Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes Distribution HR

I recently applied at lowes distribution for a seasonal team member job. I went through the entire hiring process as far as the drug test and even getting my orientation date. A week after I was told I would be hired Bill from HR had informed me that there was something wrong with my backround check. I told him my SS card and Birth Certificate had different endings (Jr./ II ). He assured me that was the problem so I fixed that issue and brought it to him that day and all was good. When I got home (literally 30 min. after I was assured of my position) I got a phone call and Billy Boy told me my SS # was wrong on the application and I would have to re-do my application and start everything all over again, and that my position was no longer assured....Talk about HR being completely incompetent of doing their job.

Does anyone want some great Lowe's Managers pics doing bad things?? like the HR??

you either know somebody or you blow.......those are the number 1 rules, I know it for a fact........worked in one at owensboro,Ky.

Human resource had a relationship with a now dept manager, that dept manager now harrassess ladies and nothing gets done!

Store manager covers him up.

:cry

View more comments (1)

Never buy Appliances from Lowes

We purchased what the sales rep said to be a top of the line Maytag washer from the Rock Hill SC store.While I realize there is only a one year manufacturers warranty,what they don't tell you is that the item could have been sitting in the store for six months.The time that the machine sits in the store comes off of the warranty time My machine has roared from day one.We just thought that it was normal.A friend heard the machine while we were talking on the phone & told me that the bearrings were going out. This machine is barely over a year old.We called the Rock Hill store where the machine was purchased but was told there was nothing they could do.They referred us to a Maytag repair person who informed us that the manufacturers warranty is from the date the machine was built.So now we are SOL.Even if it had been less than a year since the date of purchase the manufacturers warranty would have already been out. It seems just another tactic to get you to purchase the extended warranty.That is misleading the consumers. I will NEVER purchase another item from Lowes.

My washer never spinned correctly but has been stoping in cyle. While talking to a repairman he said any machine with an electrinic keybord will cost $400.00 to fix.

He did not recomend buying the $200.00 park & doing it yourself.

He is getting lots of repairs to the new design washers with the european design top loaders that spin in a circle.

Both models save you money in the long run but 1 lost 1 machine (6 hrs old) to an electric surge repair of $400.00 This current is only 5 yrs old. What savings.

"common sense" is right. I bought a fridge from Best Buy.

I had it for nine months. The first they asked was if I had my reciept. I had misplaced it. They said they would need it for warranty work to be done.

They said they could still send their "geek squad" crew out for service, but without proof of purchase, there would be an $85 service fee applied. I was not able to find the receipt, but was not about to pay that much for a service fee. I checked thru the phone book and cheapest service I could find from repair companies in my area was $75.

After part and labor, the total cost was $189. So good luck at finding a place that won't do the same

:sigh save your receipt. Your warranty begins on the date listed on your receipt.

products are made to tear up these. that's not the retailer's fault. they can only sell what is given to them. the 20-30 machines that were made in 60's,70's, anda 80's are no longer made.

save your receipt. the main problem is people think retailers can save their sells information indefintely. that is not so. as far as warrranties, they are worth their weight in gold.

one service call could cost as much as the warranty. no washer is perfect. you might the cheapest washer on the sales floor and could last longer than the most expensive one. it's the luck of draw.

anytime people are involved in making something, chances are good that bad machines will make it through. Lowe's in no different than the other retailers. buy your next appliance at Sears and you'll wish you had went back to Lowe's. Believe me, I know now.

Look at warranties like car insurance. you pay and pay for years and never use it and start reflecting about what you could have done with those thousands of dollars you gave the insurance company.

the next day you have a car wreck and get sued for tens of thousands of dollars or more. all of a sudden you're not reflecting as much as you were

usually you have to register your product with the purchase date, which is almost always when your warrantee begins. The important part is to register your ownership, otherwise they DO use the date of manufacture. you could argue your case with your reciept with maytag

Why are you blaming Lowes for your problem?

They didn't build your washing machine. Why should they be responsible for the warranty?

It is a Maytag product and they are responsible for the warranty, you should be upset with Maytag if you are going to be upset with anyone. It could have been sitting in Maytag's warehouse for 6 months as well.

