Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes Sux

We bought a new door from Lowes-it leaked. We had one of their techs come out and check it, he said it was water running under a factory made adjustable strip, not installation fault. He adjusted it as best he could-but said would still leak a bit(on our brand new hardwood floor) also said he would make a report to the corporate offices. We called looking for satisfaction-since we bought defective product, they denied fault and claim. All they really denied was the rest of out lifetime in business, we just moved in and are in the middle of major renovations--none of which will involve their company's product. We will make sure to tell their competitors they have Lowe's shortsightedness to thank for all the business......
#102078

Have a complaint?

Contact Lowe's CEO Robert Niblock directly at his home.

What a guy!

www.lowesceo.com

Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Why can't we have a Lowe's

I have lived in several cities across the United States when I was in the Army. I used the Lowe's store to buy just about everything to remodel my homes. Now I live in a town that thinks Home Depot is the only store that fits in Poplar Bluff, MO. I thank the Chamber of Commerce for not allowing the city ot grow. We need compitition and the jobs that go along with the growth of this town. The closest Lowe's is 1.5 hours away. I think the knowledge the Lowe's employees have is outstanding. We need a Lowe's in Poplar Bluff, MO.
Review

Lowes completely screwed up my orders more than once.

I ordered a dishwasher on-line from Lowes just before Christmas of 2008. It was to be delivered in about 7-10 business days. After 2 weeks went by and no dishwasher, I called to inquire. I was told it was being shipped that day and I should have it within the next 24 hours. 2 days later I still had no dishwasher, so I called again. After repeating this multiple times, they figured out that there was an error with the way the on-line system processed the order. I was credited for the charge, rebilled the same amount, and given a different dishwasher that was in stock. They put me down for delivery, but not installation (as I requested), so I then had to find someone who could install it for me. Here we are a year later and the dishwasher that I never received is still showing on my account as being shipped to my house. I found this out because I was trying to order a garbage disposal on-line and was declined the ability to purchase it on my Lowes card because my payment was 12 days late (apparently grace periods are a thing of the past). When I called to inquire about the issue, I spent close to an hour on the phone (between hold and dealing with someone who didn't have a clue what he was doing), and was eventually disconnected while on hold. I e-mailed their customer service department about the situation and was told I would need to call and speak directly to customer service. I told them I tried that. I'm DONE with Lowes!
Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes Carpet Install Scam

Lowes carpet install program stated that I need additional carpet due to door indentation. They would have to seam a 1 ft. wide lenght. When they installed carpet the installer said it was not needed and installed with standard 12' wide carpet and seamed a 6"W x 30"L for door indentation. This resuled in 57"w x 11'6"L excess carpet besides normal excess pieces due to cuts. This cost me $148.72 in additional carpet purchase to inflate Lowes merchandise sales. Lowes management would not make any adjustment for excess merchandise that resulted from their incorrect measure. NEVER BUY FROM LOWES !

You should call Lowes Customer Care. They make sure that these type of issues get resolved, and they are really appreciative of any feedback from customers. 1-800-44LOWES (1-800-445-6937).

You're a sucker and the dude that said you should complain I would punch you in the mouth. Lowes would not take the hit they would have taken it from the installer.

This is what happens with the big box stores.

jeff.zaun

you should have just complained to the district manager you probably could have gotten it all free for your troubles.

No...Carpet was Stain Master Plush depth variety.

Was the carpet a berber?

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - *** poor service

Went to Lowes Presque Isle, Maine yesterday to locate a replacement part for my snow blower. asked the young lady at service desk if lowes could order me a hex shaft for my snow blower. She said she would have to call Bill because he ran that department. I listened to her conversation; can we order a replacement part for a snow blower? Her question to me; sir did you buy your snow blower here? My response: no Her answer: sorry, we can order your part. This Bill person never asked what type of snow blower it was or what part I needed. I was dissmissed, like a piece of trash and now my biggest regret is the $13,672.00 I have spent at Lowes sense it opened here in Presque Isle, Maine By the way, Lowes does sell the type of snow blower I have.

:sigh I went into Lowes in Ft. Oglethorpe GA.

Ask if they had a thermo coupling for a gas heater. The young woman ask on of the other employees a man. Do we carry thermo couplings. He did not look or ask what kind just said if it has to do with anything gas we are out.

It was during a time when the weather was cold.

However I felt he should have looked anyway just in case there was something there. However I found out they along with another supply place just don't care about their customer service.

The snow blower Lowes currently on their floor has the identical model number as mine.

But Lowes wouldn't know that because they never asked the type of macjing I had nor the part I was looking for.

