Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Athens, Georgia - Lowe's sold faulty product, failed to take responsibility.

My wife and I bought a Troybilt riding mower from Lowe's on April the 29th of this year. The first 5 or 6 mowings worked great. Then the belt started slipping off and kept slipping off. After one "repair" and trying to line up another one, I asked for an exchange or upgrade from the store. I was told by two store managers that, even though it had been less than two months, because their policy states 30 days, they wouldn't take it back. One manager even told me they would loose money all around if they did it. But no word on my money lost. Now, I am waiting for another repair and have had it slip a total of 4 times. It started bellowing white smoke out of the engine today and I have no idea what's going on, as the oil is full. To add insult to injury, their "Promotional" credit card deal stated 12 months, no interest, no payments. Then the last two days we've had a total of 5 phone calls demanding money. Apparently, the very find print stated that not everything was covered under this. When I told them this was very misleading, they got rude. This company is rotten and some of their products are known junk. I've found numerous complaints like mine, about Troybilt and Lowe's. I would advice to steer clear of both Lowe's and Troybilt, if you need a similar product. The stress just isn't worth it. D

Policy on OPE (outdoor power equipment) returns is 30 days. The warranty is through the manufacturer, not the Lowe's store where you made the purchase.

That said, if it has gone out for repair and you are still having problems with it, you should ask to speak with the store manager. Explain (rationally) your problems and frustration. He or she will probably make an exception and allow you to return the item. If nothing else, there is a "lemon" policy where if the item has been sent for repair 3 times and is still not working, the store is supposed to refund it for you.

If none of that works, contact the manufacturer and explain your problem.

Ask them for an RA# (refund authorization) to give to the Lowe's store. This will ensure that Lowe's gets their credit on the defective item and they should have no problem returning it.

Lowes also sells a Extended Protection Plan that provides additional protections where you wouldn't pay for repairs or service for additional years. When you decided not to spend that additional money, you were accepting the manufacturer warranty on the mower.

Lowes does not manufacturer a single product. If you have a problem with the protect, contact the manufacturer.

Wow. People really read the posts in here.

I clearly stated that I went through all the channels. I tried to abide by the warranty. And when the repairs didn't get done, LOWE'S, not me, pointed me toward the store I made the purchase.

I've worked retail before. It amazes me how arrogant people are when they have never had a raw deal. They make sweeping statements about how its all the consumer's fault and heaven forbid the store ever make any mistakes.

I'm glad you've had great experiences with Lowe's. Up until the situation so have I. I hope you don't have to deal with the frustration of all this nonsense.

The bottom line is, I bought a product that started breaking down repeatedly, less than two months into the purchase. The repairs weren't working and the Store manager told me they would loose to much money to make a return.

I find it difficult to believe that an honest guy trying to play by the rules is ALL to blame here and Lowe's is saintly.I still can't quite see in my post above where I've yelled at lowly employees. In fact, I haven't yelled at anyone. Its sad that no one seems to remember a time when businesses treated their customers with value and not a number.

Find another website to troll.

While you are complaining to the store employee think to yourself has that person been YELLED at all day by idiots that have no clue .....Think what could be worse things like maybe not having a life or a job or maybe they make little and support their family on this job and all they do is listen to complaing Jerks who dont care if you have feelings or not GROW UP people move on shop at other stores and shut up!Single mother of # supporting her children on Lowes great employment Ty Lowes

You cant blame the store they are doing policy and I have had wonderful returns done by Lowes it is just who really listens to retailers and who is the first for you to blame surely not YOURSELF

Whoops, that's supposed to be "absolve yourself".

Ever hear of the lemon law?

If you are a retailer and you sell a bad product, should you resolve yourself by putting up a short return time? That's what most of them do. I find it strange that most in Lowe's agree with me, that it should be returned. But at the moment, its entirely up the store manager.

I'm not the kind of guy that tries to rip people off and I certainly am well aware of how a warranty works, as I purchased one. But when I continuously have the same problem, that isn't getting better with repairs, then something is wrong.

Businesses like to lean back on their legal documents that state terms, but what is left out is the human factor and a strong commitment to responsibility. I've gone above and beyond to get things done the "Lowe's Way". While they have done nothing.

Have you ever purchased a new vehicle? If something goes wrong you have it fixed, you can't return it.

The warranty or power equipment works the same way. The manufacturer will have it fixed at a service center. THEY WON'T TAKE IT BACK.

