Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes review in Phoenix, Arizona: Low's

Recently I decided that for my husband's 31st birthday I would buy him a grill. I researched online, and found "the one" and it was only listed for sale at Lowes (at the time). Although they have horrific reviews I gave them a chance anyways...big mistake!!!!!!!!!! I purchased the grill and requested to have it assembled (on a Tuesday), On friday at 6pm (*** 4 days later ***) the grill was not assembled!!!!! I was furious! The manager tryied to make excuses that didnt make any sense and only offered that i take the display grill (which was poorly assembled, woobly, and all scratched and dirty) for a discount of $30.00... I didnt even get a courtesy call to let me know that it would be ready with a 24 hour notice...especially since they had FOUR days to put the grill together. They just dont care about their customers or business. a week later we purchased the SAME grill from Fry's Marketplace, for $100 less!!! and they assembled it for free :) go to frys!!!!!
Loss

We are having a very bad experience buying a carpet in Lowes, light a nightmare

We bought a carpet in Lowes in Mission Valley, California on Sept.15 and they said that in two weeks maximun we have the carpet installed, after many calls including the manager finally they said that maybe they are going to receive the carpet on October 13, they knew that we have an open house on October 10 that was the purpose of the adquisition of a new carpet, but they said that they can not do nothing, I don't know why we went to Lowes we had other bad experience 2 years ago, if we have Home Depot close why we went to Lowes, but we never go there to buy nothing there

I had a problem with a Lowes employee verbally promising an install date and not following through. Luckily in Kansas verbal promises are binding and I had the phone call to prove what was stated.

I received my Kitchen floor for free because of it. I've had a number of problems with Lowes and am afraid that I might have to try my luck at Home Depot to finish my project.

Poor Rick Rebecca....what promises? If it's not in writing, try to prove the installer promised it.

Companies with Integrity stand behind their products and always take care

of the customer!

Well, you ***, do you think Lowe's manufactures carpet? Obviously whoever makes the product is holding this deal up.

Why would Lowe's take your money and deprive you of your carpet?

Go to Depot, they deserve you.

Took Lowes 4 months past the first promise date to get our carpet installed. Seam lines show and other promises made by installer that came out to quote and install job were never completed.

Ask Lowes manager in Murphy, NC about this and was told to f^%^ off as Lowes is not reasonable for promises made by the installer and that we should read the contract again.

Our last major purchase from customer friendly people

View more comments (4)

Lowes review in Atlanta, Georgia: They never fix wath they sell

BOSCH sucks washer didn't clean.I bought a washer&dryer to match normal right.I bought extended warrenty.Both needed fixed befor one year.My washer has been broke sence 5-25-08 they keep saying they are going to fix it.The laundry mat has made more than more than I paid for them all most.Every time I email them they say they neen some more enfo but they have been out and fixed them before so it just keeps breaking.You should see all the cracks in my dryer by the screws in the door.I'm to old for this ***

Are you in Anger Management classes Retailer4life???? you seem bitter

If you have your receipt and the extended protection plan call the number for the service advantage. They will tell you what to do to get it fixed.

Normally send a tech hired out to come and look at it.

This number has to be called if it to be fixed. Hope this helps.

Instead of buying a wash machine, I honestly feel that your money could have been better spent taking remedial grammar lessons.

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowes review in Denver, Colorado: Lowe's 1 Day Appliance Delivery Promise = no go

We purchased a dryer on Thursday afternoon. We scheduled delivery for Friday morning between 8 and noon. Guess what, they never showed. I called them back after the delivery window and made arrangements for delivery this morning. We setup a specific window, since we work nights. They still haven't made it to our place. I called, they are "on their way." We are "the next delivery" (once they leave the store). The store is only about 10 minutes away from hour house, and it has been well oevr an hour. Next time, I will bring my truck and take it home myself.

Then do it yourself and stop being a baby. MAYBE your NOT the most important customer in the world

Here is where it starts.. STORE MANAGER... he just kinda walks around and well... I'm not sure what he does..

If he listened to concerns, things would run better I guess... or maybe his managers would listen to their people.. assuming the STORE MANAGER sets the example of course... and if that works they would follow up on issues and fix them instead of thinking its not their problem and walk around like the store manager. Delivery can't do much if they have no support and they are not managed.

Or you could have a store manager who does try but his AREA HR likes to cover up everything because she doesn't want to look like she can't handle her job..

Keep on complaining... or just contact the Federal Trade Comm.... If you want change you have to take action!

regardng Lowes If you buy anything from Lowes check around for lower prices at Best buy,Sears and other stores( also internet prices) and Lowes will match their price plus give you 10% in addition off your bill. Also I have found if you have a problem with a Lowes store go to their internet website and file a complaint and It will be taken care of Guaranteed. hope this helps

"Guess what, they never showed. "

You don't sound very smart.

U need to keep in mind that there are other deliveries going on not just yours. There is a window for a reason.

You're right next time you get your truck and take it home yourself. Delivery is there for convience and if you are going to ***** about it don't use the service!

View more comments (4)
Loss

Lowes review in Kirkland, Washington: Lowe's 1 Day Appliance Delivery Promise is a SHAM

Lowe's advertises that they will install an appliance the next day. I am on day 8 and despite calling them several times I still do not have a date for the installation. It's also odd that JD Powers gives them a great rating yet JD Powers doesn't allow you to give them any feedback about Lowes (or any company for that matter). Did Lowes pay JD Powers for this rating? Both of these companies are liars and I will never do business with Lowes again nor will I ever pay any attention to JD Powers ratings. JD Powers is just another form of marketing that is bought and paid for.
Davine

I did read the fine print, I just went to the store, picked out a washer, and YES the associate verified that they had 3 in stock. I live 5 miles from the store.

