Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Denver, Colorado - Paint colors don't match

I've had 2 instances of Valspar paint not matching. In the first instance, I bought a gallon of paint at store A. After doing all the trim and 3 of the walls, I ran out of paint. Went to store B for gallon 2. Finished job but when it dried, it didn't match gallon 1. There was a significant difference in shades. Took some pictures, went back to store 2. They agreed paint did not match but suggested that I go back to store 1 since they sometimes have "tinting issues". They mixed the paint at store 1, didn't charge me. I applied gallon 3 to a small area...it matched gallon 2. Instead of fighting them, I repainted all the trim and the other 3 walls. Lots of extra work but it looks great. Instance 2. This time I bought 2 gallons to paint a room of smaller size than first room. Even though I was painting over white walls (with a light yellow paint), one coat was not enough. I only had about 1 quart left after one coat. When I ran out, I bought the 3rd gallon. Guess what??? It, too, doesn't match the first 2 gallons and this time I went to the same store (they even used the same machine). I don't know who to turn to or what to do. Any suggestions?

this is in regard to comment #1: If I wanted someone to show up half drunk and not finish the job, I would call my Uncle Ricky

Why is it that everyone thinks it is easy to paint?? I make more money fixxing other peoples mistakes than it would of cost them to have a pro do it right the first time around.So why not man up and stop blaming everyone else for your lack of knowledge??

#207827

On the other hand you may have experienced by the effect known as "picture framing". This sometimes occurs when you cut in a room then come back later to roll and the colors do not match from drying at different times. Always try to cut and roll so the paint dries evenly and you get a more uniform appearance.

#198234

Allways, Allways, Allways buy enough paint for the job, you know what buy more than your expecting mix it all togther and at the end you have at least some left over for touch up down the line

I am going to use your story to share with customers about why I ask them, when buying more than one gallon of paint, same sheen and color, to, when they are half way done with a can of paint, to go ahead and mix another half from another can in OR to out all gallons in a five gallon bucket and stir it. I always suggest this and ask clarifying questions to better understand what each situation is calling for.

I am sorry you went through that tough experience.

It wasn't Valspar's paint that had the issue; it was just not enough information given to you.By now, I am sure you have the painting technique down. :) I hope your other experiences there are much better.

Always buy enough paint to do the entire job at once. Paint tint machines are calibrated and purged daily this can cause a slight variable in color.

Also lot numbers from the factory can vary as well. So if you dont buy enough expect the possibility of doing another coat

1st, always buy enough paint to do the job. 2nd, read the directions on the can.

The directions will tell you to intermix multiple cans to assure a color match. There are a lot of reasons the colors from 2 cans don't match. There may be variations in the tint base from one lot to the next.

There can be variations in the colorants used and lastly the machine dispensing the colorants may be off a few drops of colorant. This may be an expensive lesson but go out and buy enough paint to do the job right.

View more comments (6)

Lowes in Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Lowe's port chralotte appliance manager

On friday 2/26/10 we went Lowe's appliance dept.the employee's in the area said we need to talk to the manager This man's name is Chris. He left us & another couple waiting while he talked to 2 female employee's for 35 to 40 min. at the front desk Even after being paged twice.We know own a front load washer & dryer from Brandsmart & saved 300 dollars. I wander how the other couple did. Thank for *** me off Chris. Maybe next year Lowes can give this man some time off around tax return time so the company can take advantage of the peoples returns John P Needham
Review

Lowes dont talk about jesus in ther box

was talking about Jesus in a private conversation was terminates but heard others talking about driving home drunk satin worship one guy was selling drugs right out of the store to other employees. so since they don't like Jesus in there box its company policy but all the rest is OK ill go some where else.they didnt put me into the position hired for it was supposed to be full time but turned into part time. then i ws supposed to be in gardening at a higher payscale.ended up they put me in back of truck unloading frieght.

