Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes Floor Installation RipOff

Had a tile floor installed by Lowes and the installation was very bad. Lowes gave us a very hard time to fix the problem and after one year they refunded some of our money. Numerous tiles were not level, grout was not installed correct and some tiles are loose. Make sure you watch the workman or better, have a Home Inspector stop in a fews times to check up on them. If there are any problems have the home inspector write a report and make sure to take pictures. I thought by Lowes doing the Install I would get a very Professtional job, but the results were like I hired a Handyman and I payed double what a handyman would charge

maybe someone needs to figure out that a company like Lowe's is not set up to do jobs right. They are not accountable for their subs the way a local store is. www.chooseacoop.com

you had no problem taking the money in return which is shut the *** up money!!!! Lowes always caters to the customer it makes me sick to see the same a== h000les get money for mistakes as a human ...you take the money u have no right to complain asnd there are many happy customers ty for your time ***

you all suck ***

Reply to: Bio]-[azard

I guess you work for Lowes? Thats really sick for you to say I wanted them to fail or shovel food in my mouth. This is the last floor I will ever have, why would I want it to look bad? I think you have a Personality Complex.

I paid double the price to get a Normal Job done. I have tiles with lippages all over and a lot of the tiles have very little glue and some are loose and you say I am at fault? We were very patient with the contractors, they promised to be done in two weeks for the holiday and took about one month.

You say I must have a lot of time on my hands to write a small complaint. It takes no more time than writing an e mail and you had the time to reply, so what are you talking about? Yes they gave me a very small refund to have the shoddy work they did fixed.

If you do work for Lowes, try to stop running away from customers that need help in your store, do it as a New Years Resolution because like you said "KARMA IS A B".

>Written by Bio]-[azard, on 21-12-2009 >08:33

>I believe that when -some- people go into >the retail chain to get things (ie; >Lowe's), they're wanting them to fail in >some sort of way. You know as Consumers >that you're "always right" and we live in >a world that expects people to shovel >food into our mouths for us. The fact >that you would take the time to post on >here, shows that you have too much time >and you infact were looking for >attention. I'm sure as you said, they did >give you the money; but that's because >they do value you. Merry Christmas and >Karama is a B.

I believe that when -some- people go into the retail chain to get things (ie; Lowe's), they're wanting them to fail in some sort of way. You know as Consumers that you're "always right" and we live in a world that expects people to shovel food into our mouths for us.

The fact that you would take the time to post on here, shows that you have too much time and you infact were looking for attention.

I'm sure as you said, they did give you the money; but that's because they do value you. Merry Christmas and Karama is a B.

No they did install backer board. They made lippages on the corners(can't spell it).

Had another guy from Lowes check it out and he said the tiles he pulled did not have the proper amount of adhesive. Never install epoxy Grout because they smeared it on the tiles and it is almost impossible to get it off.

I spent $26,000 bucks, so I was not looking to save. Lowes almost doubles the quote of the guy that actually does the job

several tiles not level? The subfloor is the issue...Did they install durock or hardibacker or did you opt out on paying for those items before purchasing the install?

Easy there Jimmy. If the description in the complaint doesn't apply to you then don't worry about it.

Your comment about inferior skills is at best disinegenious. I am a pharmaceutical scientist, I don't puff up my chest b/c you don't know how to test your prescription drugs. I've never considered someone w/o my expertise to be inferior. You've got a confidence problem my friend.

The simple fact is when we pay for a service we expect some quality controls to be in place. Given the number of rip-off artists in home remodeling and the lack of oversight, it seems very plausible that consumers are going to be taken advantage of.

Get over it.

Sorry about insulting the Handyman label. Its just that around my area, all kinds of nuts that have no skills go into the Handyman business; this was from the Housing Bubble.

Lowes did have their people come out once and a while to check on the contractor, but the people they sent to check them did not know what they were looking at.

Well my contract said the work had to be corrected, but I had a hard time getting them to fix it.

Hey Spike,Hiring a handyman, will get you a professional job nitwit.You say it like a handyman does inferior work. I was a "professional" remodeler for 26 years before turning the biz over to my two sons.Now I have a small handyman service but still posess the same skills as the "professionals" as you like to call them.The only one with inferior skills here is you, given the fact you couldn't do the tile yourself.ButI digress,when hiring LOWES to do any installation always remember, Lowes doesn't do the work, they sub contract work, to any one of numerous contractors on their list.To get on their list all you need is liability insurance($515.00) and in my state a contractors lisc.($90.00).Sometimes Lowes doesn't know what a contractor can do until it's too late, and your the guinea pig.It was in plain english on your contract.Along with a paragraph absolving them of liability should the work not be correct.Maybe some reading lessons should be your main focus.

View more comments (9)
Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Austin, Texas - Free Deliver - Receive VISA Check Card NOT

I purchased a Whirlpool refrid from the Lowe's in SW Austin. The deal was to pay for deliver ($89.) but receive a VISA Check Card in that amt. as a refund. This is after sending in all the paperwork, etc. This purchase was 4/6/09 and after many (7+/-) phone and emails; still no Check Card. I will go to Home Depot in the future even though I like the Lowe's environment better...it's the principle. Bait and switch or just not very capable of follow thru on the administrative end of promotions. One person couldn't even find me in the system...