They told me delivery would be August 12th, almost 3 weeks away! I asked about the free next day delivery and was told "that's never going to happen".

I can get the same washer for the same price from Home Depot, the only reason I went to Lowe's was for the next day delivery. False advertising!

The policy says clearly it's only for in stock items purchased in the store by 4pm.

Yep! I'm having an issue with Lowes delivery service.

Promise not kept. Still waiting till they figure out how to fix it! Totally unacceptable! Nobody even called me to notify me that they had an issue!

Anyway my washer/dryer never arrived on the promise date 7/10/15! Manager will call me on 7/11/15 unacceptable!

to see what can be done! I am so upset!

You should have read the fine print before wasting your time on this review. If you pay close attention to the signage that says "FREE Next Day Delivery", you will notice an asterisk at the end of the phrase.

Now, what this means, you can have your next day delivery if it is AVAILABLE.

Also, if you have an installation, that is scheduled through an installer (contracted), so take your complain to them. People like you give the good guys bad reputations.

It really is deceiving. There is no way I can deliver/install 30 appliances that were sold the day before in a 75 mile radius in under 14 hours.

If anyone is expecting 'next day delivery', it will be unlikely. Just be patient.

@LowesDelivery

Why should we patient. We pay for a service now if you people lie, in order to have people pay and then

get the run around. You are the last point of contact so to bad.

I bought a refrigerator from Lowe's online in the middle of May. It wasn't supposed to be in stock for about a month (June 12 to be exact), which was not a problem, but I got an automated call several hours after ordering it telling me delivery was going to be the next day.

But the delivery people never showed up. I found out after calling Lowe's that, as their website stated, the refrigerator is not in stock.

So then, why did their delivery company call to tell me that it was going to be delivered?? I later found out from Lowe's that when an appliance is ordered online, the delivery company's computer system automatically calls the customer to tell them that it will be delivered the next day.

The delivery company never bothers to call back when they realize they won't be able to deliver. I have received at least five automated calls telling me delivery has been scheduled for the next day, but now I know to call Lowe's each time to find out if the refrigerator is actually in stock yet.

I have wasted hours on hold with the delivery company and Lowe's, and I still don't have my refrigerator. I'm sure it will be in stock around June 12, but in the meantime, I get a call from the delivery company every couple of days telling me they will be delivering the next day.

What kind of system is this??

@Unbelievable Ordeal

There is no "delivery company", there are lowe's employees that will deliver appliances when they come in. Delivery drivers have no control over when your appliance comes in, anyway. Instead of waiting on the "delivery company", you should have talked to an appliance associate.

@SHUTUP

You aren't even addressing the issue here - the main issue is their misleading automated calls.

I use to go to lowes. A week ago my mother bought a dryer.

They said they could not deliver till Tuesday. I asked that it arrive before 1. My mom has radiation at 2. No problem.

Well on Tuesday we get a call it will be around 1. I cancelled the order.

I bet some of the orders were made after we bought our dryer. Hello Home Depot

@Phy

Lowe's does not give specific delivery times. That is why they give you the morning or afternoon slot.

Find a time, make sure you are home, and you can have your dryer.

It is impossible to set a specific time, because there is no way to determine how long any one delivery will take. Use common sense!

@Phy

Do you really think Home Depot is any different? Having purchased appliances at both I can tell you they aren't.

No store that is making more than one delivery a day can guarantee an exact delivery time. There are far too many things that can pop up during the day that can set the schedule off.

Lowes only offers next day delivery on IN STOCK internet :) orders. I know because I deliver appliances for lowes

@Anonymous

No because I just bought an in stock freezer and the soonest they said they could deliver is in a week

Ordered a GE refrigerator on July 8 2013. Lowes called on July 18 to schedule delivery. We scheduled for Monday, July 22 2013. After storing food in coolers, at noon I called Lowes and asked for an approximate delivery time. This was the point where I was told the refrigerator was at the store and not out for delivery. Having taken one day off of work, I was not about to take another!

I was told they might be able to get it here on Tuesday, but Wednesday or Thursday was more likely.

Went down to the store, got a refund for a $1600.00 refrigerator and service plan.

Also returned "My Lowes card" as I will NEVER shop with this company again! :( :( :(

I bought a refrigerator on Friday morning because mine died Thursday. They promised next day delivery and even called with a delivery time.

Hubby took all of the food out of the still cold refrigerator (frozen stuff at the neighbors) and took the doors off and the front door off to get it out. Lowe's calls at the maximum time they would be here and asks if it will be inconvenient to deliver the next day. I said yes..all of my food is out and waiting for you all to arrive and the door is off the house. He said ok..we will be there in two hours.

In two hours they call and say they aren't coming.

Over 200 dollars worth of food now ruined. I'm suing.

you all shoulda went to sears

Read their signs completely gang. It say "next Day Free Delivery see associate for details." Your not reading the signs completely.

Brandon
#311933

There are always going to be limitations to every policy. If a store has 2 delivery trucks and 25 appliances are sold each day for 3 days, there is a limit to how many can be delivered and installed honoring the "next day guarantee." Managers prioritize the deliveries of customers whose refrigerators/freezers have quit over your dishwasher or dryer. The problem lies in the fact that consumers have become so insatiable that they feel the need to blow up over being "inconvenienced." Its a breath of fresh air when a customer actually understands that things happen and is willing to compromise without demanding compensation.

@Brandon

Bull *** with your compromise talk. Lowes makes a promise and when they do not follow through with their promise then to make it worse rarely convey information with the consumer makes them a bad seller. I think most people are willing to make some compromises if a store is going to be up front with them and COMMUNICATE with the buyer.

