Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Winter Park, Florida: Seeking employment with Lowe's

Seeking employment with Lowe's. When applying for employment, I tried to acquire a four digit number and could not acquire one. I did not fine a four digit number when my cell phone rang. What can I do about this situation? My e-mail address is phil_boone18@yahoo.com. Please reply when you have time. I would appreciate it. thanks, Phil Boone. Would like to stay with the company 10yrs or more and just make a life time career out of my position. Again thanks for your help. I have been inside lowe's and i like the enviroment and I would enjoy working with the people.

Phil, you'd be better off going to school than waisting your time looking for a job in retail. Learn to spell and they might look at your application.

Lowes review in Los Angeles, California: Sell items they don't have

The Pico Rivera (CA) store sold us 630 pieces of tile of which they only had 300. We bought about $700.00 worth of tiles and only received half of what we bought. We where assured we get the rest the next day and guess what happened the next day? We waited over an hour before we said forget it, give us the money back. The customer service was horrible, we waited long enough to read the badges of about 8 employees, 2 managers pass us by. After the hour we figured the never had the rest of the tile we bought it was all lie. Somebody just figure they make a 700.00 dollar sale before closing.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ..... Don't go back, I'd rather pay the extra tax for a good old fashion Ace store anytime.

Loss

Pictuers taken by lowes employee

i work at lowes and was under the impression when ur working ur suppose to work.also that no pictures are to be taken of the inside of lowes for security sake .well not only are pictures posted on facebook of the whole store of management,unsuspecting employees but lets just not work just walk around and take pictures he doesn't have to work in returns or on register because he doesn't like it .depending on who is head cashier .but still the time to take all of these pictures these are not the lowes store2223 mech.pa.17050 his name is james taylor thanks
Service
Lowes Cashier

Lowes review in Albany, New York: Lowe's botched installed tile job

We paid Lowe's to install a rather large tile job in our home after we expereinced a toilet back-up and flood. Neeldess to say, after 4 months the tiles began popping up as the temperature changed outside. All of the tiles on the whole job are now either loose or make a crunching egg shell sound as you walk acrossed them. Lowe's has been in to examine the job with their installer and is now refusing to repair the installation stating there is moisture in the floor and that is why the warranty is void. They popped up 2 tiles in different areas an stated they took a moisture reading of 90%. I am not sure how this is possbile? There is no water anywhere to be found. We now have our lawyer involved and are preparing for legal action.
#119340

I suggest more fiber in your diet in the future to prevent these horrible backups. By the way, if you back your car into a tree and the bumper falls off, its not the autoworkers fault ***!!!

Service
Lowes Installation
Loss

Lowes sold me broken, returned, appliances TWICE

I bought a glass cooktop at Lowes. It was advertised as a display model, with a good discount. So I bought it, when I got it home I noticed that... A. It had been installed in someone's house (poorly wired plug hanging off the end with exposed wires) B. The seal on the glass top was not sealed, meaning water or whatever could get into the guts of the thing from the side. I went back to Lowes, raging mad, and was shut up with a free warranty repair and $75 off the price. When the service guy arrived a week later, he told me that it could not be fixed, but had to be sent back to the factory to be repaired with an entire new top. Back to the store it went. BY now I am trying hard to be cool, and my oven was used up, so I figured they wouldn't gripe if I bought a new oven too. I practically had to BEG to get one of the young men to go through the catalog with me. ( catalog, because, to my surprise, the cutout sizes are different for almost EVERY brand cooktop!) I ordered one that cost more than I was comfortable with, but it "fit the hole". fats forward. After the solid work schedule of the holidays, I got a Handyman to come and install this thing. I opened the box, and found the wires twisted, the stickers peeled half off, and THE FREAKING GLASS IS CHIPPED!. I have been sitting (not literally) on this thing for 2,1/2 months waiting . I was scared because I am clearly outside the 30 day return window, and figured I would have to eat it and pay for the repair, or beg for help. When I called Frigidaire, I gave them my serial number, and the girl comes back and says.."are you sure that's the right number, we check, yes it is. She then tells me that THAT unit was declared "scrapped" and was supposed to have been destroyed. NO. I assured her, it was sold to me as a new, special order, from Lowes at FULL PRICE. Something is fishy at Lowes, folks. That is the second in a row (2 for 2) cooktop that I bought there that was not only a customer return, but a seriously damaged customer return. I called corporate and told them no remedy was sufficient except a full refund of my money and closing of my Lowes account.
#1519781

Me too. Bought a brand new floor model fridge and it turns out somebody had already disassembled and messed up the icemaker.

