Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Olive Branch, Mississippi - Lied to me

my wife and I purchased a house and needed new appliances. We had gone to Lowes and picked out a fridge, microwave, and stove- all matching in stainless steel on the Monday before the house closing, that was on Friday. I asked the salesman if I could pay for the items and leave them there for pickup on Friday, after closing. I was told that I would have to take them with if I paid for them, but he promised me that when I came back on Friday, I could buy them then, and he would have all three waiting for me. I told him that the house I was buying didn't have any appliances, and, with my luck, they would be sold out when I returned to pick them up. He stated " we have a surplus of all three in stock, I assure you they will be here". Friday after the closing, I went back to Lowes and found they had the microwave and stove, but were sold out of the matching fridge.I gave the salesman working then, the card of the other salesman who made me the promise, and asked him to check in back. He returned and told me that they were out, but would call the store manager and asked of they would give me a discount on the damaged floor model fridge. I then stood by the counter as he called the manager and asked about the discount. I could hear the manager tell him to give a $100 discount on the $1200 fridge. The salesman hung up and advised the manager approved a $25 discount. As pissed as I was, I needed the fridge. They then loaded the fridge onto a service cart and scratched the stainess steel front, telling me to buy polish, and buff it out. I ended up going off, yelling, in front of the store. I'm sure my brother-in-law, who was there to help pick up the items, was probably counting his money to see if he had enough to post my bond. The manager then came to the front of the store and asked me what the problem was. When I told him the whole story, he did give me a more expensive fridge at the same price as the one I had picked out- it didn't match the microwave and stove exactly, but was close, and I was thankful. 1 year later, I needed to replace my dryer and wash machine. After checking with the Sears and Menards in my town, and being unable to find a electric dryer on sale, I went back to Lowes after being talked into it by my father. I picked out a washer and dryer and took them home. After bring them into the basement, I found the dryer was not working and returned it. I had picked out a different brand that was about $30 more, and was told to go to the service desk for a refund on my debit card for the first dryer and then pay for the second one. I did, and then loaded the new dryer into my dad's pickup and started to pull out of the parking space when I saw two Lowes employee's running after me. Thinking I forgot something I stopped and got out of the truck. They then told me that they called the police, and that I hadn't paid for the dryer. I then showed them my refunded receipt along with the new receipt. I said they were sorry and would call the police back. Based on my experience with Lowes, I stopped at the DeKalb Police station on my way home and made sure. I would like to thing of my Lowe's experience as bad luck, but I refuse to buy anything there ever again.

i am so very sorry that we did this to you. It never should have happened.

Please do not blame the whole store for what one of the employees did. Please always inform the store manager. this way he can take care of your needs and keep you a happy customer. Also retrain the misinformed employee.

Customers can purchase items for pick up later. If you are told otherwise, please ask for a manager. As far as the police go. I would still contact the store manager so that he may take care of this so that it does not happen to you or anyone else again.

Again I am very sorry.

Kim

The salesman can make money off a damaged or floor model item. As long as the price is 10% off the original price or 10% off of what the computer has it listed for.

Lowes is a very shady place to work. They treat thier employees like ***.Talk down to you and make you feel like your always walking on pins and needles. I put up with it for 3 years because of the money and spiffs off the appliances. I will never work there again and alway's tell others not to shop at Lowes.

Mr Niblock CEO when a employee sends you a email to your personal account at least you can do is resond to them!! You and Lowe's make me sick!!!!!!!!!!

They should have allowed you to purchase your original appliances the first time and set it as a "Pick Up Later, or P/L"..which ensures X number or whatever you bought stays there. I dont know why the salesman would lie, since they dont make commision off of the damaged floor models.

Lowes in Stone Mountain, Georgia - Lowe's Kitchen Cabinets

In November I took in two sets of Cad originated drawings for kitchen cabinets to acquire an estimate. The 'design specialists' showed us the door design and colors available. The design 'specialist' stated a specific manufacturer would be the cabinet supplier We then finalized the selections and and asked them to come to our home and measure the installation so as there would be no error. The design 'specialist'and install manager came out and measured. The installation was to be finalized prior to 12/31/2008. As of this writing 2/5/2009 the installation is not complete. The design 'specialist' and measuring totally "screwed up" and this has required our total costs to increase. NEVER AGAIN!

