store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Did not have product | Lowes review from Greensboro, North Carolina

On 4-8-10 I went to Lowes 125 Huffman Mill Rd.Burlington N.C to purchase on SALE 2/$10.00 Knock Out Roses.Needless to say 2 years in a row theyhave been out.I went back and they said they would be in on Tues...went back on Thurs.and was told the truck broke down and they would be in on Friday.So..back to Lowes today 4-17-10 and you guessed it..still they have not recieved the roses.Fortunately a lady named Ruth was on duty and got the Manager Steven and they were very nice and helpful.Now what is your problem?Are you not using a Vendor that can supply what you order.if so you need to change or at least DO NOT ADVERTISE PRODUCTS YOU DO NOT HAVE.I am a PISSED SENIOR .My income does not allow to go to your store 3 times for one item.Burlington has a very good store ..so take care of it. Shirley Dixon ave been out.

shouldn't have to call first? What, does your phone emit electrical shocks when you touch it?

First you complain about having to drive there, and now you're complaining about calling..do you want them to hand deliver the things and plant them for you? I know Steve went to bat for you, but seriously, you don't deserve roses!

You shouldn't have to call first-simple solution-STOP advertising the garbage if you don't have it in stock-Lowe's SUCKS!!! What a bunch of *** in charge there.

to ???

She probably needs her parents permission before using the phone.

What the child writing the letter needs to do is go earlier and learn her lesson from previous experiences, however being a child she is not capable of doing this yet. Perhaps the message will sink in once she reaches the third grade.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Things happen and orders get delayed. You could have saved two trips by simply picking up your phone and calling the store to see if the roses had arrived before making a trip to the store.

View more comments (5)
Service
Lowes Manager

Bad Management | Lowes review from Cassatt, South Carolina

I have bought everything from Lowes when I remodeled my whole house in the last few years. I always recieved A 10% discount from the management. Recently I went to the Camden SC Lowes where I always go and wanted to purchase an trialer. And management told me that there is no way __she could give me anything off on it, I said I could go to The two notch store and get it. She said that would be fine, so I did go there and yes I did get my discount. She didnt even ask me if I was military for the discount guess that dosnt matter anymore. Actually I think I was just the wrong color!!!!!

There are always customers who spend way more than you do at Lowe's. You are not unique and you are not doing them a favor.

They own the product that you need. Based on your town/city you only have so many options.

More home improvement stores just means more monsters get a piece of you. You are a slave to corporate America and there's nothing you can do about it.

You must be purple to be playing the *** RACE CARD ***.

Looks like another crybaby here. Crying because they did not get what they want, somthing they are not entitled to. Something they think they are owed just because of who they are.

What makes you so special that you think anyone owes you a discount? It's self important people like you that salespeople love to avoid.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Denied promo loan @ lowes stores

I applied for an interest free promotion @ LOWES, and after being asked several personal questions was denied on the spot. No reason was given and LOWES didn't even know who they were using for the credit bank, so I couldn't call and had to wait for the deniel letter. Reason for denial, "UNABLE TO VERIFY IDENTITY WITH INFORMATION PROVIDED". What a crock, and of course there is no phone number on the denial letter. I don't understand, after all the intrusive questions, they can say they can't verify who I am. Total nonsense. As far as LOWES stores, they should know what credit agency is being used and provide the consumer with that information, in the event of a denial.

Lowes Store Screwed Me Out Of $107.00 Gift

Lowes store screwed me out of a $107.00 gift! I had brought back a non working product,Lowes said they would exchange it. Instead of exchanging the gift,like they said they would.They gave back the person who bought it for me,credit on there credit card.I asked Lowes not to do this,but they did againest my wishes. The person who bought me this gift, no longer has that credit card,so the card does not exist.I had asked Lowes to cancal,the transaction & so did the person who had bought the gift,since the card does not exist anymore.Lowes saided they would call me back,but didnt.I got a brush off from them,when I called them. Lowes has my $107.00 gift.I cant believe Lowes gave back credit againest my wishes,on a credit card that doesnt exist.Why couldnt Lowes, just give me a even exchange like they said they would.THANKS TO LOWES,THEY SCREWED ME OUT OF A GIFT THAT WAS BOUGHT FOR ME!!