Yes, this is once again "Lowe's" fault. Guess you mailed the rebate forms in on time too.

Or even realized this was handled by an outside firm. Principles are a luxury in this economy.

Good luck finding someone to help you at H.D. - see how far your principles get you...

Evoke

Home Depot Delivery = Curbside Drop Off.

Do what you will.

View more comments (1)

Cheap Lowes

I parked my car around 7 o'clock in the morning and i came back to pick up my car back around 1 o'clock in afternoon. however my car was gone. I tried to look for the notice sticker or signs around the parking lot. but i could not find any signs of my car. therefore I went inside to the lowes and asked about the car. They said they called the towing service and took the car away without noticing me. There was no notice sticker nor call from them. I even left my phone number and name front of the car. I paid $130 to get my car back. We can not see the warning sign around the parking lot easily. Therefore I am trying to tell to those workers who works in building structures or people who needs to buy some stuff. I recommand to go to the Home depot. Because Lowes can tow your car away if you are not showing up about 4 hours. I am so disappointed. They got better customer services also we can see the parking warning signs easier than lowes. Lowes is so cheap that they will tow your car away without call or notice tag if you park your car for a while. Also Lowes is not really helpful to us. If our car broke down front of the Lowes, we can not park the car. Beacuse they will tow your car without noticing even if your car is broke. I truely recommand not to use lowes. They are so cheap and not helpful to us.

This is so funny! I can't believe someone has the nerve to complain about getting their car towed in a private parking lot.

I love the rants on this site. Full of angry miserable people that think the world owes them for every inconvenience.

Hmmm here is an idea, try following rules and talking to people with respect. I bet you also went in to the store raising bloody murder and that is probably why no one took the time to help you find your car.

#191259

@ Seriously?

I challenge you to spell "challenge."

Learn how to spell! Dumb ***!

#191257

Actually there are signs everywhere during football games and stadium events for the cheapskates that dont want to pay for stadium parking so they park at Lowe's and think the signs are a bluff. You have to be blind not to see them!

Lowe's doesn't care, it's the of the plaza security that has the cars towed, not Lowe's. Why should they be held responsible?

Let's see - signs were posted - you parked anyway - car towed. Makes sense to me. After all, it is a parking lot, not a Park-N-Ride.

Let's see, you had $1000 in the back seat and you parked your car in a parking lot (meant for consumers of that business), left it there for a significant amount of time, didn't notify store management or anybody of the situation and you are pissed off at the business for towing your car. Amazing how *** you are and this is just indicative of the attitude prevalent in our country -- that it is always the other guys fault!!

I'm never wrong because I am the consumer and afterall the consumer is always right.

Right?? Wrong, Dummy!!!!

Take responsibility for your actions and grow up!!!!!!

Sounds to me like "wondering" there might be a Lowes' employee or even a store manager to get this upset at the complaint, but why call this person ***? unnecessary! Lowes commited an unprofessional act and total diregard to this person.

Call corp. H.Q.in North Carolina, Lowes does not own the parking lot.They just might cut you a check.

Leadership is a choice and responsibility! If your people love you and follow you, they will help you!

If Lowes knew how to treat their own, they would put Depot out of business!

Ask yourself, how commited are you? A follower obeys, a leader CHALLANGES!

Amazed

You don't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed my friend. Why don't you park your car in a Home Depot lot if you prefer them.

Or at least tell the stores mgmt of your plight next time. They would probably let you borrow a phone for a tow service.

cl1229

i know it is my fault that i parked my car in their parking lot. but they should least notice me where is my car at. because i had about $1000 in my back seat.

I didnt know my car was stolen or towed.

mizmolly
@cl1229

Why would you leave $1000 in the back seat?

I'm just wondering why you are parking your car in their lot if you are not in their store shopping. Stores provide parking for their customers, not commuters or people too chesp to pay for a parking spot elsewhere. Don't blame Lowes you basstard.

View more comments (11)

Lowes in Phoenix, Arizona - Low's

Recently I decided that for my husband's 31st birthday I would buy him a grill. I researched online, and found "the one" and it was only listed for sale at Lowes (at the time). Although they have horrific reviews I gave them a chance anyways...big mistake!!!!!!!!!! I purchased the grill and requested to have it assembled (on a Tuesday), On friday at 6pm (*** 4 days later ***) the grill was not assembled!!!!! I was furious! The manager tryied to make excuses that didnt make any sense and only offered that i take the display grill (which was poorly assembled, woobly, and all scratched and dirty) for a discount of $30.00... I didnt even get a courtesy call to let me know that it would be ready with a 24 hour notice...especially since they had FOUR days to put the grill together. They just dont care about their customers or business. a week later we purchased the SAME grill from Fry's Marketplace, for $100 less!!! and they assembled it for free :) go to frys!!!!!
Loss

We are having a very bad experience buying a carpet in Lowes, light a nightmare

We bought a carpet in Lowes in Mission Valley, California on Sept.15 and they said that in two weeks maximun we have the carpet installed, after many calls including the manager finally they said that maybe they are going to receive the carpet on October 13, they knew that we have an open house on October 10 that was the purpose of the adquisition of a new carpet, but they said that they can not do nothing, I don't know why we went to Lowes we had other bad experience 2 years ago, if we have Home Depot close why we went to Lowes, but we never go there to buy nothing there

I had a problem with a Lowes employee verbally promising an install date and not following through. Luckily in Kansas verbal promises are binding and I had the phone call to prove what was stated.