Bought a fridge on Saturday in Columbia, SC and ask for next day delivery and both the salesmen laughted. They said they could deliver on Thursday at the earliest.

I said your ad says next day free delivery and they said they had 1 driver and Thursday was as soon as I could get it.

Then they said I could pick it up myself but to call and give them 24 hours to get it to the front of the store for me to pick up. What happen to the buy by phone and pick up 20 minutes later promise??

It doesn't matter if an "ignorant" customer didn't read the fine print on next-day delivery - being given an "Oh. We don't know.

It'll get here when it gets here" for a week is unacceptable customer service.

They should at LEAST know what day the item will get to their store, the employees can put in the order while you stand there and immediately know which truck it will be on. I know this from experience.

And yes I AM writing this two years late, for those consumers who can still benefit from this post :)

Definitely a sham. I was purchasing gas stove, standing next to a sign that said next day delivery and hookup.

Salesman told me" By the way we don't hookup gas dryers" "OK". He printed out he ticket and told me it would be delivered in a week. I said what about the sign "next day delivery".

He said we don't have but one truck driver it will be a week. I told him to keep it, I won't need it in a week.

#219826

Maybe you guys just have very *** lowes where you live because I have never had a problem everything gets shipped when they say and everything. I love my lowes.

#581978
@Not all Lowes are bad. Sorry y

I have to agree here, if I ordered a garden hose over the phone and went to pick it up later in the day to be told it would be there in a week, I would be upset because it is just a garden hose. But if I'm buying a range or a fridge; something I will be using for years and years and years, what difference does it make if I get it today or a week from today.

I'm very loyal to my local Lowes because they are always friendly and are always willing to price match whatever discount, online only warehouse store price I can dig up for any given item. And no, I don't work there or even know anyone who does.

#219512

My wife and I purchased a washer/dryer set from Lowes last week and were told it would be delivered the next day.

I arranged to work from home that day with my company so I could be available to accept the delivery. We got 3 automated calls the night before delivery that the washer/dryer would be delivered the next day between 2pm and 4pm. Great! So I stay home from work the next day....9am rolls around and Lowes calls us saying the appliances aren't even in stock, never made it to the delivery company and won't be available until next week.

We are STILL waiting 1 week later for delivery. This will be the last time I EVER shop at Lowes.

I bought a refrigerator from Lowe's on 9/3/10. The salesgirl stated there were three in stock.

I was told they would deliver on 9/5 (well more than the 24 hours after purchase for DELIVERY, but whatever). So I get a call at 8:30 AM on Sunday 9/5, saying they'll deliver my fridge between 3 and 6 pm. I sit there from 1:30 to 7pm. No fridge, no calls, nothing (I had dinner plans I was late for because of this, and had to *** work).

I call today, 9/6, and am told they don't know what happened, but they'll call me back within a half hour. Three hours go by. I call back, only to simply be told they'll deliver it tomorrow 9/7 (that's what they said was in the comp, though my paperwork proves it was supposed to be on 9/5) and call in the morning to let me know when - no apologies, no explanations whatsoever. I told them I have to work tomorrow and already wasted one afternoon on them, so to make sure they schedule me for late afternoon (again)as it's the least inconvenient to me.

If it's not there tomorrow, I'm requesting a refund (or will call my CC company), and purchase from a locally owned business, which I should have done anyway, but didn't because I wanted the fridge right away. I went through *** with them a few years ago down south regarding a hot water heater, where they simply never showed up TWICE, but thought that was a one time problem, apparently not. Lowe's really needs to improve customer sercive, and seriously get it's act together.

I shouldn't have to *** work twice and not have calls returned (or made at all), and even worse with no apologies at all! CLEARLY the Lowe's employee who posted here needs to get THEIR facts straight, and obviously doesn't know what they are talking about, seems to be common there!

just purchased a washing machine, stove, refrigerater, and dishwasher on separate trips over the last three months. Each was delivered and installed within 24 hours. Guess I just got lucky>:)

Almost anyone who is going into Lowe's because of their "next day delivery" ads is also expecting installation. Lowe's knows that, and is counting on people coming into the store because of the "next day delivery" ads, and then buying anyway because they are already there.

That is a marketing ploy that closely borders on a sham. This is not the customers' fault, and Lowe's should know (and certainly does by now) that if they are going to pull that kind of ploy they are going to have angry people out there.

A few other things. I'm holding in my hand the Lowe's Appliance Buyers' Guide -- a pamphlet you can pick up at your local store which details the various options the consumer has when making a purchase. On the the first page of the guide (after the cover) they lay out in big bold leters the "Lowe's Appliance Advantage" promise:

* Guaranteed Low Price (match other stores)

* 100 percent satisfaction guaranteed -- repair, replace or refund if not happy in 30 days.

* Delivery... This is now a direct quote " Next-day local delivery + haul away + hookup. Any day you want it, 7 days a week. See an associate for details"

And this is where they get in trouble. The associate is supposed to tell you what does and does not apply. Mine didn't tell me a darn thing and their take is that I have to prove that to them. HA!

I didn't even mention that once I finally got the thing installed 5 days later, it broke down completely after 4 weeks. I have asked for a full refund but they are telling me that I would have to bring the dish washer to the store to get the refund. Either that or pay them to come uninstall it.

The exact same thing happened to me. I was told AFTER THE PURCHASE and missed delivery date that next day delivery doens't apply to anyhting but water heaters, which is nice to know, but completely in violation of the contract and all of the marketing materials they have plastered all over their store.