The warranty is provided by the manufacturer, not the store you buy it at. If you don't like the warranty don't blame the retailer.

#61983

Copy That!

www.lowesceo.com :zzz

Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes Door Installation Process & Customer Service

I called Lowes to do a door install. The first step is to call and set up a time for them to come measure which I did. I gave the item number of the door that resembled mine to the person on the phone to note down. I had to pay $35 for them to start and they would deduct that out of the installation. The came out and measured, then I was called with prices and very short discussion about fiberglass or steel. The item number I gave them was for a steel half door with glass that replaced the one being removed for $139. When he called and asked about fiberglass I said that I would just use the steel one I picked for $139. Then we had to go in the store to sign the contract. I went in and met with a guy in the millwood department and he pulled the contract out and gave me the total. I was never shown the product but the price was correct so I thought it was the same door I gave them the product number for and asked where the $35 credit was. He stated that he didnt know about the contracts and he had to get help and he did. I was told that the contract was re worked and they left off the credit, but when I paid it was given to me. So it all sounded fine to me... Price was what I wanted when I found the door online, and I got my credit back. When they came to install it was a solid steel door. I had a steel door with a window. I said that was not the right door, and they stated that this was the door in the contract that I signed so the door was installed as i felt backed into a corner. I should have stopped them but I felt that since I had signed I had no choice. So I called the next day when I was back at work with all my notes and got mad to realize that the sales guy gave me the wrong door so I called. The supervisor stated that I was shown the product when I signed the contract and there was nothing they would do. I told her I was never shown a door when I signed and that the guy who was there when I signed didnt even know how to read the contract. She said their policy is alway show the product before a contract is written, well I did everything over the phone and was never told to come in to see the door. I have never had a repair done so I thought the part number was good enough. I can not get anyone to help me with this other than to be told I was shown a door when I signed and that was the end of that. Shop another store as they don't care about customer service. I was going to have them replace all the carpet and tile, buy all the paint I needed and all the material to get my house ready to sell. Not anymore.

hello, I just had my new back strom door installed today. On time and done more than just a great job.

Mr. Gary clifton was a true professional at has work.

Thank you lowes for picking him to work for lowes. Curtis hairston

I agree with Murrill, as an installer we want the customer to be as happy as possible. That starts with verifying that the product we have there to install is the right style/model, right size, and not damaged.

I am more concerned with my paycheck than your product, but that is paid through trip charges when people at the store waste my time.

Lowes Reynoldsburg, oh salesmann Jim L. tried to pull the same stunt with me that I didn't get refunded for my detail $35 charge that it went to the man that came out to measure.

They also gave me my money back as a cash credit at customer service. He was a real ***!

What is the price to replace front entry door 36" and Storm Door in the Fort Myers FL 33905 area?

:eek

Mistakes are made everyday by everyone. If the product was incorrect you shoul have refused it.

I am a general contractor as well as Lowes installer and I always verify that I have the correct product prior to job install.

I go as far as testing a picture if my customer is not home. As well as you refusing your installer should have been more concerned about your product being right than his paycheck.

I had a storm door installed by Steve Barker and am very satisified with his work. Am waiting for main front entry door to be delievered in early Dec.

and Steve will install that door at that time. Thanks

go buy the prehung door you wanted,pull the hinge pins on both doors swap the doors and take the other door back to lowes.

That is kinda dumb of you to purchase something over the phone and not think you should at least ask to see a picture of it when you signed the contract. You shouldn't take a strangers word. The item numbers could have changed or their could have been a computer error.

View more comments (7)
Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes does not offer refunds

I returned some items on June 20th for a refund. What I wanted was store credit so I could buy my Dad a barbecue grill for Father's Day. Instead of offering me the store credit they submitted a refund to the credit card I had used to buy the products with. They said it was their policy and next time not to use a receipt for store credit. I'm confused here. If I didn't have a receipt I wouldn't of got anything and with a receipt I didn't get anything either. They returned funds to a credit card that I cancelled. I think my money is gone. I will never shop Lowes again!

Still never returned to Lowes and never will! Home Depot has my business now and never a problem with them.

a refund put back on the same form of payment as the original purchase, those theives! put on your big boy pants and suck it up.

The policy is the refund goes to original purchase type. Why is Lowes to blame for you cancelling your credit card?