Wel if they did this the person who got u this gift should have gotten a check back at the address they last had on file.. The person who's card was credited should have called the card company and made sur they would send the check if there was no balance if there is a bal it would go towards it...

Trust me this happened to me but not at lowes I got a check in the mail... So chances r the person who got u this got $ back in some form... And I bet u any $ this is the case...

And welcome to the real world accidents happen all it takes is 1 button to credit the card used ... Be mad at the person who got u this gift and tell her to call the card co not lowes they can just cancEl a return!!!

Welcome to the real word, people are just following the companies policies,it will be more surprises in your life and you will have to learn how to deal with it on your own and not blaming someone.

And like "Irish" I think same.

Genius, they do returns the way that they received the money.

View more comments (2)

Dishwasher purchase | Lowes review from Newark, New Jersey

I bought a dishwasher from Lowes.com. I made the purchase over the phone after viewing it online and paid by creditcard 3 days ago. I still have not been contacted with any delivery schedule! I have been put on hold by the store waiting for a manager for more than 20 minutes and hung up. I called the Lowes.com number 4 times today and gave up after waiting mre than 30 minutes for anyone just to answer the phone!! How does this company stay in buisness? How do they sell anything if they don't bother to answer the phone?

I went to the store and had a great customer service experience. Our delivery was scheduled before we left the store. :grin

Lowe's 3000 Management needs to be FIRED | Lowes review from Mesa, Arizona

I don't mind shopping at Lowes, I am a vendor for Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, Kmart, Ace Hardware and so forth. I've never in my 30 years of dealing with stores had any trouble until Lowes #3000 opened their doors. Lowes #3000 is on Rural and Baseline in Tempe, Arizona. I get along fine with all the employees except for the management. They are *** bent on doing things "WRONG". My suggestion is to stay away from this store, especially the garden center. Want quality? Go to Home Depot on Warner & Kyrene. Tell em Charlie Jackson sent ya
#197735

I have been to that Lowes store and was looking for garden equipment, the guy helping me name was Charlie don't know his last name..well he kept getting closer and closer to me and made me very uncomfortable, if i'm not mistaken I think he was hitting on me, I tried to talk to a manager but they couldn't find one for me... Next time I go in there I will take my 26 year old son with me and GOD help him then!! Women who are shoping alone please stay out of the garden area..

#196530

This thread is false and an attempt to frame someone. If you can't figure that out, then you need to go back to school. I suggest hitting that report link on every thread till the thread is gone.

#196516

This thread is false and an attempt to frame someone.

#196512

*** thread, *** *** posing as other people. Where is the link to delete it???

#195616

Seruiously I need this thread deleted it could cost me my job because I admitted to breaking both Lowe's policie and our policies. The managers had another beef with me and are threatening to take this to my company where I admitted to breaking the policies. Need it removed before they can do this.

#195613

#195612

How do you delete a thread on here???

As far as customer service this Lowes is the best of any other home improvement stores. The management in the garden dept.

far exceeds my expectations. Just because someone got butt hurt for not following the rules gives them no right to mud slinging

Have you ever been to jobvent.com might surprise you with what people think?

Both Irish and CrazyKens are acting six. Irish posts comments to stir people up, and Ken calls this a "retard" site just because he is not getting the replies he is expecting. Not only that but he is using other identities to "agree" with his complaints.

View more comments (29)
Review

Lowe's messed up washer delivery and installation | Lowes review from Nashville, Tennessee