Go look yourself. See if you can find anything that tells you anything other than guiarnteed next day delivery and installation on all in-stock appliances. Their cop out is that the sales person is suppoed to tell you they don't really mean it, but my guy didn't tell me and I don't think it matters anyway.

It's in writing. He can say anything he wasts, it's what's in the contract that matters.

No where in any print,radio or t.v. ads does it state next day installation.

It simply states next day delivery on instock appliances. If you assumed there would be a service provided that wasnt,thats unfortunate.

"next day installation" is NOT a sham. I was promised delivery of refrigerator by a certain time and with a promise it would have a left-hand handle.

I tried calling the delivery people several times in the afternoon and when I fanally got someone, I was told, "they go home at 4:00" it was 4:15.

I was VERY annoyed since I was told the delivery date and had cleaned out my 'fridge and disconnected it. The dept manager and another employee delivered it at just around 5:00 with a right hand handle.

You are not telling the entire story. You are telling it so that you seem to be a victim.

In 95 per cent of these cases, the customer does not know what they are talking about.

Lowes does not do next day installations! They will deliver an INSTOCK appliance order the next day.

Get you facts straight.

Lowe's dosn't care. It's a fact!

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

Sounds like Lowe's PR making the above comment?????? :zzz

Lowes offers Next Day Delivery on In Stock Appliances. But are talking about Installation which is different The only Next Day Installation Lowes offers is on Water Heaters if purchased by noon. There has to be more to your story than this

View more comments (35)
Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes kitchen installer ruined my floor. I ordered Shenandoah kitchen cabinets

I ordered Shenandoah kitchen cabinets and granite countertops totalling $20,000 from Lowes. I chose Lowed installation service at $2995 but when their installer came to measure and look at the job, she charged us an extra point, $299.50 because extra work would be involved in floor preparation. Day of installation, the cabinets were placed and leveled on TOP of the edge of our existing laminate flooring. I asked the installer to trim the flooring so that the base counters would rest on the concrete floor and not on the edge of the laminate. He told me that wasn't part of their service and it was standard procedure to set the cabinet on top of, or in this case, on the edge of the flooring. Trim would cover anything that might show. I was very concerned as I thought laminate floors needed expansion space. The Lowes installer, Dave, assured me this 'no problem' and 'done all the time'. Now, remember, I paid $299.50 extra for this installation. Within 6 weeks of the cabinet install, my beautiful laminate floors started to show signs of buckling. I wrote Lowes April llth for assistance in correcting the problem. I had Empire Today, my original floor installation company, come and look at the problem. Although they charged me $1800 to 'fix' what they could, the cabinets were firmly sunk into the laminate and firmly held the planks so that those trapped under the dabinet edge had to remain in place. So, $1800 of my own money was spent trying to fix the Lowe's installer's mess. Now it is September 27, 2009 and Lowes has been to 'look' at the problem 3 times but nothing has been done to date. I took time off work to meet with one of their floor specialists, Mark. He assured me that his report would be in their hands that very day. Of course 3 days later no one was 'available' when I dropped into the store. The Manager Chas and the Installation Manager TJ we 'out'. Two days later, no call from Lowes. I called again and was told by TJ that he needed someone to come out to the house and measure for replacement flooring but that no one was available. He said he'd call me back that very afternoon. Now 3 days later, still no call back. Lowes is giving me the the runaround!!! My floors are getting worse as the twisting planks are spreading ... first the kitchen, then the entranceway (encumbered by the peninsula) and now down the hallway. Pretty soon Lowes is going to have to replace my entire house flooring if they don't hurry. Incidentially, in case thous sounds petty, Empire Today was originally paid $9,000 for the job and then $1,800 for repairs, and the floors were beautiful before the Lowes installation disaster.

Hard to believe the cabinets will cause that much problem for floor, installer was right that it is standard. Installers must move fast to make a profit.

Your floor can easily be cut afterwards by a flooring guy.to cut the floor precisely,first would require completely installing cabinets then tracing perimeter then remove cabinets cut floor and re install the cabinets.this would be triple the labor of a regular install and chance damaging cabinets from so much moving around. Your flooring Guy should have been able to remove flooring by cutting next to the toe kick. they should have saws for this cabinet installers do no have these saws. This sis the problem with do it your-selfer.

a knowledgeable general contractor would have foreseen these issues and had control of the different sub contractors to make sure thing are done properly and do be held accountable. Lowes are suppliers and can be held accountable.

You probably signed something taking responsibility for the install not lowes. they can only handle manufactures defects.

laminate over concrete???? moisture issue directly coming from the concrete.

Not a good idea to put any type of wood based product over concrete. Some concrete floors can emitlarge amounts of moisture through them.

That is why the boards are buckling. Also, why would there be buckling in an entranceway, and hallway which isn't even near the cabinets.

@moisture

sure over concrete. There are vapor barrier products that work wonderfully.

you are right about the buckling in entanceway.

The point that laminate was existing is puzzling. I think there are water issues look at the roof and the flooring Guy reinstall floors with a better vapor barrier.

My husband and I just had our whole kitchen done by Lowes...Cabinets, flooring & countertops. We had no problems at all and we love the results.

The cabinet installer was one of the nicest people and did a fantastic job on the cabinets.

The contractor who did the countertops was just as good. I have no complaints and I had no problems.

LOL at *** spends 20K on cabs and counters and is too cheap to buy a real floor. Good luck, teabagger...

If you buy cheap laminate up to 2$/SF this is what you get. You get buckling and splitting.

Buy 4$/SF laminate and you can place anything on top of it. It says so on the warranty.

@quality handyman

I did not want to call the flooring cheap but that is it. The good laminates are virtually indestructible.

Kitchens and baths need high quality. These are high traffic and sublect to water and chemicals grease.

