Filter by rating
Product:

Lowes in District 7, Tennessee - Lowe's Insulated Vinyl Siding Install

2.6
Lowes - Lowe's Insulated Vinyl Siding Install
contract dated July 2018. Lowe's contract for $11,985.36 Remove old siding replace with insulated vinyl siding. P. Brown, Lowe's salesperson, said we need build out windows and doors also. The install contractor was out of Florida, job is in Tennessee. On one side house the vinyl siding cut short and don't fit up against joining siding. See picture. Same side house during hard wind storms the siding moves like a wave. Siding cut short only touches J channel on ends. Before long siding will be blown out of J-channel and off side house. All this for $11,985.36 Phillip Brown promised when I signed contract he would supervise and inspect installation during install. Phillip Brown was at house twice during install. Day install started for approximately 5 minutes because 2 different colors siding shipped. He came by another day measure for gutter install. He has promised numerous times come and inspect install, to my knowledge he has not been here. Lowe's has refused have short pieces replaced and check see vinyl properly nailed. You be the judge see picture where siding is not fitted together.
Lowes Siding Installation
Bad quality

Lowes - Pissed, Frustrated, Angry

1.1
Go to Home Depot, buy from Amazon or buy locally. I was in enrolled in auto payments and never logged into my account since January 2019 if not even earlier. I do not touch my account. I never want to miss a payment hence the auto payment. Everything was okay until yesterday. I received an email saying I was past due by 185!? HOW?! If it's auto pay, that makes no sense. I was at work and went through chat. Mark Joab said I un-enrolled March 14th and re enrolled...Why would I do that?!?! That makes no sense. ALL he did was give me numbers to call (three for the credit) and finally just told me to call customer service. He did NOTHING for me except the minimal, by getting rid of the late fees. YET I still owed 160... I called the number he gave me. It was an automatic response to pay my bill through the phone. I called customer service the right number today, wanting to speak to a supervisor. She transferred me to a person in the credit department, Gabby!! WTH. Can they do ANYTHING right? She was as helpful as Mark Joab. She said, alright I'll waive the late fees... They already did that! Why don't people listen?? She started getting rude at the end and I had to go back to work and at that point she was rudely, repeating herself, saying there's nothing they can do. So I was done. Lowes does nothing right. NEVER get their credit card! I've returned a 200$ item, looked at my updated account, and it increased!! This store is depressing, the people are depressing and miserable. You can NEVER find someone when you need help. They don't carry a variety and if they do, it's impossible to find in the store. The workers can't even locate it. *** will freeze over before I step into that store!

Why are you complaining about Lowes? Your credit account is with an independent credit company.

Won't be any different if you shop at other stores. I had an Amazon account that offered no interest if paid in 6 months. I always paid enough to cover 1/6 of the amount due plus any current moths purchases. They applied the entire payment each month to the 6 month purchase so it paid off right away and you ended up paying interest on current purchases.

I still purchase from Amazon but closed the account which like Lowes was with an independent credit company. Don't blame the store, blame the credit company.

Lowes Customer Care
Cons
  • Calling lowes
  • System breeched
  • Customer service
Waive one month fee
  • Poor Attitude
  • Rude And Incinsiderate
  • Customer Care Attitude

Customers service, from Lowes

On Wed April 17, 2019 I contacted Lowes Repair about our LG Washing Machine. A lady Named Holly in New Mexico answered the call. Ms. Holly was very helpful, knowledgeable and kind person I have dealt with on the Lowes Repair services. I would just Like to THANK Holly for her expert help.
Lowes Washing Machine Repair
Good customer service

Lowes in Northeast Dallas, Texas - Lowe's of Garland

2.2
There is no associates to help in the store at all. Some departments have only one person covering three departments. Then you have to wait over several minutes up to 45 minutes to have a product that they have in their topstock area then find someone who can drive equipment and the I can see the poor associate getting frustrated with his own company but it looks like customer service has been getting really bad at the Garland location.

I disagree that local means good service, has anyone tried to get estimates without having to beg them to come out. And since they are small they do not always seem to care about service either. What is happening is we have generations of the “you owe me” and “I should not have to do that it is outside my job description” people in the workforce that just do not understand that the customer is the reason for your job not the reason for your problems

For me Lowes is the best last 14 years I shopped at Lowe's three times a week customer service and every Department excellent if there's a bad day mr. Paul thank you for your expect and care for customers

You are shopping at a big box discount store. Why are you expecting good service?

If you want good service shop a local hardware store like Ace, local lumber yards or plumbing suppliers.

Yes, you will pay a little more but someone needs to pay the salespeople that you don't see at Lowes. The choice is clearly yours, low price and no service or pay a little more and get the service you want.

@Anonymous

I agree with you 100%. I would much rather pay a little more and get better service.

View more comments (3)
Lowes Customer Care
Pros
  • Store
Cons
  • Service
customerservice

Lowes in Muskegon, Michigan - The shower door that should have, could have, would have, BUT WASN'T INSTALLED!