First, there were the three delivery attempts. The first time, for some reason my name didn't get put on the list. The second time, they didn't have all the parts. The third time, they were four hours late. I actually got the washer that time, but installation was left, shall we say, incomplete. What happened was that they broke the dryer vent connection, and the unit, which was stacked, was no leveled. I knew I couldn't use the dryer, but I thought I could use my brand new washer. Well, once the spin cycle kicked in, all *** broke loose. So, I emptied the washer and called Lowe's to make it right. The first manager I spoke with very nicely listened, and then he connected me to the delivery manager. I was told, after some checking that someone would be to my house between 3 and 4 (let's see, 4th visit, how many hours of waiting....??). Well, at 5:30 I got a call from the same guy who "installed" my washer to say that Lowe's wasn't responsible for the dryer not being connected to the vent. So, I called Manager #2 and let him have it. Do they think I'm ***? They had three tries to deliver, and I gave them a chance to make it right, then they say they aren't responsible, and then when they want to make it right after I ream them a new one, they want to send the same guy who failed in the first place. Five strikes? Even in baseball, you only get three before you are out. I will no longer be a Lowe's customer.
Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes knows how to run off thier best customers

As a small construction company, we spent about $41,000 with Lowes last year across three states. I'm guessing that makes us one of thier better customers. At the end of each project, we have a small collection of unused stuff...a few light switches, switch plates, pipes, etc which we just take back to Lowes. Lowes normally finds the stuff on our credit card, but when they don't (because we paid cash or used a store credit card), they check our driver's license and give us a store credit...which we just use on future projects. But last night, I apparently hit the some magic ($250?) return threshold, they would only take back 2 of the 5 things I was returning, and was told I can never again return anything to Lowes. If we can't do the occasional returns, we simply can't buy from Lowes, because it really hurts our profitability and we obviuosly don't need the stuff that we don't need on the project. So today we set up our account at Home Depot and ordered carpet from them for our customer's 5,000 square foot home, 400 feet of wood fencing, and a bunch of other stuff as part of the renovation. So because of Lowes $35 rejected return, Home Depot wins all our business forever. And because we subcontract out a lot of our work, we informed all our subcontractors today that they too are expected to avoid using Lowes wherever possible and instead concentrate thier puchases at Home Depot. And the funniest part of this whole thing -- the return that Lowes rejected -- we just sent one of our emplyees over to Lowes and they took the return because it was not my driver's license. So Lowes *** policy doesn't do anything for them at all, aside from running off thier best customers. All's well that ends well for me. And all's bad that ends badly for Lowes.
#1462059

Just look at the complaints about Home Depot and you will find that there will be a point where they quit taking your returns as well. Most stores limit the amount of product they take back without a receipt to combat theft.

Having worked at a competitor of Lowes for years I can tell you that "best customers" are known to help themselves to products just like a common shoplifter. Once had our best contractor who spent in the millions a year at the store throw a couple of boxes of roofing nails in the back of his truck. When we confronted him he said with al the money I spend here I ought to be entitled to a bonus now and then. If you paid for the $35 worth of product you would have a receipt or it would show up in their records.

Sounds like you have gotten to the point where you have returned enough material without a receipt to put a stop to it. Some stores put a stop to it after 3 returns without a receipt and will not accept returns of high theft products without a receipt at all.

Spending $41,000 a year doesn't rank you as a best customer, many contractors spend hundreds of thousands if not millions for products. You are a good customer but even "good" customers have to follow the stores policies.

Keep your receipts and it's all avoided.....

You *** Lowes has a return policy of 90 business days. Just the fact that they even returned it after those 90 days is a upside to this situation.

And on top of that, Lowes only allows so many in-store credit returns using an ID, because who's to say that you didn't steal those items, and bring them back in to put the money towards other purchases? It's called getting blacklisted.

It's a very smart business move, it helps minimize shrink, and ensures that people don't simply steal items, return for merch credit, and then sell the cards online for profit. It's a simple loss prevention tactic

@Mike

you are such an *** Mike! If Lowes DIDN'T run off employees they could verify the people come in and buy stuff ALL THE TIME!

But like most BIG chains, they have a HIGH personnel turn over.

You must WORK for LOWES right? OR YOU ARE ONE OF THE idiots that troll the pissed customer reviews just to leave negative feedback on someones bad experience, OR you are some *** with the IQ of 10 that can only get a job at lowes right?

Had a good giggle from the other lowes employees, also a good giggle from the argument on it costs lowes $$ for labor on having to return and restock the parts. I have worked the register and the floor takes me about a minute to process a return and if i have 3 shopping carts full of items it will take me about half an hour of my time to restock, its my JOB to do this and costs lowes $7.50 so to the Contractor hold your ground and you have the right to rant.

