Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Sterling Heights, Michigan - Playground price problem

I have been looking at a play structure in the parking lot at Lowes. The sign said, buy this display new ones on way. So I went inside to purchase it. Low and behold, Lowes really doesn't sell that one themselves so you have to call the 1-800 number. I called Hartland and was told that the play structure was not for sale and that Lowes messed up with the signage for it. Lowes said that Hartland put the wrong sign up.. So as of this posting, I still haven't been able to purchase it..whats up Lowes

Hope you enjoy playing on your playset.

after a few more calls, one to the local tv station, I finally got the playset for the price that was posted on it. Apprently, Lowes has only so much control over the sale of playsets that are not owned by them..so thank you channel 4 and thank you to the manager at my local Lowes for taking care of this problem...

I think they need your parents to make a huge purchase, they should have been honest with you upfront.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Monticello, Georgia - Lawn Sprinkler Pump Model R20L/2HP

Howdy! I'm very, very pleased w/my purchase of exactly 11yrs ago today from the Lowe's Store in Augusta, GA; had to go to the VA Medical Ctr that day and purchased my Model R20L/2HP. Today when I put all my system back in service, the gasket blew on the pump. I need repair kit RPK-20LS for the R20L please, like yesterday!!!! I'm a 74yr old Great-Grandpa who served his country 7yrs on active duty in the '50s. Many thanks and God Bless. B. M Pennington, 113 Bot Tet Rd., N.W., Lake Sinclair, Milledgeville, Ga. 31061-6709. Phone or FAX:(478)968-5904. Again, I'm not pissed! I'm very pleased w/11 yrs trouble-free performance and the GE Motor is doing great.
Review

Lowes in South Bend, Indiana - Lowe's Warranty SUCKS they honor nothing!!

I purchased theh extended warranty for my whirlpool refrigerator..my town has bad sulfur water, sooi specifically asked the sales associate will the extended warranty cover sulfur damage, he said of course. Now we have never used the icemaker, not a single drop in the unit and the piping inside the refrigerator that runs the freon through it is erroding, the service tech says "Sulfur in the air" is corroding the pipes and causing them to leak. Lowe's considers this "Accidental" damage and won't honor the extended warranty. I went into a Lowe's in a completely different state thinkin mebbe my lowes techs don't know what the warranty actually covers, and the other tech said the exact same thing that an extended warranty will cover sulfur damage.. So either the techs dont know what their talking about OR the service center is just out to rip people off.

U need an incoming water fillter...then get a new fridge stop complaining don't blame lowes... So someone told u the wrong thing get over it...

It's like u wanted the warrenty cause u knew u had the problem and wants someone else to pay for it.. Warrentys aren't for stupidity!!!

U really need to get that sulfur problem fixed... Or it will errode all ur plumming and appliances...

Do u really expect lowes to cover something that will just keep happpening if u don't fix the real problem .., I can totally see y they won't fix it and u shouldn't be complaint about something that's ur fault !!! Don't blame lowes blame ur self for being cheap u knew u had this problem and didn't want to get fixed obviously it's pretty bad if ur new appliance went :p

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes messed up another sale

I bought cabinets , changed my mind and got a return for the same amount I spent, Lowes called me and said "They refunded me too much" and they were going to hold my new order until I pay the difference of 200. I called the store manager who talked in circles and I got no where so I called corp office who says I need to work with the store manager, I would rather beat my head against a wall than deal with them! swift warning DO NOT SHOP AT LOWES they are trying to rip me off 200 and this is not the first time this has happened with the Lowes in Allen Park, MI
Loss

Lowes refuse to honor their claims

I was on the market for a new washing machine. lowes' sale rep convinced me on one of the GE model for $599, guaranteed to be the lowest price on the market, and offering me 10% off if i applied a lowe's credit card. After I bring back with Home depot advertised model(the same model) for $ 100 less, lowe's sale rep told me that he can match the price only, and 10% off with credit card application wont be available. The funny thing is that they even had this AD stating that 10% off to beat any other local store price on the same model. Lowes's sale rep refuse to honor it at all.
#1202945

Read the fine print. Price matching happens in everyday prices, not sale prices.

And most stores state that they will only beat the price match by a percentage if asked to do so by the customer. And if they do comply with that, they can no longer do the discount when opening a store card because the system will not let stores stack discounts.

go where you think you're treated right and stop whining

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Billings, Montana - No understanding

I don't understand how you can have such a cold haeart I finally get to pay off my credit card after my son dying and then you take my credit away after I was intouch with youin all this time. keep your card and I will not shop or spend my cash at lowes ever. I know I'm only one little person. But it will hurt you in a small way and that all that matters. I will just shop at home depot now.My son died and I had to pay for all of services u see

Lowes in Billings, Montana - Give a human a chance

I just wanted to let you know that you should not close someones account when they have tried very hard to make paymebnts. My son died of a lighting strike here in billings mt. On july 4th 2009. I had to pay fpr everthing. So i let Lowes know and paid what i could. as soon as I got my card paid off you closed my account. Shame on lowes. If I cantget my card back I will never shop there again.Even if you start me back out at 300 and giveme chance. my credit wasgood until myson died.