@redhatgal - Same thing happened to me recently. I ordered 4 kitchen appliances and washer and dryer. When they delivered the appliances supposedly they have to open the items and check it at the site for liability purposes. After supposedly 2 people checked the items... they bring me a used washer, manufactured defect Fridge and a dented stove. On top of that the delivery guys assured me it was new product but removed the covers in the back of the truck like I’m a two year old that doesn’t understand what is going on. The only item that weren’t opened was the dishwasher and the microwave which was opened in front of me and surprise surprise the microwave and dishwasher were NEW.

Prior to the shipment I called and talked the manager at the store and he assured me that he personally picked the items. Yeahhhh picked the returned and defective to be sent to my house. Also don’t bother talking to store assistant manager because they have all the excuse in the book.

I went straight the District Manager/Marketing Manager and she is going to resend the appliance and also mentioned if they can’t delivery new items that I could take my business elsewhere. I demanded the stuff not be opened until it’s in my house and to not to waste my time/energy or their time. I will see what happens....

BEWARE other Lowes costumers when purchasing any appliance demand the item be opened in front of you and don’t bother trusting the third party delivery guys either because everyone is working together. This is not like a 2 dollar item that you should be cool about it ...I paid for new items… how hard is it to deliver that???

redhatgal
#119417

"anonymous"..... are you insane??

did you even read my complaint? I took my issue straight to the manager, BOTH times.

Bad luck??!! you must be kidding.

you are just the mindless sock puppet that Lowes needs.

That is just their attitude, "sorry, we dont know how that could have happened" bad luck indeed, Bad merchant is more appropriate :(

redhatgal
#119415

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?? "I work at Lowes"....

when I return the ITEMS, both times to the store, I returned them to the store manager, and showed them the damage.

Perhaps you failed to even read my complaint. Do they pay you to spout such nonsense?? "Bad Luck"! I pride myself on being aware, I do product research, and choose every appliance, TV, vehicle based on reviews , recalls, service issues, and price.

The fact that, after doing the footwork I was sold ***, BROKEN *** by Lowes, infuriates me to no end!and like a sock puppet you defend them? I bet you fit right in to that bunch of mindless drones :(

#119401

You sound like you have bad luck. I work at Lowe's, specifically the return desk, and many of the customer's who return things say they are not broken or used.

Many times the cashiers are unable to tell whether or not the product is broken. This happens at many retailers sorry to inform you.

back from customers without receipts and put it back on shelves

I reather pay a little bit more at other hardware stores but get quality

View more comments (5)

Lowes Distribution HR

I recently applied at lowes distribution for a seasonal team member job. I went through the entire hiring process as far as the drug test and even getting my orientation date. A week after I was told I would be hired Bill from HR had informed me that there was something wrong with my backround check. I told him my SS card and Birth Certificate had different endings (Jr./ II ). He assured me that was the problem so I fixed that issue and brought it to him that day and all was good. When I got home (literally 30 min. after I was assured of my position) I got a phone call and Billy Boy told me my SS # was wrong on the application and I would have to re-do my application and start everything all over again, and that my position was no longer assured....Talk about HR being completely incompetent of doing their job.

Does anyone want some great Lowe's Managers pics doing bad things?? like the HR??

you either know somebody or you blow.......those are the number 1 rules, I know it for a fact........worked in one at owensboro,Ky.

Human resource had a relationship with a now dept manager, that dept manager now harrassess ladies and nothing gets done!

Store manager covers him up.

:cry

View more comments (1)

Never buy Appliances from Lowes

We purchased what the sales rep said to be a top of the line Maytag washer from the Rock Hill SC store.While I realize there is only a one year manufacturers warranty,what they don't tell you is that the item could have been sitting in the store for six months.The time that the machine sits in the store comes off of the warranty time My machine has roared from day one.We just thought that it was normal.A friend heard the machine while we were talking on the phone & told me that the bearrings were going out. This machine is barely over a year old.We called the Rock Hill store where the machine was purchased but was told there was nothing they could do.They referred us to a Maytag repair person who informed us that the manufacturers warranty is from the date the machine was built.So now we are SOL.Even if it had been less than a year since the date of purchase the manufacturers warranty would have already been out. It seems just another tactic to get you to purchase the extended warranty.That is misleading the consumers. I will NEVER purchase another item from Lowes.