Your motto on all stores is "INSTALLATION Guaranteed", what a lie. I bought a shower door from Lowes because I could have it installed. So I paid the $35.00, and told someone would be out yet that day or within 3-business days. Waited to NO AVAIL. Called mgmt, clerks, supervisors and three trips to store. Called Indiana 877-505-4923 talked four times with them, all above called, left messages, texted and no one could get ahold of Carbon Footprint a guy named Tracy Laurence at 231-760-0282 to get my shower measured and date to install. So who is supposed to know something?????????? Manager here in Muskegon said there is nothing he could do. SO THE BEST THING FOR ME TO DO IS GET MY MONEY REFUNDED AND THAT I CAN LOOK FOR AN INSTALLER MYSELF, WHAT A CROCK!!!!!!!! I had to do that, what he said "a refund" but I am 71 years old and hubby is 82 years and no way out. Why do you advertise "Installation guaranteed" when Lowes really DOESN'T GUARANTEE NOTHING!!!!!!!
h.kitchener

You already know the solution: get the refund of any monies you gave Lowe's and go elsewhere although not necessarily to another "big box" store like lowe's. You might do better by asking friends, relatives, etc.

for help in installing a new shower door and the installation is really not that difficult. All you do is measure, buy a new door(not at Lowe's, of course), take off the old one and install the new. Someone you know must have some ideas of whom to get.

Good luck. Something has happened to Lowe's and it "ain't" good in the customer service area.

Lowes in Harriman, Tennessee - Delivery issue

Lowes - Delivery issue
Lowes - Delivery issue
Lowes delivered new riding mower and the truck ran over and destroyed mailbox. It has been three weeks, twice talking and emailing servpro and still nothing. Manager was very rude and did not make any attempt to resolve the situation.
Lowes Delivery Service
Cons
  • Being treated badly for something that was not my fault
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Provide mbx and pot and a stipend for doing it myself

Lowes - Calling time for delivery

I bought a washer & dryer and was told a narrowed time for delivery would be set up by a phone call on Sunday (8th). I was called, at 9:27 PM. We were already asleep, the call could have been earlier (Sunday has 24 hours in it) since we are considered elders, phone calls that late at night are upsetting. This complaint is from Marcella Norton order #372202429. Please let someone who is in charge know about this, did not appreciate the calling time at all.

I guess they shouldn't have bothered calling you at all. Keep in mind some of the deliveries on the truck are from sales made on Sunday.

They really can't start calling till the trucks are loaded an they know that everything on the order was there. Once the truck is loaded they know in what order deliveries will be made. This is something they can't do first thing in the day. No matter what time calls are made someone will be upset.

You go to bed early and would prefer a call earlier in the day.

If you worked nights and slept during the day you wouldn't want a call during the day. Unfortunately you can't please everyone.

Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Lowes service was great-it was the calling time of delivery
Cons
  • Time of night called to tell delivery tme

Lowes online shopping don't do it!!!!

I ordered HVAC ducting on-line and have had nothing but frustration dealing with Lowes online. They sent the wrong items to start and also split up the order to various stores so what did arrive came at different times. I sent back some items using Lowes' return label but have never received a refund. I have called customer service several times about the refund owed. I get put on hold or promised that my refund will be taken care of but nothing happens. I will never shop online with Lowes again. I do not recommend this service.
Lowes Shipping Service
Full refund

Lowes in Orléans, Ottawa, Ontario - Goofy service

4.3

Update by user Apr 06

This happened at the Cornwall store...I am 81 years old and don’t have a lot of time and energy left to jerk around with this kind of stuff. As an organization that’s always spouts the satisfaction guarantee slogan, your aren’t “walking the talk” in my case.... Bob

Original review posted by user Apr 06

Hi, my name is Bob Earle ID# 02713 3422 078 On March 19th of this year I bought a garden shed from your Cornwall store and paid a delivery charge scheduled for April 28th. Yesterday (April 5th) I went to the store to buy material (approx. $100) and requested it be delivered with the garden shed, I was told they could not do that and I would have to pay another delivery charge for the material (80 bucks) Are you guys nuts, or you just want me to take my business elseware? Unsatisfied customer... Email - earlebm@cogeco.ca

Did you ever stop to think that the materials you wanted to add to the delivery are coming from a different source than the shed? Delivery trucks don't run free.

They have to pay for the truck, fuel, insurance, a driver, someone to schedule the delivery and load the truck. If the delivery has to come out on a different truck you need to pay the fee for the second truck, Believe it or not, deliveries are not a money making proposition for most stores.

Lowes Delivery Service
Pros
  • Staff assistance
  • Freidliness
Cons
  • Delivery system
Order processing issue

$5.00 conjob by Lowes and Everready

I never write reviews, and this one may seem petty as it involves a small amount, but it seems to signify the problem sometimes. Big companies stealing small amounts from millions of people. We forget that counting to a million (or billion) starts with 1. A package of Eveready batteries has a bold $5.00 rebate sticker attached. When you get home and submit for the Lowes rebate it's rejected as not meeting the $15 minimum expenditure. The batteries are priced at 14.99 before tax. BTW, at Home Depot, where I bought batteries to replace the ones I returned to Lowes the same battery package is priced at 15.38. All I can think and say is shame on Lowes. Going forward it's Home Depot and Duracell Coppertops for me. I'm not looking for any Lowes contact, just wanted others to beware and be informed shoppers.

I guess it pays to read the terms of the rebate before you submit it. If the rebate says you get a $5 rebate on a purchase of $15 or more, I'd make sure I had purchased $15 worth or batteries even if it meant purchasing another battery. Sorry, but $14.99 is less than $15 and doesn't meet the requirements.

@Anonymous

You miss the point. At purchase there is no indication of the $15 requirement.

That's the issue. Con marketing.

From your comment, perhaps you think that's ok. I returned the batteries rather than give my money to entities that practice such deceptive advertising.

View more comments (1)