Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Shallotte, North Carolina - Sucky Lowe's Customers And Their *** Attitudes and Actions

I work in Lowe's in Southport,NC. I am sick of dealing with some of the dumbest and unthinking customers in the world. First of all,let it be known I bend over backwards for every customer no matter how rude they are. For you lovely customers out there,get a clue and DO NOT come in five till close to do an installed freakin sale. We have to wait till your slow butts are out the door before we can begin to close our departments and our registers on the front end. Also,use some brain cells and please do NOT come in at five till close to return and dump a load of lumber at the return desk. That is what the LUMBER area is for. And bring a freakin receipt for freak's sake! If you don't have one you get a gift card and of course most of you just complain and gripe about it. And STOP pressing the help buttons five hundred times!!! WE HEAR YOU!!! Sometimes we are helping others and can't get up there in five seconds like you expect us too. You guys need to remember...just because your rich butts live in St. James and you come in wearing those gosh awful bermuda shorts that we are beneath you and don't matter. I got news for you. YES WE DO. PERIOD!!! PISSED OFF EMPLOYEE

and i smart cookie learn to spell before you criticize anyone else you seem uneducated.

It does suck to work in retail and its so annoying some people act like they are the only ones in the world like no one else or nothing else even matters. I hate when customers stroll in at 5 minutes til closing time its like they do it on purpose which makes it harder for everyone to get home on time.

consider the people who need to get their children from day care or the people who have no vehicle and have to take a bus home in freezing cold weather at 11:00 at night. They dont deserve to be walked over by a bunch of inconsiderate snobs.

they deserve to be treated like any other human being. I hate when people are selfish and inconsiderate and waste peoples time for no god *** reason grow up and get lives

u dont seem to be the shrest blade in the drawer big boy . first u tell the company u work 4 exactly what u think of ur job ***. so to tell us we are *** wow or maby u dont work 4 lowes anymore .

I always have had great experiences at lowes when I go there. They always smile and are happy to show me where the restrooms are since I don't like using the one at my house.

Always with a smile too... I also like taking my kids to mcdonalds and then to lowes so we can eat in the parking lot and let them play in the sheds they have on display...Not that I intend on buying a shed or anything for that matter..I just enjoy taking up space in the parking lot. I just wish they would make sure to keep there soap dispensers in the restroom full..Onetime they were out of soap and I came in at 6:01 am and I ended up having to dryshave...I complained to the manager about being out of soap Bu t at least they had plenty of paper towels to clot my shaving cuts. I also enjoy their contractor cookouts they have..even though I'm not really a contractor and the only thing I've ever built was massive debt on my 15 credit cards.

I also love the way they cave and give me my "Just because I'm Alive" DISCOUNT! I love Lowes when I'm mad at home depot :upset I love taking up peoples time asking many *** questions when I really have no intention of buying anything and especially i9f there are other real customers with checkbook in hand or cash ready to drop a huge purchase :p I also love taking pieces of hardwood that a friend gave me and that I have NO CLUE of who made it..Model number...Item Number and no name (Unless I just Make up a name) trying to save face and get an employee to call every vendor in the U.S. and describe the hardwood flooring in their hand.

:grin As you can clearly see...I HAVE NO LIFE...and I don't intend on buying one from Lowes even if it is marked down 50% and even if I did I'd return it and try to get list price for it. :p I am the common customer ;)

The only problem I had with Lowes is getting something custom made and there installers. Had a cabinet top put it, they came out and measured it.

When they put it in they had measured the wall as beeing square. The just missed it by a 1 1/2. Had a nice gap and they would not take it back. Same with windows same problem, this time it was 10 sets, none fit.

Had better luck at Home Depot but there not to bright either. :(

ps. I no longer shop at the Lowes in northern Delaware because of poor customer service.

hey there, we all have to deal with inconsiderate, greedy people no matter what side we are on. I have been on both sides.

Please don't laugh, but I think it would be useful to teach the children more respect, integrity and knowledge of what is important. Many people that you describe are probably just not good thinkers or problem-solvers and many are just impatient, selfish and greedy.

Fear and greed ruin things. that's all.

Heres another gripe about customers....It is HOME IMPROVEMENT. Not Trailer Improvement...Go to a mobile home supply House for your ***!

quit *** at me Because we don't have it. Or Better yet "BUY A HOUSE"!!!!

FYI

www.lowesceo.com :zzz

I hear ya Sapphirea. It is even better when you work for a small business owner.

Picture this....the place closes at 5:30, you are balancing the register and closing out for the day. You have a stay at home female that had ALL DAY to come and shop just realized they ran out of a product. The time now is 6pm. :cry You have a 1/2 hour drive home, your own family to get home to, cook a meal for them, clean up, pay bills, etc, etc.

The owner says, OPEN THE DOOR, LET THEM IN and you are there for another 20 minutes because the customer is "looking around" and chatting it up because it is apparently they do not have anything better to do at the moment. In the meantime, another set of people strides in EVERN THOUGH there is a sign posted on the front door with the hours and the CLOSED sign is up, so after a 5:30 closing one leaves about 6:30. People just do not care or realize that even people that have businesses or work in retail also have a life, families and other responsibilities. Most people that own a business or are managers are there 60-80 hour per week and then go home and STILL work on business related tasks such as orders, new products, paying bills, meetings, etc, etc.

