store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Lowe's sells *** | Lowes review from Aurora, Colorado

I bought a plain 4 foot shop light from Lowes a couple months ago to use as a grow light for seed starting. I put it up yesterday, and it worked, although it hummed and buzzed furiously. Today, it doesn't work. At all. And since I can't find the receipt, I'm SOL, and I can't afford to buy yet another one because I haven't worked in two years. Lowe's sells ***. They don't care about their products or their customers. And they've lost my business. Permanently! I will never buy another thing from Lowe's, ever.
#131951

AS A LOWES EMPLOYEE... I GOTTA SAY THAT I DONT LOVE THE PLACE WHERE I WORK AT BUT WE DONT MANUFACTURE THE PRODUCTS WE SELL..

THE VENDORS SENDS THEM TO US AND WE SELL THEM WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THEY ARE WORKING PROPERLY OR NOT... BLAME IT ON THE VENDOR NOT ON US ***

oh yea,,,in case you do not have the box

unplug light and remove cover under where the bulbs go and read on the ballast, (where all the wires go)

should say xx watts t-12 or t-8

James

read on the box and make sure you installed the correct bulbs.

some shop lights require 40 watt T12 bulbs. larger ones

and some require the 32 watt T8.

buzzing can be a sympton of wrong bulb.

jamesandkay@earthlink.net

Does I-D-I-O-T sound appropriate!!!!!

Dumb***

lowes rules, you suck eggs.

karatebum

Illiterate trolls like you have no importance whatsoever. You're nothing but a waste of space.

Well if you have not worked in two years then Lowe's really isn't missing too much business. Sorry but you aren't that important

karatebum

So I can grow FOOD, you illiterate ***. Stop posting when you're stoned. It makes you sound ***.

if u lost your job 2 years why would u buy a *** light for seeds in the first placed

You growing pot

View more comments (8)

Lowe's hardware | Lowes review from Shallotte, North Carolina

WENT the shallotte,nc store to buy a 999.00 dollar lawn mower..YOU advertised that you will deliver a washer or dryer for 299.00 free but you won't deliver a riding lawn mower that is worth alot more..we had just built a 15x24 shed with all materials being bought at lowes and fencing...you have just lost a lifetime customer...all for nothing...what a shame. alo it was a great place to buy all my flowers and everything i needed for the yard and house...we will never step foot in the doors again and be sure word of mouth goes along way in this small town

Maybe he does his laundry with his lawnmower. Saves water, electric and not to mention the folding time is zero which leaves more time for complaining??????????

What does free delivery on an appliance have to do with delivering a lawn tractor? Open your eyes--everyone offers "free" delivery on appliances.

Don't be fooled, they have all built the delivery charge into the price of the appliance. Sure, they could change the price of the tractor to $1050 and say they will deliver it free as well.

View more comments (1)
Loss
The store in referance is located in Macon Georgia.On eisenhowser parkway. I have spent thousands of dollars with lowes,I BUY AND REBUILD HOUSES,I HAVE ALWAYS PURCHASED all that was avalabe at lowes,including tools. I have purchsed several Kobalt knives that has...
Meilyn

I had a similar experience with a Lowe's in Flower Mound, TX. I tried returning a battery less than 1 1/2 years hold from a Kobalt garden tool.

The Kobalt website shows a 3 year battery warranty to be excerised at the Lowe's of purchase.

Lowes's catagorized the battery as last years model and refused to honor the warranty. From their perspective there was no way to replace the battery for equal trade nor did they want to take a loss by refunding the purchase.

View more comments

Lowes treatment and products

I recently purchased a bathroom vanity from Lowe's and had to return it twice now for replacements because it was broken. Each time I went to exchange it I was treated like a criminal. I had my receipts, I was pleasant and understand these things get damaged in the process of stocking shelves etc. It's the manufacturer not lowes,,I get that. But the treatment I received was appalling. The poor girl trying to help me had to wait to eat her lunch because no manager was available and they had no more left, two others were also broken from off the shelves. No one ever came to help except one employee who saw me the night before hurried over to tell the girl helping me "oh she already got her money back" as if I was trying to scam them. I showed the receipt and that I was only getting an exchange. Then the gentleman said "just get it in black mamm whats the difference". The black one was also broken when it came to the register. I was in the store for an hour and I'm 8 months pregnant. I asked if they had water or a drink I could purchase and a third employee standing near said "its right in front of you" in a very rude tone. I was almost in tears when I left. I'm so disgusted. I got my money refunded and will not return there again. The day before I waited 10 minutes for someone in the paint department to help me, she was talking and laughing with another employee about 30 ft from me and still I stood just waiting. Never acknowledged. Is it like this everywhere? What kind of treatment to these lowes employees get from people that makes them so angry and rude? To the girl that helped me thank you but to to everyone else there..you should be ashamed. I wish I had a camera crew with me as proof but I didn't, imagine that reality show.

