Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes will not repair/reimburse repair costs for delivery damage

This involves the Reno, NV Lowes. We recently moved to Reno last year, and the house we rented needed a fridge. So we purchased a 21 CF Fridge from Lowes on 7/1/07 to be delivered the following week. The delivery crew as nice enough, but when they brought it in the misjudged the turn to the Kitchen and the guy put his hand through the corner of the wall. He was ok (scraped up), and told me to contact Lowes that they would pay for repair. The damage left *** in the drywall, warped metal on the rounded corner so it bulged out at the site of impact and of course the paint & texture was wrecked. I contacted Lowes the same day was given to a "manager" named Jodi. She was out the day of the accident but called me the next day, and arranged to come out the morning after that (2 days after the incident) to verify the damage and took pictures with her camera phone. She saw the damage and told me that I would need to get it fixed and Lowes would reimburse me. I asked for a recommendation, but this lady told me she could not give me one but to use one of the laborers working on the new home developments and just bring the receipt in to the store. After not being able to find a licensed individual to fix the wall and no further assistance from Lowes for 3 months even though we inquired about any paperwork, etc that might need to be filled out and being told there was none. We also own parrots, and have to be mindful of fumes from the paint, etc (at the time of the accident the birds were not yet with us so if it could have been repaired then it would have been better if Lowes had been cooperative). Fast forward to earlier this month, we are moving and gave notice to the landlord, which means that we had to get the wall fixed. Saw an ad on tv for a licensed handyman - he came out last week saw the damage and fixed it the next day for a total cost $250 for materials and labor. I contacted Lowes and brought the receipt in to the store that afternoon. They took a copy of the receipt, my phone number, and said the "manager" would contact me when they came in the next day. Next day came without contact - so I stopped at the store. I had to ask the customer service area to find someone, and they found me Carol, who claimed to be the only female manager at the store for the past several years and that Jodi was in installation but not a manager. She had gotten the receipt and claimed to have tried to call me but no one answered (I checked my messages later and Caller ID but there was no call ever made). She didn't seem to believe my story and was very condescending (called me sweetheart and honey several times) saying that I needed to find my paperwork, etc because she would have to try to find it and that would take a few days if she did it. Just as she was blowing me off, Jodi happened to walk by and acknowledged that she remembered me and even described the home to Carol. Carol then told me that I still needed to get her my receipt so she could prove I was a customer and they could find my claim, even though Jodi told her no claim was ever opened. After the holiday last week, I went through my files and found the receipt. I called Carol this morning, and gave her the invoice number, which she claimed did not come up in the system. So I had to drive to the store to give her the receipt so she could make a copy. She started giving me the runaround that the cost of the fix was higher than Lowes would pay and that I would need to give them the amount I would be willing to take upfront to expedite my claim. Then she asked me for the receipt for the repair, which I didn't have on me at the time (it's in my husband's car which is in the shop). I told her she had a copy already, and then she told me that they had sent it on to the claim section to see if I had a claim open and that it was gone. She told me to go home and get my receipt for the repair after filling out the claim paperwork and said she would not send it in. She also tried to say at the claim was just for damage to the drywall, which was not the case and I had to correct her. Getting fed up with the runaround from Carol, I called Lowes Customer Care number, and they informed me that she is just an administrator not a manager. The manager is Mike, who has never spoken with me. They also told me that I don't have to give a lower number that I'm willing to take to expedite my claim and that the investigation would have to run its course before they contact me about money. Essentially, after over a year of this, the Reno Lowes has behaved in bad faith by misleading me, lying to me several times, and refusing to do any work to set things right all to get out of filing a claim and having it on their record. They're employees are liars and will not allow you to speak to management at all and pretend to be management rather than have you speak to one. Beware of this store and its employees.

get over it and go complain to your birds K

There is such a thing as a licensed "handyman".He has limited jobs and has to have Ins.

I used to work at Lowes. Per Lowes own procedures, the management is supposed to open a claim after any damage and have their investigators contact you before anything is repaired.

So their failure to file definitely delayed, and because you got it repaired before they investigated, expect them to refuse to pay.

At least you were able to get it repaired even it does cost you at least you know. Also, to karin - I think they are referring to a licensed contractor rather than an actual "handyman" - it sounds like this person doesn't know much about home repair or terminology.