You stated that the machine "roared" from day 1. Why the heck didn't you get it looked at right away?

View more comments (4)

Lowes review in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Lowe's pissed consumer

Yet another bill arrives and Lowe's has applied our payment to our no interest/no payment bills for next September. They have told me that I can't speak to them, they must speak to the primary card holder yet it the primary defaults, they'll come after me, go figure. They can't ever get the payments straight. They can take their card and shove it, I'm done. My brother stopped shopping there years ago. I will now shop at 84 Lumber or Home Depot. After a complaint at Home Depot about not raising our credit limit, it was adjusted immediately. And as for 84 Lumber, they are a locally owned company. I will tell 10 people and they will tell 10 people and they will tell 10 people, goodbye Lowe's.....................

I gave up on Lowe's years ago. They pulled some nonsense with 2 of my credit accounts nearly causing one of the no interest/no payment accounts to default by not appling my payments as I had asked them to.

Lowe's customer service regarding the issue was appalling.

I have gone back to the mom and pop stores. They respect my hard earned money.

Product
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes review in Spokane, Washington: I was incensed by Lowe's insultive attitude toward customers.

I've had no reason to enter any Lowe's store for three years and have ceased holding them in any regard as concerns propriety, ethics of customer service. However, while perusing the Internet this morning to garner price comparisons for a drill press I plan to purchase, one website suggested other suppliers, Lowe's being one of them. out of curisosity, I decided to see how much cheaper Home Depot's price would be than Lowe's, they being a carbon copy inventorier (not that I will use any of my finances to encourage Lowe's to stay in business). When i accessed the website, I noticed the "Pissed at Lowe's" category and thought, even though I'd written them off three years ago, the "buyer beware" flag should be raised. So, in all fairness to the ignorant buying public, and ehticcal people everywhere, I'm posting the facts. In the spring of 2007, Noly and Ann Acob, of Yakima, WA, saw an advirtised sale on plastic fencing and went into the store to buy four sections and accessories. Not having a vehicle sufficient to haul their purchase, they arranged to have me go with Noly on the following day with my pickup to assist him in retrieving the material, which was already paid for. Logically, the pre-paid items shold have been on a pallet awaiting pick-up. They weren't! Instead, we waited two hours and thirty-seven minutes for the employees to pull four eight foot sections of the plastic fencing, a gate, seven matching plastic sleeves for posts and seven pressure treated 4"x4"x8's. They were also supposed to pull sixteen 2"x3"x8's for the stringers - but they didn't have them! The computer said they had two hundred but in actuality they didn't! The lame excuse for their substandard performance was "they were doing inventory." The store hours were 7AM-10PM. Inventory should be done during those nine hours the store is closed to the public, but Lowe's would probably have to pay the employees a more decent wage to work overtime. In view of this, the customer's needs should have come first. Some people can still remember when this was the first line of doing business in America but, alas, that would entail customer service. The following day, I sent an email to the corporate offices of Lowe's because I believed they should realize the deplorable practice was going on in Yakima. I also believed they would care. I recieved an email reply that they were "looking into the matter". Three days later, Alfredo Vargas, Jr., an assistant manager at the local Lowe's store, who obviously drew the short straw, called to tell me they were sorry! I asked Alfredo, "Is that it?" and he reiterated, "I'm sorry." On the same day I emailed Lowe's corporate office to apprise them of the situation, Ann Acob called and also complained about the deplorabe occurrence and was given a 20% refund in addition to the sale price for their incnvenience. It was I who was inconvenienced because it wasn't even my merchandise. Lowe's gross incompetnce wasted over two and a half hours of my time for a matter that should not have taken more than twenty-five minutes during the busiest time and it was my vehicle that received the wear and tear! The people who were inconvenienced the least got a reward and all I got was an embarrassed "I'm sorry" from some poor assistant manager. The store manager didn't even have the balls to do it himself! By the time I received the long overdue apology, I told Mr. Vargas that I was sorry also because it meant the complete cessation of my shopping at Lowe's At the time, I was a government employee with a U.S. Govenment VISA card for official purchases, which I typically used at Lowe's for anything the facility needed and since I would no longer be doing personal business with them, my credibility (and government ethics) mandated taking that business to Home Depot. Prior to retiring three months ago, while preparing to close out my financial records, I audited those purchases at Home Depot that would have been made at Lowe's and during the low year since spring of 2007, I spent a combined average (my own personal and the government's) of six thousand dollars. If everyone did that, Lowe's would be forced to actually practice customer service - or go bankrupt, as they deserve. I have also proven that I save money shopping at credible businesses who carry American merchandise.