Sure it was their choice to open a business, but than does not negate the inconsiderate behavior of some people that are the constant abusers of that business owner. There are business hours for a reason...people DO have families, homes and other tasks to do besides their business. People do not respect other people or their time. I understand the whole customer service thing, BUT do customers, even GOOD customers care or respect that business owner as NOT to take advantage of them?

No. Inconsiderate!

They just take advantage of people. One will not understand until one walks in those shoes.

No. Inconsiderate!

You probably do bend over,***!

View more comments (11)
Review

Lowes in Shallotte, North Carolina - Totally Dumb and Sucky Customers Who Drive Lowe's Employees NUTS!

I work at Lowe's in Southport NC. I can't BELIEVE the attitudes some people have. Now,let it be known I bend over backwards and am nice to everyone no matter what but i have to vent. You lovely customers need to STOP coming in at five till close to do an installed sale. We cannot pull the money from registers till your *** is out of the store and it makes it harder on us. Another thing, you need to get a clue and a BRAIN and not wait till five till close to return 500 boards of lumber at the RETURN desk. That's what the lumbar area is for,though I doubt they appreciate that either. And if you DO bring a return,use some brain cells and BRING THE *** RECEIPT! If not you are getting a gift card. But of course you are going to *** and whine and moan about that because most of you no matter how hard we try want MORE MORE MORE sucking us dry like vampires. We are people too. I don't care if you live at St. James. WE MATTER TOO! THINK before you act. Period. I'm done now.

My favorites are the customer that actually gets pissed because we don't carry the twin male extension cord, that is an extension cord with a male plug on both ends. Or the ones looking for the 3 prong to 4 prong adapter for their new dryer.

Neither of these things actually exist. LOL They are right up there with the board stretcher.

another thing when you bring back the grass seed/ fertilizer throwers that you used to seed your yards ...MAKE SURE to (Wash them OUT) wouldn\'t want another customer who actually wants to purchse something they intend to use several times to see it\'s already been used and returned..might get the impression that the previous customer that purchased it was cheap

well I had a customer come in 5 till 10 with her son who was purchasing a carpet install. First time I've ever seen the woman...had been talking to him and his fiancee for 3 weeks prior about the install and carpet choices and leadtimes.

When she showed up I filled out the contract he signed it and I sold it thru the system. The next thing I know after 10 minutes of contract jots and tittles his mother said they wanted installed in 3 days...wellllllllll he had chosen special order carpet and he and his fiancee were aware of the leadtime of 2weeks. It was already 10:10 and registers were closed so I offered to correct everything first thing in the morning and they could pickout an instock carpet to be installed in 3 days..But what she didn't know the boy and his fiancee had already looked at ionstock carpet and didn't like it. Anyway after she went bonkers I went to my car in the parking lot and this lady was still going ape in the parking lot screaming and grunting like some sort of spastic clown.

Evidently the mother in law had something to prove to her sons fiancee I guess.

I have never seen such a display of lunacy. It also might help after someone asks you 3 times what can they help you with that you actually give them a response associated with retail merchadise you are actually looking for.

@incredible

So now lowe's is spending money to hire spies to watch the aisles for an employee who does not engage every customer so they can fire them. Now that is not saying they should not be enguaging everyone. But this does not give way to a chance of forgetfulness or accident of missing someone or even the fact you have greeted that person to death already but it means that a spy several aisles away from you can tell if you are speaking with a customer or even greeting them what a *** plan make employees anal about doing the job and fearful each day of on the spot termination

Ok so did we just help the problem with all of this positive talk??? Just curious......

You want change?? Have the courage to "CHANGE" your attitude and lead by

example! :)

Lance,

Hehe thank you! you read my mind..

Sapphirerain91.

Go back to the projects where you belong!

Go to home depot if you have problem with lowes then you'll go back to lowes when you have a problem with home depot.you want never be satisfied so go home an cry yourself to sleep.

Sally and Lance,

You miss the point. I don't know what kind of work you do or if you even work.

Think about how you want to be treated when you shop. It doesn't matter what kind of store. Now, think carefully about how you treat the people serving you. YOU may treat the people serving you with some amount of respect but many people shopping do not.

Saphirerain91 is not expecting people to treat her as royalty, she is not even asking people to treat her with respect. She is just asking people to not be disrespectful. Yelling at a cashier (who does not make the rules but must follow them) because you don't like the way the computer system is programed is just ridiculous. What do you expect her to do?.....rewrite the computer code and store policy to accomodate your yelling?

Do you expect the drycleaner to understand how the machines are put together and fix them if they go down? Do you expect the guy who mows your lawn to put together a lawn mower from scratch? Do you expect the pizza delivery guy to 1. fix the ovens if they break and 2.

repair his car himself? Then why do you expect the Lowes associates (or any other retailer) to rewrite the computer program for you? The computer program is what it is. Yelling and being rude to the associates will not give you your cash or whatever else you want.

If you don't like the associates response then ask for someone who has the authority to change it. Bottom line think before you react and be nice. It will get you a lot farther. Many of these associates have the same frustration you do and really do want to help you get the results you want.

Do you really think they want to be screamed at? It doesn't matter if you work a job for $5 an hour or $100. All any of us want to do is come to work, do our best and go home to take care of our families.

All of us want to be treated nicely or at the very least fairly. Remember that before you rush to hurtful words and nasty behavior.

@Been There Done That

Yes , You are soooooooo right. Most customer are good but you have some that are just plain ***.