I received my Kitchen floor for free because of it. I've had a number of problems with Lowes and am afraid that I might have to try my luck at Home Depot to finish my project.

Poor Rick Rebecca....what promises? If it's not in writing, try to prove the installer promised it.

Companies with Integrity stand behind their products and always take care

of the customer!

Well, you ***, do you think Lowe's manufactures carpet? Obviously whoever makes the product is holding this deal up.

Why would Lowe's take your money and deprive you of your carpet?

Go to Depot, they deserve you.

Took Lowes 4 months past the first promise date to get our carpet installed. Seam lines show and other promises made by installer that came out to quote and install job were never completed.

Ask Lowes manager in Murphy, NC about this and was told to f^%^ off as Lowes is not reasonable for promises made by the installer and that we should read the contract again.

Our last major purchase from customer friendly people

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - They never fix wath they sell

BOSCH sucks washer didn't clean.I bought a washer&dryer to match normal right.I bought extended warrenty.Both needed fixed befor one year.My washer has been broke sence 5-25-08 they keep saying they are going to fix it.The laundry mat has made more than more than I paid for them all most.Every time I email them they say they neen some more enfo but they have been out and fixed them before so it just keeps breaking.You should see all the cracks in my dryer by the screws in the door.I'm to old for this ***

Are you in Anger Management classes Retailer4life???? you seem bitter

If you have your receipt and the extended protection plan call the number for the service advantage. They will tell you what to do to get it fixed.

Normally send a tech hired out to come and look at it.

This number has to be called if it to be fixed. Hope this helps.

Instead of buying a wash machine, I honestly feel that your money could have been better spent taking remedial grammar lessons.

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Denver, Colorado - Lowe's 1 Day Appliance Delivery Promise = no go

We purchased a dryer on Thursday afternoon. We scheduled delivery for Friday morning between 8 and noon. Guess what, they never showed. I called them back after the delivery window and made arrangements for delivery this morning. We setup a specific window, since we work nights. They still haven't made it to our place. I called, they are "on their way." We are "the next delivery" (once they leave the store). The store is only about 10 minutes away from hour house, and it has been well oevr an hour. Next time, I will bring my truck and take it home myself.

Then do it yourself and stop being a baby. MAYBE your NOT the most important customer in the world

Here is where it starts.. STORE MANAGER... he just kinda walks around and well... I'm not sure what he does..

If he listened to concerns, things would run better I guess... or maybe his managers would listen to their people.. assuming the STORE MANAGER sets the example of course... and if that works they would follow up on issues and fix them instead of thinking its not their problem and walk around like the store manager. Delivery can't do much if they have no support and they are not managed.

Or you could have a store manager who does try but his AREA HR likes to cover up everything because she doesn't want to look like she can't handle her job..

Keep on complaining... or just contact the Federal Trade Comm.... If you want change you have to take action!

regardng Lowes If you buy anything from Lowes check around for lower prices at Best buy,Sears and other stores( also internet prices) and Lowes will match their price plus give you 10% in addition off your bill. Also I have found if you have a problem with a Lowes store go to their internet website and file a complaint and It will be taken care of Guaranteed. hope this helps

"Guess what, they never showed. "

You don't sound very smart.

U need to keep in mind that there are other deliveries going on not just yours. There is a window for a reason.

You're right next time you get your truck and take it home yourself. Delivery is there for convience and if you are going to ***** about it don't use the service!

View more comments (4)
Loss

Lowes in Kirkland, Washington - Lowe's 1 Day Appliance Delivery Promise is a SHAM

Lowe's advertises that they will install an appliance the next day. I am on day 8 and despite calling them several times I still do not have a date for the installation. It's also odd that JD Powers gives them a great rating yet JD Powers doesn't allow you to give them any feedback about Lowes (or any company for that matter). Did Lowes pay JD Powers for this rating? Both of these companies are liars and I will never do business with Lowes again nor will I ever pay any attention to JD Powers ratings. JD Powers is just another form of marketing that is bought and paid for.
OnerousPike827

I did read the fine print, I just went to the store, picked out a washer, and YES the associate verified that they had 3 in stock. I live 5 miles from the store.

They told me delivery would be August 12th, almost 3 weeks away! I asked about the free next day delivery and was told "that's never going to happen".

I can get the same washer for the same price from Home Depot, the only reason I went to Lowe's was for the next day delivery. False advertising!