*** satin worshippers. Cotton is the one true fabric, don't be deceived.

#119441

Tom, you inane comment was a personal attack and had nothing at all to do with the issue. You need to go buy some spray paint and get back to taggin alleys

#119420

FIRST OFF YOU CANT EVEN EMAIL OR TYPE LOOK @YOUR COMMENT PLAYA!!! AND YOU WANT HO TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLEY YOUR JUST AS F____D UP WITH THE REST OF THEM,LAY OFF THE SAUCE PLAYA

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Portland, Maine - Discrimination

Hello everyone, my name is Mike Lewis and I would like you to help me with boycotting Lowe's Home Improvement centers because of the discrimination my brother went through with Lowe's that I personally witnessed at the store in Bowie Maryland, from the manager at that store. Over six months ago I received over 300 emails from friends and family from all over the country telling me not to shop at Costco over the incident of the baby black doll that had a hat on calling it the "little monkey" and since that time, I and my family have closed our accounts with Costco. In December of 2008 my brother went to use a friend's credit card at Lowe's that he had been using for years to buy items to help do handyman work and he was denied the use of the credit card but to make things worse the Manager of the Bowie Lowes store treated him in a very prejudice and discriminating way. I happen to walk in the store a few minutes after my brother was humiliated and he explained what happened. I gave my credit card to my Caucasian buddy, we will call him Mr. H, and he proceeded to buy a much pricier item with my credit card with nobody stopping HIM from making the purchase with someone else's card. I then proceeded to where the manager was and told him what happened and asked him why my brother was denied yet my friend was not. The manager was rude and disrespectful and made prejudiced references to my brother "getting caught" as if my African American brother was doing something wrong, yet my white friend was not treated the same way. I called him on what happened with my white friend, as in that nothing happened, he was not stopped and the manager just waved it away as if that was Ok. Like I told the racist Lowe's manager at the time, that it's 2008 and it's a shame we are still being treated this way and he proceeded to kick us out of the store, "his" store he said. My brother's lawyers filed a 10 million dollar law suit against Lowes over this incident in Federal court and after a long time frame a very small payment was made to him to shut him up. At the deposition for my brothers case, I was asked if I had ever been arrested or been fired from a job, but they didn't as Mr. H these questions. I received a document from Loews wanting my brother's wife and me to sign off on the suit case that my brother had against them, for us to agree that "Lowe's expressly denies that it discriminated against Lewis" yet "Lowe's acknowledges that its former store manager could have responded to the December 21, 2008 complaint made by Lewis" "more constructively", yet Mr. H. who was also there and witnessed everything was not asked/told to sign off on the law suit. I refused to sign the Lowe's document and my brother's wife also refused to sign because she wasn't there and I was also just a witness in the suit case that my brother had with Loews. Lowe's does not want anyone to spread the news that they discriminate. If Lowes did nothing wrong, it is amazing that a year later that no one involved with this discrimination case from Lowe's, works at that store in Bowie anymore, how convenient. Lowe's has a history of discrimination and if you need more proof, you can Google "Lowe's discrimination" and see the cases and issues that others have had with Lowe's. I ask you to please support local "Mom and Pop" hardware stores or go to Home Depot and NOT to shop at Lowe's because they treat minorities with bigotry and discrimination. This is the year 2010 and we should not put up with discrimination, racism and bigotry from any company, any organization or anyone. Also, please call, write or email Lowe's Corporate Headquarters Lowe's Customer Care P.O. Box 1111 North Wilkesboro, NC 28656 1-800-445-6937 customercare@lowes.com and complain about the discrimination that their company practices and tell them that you will not stand for this type of behavior and that you will NOT shop at any of their stores till Lowe's acknowledges the discrimination and bigotry issues, Lowe's employees must all take diversity training sessions on how to treat minorities and that they donate Ten Million dollars to Bowie State University to go to minority students. Thank You all for your support against bigotry, prejudice and discrimination.

The University of California system (higher education system) has the same problems with discrimination. Although the state legislature allows such discriminatory behavior, there has been no motivation to correct it.