Ditto's to everything Evoke just said!

Evoke

Whenever a manufacturer sells an item to multiple retail stores, typically the model numbers are changed and something about each one is a little different whether it be an internal part or an exterior part. Lowe's can only buy repair parts for the models they have listed.

If a company can't order a part for you then why is that such a big deal? Why don't you go to whoever you bought the snow blower from and ask them to order you the part?

Or if you'd rather add to your $13,672.00 patronage then perhaps you should lie and tell them you DID buy the snow blower there. :eek

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowes in Yakima, Washington - Water damage from leaking faucet that Lowe's Installed

Lowe's doesn't quite want to deal with this consumer after they installed a leaking faucet for me that has caused around $11,000 water damage. It has been going on 6 months now. It is being assessed by the manufacturer to determine if the faucet is actually faulty. I have my suspicions it is not the faucet after what the plumber said. Lowe's refused to even give me an estimate on replacing my flooring or even looking at the water damage when it occured. Any advice on who to contact at Lowe's who can take care of this matter since the store in my location doesn't want to assist?
Evoke

Okay, well. First off, Lowe's won't do anything about your faucet or the damages it caused.

The reason for that is, Lowe's did not install your water faucet. See, here's how this works.. Lowe's hires subcontractors through their Installed Sales department. Whenever you want something installed from Lowe's that's who you're going to be working with.

When one of the contractors accepts the job, they take liability for all the work, materials, and problems that would arise from the situation. You need to get in touch with the contractor that installed your fixture. If you can't remember or you don't know who installed it, then I advise you to call the Lowe's you setup your installation. Ask to speak to the Installed Sales department.

Politely explain your situation and ask if they could pull up your file or look it up in the system.

I hope you better understand the situation. Thanks.

Lowes *** poor installers,not on time & poor wookmenship

We order carpet from Lowes Nov. and they are s'pose to put it in Dec. 4th, I get a call Dec. 4th AFTER I had to hire extra people to get the remodel done by Dec. 4th, telling me that they don't have the carpet and they will have to schedule it for Dec. 22. I wish I had know before hand that they weren't going to have it, I wouldn't be out $2000.00 for the extra people. Alright so they reschedule it, I'm fine with that *** happens. But when Dec. 22 rolls around they are s'pose to be there at 8:00 am. I get there at 7:30 am. to open up the house for them, they don't arrive until 1:00 pm. work till 5:30pm, but you can bet your *** that they got paid for a full 8 hrs. that day. They tell me ok will finish it the next day, this job should of been done by 1 or 2 in the afternoon, if that it wasn't that big of a job. So Dec. 23 I get there at 7:00am, they are s'pose to be there at 7:30 am, again they don't show up untill 11:00 am, now I'm s'pose to go on vacation with my family for the holidays on the 24th, X-mas eve. Instead I was stuck working. So Dec. 24th they are s'pose to be here to finish the job, all they had left to do was the stairs 2-3 hours max. Again they are s'pose to be there at 8:00am, but this time they call me at 4:30pm telling me they had truck problems and this and that, then tell me they need to pick up there tools and go back to this other job they are doing. Uh huh. So they show up about 5 get there tools and leave. now I was waiting there from 7:30 am till 5:30pm and the carpet isn't finished, by this time I'm pissed. So then I get a call from Lowes wanting me to sign off that the job is completed, so this guy can get paid. Naturally I go to Lowes and start talking to the managers and supervisors about this whole deal. Also, I have the owner of this house who is also pissed, shes a 77 yr old lady and shes not happy at all, so I go down to Lowes and file a complaint about this, then one of the people I talked to thought it was terrible that I had filed a compliant, and got an attitude with me on the phone. So I have my office lady call back and get her managers name. She gets an attitude with my office lady as well. So my vacation is pretty much ruined, so we didn't go. So then the people at Lowes finally get on this guys *** and he calls Dec. 28th wanting to finish it, now I had started a job out of town, lucky for this guy it was too cold to pour concrete. So now I call him about 12, telling him ok I'm at the house so you can finish. He is s'pose to be there about 12:30-1:00 he shows up about 2, he finally finishes the job, and leaves all his trash and scraps for me to clean up even though he is s'pose to hual it all away. So in this thing I'm s'pose to have finished the trim and such, I have to come back the next day to finish up what I should of had done the 23rd. Now I'm out my money and time, while that carpet guy got paid for being late and lazy. If he would of showed up alteast once on time he would of been done. Thats not how you run a business. dont use an installer by the name of wayne bell,that works at lowes in show low az.

wedfsd

I also had a very poor job done by the same installer,they damaged my walls,used red chalk to make lines to cut the carpet that won't come off, never cleaned up after they installed it. sorry outfit for just being in our area for 2yrs.that run the small guy out.that had pride in there work.