Exactly how were you ripped off?

Your money was refunded to the paytype you originally used. Your statement is the money was refunded to a credit card you cancelled.

Broondy

I did not owe the credit card any money and I did get my money back after about 2 weeks. However, the point of the complaint was this - my father did not get a present because the returned items was all the money I had at the time. Isn't it amazing that a company that prides themselves on doing something 'good for your father on Father's Day' did something like this?

Sounds to me like you still owed the CC money otherwise it would NOT have gone threw and you would of gotten a store credit.

Broondy

Calling a person a *** for getting ripped off from a retail giant is unforgivable.

#61979

you are truly a ***

your *** if you pay with credit card you withh get it back on you card. if you have no reciet you would have got store credit

It is a common practice for retail stores to make the refund in the same form as the purchase. Cash for cash, return to a credit card when purchased on a card.

The retail stores pay a fee to the credit card company when you make a purchase.

They get it back when they make a return to the card. I am sure if you contact your credit card company they will send you a check.

Lowes ..worthless liars

lowes is worthless, filled with liars, not knowledgeable ,,,twice i bought appliances for two homes,twice the same saleperson made a mistake,lowes did nothing to help,first time wrong style microwave to fit cabinets,that total sale was $3100.00,second time sold me fridge to fit into a spot with cabinets ..it fits the opening,but you cant open doors,,i hire a contractor to resolve problem,since lowes is not helping and i need a fridge for my medicine,,just so happens contractor does work for lowes,,i had to pay him $400.00 to remove old cabinets which cant be used cause of fridge size,,again lowes wont help,,i now have hired a cabinet maker to build cabinet to fit right,,cost $1100.00..lowes wont help and wanted to charge me $2000.00 for a premade cabinet..this aplliance sale for stove,fridge,dishwasher..$6000.00,,lowes are crooks,,no customer service,,dont care about thier customers...lowes home office sends me discount coupons,,my store wont accept saying item is already discounted..

Come on seriously I love talking to a person at Lowes . They have great employees and great installers.

Have you ever tried to get an install Through HDepot comeon that is a joke in its self ...... I like a store where I can speak to a person with any ?s not a warehouse who says you have to call 1800 #s to get help Lowes fixes any issues right away Thanks Lowes Love it there

I suppose with all that money you spent,that you assumred the people at lowes can look into a crystal ball and tell whether or not you measured wrong. Don't forget, they sold you what you asked for.

As they do for the other 5-10 customers that ordered stuff the same day you were there. Are your needs special or just like everybody else. Sorry, your fault.

If your going to whine about your mistakes then have a buying agent work for you. Maybe your spouse.

we have to go through endless training at lowes and know the product very well but it does not help if the customer does not know their measurements so please dont blame us instead use ur time wisely and measure first

measure your cabinets first before you do anything. its like when we get customers looking for cooler pads.

no size or anything they have all they say is do you know what size my cooler pad is. come on really. than you ask them what kind of cooler they have. oh i dont know.

whats the duct size of the opening of the register. Oh i dont know. how dont the customer know they bought the product. than you ask.

how old is the swamp cooler. oh its like 10 years old. are you being serious these coolers change every 2 to 3 years. some of the customers we get in there are some real winners.

just want always to put the blame on the staff. maybe put the blame on themselves.

Customers need to start being kind yes there are some bad employees but many rude customers

this whining about the fridge not fitting...gee...ya know if you actually take the *** time to measure where the item is supposed to go before making a purchase you'll know what size you can get that will fit...as a delivery person it is very frustrating when a customer says before we even get the item off the truck...hope it fits...

Talk about it .

:cry

The first sentence of this guys complaint was RIGHT ON THE MONEY....Until he said he was talking about the Lowe's employee's, and not himself and the other idiotic customers I and over 100,000 associates have to deal with every day @ Lowe's.

if lowes instaled the cabinet then you had to go and sign a contract do you not know what you are signing if they did not install you the customer came in and gave the measrement to the sale person so if it did not fit it is you fault

I agree with you 100%. Lowes hires young adults that don't know much about the products sold there.

I don't shop there anymore. There is a Home Depot right down the street with intelligent employees.

Who did the measuring for the new fridge? You or a sub-contractor for Lowe's? If I read this right you only got new fridge not new cabinets so it seems to me it was your mistake not the salespersons.