Hmmm....do any other Lowe's Specialists smell something funny here? Sounds like we are dealing with a "Complaint Specialist" who has been caught in his own story, as we Lowe's associates know that it is the INSTALLER who goes out for the site check and measure, NOT the Specialist! Me thinks there's a lot more to this story that the "Complaint Specialist" is leaving out!

had installer come for a measurment to install vinyl flooring. 24x9!

Installer wants 897.00 total for labor.

521.00 for underlayment/ 324.00 to spread the glue even though it is no glue vinyl! 67.00 to restretch carpet and wow im geting f__ked

I agree, this story sounds a little odd. I am currently an Install Sales Manager for lowes and my specialist nore I NEVER go out to do a measurement. SOS cabinets take 4-6 weeks to arrive so there is no way possible it would have been installed that quickly.

Your Story sounds a little inconsistent , you said you provided the drawings? So it was based on your own measurements? did you pay for a measure.?

Why would the Specialist and Install Manager measure. If the Installer is the one that measures before your purchase? By the way special Order Cabinets do take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.or Did you buy stock cabinets?

If you did then you where responsible for your own measurements,Lowe's does not Install stock cabinets. Home Depot is the only Company that sends the Designer for the first measure to the Home For a refundable fee Lowe's sends an Installer.

I have worked at both Companies andAll designs are checked before the sale is finalized.

View more comments (3)
Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Marrero, Louisiana - Heading of this category is offensive to me

could the company not find another word or words for customer compliants. Vocabulary should not be so limited and to have to resort to using the slang that i would not use nor allow my childrent ouse. I am dissapointed in Lowe's. I was not aware this slang was used until I happened on the sight. I was etremly surprised and disappointed with Lowe's and I will have to think about my continuing shopping at Low's. this l00 word stuff is also insane as a person need not use many words to make a point. You ever came up the the slang word as well as the l00 word limit should rethink both.

HAHAHAHA are you freakin serious, i think this *** hole rode the short bus to school.

Sounds like the wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead.

heres a catagory heading, Dumba55es .com you could head up the DUH DUHpartment

hey ***, this isn't a site sponsored or created by Lowe's!!! "Pissed" may not be in your vocabulary because you were raised with manners and intend on raising your children that way, also, but it is in the vocabulary of the English language and frequently used. (btw, your typing and sentence structure need work if you're going to talk) Don't try and pin someone else's casual word usage against a national company that isn't even familiar with this site.

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowes Customer Service Stinks...

We bought a tool box from Lowes 3 wks prior 2 xmas & was told by a lowe's associate that if in the next couple of wks the price went down, we could come back and recieve the discount in the form of a refund. It went on sale, I went back for the refund, the returns clerk refunded the entire amount back to my card and then tried to make me pay for the tool box again at the so called disc. price which was actually higher than what we orginally bought it for. Well the refunded transaction didnt take place immediately as this was a Sunday and of course my card was declining as it was close to xmas and I just didnt have a spare 600 floating in my acct. They told me I had to bring the tool box back or pay for it somehow. We already had the box 3 wks! I just wanted the 10% discount refunded to me. It was awful, we ended up writing a check that bounced because Lowes put it thru before the refund transaction posted.

i am currently an customer service manger at lowes. this was somewhat the associates fault.they should always check the price too make sure it is actually reduced to the cheaper price and than do the REBILL-REFUND than again you went back two weeks later when our price adjustment is 7 days from original purchase..and for the refund it takes 72 hours to post back to your account at any store not just lowes as well as if it were a purchase.next time check your price and make sure you have enough credit line

@***ociate

Your grammar is terrible, and is a direct reflection on the level of *** customer service I have received at Lowe's in the past.

@***ociate

"Hello" is correct. Your grammar is horrendous.