The policy says clearly it's only for in stock items purchased in the store by 4pm.

Yep! I'm having an issue with Lowes delivery service.

Promise not kept. Still waiting till they figure out how to fix it! Totally unacceptable! Nobody even called me to notify me that they had an issue!

Anyway my washer/dryer never arrived on the promise date 7/10/15! Manager will call me on 7/11/15 unacceptable!

to see what can be done! I am so upset!

You should have read the fine print before wasting your time on this review. If you pay close attention to the signage that says "FREE Next Day Delivery", you will notice an asterisk at the end of the phrase.

Now, what this means, you can have your next day delivery if it is AVAILABLE.

Also, if you have an installation, that is scheduled through an installer (contracted), so take your complain to them. People like you give the good guys bad reputations.

It really is deceiving. There is no way I can deliver/install 30 appliances that were sold the day before in a 75 mile radius in under 14 hours.

If anyone is expecting 'next day delivery', it will be unlikely. Just be patient.

@LowesDelivery

Why should we patient. We pay for a service now if you people lie, in order to have people pay and then

get the run around. You are the last point of contact so to bad.

I bought a refrigerator from Lowe's online in the middle of May. It wasn't supposed to be in stock for about a month (June 12 to be exact), which was not a problem, but I got an automated call several hours after ordering it telling me delivery was going to be the next day.

But the delivery people never showed up. I found out after calling Lowe's that, as their website stated, the refrigerator is not in stock.

So then, why did their delivery company call to tell me that it was going to be delivered?? I later found out from Lowe's that when an appliance is ordered online, the delivery company's computer system automatically calls the customer to tell them that it will be delivered the next day.

The delivery company never bothers to call back when they realize they won't be able to deliver. I have received at least five automated calls telling me delivery has been scheduled for the next day, but now I know to call Lowe's each time to find out if the refrigerator is actually in stock yet.

I have wasted hours on hold with the delivery company and Lowe's, and I still don't have my refrigerator. I'm sure it will be in stock around June 12, but in the meantime, I get a call from the delivery company every couple of days telling me they will be delivering the next day.

What kind of system is this??

@Unbelievable Ordeal

There is no "delivery company", there are lowe's employees that will deliver appliances when they come in. Delivery drivers have no control over when your appliance comes in, anyway. Instead of waiting on the "delivery company", you should have talked to an appliance associate.

@SHUTUP

You aren't even addressing the issue here - the main issue is their misleading automated calls.

I use to go to lowes. A week ago my mother bought a dryer.

They said they could not deliver till Tuesday. I asked that it arrive before 1. My mom has radiation at 2. No problem.

Well on Tuesday we get a call it will be around 1. I cancelled the order.

I bet some of the orders were made after we bought our dryer. Hello Home Depot

@Phy

Lowe's does not give specific delivery times. That is why they give you the morning or afternoon slot.

Find a time, make sure you are home, and you can have your dryer.

It is impossible to set a specific time, because there is no way to determine how long any one delivery will take. Use common sense!

@Phy

Do you really think Home Depot is any different? Having purchased appliances at both I can tell you they aren't.

No store that is making more than one delivery a day can guarantee an exact delivery time. There are far too many things that can pop up during the day that can set the schedule off.

Lowes only offers next day delivery on IN STOCK internet :) orders. I know because I deliver appliances for lowes

@Anonymous

No because I just bought an in stock freezer and the soonest they said they could deliver is in a week

Ordered a GE refrigerator on July 8 2013. Lowes called on July 18 to schedule delivery. We scheduled for Monday, July 22 2013. After storing food in coolers, at noon I called Lowes and asked for an approximate delivery time. This was the point where I was told the refrigerator was at the store and not out for delivery. Having taken one day off of work, I was not about to take another!

I was told they might be able to get it here on Tuesday, but Wednesday or Thursday was more likely.

Went down to the store, got a refund for a $1600.00 refrigerator and service plan.

Also returned "My Lowes card" as I will NEVER shop with this company again! :( :( :(

I bought a refrigerator on Friday morning because mine died Thursday. They promised next day delivery and even called with a delivery time.

Hubby took all of the food out of the still cold refrigerator (frozen stuff at the neighbors) and took the doors off and the front door off to get it out. Lowe's calls at the maximum time they would be here and asks if it will be inconvenient to deliver the next day. I said yes..all of my food is out and waiting for you all to arrive and the door is off the house. He said ok..we will be there in two hours.

In two hours they call and say they aren't coming.

Over 200 dollars worth of food now ruined. I'm suing.

you all shoulda went to sears

Read their signs completely gang. It say "next Day Free Delivery see associate for details." Your not reading the signs completely.

stunna2214
#311933

There are always going to be limitations to every policy. If a store has 2 delivery trucks and 25 appliances are sold each day for 3 days, there is a limit to how many can be delivered and installed honoring the "next day guarantee." Managers prioritize the deliveries of customers whose refrigerators/freezers have quit over your dishwasher or dryer. The problem lies in the fact that consumers have become so insatiable that they feel the need to blow up over being "inconvenienced." Its a breath of fresh air when a customer actually understands that things happen and is willing to compromise without demanding compensation.

