Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Lowes in Thunder Bay, Ontario - Crapy snowblower

1.6
Bought a 3xcub cadet 24 snow blower had it a month and a bit used it 4 times and shears pin keep breaking . It is not used in in ice or hard snow bacisally norm snow when calling them and saying I want to return it because I don't want to keep changing shear pin they replied it is used and can't be returned maybe you don't no how to use it .So now if stuck with a piece of junk and cub cadet won't help either.So don't buy nothing at Lowes I won't. Sarcastic Sarcastic Sarcastic Sarcastic

Unless the auger is hitting the housing of the snowblower and binding up (you'd notice scraped paint) it isn't something with the snowblower that is breaking the shear pins. Are you overloading the snowblower with snow?

Try reducing the speed that you are trying to move through the snow. If the pins are shearing you are doing something to put too much pressure on the auger.

Review
Cons
  • Poor attiude
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Full refund

Lowes - Carpet installers are a no show & customer is not happy.

Carpet installers a no show. Called company, Hunter Flooring , & was told the installer ran into a problem but would be out in about a hour or so. It has been several hours & they still are not here. Called again & was told they would be out in another 45 minutes. No carpet installed & a room full of furniture is being delivered in the morning. How do you run a business & not show up to do the job?
Problem with delivery

Lowes in Medford, Oregon - Go To Home Depot

Picked out tile and carpet at Lowes. We installed the tile ourselves but when it came time for the carpet install that's where they list me to Home Depot. Wished we gave Home Depot all our money. The installer called to schedule measurements. I let him know we don't get home until 3:30 pm but that the store assured us that would not be a problem as they do measurement until 5 pm. Brandon told me he lives in Rosevurg so he needs to leave town by 3:00 pm. I called the store tinker them know their installers quit at 3 pm and wondered if they had other installers. Christine told me no but she would call the company to see what was going on and would call me back. One week later and she never called me back. So, I called and spoke with the main manager, Scott. Scott assured me I could call and speak with Ryan and he would take care of me and that he was aware of the situation. So, I called Ryan and he knew nothing about it but when I suggested he speak with Scott and call me back he rudely informed me he was standing next to Scott when I called original. Ok great! Ryan let me known the installer was not going to answer the phone on Sunday just for me. As a consumer I already knew that :) but thanks. Ryan assured me he'd call me on Monday and make arrangements. Funny, Ryan was the end decision I went with Home Depot on Sunday and ordered carpet but good thing I did because Ryan never called me back today. Lowes, I was a solid customer and even drove across town for you when Home Depot was right in my neighborhood. Bye-bye Lowes and hello Home Depot and every other local store I can find. Customer service still matters.

RIGHT! Go to Home Depot!

No one on this site is going to fall for THAT one ! Read the Home depot complaints sometime.

@Anonymous

I know, right. On the Home Depot complaint site they are always saying “I’m going to Lowe’s”.

And what is with this site anyhow? The majority of the posters have some sort of pattern to the name they leave.

It’s always a stupid variation of an adjective, name of an animal, then a three digit number. For example: RavishingTerrier243

View more comments (1)
Poor customer service

Lowes HORRIBLE customer service

After wading through an endless stream of automated telephonic service I was caught in an endless loop unable to either access my account or talk to someone real. I just needed to speak to a real live person on the phone. Just one short call, but even when I contacted Lowes Customer Service (who accompanied me telephonically) they were unable to pierce the abject apathy that best describes Lowes Credit Card services. While this may seem trivial to some, this is just an ongoing issue with Lowes. The last problem I had was regarding a pay-off. I called, got a payoff and submitted my payoff the SAME day, only to find Lowes reported me to the credit bureau 60 days later for an overdue payment of... (drum roll please)… $0.01. Yes, that's right, ONE penny. When I called to inquire no one could provide a real answer other than some murky explanation that sounded more like that which you would receive from a mortgage company. I am a father and a veteran and a man of my word. I STRONGLY recommend utilizing ANY other credit line other than that which Lowes has to offer. Life is TOO SHORT for this. Do yourself a favor and go to the small hardware store close to you. They will help you, AND they actually know what they are talking about.

Fence installation from lowes

Do not ever ever Use Lowe’s we had our fence installed, thought they were professionals . Not a all they take your money six weeks before they show up then do shoddy work ourfence sucks wavy poles loose, poles several differences in height . They called twice then when you tell Them there’s a problem they disappear

Lowe's did not hold up to Lowe's end of the contract...we contracted with Lowe's not a third party..the fence is still not finished going on four weeks.. customer service is really poor still waiting for the rest of our fence to be delivered...