There is really no excuse for waiting so long to get your wall fixed. There is no such thing as a licensed "handyman" anyway.

You should have had it fixed immediately and not waited so long. You are lucky the same people even still work there

View more comments (3)
Loss

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Christian Employee Fired for Wearing Religious Pin

I shop at Lowes on a regular basis, but Home Depot is directly across the street. I am out raged that the Lowe's location in Tennessee, fired its employee for wearing a religious pin, which I saw on the news tonight. She has the right to wear the pin and show her love for Christ, just as the customer who complained has the right to feel the way she/he does. I will take my business to another store and hope that others will as well. I will tell everyone I know what happened to this woman. Pissed in Prattville, AL.

And you would complain if they allowed people to wear pins promoting non Christian religions. To be fair they don't allow any pins.

If she didn't like the rules she shouldn't have taken the job.

It's too bad you are one of those intolerant it's my way or the highway type of people. People like you is why there are so many problems in the world today.

This is idiotic. If your assertion is that Lowe's is unchristian, I'll remind you that they are closed only two days of the year, and one of them is Christmas.

If your point is that you, as a Christian, have an obligation to punish Lowe's for behavior you disagree with, I'll wait for you to provide me with examples of Christ as avenger. It seems to me the only time he attacked anyone, it was moneychangers IN THE TEMPLE.

Finally, the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself has to reside somewhere in your head. Which aspect of love are you demonstrating here? Feel free to look up 1 Corinthians 13:4, which gives you a specific list of the aspects of love.

Now, stop being idiots. Go and sin no more.

Ladies and Gentlemen, first of all I'd like to say that I am a christian and also an employee of Lowe's. Before anyone starts saying I'll cut up my card and I'll never shop Lowe's again.

Think about the Christians that do still work there for the simple fact that there is no where else to work. You're taking food off of their tables. Wives, husbands and children going hungry because you decided you were going to stop shopping at their parents store because of the ignorance of one store manager. If you do that then you're no better than that manager.

Now second of all the lady wasn't fired. She was simply asked to remove the pin and refused to do so, so she quit and then said she was fired. Anyway, I hope that you will all think of the people who do work there that still go to church and praise and worship the lord. Continue to help us serve you and make our living.

Just do as I do, pray for the bad apples, but never judge the whole book by it's cover.

If any of you come through my line you will hear me say god bless as you walk out the door. And I say now, God bless you all.

I would'nt worry about that - they fired me for worshipping Satan.....

If you people get this worked up about a religious pin, then your life is pretty pathetic. "I'm not going to shop at Lowe's because they made him or her *** the pin" give me a *** break. Stop buying into religious propaganda!

I work at lowes she should not have been wearing the pin in the first place it is against the rules. You are not suppose to wear anything that could offend another person.

@H Ormand

What if wearing clothes offends people? Will they make them take them off to?

I will never shop at Lowe's again either. I cut my card in half and sent it back taped to a note (in red) that said "it's called Christmas for Christ's sake. Keep your card!"

@D Williams

And they will return your card, postage-due, with another note that says "we aren't open on christmas you bible thumper".

The lady actually quit and fabricated the story. Second, its lowes written policy that you can only have lowes affiliated pins on your vest.

Don't be so quick to say "I'll start going to Home Depot". I recently e-mailed them about the fact that "Happy Holidays" is supposed to cover all the winter holidays.

Yet once Christmas is over they say "Happy New Year". Their response was that they didn't want to offewnd non Christians and non-believers.

Yet they will make big bucks off Christians and those who do believe. Apparently they are not worried about offending us.

Was going to build new garage this spring, used Lowe's when setting my new modular home 3 years ago. Will NEVER shop Lowe's again.

There seems to be a lot of Christian people working there, VERY nice and helpful but I'm sorry for them.

Just like someone said, they sell alot of, Christ based, "CHRISTMAS" items and don't mind taking money for them. Well, won't be getting anymore money from me.