Same major hedge fund companies own both Lowes and Home Depot.

alright *** I work at Lowe's and must admit the store does suck but so do the customers. Most customers are trash and I could care less how the feel.

All anyone in retail cares about is the paycheck so shut the *** up and quit crying. *** off

View more comments (1)

Lowes review in Belton, South Carolina: Bait and Switch Protection Plan

I purchased a GE washer in 2007 from Lowes in Easley, SC. I was sold a protection plan promising to "repair or replace" the washer if the washer failed. It failed two weeks ago. The washer was deemed "too expensive to repair." So they refunded me the purchase price from 2 years ago. So, I got neither "repair" nor "replace," I got a "refund" of the sale price. Today I cannot purchase a similar new washer for that same price. Lowes salesmen make promises that Lowes never intends to keep. When talking to the company Lowes uses was a waste of time. Beware of purchasing appliances from Lowes

Get over it, they are give you the money to buy a new machine....

R u serious they refunded you the money but u complain u should go and get a *** because u are a retard. The problem with America is u!

What the heck are you complaining about? They refunded you purchase price.

I have notice most washing machines are dropping in price and you are probably looking at a machine with more or improved features.

Be happy they gave you a full refund and buy a brand new machine. Just think, if they had fixed it you would have a 2 year old machine rather than a BRAND SPANKING NEW one.

Contact information provided by

View more comments (3)
Loss

Lowes Sevierville Tenn.Attempted to Take Advantage of Ederly Woman for 2,300 $

I purchased a New Samsung Steam washer and dryer at lowes in Sevierville Tennessee. The Manager admitted that the drying board should have been included in the delivery..However He Made no attempt to correct this error that his store made. The value of the board is around 150.00$ Lowes contracts with a 3rd party for instillation of their products..Either this is an awful product or the instillutaion is *** poor my entire house shakes when the washing machine is going.. The vibrations this thing makes are unbelivable.JC the manager of the store did nothing but suggest that I had bad subflooring !!! This statement is pure *** !! The 3rd party contractor telephoned me and basicaly said He would come and take a look at it when convient for him. I have demanded my momey back !!! Time will Tell

Your washer may need to be leveled, which is really easy (although if you're elderly, you probably shouldn't do it yourself). All you need is a level and someone strong enough to lift the washer while you adjust the feet.

If the problem is something else, ask Lowe's how they will take care of it, and be polite--people are less cooperative when they are being yelled at. Yes, it sounds as though they've messed up, but what you really want is for your new washer to work, so try going for that first, instead of having to go out and shop for another washer.

New washers will vibrate unless they on concrete floor, especially on second floor.

I assure you whole house vibration is common with washers and dryers on a second floor. Homes are not properly engineered for the vibration when built to "minimum Code" As a home builder I always place the washer and dryer on a concrete floor.

Contact information provided by

View more comments (4)
Loss

Lowes review in Honolulu, Hawaii: They did not deliver as promised!

We ordered a refrigerator and scheduled a delivery for 02-06-2010. We were told someone would call the day before to give us a time frame for the delivery. NO ONE CALLED. On 02-06-2010 we were told someone forgot to schedule the delivery. Lowe's has a delivery policy and advertising that says FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY, FREE HAUL AWAY. The delivery was not scheduled for the next day as advertised. The delivery was never made and were told we would have to wait for the next delivery date the following week. They should suffer consequences for FALSE ADVERTISING and EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

sorry ur upset i work for lowes in delivery and they r right sometimes the salesman forgets to set up the delivery if that happens we dont know it needs delivered but u did the right thing call over the store and it will get resolved

I e-mailed everybody I could find including the CEO. One phone call from him took care of everything.