Well then dont go their during lunch hour. what do you expect.

you not the only one that get to eat. think about other humans :cry

@joe

joe, is a retaed

Im usually disgusted with lowes customers but you were treated inhuman. Shame on them.

Especially being pregnant and all. I hope you are feeling better.

Shop at Menards then! You will NOT be treated like this, and it is a known fact that Menards prices are a LOT lower than Lowes!!

View more comments (3)
Lowes Manager

Carpet | Lowes review from Traverse City, Michigan

Two weeks ago we bought carpet from you and were told that the carpet that we bought would fit all the proposes due to the fact that it is a rental home. However we did ask questions like, how long will this carpet last? We were told 6 years and we cant see this carpet lasting more than 6 months. We were never told that you could not have dogs nor a vaccume with a spindle brush on the end and if you do it would void warranty.That should be told when carpet is bought. We feel that your company was very dishonest and that your employee's were just trying to make a sale to meet their numbers. We were referd to you by painters and builders and you lots us as a custermer and possible others. Jon And Jennifer Smith

hahaha, i am with you niki.. i'm not much for the grammar police myslef, but wow is all i can say...

i felt like i was trying to decipher ancient egyptian hieroglyphics written by an American 1st Grader...

i am pretty sure my IQ just dropped off the charts after trying to read their comments.

sorry for the criticism, but hopefully it will become constructive criticism...

Wow..both of these posts are hard to read. I am not the grammar police, but proof read---It makes your complaints/comments more believable.

first if was for a rental property what kind of people do rent to ( pets ) allowed 100% customer who putting carpet want the cheapist carpet and when they don't like it after 6 month they get *** first who installed it second install with padding !!!

lowes doesn't manufacture carpets !!!

check warrenty on carpets basic 7 to 10 years

basic wear and tear !!!!

was it a in stock carpet ? or speical order in stock carpet we only get 14 cents that right 14 cents a foot commision and sos is not that higher so the making numbers thing is not the problem customer doesn't want to spend the money they don't remember u said it was a rental

View more comments (2)

*** Lowe's Customers | Lowes review from Shallotte, North Carolina

All you guys do is *** and complain. We bend over backwards for you. You DESERVE shoddy service for waiting till we close to come in and order your ***. Go to home depot. We don't want you anyway. And haha corporate you don't know who I am. Go shove it. Nobody can find out me. I hate you and your *** *** customers. They and YOU make me SICK. You never give breaks or lunches and never let the cashiers sit down or go to the bathroom or anything. Screw Lowes and all it represents. Period. Ug.

Hit it right on the head. They don't allow bathroom breaks, they treat people like ***, especially Lowes #3000's Chris A.

He's got an *** beating coming.

I just hope he never had kids. I'm sorry for his wife having to put up with his 1/2 inch ***

then get a new job

Sounds like you need a new job.

you so *** lazy!! you bend over backwards??

what a load of ***!! if that were the case you wouldnt mind customers coming in close to closing time!! All u do is stand by your *** register anyways aint like you stock anything or do any heavy lifting!! ALL you do is stand there and ring people out.....so please save your *** drama!!

Its your freakin job!!

you get paid to help us!! put a smile on your face, say Welcome to Lowes and shut the **** up!!!

it a do it yourself store !!!!!!! why are u complaing if you don't know how to install or fix your own sinks and faucet lowes has the most liberal return policy buy the snow blowers before storn then return and say it doesn't work anymore mmmmmmm all it did was run out of gas !!!!

View more comments (4)

Lowes = Lazy

I needed 10 bags of sand and 10 bags of top soil. This guy in landscaping told me he didn't have any sand so I should go to contracting and he'd meet me there with the top soil. 30 minutes later he's STILL not there. Also, there's NO ONE to get me the sand in contracting so after he got there he had to go get it anyway. He'd having a very hard time working as he pants are barely hanging on to his hips with his ugly gray underwear. He said it took him a long time as he was the only one working which was a lie. He was standing there talking to an employee when he told me he'd help. He had the biggest case of the "give a sh_ts" I've ever seen.

You are really complaining about some lazy employee when you could've just gotten it yourself and been gone out the door. Look every business has lazy subpar employees, kinda like there are lazy subpar humans.

