Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Columbia, Missouri - Extended warranty not worth the paper it is written on.

My stack wash/dryer made a horrible noise we called Lowes service center and they said it just wasn't level. However, the noise continued and after having the unit for two years, it stopped spinning. We called a repair man and the tub unit was actually sitting on the floor;it had broken away from the washer. We have the extended warranty but the company is running us around and playing games. They said they are not certain whether they will honor our warranty or not. Anyone that reads this, please believe me the extended warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on. We have bought several appliances at Lowes but this will definitely be the last.

I have washer that quit working, I called the Lowes extended warranty the Saturday before thanksgiving and I got an appointment for the next tueday the guy never showed up. I call and he doesn't go to Sandy, Oregon on Tuesday he would be here on Wednesday.

He unplugged a connection and said that was the problem. I asked if he was going to fix it and he said it was fine. He left the machine doesn't work. Called him it would be another week for him to come back.

I called Lowes and They had someone else to send. This appointment was for the Friday after thanksgiving. A no show again they would need to order parts. No one has looked at it to know what is wrong.

3 rd appointment on December 3rd wrong part ordered still no one has checked it. I called Lowes again and was told they found the part and would be back by 5:00 on Monday. A no show again. Called Lowes and they can get me appointment for next Monday.

I will never shop lowes again and will need to fix my washer myself. and am going to make sure all my friends know not to shop Lowes.

Just got off the phone with extended warrenty people saying they cannot replace our washer because we dont have a year left on our warranty plan before it expires, but we have had this washer fixed 6 times within the last 3 months, the washer a little over 2 years old, this is horrible customer service i see why people are running away from lowes and right to home depot.......so pissed right now

I bought a Samsung dryer at Lowe's two years ago. I did purchase the Lowe's extended warranty.

Today the drum stopped spinning. I called Lowe's and the earliest they can send a repair person is next Friday - an entire week without a dryer. According to the Internet, this is a common problem as the belt slips off.

I'll fix it myself. Lowe's needs to address THEIR extended warranty issues.

i am calling lowes from over a month now to resolve my gas range problem with is not working at all!

repairing guy cam twice to repair with not compitible parts! so just waiting and waiting, i call them and they said next week.

when i call next week they said another 2 weeks. wtf.

okay,,, i waited 2 week.. i call again..

they said part will come after 2 business day and they will call you for repair time? i dont think buy anymajor from Lowes.

Totally agree! Not worth the paper it is written on.

Been waiting on their fly-by night repair people for over a month to fix our washing machine. When you call Lowes directly, they are NOT helpful and just refer you back to the repair people.

In the end, we will get justice because with with speak with our $$$. Will never make another purchase at Lowes...period.

Lowe's uses a fly-by-night appliance repairshop called Nite-Owl in Joliet, Illinois. They have kept us waiting for over 5 weeks (so far!) I will never purchase another extended warranty from Lowe's. They obviously don't care about quality service, once they know they aren't getting any more money out of you they don't care how long it takes!

Worst purchase I have ever made. Whirlpool Cabrio washer machine is worthless.

This machine fails to operate: always out of balance, adds grease marks to clean clothes, takes an hour to wash whites, and the list goes on. It has been several weeks now that the washer stopped working and Lowes is still waiting to complete repair. Lowes extended warranty is a joke. Integrity Appliance Company wrote on the service slip that it would be better to replace unit than repair it...

What did Lowes decide to do: Make us wait for ALL the repair parts to show up before letting Integrity Appliance Company schedule an appointment to replace many defective parts. Last time it took Integrity Appliance Company almost two weeks to schedule an appointment to replace a defective part after they obtained replacement part. They are a very busy company and we (consumer) need to wait in line...

10 days to get an appointment. I wish I had their business where customers have to beg to get decent service.

Bottom line: As far as I am concerned, Whirlpool Cabrio is the worst washer machine ever built and Lowes extended warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.

While they may dodge the point, I think the warranty is legally binding.

The real problem is Lowes "Guarantee" which is worthless and really nothing more than a "promise". I have experienced several failures of their guarentees (price, installations) which were followed by "Where did you read that?" and resolved by "We can't do that.. do you still want this anyway?"