The only time that these issues are addressed is if there is public challenge to their policies (i.e., it was no mistake that Donald Sterling's contribution to UCLA was returned after his racist rants were discovered. It was only returned due to the public scrutiny and UC's referral to policies that are not worth the paper they are written on that caused UCLA to make the decision to decline the money hoping to separate themselves from the culture of racism that they know exists.)

Parents, students and people of color should not believe that UC and specifically the Office of the President, care about people of color in their organization.

What goes around comes around. To all the blatant racists who have previously posted and the ones that will surely follow.

Karma. Hope you enjoy it.

All cashiers don't do their job right, if the customer hasn't signed his card or if the name doesn't match (Name "helen" for instance and it's a dude), they should check for ID. Doesn't matter if they're white, black, or green.

On a side note putting "check for ID" is a total waste of time, if your card gets stolen do you really think the thief will keep that on?.. All you need to erase it is basic alcohol.

I loved the "Little Monkey" doll. I've got it hanging around somewhere.

It is illegal to use someone elses credit card. And if your "white" friend got away with it but your bro got caught then it sucks to be him. Two wrongs don't make a right. On my credit card it says ask for ID, rarely does that ever happen and that is a concern.

You strike me as the type of person that if your brother got killed holding up a jewelry store, you'd sue the jeweler for discrimination as well.

Frivolis lawsuits cost customers money in the end due to the cost of lawyers etc. and the rising costs of the items we buy.

@Oh my God

People should pay for discrimination. Maybe then it would stop.

You totally miss the point. The story has nothing to do with his brother robbing anyone.

It has to do with a white man having privileges not shared by a black man. Are you for real or are you just ignorant?

:cry been a employee for there 8 years and seen all the abuse dicrimination, sets ups ect-- the place is like the game surviour :(

#198634

your brother priobably did steal the credit card no way some black person can afford to spend as much as he did without stolen money.

#198377

Couple questions: Did your white friend go through the same cashier as your brother? Because the first one actually did the right thing.

Your brother is a stranger to that person as is the person who's name is on the card and if someone came into a store with my credit card I would much appreciate if they questioned that it wasn't me. The person who let your white friend do it was actually the one in the wrong. And also....10 million? Are you kidding me?

Even if you got the court to case they wouldn't make anyone pay that much for something that can easily be drawn out as inconsistent implementation of procedure (as I have just done above).

Sad to say but nobody is going to boycott big box stores because when it comes down to the end of the day the majority of us need the cheaper products and that's who offers it. We asked for it.

Don't even consider working for any Lowes. Discrimination everywhere - they could care less about their employees.

Zone managers sleeping with anybody and everybody. Shut up

and do your job and they will still find something to "write you up" for

I worked at Lowe's in Knoxville, TN. The store manager is female, hr manager is female, most of management staff is female.

I was denied 13 times on transfers to other departments because "You don't have any experience in that dpt". I showed up for work every day, answered questions my fellow employees could not, could tell any customer where ANYTHING was, but "I didn't have any experience". I complained to corporate just to have the store manager tell me I did the wrong thing, and, if I did that again it was grounds for termination.

I stayed on for a month longer and took my happy but to a better job. Good employees are hard to find, go to Lowe's 486 and you'll see that *** is not something you just step in, it's the type of employee you'll encounter when you walk in the door.

I know that employees are taught in training never to discrimminate. However, as an employee I have witnessed blatant discrimmination and retaliation directed towards co-workers and myself. HR usually buries any compaints, then labels the person a trouble maker. Then they harass and taunt the person until they quit.

For example in my store, hispanics are given preferential treatment because the second in command is hispanic. All full-time employees are supposed to have open availability but hispanics in my store decide when they are going to work. If they don't like you, then they complain to the Operations Manager and she changes your schedule to something totally undesirable. I have had this happen to me and I am a manager. A hispanic employee does not feel that I should be off on any weekends so she complains and they change my schedule and call me in on the weekend.

