

I purchased a Genie garage door opener and they will not honor the lifetime warranty unless I provide a receipt.

The receipt has faded as it is 3 years old. If I can not get a copy, I am truly out of luck.

el tigre: you are rude, crude and socially unacceptable. Learn to spell also.

yes, just because you bought the toilet tissue at a particular store, does not mean that that particular store has to come to wipe off your ***. have some morals, some decency, some sence of responsibility.

Dufus,

Lowe's was provided with the exactdate of purchase, the date it cleared the bank, the amount of purchase and store number.. I got this information from the credit card company, so yeah um.. its the right date. All were things they asked for to research it.

If the law requires as you suggest retaining records (paper copy) for 5-7 years for instance, then this is well within the time frame and finding this info even in paper with this amount of information should NOT be too difficult. Moreover, CRS associates should know what the policy is about record retention, so customers will not be given false hope and or sent on wild goose chases. If Lowe's policy is to not keep records but for 3 years, then tell the CRS associates. It's not rocket science.

In defense of Tyrone.. the item was in fact purchased at Lowe's. Maybe you did not see my original post? Anyway, I'm still waiting for a response. I will report any GOOD things that happen with this.

Paula,

if only it worked that way. you are assuming that the electronic records go back that far, often times retailers don't keep electronic records back that far because someone has decided that the cost of the disk space is too much and they still have the paper record as required by law (5-7 years usually). Secondly can you remember the date you bought something 4 years ago that you don't have the receipt for? you do realize that any date you give will most likely be wrong right? this of course means that the most likely search is in fact a hand search through stacks of paper +- a couple days of the guessed purchase date, so although no they are not searching through millions of receipts, hundreds or thousands is significantly likely.

Tyrone, this assumes that the item was in fact purchased at Lowes as you were told it was, memory is sketchy ... I have seen ppl insist vehemently that they purchased *KENMORE* (sears house brand) appliances at Lowes. I work at a box store (not lowes thankfully) to pay for my university education, I have had customers complain about something that I somehow sold them 2 years before I started there.

All this to say that it is not always as simple a task as tyrone and paula believe it is.

to ???: If the transaction is narrowed down to the date of purchase, the amount, the date the item cleared and the store location and number, it's just a matter of a few key strokes entered into a data base. They are not literally 'going thru millions of transactions' to find one line by line, page by page as they would in 1900.

I feel it is their responsibility to come up with the receipt, because they said that the could. :) In the year 2010, the request is possible.

You are right about expectations, never have those..you'll always be disappointed.

Why is it their responsibility to come up with a receipt from 4 years ago. If the person who purchased the item can't keep track of a receipt don't expect a retailer to go thru millions of transactions to find one for you.

View more comments (7)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes lied to me

My wife checked at Lowes on the availability of an extension for a 21" sun tunnel and was told by that they were a special order item. She wanted to check with me before she ordered and was told that the order could be called in when she got home. Subsequently, I called the store to order the item and was told that Ken in millwork would call me within 1/2 hour to get all the pertinent info so that the extension could be ordered. This was about noon on May 1st (Saturday). On Sunday at about 9 AM I called Lowes and was told that the gentleman who was supposed to have called me would be at work at 1 PM. The person that I was talking to at that point took all the information needed to order the item and said that it was taken care of and I would be called when the item came in. I then talked to a store manager to see if he could find out why I had not been called the previous day. Some time after 1 PM when Ken came to work and called me to apologize for the missed communication and said he had mistakenly missdialed my number twice and left a message both times. Out of curiosity, I called the number that he said he had dialed and left the messages. The number was not even in service. I then again called the store manager to pass that bit of info on. I guess Ken lied to both he and I. The manager, of course has not had the courtesy or the guts to call about this situation. kbsj

May I ask what number you were told to call? As a former employee of this Company, your answer could prove interesting.

Take my advice....ignore the people on here who leave crude comments instead of discussing the true issues.

After six years of service, I got tired of the 'Management by Belittling' manner in which the Company chooses to utilize.

This comment is for Bighorn only. Good Luck!

Irish

Do you have anything to do besides critizie people and be rude and condencending?

maybe you gave the wrong number. Honestly you should go over your phone number with a parent memorize it.

What if you got lost and you gave the wrong phone number to the police officer helping you. Remember the stranger safety rule only go to police officer, store personnal, parents with children for help.

Did this really happen or are you just trying to get Ken fired because he slept with your wife.

View more comments (2)