Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Mission Viejo, California - Fiasco regarding dishwasher purchase

too many mishaps, starting with 'drop order' with their computer system, and subsequent visits back to correct it, and further mistakes. install appointment debacles followed. when i asked for refund, they couldn't process my order because it was still in limbo in their IT system. have never experienced something like this. i wanted to give them my business and more down the line for further remodelling of my home. i have owned several small businesses, and have never seen anything like this. haven't elaborated on the 'further mistakes' and responses because it would take too much of your time.
Loss

Lowes in Reston, Virginia - Home Depot Berh Paint rebate a joke. Would not honor rebate!!

I purchased Behr paint on Aug. 28, 2008 and was told I would receive $20.00 for each bucket and $5.00 for each pail and could submit claim online. Could never get entered online and called to be told I had missed the deadline. Since Aug. 28, I have purchased over $1,000. in additional paint and materials from Home Depot, but I can assure you it will the last dollar I spend at this store. In addition, the paint was inferior and would not cover white over white. Purchased paint from Lowes and it did a great job.

It seems to me that I read this very same complaint about Menards.HMMmm

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Window Install

I had the Lowes person come out and price 10 out of the 15 windows in our house. We signed the contract. Then the person called back after we signed stating that 2 windows would have to be picture windows and wanted to know if that was ok, I said yes. Then when I asked about the price difference they said they would not change the price. In fact he said he under charged me so I am getting a deal anyway, That was around Jan 9, 2008. The windows were installed on March 14, 2008. I had to keep on them to order the windows and I was managing the project I paid them to do. Then there was warranty issues 4 windows had damage. The final window was repaired on Sept 29th. Now on October 17th I get a certified letter and it was the permit. They did not even pull it until October 8th, 2008. I cannot get the other windows installed until they close this one out. I have called Lowes corp office and did not even get a return phone call. I used there website and they say they will call in 2 days. Still nothing!! All this year we have bought appliances at Lowes and they have been very good about that. But the whole Window issue is driving me nuts. The people at Lowes Exterior Solutions just do not care.

Permits are always the owners responsibility

tough live with it hahahaahahh

live and learn chomphead

ahhahahahh

blah!

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry sounds like another customer that just got up and wanting to *** about something they don't understand.

Review

Lowes in Tellico Plains, Tennessee - Sold my refrigerator to another customer after my 3rd trip to pick it up

I found a refrigerator on sale at Lowes in Athens Tn. Sunday. Spoke with Mgr David to come pick it up Monday with my truck. Had 20% off coupon, which I showed to Customer Service Lady and asked if I could use it towards the purchase. She said yes, sure can! I was elated. Sent My husband Monday mng with check and coupon to pick up my refrigerator. David was out until next day. Would not let us pay for it using coupon, have to wait for David to approve. We told saleslady would be back next morning to get it when David was there.(My name was placed on refrigerator) Next morning went to pick up, I was greeted by saleslady whom I told I was there again to pick up my refrigerator. She told me another associate had removed my name and sold it to someone else. She said she told him what was going on with the refrigerator, but he removed my name and sold it to someone else. Devastated,I asked to speak with a Manager, hoping for some resolution after 3- 70 mile trips to Athens. Wouldn't you know I got "Manager" Larry. What a joke! He was very RUDE, CRUDE, and very uncaring. Did not offer any help, or consolation. I spend thousands of dollars at Lowes annually as a Contractor, But I will NEVER SPEND ANOTHER PENNY AT LOWES!! HOME DEPOT WILL GET ALL OF MY BUSINESS FROM NOW ON.

What was wrong with the coupon? Expired, Competitor's Coupon, a discount over a discount, did not meet the min sale amt?

You could have done a "Pick up later" and paid for it the first day that you where there. At my store we do not hold products for customers unless they pay for it first.

One reason is because it is unfair to the other customers in the store that might want to buy the product. Also, It takes room to hold product, and my store is one of the smaller Lowe's stores.

Bob can't spell. Is it so hard to believe that someone spends 'thousands"?

Come on 'Bob'....one fridge...a washer & dryer....a riding mower....any of these single purchases will run you over a thousand bucks. And if Kim is a contractor, it DOES happen. I spend thousands a year, too.

Oh, customer service at almost any CHAIN retailer has gone to ***.

I never ever opt for an extended warranty anymore. I will just replace it later with the latest model.

another customer that says they spen thousands!!!!!!!!!!!!1 yeah right

Loss

Lowes sucks

the lowes I am writing about is the rock hill store they are so incompetant, I refuse to back to that store, I know for a fact that they are building new lowes store, one not far from my home, and will just wait until it open, it should not be too much longer now..but will step into the lowes in rock hill, seems like the employees like passing (we the consumer ) around to everyone else, not a good way to run a business. I think this store should close down. I have seen mice running around, rats too, and possum's. who runs the store, rodents or people..this lowes is not my cup of tea...I am gone, want nothing more to do with this lowes.