View more comments (10)

Lowes in Medford, New Jersey - Customer service sucks! No show on repairs

Had to wait a week for a tech to fix the same problem again for the forth time. Was call the ay of the apointment that the tech would be a no-show. We had dirty clothes waiting to wash and then was told that the ext avail appt was for the following week. Will not be able to get any help to get fixed!!! My daughter is here on vacation and has been waiting all day and my husband and i are planning to go on vacation with her and we are trying to get laundry done befor we leave. CS reps where very rude and did not even care about following up with servicing a $2K washer machine!!!! I really am upset that Lowes thinks this is acceptable!

Life is too short to complain. You get what you paid for. If you don't purchase an Extended warrenty, then you are at the mercy of the manufactor. So that means if you need service with in the first year you will have to got through them.

Like any company Lowes is selling a product producted by someone else.....and the manufacotr are the ones who warrenty. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

When something breaks down. People think that this a personal attach on them.

When you car breaks down what do you do? Take it in to the shop and get it fixed. And you move on.

Your appliance breaks you don't bring it in you get service in your home.

Lowes offers the extended warrenty due to the fact that the manufactors warrenty doesn't cover as much as these do. Belive what you want read the fine print.

So if you want to complain, and obvoiously you do, then hit the manufactor. Refuse to buy that line and put the blame where it lies.

Try to have your snow blower break down in the middle of winter. Record snow fall and at christmas time. Taking it to a repair place that is swamped with repairs and trying to also send their employees home for holidays so is short staffed.

So being the responsible person we should all be: You make alternative arragements to have your snow removed, until it fixed. Do you blame the place that sold it to you....well that would be a no, but I have a feeling that you would say YES because using a product and NEVER expecting it to break is the perfect world you live in. :cry :cry

When you purchased the washer the salesman offered "EPP" extended protection plan...which evidently you refused.Extended protection plans cover anywhere from 2-5 years on purchases ..however most of the time people refuse to purchase those which caters to express needs such as yours.

what are you talking about?...There are NO

service people who work for Lowes...These are independant service companies who are

certified by the manufacturer...You have to

contact the manufacturer customer service

number...This is true of Home Depot, Menards and Best Buy also.

Talk about it @

:cry

wow I am having the same problem.. lesson learned never buy from Lowes again it's not the product I'm mad about it's the way they work with the extended warranty customer..they just don't care once you buy the product you are just a number to them... :(

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Dickson, Tennessee - BESSEMER AL. CAN NOT GET HELP

About 2yrs ago l bouth a perfic flame grill model SLG2007B the burners split i have new ones but the suport plate was rusted out i went to the store to get part they could not order the part was told to look on enternet 3 days no luck i belive these parts are low qualty leonjoyner@bellsouth.net The grill is unuasble Ibuy all my home improvment stuff from lowes an john deer tractor,troy built power washer,chain saw.all yard equptment if you cant help me i will go somewhere that will also i bough a trailer to pull the tractor

C'mon, Y'all are in Alabamee after all, just sit on back, have y'all some sweet tea, swat them there flies, and PLEASE learn how to spell!

seeings lowes does make the grill they sell it it is there fault that is like blaming gun for killing people get a life

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Rapid City, South Dakota - Sticky paint

I go to lowes and they sell me sticky paint. Smells like parkling lot. I go back to complain and they dont listen. Why they waste my time. Too many people going blaha blabh blah. Dont even listen me do they? I talk to seventeen people. Noone understands. They afraid to fix misteaks. I talk to paint people. Desk people. Money People. All People. Noone understands my sticky paint problem. I will call policeman if they dont take the sticky paint off my walls. No more I go to Lowes. Not even for lawn mower or nails or screw drivers.

Learn to spell

same thing that hapened to me and a friend. They will not fix it . a lawyer will be called at this point..sorry, I do understand.

Is this serious????

DonV is ***. I says my paint was too sticky. You cant even read.Home Depot gave me good paint they did.

sounds like to me you just dont like the color and you tring to get something for nothing i see you pieces of *** all the time in the store tring to get something for nothing

Lowes Blows!

www.lowesnightmare.com

www.firerobertniblock.com

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

www.lowesceo.com

Go to Home Depot I do. NO sticky paint they have there.

Sally is ***. She doesn't even listen.

WTF was that? Please, sir, go down to your Lowe's, grab a 2 x 4, take it to the lumber desk (or any desk for that matter.), and ask the Lowe's associate to hit you over the head with it several times!