I had wretched experience with a Lowe's bathroom vanity purchase and installation.

Lowe's tried to cheat us out of our original purchase. Assigned an installer who didn't know what he was doing and didn't have the tools to do it. Lied to us. Wasted two days of my husband's time. And to top it off, no apology.

They tried to charge me twice for the same vanity. I had to call up and down the corporate chain to get them to admit I'd already paid for it.

When the installer came the first time, he didn't have the tools to drill the vanity top for the faucet installation. Lowe's promised me they'd send it out again with the holes predrilled. The installer went back to pick it up. No holes drilled. My husband had to use his tools, which weren't the proper tools, and help the installer drill the holes.

I won't set foot in Lowe's ever again. They're happy to take your money (twice, if they can), but don't deliver what they promise.

#194983

Been waiting now for 3 weeks for my Wirlpool Range to be delivered and installed. I'm on my 2nd installer, the first came and took all the measurements and charged $35 and then never came back. Found out they were fired by Lowes but no one kept up on my order. New guys came to day and measured and promised an answer in 1 hour. 4 hours later, no joy

My atep son took a look and said the rage won't fit without cutting the countertop and cabinet face (news to me and never commented on by either Lowes installer). Turns out a 30" range is actually 30 3/4" wide!

Well I guess I was misled by Lowes Salesman, and 2 installers.

Oh yeah, just noticed that the second guy has screwed up the laminate when he shoved he old range back in place with his feet!

#194338

Just buy dont buy a kitchen from lowes they take you money and dont care :(

#194337

Just buy dont buy a kitchen from lowes they take you money and dont care :(

I agree and know just what you are going through. I spent 15000.00 at lowes for cabinets.

When the installer came out to put the counter top on he messed up by not cutting the top correctly. Has cost me alot of money and time to make it look right.

I wouldn't recommend Lowes to anyone.I'ts been 5 months just on counter tops. Pissed ;) :(

Get your state attorney general involved!

#119755

I have been a contractor for Lowes, have worked for Lowes, and I still run crews all over the east coast. Retailer4life is probably a nobody who cannot get promoted so he bashes whatever he can.

ALL installers are required to carry huge amounts of insurance. Try getting your floor replaced by a guy who doesnt have insurance...im sure you would remeber to sign a contract with him too..

people crack me up...how would a cabinet make your entire floor buckle? doesnt make any sense.

I thank you, just got a quote from HD for 20k plus for cabinets and was considering Lowes. NOT NOW after reading this you have saved me a bundle.

I have worked for Lowe's for 7 years,5 in the Install sales office & now a Kitchen Project Manager. Lowe's stands behind every install & warranty their installers work for 1 year.

Something does not sound right,call the district aim or cpo & let them know whats going on. No one,I mean no one stands behind their products & labor better than Lowe's.

If the installed sales office in the store cares anything about lowes and their customers. They will not have a substandard installer working for them.

It causes them as much pain as it causes the customer. Believe me.

I've had both lowes and HD install things in my homes. But it wasn't very pleasant either time.

As was said by the lowes employee the hire subs. And the subs are a *** shoot.

I went to lowes recenlty to get a price on cabinets and the guy was such an *** I walked out. I guess I'll buy mine at HD.

I have worked for lowe's for 15 years, and have been the manager of the installation department for 7 years. Believe me when I say this, if the installer did what you say he did.

LOWE'S WILL TAKE CARE OF THE ISSUE. Lowe's as a company will go as far as they needed to make a customer happy. You just haven't talked to the right people. You need to call the Area Install Manager or the corporate office, since the store doesn't seem to know how to deal with the issue.

Every company has people that just don't care, but we do want to know who they are by our customers. This seems to be the case. A professional inspector needs to be hired by lowe's and he will determine what caused the problem. This inspector will not be affilliated with lowe's, so the report will be unbiased.

Please call the customer service # 1-800-44lowes, and see what they can get done for you. This goes to the corporate office and then back to the store. But it is treated differently, because the corporate office has been alerted about it. It will be investigated, and if determined that the installer caused it by sitting the cabinets on the laminate, then Lowe's will replace it.

But the inspector must make this determination not a lowe's employee or another contractor.

Sorry this store isn't following lowe's customer service guidelines.

We always want Happy Customers period. That has always been Lowe's most important thing.

#811909
@lowesinstallinfo

My experience is that LOWE'S does NOT stand behind installation work. We recently purchased a stove for a vacation home and the installer (who we later learned was just an electrician) did a real hatchet job on our counters and cabinets that abutt the stove!

We complained and were referred to an agent for Lowe's who said that the only thing they could do is send someone to sand the cabinets so that they are straight (right now, the cuts are very uneven), put in some sort of cushion that goes on either side of the stove, and seal off the opening on each side with a white spill-proof seal. When the "repairman" finally showed up (2-3 hours late) it was THE SAME ELECTRICIAN who had made such a mess with the installation! Not only did he not sand the cabinet edges or install the cushion, he "sealed" the edges with stainless steel strips- not white, claiming he went to 4 stores but was unable to find the white strips. The stainless steel strips look very tacky against white counters and a white stove!

He also refused to install a bracket that came with the stove and supposedly is required to prevent tipping because, according to him, the bracket is only used in earthquake prone areas. Short of a lawsuit, we don't know where else to turn!

Box stores are exactly what it says. Never, I repeat never let a lowes installer install something for you.

Just because someone has a pickup full of tools doesnt mean that they are a finished carpenter.

Finish work requires a finished carpenter. Talk to general contractors that builds expensive homes and they will probably recomend someone for the job since they share this information, in an effort to keep the good installers buisy

Assuming that is what the "Installers" wanted to do! Keeping busy by "word of mouth" is great if you want to have your own business, hire people and like dealing with all of the issues...

