store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

No understanding | Lowes review from Billings, Montana

I don't understand how you can have such a cold haeart I finally get to pay off my credit card after my son dying and then you take my credit away after I was intouch with youin all this time. keep your card and I will not shop or spend my cash at lowes ever. I know I'm only one little person. But it will hurt you in a small way and that all that matters. I will just shop at home depot now.My son died and I had to pay for all of services u see

Give a human a chance | Lowes review from Billings, Montana

I just wanted to let you know that you should not close someones account when they have tried very hard to make paymebnts. My son died of a lighting strike here in billings mt. On july 4th 2009. I had to pay fpr everthing. So i let Lowes know and paid what i could. as soon as I got my card paid off you closed my account. Shame on lowes. If I cantget my card back I will never shop there again.Even if you start me back out at 300 and giveme chance. my credit wasgood until myson died.

Say No To Lowes and Extended Warranty

Bought a Whirlpool washer and dryer 18 months ago from Lowes and at that time we purchased the extended warranty ($189.00). The washer has something in it that causes it to grind (coin maybe). So we called thinking someone would come and take apart and repair. The warranty company sent a repairman and after observing said he could not take apart because it would default the warranty. They said we should have emptied our pockets and that it is our fault and not covered. I thought that is what we take the warranty/insurance for? Never again will I purchase anything from Lowes or the extended warranty.

bottom line, wash your keys in the toilet like anybody with half a brain.

Ms. Right; You are the smartest of us all, Congrads to you.

me; There are a lot of things not covered under warranties but as a consumer if they want your business back they will work with you on a resolve. You need to just keep buying from Lowes and good luck to ya, I am sure they would never ***.

Josh; After my first post the washer is still in service and said they found a key or something. I do understand and read the warranty but I think that if you pay that much for the service I got from Lowes, Warranty, Whirlpool that someone should have went to bat. I would be more understanding if it was 5 years old.

I asked Whirlpool why would they design equipment that would even allow it to happen. Anyway for what its worth, I will never have any dealings with any of them.

I decided to go with Lowes to purchase my first washer/dryer. They were nice at the stores and sold me what they call "the best of the best".

I had the units for two weeks and could not understand why it was making so much noise. They said because I had the warranty I had to get service before I could get a new one. I didn't pay to have a repaired unit. I returned the products and went with a more TRUSTED company.

Sears delivered my new washer/dryer (and cheaper)and there was a tiny knick on the side but they offered me a gift card, and a one yr warranty!! I chose this instead of an exchange. I can deal with this small defect with this compensation! The delivery service was great!

When I questioned them about getting a damaged unit they were very apologetic, and offered to compensate me or do an exchange.

NO HASSEL!! I was excited to NOT have to buy an extended warranty and be forced to have a repaired unit!!

:cry lowes is not responable for your *** error. This would not be covered under an company (warranty).

First the extended warranty cost $159.97. Now the problem must be more than what you are saying.

The service tech will fix anything if they can, because they get paid no mater what. You might just have had a bad service tech, not Lowe's fault.

View more comments (4)
Review

Poor Service- No one offers to help you | Lowes review from Keystone Heights, Florida

Went to my local Lowes in Deland Fl, on International Speedway Blvd. There were more employes than customers. Have a bad arm, could hardly pull the cart around, passed a lot of employes, but no one would offer to help me. So I stopped my buying and left the store. Had a lot of spring jobs to do, but could not stand the poor service any longer. I purchased bags of cement, water softener salt, plants, *** killer, never made it to the lumber dept. Don't know when I have been so pissed!!! Thanks Daryl Ward 425 King Charles Circle DeLand, Fl 32724 386-717-8381

Surprised no one noticed the most glaring sentence in Mr Ward's complaint--"Have a bad arm, could hardly pull the cart around....I purchased bags of cement, water softener salt...). Why would someone who has diminished physical capacity be buying all these items for his "spring jobs"?

Who was going to unload it when he got home? Likewise, who was going to do the work??

As a Lowe's employee, isn't it our job to enquire if a customer needs assistance? The flip side of that is if an individual needs help, they should ask.

There are two sides to everything, and this one sounds like there was fault on both sides.

I do my best to engage every customer I can, and make sure they get what they need in a timely manner. Customers, you do need to realize that sometimes we are engaged in something that requires our attention for a moment before we can get to you, so please try and be a little patient.