Yet I was reprimanded for missing one hispanics weekend off on the schedule that I make (we are only supposed to have one per month) and she had already had one off two weeks before. As retalliation, I was called in on my Sunday off at 5am and the store does not open until 8am.

Ziggy, The LAWYER decided the sum, not the brother and it was never about the money. Lowes had a racist manager that treated a black person with disrespect ahd humiliation while letting a white person do the same thing.

The credit card thing was only the symptom of the problem and the problem was BIOGOTRY, Prejudice and racism. Most of those on this that posted negative posts, don't get it or are racists too....

Was your card signed? Cashiers are required to ask for ID on credit cards that are not signed, as we have nothing to match the signature to. There are many other retail chains that require ID on all credit card transactions.

The customers seem to get more upset when we do things to protect them (and our store) from fraud. I've had a customer walk around the counter and get in my face screaming at me because I asked for ID. That said person told me that it was against the law to ask to see their ID.

I personally have my signature as well as check ID on the back of all my credit/debit cards. I have also been thanked by MANY customers for asking for it.

I'm sorry that you feel that this is discrimination, but I'm sure that the cashier you dealt with just wasn't doing their job.

Do I understand this right - you're upset because you were not allowed to break the law by using someone else's credit card? Interesting.

BTW, you never mentioned what race the check-out person was. I'm sure now that we've asked that the answer will be obvious, but you gotta figure when folks are being paid close to minimum, you get what you pay for.

And since you weren't allowed to break the law, it's all Lowe's fault. Dude you will be laughed out of court if it even get's that far.

TYPICAL!

#122002

Stop crying and MAN UP !

#119745

Yeah who would have thought that people are trying to sue a 4 billion dollar a year company. Im sure that home depot or the local hardware store has never done anything like this. You know the one that pays people 7.50 an hour wont hire black people, women, or mexicans..

#119480

Thanks everyone for your comments. I think it’s great that we can have a conversation without anyone getting ANGRY.

Yes, I do agree that the manager handled this situation wrong. However, as I mentioned this issues was handle wrong doing the deposition why did they ask me and my brother if we were every arrested ETC? The questions, were inappropriate.. Also, my brother showed the manager receipt of previous purchases that he had made using Mr.

H credit card. Also, if you Google Lowes this is not the first case involving discrimination.

P.S my brother has a good job. Thanks, Mike

#119437

I agree with the other comments. How can you sue someone because they refuse a credit card from someone that is using someone else's card. You should be more upset at the person who accepted the white person's card and not upset at all for the refusal of your friend's card because that transaction was done per policy...not per profiling.

#119400

Honestly, every cashier doesn't follow the rules and the ones that do usually *** the customer off. This situation has nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin.

It has to do with the manager on duty and the cashier working at this time. I'm a cashier at Lowe's and have encountered this situation quite often. It is Lowe's policy and many other stores policies. I don't understand why you are so angry.

You wouldn't be so mad if someone had stolen your card, took it to a store and tried purchasing merchandise but the cashier checked their i.d.

and refused service. So, I guess on behalf of the manager and cashier I can say your welcome and next time bring the card holder with you so that you do not encounter any problems.

#119368

Did Mr.H go to the same cashier you brother did? If not perhaps this might be a case of one cashier doing her job properly and making sure the card is being used by the owner and another cashier who wasn't doing her job and protecting the card holder.

#119337

I guess since u didnt receive the 10 million, your brother will have to get an actual job now instead of using someone elses card. If the cashier did their job right, NO-ONE but the card holder can use the card!!!

View more comments (21)

Lowes is useless and so is there Extended Warranty

Took small Tiller and extended warranty paperwork in November 2009 to the Lowes I purchased it from in Shelby, NC. Manager told me where to go to get it repaired which was an hour from my house. I told manager Lowes must send the tiller for repair. First repair took 2 months and of course wasn't covered by the warranty and plus, the thing wasn't even fixed. Lowes sent second time for repair which took 2 more months and you guessed it, repair wasn't covered by warranty. Finally, since I haven't heard from Lowes in several weeks, I called today and they said it's ready. I will go tonight to pick it up and can't wait to see what the cost is and if it's even fixed!