THE LORD HAS THE EMPLOYEES BACK AND FINAL SAY!!! WATCH OUT FOR YOU PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE AT LOWES..WOULDN'T WANT TO BE IN YOUR SHOES...BUT ILL DO WHAT THE BIBLE TELLS ME TO AND I WILL PRAY FOR YOU ANYWAY...GOD BLESS AND HAVE MERCY FOR YOUR IGNORANCE-AND IN THESE HARD ECONOMICAL TIMES????...SO SORRY FOR YOU!!!..

@***LE

Do you beat your slaves and keep a tight leash on your wife too? Because the bible says to do those things as well.

Another event poorly handled by upper management. Lowe's will soon be seeking a government bailout, too.

You can't do anything as an employee to support a religion, but the store can sell "Nativity" scenes & Christmas decorations, lol. Just as Jesus predicted 2,000 years ago.

I agree with all of these comments on Ms. Sutton being fired over expression concerning Christ.

I live in Troy, Alabama and we only have a Lowes and another local hardware store.

The local will get my business from now on unless I am in Mongomery or Dothan and go the Home Depot. This is totally getting out of hand in our country where agnostics and athiest have rights but Christians to not

''The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established, nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner, or on any pretence, infringed.'

I WOULD SUE!!!! I'm cutting up my Lowes card.

I will never shop at Lowe's again after seeing on the news that a woman was fired for wearing a religious pin.

@L Smith

You won't be missed.

View more comments (18)
Review

Lowes in Mobile, Alabama - Lowe's sent a plumber to install a vent hood.

After 30yrs. my stove finally bit the dust. After looking I found what I wanted at Lowe's with FREE (after mail-in rebate) delivery and haulaway. The delivery costs me $79. The free haulaway almost didn't take place, My son-in-law had to go into the attic to lft up the vent pipe from my all in one stove microwave and vent hood, because the delivery men didn't do that. OK I'll give them that they just deliver! Then, after calling to set up instillation of my new microwave/vent hood they sent a plumber who upon arrival to my home stated"Idon't go into attics." Well I guess not they sent a plumber to install an electrical appliance, and this is their "Professional" instillation. I told the gentleman he could leave, called Lowe's and told them to come pick up their merchandise, went to Sears and bought a venthood and requested that an electrician install it. Sear's sent me a wonderful man, Mark Holly, who installed my vent hood with a little effort and much nice conversatiion, God Bless you Mr. Mark Holly! Unfortunately I owe Lowe's for my stove, but not for long, that is the first thing I will pay off in 2009. Merry Christmas to all!
certifiedinstaller

:) Correction:

Did you mention your Vent Pipe extended into your Attic ?

Yes sending a Plumber :roll

Certified Installer

Review

Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana - Installation of door by Lowe's hardware.

I ordered a patio door and storm door at Lowe's. The vendor took 6 weeks to complete the order not 2 1/2 weeks as I was told. The men at the desk consistently ignored me when I tried to get an update on the status of my order. They insisted they could not do anything about the vendor. The installer didn't match the floor molding, insisted I get a new hardware for the patio door instead of transferring the old hardware, did not complete the job in 1 day as promised, and did not finish the storm door installation for 2 months. Because the installer insisted I get new hardware, I now have hardware that does not match the hardware on the doors in the house. This cost me an additional 60 plus dollars. I had already spent over 1500 dollars on the doors and installation fees. Lowe's reimbursed me for the installation costs after I went in and complained about the installer who had not shown to complete the installation twice as he had agreed. Today I got a call as I was trying to leave for work 2-3 months later stating they would reduce my refund. The ordering process was time consuming and cumbersome. I would not describe the computer programs they utilize as user friendly. They do not have any information about all the different styles and materials for patio doors so that a customer can make decisions before they start the order with the computer.

:) Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with Lowe's.

Please all consumers if you are told delivery is 2 1/2 weeks and your product hasn't arrived.

Contact the Store Manager.

Ray

Certified Installer Mill works

110% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Brighton, Co 80601

Lowes Installation

Lowes in Glennville, Georgia - Too pissed of customers

i worked for this co.for 15 years.i like to read some of these dumb complaints you *** send in,because you have no idea want you are saying.you just want something for nothing when you start you ***.i have seem it time and time again.they are always bad apples in a barrel and thats true for lowes and its work force,just as with any other company.BUT OVERALL LOWES does try and help and take care of its customers.YOU FEW THAT WANT TO *** AND GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING IN LIFE CAN GO TO ***.you need to get a life.LOWES IS WITHOUT A DOUBT A GREAT COMPANY AND TREAT ITS EMPLOYEES VERY GOOD.most anyone can have a great future with lowes. the only problem they have is dealing with you *** wanting to get something for nothing. GET A LIFE PEOPLE,YOU THAT NEEDS TOO.