Order processing issue

Lowes in Monroeville, Pennsylvania - Closing my account

I know a lot of people agreed that lowes/synchrony did the right thing when they closed my account. but I just don't understand why they did it at the time they did it. my son got into my banking account, I don't know how, and cleaned it out !! the hardest thing I had to do, was to get things back on track.my other creditors worked with me. and when I finally got everything fixed up, and at first, my payments, sometimes a little late, were being paid. then when everything was on time, caught up, and I was feeling pretty good, because we did without a lot of things, this was hard. I was making my payments, then BAM ! I get letter in mail saying after a review, synchrony said I wasn't good enough for them.. I cried and then, I thought *** on them. I was more hurt because they waited till things started going well, and then tossed me out.

When you applied for your account there would have been a lot of fine print on the application. In the fine print it tells you that from time to time they may review your credit.

I would expect that they checked your current credit rating and found they fell below what is an acceptable credit risk for them. They aren't to blame, it is your son that got into your accounts that you should be blaming, not the credit companies, they didn't ruin your credit.

Don’t take it personally. I think we all go through tough situations like this at least once in our lifetime.

Cut up the credit card, pay off the debt and say good riddance. In six months they will be sending you offers to open up another account.

I make it ritual to burn the offers and say “Take your 29+% interest and shove it”. Now that...is a good feeling!

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Whitmore Lake, Michigan - Brand New Hot Water Tank Does Not Work

We decided to be proactive and replace our 75 Gallon gas fired water heater before it failed. We ordered a new tank at the local Lowes store. They don't normally stock them so I was told it would take about 3 weeks to get the tank. After about three weeks Lowes called and said the tank was in and the installer would call to arrange details. The installer called and said he could fit me in the next day (on a Friday, in the afternoon). The installer came and looked over the job and informed me that the total install cost would be double what was originally quoted due to plumbing differences. The removal and installation took a little over three hours. When the plumbers left they told me it would take a while to get hot water. We waited over two hours when one of the kids wanted to take a shower and was surprised to find really cold water at the tap. We have tried to call the installer several times and not got through to them. We called Lowes several times and they just keep calling the installer, also to no avail. It is now well into the weekend and we still have no hot water and no prospects to get it repaired. So much for being proactive so we would not be without hot water. For the first time I am sorry I went to Lowes to make a major purchase.

Granted it should have been working when the plumber left but you don't say anything about trying to get it re-lit. If they can't get their installer there right away pull out the instruction book and try getting it lit and heating water. It isn't a difficult thing to do and I think your family would appreciate having hot water now rather than waiting for someone to come back to your home to light it for you.

Poor customer service
$2000

Lowes - Door and installation rebate denied

2.0

Update by user Feb 23

The door I ordered was a secunity screen door in July 2018. Lowe’s and their installers screwed up my order several times and each error caused the installation to be delayed weeks!

By the time the door was installed it was October. I’ve been waiting for the $30 rebate gift card since then - it’s now late February. Their rebate status said Processing. When I spoke to them they said they could not compensate me or send a gift card because the offer expired in October.

I explained that the delays in the door installation were their fault not mine. They should honor the agreement.

I submitted all the proper paperwork on time. The longest delays were the 3 times my door was ordered it was not in stock so it’d take weeks to arrive then Lowe’s had to coordinate times with the installer.

Original review posted by user Feb 23

I bought a door and installation through Lowe’s in West Sacramento which offered a $30 gift card rebate. I submitted the rebate after purchase but there were delays with the installation. First the company hired to measure the door measured the wrong door! I missed work that day. They came back out another day and measured the right door (I missed a 2nd day of work) but after the door came in and the installer delivered it, the measurers got the measurement wrong and the door was the wrong size! (I missed a 3rd day of work!) The door was reordered and after weeks of waiting the next door arrived to Lowe’s damaged with a bad dent. I refused that door. (I missed a 4th day of work) Lowe’s reordered the door again and finally it got installed. By that time it was 3 months after I bought it, and due to all the appointments for measurements and installation appointments I missed 5 days of work! The rebate status said it was processing on their web site. I called them today and they said since the rebate offer expired in October they couldn’t approve the rebate. I told them it was Lowe’s fault and the installers fault the door took so long to be installed! It’s not the customers fault. The door cost $500 and I missed 5 days of work. They should have approved their rebate gift card as agreed upon.
NullCommonBuzzard285

Does anyone know who else I can ask at Lowe’s to request they honor their rebate? The rebate office said no - because the rebate is no longer active. Our submission was sent in when it was active.

NullCommonBuzzard285

We paid in full for the door and installation on July 3, when the rebate was active. We submitted all the paperwork then but they wouldn’t process it until the door installation was complete.

The delays in the installation were not our fault. The door was finally installed in October and the rebate ended in October.

I don’t know the exact dates of the installation or the rebate end. It shouldn’t matter because the installation schedule and mistakes were their fault.

@NullCommonBuzzard285

rebates do not cover install

When did you pay for the door? The rebate would be based on the date of purchase, not the date of the installation.

