Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes does not offer refunds

I returned some items on June 20th for a refund. What I wanted was store credit so I could buy my Dad a barbecue grill for Father's Day. Instead of offering me the store credit they submitted a refund to the credit card I had used to buy the products with. They said it was their policy and next time not to use a receipt for store credit. I'm confused here. If I didn't have a receipt I wouldn't of got anything and with a receipt I didn't get anything either. They returned funds to a credit card that I cancelled. I think my money is gone. I will never shop Lowes again!

Still never returned to Lowes and never will! Home Depot has my business now and never a problem with them.

a refund put back on the same form of payment as the original purchase, those theives! put on your big boy pants and suck it up.

The policy is the refund goes to original purchase type. Why is Lowes to blame for you cancelling your credit card?

Exactly how were you ripped off?

Your money was refunded to the paytype you originally used. Your statement is the money was refunded to a credit card you cancelled.

Broondy

I did not owe the credit card any money and I did get my money back after about 2 weeks. However, the point of the complaint was this - my father did not get a present because the returned items was all the money I had at the time. Isn't it amazing that a company that prides themselves on doing something 'good for your father on Father's Day' did something like this?

Sounds to me like you still owed the CC money otherwise it would NOT have gone threw and you would of gotten a store credit.

Broondy

Calling a person a *** for getting ripped off from a retail giant is unforgivable.

#61979

you are truly a ***

your *** if you pay with credit card you withh get it back on you card. if you have no reciet you would have got store credit

It is a common practice for retail stores to make the refund in the same form as the purchase. Cash for cash, return to a credit card when purchased on a card.

The retail stores pay a fee to the credit card company when you make a purchase.

They get it back when they make a return to the card. I am sure if you contact your credit card company they will send you a check.

View more comments (8)

Lowes ..worthless liars

lowes is worthless, filled with liars, not knowledgeable ,,,twice i bought appliances for two homes,twice the same saleperson made a mistake,lowes did nothing to help,first time wrong style microwave to fit cabinets,that total sale was $3100.00,second time sold me fridge to fit into a spot with cabinets ..it fits the opening,but you cant open doors,,i hire a contractor to resolve problem,since lowes is not helping and i need a fridge for my medicine,,just so happens contractor does work for lowes,,i had to pay him $400.00 to remove old cabinets which cant be used cause of fridge size,,again lowes wont help,,i now have hired a cabinet maker to build cabinet to fit right,,cost $1100.00..lowes wont help and wanted to charge me $2000.00 for a premade cabinet..this aplliance sale for stove,fridge,dishwasher..$6000.00,,lowes are crooks,,no customer service,,dont care about thier customers...lowes home office sends me discount coupons,,my store wont accept saying item is already discounted..

Come on seriously I love talking to a person at Lowes . They have great employees and great installers.

Have you ever tried to get an install Through HDepot comeon that is a joke in its self ...... I like a store where I can speak to a person with any ?s not a warehouse who says you have to call 1800 #s to get help Lowes fixes any issues right away Thanks Lowes Love it there

I suppose with all that money you spent,that you assumred the people at lowes can look into a crystal ball and tell whether or not you measured wrong. Don't forget, they sold you what you asked for.

As they do for the other 5-10 customers that ordered stuff the same day you were there. Are your needs special or just like everybody else. Sorry, your fault.

If your going to whine about your mistakes then have a buying agent work for you. Maybe your spouse.

we have to go through endless training at lowes and know the product very well but it does not help if the customer does not know their measurements so please dont blame us instead use ur time wisely and measure first

measure your cabinets first before you do anything. its like when we get customers looking for cooler pads.

no size or anything they have all they say is do you know what size my cooler pad is. come on really. than you ask them what kind of cooler they have. oh i dont know.

whats the duct size of the opening of the register. Oh i dont know. how dont the customer know they bought the product. than you ask.

how old is the swamp cooler. oh its like 10 years old. are you being serious these coolers change every 2 to 3 years. some of the customers we get in there are some real winners.

just want always to put the blame on the staff. maybe put the blame on themselves.