Our bussiness are the way they are because ppl like you!!!

You pretended bring back something you had over 30 days or more???? Plus NO receipt :eek

Of course these people who complain that the extended warrenty doesn't work, are the same people who mis-use the product and then cry its not fixed. Read the terms and conditions people, its that simple.

You hit a rock in the yard it's not covered.

You use the item for commerical use, it's not covered. You have your handi man take it apart and try to put it back together, it's not covered.

Why would anyone want to sell products with small engines? Too many people don't understand you need to use fresh fuel and oil in the engine.

They don't follow the simple directions and then blame the retailer when the manufaturer won't pay to fix something they screwed up. You don't see lawn mowers at Target any more do you?

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Winter Park, Florida - Seeking employment with Lowe's

Seeking employment with Lowe's. When applying for employment, I tried to acquire a four digit number and could not acquire one. I did not fine a four digit number when my cell phone rang. What can I do about this situation? My e-mail address is phil_boone18@yahoo.com. Please reply when you have time. I would appreciate it. thanks, Phil Boone. Would like to stay with the company 10yrs or more and just make a life time career out of my position. Again thanks for your help. I have been inside lowe's and i like the enviroment and I would enjoy working with the people.

Phil, you'd be better off going to school than waisting your time looking for a job in retail. Learn to spell and they might look at your application.

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Sell items they don't have

The Pico Rivera (CA) store sold us 630 pieces of tile of which they only had 300. We bought about $700.00 worth of tiles and only received half of what we bought. We where assured we get the rest the next day and guess what happened the next day? We waited over an hour before we said forget it, give us the money back. The customer service was horrible, we waited long enough to read the badges of about 8 employees, 2 managers pass us by. After the hour we figured the never had the rest of the tile we bought it was all lie. Somebody just figure they make a 700.00 dollar sale before closing.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ..... Don't go back, I'd rather pay the extra tax for a good old fashion Ace store anytime.

Loss

Pictuers taken by lowes employee

i work at lowes and was under the impression when ur working ur suppose to work.also that no pictures are to be taken of the inside of lowes for security sake .well not only are pictures posted on facebook of the whole store of management,unsuspecting employees but lets just not work just walk around and take pictures he doesn't have to work in returns or on register because he doesn't like it .depending on who is head cashier .but still the time to take all of these pictures these are not the lowes store2223 mech.pa.17050 his name is james taylor thanks

Lowes in Albany, New York - Lowe's botched installed tile job

We paid Lowe's to install a rather large tile job in our home after we expereinced a toilet back-up and flood. Neeldess to say, after 4 months the tiles began popping up as the temperature changed outside. All of the tiles on the whole job are now either loose or make a crunching egg shell sound as you walk acrossed them. Lowe's has been in to examine the job with their installer and is now refusing to repair the installation stating there is moisture in the floor and that is why the warranty is void. They popped up 2 tiles in different areas an stated they took a moisture reading of 90%. I am not sure how this is possbile? There is no water anywhere to be found. We now have our lawyer involved and are preparing for legal action.
#119340

I suggest more fiber in your diet in the future to prevent these horrible backups. By the way, if you back your car into a tree and the bumper falls off, its not the autoworkers fault ***!!!