Say No To Lowes and Extended Warranty

Bought a Whirlpool washer and dryer 18 months ago from Lowes and at that time we purchased the extended warranty ($189.00). The washer has something in it that causes it to grind (coin maybe). So we called thinking someone would come and take apart and repair. The warranty company sent a repairman and after observing said he could not take apart because it would default the warranty. They said we should have emptied our pockets and that it is our fault and not covered. I thought that is what we take the warranty/insurance for? Never again will I purchase anything from Lowes or the extended warranty.

bottom line, wash your keys in the toilet like anybody with half a brain.

Ms. Right; You are the smartest of us all, Congrads to you.

me; There are a lot of things not covered under warranties but as a consumer if they want your business back they will work with you on a resolve. You need to just keep buying from Lowes and good luck to ya, I am sure they would never ***.

Josh; After my first post the washer is still in service and said they found a key or something. I do understand and read the warranty but I think that if you pay that much for the service I got from Lowes, Warranty, Whirlpool that someone should have went to bat. I would be more understanding if it was 5 years old.

I asked Whirlpool why would they design equipment that would even allow it to happen. Anyway for what its worth, I will never have any dealings with any of them.

I decided to go with Lowes to purchase my first washer/dryer. They were nice at the stores and sold me what they call "the best of the best".

I had the units for two weeks and could not understand why it was making so much noise. They said because I had the warranty I had to get service before I could get a new one. I didn't pay to have a repaired unit. I returned the products and went with a more TRUSTED company.

Sears delivered my new washer/dryer (and cheaper)and there was a tiny knick on the side but they offered me a gift card, and a one yr warranty!! I chose this instead of an exchange. I can deal with this small defect with this compensation! The delivery service was great!

When I questioned them about getting a damaged unit they were very apologetic, and offered to compensate me or do an exchange.

NO HASSEL!! I was excited to NOT have to buy an extended warranty and be forced to have a repaired unit!!

:cry lowes is not responable for your *** error. This would not be covered under an company (warranty).

First the extended warranty cost $159.97. Now the problem must be more than what you are saying.

The service tech will fix anything if they can, because they get paid no mater what. You might just have had a bad service tech, not Lowe's fault.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Keystone Heights, Florida - Poor Service- No one offers to help you

Went to my local Lowes in Deland Fl, on International Speedway Blvd. There were more employes than customers. Have a bad arm, could hardly pull the cart around, passed a lot of employes, but no one would offer to help me. So I stopped my buying and left the store. Had a lot of spring jobs to do, but could not stand the poor service any longer. I purchased bags of cement, water softener salt, plants, *** killer, never made it to the lumber dept. Don't know when I have been so pissed!!! Thanks Daryl Ward 425 King Charles Circle DeLand, Fl 32724 386-717-8381

Surprised no one noticed the most glaring sentence in Mr Ward's complaint--"Have a bad arm, could hardly pull the cart around....I purchased bags of cement, water softener salt...). Why would someone who has diminished physical capacity be buying all these items for his "spring jobs"?

Who was going to unload it when he got home? Likewise, who was going to do the work??

As a Lowe's employee, isn't it our job to enquire if a customer needs assistance? The flip side of that is if an individual needs help, they should ask.

There are two sides to everything, and this one sounds like there was fault on both sides.

I do my best to engage every customer I can, and make sure they get what they need in a timely manner. Customers, you do need to realize that sometimes we are engaged in something that requires our attention for a moment before we can get to you, so please try and be a little patient.

1lowesemp

Wow. I need some help adding comments.

Ok, the numbers change as comments are added (duh). So, for the last time, I was commenting originally on the customer from VA BCH BLV.

Then, the original complaint. Sorry, Lowes hired me for my work ethic, not my smarts !

1lowesemp

By the way, I realize I was commenting on message # 3. But I'm not changing my opinion on the bad attitudes.

Again, we are there to help customers. We would have been reamed a new one if that customer had complained to customer service. And it would have been deserved. Every store has people who try to get away with doing as little as possibe and they manage to get away with it most times.

Then there are others who take pride in their job and do their best because that's how they were brought up. Also having compassion for people who are having difficulty seems to be a part of good employees.

Unfortunately, it's not found everywhere. I'm not saying I'm perfect by any means, but those two comments make my blood boil.

1lowesemp

Hey this is to jj48 and Mr.Smarts. You might want to go back reread the original complaint.

It clearly states that he asked for help. That's one of our jobs. This customer has every right to be angry if he had to go all the way to the store manager to get help.

And no, I'm not a manager, just a lowly worker on the floor who actually understands customer service. You two need to find a new job.

I went in to pay my account off 900.00 dollars they would not accept a bank money order.