Lisa

Wow. I need some help adding comments.

Ok, the numbers change as comments are added (duh). So, for the last time, I was commenting originally on the customer from VA BCH BLV.

Then, the original complaint. Sorry, Lowes hired me for my work ethic, not my smarts !

Lisa

By the way, I realize I was commenting on message # 3. But I'm not changing my opinion on the bad attitudes.

Again, we are there to help customers. We would have been reamed a new one if that customer had complained to customer service. And it would have been deserved. Every store has people who try to get away with doing as little as possibe and they manage to get away with it most times.

Then there are others who take pride in their job and do their best because that's how they were brought up. Also having compassion for people who are having difficulty seems to be a part of good employees.

Unfortunately, it's not found everywhere. I'm not saying I'm perfect by any means, but those two comments make my blood boil.

Lisa

Hey this is to jj48 and Mr.Smarts. You might want to go back reread the original complaint.

It clearly states that he asked for help. That's one of our jobs. This customer has every right to be angry if he had to go all the way to the store manager to get help.

And no, I'm not a manager, just a lowly worker on the floor who actually understands customer service. You two need to find a new job.

I went in to pay my account off 900.00 dollars they would not accept a bank money order.

LOWES = LOSERS!

VA BEACH BLVD LOCATION AT LONDON BRIDGE.

TRY GETTING SOME ASSISTANCE IN THAT STORE. IT WON'T HAPPEN. THEY DON'T LIKE CUSTOMERS AND THEY ARE LAAAAAAZY!

I ASKED FOR HELP WITH SOME HEAVY LUMBER, NEVER GOT IT. I DID GET A YOUNG BIMBO AT THE REGISTER WHO THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY. I ASKED FOR THE STORE MANAGER WHO DID COME RIGHT AWAY, HE REACTED LIKE I WAS AN IMPOSITON AND HE OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T CARE. HE NEVER APOLOGIZED ON BEHALF OF HIS LAZY EMPLOYEES. I ASKED THEM TO TAKE ALL THE LUMBER OUT OF TRUCK AND GOT A REFUND.

NEXT STOP, HOME DEPOT. PAID A LITTLE MORE BUT GOT ALOT OF SATISFACTION.

PS-I AM A SENIOR WHO'S HAD A HEART ATTACK.

Hi Daryl-

I am in CO, and have been in the retail industry for over 13 years. As with any social setting, you have some wonderful people and then the not so wonderful.

I worked for the "Orange Box" before Lowe's and customer service was drilled into our heads from the start. That was over 8 years ago, and I know Lowe's is playing catch up on that part. A lot of the times, I know our store has it steady times and slower times, and perhaps some of the employees were performing tasks. I know, if someone came up to me and asked for my help in assisting them with shopping, I would help in any way I could as soon as I could find someone cover my area or get someone to help.

I ask that maybe next time that you stop by the customer service desk up front and ask if there is anyone that could help you because of your arm.

I hope that you have had more pleasant experiences there. Blessings.

Next time start in the lumber department, Mr. Ward, I am sure they will help you.

Next time you come in, Mr. Ward, why don't you start in lumber and you will be offered help.

View more comments (11)
Review

On vacation and missed one payment. | Lowes review from Pineville, North Carolina

Was in Florida Feb and part of March. Got home and had missed making Feb payment. Got March bill and paid it. Went to Lowe's to get some lumber and my card was refused because I had missed Feb. Payment. Only payment I had missed in over 35 years and paid full amount in March along with a $20.00 fee for missing Feb. They can take there card and put it where the sun don't shine and I'll go some where else to spend my 10 to 20 thousand a year. I paid off the card and cut it up and mailed it back to them. I'm sure they could careless.

If you are a contractor why would you even use a Lowes or Home Depot Card with credit issued by GECC. Get and use a Discover or Capitol One card and get the 1% cash back.

Mine has been up to 10000.00 and deposited to my checking account.