My washer never spinned correctly but has been stoping in cyle. While talking to a repairman he said any machine with an electrinic keybord will cost $400.00 to fix.

He did not recomend buying the $200.00 park & doing it yourself.

He is getting lots of repairs to the new design washers with the european design top loaders that spin in a circle.

Both models save you money in the long run but 1 lost 1 machine (6 hrs old) to an electric surge repair of $400.00 This current is only 5 yrs old. What savings.

"common sense" is right. I bought a fridge from Best Buy.

I had it for nine months. The first they asked was if I had my reciept. I had misplaced it. They said they would need it for warranty work to be done.

They said they could still send their "geek squad" crew out for service, but without proof of purchase, there would be an $85 service fee applied. I was not able to find the receipt, but was not about to pay that much for a service fee. I checked thru the phone book and cheapest service I could find from repair companies in my area was $75.

After part and labor, the total cost was $189. So good luck at finding a place that won't do the same

:sigh save your receipt. Your warranty begins on the date listed on your receipt.

products are made to tear up these. that's not the retailer's fault. they can only sell what is given to them. the 20-30 machines that were made in 60's,70's, anda 80's are no longer made.

save your receipt. the main problem is people think retailers can save their sells information indefintely. that is not so. as far as warrranties, they are worth their weight in gold.

one service call could cost as much as the warranty. no washer is perfect. you might the cheapest washer on the sales floor and could last longer than the most expensive one. it's the luck of draw.

anytime people are involved in making something, chances are good that bad machines will make it through. Lowe's in no different than the other retailers. buy your next appliance at Sears and you'll wish you had went back to Lowe's. Believe me, I know now.

Look at warranties like car insurance. you pay and pay for years and never use it and start reflecting about what you could have done with those thousands of dollars you gave the insurance company.

the next day you have a car wreck and get sued for tens of thousands of dollars or more. all of a sudden you're not reflecting as much as you were

usually you have to register your product with the purchase date, which is almost always when your warrantee begins. The important part is to register your ownership, otherwise they DO use the date of manufacture. you could argue your case with your reciept with maytag

Why are you blaming Lowes for your problem?

They didn't build your washing machine. Why should they be responsible for the warranty?

It is a Maytag product and they are responsible for the warranty, you should be upset with Maytag if you are going to be upset with anyone. It could have been sitting in Maytag's warehouse for 6 months as well.

You stated that the machine "roared" from day 1. Why the heck didn't you get it looked at right away?

View more comments (4)

Lowes review in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Lowe's pissed consumer

Yet another bill arrives and Lowe's has applied our payment to our no interest/no payment bills for next September. They have told me that I can't speak to them, they must speak to the primary card holder yet it the primary defaults, they'll come after me, go figure. They can't ever get the payments straight. They can take their card and shove it, I'm done. My brother stopped shopping there years ago. I will now shop at 84 Lumber or Home Depot. After a complaint at Home Depot about not raising our credit limit, it was adjusted immediately. And as for 84 Lumber, they are a locally owned company. I will tell 10 people and they will tell 10 people and they will tell 10 people, goodbye Lowe's.....................

I gave up on Lowe's years ago. They pulled some nonsense with 2 of my credit accounts nearly causing one of the no interest/no payment accounts to default by not appling my payments as I had asked them to.

Lowe's customer service regarding the issue was appalling.

I have gone back to the mom and pop stores. They respect my hard earned money.

Product
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes review in Spokane, Washington: I was incensed by Lowe's insultive attitude toward customers.