Either they have money and think they are better than you are or just lead a miserable life and want to bring you down too.

I dont let them get to me anymore. I have worked at Lowes for ten years now and feel it is time for a change.

Your welcome S! Unless people have been there, they just do not get it. I challenge anyone that thinks that these people are parasites go out and get one of these parasitic job for a few weeks and see who the parasite really is.

:eek

My experience has revealed there are some people that are insecure with themselves or they "think" they have a little $$$ so that in turn requires the world to cater to them and they treat others as if they were beneath them. :roll Truth be told, people who have worked these jobs or people that DO in fact have any decent amount of $$$ usually do not treat people poorly. Most crawled though lowly parasitic jobs working for greedy individuals or corporations that denied offering any benefits so they could lined their own pockets. Some people have been there so they do not treat others poorly. Those that ride the coattails of their parents $$$, were handed $$$ from family or just live a lifestyle on plastic (credit cards) in my experience behave poorly. I have run into the occasional self made, independently wealthy ***hole too. ;)

THANKS WHOA!!! :) :grin :grin

Sally, there are people that have Masters Degree that I know that have lost their GOOD PAYING, WHITE COLOR, 6 -FIGURE, ELITIST jobs and had to slum it by taking a job at local home improvement centers, retail shops and the like. Not their fault, just the way the economy is.

I also have friends with college age kids that work these jobs, so maybe they are getting an education while servicing some pompous, self righteous, selfish, better than most of the population, it is all about me minded customers.

Lance, to write such a post may be a reflection of ignorance, arrogance or stupidity. Whatever the case, I am sorry and apologize on your behalf for anyone that has any sort of contact with you. Those same people you may look at as being a "parasite to those that want to do better" may be the same people that mow your lawn, care for your kids, change your oil, clean your home, sell you clothing, check you out at the grocery store.

If not them, who would? You would need to! I hope that you are NEVER in a position where you would need to lower your standards and swallow that pride in needing to accept such a job to pay your mortgage or put food on the table for your family. In this current business environment where people are still losing jobs, GOD HELP YOU.

No one is immune. I have seen hot shot attorneys foreclose on homes, doctors that downsized their homes and their wives having to get a job (being a "parasite to those that want to do better" Ha, they may drive a better car than you do! An MD's wife is a cashier at the local grocer & drives a brand new Jag so go figure!) I know people with JD's that are scraping by working these jobs.

In closing, I hope your cleaning lady never gets a hint of your real feelings (working for minimum wage and no benefits, continuing being a parasite to those that want to do better), She just may use your toothbrush to scrape your toilet bowl. :eek Get a grip, you are NO better than anyone else.

RIGHT ON Head Cashier!!!! :grin :grin :grin

The employee's of Lowes are just a reflection of their company. Poor attitudes, NO customer service, poor screening of subcontractors, dumb cashiers, and returned products back on the shelves because of a no care attitude.

Just keep on bit*chen and let see how Low Lowes can go.

@Another so called loser

Are you serious? It's likely entitled, selfish customers like you who make retail a living ***.

Employees, especially at the retail level (not management), do NOT have any control over the following: what is stocked, what the hours of operation are, what the prices are nor the policies.

Frankly, if you don't know what to do when you can't find a red vest, then I'm surprised you were even able to drive to the store by yourself.

You forgot to mention the person that comes in at five minutes to closing with five gallons of custom paint that didn't look right once they painted half their bedroom and wants a refund.

Or the one that brings in a shower head for a refund after putting it up and not liking the way it works. When you explain that Lowe's doesn't sell products manufactured exclusively for Wal-Mart. You get an ear full about bad customer service.

Lastly, my favorite. The customer that made a large cash purchase and refused to give their phone number at the register and gets upset that they are getting Merchandise Credit instead of cash back. The phone number really is to look up your purchase if you don't have your receipt!!

There, I am done venting now.

Sapphirerain91:

On behalf of consumers, I apologize. The fact that you do not understand the criticality of customer service in the current business environment is underscored by the fact you work for a big box retailer for minimum wage and no benefits. Please continue to be a parasite to those that want to do better.

You're the one that's "dumb and sucky" beacuse it's you that's working at Lowe's. Get an education and maybe you wouldn't have to deal with losers like the one's mentioned in your posting. I do understand your frustration though.

View more comments (17)
Product
Lowes Gift Card

Lowes in El Paso, Texas - Don't shop at Lowe's

DO not purchase CRYNTEL flooring at Lowes, the product is defective if you do not have 60% humidity at all times and even then who knows, they don't try to help, Instead they sent an inspector paid by the manufacture to tell me that the environment I live in and raise my children is HARSH. I spent over $5000 on flooring that is cracking. Buyer beware>>>> Lowes sells fine print items that don't work in all places, they need to understand that some places are dryer then others and not sell that product that would do poorly in that environment. New Mexico is not Florida! I was Lowes customer but after this I will not shop at lowe's again.
#212041

On 11/15/10 I purchased a microwave and a french door refrigerator at VacaVille, Lowes when I got home I noticed on the internet that the microwave was 55.00 cheaper. Feeling that I was ripped off I called the store and got the night manager who said he would adjust the price.

Sorry not acceptable. Called overall store manager next today and was told the same thing.(Not acceptable and very poor customer service) No additional compensation.

I cancelled my order and will never shop at lowes again. I will take my cash to a good store who values their customers.