LOWES = LOSERS!

VA BEACH BLVD LOCATION AT LONDON BRIDGE.

TRY GETTING SOME ASSISTANCE IN THAT STORE. IT WON'T HAPPEN. THEY DON'T LIKE CUSTOMERS AND THEY ARE LAAAAAAZY!

I ASKED FOR HELP WITH SOME HEAVY LUMBER, NEVER GOT IT. I DID GET A YOUNG BIMBO AT THE REGISTER WHO THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY. I ASKED FOR THE STORE MANAGER WHO DID COME RIGHT AWAY, HE REACTED LIKE I WAS AN IMPOSITON AND HE OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T CARE. HE NEVER APOLOGIZED ON BEHALF OF HIS LAZY EMPLOYEES. I ASKED THEM TO TAKE ALL THE LUMBER OUT OF TRUCK AND GOT A REFUND.

NEXT STOP, HOME DEPOT. PAID A LITTLE MORE BUT GOT ALOT OF SATISFACTION.

PS-I AM A SENIOR WHO'S HAD A HEART ATTACK.

Hi Daryl-

I am in CO, and have been in the retail industry for over 13 years. As with any social setting, you have some wonderful people and then the not so wonderful.

I worked for the "Orange Box" before Lowe's and customer service was drilled into our heads from the start. That was over 8 years ago, and I know Lowe's is playing catch up on that part. A lot of the times, I know our store has it steady times and slower times, and perhaps some of the employees were performing tasks. I know, if someone came up to me and asked for my help in assisting them with shopping, I would help in any way I could as soon as I could find someone cover my area or get someone to help.

I ask that maybe next time that you stop by the customer service desk up front and ask if there is anyone that could help you because of your arm.

I hope that you have had more pleasant experiences there. Blessings.

Next time start in the lumber department, Mr. Ward, I am sure they will help you.

Next time you come in, Mr. Ward, why don't you start in lumber and you will be offered help.

I agree with Mr Smarts..just because you are lazy you expect people to help you. Next time try asking for help or getting a job in retail and try dealing with all the *** like yourself

Don't be so lazy and ask someone you *** no one is going to bend over backwards for you anywhere you go. Your sounding so incompetent wow..,

View more comments (11)
Review

Lowes in Pineville, North Carolina - On vacation and missed one payment.

Was in Florida Feb and part of March. Got home and had missed making Feb payment. Got March bill and paid it. Went to Lowe's to get some lumber and my card was refused because I had missed Feb. Payment. Only payment I had missed in over 35 years and paid full amount in March along with a $20.00 fee for missing Feb. They can take there card and put it where the sun don't shine and I'll go some where else to spend my 10 to 20 thousand a year. I paid off the card and cut it up and mailed it back to them. I'm sure they could careless.

If you are a contractor why would you even use a Lowes or Home Depot Card with credit issued by GECC. Get and use a Discover or Capitol One card and get the 1% cash back.

Mine has been up to 10000.00 and deposited to my checking account.

It is now back up ro 9400.00 and I will redeme when it hits 10000.00.That is the smart way to go. :zzz

Mine has been up to 10000.00 and deposited to my checking account.

have brought back merchandise that was bought at lowes,check in by lowes employee ,was told i would have to take a merchandise card. I have a box in my van ,i keep receipte in.

i am not going through a box cotaining a 100 receips in it.dont have the time too.I am porceeding to contact upper mangament on this. I am a contrator.

want my money back or lowes can stick in their postier, with no vaseoline. :(

Speaking of ignorance...you take the cake..If Lowes name is on it..THEY are responsible...they control their credit provider and dont you forget it...I had a similar problem..they somehow changed our account to paperless without our autorization..then when we went in to purchase something they refused our card in front of several Customers! Our credit rating is over 825 and we never missed a payment...EVER!

They are just a poorly run organization period! We also paid off our account and ripped up their rotton card...We now go to Home Depot who in the last few months we have spent almost 15,000 on Home Improvement supplies.

Now who is the loser! LOWES!!!

Unlike "Gone on Vacation" I had never been a minute late with my Lowe's account and still they shut my account down,twice, never notifing me either time till I was actually trying to buy something. Yep, nothing like being in line and having your card declined in front of 5 other shoppers.

Twice is enough for me..

They can put my account too "where the sun don't shine". Lowe's, thanks for 10 plus years of customer neglect and incompetance...

Here's one for you - I'm the payroll clerk at your place of employment and since I took vacation (like you) I forgot to send you your paycheck this month. That would be a little different wouldn't it?

You'd expect me to make some arrangements some you'd get paid. What's the difference ?

Why are people so ignorant? Your complaint is not with Lowes but the company that grants you credit.

Lowes name may be on the card but they don't issue the credit.

You can hold you breath till you turn blue and rant and rave that Lowes is the bad guy but it's not their fault you didn't pay your bill on time. You won't find it any different with their cometitiors.

View more comments (6)