I went in to purchase carpet for my whole house from them during a rebate period. They came out and measured and gave me quote. Their quote was wrong as I wanted 2 colors of carpet and they only quoted one. They said they would have to redo the quote and that wasn't finished till after the rebate had ended.

I told them I would just wait for the next rebate.

To make the sale, they just took the rebate amount off the purchase price. In the future make sure your purchases are during the rebate period or have them adjust the price up front if the delay was their fault.

@Anonymous

Yes, the rebate is based on the purchase date. But they don’t grant the rebate on special orders and installs until the job is complete and product is delivered.

It is set up that way so people don’t order the product, get the rebate, then cancel the order for a refund.

As long as you submit the rebate before the deadline, you are still due the rebate. They just won’t finish processing it until, in this case, the product is delivered and accepted.

@Anon

You’re correct but they’re saying no, there’s nothing they can do now. I spoke to someone in their rebate office and also a supervisor there.

@Anonymous

Sorry I replied above your post....

@NullCommonBuzzard285

Instead of calling the rebate center, have you called and spoke to an associate at Lowe’s? Start with the Millwork department and if you don’t get your settlement, escalate to the specialty ASM.

TalentedCarp
@NullCommonBuzzard285

try customer care, ask to speak to a supervisor. they can submit something to rebate managers

View more comments (8)
Review
Pros
  • Selection of security doors
Rebate not honored
Preferred solution
Send a $30 rebate gift card a ps promised
Tags
  • Rebate Denied

Lowes - Terrible customer service

After paying Lowe’s for carpet and installation waited approximately two weeks was told install would be Tues morning which was fine took day off to be home was told a couple days in advance install would be in the afternoon. After waiting all day called around 4:30 to see what was going on. I was told the installers were about 30-40 minutes out to which I told the company that would not work as I have to get up early to go to work. After going to Lowe’s in person to talk to manager he said he would contact the company that does the install to see what he could do. The man he spoke to said the installers were on their way and I told him don’t bother they will have to come back on Saturday to which he refused. I will never do business with Lowe’s again Larry Hadley Marion NC

It's an unfortunate fact of life that things can throw delivery or installation schedules off. Your best bet would have been to let them install the carpet Tuesday even if it meant you would get a short night of sleep.

Expecting them to bump another installation on Saturday would have just created another problem. Had you asked to have the installation scheduled on the next open Saturday they probably would have done that.

Lowes in Auburn, Alabama - Lowered my credit limit

1.2
I received a letter stating that Lowe's had lowered my credit limit to basically my balance. The letter stated that I owed them too much LMAO. I have NEVER missed a payment or paid late. I have rental property and have to rely on my Lowe's card at certain times. I asked for my credit limit to be restored to the original limit and they refuse. I will pay off this card and cut it up. I wonder if Home Depot would appreciate my business?? Bye bye Lowe's

There are many factors the the banks look at to determine credit worthiness(see post below). Check your credit report and see what has changed.

The banks are in the business of, and want to lend you money. They wouldn’t lower your credit limit unless there was something that popped up on your credit report that showed you were a higher risk.

This is true even if you had always paid that credit card on time. Chances are, The Home Depot card would give you the same, if not a lower, credit limit.

How could Lowes lower your credit limit when you don't have an account with them? Your account is with an independent credit company that issues a card to be used at Lowes.

The same will be true of Home Depot so don't pull the I'm running to Home Depot BS. There has obviously been a change in your credit rating if they lowered your limit.

AncientEmu452
@Anonymous

Wow!! I understand that the card is issued by an independent bank but the card and the bill both say LOWE'S.

The store where I used the card is called LOWE'S. As for the "pulling the run to Home Depot BS" I'll spend my money any damn where I choose.

How could there be a change in my credit rating with LOWE'S when I have never missed a payment or had a late payment?!?! I guess you didn't bother to read THAT part of my comment though, did you??

@AncientEmu452

Your credit rating can change for a number of reasons. Have you opened other credit accounts?

Has the total amount you owe on credit cards or other loans increased since you opened your account? Has your income changed? All of these things have a bearing on your credit rating and when you opened your account you would have seen a lot of fine print on the application which included the fact that they may from time to time check your credit and adjust your limits accordingly. Check your FICO score with the different credit rating companies and look at your credit report.

Has it gone up or down? If there is an error work with the credit reporting companies to correct it. Of course you have the right to spend your money any where you want. Just be aware that when you open a credit card at Home Depot the account will be with an independent credit company that issues a card with Home Depot on it that can only be used at Home Depot.

Home Depot will have nothing to do with your credit limits. Your real complaint (valid or not) is with the credit company and not the store where their card is used.

@AncientEmu452

your card says lowes but its rules and standard policy is with syncrany bank

View more comments (4)