@Sprinker01@yahoo.com

Greedy!!! Why should you get more money then the sale price!!

#196817

Typical consumer Rant, and buyers remorse. do your homework before investng that kind of money, Im a sales spec.

for LOWES I have taken some heat for talking customers out of certan products that they cant afford or wont work well for their application, some insist on the purchase and doing it themselves and then they screw it up and blame the world for their stupidity.

The store that I work at stands behind our products and installations 100% I watch it happen everyday or I wouldnt work for them. Look in the mirror!!!

I purchased engineered Oak Hardwood Plank flooring to cover 555 Sq Ft. and the day after it was put down I noticed whereever I walked or sat my furniture intentations were left.

I notified the company and they sent an inspector who they pay (conflict of interest) to come out, walk around in silence, showing no compasion that someone just wasted over $1,000 to be embarrassed of their floor. This engineered wood is a farce. It is so soft it cannot withstand anything, yet the warranty on the box says 20 yr. warranty and the product is durable.

Cryntel does not know what durable means. I was given a copy of the instructions that must be followed in order for the warranty to be honored. It's a joke. Instead of putting this warranty inside the box, it should be placed on the outside of the Box to make sure the consumer sees it.

I am so angry that this company took my money for a defected project that shouldn't be on the market. Word of mouth is the best advertisement, so I'm spreading the word that Cryntel is not to be trusted. They are not true to their word as their product that the product I purchased is "much more stable than typical solid hardwood and may be installed on any level of your home, including below grade areas - simply because engineered hardwood flooring is comprised of laminated layers, which expand or contract to a lesser degree than solid hardwood." I purchased this stuff from Lowes and I will tell them that they need to remove it from their shelves.

I'm also going to send the Cryntel's CEO a letter expressing my disappointment and disastisfaction with their Oak Hardwood Plan American Red Oak, Engineered Flooring. :(

$5000.oo on cryntel flooring is rather high...$17.60 per carton 20 s.f. per carton relatively means you purchased 8 full pallets of cryntel peel-n-stick tiles...that would be enough to cover 5,600 s.f.

Did you install both floors of your home and 2 rental homes as well? :?

I had my truck damaged by Lowes and they told me that they don't care. That no matter who I talk to or write letters to at the corp office they are told that there is nothing they can do.

This is a corp.

policy. They played games and even gave me a *** number to call telling me that this is their insurance company.

i am a sales person for lowes and i do qualify the customer. i make commissions of what i sell.

if it gets returned because of a defect in material i lose the commission.

Other home retailers do not offer commissions to the sales people so they do not care. Lowes employees are more knowledgable because they have a financial stake in what they are selling.

I'd rather shop at home depot, The people at Lowes are ***

www.lowesceo.com :(

Lowe's continues to put there bottom line.

Before customer satisfaction & safety.

You can contact the CEO Robert Niblock directly via e--mail or even stop by his house. Don't shop @ Lowe's & spread the word! :eek

I recently ordered new flooring for my enclosed porch. The two times Lowes came out to install the flooring, they forgot their equipment!

So here I am with a porch with no floor and a living room full of junk for over a week now. I will not be shopping at Lowes again.

normal person,

Lowes know what they sell, they just have incopetent people selling it.

You seem not to be so normal after all..

normal person,

Lowes know what they sell, they just have incopetent people selling it.

You seem not to be so normal after all..

mt1...........what a loser! HAHA get real you *** redneck.

It's people like you who are responsible for the economy tanking! O and FYI the only people at lowes that care about sales is the store manager and sales manager, who does nothing.

Too bad I have a Bachelors degree in communciations, and please don't shop at lowe's. Little secret, we don't care.

Also NO! you don't *** to the doctor, you *** to the manufacture!

mt1,

Retailers need to be accountable for the manufature, Don't blame the retailer! thats ***, If your sick and your doctor perscribes some med's that are later to be harmful isn't the doctor accountable as well? The retailer should know what they are selling. Fact!

I gave Lowes a chance to make it right and they did not so it's my choice not to shop with lowes and my right as an american to free speech. so the only virus I see is you and what you are sharing with your bed buddys.

I'm the comsumer and I'm always right.

That's a lesson in sales just for you MT1 it might come in handy when your pulling your pants down.

O.h by the way Normal person you sound you like you never finished grade school.

I'm the comsumer and I'm always right.

Dino, you cant really be this ignorant! Your lack of knowledge and your quick to blame attitude is like a terrible virus spreading across the country.

Once you leave the house, you must put on your big boy pants and take responsibility for your actions and decisions. Grow up

Lowe's suck's and so do you. so go climb into your double wide and f.off

LOWES IS A RETAILER, NOT A MANUFACTURE!!!! They sell *** not make it!

get over it you dumb ***!!!! if you want to purchase flooring from a manufacture then buy it online!!!!!

View more comments (20)

Lowes troy-bilt junk

Lowes Troy-bilt 7.75 T 21"cut Self-propelled mower transmission slips after 4 months of use. I called Customer Service nearest repair center (mower shop), and brought it in to the shop. I stayed while they checked it out and the repairman said "It's the transmission, warranty item." They called later and said only some grass was "caught up" needing cleaned plus the blade needed replaced:$43 parts & labor. Yes, it still slips. Call 1-888-77LOWES for the service center near you, go there & talk to the marks (oops,customers). They will tell you "Do yourself a favor and go buy somewhere else."