They probably don't help you, because you are an *** - Just like the new store won't either.

Lowes in Rock Hill, South Carolina - Mad mad mad

I am wondering what is going on with the rock hill lowes. I went into the store the other week to make a complaint about the lumber section, wanted to speak directly to the store manager, but was blown off and talk to some flunky other manager, saying the store manager was too busy. YA RIGHT, too busy to talk to a customer with a complaint on how my lumber was suppose to be there, had asked them to hold it, and it was sold when I got back with my truck, and noone said "sorry" or anything. what is up with this. but my biggest peave is that the store manager would not take time to talk to me...Does not matter now, Home Depot is getting all my business now. Thanks a lot lowes for caring.HA. HA.

flunky?? Ha Ha?

Who cares? :p

Tell him about it @ lowesceo(dot)com

Did the manager you spoke with attempt to resolve your issue. Why does it have to be the store manager? It sounds like an MOD and even some department managers could have resolved this complaint.

:? If you a lowes employee, you get a raise no matter what.

If they don't give you a review, the system automatically gives you a raise. It doesn't matter if you are a *** employee, you still get a raise, just not as big. Also, it doesn't matter if you were hired right out of high school to be a manager, you still HAVE TO go through all the training, which also includes going to other stores.

You DO NOT get written up for complaining....if anything, it goes through one ear and out the other. The only way to get fired at any Lowes is if you absolutely do nothing!!!

I worked for Lowe's for 3 years. No raise, no promotions, only head aches.

The managers they promote are fresh out of high school with no training or work experience and it shows. They hire co-workers to fill in the slots for 5 cent more than the steak and shake up the road, again high schoolers and leave you with these people to try and run/close a department. If you complain, you get written up, then eventually, they will find something to axe you with. I have seen it to many times.

No, corperate doesn't care, they have made their money and now its gonna be just like all the other big box store back in the day, just pull in all the money they can for the next 10 years, screw the workers and then sell-out to Wal-mart. The goings on with this company today would kill the original founders 10 times over if they only new. Companies like this one are the reasons why our econonmy is so sluggish, corperate greed and pennies for the workers.

Everyone at corperate turns their head and doesn't want to admit to the stuff going on with this company, hey, why would they...I mean, who would raise a stink about something when they were making $200,000 a year answering phones? Another big box store rip off of a company.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Rock Hill, South Carolina - Ex-employee

again I don't know if my last pissed off email will get to the right people, but I am an ex-employee of the lowes in rock hill, SC. and I am so glad I do not work there anymore, it has been about an year and a half since I left there. and from what I hear from some employees that are still there the place is going to the dogs. Management puts on a good front to fool the customers, but behind the scences they really do not do anything for the employees, things never change, and it is worse now. they have like one person working two or more departments, and as long as they can get away with it, it will keep on. I don't know if this will reach the district manager, or any one hire up, but I am glad I am not working there any more. Management always say they care about their employees, but never had and never will

Lowes in Rock Hill, South Carolina - Ex-employee

I used to work at rock hill lowes about a year and a half ago, and from what I hear from employees still working there the store has gone to the dogs. I am glad I am not working there anymore. they have one person covering 2 or 3 departments, and that takes a toll on one person. I hope the district manager reads this, but I doubt it would do any good. things never change, management say they care about their employees, but they don't, they really don't. and never have. just a show for the customers to see. no wonder they have such a turnover. Just as long as management does not have to do anything.

I worked for lowes in Lufkin, tx, for 4 yrs, they treated me badly the whole time, i got run over by a forklift, then fondled by a manager, i finally quit and found a good job, lowes sucks....

these managers are a joke. they try to run this store like a military operation even though none of them have served.

lowes has the worst work schedule ever. all they do is pass the buck especially in the loss prevention area. we have a lp manager so why should i do her job.

i see people steal all the time and i dont care. i encourage all theives to visit a lowes

Well i work at lowes now and i hate it. My zone manager sleeps when he likes to as well as if he is not sleeping he is talking on the phone all the time.

I have yet to get a raise in the past 1.5 years, i bust my *** and all i get is 20 hours a week.

My zone manager lets his friends come into work and leave whenever they like. If you are looking for a job do not get one at the knoxville store.

#120363

its funny to hear that because i worked at lowes in brantford and when i left management screwed up the whole store

i work for lowes i got hurt on the job myreward for 10 years of work was to drop my pay and make me a chasier but at the same time give the suckass araise even if thesuckass also got hurt lowes knows how to take care of its workers

@op, What do you expect them to do for you? Any where you work, you should be putting in 100% of your self while you are on the clock. Of course, you can't be every where at once, as long as your management understands that you can not give more than 100% of your effort then you will be able to survive.