We bought an extended refrigerator warranty and when the fridge broke 3 years later, they sent out a repairman the next day AND replaced $270 worth of spoiled food. We were pleasantly surprised, to say the least. And we live in a very rural area, 45 miles from the repair center, so we are not used to this good kind of service.

u did not utilize your waranty properly. If you had called for service 3 times within a 12 month period about that noise it falls under their no lemon policy and would have given u a replacement.

they have no choice but to repair it now or they will give you your money to buy a new one.

I f a problem persists speak directly to management at store level and they aid your situation. I BELIEVE IN LOWES PROTECTION PLAN!!!!!!!

View more comments (9)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes in Springvale, Maine - Battery purchase

Refused to accept my old battery, towards a new one and give me a credit. There reason was I did not buy old battery from a Lowe's. I have never heard of this before.I have traded old batteries for new at Walt Mart with no problems about where I had bought the old one. I have done this through many other stores in the past. This is a first. Can you please explain the reason behind there actions. No one really new what to do, so they took this action.They should of called another store to check. Instead of loosing a customer.

Lowes in Sterling Heights, Michigan - Playground price problem

I have been looking at a play structure in the parking lot at Lowes. The sign said, buy this display new ones on way. So I went inside to purchase it. Low and behold, Lowes really doesn't sell that one themselves so you have to call the 1-800 number. I called Hartland and was told that the play structure was not for sale and that Lowes messed up with the signage for it. Lowes said that Hartland put the wrong sign up.. So as of this posting, I still haven't been able to purchase it..whats up Lowes

Hope you enjoy playing on your playset.

after a few more calls, one to the local tv station, I finally got the playset for the price that was posted on it. Apprently, Lowes has only so much control over the sale of playsets that are not owned by them..so thank you channel 4 and thank you to the manager at my local Lowes for taking care of this problem...

I think they need your parents to make a huge purchase, they should have been honest with you upfront.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in Monticello, Georgia - Lawn Sprinkler Pump Model R20L/2HP

Howdy! I'm very, very pleased w/my purchase of exactly 11yrs ago today from the Lowe's Store in Augusta, GA; had to go to the VA Medical Ctr that day and purchased my Model R20L/2HP. Today when I put all my system back in service, the gasket blew on the pump. I need repair kit RPK-20LS for the R20L please, like yesterday!!!! I'm a 74yr old Great-Grandpa who served his country 7yrs on active duty in the '50s. Many thanks and God Bless. B. M Pennington, 113 Bot Tet Rd., N.W., Lake Sinclair, Milledgeville, Ga. 31061-6709. Phone or FAX:(478)968-5904. Again, I'm not pissed! I'm very pleased w/11 yrs trouble-free performance and the GE Motor is doing great.
Review

Lowes in South Bend, Indiana - Lowe's Warranty SUCKS they honor nothing!!

I purchased theh extended warranty for my whirlpool refrigerator..my town has bad sulfur water, sooi specifically asked the sales associate will the extended warranty cover sulfur damage, he said of course. Now we have never used the icemaker, not a single drop in the unit and the piping inside the refrigerator that runs the freon through it is erroding, the service tech says "Sulfur in the air" is corroding the pipes and causing them to leak. Lowe's considers this "Accidental" damage and won't honor the extended warranty. I went into a Lowe's in a completely different state thinkin mebbe my lowes techs don't know what the warranty actually covers, and the other tech said the exact same thing that an extended warranty will cover sulfur damage.. So either the techs dont know what their talking about OR the service center is just out to rip people off.

U need an incoming water fillter...then get a new fridge stop complaining don't blame lowes... So someone told u the wrong thing get over it...

It's like u wanted the warrenty cause u knew u had the problem and wants someone else to pay for it.. Warrentys aren't for stupidity!!!

U really need to get that sulfur problem fixed... Or it will errode all ur plumming and appliances...