I've had no reason to enter any Lowe's store for three years and have ceased holding them in any regard as concerns propriety, ethics of customer service. However, while perusing the Internet this morning to garner price comparisons for a drill press I plan to purchase, one website suggested other suppliers, Lowe's being one of them. out of curisosity, I decided to see how much cheaper Home Depot's price would be than Lowe's, they being a carbon copy inventorier (not that I will use any of my finances to encourage Lowe's to stay in business). When i accessed the website, I noticed the "Pissed at Lowe's" category and thought, even though I'd written them off three years ago, the "buyer beware" flag should be raised. So, in all fairness to the ignorant buying public, and ehticcal people everywhere, I'm posting the facts. In the spring of 2007, Noly and Ann Acob, of Yakima, WA, saw an advirtised sale on plastic fencing and went into the store to buy four sections and accessories. Not having a vehicle sufficient to haul their purchase, they arranged to have me go with Noly on the following day with my pickup to assist him in retrieving the material, which was already paid for. Logically, the pre-paid items shold have been on a pallet awaiting pick-up. They weren't! Instead, we waited two hours and thirty-seven minutes for the employees to pull four eight foot sections of the plastic fencing, a gate, seven matching plastic sleeves for posts and seven pressure treated 4"x4"x8's. They were also supposed to pull sixteen 2"x3"x8's for the stringers - but they didn't have them! The computer said they had two hundred but in actuality they didn't! The lame excuse for their substandard performance was "they were doing inventory." The store hours were 7AM-10PM. Inventory should be done during those nine hours the store is closed to the public, but Lowe's would probably have to pay the employees a more decent wage to work overtime. In view of this, the customer's needs should have come first. Some people can still remember when this was the first line of doing business in America but, alas, that would entail customer service. The following day, I sent an email to the corporate offices of Lowe's because I believed they should realize the deplorable practice was going on in Yakima. I also believed they would care. I recieved an email reply that they were "looking into the matter". Three days later, Alfredo Vargas, Jr., an assistant manager at the local Lowe's store, who obviously drew the short straw, called to tell me they were sorry! I asked Alfredo, "Is that it?" and he reiterated, "I'm sorry." On the same day I emailed Lowe's corporate office to apprise them of the situation, Ann Acob called and also complained about the deplorabe occurrence and was given a 20% refund in addition to the sale price for their incnvenience. It was I who was inconvenienced because it wasn't even my merchandise. Lowe's gross incompetnce wasted over two and a half hours of my time for a matter that should not have taken more than twenty-five minutes during the busiest time and it was my vehicle that received the wear and tear! The people who were inconvenienced the least got a reward and all I got was an embarrassed "I'm sorry" from some poor assistant manager. The store manager didn't even have the balls to do it himself! By the time I received the long overdue apology, I told Mr. Vargas that I was sorry also because it meant the complete cessation of my shopping at Lowe's At the time, I was a government employee with a U.S. Govenment VISA card for official purchases, which I typically used at Lowe's for anything the facility needed and since I would no longer be doing personal business with them, my credibility (and government ethics) mandated taking that business to Home Depot. Prior to retiring three months ago, while preparing to close out my financial records, I audited those purchases at Home Depot that would have been made at Lowe's and during the low year since spring of 2007, I spent a combined average (my own personal and the government's) of six thousand dollars. If everyone did that, Lowe's would be forced to actually practice customer service - or go bankrupt, as they deserve. I have also proven that I save money shopping at credible businesses who carry American merchandise.

Same major hedge fund companies own both Lowes and Home Depot.

alright *** I work at Lowe's and must admit the store does suck but so do the customers. Most customers are trash and I could care less how the feel.

All anyone in retail cares about is the paycheck so shut the *** up and quit crying. *** off

View more comments (1)

Lowes review in Belton, South Carolina: Bait and Switch Protection Plan

I purchased a GE washer in 2007 from Lowes in Easley, SC. I was sold a protection plan promising to "repair or replace" the washer if the washer failed. It failed two weeks ago. The washer was deemed "too expensive to repair." So they refunded me the purchase price from 2 years ago. So, I got neither "repair" nor "replace," I got a "refund" of the sale price. Today I cannot purchase a similar new washer for that same price. Lowes salesmen make promises that Lowes never intends to keep. When talking to the company Lowes uses was a waste of time. Beware of purchasing appliances from Lowes

Get over it, they are give you the money to buy a new machine....

R u serious they refunded you the money but u complain u should go and get a *** because u are a retard. The problem with America is u!

What the heck are you complaining about? They refunded you purchase price.

I have notice most washing machines are dropping in price and you are probably looking at a machine with more or improved features.

Be happy they gave you a full refund and buy a brand new machine. Just think, if they had fixed it you would have a 2 year old machine rather than a BRAND SPANKING NEW one.

Contact information provided by