It is now back up ro 9400.00 and I will redeme when it hits 10000.00.That is the smart way to go. :zzz

Mine has been up to 10000.00 and deposited to my checking account.

have brought back merchandise that was bought at lowes,check in by lowes employee ,was told i would have to take a merchandise card. I have a box in my van ,i keep receipte in.

i am not going through a box cotaining a 100 receips in it.dont have the time too.I am porceeding to contact upper mangament on this. I am a contrator.

want my money back or lowes can stick in their postier, with no vaseoline. :(

Speaking of ignorance...you take the cake..If Lowes name is on it..THEY are responsible...they control their credit provider and dont you forget it...I had a similar problem..they somehow changed our account to paperless without our autorization..then when we went in to purchase something they refused our card in front of several Customers! Our credit rating is over 825 and we never missed a payment...EVER!

They are just a poorly run organization period! We also paid off our account and ripped up their rotton card...We now go to Home Depot who in the last few months we have spent almost 15,000 on Home Improvement supplies.

Now who is the loser! LOWES!!!

Unlike "Gone on Vacation" I had never been a minute late with my Lowe's account and still they shut my account down,twice, never notifing me either time till I was actually trying to buy something. Yep, nothing like being in line and having your card declined in front of 5 other shoppers.

Twice is enough for me..

They can put my account too "where the sun don't shine". Lowe's, thanks for 10 plus years of customer neglect and incompetance...

Here's one for you - I'm the payroll clerk at your place of employment and since I took vacation (like you) I forgot to send you your paycheck this month. That would be a little different wouldn't it?

You'd expect me to make some arrangements some you'd get paid. What's the difference ?

Why are people so ignorant? Your complaint is not with Lowes but the company that grants you credit.

Lowes name may be on the card but they don't issue the credit.

You can hold you breath till you turn blue and rant and rave that Lowes is the bad guy but it's not their fault you didn't pay your bill on time. You won't find it any different with their cometitiors.

View more comments (6)

Lowe's sells *** | Lowes review from Aurora, Colorado

I bought a plain 4 foot shop light from Lowes a couple months ago to use as a grow light for seed starting. I put it up yesterday, and it worked, although it hummed and buzzed furiously. Today, it doesn't work. At all. And since I can't find the receipt, I'm SOL, and I can't afford to buy yet another one because I haven't worked in two years. Lowe's sells ***. They don't care about their products or their customers. And they've lost my business. Permanently! I will never buy another thing from Lowe's, ever.
#131951

AS A LOWES EMPLOYEE... I GOTTA SAY THAT I DONT LOVE THE PLACE WHERE I WORK AT BUT WE DONT MANUFACTURE THE PRODUCTS WE SELL..

THE VENDORS SENDS THEM TO US AND WE SELL THEM WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THEY ARE WORKING PROPERLY OR NOT... BLAME IT ON THE VENDOR NOT ON US ***

oh yea,,,in case you do not have the box

unplug light and remove cover under where the bulbs go and read on the ballast, (where all the wires go)

should say xx watts t-12 or t-8

James

read on the box and make sure you installed the correct bulbs.

some shop lights require 40 watt T12 bulbs. larger ones

and some require the 32 watt T8.

buzzing can be a sympton of wrong bulb.

jamesandkay@earthlink.net

Does I-D-I-O-T sound appropriate!!!!!

Dumb***

lowes rules, you suck eggs.

karatebum

Illiterate trolls like you have no importance whatsoever. You're nothing but a waste of space.

Well if you have not worked in two years then Lowe's really isn't missing too much business. Sorry but you aren't that important

karatebum

So I can grow FOOD, you illiterate ***. Stop posting when you're stoned. It makes you sound ***.

if u lost your job 2 years why would u buy a *** light for seeds in the first placed

You growing pot

View more comments (8)

Lowe's hardware | Lowes review from Shallotte, North Carolina

WENT the shallotte,nc store to buy a 999.00 dollar lawn mower..YOU advertised that you will deliver a washer or dryer for 299.00 free but you won't deliver a riding lawn mower that is worth alot more..we had just built a 15x24 shed with all materials being bought at lowes and fencing...you have just lost a lifetime customer...all for nothing...what a shame. alo it was a great place to buy all my flowers and everything i needed for the yard and house...we will never step foot in the doors again and be sure word of mouth goes along way in this small town

Maybe he does his laundry with his lawnmower. Saves water, electric and not to mention the folding time is zero which leaves more time for complaining??????????

What does free delivery on an appliance have to do with delivering a lawn tractor? Open your eyes--everyone offers "free" delivery on appliances.