However, I agree with Retailer4life on the first part. I wouldn't let Lowes go near my house. They hide behind the name "Lowes" expecting it to cover their poor management skills and follow-up.

Their idea of accountability is blaming non managers for their own mistakes and then they won't even come out to your house to face you and help fix problems!

Let's built something together!

Like a disaster.

www.firerobertniblock.com

I am a Manager for Lowes and I assure you our Installers are the cream of the crop They have to have background checks as well as carry a healthy amount of insurance. But with anything there is good and bad with everything and it sounds like you got the bad. You need to ask to speak to the AIM or Area Installation Manager explain the situation have them come look and they will hold the Installer accountable and take care of the 1900 dollars you had to pay.

Thank you retailer4life for your comments and insight. My next project involves replacing windows and Lowes will not be doing that job. I appreciate the heads-up.

Trust me, I know, I work for Lowe's myself, I would never have Lowe's install anything! I hear these sad stories virtually every day!

The problem is that the installer's are all "contracted out", meaning they do not work for Lowe's per se, as neither us nor Home Depot have "in house" install teams.

The other problem is, that these guys generally are not the "cream of the crop" if you get my drift, because if they were good installers, they would not have to rely on the box stores to send them work, they would have plenty of "word of mouth" referrels to keep them busy. I personally either do my own installs myself or go to a "pro" if it is out of my league, but will never let the store do it.

View more comments (25)

Lowes

Lowes store manager DOM in Severn Maryland never took basic people skills trainning!He is rude and speaks down to people.He should be lucky to have a job! How does a person like Dom become a store manager? I had a problem with a very large kitchen and flooring install. Since he elected to NEVER return any of my several calls I had everything returned and took my money and went to Home Depot. I had the best service EVERY! There were several employees that had nothing good to say about Dom. I will never return to Lowes as long as that poor excuse for a manager is there, cause that tells me that they dont care about there customers anymore.

They have a manager of some sort at this store that likes to push you to the point of leaving the store, he is weird to the point of just being all over you. You would think they would have gotten rid if this person by now.

I have never had this type of thing happen at any other store before all they have to do is ask if I need any help and just leave me alone afterwards instead of being all over me.

Is this the new Lowes way of doing things!!! You just lost my business at this store.

Funny, the store manager in Hannibal, MO has some serious people skills issues as well. He acts like he's God's gift to customers until you make your puchase then, once your money's in his pocket, he won't give you the time of day.

He'll be down right rude as *** to you.

I returned all my purchases for a flooring job and took my money to Home Depot. Ian Butler can kiss my ***.

This web site is for poorly treated people like you. Trust me, your not the only one.

Thank goodness for websites likwe www.pissedconsumers.com & www.lowesceo.com. Go right too the source!

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes review in Reno, Nevada: Lowe's continues to bully their way on the Internet

Lowe's shuts down "lowesceo" on Twitter. They continue to try to silence previous costumer that have had very bad or horrible experiences at Lowe's They use very high paid attorneys, maybe even pay off judges. Robert Niblock is most liky is using his back stage pass, too kiss some *** at a nascar race today. He just needs too remember. he is on the hot seat. things will eventually catch up with Lowes. They can't keep all of there secrets forever. It will catch up with them. Don't shop at Lowes. Trust me. goto www.lowesceo.com

I am an employed there at Lowes Talking about a Dead end job and cheap *** pay. :(

Blame him...

www.lowesceo.com

www.firerobertniblock.com

View more comments (2)

Lowes review in Alexandria, Virginia: Water Ace

17 Sept. 2009 Water Ace Pump Company1101 Myers ParkwayAshland, Ohio 44805-19691-800-942-3343www.waterace.com Lowe's Home Centers, Inc.1520 Rt. 38, Bldg. 10Lumberton, NJ 08048609-518-7680www.lowes.com/feedback Store Code: 15750-91509-18734 To whom it may concern: On Saturday 19 Jan. 2008 I went to Lowe's Mt Holly, NJ & bought a Water Ace Model R5V ½ HP Sump Pump with a 5-year warranty.On Saturday 12 Sep.2009 I returned home @ 2300 hrs to find my basement flooded. The sump pump stopped working.On Sunday 13 Sep. 2009, I returned to Lowe's to get another pump and bought a Water Ace Model R50VLT. I woke up Sunday Morning 12 hours after installing this pump only to find the basement flooded again. I checked the float and manually lowered it and then left it rise to the switch and the pump started pumping once again. I watched it do this for 5 consecutive 15-second cycles and then the 6th time the pump clicked in as before & ran, but would not pump out the water. (Also noted was a stream of water exiting the pump near the outlet. It looked like a hairline crack in the housing.) I went though the manual resetting the float again & the pump did the same thing. I laid on the wet floor for about 2 hours doing this over and over to lower the water table. I had to repeat this several more times during the day & into the evening to keep the basement free from water.While on break at work I called Water Ace & talked with a gentleman named Ron & he said I should return both pumps to Lowe's and gave me # 200-801 for the R5V pump. When I got home from work on Monday 14 Sept. 2009, it was flooded again. I repeated the manually lowering and raising the float to get it started and then it worked once again for a few cycles & then just turned on without pumping any water as it has been doing since Sunday.On Tuesday 15 Sept 2009 I went to Lowe's with both pumps but I Didi't have the receipt for the R5V pump with me as it was at home with my income tax file. (With all the water coming into the basement, I didn't take time to search for the receipt as in the past Lowe's was able to find my purchase on their computer.) I gave them the date and Model number but they said that they could not find it in the system as the SKU changed. The Zone Manager Josh would not give me his last name as I said that I would be in contact with Lowe's Corporate office. I exchanged the R50VLT pump & went back home.Walked through the now flooded basement again and installed the R50VLT pump. Turned it on and it started pumping right away. After about 10 minutes the water was back in the sump pump well and it shut off until it filled up and it kicked back on. This happened for about 7 times and then it turned on & failed to pump the water until I manually lowered the float and raised it in order for the pump to start pumping again.This went through the 15-second cycles for about seven times and then stopped again.Also to be noted here that the pump would actually sound like it was pumping water after the 7th cycle, but only was circulating water in the pump well with some exiting the anti air lock port. This continual running with adds to my electric bill for the last 5 days. It was at this time that the thought came to me to check the box to see where this pump was manufactured. When I read Made in China, I really got ticked off! I'm sick and tired of having so many things made in China. I would not have bought this pump to start with had I checked where it was made, but for the fact that I was in Lowe's & needed a pump right away. I want you to know that I lost a lot of our things in the basement because of the pump failure; lost a lot of hours changing out the pumps & trying to get them to work properly; time in traveling back & forth to Lowe's as well as money spent on gas for my car. Now I know that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to change a sump pump. It is just a matter of connecting a hose & plugging in. However I do want you to know a little about me.I served 20 years active U.S. Air Force & 10 years Inactive Reserve as a Jet Engine Technician & later as a C-141 Starlifter Aircraft Flight Engineer, Also ram my own Home Improvement business for a few years and I'm a Real Estate Investor with a few properties that I maintain. I'm also employed on Fort Dix, NJ as part of the ISO 9000 Quality Team, working with the Electronic Shop; Weapon Shop & the Vehicle Maintenance Shops for the vehicles used in training and deploying with the Army, Air Force and Navy. Needless to say, I'm very familiar with all kinds of pumps and switches.With that I can only say that the Water Ace Pumps are of poor quality. I would suggest that you get rid of this Chinese made junk and BUY AMERICAN!