Lowes Carpet Scam

Advertisement said $98 whole house install. After we paid $32 for them to come out to do a square footage estimate, thew insisted that we buy there pad. We already had new pad (less then 1 year old. Steps cost extra, plus carpet removal (which we had already removed). total for labor only would be $1900 dollars. We got them to remove the charge for carpet removal however they still want to charge $1300 for a $98 whole house install. The carpet person at this Fredricksburg VA store eventually hung up on me after I told him I don't care how his numbers add up that was his problem in my math $98 never =1300+ dollars.

Like most of the reviewers in this forum, I’ve had both positive and negative experiences with installers and concur that “scams” are perperprated by big box stores and the mom and pop operations. Based on my experience, I’ve learned to take my time and get multiple estimates, sometimes as many as five.

Drives my wife crazy, but at end of the process and a decision is made, both of us are confident in that joint decision. The decision is based on numbers (facts) received from contractors, who quickly figure out we’re not in a hurry and that scam artists usually can’t keep their story straight. Six months ago, we used a mom and pop operation to remove and re-tile approximately 2400 sf of flooring in our home. Very professional installers, with the site manager eyeballing every detail of the installation.

However, I attribute our success to the research we did prior to selecting a vendor and the relationship we established with company BEFORE the job started. Today, I’m having multiple contractors come out and give us estimates on carpet, to include the mom and pop folks who did our tile job. Bottom line, stop complaining and just do your research on potential contractors. It’s your hard earned money, so spend it wisely!

BTW, the Lowe’s the contractor did give me a quote today, and “yes” they inflated the square footage of areas being measured.

I called him on it, stoped him in progress, and politely asked him to leave our home. Three of the quotes are scheduled to come back on 11/5, which we’ll thoroughly review before making a joint financial decision!

My free installation ended up at $2800, Lowes is a major scam on carpet by using the pad and installation for hidden costs. $500 to haul off the old carpet, $250 to move the furniture around and they will not move beds or TV's, $84 for carpet tape and almost double the going price for pad.

If you read the $98 BASIC LABOR charge it clearly states "does not include installation on steps, moving furniture, rip up and removal and any other customization". I'm also positive that the quote for $1300 included the carpet and pad.

Before you negatively criticize Lowes and the associate that EVENTUALLY hung up on you for attempting to explain to you that you are wrong you should get your facts straight. It's people like you that make retail associates jobs very difficult.

The carpet installation pricing is very clearly listed all over the department. Try reading and listening to the professional sales associate before posting bogus stuff like this.

#1292020
@Anonymous

Even as a worker, I can see the scam. Not exactly as this women stated, but I can see it.

I went with the free installation and that includes furniture removal, carpet removal and haul away. One if the first charges I seen were for haul away. Then i add up my numbers.

They want me to buy 92 extra square feet of rug which totals $150. Why should I buy that much extra to literally cover 10 square feet that is not covered by the 15 foot roll????

@Anonymous

You must be employed at Lowe’s. Truth is this helped me change my mind and go elsewhere.

Realize consumers have choices and for you to post your nasty reply just shows that customer was right and you didn’t do a thing for Lowe’s. It’s people like you who make people like me glad I went elsewhere!

Try making better decisions before attacking customers because Military Veterans like me wont shop there. Too bad cause I was gonna spend thousands....

Yup that's how they get you

When getting estimates fir flooring. Get several estimates.

Compare apples to apples. Most installers are subcontractors. When working for lowes they require them to be carry all kinds of insurace!! There is no way they can install a whole house for 99.00.!!

They would loose money!! They are tacking it in somewhere!! Get a bid from them for carpet pad and labor. Now get another bid!!

Compare the bids!! Is the overall price higher or lower? Is the value of the product the same? Flooring stores carry all the insurance that lowes makes the installer carry.

The flooring store will back the product and give u a warranty!! Lowes does have a credit card u can use!! Stores most likely have some kind of financing...

Depending on credit... My husband has been in the flooring business for close to 30 years....

Lowes riped off my wife. We wanted new carpet in our house so I told my wife to handle it.

She called lowes they came out and gave her a square footage of 960 sq. ft. that would cover any overages they had. So my wife said ok after I got the 4500.00 dollar bill I did the sq.

ft. I came up with760 sq. with overage allowed. front room is 21/23.6.

