store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Terrible extended warrenty experience w/Lowes

MY WHIRLPOOL DUET WASHER BROKE DOWN. I CALLED LOWES EXTENDED WARRENTY SERVICE ON FEBRUARY 11TH 2010. THEY SCHEDULE AMODERN APPLIANCE TO COME OUT AND LOOK AT IT ON SATURDAY 2/13/10. IT SNOWED THE FRIDAY BEFORE, SO THEY RESCHEDULED FOR MONDAY THE 15TH. MY WIFE HAD TO TAKE TIME OFF TO MEET WITH THE GUY. HE LOOKED AT THE WASHER AND TOLD HER SEVERAL THINGS THAT WERE BROKEN AND SAID HE WOULD GET BACK TO LOWES EW AND TELL THEM. CALLED LOWES EW ON 2/18/10. THEY HAD NOT HEARD BACK FROM AMODERN APPLIANCE. LOWES CALLED THEM. AMODERN TOLD THEM IT WAS TO COSTLY TO REPAIR. LOWES TELLS ME IT WILL NOW GO TO THEIR SOLUTION DEPT. AND I WOULD KNOW SOMETHING IN 3 TO 5 DAYS. I CALLED BACK SEVERAL DAYS LATER AND THE SOLUTION DEPT. HAD NOT RECIEVED ANY INFORMATION. A DAY OR SO LATER I CALLED BACK AND THE SOULUTION DEPT. SAID THEY DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION, BECAUSE AMODERN APPLIANCE ONLY TOLD THEM IT WAS TO COSTLY TO REPAIR AND THE PERSON FROM LOWES DID NOT ASK FOR A DESCRIPTION OF PARTS THAT NEEDED TO BE REPLACE. A DAY OR SO LATER I CALL BACK. AMODERN APPLIANCE AND THE SOLUTION DEPT ARE WORKING TOGETHER TO FIGURE OUT WHAT PARTS WOULD NEED TO BE REPLACED AND HOW EXPENSIVE IF WOULD BE TO REPAIR. A DAY LATER I CALL BACK NOW THEY ARE GOING TO REPAIR THE WASHER. THEY ARE WORKING ON FINDING ALL THE PARTS. A DAY LATER I CALL BACK. THEY CAN'T FIND ONE OF THE PARTS. I ASKED FOR THE PART NUMBER. I FOUND IT, BUT THEY CAN'T GET THE PART FROM JUST ANY DEALER. NOW I'M TOLD IT WILL BE 3 TO 5 DAYS BEFORE I KNOW ANYTHING ELSE. I TOLD THEM I WOULD CALL BACK IN 3 TO 5 DAYS TO FIND OUT WHERE THINGS ARE. THIS PROCESS STARTED ON 2/11/09, IT IS NOW 3/3/10.

I read the first sentence of your complaint and could care less. Using ALL CAPS is ignorant.

#1 This is a complaint website we know you're upset #2 It makes it harder on the eyes to read. Maybe there's a reason nobody wants to help you.

Paint colors don't match | Lowes review from Denver, Colorado

I've had 2 instances of Valspar paint not matching. In the first instance, I bought a gallon of paint at store A. After doing all the trim and 3 of the walls, I ran out of paint. Went to store B for gallon 2. Finished job but when it dried, it didn't match gallon 1. There was a significant difference in shades. Took some pictures, went back to store 2. They agreed paint did not match but suggested that I go back to store 1 since they sometimes have "tinting issues". They mixed the paint at store 1, didn't charge me. I applied gallon 3 to a small area...it matched gallon 2. Instead of fighting them, I repainted all the trim and the other 3 walls. Lots of extra work but it looks great. Instance 2. This time I bought 2 gallons to paint a room of smaller size than first room. Even though I was painting over white walls (with a light yellow paint), one coat was not enough. I only had about 1 quart left after one coat. When I ran out, I bought the 3rd gallon. Guess what??? It, too, doesn't match the first 2 gallons and this time I went to the same store (they even used the same machine). I don't know who to turn to or what to do. Any suggestions?

this is in regard to comment #1: If I wanted someone to show up half drunk and not finish the job, I would call my Uncle Ricky

Why is it that everyone thinks it is easy to paint?? I make more money fixxing other peoples mistakes than it would of cost them to have a pro do it right the first time around.So why not man up and stop blaming everyone else for your lack of knowledge??

#207827

On the other hand you may have experienced by the effect known as "picture framing". This sometimes occurs when you cut in a room then come back later to roll and the colors do not match from drying at different times. Always try to cut and roll so the paint dries evenly and you get a more uniform appearance.