@stunna2214

Bull *** with your compromise talk. Lowes makes a promise and when they do not follow through with their promise then to make it worse rarely convey information with the consumer makes them a bad seller. I think most people are willing to make some compromises if a store is going to be up front with them and COMMUNICATE with the buyer.

Bought a fridge on Saturday in Columbia, SC and ask for next day delivery and both the salesmen laughted. They said they could deliver on Thursday at the earliest.

I said your ad says next day free delivery and they said they had 1 driver and Thursday was as soon as I could get it.

Then they said I could pick it up myself but to call and give them 24 hours to get it to the front of the store for me to pick up. What happen to the buy by phone and pick up 20 minutes later promise??

It doesn't matter if an "ignorant" customer didn't read the fine print on next-day delivery - being given an "Oh. We don't know.

It'll get here when it gets here" for a week is unacceptable customer service.

They should at LEAST know what day the item will get to their store, the employees can put in the order while you stand there and immediately know which truck it will be on. I know this from experience.

And yes I AM writing this two years late, for those consumers who can still benefit from this post :)

Definitely a sham. I was purchasing gas stove, standing next to a sign that said next day delivery and hookup.

Salesman told me" By the way we don't hookup gas dryers" "OK". He printed out he ticket and told me it would be delivered in a week. I said what about the sign "next day delivery".

He said we don't have but one truck driver it will be a week. I told him to keep it, I won't need it in a week.

#219826

Maybe you guys just have very *** lowes where you live because I have never had a problem everything gets shipped when they say and everything. I love my lowes.

#581978
@Not all Lowes are bad. Sorry y

I have to agree here, if I ordered a garden hose over the phone and went to pick it up later in the day to be told it would be there in a week, I would be upset because it is just a garden hose. But if I'm buying a range or a fridge; something I will be using for years and years and years, what difference does it make if I get it today or a week from today.

I'm very loyal to my local Lowes because they are always friendly and are always willing to price match whatever discount, online only warehouse store price I can dig up for any given item. And no, I don't work there or even know anyone who does.

#219512

My wife and I purchased a washer/dryer set from Lowes last week and were told it would be delivered the next day.

I arranged to work from home that day with my company so I could be available to accept the delivery. We got 3 automated calls the night before delivery that the washer/dryer would be delivered the next day between 2pm and 4pm. Great! So I stay home from work the next day....9am rolls around and Lowes calls us saying the appliances aren't even in stock, never made it to the delivery company and won't be available until next week.

We are STILL waiting 1 week later for delivery. This will be the last time I EVER shop at Lowes.

I bought a refrigerator from Lowe's on 9/3/10. The salesgirl stated there were three in stock.

I was told they would deliver on 9/5 (well more than the 24 hours after purchase for DELIVERY, but whatever). So I get a call at 8:30 AM on Sunday 9/5, saying they'll deliver my fridge between 3 and 6 pm. I sit there from 1:30 to 7pm. No fridge, no calls, nothing (I had dinner plans I was late for because of this, and had to *** work).

I call today, 9/6, and am told they don't know what happened, but they'll call me back within a half hour. Three hours go by. I call back, only to simply be told they'll deliver it tomorrow 9/7 (that's what they said was in the comp, though my paperwork proves it was supposed to be on 9/5) and call in the morning to let me know when - no apologies, no explanations whatsoever. I told them I have to work tomorrow and already wasted one afternoon on them, so to make sure they schedule me for late afternoon (again)as it's the least inconvenient to me.

If it's not there tomorrow, I'm requesting a refund (or will call my CC company), and purchase from a locally owned business, which I should have done anyway, but didn't because I wanted the fridge right away. I went through *** with them a few years ago down south regarding a hot water heater, where they simply never showed up TWICE, but thought that was a one time problem, apparently not. Lowe's really needs to improve customer sercive, and seriously get it's act together.

I shouldn't have to *** work twice and not have calls returned (or made at all), and even worse with no apologies at all! CLEARLY the Lowe's employee who posted here needs to get THEIR facts straight, and obviously doesn't know what they are talking about, seems to be common there!

just purchased a washing machine, stove, refrigerater, and dishwasher on separate trips over the last three months. Each was delivered and installed within 24 hours. Guess I just got lucky>:)

Almost anyone who is going into Lowe's because of their "next day delivery" ads is also expecting installation. Lowe's knows that, and is counting on people coming into the store because of the "next day delivery" ads, and then buying anyway because they are already there.

That is a marketing ploy that closely borders on a sham. This is not the customers' fault, and Lowe's should know (and certainly does by now) that if they are going to pull that kind of ploy they are going to have angry people out there.

A few other things. I'm holding in my hand the Lowe's Appliance Buyers' Guide -- a pamphlet you can pick up at your local store which details the various options the consumer has when making a purchase. On the the first page of the guide (after the cover) they lay out in big bold leters the "Lowe's Appliance Advantage" promise:

* Guaranteed Low Price (match other stores)

* 100 percent satisfaction guaranteed -- repair, replace or refund if not happy in 30 days.