2015 Troy Built Pony lawn tractor is a piece of crap. The frame is stripped out so the steering column is screwed.

There is no repair for it.

So a gently used, excellent shape tractor is now junk. ARE YOU FREEKING KIDDING ME!

Bought a TroyBilt TB110 mower at the end of the summer last year. Used it exactly ONCE.

Now it won't start. I've taken it apart, cleaned it, replaced the spark plug - I *can* get it to fire if I do just the right rain dance, hold my tongue just so, spray some starter fluid into the carb, etc. - but it will only run for a few seconds until the fluid's gone. I pulled the plug and put a teaspoon of gas in the spark plug hole, and that had the same result - fires, runs for a couple seconds, dies again.

It's pretty clearly a fuel issue.

I've not run ethanol fuel in it.

I find it simply unacceptable that a brand new mower will only work once between having to have the *** engine rebuilt. That is the absolute last thing I ever buy at Lowe's, and I'll be goddammed if I ever buy TroyBilt again!

@Anonymous

Did you try draining the old fuel and filling it with FRESH fuel. People using stale gas is one of the biggest problems encountered with small engines.

That's why manufactures don't accept returns of small engine products and require that they be taken to a repair shop for evaluation. They will repair them if there is a defect but the consumer will be charged if the problem is caused by the consumer.

I have a 50 " Troy-Built Zero Turn XP 25 hp mower. Its four years old.

I have a significant safety problem. I can't keep the gas cap on the mower. I don't quite fill it with gas. then make sure the gas cap is on properly.

Start mowing. After around 10 to 15 minutes I smell gasoline, turn around finding the gas cap is off and gasoline is sloshing out of the tank. I turn the mower off and get away from it until the gasoline has dried. Then start the mower and continue cutting for around one hour.

The cap stays on!

This happens each time I mow. I had the gas tank replaced, the cap replaced and this worked for several months. Then the same thing has began again for this mowing season.

Anyone had this problem and if so how did you resolve it. It seems that there is a pressure build up in the tank and blows the cap off???

Fancy 4-stroke Troybuilt *** trimmer.

Start cord recoiler broke due to a shltty ***-made junk piece.

Cost of piece: $75.

Labor $75.

Bought a shltty Ryobi 2-stroker trimmer.

Simpler, lighter, less expensive. I hate Ryobi SHlT too, but I bought the POS because it would accept the cutting head from the Troyshlt trimmer.

Every bit of troy bilt gear I have bought (1 pony lawn tractor and 2 *** trimmers) are junk

Chuck_Sampson

I bought a troy built pony from Lowes about 6 months ago. It's failed twice.

I also had the so-called service agreement. Never once did they pay up. First time they claimed it was my fault for using gas with ethanol. Well they never said anything about not using ethanol juiced gas until AFTER I bought the mower.

I started using the non-ethanol gas even though I have to drive 5 mi to find a non-ethanol gas source. Didn't keep receipts, so when the transaxle fails they give me the same song and dance about not using ethanol and I can't prove them wrong so I am screwed again. I thought using ethanol gas was good for the environment? Isn't forcing people to look around for non-ethanol gas an EPA violation?

Somebody needs to put this company down for good, legally that is. What about a class action suit against Troy and Lowes? Lowes sells garbage and de-frauds their customer’s worst than any store I've ever shopped at.

If I were you I would steer clear of anything with the name on it. :(

My 1.5 year old troy-bilt 7.75 has lots of issues as well. 1.5 years old and im already looking for a different mower.

still has 1.5 years of warrinty but its worthless in ohio.

fuel is to blame for my mower issues they tell me its the fuel quality in ohio. so if you live in ohio and plan on buying a troy-bilt mower expect to have your gas shipped in from out of state

Wish I'd read this page before today. Bought a TB110 from Lowe's this morning.

Followed the manual - added oil, put a bit of gas in the tank and tried to fire it up. No luck. Then I noticed fuel pouring out of the air filter housing on the deck. It was defective right out of the box.

As soon as the gasoline all dries up, it's going back pronto. GARBAGE.

i got a auto matic troy built and in less then two yrs it been in the shop 5 times and I have a warrentee on it but it cost me $$$$ everytime they repair it I should have bought a John Deer with all the money I put into it its really *** made 803 482 3068 thanks for the headaches

I bought a 50" zero turn troy bilt mower and ever since I bought it it has been nothing but trouble. The tires kept going flat, hour meter not working, gas cap is so tight the I can hardly get it off.

The mower deck has fallen apart and just recently the lift mechanism broke. I've had to replace the lift cable because at $5.00 a pop I just couldn't afford to keep replacing them. I paid $3000.00 for a junk mower. I will never buy another troy bilt product.

I mow 4 acres and The mower is alwasy breaking down.

If Troy bilt would stand behind their equipment they could buy it back. Then I could buy a real quality built mower that wouldn't break down every time I wanted to mow.

I agree the Troy Bilt Model TB110 sucks, as I got one last september, and now it has a blown main gasket. I had the oil checked before I mowed, and went by the manual.

Then on the second round of mowing nothing but smoke all of a sudden. I know the trouble you have with the warranty, but the chinese made parts are nooooooooooo good. I paid almost two hundred dollars from a mower from Lowes that is a piece of junk.

Please don't make the same mistake. Ger a Murry.....