I'm with you, buddy. If we made steel in this country again we wouldn't have to buy Chinese junk.

I'm tired of everything being made cheaply to last just until the warranty expires. cBusinesses only listen when you speak with your dollar.

Check all labels and if it isn't made in USA (or in the case of my favorite hair product, MoraccanOil, made in Israel), don't buy it.

AMEN

had to manually lift the float everytime we had a hard rain. basement constantly flooding.

no info on how to get warranty lowes does not carry this item anymore. Would not have purchased this item with what I know now. We purchased this thinking we were getting one of the higher quality pumps so we didnt have to deal with this kind of stuff.

opps.. lost my drumset.

I purchased a house in the summer of 2012 which came with a Waterace R3S, a 1/3 HP sump with a tethered float. The pump worked fine through fall and winter when it have a small work load. But come spring things started to turn bad. Knowing that there would be a lot of water coming in to my pit I checked the pump, watched it cycle 4-5 times and came to the conclusion that the pump was up to the task of the upcoming spring thaw.

During my inspection I noticed that the float for my backup, water operated pump (operated by municipal water pressure in the case of a power outage or mechanical failure of your primary pump) was getting caught up on the side because of a missing bracket which is meant to hold it vertical. Stupidly I shut the ball valve going to the back up because I did not want it to get caught and let the water run constantly. I have caught this little pump running before, the float caught on the side. I simply just moved the float back into position not really giving much thought to it. If i had taken the time to think about it I would have realized that this float is set when the waterline reaches 1"-2" above that which the Waterace pump is set. Which means the Waterace didn't turn on when it as suppose to.

I mention to my wife how it would suck to have a flooded basement and how the pump was working good. The next day, after my inspection and ironic statement to my wife I go down to a flooded basement. I immediately turn the little back up pump on, cursing my stupidity for shutting it off. Move everything that was or could be water damaged and begin to try to get the pump running. My immediate thought was that it was a the float switch, I begin to take the pump apart to see how difficult it would be to replace the float switch. I get 2 of the 6 screws out and in a moment of frustration I plug it in, praying to the pump god's that it works. I lift the float, and the *** turns on. As fast as I can I replace the screws and put the pump back home, as the water is not lowering, the poor little water powered pump isn't built to move that amount of water. The Waterace turns on and finally the pit and surrounding water is pumped out and I can begin my clean up of the the basement.

Luckily my basement is only partially finished and I did catch it before it was too bad. The pump pit does happened to be placed in the one room that is drywalled and has laminate flooring. Looking back the damage could have been a lot worse.

Forward two days later, Easter sunday. I could have bought a new pump yesterday, everything was open, do I? No. Instead a figure I keep a close eye on it and see if it happens again. Sunday morning I go down and my little water powered pump is running, meaning one thing, the waterline rose past that of the Waterace pump. I hit the float for the Waterace, nothing. After cursing Waterace and thanking my little water powered pump I remove the pump again. The Waterace is hot, so much that there is a small amount of steam coming from it. Thats when it dawns on me, the pump is equipped with a thermal overload! The pump has been overheating, tripping this switch. It has been working hard, the snow is melting quick. Regardless, if this pump is equipped with a overload, and no manual reset, it should cool down and automatically reset itself. The pump has not been doing this. I wait 15-20 minutes, which I conclude is sufficient amount of time to let the pump cool down, plug it in and the pump turns on.

So, it seems that the pump is overheating tripping the switch, awesome feature if it worked. But it doesn't reset unless I interrupt the power going to it.

Good luck getting any useful information from Waterace.com, it looks like a website I made for a project in grade 8. I was going to contact them by email, but their email is down. From "Terry's" post on this thread on June 09, 2012, it seems that there email has been down for 9 months. Seems kind of fishy to me. So I will wait until Easter is over to call this exceedingly, amateur looking company.