(Capitalization, apostrophes, then vs.

than, too vs. to, etc.) I'm an associate at Lowes, and I'd like to hope that my managers represent Lowes better than you do.

Customer service did the right thing :p

Prices don't change on the weekends at Lowe's. The pricing coordinator works monday-friday. The ads usually drop on Tuesday/Wednesday. The associate had no way of knowing when the toolbox was going to be marked down. ***, the pricing people don't even know when and what prices are going to change.

It's a day-by-day thing. Corporate makes all of these decisions.

In any case, I would have checked current price of the toolbox before I got my refund.

Lowe's does what they call a refund-rebill. They give you a efund and then rebill the item (hopefully at a lower cost) to you.

However, I usually do a REBILL-REFUND. Refunds take awhile to post, so if you are using a debit card/check, the amount may not be posted to your account right away (expecially with checks-- they can take up to 15 days to post)

If the associate would have done a rebill-refund, you probably could have seen that the price was higher than what you originally payed for it.

You never would have payed for it if you would have seen that the price was higher.

Be a smart consumer and be smart. It's YOUR money, so make sure that you check your items before you buy them.

Retail associates aren't the brightest bulbs in the pack, let me tell you..

Good luck in the future!

When we bought the toolbox, it was so close to christmas that we didnt want to see that it went on sale right after buying it full price. When we express our concern about that to the sales associate, she said that if we buy it now, and if in a few weeks the item goes on sale, then to come back and they would refund us the difference of what we paid and the sale price.

So low and behold the very next week, a flyer came out stating that the very same tool box was discounted 10%. Well 10% off of 650 dollars is a lot of money, so when we went back to Lowes to get the difference, that is when we found out that the price had actually gone up on the toolbox,,THEN they discounted it 10%. So, the cashier, whom really didnt know what he was doing,,, neglected to tell me that in order to receive the discounted price, he was going to have to refund the ENTIRE amount back to our card and recharge us at the discounted price, which at that time was acutally higher than the original price we paid... The actual problem here is not the price, but the fact that they refunded the entire amount back to our card, and when they tried to rerun the card for the new price,, of course there wasnt enough on the card to cover the cost.

.. it was an unneccassary mess..

r00m23

If the price was lower the first time, why did you even go back? I might be confused on what you are saying though.

It sounds like you said something like: the price was 5. After we bought it the price went up to 10. I came back and did a return and they charged me 8 on the resale.

Also, consider that the prices of bread and milk and gas and the stock market all very from day to day and can even very from hour to hour. It is great that this market is able to give you the best deal though time.

The discounted price WAS higher than what we originally purchased the item for because they jacked the price of the tool box after we bought it then put it on sale. This all took place right before christmas. I even confronted the manager about that and he said he didnt have any control over the pricing of the items....

"the so called disc. price which was actually higher than what we orginally bought it for. "

I thought you said it went on sale. How was it higher than what you originally bought it for?

I agree the software is broken on the return to Bank Cards. Id like to get in on the IT staff at Lowe's there are a few changes Id make to how the computer system works.

Ther are about 300 employees at my Lowes. and only 3 working. This store is in Harrisonburg, Va

my complaint is so extensive..so persistant is lowe's "quality' CUSTOMER SERVICE , that they've exhausted my tolerance...the story begins with the purchase of a refridgerator..which i'd purchased a 5yr warranty...they've sent repairmen...from their "contracted service"departments..3 times...and the fridge had destroyed the foods...much food....and now i called them again...and more time passes..and i again wait for them to show up..they'd told me that if the repairmen come 3 times they would replace the thing...well...untrue...because they told me ...according to their records..the repairmen only came once..i have a suggestion for someone considering lowe's as a source of purchasing a major appliance...be prepared to document...tape record..photograph..and take the dates down when they come...the repairmans name the copy of their work receipt..and just maybe......maybe you might be able to get something done...in the meantime...to: lowe's....the customer you deliberatly lose today will affect your shareholders just as badly as bernie madhauf did to the market..and the reverse effect of advertising will be your own shortcomings your own predestined performance of customer dissatisfaction.and lackluster behavior..

did you get anything in writing?