I own a huge repair shop, the reasonn the MTD/Troy Bilt transmissions is failing is because you keep the transmission engaged when you pull it backwards, this tears up the gears in the transmission. When I tell the customer why their transmission failed they all say, oh yah... I guess I do that.

hey Great Experience 10 years ago Troy-Bilt was just what the name is Troy Built.Built in Troy NY by Americans, since then in 2001 MTD now owns Troy-Bilt, and just like anything else whatever MTD touches turns to *** and 99% of it is made in china. for all the companies that are still standing alone Ariens, Toro, Snapper, Murray, John Deere and Husqvarna.Please never sell out to MTD we have to have good American made products.

stunna2214
#311925

The real problem is that the majority of people that purchase these types of product are only concerned with one thing: price. If Lowe's started selling higher quality products than the competition that costs 20% more, their sales would plummet.

At least 80% of the returns and problems that I have seen with returns have to do with owners incompetence. If you take care of the equipment the way it is supposed to and actually keep the CORRECT amount of oil in it, it will work just fine.

I bought a troybilt mower 10 years ago. Truthfully did not take care of it at all.

Never had oil change, never brought it in for service. Still running today. I am looking now into purchasing a new one because the self-propel is not working.

Not sure of all the complaints. I also looked at some review recently and of 50 review 47 were extremely positive.

Im. Not sure if you guys realize that lowes offers extra warranty for 3years or 4 to cover your lawn mower 100% parts and labor

Returned from Afghanistan and bought a Troy-bilt riding mover - Problems Problems Problems. Lowes doesn't stand behind the product and doesn't care.

Also bought a Troy-bilt tiller and after using two times doesn't work.

Don't buy Troy-bilt and Lowes. If you do - you will be sorry!

Mother in law bought the *** warranty but Lowes said they "sold it" and the co that bought it is bankrupt. At these prices, many think they are getting good stuff. Get used to it people, when Wal-mart takes over EVERYTHING, this is what you'll get with no choice.

I must say that when TroyBilt stuff works, it works really well. The only problem is that it systematically self destructs long before it should!

When that happens, you are in for a battle even sometimes if you are still under warranty. It seems that TroyBilt is oblivious to the fact that the quality and reliability of their products has been in freefall for years. Lowes is guilty by association.

They are complicit in this travesty! I no longer buy TroyBilt and I no longer shop Lowes - Like I said "Guilt by association" :zzz

I also bought a Troy-Bilt XP mower. The transmission broke after 21 months - Lowes won't fix it or replace it.

Lowes does not stand by what it sells. 400 dollars is a lot pf money for a lawn mower.

My advise is buy a Sears. At least they fix what they sell

I bought a top of the line Troy-Bilt self-propelled mower. The thing lasted 20 month and the tranny died. Lowes couldn't fix it and refused to replace it.

Avoid buying anything from Troy-bilt (***-bilt)and especially from Lowes.

It has been month now and can't find anyone to fix it

MTD build Troy-Bilt, and builds junk... period. Way back when MTD stood for "Made to Deliver", but these days their quality is downright atrocious.

Here's an idea. Buy a better mower, they do sell them.

It might cost more, but then again, you get what you pay for. Most consumers who make a major purchase do some research "before" they buy. In these times I consider it a major purchase if I need to spend 200-300 dollars or more.

You could have also purchased an EPP - extended protection plan - that would have paid for repairs and saved some headache. Or is Lowe's responsible for your shopping incompitence????

Hears some advise: I use to be a salesman in the OPE department of lowes. Troy bilt has one type of warranty which covers wear and tear on some parts, not all.

Troy bilts warranty does NOT cover the whole machine. If the transmission slips, they won't warranty it. It sucks but its true. Heres a way around that.

Any retailer will offer an extended protection plan. Most will have a 2 year, 3 year and 4 year plan. GET THAT PLAN!!! THe extended protection plan

will cover 100% parts and labor except abuse.

if the problem keeps happening. your retailer will give you a new machine at no cost and take your old one. spend the extra money on that plan because outdoor power equipment is hard to maintain if you dont stay on top of it, especially a mower.

If you run over a little rock and it gets up in the engine your screwed. THat extended plan will cover that

I too am a victim of Troy-Bilt (MTD). I purchased my mower at Lowes and was assured it was a quality product.

I was never told it wasn't a Troy-Bilt but rather an MTD with a Troy name slapped on. The mower transmission has failed and it will be months before it will be repaired. Whether Troy (MTD) will honor their warranty is still being discussed.

Based on what I read on-line, this is a systemic problem with the Troy self-propelled mowers and yet they refuse to make it right.

Had I known this product was actually manufacturer by MTD, I never would have bought it in the first place.

I've had experience with their junk before. There should be a truth in marketing law that required companies to clearly state who actually builds this junk.

hahaha what a loser, then buy something else or pay someone to mow it for you!! *** do it your selfers!!!

Troy-Bilt was bought by MTD. It no longer has the quality of the machines that were made in Troy, NY by the original troy-Bilt Company.

I've been to the original Troy-Bilt factory and saw the quality first hand.

MTD equipment is barely worth what you pay for it. Poorly designed cheaply built products.

The Troy-Bilt equipment sold by Lowe's is not actually Troy-Bilt, but is made under license for them by I believe, MTD. It is not the same high quality that Troy-Bilt is known for.

View more comments (29)
Product
Lowes Warranty
Loss

Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana - Treated Rudely by Cashier.