Do u really expect lowes to cover something that will just keep happpening if u don't fix the real problem .., I can totally see y they won't fix it and u shouldn't be complaint about something that's ur fault !!! Don't blame lowes blame ur self for being cheap u knew u had this problem and didn't want to get fixed obviously it's pretty bad if ur new appliance went :p

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes messed up another sale

I bought cabinets , changed my mind and got a return for the same amount I spent, Lowes called me and said "They refunded me too much" and they were going to hold my new order until I pay the difference of 200. I called the store manager who talked in circles and I got no where so I called corp office who says I need to work with the store manager, I would rather beat my head against a wall than deal with them! swift warning DO NOT SHOP AT LOWES they are trying to rip me off 200 and this is not the first time this has happened with the Lowes in Allen Park, MI
Loss

Lowes refuse to honor their claims

I was on the market for a new washing machine. lowes' sale rep convinced me on one of the GE model for $599, guaranteed to be the lowest price on the market, and offering me 10% off if i applied a lowe's credit card. After I bring back with Home depot advertised model(the same model) for $ 100 less, lowe's sale rep told me that he can match the price only, and 10% off with credit card application wont be available. The funny thing is that they even had this AD stating that 10% off to beat any other local store price on the same model. Lowes's sale rep refuse to honor it at all.
#1202945

Read the fine print. Price matching happens in everyday prices, not sale prices.

And most stores state that they will only beat the price match by a percentage if asked to do so by the customer. And if they do comply with that, they can no longer do the discount when opening a store card because the system will not let stores stack discounts.

go where you think you're treated right and stop whining

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Billings, Montana - No understanding

I don't understand how you can have such a cold haeart I finally get to pay off my credit card after my son dying and then you take my credit away after I was intouch with youin all this time. keep your card and I will not shop or spend my cash at lowes ever. I know I'm only one little person. But it will hurt you in a small way and that all that matters. I will just shop at home depot now.My son died and I had to pay for all of services u see

Lowes in Billings, Montana - Give a human a chance

I just wanted to let you know that you should not close someones account when they have tried very hard to make paymebnts. My son died of a lighting strike here in billings mt. On july 4th 2009. I had to pay fpr everthing. So i let Lowes know and paid what i could. as soon as I got my card paid off you closed my account. Shame on lowes. If I cantget my card back I will never shop there again.Even if you start me back out at 300 and giveme chance. my credit wasgood until myson died.

Say No To Lowes and Extended Warranty

Bought a Whirlpool washer and dryer 18 months ago from Lowes and at that time we purchased the extended warranty ($189.00). The washer has something in it that causes it to grind (coin maybe). So we called thinking someone would come and take apart and repair. The warranty company sent a repairman and after observing said he could not take apart because it would default the warranty. They said we should have emptied our pockets and that it is our fault and not covered. I thought that is what we take the warranty/insurance for? Never again will I purchase anything from Lowes or the extended warranty.

bottom line, wash your keys in the toilet like anybody with half a brain.

Ms. Right; You are the smartest of us all, Congrads to you.

me; There are a lot of things not covered under warranties but as a consumer if they want your business back they will work with you on a resolve. You need to just keep buying from Lowes and good luck to ya, I am sure they would never ***.

Josh; After my first post the washer is still in service and said they found a key or something. I do understand and read the warranty but I think that if you pay that much for the service I got from Lowes, Warranty, Whirlpool that someone should have went to bat. I would be more understanding if it was 5 years old.

I asked Whirlpool why would they design equipment that would even allow it to happen. Anyway for what its worth, I will never have any dealings with any of them.

I decided to go with Lowes to purchase my first washer/dryer. They were nice at the stores and sold me what they call "the best of the best".

I had the units for two weeks and could not understand why it was making so much noise. They said because I had the warranty I had to get service before I could get a new one. I didn't pay to have a repaired unit. I returned the products and went with a more TRUSTED company.

Sears delivered my new washer/dryer (and cheaper)and there was a tiny knick on the side but they offered me a gift card, and a one yr warranty!! I chose this instead of an exchange. I can deal with this small defect with this compensation! The delivery service was great!

When I questioned them about getting a damaged unit they were very apologetic, and offered to compensate me or do an exchange.

NO HASSEL!! I was excited to NOT have to buy an extended warranty and be forced to have a repaired unit!!

:cry lowes is not responable for your *** error. This would not be covered under an company (warranty).

First the extended warranty cost $159.97. Now the problem must be more than what you are saying.

The service tech will fix anything if they can, because they get paid no mater what. You might just have had a bad service tech, not Lowe's fault.

View more comments (4)