Moral of the story. Don't shut off your back up pump. The Waterace pump will take advantage of your lapse in judgement and you will be vacuuming up water off your basement floor.

I will be purchasing another pump, from another company that doesn't look like they are running it out of their mothers basement.

All big box store sell the same thing Jst they put there name on claim it's better warranty ect.... They play us all as fools while the top players get the goodies comsumer gets screwd how much do u think they payed for the pump?

Probry 1/4 wht we pay .. Oh ya they all want to help us hahahah help us spend more

Re: Water Ace R50VLT purchased at Lowes and installed 2 years ago. Now the pump switch is DOA.

Luckily I heard the pump running non stop. Called customer Service who said send it back for a new one. The Phipps Hex Screw securing the switch to the pump has to be drilled out because it's a piece of ***. I am in healthcare and imagine if *** screws were used to fix bone fractures.

Are we that money hungry and unethical that we sell *** to Americans? (of course we all know the answer). So far trying to get this screw out has wasted an entire day. No sockets fit and I wonder if they do this on purpose.

When I get a new switch will this happen two years from now or will the pump fail? I will never buy another Water Ace pump again.

I'll go to a proper plumbing place and check customer reviews first. :cry

I'm trying to get parts for a RC10. I can't even get into the WEB site to contact Water Ace.

Their Email is down. After reading all the complaints, I think I'll trash the pump and get another from a company with a better product line mainteance record.

Try a pump that is made in the U.S.A. like Zoeller. www.zoeller.com

I have a water ace R15L lawn sprinkler pump. It has worked great for the last ten years since new.

The poor guy finally retired this week after many years of fine service. Wish I could find another one locally just like it. It owes me nothing.

Was just great! :)

The water ace I have will work fine, but will not shut off after repeated cycles....I will be switching brands, and stores this round.

I had the same problem with the sump pump.

just survived Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene. Only due to the fact i checked the sump pump before going to bed.

the float was up, but did not turn on the pump. i manually pushed it up and down and it turned on.

Spent 3 hours thru the nite making sure it didnt stop again. going to Lowes to replace with something better.

I have, scratch that, HAD, a Water Ace R5V, 1/2 hp sump pump. It went out less than 2 years after purchase.

This also advertised a 5 Year Warranty, which at the time, made me feel better about spending less on the pump. I also had to lift the switch manualy several times, wiggling it back and forth, up and down, to get the water level down. Once down again, I took off to get a new one. Thank God it happened 2 weeks before our area received the, now news worthy, flooding.

If it had gone out the 1st night the water started to rise, we would have lost everything in our basement.

AVOID WATER ACE PUMPS. You may save 50 bucks at the store, but think of the hours your going to spend cleaning up your flooded basement.

30 years of commercial, industrial, and residence Plumbing, design, fab, install and lots, of repairs. I have learned a lot and it gets more interesting as time goes on but what gets me, no actually hurts is to American's demand and buy the cheapest of merchandise, than complain about the quality?

Why is it we buy *** from Asia and pay the billions of import and shipping costs and wonder why industry has moved? ETHICS.

Only one thing gets the economy up and moving, ......spending. I hate my lg phone and all the other *** coming out of that child labor country, they are going to cash us in soon.

Dont know if first comment went thru. The waterace never worked out of the box. Good quality hope Lowes will take back unit as its out of warranty.

R50VLT with the same switch problem. Pump works finebut wont shut off. Lowes is taking the old one back and replacing it.

I hate the Water Ace Pumps - it malfunctions , the floating switch does not work and I just had it cos my basement has been flooded many times now.Finally today I had - I want to let the world know that their pumps really suck big time.

I have a water ace R50vlt which also died. Actually the float switch controller stopped working.

The motor works if I plug it directly without the second plug. of course that is no good since it will run continuously. Water Ace advertises it with a lifetime warranty. When I called them there response was oh that is not a material defect.

we cannot repair it.... Glad to see that lowes in no longer carrying their trash. Just bought a Zoeller pump online. Alot of on line sites with good prices.

The recent rain we had in the Boston area caused a shortage of pumps everywhere. now I have to keep a spare on hand just in case.

I Bought a water ace sump pump R5V 5year warranty from lowes on 7-17-08 2year and 4 months later went out.I went to lowes they said,sorry we replaced that product with FLOTECH sump pump...SO much for warranty,any help, advise please email;delatte@spillwaycable.com THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!

Lowes ***' sucks!!!

Lowes has the most liberal return policy in the retail industry. I've also had to return a pump to them but had my reciept and had no issue. BUT I do agree we've sold our souls to the devil with the Chinese junk we are buying today.

View more comments (22)
Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes of E. Albuquerque let me down.

This was a horrible experience. I ordered blinds for my whole house, was told 3 week process. Blinds were ordered wrong, replacement was supposedly placed on rush order. A week later found out the re-order never happened. Had to wait another 2 weeks. Then only one set of blinds came in, found out the other set was never ordered. A month and a half later and Im still waiting for my blinds. Ive spoken with associates, Sales Manager and Assistant Store Manager and only received one apology. Never offered temporary blinds. The most they could do for me was tell me I have to wait for the blinds to come in. They have been paid in full since the day I ordered them. The most horrible experience Ive had while making home improvements. I should have gone with Home Depot or someone else local. Done with Lowes.

So, quit crying about it and get a refund. Why dont you stop gripping and get on with your life?

Have you ever made a mistake, are you sure NONE of this was YOUR fault?

Did you order the wrong size and then blame them? Come on, take your receipt, go to the store, get your refund.