* Delivery... This is now a direct quote " Next-day local delivery + haul away + hookup. Any day you want it, 7 days a week. See an associate for details"

And this is where they get in trouble. The associate is supposed to tell you what does and does not apply. Mine didn't tell me a darn thing and their take is that I have to prove that to them. HA!

I didn't even mention that once I finally got the thing installed 5 days later, it broke down completely after 4 weeks. I have asked for a full refund but they are telling me that I would have to bring the dish washer to the store to get the refund. Either that or pay them to come uninstall it.

The exact same thing happened to me. I was told AFTER THE PURCHASE and missed delivery date that next day delivery doens't apply to anyhting but water heaters, which is nice to know, but completely in violation of the contract and all of the marketing materials they have plastered all over their store.

Go look yourself. See if you can find anything that tells you anything other than guiarnteed next day delivery and installation on all in-stock appliances. Their cop out is that the sales person is suppoed to tell you they don't really mean it, but my guy didn't tell me and I don't think it matters anyway.

It's in writing. He can say anything he wasts, it's what's in the contract that matters.

No where in any print,radio or t.v. ads does it state next day installation.

It simply states next day delivery on instock appliances. If you assumed there would be a service provided that wasnt,thats unfortunate.

"next day installation" is NOT a sham. I was promised delivery of refrigerator by a certain time and with a promise it would have a left-hand handle.

I tried calling the delivery people several times in the afternoon and when I fanally got someone, I was told, "they go home at 4:00" it was 4:15.

I was VERY annoyed since I was told the delivery date and had cleaned out my 'fridge and disconnected it. The dept manager and another employee delivered it at just around 5:00 with a right hand handle.

You are not telling the entire story. You are telling it so that you seem to be a victim.

In 95 per cent of these cases, the customer does not know what they are talking about.

Lowes does not do next day installations! They will deliver an INSTOCK appliance order the next day.

Get you facts straight.

Lowe's dosn't care. It's a fact!

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

Sounds like Lowe's PR making the above comment?????? :zzz

Lowes offers Next Day Delivery on In Stock Appliances. But are talking about Installation which is different The only Next Day Installation Lowes offers is on Water Heaters if purchased by noon. There has to be more to your story than this

View more comments (35)
Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes kitchen installer ruined my floor. I ordered Shenandoah kitchen cabinets

I ordered Shenandoah kitchen cabinets and granite countertops totalling $20,000 from Lowes. I chose Lowed installation service at $2995 but when their installer came to measure and look at the job, she charged us an extra point, $299.50 because extra work would be involved in floor preparation. Day of installation, the cabinets were placed and leveled on TOP of the edge of our existing laminate flooring. I asked the installer to trim the flooring so that the base counters would rest on the concrete floor and not on the edge of the laminate. He told me that wasn't part of their service and it was standard procedure to set the cabinet on top of, or in this case, on the edge of the flooring. Trim would cover anything that might show. I was very concerned as I thought laminate floors needed expansion space. The Lowes installer, Dave, assured me this 'no problem' and 'done all the time'. Now, remember, I paid $299.50 extra for this installation. Within 6 weeks of the cabinet install, my beautiful laminate floors started to show signs of buckling. I wrote Lowes April llth for assistance in correcting the problem. I had Empire Today, my original floor installation company, come and look at the problem. Although they charged me $1800 to 'fix' what they could, the cabinets were firmly sunk into the laminate and firmly held the planks so that those trapped under the dabinet edge had to remain in place. So, $1800 of my own money was spent trying to fix the Lowe's installer's mess. Now it is September 27, 2009 and Lowes has been to 'look' at the problem 3 times but nothing has been done to date. I took time off work to meet with one of their floor specialists, Mark. He assured me that his report would be in their hands that very day. Of course 3 days later no one was 'available' when I dropped into the store. The Manager Chas and the Installation Manager TJ we 'out'. Two days later, no call from Lowes. I called again and was told by TJ that he needed someone to come out to the house and measure for replacement flooring but that no one was available. He said he'd call me back that very afternoon. Now 3 days later, still no call back. Lowes is giving me the the runaround!!! My floors are getting worse as the twisting planks are spreading ... first the kitchen, then the entranceway (encumbered by the peninsula) and now down the hallway. Pretty soon Lowes is going to have to replace my entire house flooring if they don't hurry. Incidentially, in case thous sounds petty, Empire Today was originally paid $9,000 for the job and then $1,800 for repairs, and the floors were beautiful before the Lowes installation disaster.

Hard to believe the cabinets will cause that much problem for floor, installer was right that it is standard. Installers must move fast to make a profit.

Your floor can easily be cut afterwards by a flooring guy.to cut the floor precisely,first would require completely installing cabinets then tracing perimeter then remove cabinets cut floor and re install the cabinets.this would be triple the labor of a regular install and chance damaging cabinets from so much moving around. Your flooring Guy should have been able to remove flooring by cutting next to the toe kick. they should have saws for this cabinet installers do no have these saws. This sis the problem with do it your-selfer.

a knowledgeable general contractor would have foreseen these issues and had control of the different sub contractors to make sure thing are done properly and do be held accountable. Lowes are suppliers and can be held accountable.