When attempting to check out at the Lowes Store located at W. 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN , only one cashier line was open. Several customers were waiting to be helped. The man in front of me asked a store employee if she was opening another line and she said "yes." We went to the line she indicated and she began to wait on this man and then told me that I had to go to the cashier next to her who had just opened up. I had to go to the back of the line. When it was my turn to be served, the cashier simply walked away leaving me standing there. The cashier who had told me to move to that line was waiting on customers who had been behind me. I put down the items I planned to purchase and stated "I guess I am leaving." People behind me said the same thing. I have spent close to $25,000 at Lowes over the past couple of years. I had just finished working a 14 hour shift and wasted an hour in the store. They have lost a good customer through their employees' rudeness.

do you need a tissue?....lol

disputed

No one really cares how much money you spend with the company. There are tons of customers that try to use the "I spend 335748057693865 dollars with the company, I want special treatment!" excuse and it only annoys us further.

When we say no, usually there is a reason.

Between that excuse and bringing up Lowe's' biggest competitor does nothing but get you an eye roll and some laughs after you leave the store.

Wise up a bit. Just because you spend so much money with a store doesn't mean you get any special treatment.

Who cares! Lowes makes Billions they don't care about you!

1st of all nobody cares how much money you spent at lowes, grow up.

Sapphirerain91

Maybe you need to try another home improvement store. Not ALL employees are like that. So quit your *** judging.

View more comments (4)
Review

Lowes in Savannah, Georgia - Door was not as ordered.

I ordered a special order entry door from Lowes. The door when delivered for installation did not meet the specifications. I refused the door and sent it back to Lowes. I was then told that the manufacturer of the door made the change to the specifications as they did not feel it necessary to have more than 6" which only had 4" of fiberglass on the bottom of the door frame, also no trim was included on the door, sidelights or transom. I said as the customer this is not acceptable, I was not notified of any changes. I paid for as ordered 12" of fiberglass on the trim. Customer service at the Lowes store in Savannah, GA was awful. All I got was phone calls stating that the door was ordered and it would meet the specs. I paid full price $3,959.52 and it took 3 months to get the door. I finally gave up and said install the door, but I felt I deserved a discount or credit for all my inconvenience, but was told the store could do nothing until the door was installed. Guess what, now they don't want to talk with me!! Lesson learned...I will never use Lowes again, Home Depot now has my business!!

Talk abot it @

www.lowesceo.com :)

Review

Lowes return policy and customer service

I purchased a microwave at Lowes 9 months ago. 4 months later the microwave stopped working. No return option, no apologies from Lowes when we brought the microwave back to the store. We bought another microwave, bought an extended warranty. 100 days later, this microwave stops working too. Could not return the item to the store, had to call the warranty dept. Store clerk said a "repairman" would come to the house and fix the microwave. Tried calling the "24 hour/7 day a week service repair on the warranty as stated on the warranty. Found they are open 5 days a week, 7:30-4:30/ not 24/7. Very frustrating experience, will never shop at Lowes again. Customer service is non-existent. Store clerks know very little and provide no help or guidance. This is a new Lowe's store in Moses Lake, WA. I suggest shopping at Home Depot.

I worked in returns for many months in my store and dealt with soo many customers such as yourself; when will you people get it through your thick skulls, it's not lowes fault if your product decides to die after our return policy expires, we can't just give in to you, although in my store that's how it works most of the time, and what kind of apology do you want from lowes, it's not our problem and we don't make the hours that we are available, you know people can't be on your beck and call 24/7, that's just entitlement b.s. Next time research different brands and find one that's rated higher, instead of blaming people who have nothing to do with it. :cry

We purchased a vent free gas stove from the Lowes store in Auburn. We hired an experienced gas furnace guy from our area to install it.

He spent 4 hours with no success.

It would not ignite so took it back and got our money back. We are wondering what the policy is for getting reinbursed for the labor we paid which was $91.00 and nothing to show for it.

its actually a 7 day return policy on the mircowave. Now if you had your reciept and there was a recall on the item would of taking it back no questions asked.

We are in the process of getting the microwave repaired through the warranty process. It certainly has not been an easy process.

We have to take the microwave to a repair shop in another town as the repair shop does not have enough employees right now to come to our home. When we bought the second micowave, we just thought the first one going bad was a "fluke", but bought the warrantly just to be safe. When I referred to an appology from the store,I was referring to attitude and customer service.

It would have been good customer service for the store to be friendly, courteous and approprioatley sorry for the inconvienence and hassel that we were going through; none of which occurred. Regardless that it was a manufacture defect, the store is selling the product.

@Rinnahgirl

I wonder what your attitude was. Did you go in and act like a *** Bet ya did!

You have to remember people that work customer service are ppl too. You treat ppl bad, they are not going to go out of their way to help you, and honestly they probably didn’t care about your problem if you came across to them the way you come across in this thread. Do you have any idea how many ppl say, the customer service desk deals w in a week? People much nicer, w much bigger problems than a microwave.

You get what you give.Psssshhh by the way.... the associates don’t make the product or the policy. So you want an apology?

Whaaaaaa whaaaa , *** off. How about that?

Actually there is a 90 day return policy at Lowe's. It's a 30 day price match.

Lowe's distributes, does not make the products they sell. They do offer extended warranties like any other appliance retailer. Since you didn't purchase it the first time to save money, you wound up paying for it (of course if you had went to the manufacturer for support you wouldn't of had to buy another microwave).