Man some people are not the brightest are they?

View more comments (11)
Loss

Lowes in Woodbridge, Connecticut - Discounts

Hello everyone. Basically any customer can return anything at will. The Lowe's Computers at the Lowe's stores flash on their screens NO HASTLE RETURNS. If the manager refuses to take back the return then ask for the corp number and call and state You have personally seen the no hustle return policy flash on the Lowe's computers. Remember the Wallingford Lowe's is called the return store for a reason. They take everything back and ask to speak to Jim previs if they will not take back your return. This store takes back all special orders even months later or will do disconts weeks and months later if you are not satisfied with you product, just keep comming back with a new complaint and they will continue to give more disocunts.

I love Lowe's! It's a great store, and I get great help all the time.

Can't get enough, you're totally right by the way, they do take back a lot of stuff.

But in the end it keeps the customers happy and loyal. :grin

Regardless of this persons spelling the message is clear what he intends to relay. Which in some locations the store ends up looking like a yard sale instead of a corporate leader.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with returning almost every thing. It keeps Lowe's customers from needing to come to sites like these. People that get mad over the return policy are not likely to be repeat customers.

I think OP is an employee or ex-employee.

Guys, I can't spell either. But this is teh interwebs.

Can someone please tell me what a "disconts" is? I think the "over excited" consumer meant "discounts".

Can someone please figure out a way to make a spell check program so people like the person above stop looking like illiterate idiots? The same person that returns everything is the same person that never made it through grade school. Stop trying to take advantage of the system.

God Bless America! :cry

Can you do me a favor and learn how to spell before you post something online? It really shows what type of person you are when you return everything and you can't even spell.

Can you READ??? :x

View more comments (4)

Lowes Cancels my credit card

You know after a number of years of buying at Lowes that ended over Christmas when they cut my card. They said for two late summer payments, I say it is because I continually paid my card and only a 48 dollar balance. I have always paid my card and never missed a payment, late yes, twice. After Thousands they cut my credit, despite a 100% credit rating from the credit service they say did me in. They have lost my business and everyone I can tell. Home Depot here I come, and nevr again to lowes for anything. This is not way to treat customers, especially good ones. Then they have the gall to say, We appreciate your businees. How patronizing can they be. What a Joke.

I also got a cancel account letter from Lowes. Before you start "***" on the original complaint in this string, Lowes is pulling some "shady" deals as well.

When Lowes or GE Finance or whoever runs their credit scam changes the way they send statements and doesn't inform customers so a $35 charge ends up as a canceled account this is bad business.

This canceled account then shows up in a credit report which affects future financial actions. Home Depot here I come.

Guess what Sharon not all of us have CASH flying out of our *** like you so most of us can't PAY CASH you freakin *** clown!!!!!

I actually work for lowes and its not us that cut cars, its GE money bank that goes through all the credit things. They sent us emails a couple months ago explaining because of the economy they were cutting back customers credit limits and cutting their cards, they gave no further explanation.

if we all paid in cash, this economy would crash and burn. most of our americans dont have the money to pay in cash thats why we have credit, to buy the wants and needs.

if all americans had the cash this country would have no debt, be more organized and learn how to speak to one another with respect. besides the only reason why you pay in cash, is the fact you cant get any credit

Wait this may be a shock to you and everyone else who has recently sunk our country into a debt filled recession..... when you don't pay your bills on time, like you signed up for when you filled out your application, you aren't holding up your end of the contract.

Why should they hold up their end and let you use their money to buy your stuff?

Pay your bills on time, quit being a whiner and do what those of us smart people do... PAY CASH ***!

View more comments (4)
Product
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes in Poway, California - Lowe's Refuses to Honor Extended Warranty!

Another "Do Not Use Lowe's Extended Warranty Plan" complaint because Lowe' refuses to honor it. I have been trying to have my Samsung front load washer repaired since last JULY. La Mesa, CA Appliance has been to my house numerous times and cannot repair it. La Mesa Appliance told me more than once to "bolt the washer to the floor", which voids the warranty. I am still in the process of getting this resolved. Lowe's must not pay fair market appliance repair because their vendors (La Mesa Appliance) treat the customers/consumers horribly. I am just beginning my process of the paper trail. I will be contacting the BBB, Lowe's Corp. Office, etc.