Don't be fooled, they have all built the delivery charge into the price of the appliance. Sure, they could change the price of the tractor to $1050 and say they will deliver it free as well.

View more comments (1)
Loss
The store in referance is located in Macon Georgia.On eisenhowser parkway. I have spent thousands of dollars with lowes,I BUY AND REBUILD HOUSES,I HAVE ALWAYS PURCHASED all that was avalabe at lowes,including tools. I have purchsed several Kobalt knives that has...
Meilyn

I had a similar experience with a Lowe's in Flower Mound, TX. I tried returning a battery less than 1 1/2 years hold from a Kobalt garden tool.

The Kobalt website shows a 3 year battery warranty to be excerised at the Lowe's of purchase.

Lowes's catagorized the battery as last years model and refused to honor the warranty. From their perspective there was no way to replace the battery for equal trade nor did they want to take a loss by refunding the purchase.

View more comments

Lowes treatment and products

I recently purchased a bathroom vanity from Lowe's and had to return it twice now for replacements because it was broken. Each time I went to exchange it I was treated like a criminal. I had my receipts, I was pleasant and understand these things get damaged in the process of stocking shelves etc. It's the manufacturer not lowes,,I get that. But the treatment I received was appalling. The poor girl trying to help me had to wait to eat her lunch because no manager was available and they had no more left, two others were also broken from off the shelves. No one ever came to help except one employee who saw me the night before hurried over to tell the girl helping me "oh she already got her money back" as if I was trying to scam them. I showed the receipt and that I was only getting an exchange. Then the gentleman said "just get it in black mamm whats the difference". The black one was also broken when it came to the register. I was in the store for an hour and I'm 8 months pregnant. I asked if they had water or a drink I could purchase and a third employee standing near said "its right in front of you" in a very rude tone. I was almost in tears when I left. I'm so disgusted. I got my money refunded and will not return there again. The day before I waited 10 minutes for someone in the paint department to help me, she was talking and laughing with another employee about 30 ft from me and still I stood just waiting. Never acknowledged. Is it like this everywhere? What kind of treatment to these lowes employees get from people that makes them so angry and rude? To the girl that helped me thank you but to to everyone else there..you should be ashamed. I wish I had a camera crew with me as proof but I didn't, imagine that reality show.

Well then dont go their during lunch hour. what do you expect.

you not the only one that get to eat. think about other humans :cry

@joe

joe, is a retaed

Im usually disgusted with lowes customers but you were treated inhuman. Shame on them.

Especially being pregnant and all. I hope you are feeling better.

Shop at Menards then! You will NOT be treated like this, and it is a known fact that Menards prices are a LOT lower than Lowes!!

View more comments (3)
Service
Lowes Manager

Carpet | Lowes review from Traverse City, Michigan

Two weeks ago we bought carpet from you and were told that the carpet that we bought would fit all the proposes due to the fact that it is a rental home. However we did ask questions like, how long will this carpet last? We were told 6 years and we cant see this carpet lasting more than 6 months. We were never told that you could not have dogs nor a vaccume with a spindle brush on the end and if you do it would void warranty.That should be told when carpet is bought. We feel that your company was very dishonest and that your employee's were just trying to make a sale to meet their numbers. We were referd to you by painters and builders and you lots us as a custermer and possible others. Jon And Jennifer Smith

hahaha, i am with you niki.. i'm not much for the grammar police myslef, but wow is all i can say...

i felt like i was trying to decipher ancient egyptian hieroglyphics written by an American 1st Grader...

i am pretty sure my IQ just dropped off the charts after trying to read their comments.

sorry for the criticism, but hopefully it will become constructive criticism...

Wow..both of these posts are hard to read. I am not the grammar police, but proof read---It makes your complaints/comments more believable.

first if was for a rental property what kind of people do rent to ( pets ) allowed 100% customer who putting carpet want the cheapist carpet and when they don't like it after 6 month they get *** first who installed it second install with padding !!!

lowes doesn't manufacture carpets !!!

check warrenty on carpets basic 7 to 10 years

basic wear and tear !!!!

was it a in stock carpet ? or speical order in stock carpet we only get 14 cents that right 14 cents a foot commision and sos is not that higher so the making numbers thing is not the problem customer doesn't want to spend the money they don't remember u said it was a rental

View more comments (2)