You probably signed something taking responsibility for the install not lowes. they can only handle manufactures defects.

laminate over concrete???? moisture issue directly coming from the concrete.

Not a good idea to put any type of wood based product over concrete. Some concrete floors can emitlarge amounts of moisture through them.

That is why the boards are buckling. Also, why would there be buckling in an entranceway, and hallway which isn't even near the cabinets.

@moisture

sure over concrete. There are vapor barrier products that work wonderfully.

you are right about the buckling in entanceway.

The point that laminate was existing is puzzling. I think there are water issues look at the roof and the flooring Guy reinstall floors with a better vapor barrier.

My husband and I just had our whole kitchen done by Lowes...Cabinets, flooring & countertops. We had no problems at all and we love the results.

The cabinet installer was one of the nicest people and did a fantastic job on the cabinets.

The contractor who did the countertops was just as good. I have no complaints and I had no problems.

LOL at *** spends 20K on cabs and counters and is too cheap to buy a real floor. Good luck, teabagger...

If you buy cheap laminate up to 2$/SF this is what you get. You get buckling and splitting.

Buy 4$/SF laminate and you can place anything on top of it. It says so on the warranty.

@quality handyman

I did not want to call the flooring cheap but that is it. The good laminates are virtually indestructible.

Kitchens and baths need high quality. These are high traffic and sublect to water and chemicals grease.

I had wretched experience with a Lowe's bathroom vanity purchase and installation.

Lowe's tried to cheat us out of our original purchase. Assigned an installer who didn't know what he was doing and didn't have the tools to do it. Lied to us. Wasted two days of my husband's time. And to top it off, no apology.

They tried to charge me twice for the same vanity. I had to call up and down the corporate chain to get them to admit I'd already paid for it.

When the installer came the first time, he didn't have the tools to drill the vanity top for the faucet installation. Lowe's promised me they'd send it out again with the holes predrilled. The installer went back to pick it up. No holes drilled. My husband had to use his tools, which weren't the proper tools, and help the installer drill the holes.

I won't set foot in Lowe's ever again. They're happy to take your money (twice, if they can), but don't deliver what they promise.

#194983

Been waiting now for 3 weeks for my Wirlpool Range to be delivered and installed. I'm on my 2nd installer, the first came and took all the measurements and charged $35 and then never came back. Found out they were fired by Lowes but no one kept up on my order. New guys came to day and measured and promised an answer in 1 hour. 4 hours later, no joy

My atep son took a look and said the rage won't fit without cutting the countertop and cabinet face (news to me and never commented on by either Lowes installer). Turns out a 30" range is actually 30 3/4" wide!

Well I guess I was misled by Lowes Salesman, and 2 installers.

Oh yeah, just noticed that the second guy has screwed up the laminate when he shoved he old range back in place with his feet!

#194338

Just buy dont buy a kitchen from lowes they take you money and dont care :(

#194337

Just buy dont buy a kitchen from lowes they take you money and dont care :(

I agree and know just what you are going through. I spent 15000.00 at lowes for cabinets.

When the installer came out to put the counter top on he messed up by not cutting the top correctly. Has cost me alot of money and time to make it look right.

I wouldn't recommend Lowes to anyone.I'ts been 5 months just on counter tops. Pissed ;) :(

Get your state attorney general involved!

#119755

I have been a contractor for Lowes, have worked for Lowes, and I still run crews all over the east coast. Retailer4life is probably a nobody who cannot get promoted so he bashes whatever he can.

ALL installers are required to carry huge amounts of insurance. Try getting your floor replaced by a guy who doesnt have insurance...im sure you would remeber to sign a contract with him too..

people crack me up...how would a cabinet make your entire floor buckle? doesnt make any sense.

I thank you, just got a quote from HD for 20k plus for cabinets and was considering Lowes. NOT NOW after reading this you have saved me a bundle.

I have worked for Lowe's for 7 years,5 in the Install sales office & now a Kitchen Project Manager. Lowe's stands behind every install & warranty their installers work for 1 year.

Something does not sound right,call the district aim or cpo & let them know whats going on. No one,I mean no one stands behind their products & labor better than Lowe's.

If the installed sales office in the store cares anything about lowes and their customers. They will not have a substandard installer working for them.

It causes them as much pain as it causes the customer. Believe me.

I've had both lowes and HD install things in my homes. But it wasn't very pleasant either time.

As was said by the lowes employee the hire subs. And the subs are a *** shoot.

I went to lowes recenlty to get a price on cabinets and the guy was such an *** I walked out. I guess I'll buy mine at HD.

I have worked for lowe's for 15 years, and have been the manager of the installation department for 7 years. Believe me when I say this, if the installer did what you say he did.

LOWE'S WILL TAKE CARE OF THE ISSUE. Lowe's as a company will go as far as they needed to make a customer happy. You just haven't talked to the right people. You need to call the Area Install Manager or the corporate office, since the store doesn't seem to know how to deal with the issue.