@sulk, They don't write people up for simply complaining, yourdoingitwrong. I am guessing you have never been in the military. In the military it is often that the wrong people are put into positions above what they can handle or should be. I'm not saying that it is a good thing that the wrong guys are in the top, but I am saying that it is a life issue rather than a Lowe's issue.

Good for you john. The McDonald's here pays min. wage starting out. My store starts out 2 dollars above that. The only way to make more at McDonald's is to work lots of overtime.

Thats Lowes for ya. I worked for them also and its like that in Florida.

You make more money working at McD's then you do Lowes and thats sad. I worked hard and never got rewarded.

So screw them, I got another job.

I worked for Lowe's for 3 years. No raise, no promotions, only head aches.

Everyone at corperate turns their head and doesn't want to admit to the stuff going on with this company, hey, why would they...I mean, who raise a stink about something they were making $200,000 a year answering phones? Another big box store rip off of a company.

View more comments (7)
Review

Lowes in Buffalo, New York - Lowe's Home Improvement, payed to install 3 doors in a month, five months later, still not done.

I ordered three interior doors to be installed in my home. I payed $1,240 up front on May 23. I now have two doors,( it's October 22 ) but they have had to send back the third door twice because it came to them damaged and twice the installers they sent damaged the door....badly. In the mean time, I have had family come to visit and had to hang a sheet in the door. Everyone apologizes, but it is the most incredibly incompetent work that I have ever seen done ( and I'm NOT the fussy sort )...Will NEVER go into a Lowe's store again.

Lowe's installers are not required to be GC's.

If you are going to Lowe's for the best deal, you are out of luck.

Stuff gets damaged in transit, so it's best to not wait until the last minute... Things are usually more complicated than they should be, so allow for that in your immediate need time frame...

certifiedinstaller

:) Correction

When the Installer is in your Home doing a Detail, please ask questions.

Don't wait until the Job is completed.

Are you a General Contractor or a Sub-Contractor.

Are you a Certified Door Installer may I see Proof ! ( Now not Later )

May I see Pictures of your Installations. ( Current 30 Day's )

What is included and what is not !

( Materials )

Will the Project begin within Two Day's. ( Depending on Delivery of

my Door ?

What is your Personal Guarantee !

( If Any ) Daa.

Only you can decide if this Person is right for the Job !

Sincerely,

Certified Installer

Brighton, Co

certifiedinstaller

:) Correction All Certified Installers with Lowe's. ( Are General Contractors )

The Home Depot has a General Contractor with a Office. They hire

( Sub Contractors )

Best regards,

Certified Installer

Brighton, Co

Ray

Sadly, there's a reson these guys have to work for Lowe's or other big box stores. If they were the "cream of the crop" they would have plenty of work without having to go to the chain stores for work.

As a Lowe's employee, I WOULD NEVER let these guys into my home for anything! But, to defend Lowe's a bit here, it's not just us, ANY of the box stores, us, Home Depot, Sears, subcontract out to third party installers.

Better to buy the doors, windows, etc. @ Lowe's, then find a good, qualified, independent installer to put them in, in some cases, it might even be cheaper than paying for the install in store, AND, it will be done right to boot!

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Orlando, Florida - Store Manager is a sweet talking thief

Our family has been shopping at Lowes for years. For years we have tried to "build something together." Once again we have had a horrible experience, this time with a store manager (female) that "honey" ed us to death. We spent over $50,000. for products to build a store, most of the time the products were wrong and the delivery wasn't done as promised. Then we foolishly decided to do some home improvements. The manager "gave us good deals?" Only to find out the price she quoted us over the phone and then after install the price jumped up over $4oo.oo, and to make matters worse she never put us on the no interest plan as promised. After spending $6ooo.oo in the store. We went in to find out why our bill was so high and why we weren't on the no interest plan. The explanation was she typed it in wrong. But they wouldn't put us on it. Not sure why "honey" suddenly didn't like us anymore? Maybe because she made so many mistakes. Amazing isn't it, the store manager screws up and we the customer gets penalized. For the record we never went in and signed for the merchandise or for the install of the carpet. She, "honey" did it all.
bmmorrison

There are two sides to every story so I want to tell my story about Lowes. I shop at the Lowes in Cypress Texas where there is a HD across the street. I do allot of price and quality comparisons.Many years ago HD was the only place that I would shop but that all changed about two years ago when Lowes opened a store near by. They're freindly,helpful, knowledgable, and act like they really want my business. HD seldom has any help to talk to and the aisles are so crowded with product you can't get your cart down. There is no doubt that the hole store needs an attitude adjustment. I wrote a letter to HD but never received a response. I never thought that I would ever say that about a company that was once a great company.

I'm sure happy to have a Lowes close by.

Merry Xmas.

Monica :) :grin

I worked for Lowe's for 3 years. No raise, no promotions, only head aches.

Well "honey" looks like you need to find another store to shop at.