Customers need to start being kind yes there are some bad employees but many rude customers

this whining about the fridge not fitting...gee...ya know if you actually take the *** time to measure where the item is supposed to go before making a purchase you'll know what size you can get that will fit...as a delivery person it is very frustrating when a customer says before we even get the item off the truck...hope it fits...

Talk about it .

:cry

The first sentence of this guys complaint was RIGHT ON THE MONEY....Until he said he was talking about the Lowe's employee's, and not himself and the other idiotic customers I and over 100,000 associates have to deal with every day @ Lowe's.

if lowes instaled the cabinet then you had to go and sign a contract do you not know what you are signing if they did not install you the customer came in and gave the measrement to the sale person so if it did not fit it is you fault

I agree with you 100%. Lowes hires young adults that don't know much about the products sold there.

I don't shop there anymore. There is a Home Depot right down the street with intelligent employees.

Who did the measuring for the new fridge? You or a sub-contractor for Lowe's? If I read this right you only got new fridge not new cabinets so it seems to me it was your mistake not the salespersons.

View more comments (10)

Lowes in Medford, New Jersey - Customer service sucks! No show on repairs

Had to wait a week for a tech to fix the same problem again for the forth time. Was call the ay of the apointment that the tech would be a no-show. We had dirty clothes waiting to wash and then was told that the ext avail appt was for the following week. Will not be able to get any help to get fixed!!! My daughter is here on vacation and has been waiting all day and my husband and i are planning to go on vacation with her and we are trying to get laundry done befor we leave. CS reps where very rude and did not even care about following up with servicing a $2K washer machine!!!! I really am upset that Lowes thinks this is acceptable!

Life is too short to complain. You get what you paid for. If you don't purchase an Extended warrenty, then you are at the mercy of the manufactor. So that means if you need service with in the first year you will have to got through them.

Like any company Lowes is selling a product producted by someone else.....and the manufacotr are the ones who warrenty. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

When something breaks down. People think that this a personal attach on them.

When you car breaks down what do you do? Take it in to the shop and get it fixed. And you move on.

Your appliance breaks you don't bring it in you get service in your home.

Lowes offers the extended warrenty due to the fact that the manufactors warrenty doesn't cover as much as these do. Belive what you want read the fine print.

So if you want to complain, and obvoiously you do, then hit the manufactor. Refuse to buy that line and put the blame where it lies.

Try to have your snow blower break down in the middle of winter. Record snow fall and at christmas time. Taking it to a repair place that is swamped with repairs and trying to also send their employees home for holidays so is short staffed.

So being the responsible person we should all be: You make alternative arragements to have your snow removed, until it fixed. Do you blame the place that sold it to you....well that would be a no, but I have a feeling that you would say YES because using a product and NEVER expecting it to break is the perfect world you live in. :cry :cry

When you purchased the washer the salesman offered "EPP" extended protection plan...which evidently you refused.Extended protection plans cover anywhere from 2-5 years on purchases ..however most of the time people refuse to purchase those which caters to express needs such as yours.

what are you talking about?...There are NO

service people who work for Lowes...These are independant service companies who are

certified by the manufacturer...You have to

contact the manufacturer customer service

number...This is true of Home Depot, Menards and Best Buy also.

Talk about it @

:cry

wow I am having the same problem.. lesson learned never buy from Lowes again it's not the product I'm mad about it's the way they work with the extended warranty customer..they just don't care once you buy the product you are just a number to them... :(

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Dickson, Tennessee - BESSEMER AL. CAN NOT GET HELP

About 2yrs ago l bouth a perfic flame grill model SLG2007B the burners split i have new ones but the suport plate was rusted out i went to the store to get part they could not order the part was told to look on enternet 3 days no luck i belive these parts are low qualty leonjoyner@bellsouth.net The grill is unuasble Ibuy all my home improvment stuff from lowes an john deer tractor,troy built power washer,chain saw.all yard equptment if you cant help me i will go somewhere that will also i bough a trailer to pull the tractor