Every company has people that just don't care, but we do want to know who they are by our customers. This seems to be the case. A professional inspector needs to be hired by lowe's and he will determine what caused the problem. This inspector will not be affilliated with lowe's, so the report will be unbiased.

Please call the customer service # 1-800-44lowes, and see what they can get done for you. This goes to the corporate office and then back to the store. But it is treated differently, because the corporate office has been alerted about it. It will be investigated, and if determined that the installer caused it by sitting the cabinets on the laminate, then Lowe's will replace it.

But the inspector must make this determination not a lowe's employee or another contractor.

Sorry this store isn't following lowe's customer service guidelines.

We always want Happy Customers period. That has always been Lowe's most important thing.

#811909
@lowesinstallinfo

My experience is that LOWE'S does NOT stand behind installation work. We recently purchased a stove for a vacation home and the installer (who we later learned was just an electrician) did a real hatchet job on our counters and cabinets that abutt the stove!

We complained and were referred to an agent for Lowe's who said that the only thing they could do is send someone to sand the cabinets so that they are straight (right now, the cuts are very uneven), put in some sort of cushion that goes on either side of the stove, and seal off the opening on each side with a white spill-proof seal. When the "repairman" finally showed up (2-3 hours late) it was THE SAME ELECTRICIAN who had made such a mess with the installation! Not only did he not sand the cabinet edges or install the cushion, he "sealed" the edges with stainless steel strips- not white, claiming he went to 4 stores but was unable to find the white strips. The stainless steel strips look very tacky against white counters and a white stove!

He also refused to install a bracket that came with the stove and supposedly is required to prevent tipping because, according to him, the bracket is only used in earthquake prone areas. Short of a lawsuit, we don't know where else to turn!

Box stores are exactly what it says. Never, I repeat never let a lowes installer install something for you.

Just because someone has a pickup full of tools doesnt mean that they are a finished carpenter.

Finish work requires a finished carpenter. Talk to general contractors that builds expensive homes and they will probably recomend someone for the job since they share this information, in an effort to keep the good installers buisy

Assuming that is what the "Installers" wanted to do! Keeping busy by "word of mouth" is great if you want to have your own business, hire people and like dealing with all of the issues...

However, I agree with Retailer4life on the first part. I wouldn't let Lowes go near my house. They hide behind the name "Lowes" expecting it to cover their poor management skills and follow-up.

Their idea of accountability is blaming non managers for their own mistakes and then they won't even come out to your house to face you and help fix problems!

Let's built something together!

Like a disaster.

www.firerobertniblock.com

I am a Manager for Lowes and I assure you our Installers are the cream of the crop They have to have background checks as well as carry a healthy amount of insurance. But with anything there is good and bad with everything and it sounds like you got the bad. You need to ask to speak to the AIM or Area Installation Manager explain the situation have them come look and they will hold the Installer accountable and take care of the 1900 dollars you had to pay.

Thank you retailer4life for your comments and insight. My next project involves replacing windows and Lowes will not be doing that job. I appreciate the heads-up.

Trust me, I know, I work for Lowe's myself, I would never have Lowe's install anything! I hear these sad stories virtually every day!

The problem is that the installer's are all "contracted out", meaning they do not work for Lowe's per se, as neither us nor Home Depot have "in house" install teams.

The other problem is, that these guys generally are not the "cream of the crop" if you get my drift, because if they were good installers, they would not have to rely on the box stores to send them work, they would have plenty of "word of mouth" referrels to keep them busy. I personally either do my own installs myself or go to a "pro" if it is out of my league, but will never let the store do it.

View more comments (25)

Lowes

Lowes store manager DOM in Severn Maryland never took basic people skills trainning!He is rude and speaks down to people.He should be lucky to have a job! How does a person like Dom become a store manager? I had a problem with a very large kitchen and flooring install. Since he elected to NEVER return any of my several calls I had everything returned and took my money and went to Home Depot. I had the best service EVERY! There were several employees that had nothing good to say about Dom. I will never return to Lowes as long as that poor excuse for a manager is there, cause that tells me that they dont care about there customers anymore.

They have a manager of some sort at this store that likes to push you to the point of leaving the store, he is weird to the point of just being all over you. You would think they would have gotten rid if this person by now.

I have never had this type of thing happen at any other store before all they have to do is ask if I need any help and just leave me alone afterwards instead of being all over me.

Is this the new Lowes way of doing things!!! You just lost my business at this store.

Funny, the store manager in Hannibal, MO has some serious people skills issues as well. He acts like he's God's gift to customers until you make your puchase then, once your money's in his pocket, he won't give you the time of day.

He'll be down right rude as *** to you.

I returned all my purchases for a flooring job and took my money to Home Depot. Ian Butler can kiss my ***.

This web site is for poorly treated people like you. Trust me, your not the only one.

Thank goodness for websites likwe www.pissedconsumers.com & www.lowesceo.com. Go right too the source!

View more comments (2)