When you did buy the warranty on the second microwave, apparently you were not sure of what you were buying. Why spend money on something that you are unclear of it's benefits?

Two microwaves go bad in one year...have you checked your electrical wiring?

BTW, what kind of apology did you want from Lowe's? Just curious.

@Real-Tail

Also, how did Consumer Reports rate the microwave???The brand and/or model could have not been recommended by other consumers.

There is a 30 day return policy at Lowe's. The warranty that comes with your microwave or any other appliance is a MANUFACTURER'S warranty and that is why you deal with the MANUFACTURER.

The extended protection plan works by calling the the EPP hotline. If you follow the the procedures that are put in place everything would be fine.

You may even receive a brand new replacement microwave from the manufacturer. Its unforunate that honest consumers have to jump through these hoops that are a direct results from dishonest consumers who have tried to scam retail stores and get something for nothing.

View more comments (7)
Review

Collections calls from India for Lowes-bill is paid!

i keep getting calls from lowes 980-233-2746 866-664-2317 from India 5-8 times daily. THE BILL IS PAID. whats worse, they call my sickly, 80 yr old family members. CEO's info is available online because it is public knowledge. Lowes stocks are down. The original owners must be turning over in their graves. Contacting the BBB. sldkfoartkwoprti[id,.vmeoptiopwertieoptiwopirqwpol;vks'as'fgiwrop t oapfk dflkgoperti erodf'ksdopite oprti popeorti esokdfgkporit s;lfkg;'dfgkoperit ';fkg'sdfigkpoeri topkgfl;sdgkposeitoerptksd;lfgk ps'ti s'gksopriteorpgtikgl'kerpstisdklfgperiotj'sdoigperotjgopbvf'jkopsertjgosdfgkopser jkeropgtijdfl;gksprotiksf'zgkseportgj 'dfgjpersojgmfdl;fglflflflflfle0e0e0e0!!!!!!!! oaiserus ier a oirtu sld!

FYI

www.lowesceo.com :(

I get called over and over and over again . starting at 7am . Ive never even been to a lowes . I call back every time and ask them to please quit calling me. they promise every day that I will not be called again . they call even more 4 times in 1 hour .

Ive had it Im not changing my number.

Im going to be such a pain in there *** they are going to wish they never had my number . what a *** hole company

If you are getting calls about your Lowe's credit card, then that is coming from GE finance - not Lowe's. Have you found out what the problem is with your bill and shown them proof that it was paid? It is probably a simple computer error.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Iwas treated very rude by Rozi in return dept

Today my husband and I brought my elderly mother's lawnmower in to see if Lowes would service the machine, I was directed to the return desk where a young lady who appeared to very unhappy with her job,I tried to explain to her my problem concerning the mower, she replied in a very hostile way that I couldn't return that mower. A nice young man from Lawn and Garden came up front I explanied my problem to him meanwhile Miss.Roxi walked off with a nasty attitude,discusing a customer with another. I felt as if she felt I was trying to steal from Lowes, My family and I have been dedicated customers of Lowes and have never been treated this poorly. I am a Human Resource director of a Large Healthcare facility in Tallahassee and I would never tolerate such poor customer service. Miss. Rozi's attitude and body language conveyed that she either didn't care to assist me or just didn't like the way I looked, she should be remaineded that you can't judge a person by their looks,I may have been just a little short patience because I was in pain I recently had a total hip Repacement but didn't expect such poor service. zgxd

this sounds odd to me. your first sentence says "service the machine", and then you say she said you couldn't return it. did you ask to return it, or have it serviced?

I agree. Lowes' has the worst possible associates in its returns department.

They are all very grumpy and are least interested in helping the customers with any returns.

Even if you have the receipts and product codes in order they treat you like you are stealing something from them. I am never going to shop at Lowes again!!!!!!

Remaineded....HMMMM HR for a health company..would love to see the typos at that job. It was nice of you to imply that the woman didn't like your looks..are you sure of that? What if it was a case of halitosis instead?

Why would you not CALL first to find out before hauling it in, since you just had hip surgery, (of course Roxi was suppose to know that too). Did you have your reciept?

How many years ago it you buy it? Does Lowes look like a repair company?

You have no idea,

www.firerobertniblock.com

"or just didn't like the way I looked"...

She must have thought you looked like a dog with its butt shaved and trained to walk backwards.

View more comments (5)
Review
#152087 Review #152087 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Reno, Nevada - Lowe's will "Chew you up & Spitt you out" in Court!

I spent well over $250,000.000 managing, defending & living with a "Lowe's Lawsuit" These copany"Lowe's HIW" & it's " CEO Robert Niblock" needs to be held responsible. They can afford the best legal representation money can buy. Trust me I've experinced it first hand. At this point, All I can say( If I say too much, They have threatened to come after me & my family) Don't shop there. If something were to happen. They port you. They will come after you.on't shop at Lowe's. If it the last place on earth. Thanks! For more infor mation go too www(dot)lowes-lawsuits(dot)com www(dot)lowesceo(dot)com ww(dot)firerobertniblock(dot)com

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS! Did they take your firstborn??????

If you had PPL, you never would have had to spend that kind of money. Just $25 per month buys you legal "insurance".

I've had Prepaid Legal for 3 years and if I ever have to go to court, I have more hours than the OJ trial used - for no additional money. If you need this kind of plan, respond to me.

Margie