Also considering I've been a construction worker i speak for you guys as well, we aren't making 500 dollars extra on the job for returning some parts like some have insinuated and not everything can be planned for. These people are ignorant saying contractors come in drunk at 6am, thats a joke and a half and are just trying to bash your character.

To my fellow employees. Your Tears Are Delicious :cry :grin

actually it would be more than .6% for cost. you are forgetting about the cost of labor to take back returns, stocking, etc.

i am not disputing whether or not they should take back your returns, but whether you know it or not, it DOES cost more than what you think.

but shop at the place that meets your needs...

To Lowesassociated12yrs....

I don't mind being called out in a public forum. What I am really pissed about is Lowes employees using this post on this forum to say that all contractors (including us) that come to Lowes are:

"The *** ones", "Drunks with alcohol on our breath", "*** that pad our bids".

In Reply to Lyla....

The flaw is your theory is the volume of sales versus returns. If we buy $40,000 and return $250, that is a 0.6% return rate.

No big deal for Lowes or Home Depot. But a group of homeowners that each buy $500 worth of stuff and each return $25, that's a 5% return rate. That makes homeowners much more costly and unprofitible to Lowes. Then Lowes runs me off, and so do they try to attract 80 new customers ($500*80=$40,000) to make up for the lost contractor business?

Maybe they run more sunday newspaper ads ($$$$$), put more stuff on sale ($$), staff the place to help all those homeowners ($$). Seriously, the 0.6% return rate is nothing for Lowes compared to the insanely high cost of trying to attract, service and retain the high maintenance homeowners.

And I've stood in line with the people returning stuff at Lowes and Home Depot. There are a whole lot of homeowners making returns and not too many contractors.

To Contractor: Actually I am not a Lowe's employee. I did work for them 6 years ago and have done business with them for the last 6.

I have dealt with contractors for the past 20yrs so I have much experience in this matter. If you didn't want to be called out in a public forum them you should never post on a public forum and to be called a embarresment to the Lowe's brand why would you really care when Lowe's has treated you so badly. No place in Lowe's is there a sign that says it is a nonprofit organization.

If they choose not to continue to let you return items then that is their choice, live with it or shop somewhere else and in this world of fraud and loss prevention every big business will eventually cut you off as well. Like I tell my sales people, sometimes it is better to walk away from a sale because it will cost you in the long run.

@Lowes***ociated12yrs

yeah... keeping thinking that way!

Let's see where your profit is in about a check! DOWN I would bet money on it. CUSTOMERS ARE EVERYTHING! Competition is a BIG thing now, and customer service when BAD will turn CUSTOMERS away that pay YOUR salary!

It's common for some sales associate *** to try to justify BAD behavior! and there is NO excuse for BAD SALES ASSOCIATE behavior. Deal with customers!

or CHANGE YOUR JOB!

View more comments (21)
Review

Extended warranty not worth the paper it is written on. | Lowes review from Columbia, Missouri

My stack wash/dryer made a horrible noise we called Lowes service center and they said it just wasn't level. However, the noise continued and after having the unit for two years, it stopped spinning. We called a repair man and the tub unit was actually sitting on the floor;it had broken away from the washer. We have the extended warranty but the company is running us around and playing games. They said they are not certain whether they will honor our warranty or not. Anyone that reads this, please believe me the extended warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on. We have bought several appliances at Lowes but this will definitely be the last.

I have washer that quit working, I called the Lowes extended warranty the Saturday before thanksgiving and I got an appointment for the next tueday the guy never showed up. I call and he doesn't go to Sandy, Oregon on Tuesday he would be here on Wednesday.

He unplugged a connection and said that was the problem. I asked if he was going to fix it and he said it was fine. He left the machine doesn't work. Called him it would be another week for him to come back.

I called Lowes and They had someone else to send. This appointment was for the Friday after thanksgiving. A no show again they would need to order parts. No one has looked at it to know what is wrong.