I am having the same problem only they are telling me they are not going to honor the contract due to where they conveniently put the serial number sticker. They put it on the inside of the door where it was wet and rubbed by the door.

The only sticker out of several that has any wear at all! I refuse to buy from Lowes again.

I have to agree. Still trying to get a replacement burner for a Fridgaire stove since Nov 2009.

First company said "stove was grease issue and will not resolve". Hah, stove was clean. Grease was on serial tag down below. Second Jan 2010 company say ordering part.

Nothing yet and Lowe's EWP has been less than helpful. :(

I would call the number on the bottom of your receipt. Its a complaint/compliment hotline for lowes that sends you to corporate office. The complaint is taking then sent back to the Lowes store that sold you the appliance, they have a timeline to resolve your issue and send it back to corporate.

Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes in Findlay, Ohio - Service at the checkout

I read the letter from the fella in Colorado concerning the "long lines" at the checkout. Is this the only place he shops? ( Considering the times we're in) help is shorthanded everywhere. there is always one person who isn't happy about the way things are run. i work at one of these store in another state.. our policy is to get people checked out as quick as we can. there are employees who b/c of policy cannot run the register. don't know the story concerning this particular store but don't judge all stores by yours...
Review

Want credit card from lowes in florida.i;m canadian

I applied for a credit card at Lowes in MELLBOURNE florida AT THERE STORE ON 192,,on jan 6 -2009,but was refuse because of my canadian social insurance number,they said they couldnt get it in the computor . I dont understand since I had no problem getting one from Home Depot ,6 months ago here in melbourne florida .what is the problem with there COMPUTOR SYSTOM ,that they cant process my application.they are loosing a good customer ?????????????? Hope you can find the answer for me .THANK YOU, HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THIS. Sincerely , FROM FLORIDA Anna Lee
okyeah14

I work at Customer service in Lowes. We have canadians that want to apply all the time.

Home depot and Lowes DO NOT use the same "bank" for money lending. Each company has their own way of doing things. Canadians want US credit cards so they can avoid the higher taxes back home. Nice try though.

When you go back home, they add it back into your statement. You cant have it all.

how are you

I'm not sure if they want my business. I applied for a Lowes credit card and was denied because they "couldn't verify my identify".

Upon further investigation, I was told it was due to my "phone number". I have an excellent credit score, 740.

Who would have thought that my shopping at Lowe's was contigent upon my phone number? I went to Home Depot.

Review

Lowes in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Continually wait far too long at checkout!!

I shop at the Lowe's store on Powers Blvd. in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Almost every time I shop I have to wait far too long at the checkout. At times there are employees huddled in small groups laughing and goofing off while the customers stand and wait. I know there are "self check out lanes", which I choose not to use. I'm at the point of finding somewhere else to shop if I have to put up with this much longer. I would think that your managers could see this and correct it. Thanks - John Kimmel 3850 Happy Jack Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80922

Here's an idea - don't shop there anymore (although I suspect no one is capable of meeting your expectations).

shop there all teh time, maintain home plus 7 properties

always quick, always great

GAL (get a Life)

Ever been to Wal-Mart? How about a third world country? You have it made either way.

Why don't you use the Self Check out? They invested money in the machines to help with this very issue. If you don't use them because you say it takes someones job, think again. There is a lot of man hours that goes into the software and maintenance of the machines.

As for your complaint, It is Lowe's Policy to have no more than 3 customers in a line. If this does happen(holidays and some weekends for larger stores) then they have a program called line busting that checks you out before you get to the register.

It may be that your store is lacking employees. My store does not have enough people to meet the current demand. It is hard to find people that are willing to work in this community, but that is not Lowe's fault.

Marjorie

o sorry thought you were talking about wal-mart.

Good idea,go somewhere else to shop ***! :cry