Loss

Lowes sold me broken, returned, appliances TWICE

I bought a glass cooktop at Lowes. It was advertised as a display model, with a good discount. So I bought it, when I got it home I noticed that... A. It had been installed in someone's house (poorly wired plug hanging off the end with exposed wires) B. The seal on the glass top was not sealed, meaning water or whatever could get into the guts of the thing from the side. I went back to Lowes, raging mad, and was shut up with a free warranty repair and $75 off the price. When the service guy arrived a week later, he told me that it could not be fixed, but had to be sent back to the factory to be repaired with an entire new top. Back to the store it went. BY now I am trying hard to be cool, and my oven was used up, so I figured they wouldn't gripe if I bought a new oven too. I practically had to BEG to get one of the young men to go through the catalog with me. ( catalog, because, to my surprise, the cutout sizes are different for almost EVERY brand cooktop!) I ordered one that cost more than I was comfortable with, but it "fit the hole". fats forward. After the solid work schedule of the holidays, I got a Handyman to come and install this thing. I opened the box, and found the wires twisted, the stickers peeled half off, and THE FREAKING GLASS IS CHIPPED!. I have been sitting (not literally) on this thing for 2,1/2 months waiting . I was scared because I am clearly outside the 30 day return window, and figured I would have to eat it and pay for the repair, or beg for help. When I called Frigidaire, I gave them my serial number, and the girl comes back and says.."are you sure that's the right number, we check, yes it is. She then tells me that THAT unit was declared "scrapped" and was supposed to have been destroyed. NO. I assured her, it was sold to me as a new, special order, from Lowes at FULL PRICE. Something is fishy at Lowes, folks. That is the second in a row (2 for 2) cooktop that I bought there that was not only a customer return, but a seriously damaged customer return. I called corporate and told them no remedy was sufficient except a full refund of my money and closing of my Lowes account.
#1519781

Me too. Bought a brand new floor model fridge and it turns out somebody had already disassembled and messed up the icemaker.

@redhatgal - Same thing happened to me recently. I ordered 4 kitchen appliances and washer and dryer. When they delivered the appliances supposedly they have to open the items and check it at the site for liability purposes. After supposedly 2 people checked the items... they bring me a used washer, manufactured defect Fridge and a dented stove. On top of that the delivery guys assured me it was new product but removed the covers in the back of the truck like I’m a two year old that doesn’t understand what is going on. The only item that weren’t opened was the dishwasher and the microwave which was opened in front of me and surprise surprise the microwave and dishwasher were NEW.

Prior to the shipment I called and talked the manager at the store and he assured me that he personally picked the items. Yeahhhh picked the returned and defective to be sent to my house. Also don’t bother talking to store assistant manager because they have all the excuse in the book.

I went straight the District Manager/Marketing Manager and she is going to resend the appliance and also mentioned if they can’t delivery new items that I could take my business elsewhere. I demanded the stuff not be opened until it’s in my house and to not to waste my time/energy or their time. I will see what happens....

BEWARE other Lowes costumers when purchasing any appliance demand the item be opened in front of you and don’t bother trusting the third party delivery guys either because everyone is working together. This is not like a 2 dollar item that you should be cool about it ...I paid for new items… how hard is it to deliver that???

#119417

"anonymous"..... are you insane??

did you even read my complaint? I took my issue straight to the manager, BOTH times.

Bad luck??!! you must be kidding.

you are just the mindless sock puppet that Lowes needs.

That is just their attitude, "sorry, we dont know how that could have happened" bad luck indeed, Bad merchant is more appropriate :(

#119415

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?? "I work at Lowes"....

when I return the ITEMS, both times to the store, I returned them to the store manager, and showed them the damage.

Perhaps you failed to even read my complaint. Do they pay you to spout such nonsense?? "Bad Luck"! I pride myself on being aware, I do product research, and choose every appliance, TV, vehicle based on reviews , recalls, service issues, and price.

The fact that, after doing the footwork I was sold ***, BROKEN *** by Lowes, infuriates me to no end!and like a sock puppet you defend them? I bet you fit right in to that bunch of mindless drones :(

#119401

You sound like you have bad luck. I work at Lowe's, specifically the return desk, and many of the customer's who return things say they are not broken or used.

Many times the cashiers are unable to tell whether or not the product is broken. This happens at many retailers sorry to inform you.

back from customers without receipts and put it back on shelves

I reather pay a little bit more at other hardware stores but get quality

View more comments (5)