3 rd appointment on December 3rd wrong part ordered still no one has checked it. I called Lowes again and was told they found the part and would be back by 5:00 on Monday. A no show again. Called Lowes and they can get me appointment for next Monday.

I will never shop lowes again and will need to fix my washer myself. and am going to make sure all my friends know not to shop Lowes.

Just got off the phone with extended warrenty people saying they cannot replace our washer because we dont have a year left on our warranty plan before it expires, but we have had this washer fixed 6 times within the last 3 months, the washer a little over 2 years old, this is horrible customer service i see why people are running away from lowes and right to home depot.......so pissed right now

I bought a Samsung dryer at Lowe's two years ago. I did purchase the Lowe's extended warranty.

Today the drum stopped spinning. I called Lowe's and the earliest they can send a repair person is next Friday - an entire week without a dryer. According to the Internet, this is a common problem as the belt slips off.

I'll fix it myself. Lowe's needs to address THEIR extended warranty issues.

i am calling lowes from over a month now to resolve my gas range problem with is not working at all!

repairing guy cam twice to repair with not compitible parts! so just waiting and waiting, i call them and they said next week.

when i call next week they said another 2 weeks. wtf.

okay,,, i waited 2 week.. i call again..

they said part will come after 2 business day and they will call you for repair time? i dont think buy anymajor from Lowes.

Totally agree! Not worth the paper it is written on.

Been waiting on their fly-by night repair people for over a month to fix our washing machine. When you call Lowes directly, they are NOT helpful and just refer you back to the repair people.

In the end, we will get justice because with with speak with our $$$. Will never make another purchase at Lowes...period.

Lowe's uses a fly-by-night appliance repairshop called Nite-Owl in Joliet, Illinois. They have kept us waiting for over 5 weeks (so far!) I will never purchase another extended warranty from Lowe's. They obviously don't care about quality service, once they know they aren't getting any more money out of you they don't care how long it takes!

Worst purchase I have ever made. Whirlpool Cabrio washer machine is worthless.

This machine fails to operate: always out of balance, adds grease marks to clean clothes, takes an hour to wash whites, and the list goes on. It has been several weeks now that the washer stopped working and Lowes is still waiting to complete repair. Lowes extended warranty is a joke. Integrity Appliance Company wrote on the service slip that it would be better to replace unit than repair it...

What did Lowes decide to do: Make us wait for ALL the repair parts to show up before letting Integrity Appliance Company schedule an appointment to replace many defective parts. Last time it took Integrity Appliance Company almost two weeks to schedule an appointment to replace a defective part after they obtained replacement part. They are a very busy company and we (consumer) need to wait in line...

10 days to get an appointment. I wish I had their business where customers have to beg to get decent service.

Bottom line: As far as I am concerned, Whirlpool Cabrio is the worst washer machine ever built and Lowes extended warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.

While they may dodge the point, I think the warranty is legally binding.

The real problem is Lowes "Guarantee" which is worthless and really nothing more than a "promise". I have experienced several failures of their guarentees (price, installations) which were followed by "Where did you read that?" and resolved by "We can't do that.. do you still want this anyway?"

We bought an extended refrigerator warranty and when the fridge broke 3 years later, they sent out a repairman the next day AND replaced $270 worth of spoiled food. We were pleasantly surprised, to say the least. And we live in a very rural area, 45 miles from the repair center, so we are not used to this good kind of service.

u did not utilize your waranty properly. If you had called for service 3 times within a 12 month period about that noise it falls under their no lemon policy and would have given u a replacement.

they have no choice but to repair it now or they will give you your money to buy a new one.

I f a problem persists speak directly to management at store level and they aid your situation. I BELIEVE IN LOWES PROTECTION PLAN!!!!!!!

View more comments (9)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Battery purchase | Lowes review from Springvale, Maine

Refused to accept my old battery, towards a new one and give me a credit. There reason was I did not buy old battery from a Lowe's. I have never heard of this before.I have traded old batteries for new at Walt Mart with no problems about where I had bought the old one. I have done this through many other stores in the past. This is a first. Can you please explain the reason behind there actions. No one really new what to do, so they took this action.They should of called another store to check. Instead of loosing a customer.