You're an ***.

Loss
Thought I'd write a check for lawn equipment, (electric edger and trimmer). Decided to purchase gas equipment two days later instead, with my VISA after being informed that Lowes WILL NOT RETURN CASH for my check purchase until 14 days to insure check will clear. ...

A merchant account shows if there are funds to cover a transaction but love the banter!!! Its how some learn

View more comments
Product
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes in Long Beach, California - Getting Fired for Working Hard

I am a former employee of Lowes HIW and Iam pissed. I was a receiver/stocker working 3rd shift at store #1753, Huntington Beach, CA. They changed the way they unloaded trucks and stocked the freight. I was a full-time employee and one of the fastest and best. They wanted us to "practice" unloading and stocking in only 4 hours because that is how it was going to be done. Even though they were going to hire 4 part-timers to come in and unload the truck at night, they made us practice. Even with 5-6 people we couldn't do BOTH. They got their part-timers and we full timers, who cant legally have our hours or pay or benefits cut, were slain quickly. In order to try to accomplish the task of doing everthing in a time limit that was unrealistic, we had to bend some rules. We had been bending the rules ever since that store opened over 5 years ago... They knew this and decided to watch the cameras and record and report each of the full timers. Needless to say we all lost our jobs on bad terms and even though the part timers were doing the exact same things we were *** they were not penalized...

I got fired for a safety violation on the forklift in the receiving area while trying to work quickly and more efficiently for the company. There is zero tolerance on that stuff so be careful, they are always watching.

Remember, don't try working hard, just do the absolute minimum amount of work required, and take every single break that you are allowed. They can't fire you for not trying hard.

I know that making others's look bad to make yourself look good is bad, I know not following the rules is bad. No wonder you got fired.

First of all, "Irish", you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Second, I am also an ex employee of Lowe's HB, store #1753.

I worked on the front end as a head cashier. Our crew was also a skeleton crew with promises of better times but without follow-through on those promises. Running an entire warehouse on 5 cashiers, 1 customer service, and 1 returns, with HALF department employees, required to manage loss prevention and the multitude of pricing problems/slow managers/lazy cart boys/long breaks/lack of support, it was a nightmare job. I kept my checklists and held everyone accountable to the company rules and got ousted by *** male managers who liked to ogle and flirt with the 18 year old girls who happened to be the ones taking 20-40 minute breaks and never got written up.

Even tho I kept that store in tip-top shape regardless of the lack of staff, everything was done correctly, I couldn't get a sign off for a higher position because of a BS technicality which they bent for others. All because the teenage girls were crying.

SUCH BS! No one is a role model there, they're all ***

They don't want self braggers, you claim you were the fastest and best, you have a very high opinion of yourself. I bet you were really the slowest and worst.

It is just getting worse and worse, here. It's not just here though, it's almost every retailer.

I was routinely covering 2-3 departments by myself, because my senior management team either had no clue as to how to staff properly, or they were purposely running skeleton crew to cut payroll. This induced a high amount of stress on a daily basis, which made coming into work like coming into battle.

My manager once said that no one forces you to work for Lowes. I should have seen that comment for what it really was. They don't care WHO they grind into dust, just so long as there is some poor sap there willing to be ground. Don't we all deserve a job that treats us like a person, and not an expendable widget?

So "me" are you apart of the problem with that comment or hoping to be a positive part of the solution???

Is this the culture of Lowes??

follow the rules and btw our receiver stockers do that easily with less people

View more comments (6)
Review

Lowes in Bedford, Texas - Charged late charge when payment was recieved on due date

my husband just got a job last month at $7.55 per hour, my income is ss disability $1500.00 per month . we have been very careful to pay this bill on time, I called and spoke to them but because my husbands name is on the account they could not give me any information, the one I talked to asked what the due date was and if it was recieved on that date. It was and they still charged a penalty! I tried to call back three times and they would not connect me to an agent. I am pissed. I bet they would deal with me if my husband doesn't pay.

They wouldn't talk to you because you were not on the account. That is standard procedure with most companies.

You wouldn't want someone having access to your account that is under just your name would you? Wouldn't be so great when someone unauthorized gained access. If the payment was late than it was late. It probably was received on the due date but not by the cut off time for that day.

Stopping whinning about money that doesn't belong to you. If you don't want problems than use your own hard earned money.