#198234

Allways, Allways, Allways buy enough paint for the job, you know what buy more than your expecting mix it all togther and at the end you have at least some left over for touch up down the line

I am going to use your story to share with customers about why I ask them, when buying more than one gallon of paint, same sheen and color, to, when they are half way done with a can of paint, to go ahead and mix another half from another can in OR to out all gallons in a five gallon bucket and stir it. I always suggest this and ask clarifying questions to better understand what each situation is calling for.

I am sorry you went through that tough experience.

It wasn't Valspar's paint that had the issue; it was just not enough information given to you.By now, I am sure you have the painting technique down. :) I hope your other experiences there are much better.

Always buy enough paint to do the entire job at once. Paint tint machines are calibrated and purged daily this can cause a slight variable in color.

Also lot numbers from the factory can vary as well. So if you dont buy enough expect the possibility of doing another coat

1st, always buy enough paint to do the job. 2nd, read the directions on the can.

The directions will tell you to intermix multiple cans to assure a color match. There are a lot of reasons the colors from 2 cans don't match. There may be variations in the tint base from one lot to the next.

There can be variations in the colorants used and lastly the machine dispensing the colorants may be off a few drops of colorant. This may be an expensive lesson but go out and buy enough paint to do the job right.

View more comments (6)
Review

Lowe's port chralotte appliance manager | Lowes review from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

On friday 2/26/10 we went Lowe's appliance dept.the employee's in the area said we need to talk to the manager This man's name is Chris. He left us & another couple waiting while he talked to 2 female employee's for 35 to 40 min. at the front desk Even after being paged twice.We know own a front load washer & dryer from Brandsmart & saved 300 dollars. I wander how the other couple did. Thank for *** me off Chris. Maybe next year Lowes can give this man some time off around tax return time so the company can take advantage of the peoples returns John P Needham
Review

Lowes dont talk about jesus in ther box

was talking about Jesus in a private conversation was terminates but heard others talking about driving home drunk satin worship one guy was selling drugs right out of the store to other employees. so since they don't like Jesus in there box its company policy but all the rest is OK ill go some where else.they didnt put me into the position hired for it was supposed to be full time but turned into part time. then i ws supposed to be in gardening at a higher payscale.ended up they put me in back of truck unloading frieght.

*** satin worshippers. Cotton is the one true fabric, don't be deceived.

redhatgal
#119441

Tom, you inane comment was a personal attack and had nothing at all to do with the issue. You need to go buy some spray paint and get back to taggin alleys

#119420

FIRST OFF YOU CANT EVEN EMAIL OR TYPE LOOK @YOUR COMMENT PLAYA!!! AND YOU WANT HO TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLEY YOUR JUST AS F____D UP WITH THE REST OF THEM,LAY OFF THE SAUCE PLAYA

View more comments (2)