I wish you knew how to spell. That is all.

View more comments (2)

Lowes in San Antonio, Texas - Lowe's extended warranty sucks

I bought a kitchen-aid dishwasher in september 2007 and has gone out at least 5 times in the last 2 years. 4 times during the extended warranty period. 3 times this year and cannot seem to get any fast service. in two years the machine has been out of circulation 8 weeks because of run arounds. i cannot get them to replace the dishwasher nor get it fixed in a timely manner. i was promised that service soulutins would call me and never did. i was told a supervisor would call me twice and never did. I finally talked to a supervisor (stacey) snd she said they could not do anything but send a technician next week

I also purchased an extended warranty from lowes. Our washer has been tore up for 4 weeks now.

They keep jacking us around. Thinking of painting it a lemon color and sitting it in their parking lot with a sign reading"ask me about Lowes extended warranty"

I am sure it was their intention to sell you an extended warranty you did not understand - doofus. they made you pay the extra money, right.

service solutions is the contact for repairs - not Lowe's. And , oh yeah, if it has to be repaired more than 3 times during that warranty period - you get back what you paid for the dishwasher.

Wow, now that was difficult. In the future you might "ask" what yo are paying extra for.....

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes in Kerrville, Texas - I was told an estamate would be ready it was not.

I went to the store to pick out carpet and pay for and estamate. the carpet I wanted to view was mjissing from the swatchs on the viewing board. I was told they would find out for me the missing color by the time the guy did the measuring. The measuring was done by the Lowe's man early this morning. Mid after noon I call the store to ask if I could come by this evening and see estamate and missing color of carpet I wanted. I was told it wpould be there for me. Whene I got to store nothing was ready. The guy hadn't even called in measurements and the lady in charge of my sales would not be in untill thursday, Today is tuesday. I am pissed. I want my $35 back and I will go elsewhere.
Review

Lowes in Grand Junction, Colorado - Told it is what it is when snow blower broke

Bought a troy bilt snow blower last winter. I used the machine apx. 6 times. Following mfg. instructions i ran it out of gas for the summer.Upon learing we were to have a large snowstorm i filled with new gas and proceeded to start. While attemptting to start the recoil rope broke. Ithen called lowes to return/repair unit. I was told it would be sent out for repair. I then recieved over a foot of snow. No snow blower. I then called about status and was told after they had it for two weeks that the parts are back ordered from china and it would be at least a couple more weeks before they would recieve the parts. I just got another 4"of snow glad i bought a snow blower. E-mailed lowes to complain and they had the same store that i bought it from call me to basically tell me it is what it is maybe it will be back in a week or two. More snow coming on monday .next time i will use the money to hire someone instead of a buying from LOWES. thanks for the great customer service

Why didn't you fix it yourself? All you need is some good cord (I like parachute cord) and a screwdriver..... You buy items that you don't know how to fix, or atleast fix the most common problems?

The warantee of a product is provided by the company who built it. Lowes is not responsible if your product breaks down.

If you were smart, you would have your snow blower serviced during the summer so it is ready to use in the fall.

I bet you didn't even change the oil did you? If you had bought the Extended Protection, you would have been added to the priority list for repairs.

I work for Lowe's and no, I definitely would not purchase any power equipment such as a mower, snow-thrower, etc. from them.

Don't get me wrong, Lowe's is great for small, carry-out hardware items, (probably better than HD or Menards), but, if something happens to your mower, snow-thrower, etc. be prepared to be without it for anywhere from 2-4 weeks.

You would be better off taking it to a local small repair shop in town, pay for the repair, then have Lowe's reimburse you for the repair. Or, just buy the mower from the small, independent shop from the get-go and avoid this run-around.

I bought Toro 1800 electric on April 2009. I tried to use it on Dec 19,2009 when it snowed.

It wasn't working. I called Lowes they told me to take it to authorized dealer because is more than 30 days.

I went to authorized Toro dealer and they told me is defective to call Toro Company. I did so far no luck

You should have looked to see if the local repair center for MTD products had the parts in stock. If yes, then you should have brought the unit to the repair center.

Most home improvement centers sell replacement pull start ropes. I have changed out many on lawnmowers. Be glad you didn't get it from the HOME DEPOT.

They would have treated you far worse than LOWES. I know that from personal experience with their company

Have a complaint.

Contact Lowe's CEO Robert Niblock directly @ his house@ He may not be home, could be cruising around on his jet.