So carpet comes in 12 and 13 foot rolls average you take 44 running feet witch would be 12/44 foot long cut in half put it side by side you get 22/24 minus the fire place you cut out 24 sq. ft. that goes in to the two closets I have.That they charged extra for Overage they say. Hall way is 43 inches wide I figured 48 inches or 4 ft.

wide 28 foot long take the left over carpet would be 28ft long 8 foot wide cut that in half that gives you 16/14 that fits the dining room that's all the carpet you need.12 by 72 foot long they charged my wife for 12/80 running feet that's like an extra 96 sq. ft. at 5.25 a sq. ft.

that's about 500.00 they got us for not including the pad. Not happy with LOWES at all. I will not go back to them ever again.

Ladys beware. Las Vegas Nevada

It's all a scam. I paid almost $3000 for a flooring install that has yet to happen.

The contractor will schedule, then something will come up the day before and it'll be rescheduled. This has been a neverending process for me.

Explain how someone is suppose to make a living on 98$ for a whole house installation. Grow up quit wineing

View more comments (67)
Lowes Estimate

Can Not Install the Refreigerator I bought from Them and Tell Me They Don't Know What to Do | Lowes review from Memphis, Tennessee

I have had the worst experience with Lowes of any store I have dealt with ever. Specifically I am dealing with the Lowes in Memphis, TN on Winchester. I went to the store looking for a refrigerator and they convinced me that a Bosch Linea cabinet depth fridge was an excellent model and I purchase a model at what I think is a good deal. They can only schedule the delivery a week out which is fine I can wait. The day that they delivered the fridge they essentially just brought it into the space in my kitchen on a dolly put it on the floor, and start to push it into place at which point it starts making a horrendous noise which they insist is perfectly normal and then they leave. I should have watched them more closely and I would have known that not only did they not level the fridge at all but they also pushed the fridge into place with a large metal plate protruding from the bottom scraping my hard wood floor. And there are now parts on the bottom the fridge tha look like they are getting crushed. I call Lowes back to complain and they say they will send another guy out right away. So a couple hours later this guy arrives by himself when really this is a two man job to begin with and he looks at the fridge tells me he can't level it but that he will contact the manager to have him call me to schedule another person to fix it but in the process of trying to level it he has put the fridge extremely high in the front and very low in the back. The manager calls me back and says that he can't get someone to come out until Wednesday morning (this is on Sunday by the way). So over the period of Monday and Tuesday the fridge starts to make loud noises intermittenly which I can only assume is due to the angle of the fridge and what occured during delivery. So I wait all morning on Wednesday and no one ever shows up. I call later and speak with an assistant manager as the store manager is on vacation and she says they can replace the fridge and she will call me back. I don't hear from her for a couple hours so I call back and she says she can't bring another fridge that I have to call the Lowes service 800 number. I do so and the prompts on thei automated system just send my call to Bosch who promptly tells me this is an installation issue and I have to contact Lowes. I all the same mamager back and she says she is sure I should call the service number but will do it for me and call me back. I wait another hour and no word from her so i call her again. This time she tells me the Lowes service said this would be fine and I should just call this authorized Bosh aplliance repair company. I call them and they tell me that no they only have an agreement with Bosch, this is a Lowes Installation issue and if I have them come out it would be out of my pocket. I call the manager back and tell her this and she tells me that she does not know what to do. So now I am stuck in a situation where I have a fridge that is just getting worse, the Lowe's installers don't know how to install or fix the Bosch fridge they sold me and the Lowe's Management won't help me even though it is entirely their installers fault by their own admitance.

sorry ur having such a problem i work in delivery for lowes in nashville and what ur describing is not lowes policy that we do our team always makes sure the customers appliance is level and in good working order and never or try our hardest to never damage a customers home and if we have the unit in stock it goes out the next day no question sounds like ur just dealing with one bad store not all r like that

Lowes Installation

Lowes 209 killeen, TX

our store manager in #209 killeen tx sat by the computers with the Hr manager and watched us fill out or opinion surveys. on to of that our zone 3 manager Joel dutton has a key to his house and drinks with him almost daily.he has told employees and customers and i quote" Let me explain somethin to you. I have been with Lowes for 21 years 21 long years, and in that 21 years i have met alot of important people inside lowes and out. People in high places within Lowes. so with that being said and with my reputation adn the people i know in Lowes do you think there is anything Anyone can do to Me? I think Not."Joel is giving things away in cull packs and not charging the people taking them.

No matter how important you think you are or,how good you think your reputation is everyone is expendable. Just because you have been at your job for 21. years does not give you the right to talk down to anyone because,there is always someone else looking for a job who will do a better job at a cheeper rate.

Lowes Manager