Discrimination | Lowes review from Portland, Maine

Hello everyone, my name is Mike Lewis and I would like you to help me with boycotting Lowe's Home Improvement centers because of the discrimination my brother went through with Lowe's that I personally witnessed at the store in Bowie Maryland, from the manager at that store. Over six months ago I received over 300 emails from friends and family from all over the country telling me not to shop at Costco over the incident of the baby black doll that had a hat on calling it the "little monkey" and since that time, I and my family have closed our accounts with Costco. In December of 2008 my brother went to use a friend's credit card at Lowe's that he had been using for years to buy items to help do handyman work and he was denied the use of the credit card but to make things worse the Manager of the Bowie Lowes store treated him in a very prejudice and discriminating way. I happen to walk in the store a few minutes after my brother was humiliated and he explained what happened. I gave my credit card to my Caucasian buddy, we will call him Mr. H, and he proceeded to buy a much pricier item with my credit card with nobody stopping HIM from making the purchase with someone else's card. I then proceeded to where the manager was and told him what happened and asked him why my brother was denied yet my friend was not. The manager was rude and disrespectful and made prejudiced references to my brother "getting caught" as if my African American brother was doing something wrong, yet my white friend was not treated the same way. I called him on what happened with my white friend, as in that nothing happened, he was not stopped and the manager just waved it away as if that was Ok. Like I told the racist Lowe's manager at the time, that it's 2008 and it's a shame we are still being treated this way and he proceeded to kick us out of the store, "his" store he said. My brother's lawyers filed a 10 million dollar law suit against Lowes over this incident in Federal court and after a long time frame a very small payment was made to him to shut him up. At the deposition for my brothers case, I was asked if I had ever been arrested or been fired from a job, but they didn't as Mr. H these questions. I received a document from Loews wanting my brother's wife and me to sign off on the suit case that my brother had against them, for us to agree that "Lowe's expressly denies that it discriminated against Lewis" yet "Lowe's acknowledges that its former store manager could have responded to the December 21, 2008 complaint made by Lewis" "more constructively", yet Mr. H. who was also there and witnessed everything was not asked/told to sign off on the law suit. I refused to sign the Lowe's document and my brother's wife also refused to sign because she wasn't there and I was also just a witness in the suit case that my brother had with Loews. Lowe's does not want anyone to spread the news that they discriminate. If Lowes did nothing wrong, it is amazing that a year later that no one involved with this discrimination case from Lowe's, works at that store in Bowie anymore, how convenient. Lowe's has a history of discrimination and if you need more proof, you can Google "Lowe's discrimination" and see the cases and issues that others have had with Lowe's. I ask you to please support local "Mom and Pop" hardware stores or go to Home Depot and NOT to shop at Lowe's because they treat minorities with bigotry and discrimination. This is the year 2010 and we should not put up with discrimination, racism and bigotry from any company, any organization or anyone. Also, please call, write or email Lowe's Corporate Headquarters Lowe's Customer Care P.O. Box 1111 North Wilkesboro, NC 28656 1-800-445-6937 customercare@lowes.com and complain about the discrimination that their company practices and tell them that you will not stand for this type of behavior and that you will NOT shop at any of their stores till Lowe's acknowledges the discrimination and bigotry issues, Lowe's employees must all take diversity training sessions on how to treat minorities and that they donate Ten Million dollars to Bowie State University to go to minority students. Thank You all for your support against bigotry, prejudice and discrimination.

The University of California system (higher education system) has the same problems with discrimination. Although the state legislature allows such discriminatory behavior, there has been no motivation to correct it.

The only time that these issues are addressed is if there is public challenge to their policies (i.e., it was no mistake that Donald Sterling's contribution to UCLA was returned after his racist rants were discovered. It was only returned due to the public scrutiny and UC's referral to policies that are not worth the paper they are written on that caused UCLA to make the decision to decline the money hoping to separate themselves from the culture of racism that they know exists.)

Parents, students and people of color should not believe that UC and specifically the Office of the President, care about people of color in their organization.

What goes around comes around. To all the blatant racists who have previously posted and the ones that will surely follow.

Karma. Hope you enjoy it.

All cashiers don't do their job right, if the customer hasn't signed his card or if the name doesn't match (Name "helen" for instance and it's a dude), they should check for ID. Doesn't matter if they're white, black, or green.

On a side note putting "check for ID" is a total waste of time, if your card gets stolen do you really think the thief will keep that on?.. All you need to erase it is basic alcohol.

I loved the "Little Monkey" doll. I've got it hanging around somewhere.

It is illegal to use someone elses credit card. And if your "white" friend got away with it but your bro got caught then it sucks to be him. Two wrongs don't make a right. On my credit card it says ask for ID, rarely does that ever happen and that is a concern.

You strike me as the type of person that if your brother got killed holding up a jewelry store, you'd sue the jeweler for discrimination as well.

Frivolis lawsuits cost customers money in the end due to the cost of lawyers etc. and the rising costs of the items we buy.

@Oh my God

People should pay for discrimination. Maybe then it would stop.

You totally miss the point. The story has nothing to do with his brother robbing anyone.

It has to do with a white man having privileges not shared by a black man. Are you for real or are you just ignorant?

:cry been a employee for there 8 years and seen all the abuse dicrimination, sets ups ect-- the place is like the game surviour :(

#198634

your brother priobably did steal the credit card no way some black person can afford to spend as much as he did without stolen money.

#198377

Couple questions: Did your white friend go through the same cashier as your brother? Because the first one actually did the right thing.

Your brother is a stranger to that person as is the person who's name is on the card and if someone came into a store with my credit card I would much appreciate if they questioned that it wasn't me. The person who let your white friend do it was actually the one in the wrong. And also....10 million? Are you kidding me?

Even if you got the court to case they wouldn't make anyone pay that much for something that can easily be drawn out as inconsistent implementation of procedure (as I have just done above).

Sad to say but nobody is going to boycott big box stores because when it comes down to the end of the day the majority of us need the cheaper products and that's who offers it. We asked for it.

Don't even consider working for any Lowes. Discrimination everywhere - they could care less about their employees.