C'mon, Y'all are in Alabamee after all, just sit on back, have y'all some sweet tea, swat them there flies, and PLEASE learn how to spell!

seeings lowes does make the grill they sell it it is there fault that is like blaming gun for killing people get a life

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Rapid City, South Dakota - Sticky paint

I go to lowes and they sell me sticky paint. Smells like parkling lot. I go back to complain and they dont listen. Why they waste my time. Too many people going blaha blabh blah. Dont even listen me do they? I talk to seventeen people. Noone understands. They afraid to fix misteaks. I talk to paint people. Desk people. Money People. All People. Noone understands my sticky paint problem. I will call policeman if they dont take the sticky paint off my walls. No more I go to Lowes. Not even for lawn mower or nails or screw drivers.

Learn to spell

same thing that hapened to me and a friend. They will not fix it . a lawyer will be called at this point..sorry, I do understand.

Is this serious????

DonV is ***. I says my paint was too sticky. You cant even read.Home Depot gave me good paint they did.

sounds like to me you just dont like the color and you tring to get something for nothing i see you pieces of *** all the time in the store tring to get something for nothing

Lowes Blows!

www.lowesnightmare.com

www.firerobertniblock.com

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

www.lowesceo.com

Go to Home Depot I do. NO sticky paint they have there.

Sally is ***. She doesn't even listen.

WTF was that? Please, sir, go down to your Lowe's, grab a 2 x 4, take it to the lumber desk (or any desk for that matter.), and ask the Lowe's associate to hit you over the head with it several times!

You're an ***.

View more comments (8)
Loss
Thought I'd write a check for lawn equipment, (electric edger and trimmer). Decided to purchase gas equipment two days later instead, with my VISA after being informed that Lowes WILL NOT RETURN CASH for my check purchase until 14 days to insure check will clear. ...

A merchant account shows if there are funds to cover a transaction but love the banter!!! Its how some learn

View more comments

Lowes in Long Beach, California - Getting Fired for Working Hard

I am a former employee of Lowes HIW and Iam pissed. I was a receiver/stocker working 3rd shift at store #1753, Huntington Beach, CA. They changed the way they unloaded trucks and stocked the freight. I was a full-time employee and one of the fastest and best. They wanted us to "practice" unloading and stocking in only 4 hours because that is how it was going to be done. Even though they were going to hire 4 part-timers to come in and unload the truck at night, they made us practice. Even with 5-6 people we couldn't do BOTH. They got their part-timers and we full timers, who cant legally have our hours or pay or benefits cut, were slain quickly. In order to try to accomplish the task of doing everthing in a time limit that was unrealistic, we had to bend some rules. We had been bending the rules ever since that store opened over 5 years ago... They knew this and decided to watch the cameras and record and report each of the full timers. Needless to say we all lost our jobs on bad terms and even though the part timers were doing the exact same things we were *** they were not penalized...

I got fired for a safety violation on the forklift in the receiving area while trying to work quickly and more efficiently for the company. There is zero tolerance on that stuff so be careful, they are always watching.

Remember, don't try working hard, just do the absolute minimum amount of work required, and take every single break that you are allowed. They can't fire you for not trying hard.

I know that making others's look bad to make yourself look good is bad, I know not following the rules is bad. No wonder you got fired.

First of all, "Irish", you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Second, I am also an ex employee of Lowe's HB, store #1753.

I worked on the front end as a head cashier. Our crew was also a skeleton crew with promises of better times but without follow-through on those promises. Running an entire warehouse on 5 cashiers, 1 customer service, and 1 returns, with HALF department employees, required to manage loss prevention and the multitude of pricing problems/slow managers/lazy cart boys/long breaks/lack of support, it was a nightmare job. I kept my checklists and held everyone accountable to the company rules and got ousted by *** male managers who liked to ogle and flirt with the 18 year old girls who happened to be the ones taking 20-40 minute breaks and never got written up.

Even tho I kept that store in tip-top shape regardless of the lack of staff, everything was done correctly, I couldn't get a sign off for a higher position because of a BS technicality which they bent for others. All because the teenage girls were crying.