We are getting our refrigerator thanks to Kamoi Gilman and his staff.

I'll be spreading the word that if Lowe's screws up they fix it!. Thank you to Kam and everyone who had a part in fixing the problem.

Try too resolve your Lowe's problems with there CEO, Robert Niblock. Good Luck! You'll need it.

View more comments (2)
Service
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes poor service

I received a lowes coupon in the email for 10% off I went to store made a purchase of arround 240.00 gave them the coupon they said it had allready been used.I said I just got it last nite they said sorry I said well just put everything back the only reason I was buying was because of coupon.They said I should call lowes cust service so I did They said they dont send out coupons The coupon said emailed from www.lowes The lowes store I was at ran the coupon 3 different times even ran the numbers still said allready been used.Cust service said were sorry well send you another coupon in your email I gave them my email they said make sure you also check your spam folder to make sure you get it It should be there with in 3 days.Ive waited and waited checking email have never yet receive another coupon.Called cust service again they this time told me they couldnt send me a coupn unless I was moving Its called a movers coupon I said Iam not moving .She said theres nothing they could do that must not of been there coupon,I said they ran it threw 3/4 times said allready used it had your email on it and said sent from lowes she said it must of been sent from a third party,I said fine theres other places to shop and thats just what I will do.I spend alot of money over a years time in tools and stuff for home inprovements.But I will never spend another dime in Lowes because of this if they was'nt going to replace the coupon with one that was lagit they never should of said they would to start with.Besides Home Depot has just as much and prices are good,Theres also a Menards store with in 50miles so I will drive a little more and pass by lowes.

Next time try talking to the manager, I've always had my coupons honered even if they are expired. And the post office sends out those movers coupons not lowes

there is a store in alpharetta ga , back there in lumber , they have an emplye that refuses to help load or load anything for the customers , he sees some body come up with some thing he turns an walks away

I purchased a Maytag from Lowe's 2 1/2 years ago and it broke. Called the service advantage people, totally rude on the phone.

Service guy came out and said they had to get a part and it could take 72 business hours. The NEW people had the part but could not get it to the service guy because of a computer glitch. Too bad. It took almost 2 weeks to get repaired.

Lowe's and the Service Advantage people have not taken responsibility for this. Too bad is what they say. So I was out of a washer had to load all the kids and laundry and spend 120 dollars at the laundry mat. Plus I paid 160 for the extended warranty, This is not right!!!

I was screwed by Lowe's.

I am just a little homemaker and Lowe's is so big wouldn't you think they would want to make this right. Oh no they don't.

View more comments (3)

Lowes review in Eddyville, Kentucky: Web site is not helpful

all i wanted to do is find out if a tool was avalible. could not find any way to get the tool page or lists to show on my computer. had no trouble going to the lowes site and finding what i wanted. guess where i am going to pick up my equipment. this is the second time i have attempted to use your site,i am not the best computer user but dont have trouble at yhe lowes site or the home depot site. Terry Panici p.s. i usually use your marion store,but live thirty miles away and dont like to go unless i know the product is available. calling doesnt work well either.
#120878

Imagine that, Terry Panici has a complaint. You are a stain on society.

Lowes in Clermont FL Sucks at Delivery

After cancelling twice, and not returning my phone calls, I finally gave up on the delivery of a stove, fridge and dishwasher and just cancelled my order. I had a hard time getting the order cancelled too...they kept trying to tell me that it was my fault because they had tried to contact me and could not reach me. I'm sorry but if you tell me you are going to be there..you should be there. I should have known that "free delivery" really means..we could careless if you get your order! I will never order another appliance from Lowes in Clermont, Florida

we ordered cabinets, took over 3 months it was a nightmare back and forth because they didn't measure right and want their designing not yours. My husbands cousin in Ind.

had the same person helping her and would give her same sob story about living with sister. COMISSION

Customer Service @

:?

Lowes is terrible with their delivery service. I had nothing but bad experience with them. I found out that they use a third party delivery service and most of the time there is a huge communication breakdown between the companies.

View more comments (2)