Zone managers sleeping with anybody and everybody. Shut up

and do your job and they will still find something to "write you up" for

I worked at Lowe's in Knoxville, TN. The store manager is female, hr manager is female, most of management staff is female.

I was denied 13 times on transfers to other departments because "You don't have any experience in that dpt". I showed up for work every day, answered questions my fellow employees could not, could tell any customer where ANYTHING was, but "I didn't have any experience". I complained to corporate just to have the store manager tell me I did the wrong thing, and, if I did that again it was grounds for termination.

I stayed on for a month longer and took my happy but to a better job. Good employees are hard to find, go to Lowe's 486 and you'll see that *** is not something you just step in, it's the type of employee you'll encounter when you walk in the door.

View more comments (21)

Lowes is useless and so is there Extended Warranty

Took small Tiller and extended warranty paperwork in November 2009 to the Lowes I purchased it from in Shelby, NC. Manager told me where to go to get it repaired which was an hour from my house. I told manager Lowes must send the tiller for repair. First repair took 2 months and of course wasn't covered by the warranty and plus, the thing wasn't even fixed. Lowes sent second time for repair which took 2 more months and you guessed it, repair wasn't covered by warranty. Finally, since I haven't heard from Lowes in several weeks, I called today and they said it's ready. I will go tonight to pick it up and can't wait to see what the cost is and if it's even fixed!

Our bussiness are the way they are because ppl like you!!!

You pretended bring back something you had over 30 days or more???? Plus NO receipt :eek

Of course these people who complain that the extended warrenty doesn't work, are the same people who mis-use the product and then cry its not fixed. Read the terms and conditions people, its that simple.

You hit a rock in the yard it's not covered.

You use the item for commerical use, it's not covered. You have your handi man take it apart and try to put it back together, it's not covered.

Why would anyone want to sell products with small engines? Too many people don't understand you need to use fresh fuel and oil in the engine.

They don't follow the simple directions and then blame the retailer when the manufaturer won't pay to fix something they screwed up. You don't see lawn mowers at Target any more do you?

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Seeking employment with Lowe's | Lowes review from Winter Park, Florida

Seeking employment with Lowe's. When applying for employment, I tried to acquire a four digit number and could not acquire one. I did not fine a four digit number when my cell phone rang. What can I do about this situation? My e-mail address is phil_boone18@yahoo.com. Please reply when you have time. I would appreciate it. thanks, Phil Boone. Would like to stay with the company 10yrs or more and just make a life time career out of my position. Again thanks for your help. I have been inside lowe's and i like the enviroment and I would enjoy working with the people.

Phil, you'd be better off going to school than waisting your time looking for a job in retail. Learn to spell and they might look at your application.

Sell items they don't have | Lowes review from Los Angeles, California

The Pico Rivera (CA) store sold us 630 pieces of tile of which they only had 300. We bought about $700.00 worth of tiles and only received half of what we bought. We where assured we get the rest the next day and guess what happened the next day? We waited over an hour before we said forget it, give us the money back. The customer service was horrible, we waited long enough to read the badges of about 8 employees, 2 managers pass us by. After the hour we figured the never had the rest of the tile we bought it was all lie. Somebody just figure they make a 700.00 dollar sale before closing.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ..... Don't go back, I'd rather pay the extra tax for a good old fashion Ace store anytime.

Loss

Pictuers taken by lowes employee

i work at lowes and was under the impression when ur working ur suppose to work.also that no pictures are to be taken of the inside of lowes for security sake .well not only are pictures posted on facebook of the whole store of management,unsuspecting employees but lets just not work just walk around and take pictures he doesn't have to work in returns or on register because he doesn't like it .depending on who is head cashier .but still the time to take all of these pictures these are not the lowes store2223 mech.pa.17050 his name is james taylor thanks
Service
Lowes Cashier

Lowe's botched installed tile job | Lowes review from Albany, New York

We paid Lowe's to install a rather large tile job in our home after we expereinced a toilet back-up and flood. Neeldess to say, after 4 months the tiles began popping up as the temperature changed outside. All of the tiles on the whole job are now either loose or make a crunching egg shell sound as you walk acrossed them. Lowe's has been in to examine the job with their installer and is now refusing to repair the installation stating there is moisture in the floor and that is why the warranty is void. They popped up 2 tiles in different areas an stated they took a moisture reading of 90%. I am not sure how this is possbile? There is no water anywhere to be found. We now have our lawyer involved and are preparing for legal action.
#119340

I suggest more fiber in your diet in the future to prevent these horrible backups. By the way, if you back your car into a tree and the bumper falls off, its not the autoworkers fault ***!!!

Service