SUCH BS! No one is a role model there, they're all ***

They don't want self braggers, you claim you were the fastest and best, you have a very high opinion of yourself. I bet you were really the slowest and worst.

It is just getting worse and worse, here. It's not just here though, it's almost every retailer.

I was routinely covering 2-3 departments by myself, because my senior management team either had no clue as to how to staff properly, or they were purposely running skeleton crew to cut payroll. This induced a high amount of stress on a daily basis, which made coming into work like coming into battle.

My manager once said that no one forces you to work for Lowes. I should have seen that comment for what it really was. They don't care WHO they grind into dust, just so long as there is some poor sap there willing to be ground. Don't we all deserve a job that treats us like a person, and not an expendable widget?

So "me" are you apart of the problem with that comment or hoping to be a positive part of the solution???

Is this the culture of Lowes??

follow the rules and btw our receiver stockers do that easily with less people

View more comments (6)
Review

Lowes in Bedford, Texas - Charged late charge when payment was recieved on due date

my husband just got a job last month at $7.55 per hour, my income is ss disability $1500.00 per month . we have been very careful to pay this bill on time, I called and spoke to them but because my husbands name is on the account they could not give me any information, the one I talked to asked what the due date was and if it was recieved on that date. It was and they still charged a penalty! I tried to call back three times and they would not connect me to an agent. I am pissed. I bet they would deal with me if my husband doesn't pay.

They wouldn't talk to you because you were not on the account. That is standard procedure with most companies.

You wouldn't want someone having access to your account that is under just your name would you? Wouldn't be so great when someone unauthorized gained access. If the payment was late than it was late. It probably was received on the due date but not by the cut off time for that day.

Stopping whinning about money that doesn't belong to you. If you don't want problems than use your own hard earned money.

Lowes-Briggs&Stratton-Husqvarna ridding mower

will, not stand behind their mowers, within 2 years, I had to pay for service calls, the engine B&S problems they would NOT fix, the mower deck rollers all went out hundreds to replace, the transaxle slips, jerks, and will sometimes just not move the mower at all, and to begin with it had too small of air filter, which was up dated by B&S and now they know nothing of that, I have called them all several times, NO Help at all . 1800.00 for a piece of ""SH"" YTH2148 I also have two close friends whom has the same, and the extended service plan also suck ! Djames

I finnaly found out what happend. They accidently sold my tractor as a returm item.

A diffent manager appologised and gave me a new tractor. All is well for now.

I bought a YTH2348 and after 13 hours on the hobbs meter which took 5 months it started to stall. I took to the store and they gave me a hasle and wanted $25min to repair.

They have had it for over a month and have not heard from them.

their service sucks and thair manager was rude. Royal Plam Beach Lowes FL.

Tell him about it!

Contact information provided by:

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes in Toronto, Ontario - Kitchen not finished since 07/08 to 06/09,installers great,store service terrible still waitin

started reno in 07/08 still waiting for 2 cupboards to be repaired. installers were great but their jobs where hard to due because of the mistakes made in kitchen department. the manager is not organised and never does what he says he will do. never returns calls never finishes a job has the attitude that everyone is beholden to him 2 months have passed since I spoke to him and there has been no reply. I've been in paint,reno's for 32 yrs. and this has been the worst, I recommend you people,for what! thanks lowes

I have been trading with Lowe's for a number of years, now. Yes there have been some problems from time to time, but for the most part the store personnel really tried to help me.

Even when I had a Lowe's credit card that had some mistakes on it: it took going through 2 other people, but I did get to a person who was not only nice, kind, but who knew her business and was able to resolve my issues within 2 days. By the way, I have never worked for Lowe's nor do I have any relatives of friends that I know of who do.

steve

Tell him about it @

www.lowesceo.com

It never fails to amaze me at the incoherency of many of these posts, This one is no exception, especially the last sentence. Sadly, here at Lowe's, this is also the way many of our customers talk as well, when they are communicating with us what they want, it's no wonder mistakes are made on our end.

View more comments (2)