I totally agree with you they expect a "Just Beacause I'm Alive" Discount.

I bought one Samsung refrigerator and Lowes ended up taking the price of three refrigerators onto my credit card and the original refrigerator ended up with an manufactor defect the store manager blamed me for the whole mess and embarrased me at the store Lowes does not have customer service

I am still waiting for the original refrigerator to be replaced by Lowes

If I owned a company YOU are the LAST person I'd want working in my store...BTW don't they drug test you guys???? Here's a lesson in the workings of the United States Constitution.

Freedom of speech is the freedom to speak freely without censorship or limitation! If you don't like it, move to another country.

chevrolet

If you are the usual Lowes employee I can easily understand why the have so many pissed off ex customers...

Go back to school and at least get a 6th grade education.

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Glen Allen, Virginia - Poor customer service

We started last January talking to Lowes about a price quote for a framing package for a new home. Explained that there would be many other purchases as we went through with this project. They bent over backwards to get our business. Promised the moon... We opened a escrow account with them ( that's like depositing money in a account at the bank) so funds would be available to get materials immediately. From there it was down hill. We have been double charged,over charged, sent wrong materials, damaged materials, special order merchandise has come damaged or wrong, materials have not been delivered when promised or not ordered when promised delaying our project. Management always has excuses. We have spent over $80K+ so far in 2 stores- trying to order appliances for our kitchen now. We already have gotten the GE Profile refrigerator from them. We have checked 3 places for the prices the total is around $6K - LOWES is the highest by almost $1K- we ask for the matching price +10% disc - we were told they don't do that on special order!!!! We do no that certain things can go to corporate for special pricing. But even at that they won't do but 10% which will not beat the lowest price. Do you know the manager actually ask my husband to buy from them anyway if the price was close because of their great customer service (HAHA). We have had it with LOWES!!!
#197149

Get over it.

sounds to me you are like a lots of others i know.you always spending a lot of money and always *** about something with this co,what do you want???them to kiss your ***.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Manager

Lowes sales adds are misleading

We have a new Lowes store in Franklin Va and I went there on Saturday night to purchase a beverage/wine refrigerator. The add said, on sale for $99.99, reg $149.99. The add also said silver or white was avaliable & but it does not say for an additional costs. The regular costs on this item is the same no matter what color , so How is the sales price different? The manager on duty was Rude so I will travel 20 miles further for better service at the Suffolk Virginia location and you need to stray away from from false advertising or someone needs to Sue you.

No it probably is not false advertiseing but that is how they operate. You think you are getting the same thing you see somewhere else but you really get *** from these kinds of places.

What are you guys in high school concerned about spelling more than getting ripped off.

Go talk about something you know about like cd's or movies. I am in the building trades you must be too huh.

There really is no need to be mean to one another, and Jason, don't throw stones when you mis-spelled "misinterpret"and "advertising"

and to the main poster:

on our ads, the item number is always placed next to the sale price, always double check that the item you want from the store is exactly the same as the one in the ad...

someone like you are always wanting to SUE companies for some BULL *** AD.why don't people like you get a life. :cry :cry :cry

Hahaha :grin Nice response Jason.

If you read the way you type perhaps you were misinformed about the sale. Go back to school and learn proper English so you don't misinterrupt something and make a fool of yourself. Then when you have at least a fourth grade English level then go back to Lowes, read the ad carefully, and if you still feel it was false advertizing than rewrite this letter so it is at least at a fourth grade level.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Manager

Loyal Lowes customer

I live in Edmond,Ok. and have a place at Lake Texhoma. I have to buy building materials at the Durant store. If you died in the lumber dept while loading your own lumber it would take days for someone to find you. After having knee surgery and barely able to walk the employees watched me and my wife try to load 2X12's.When we asked for help they scattered like roaches.You need to pay more money or fire their *** .There isn't a Home Depot in the area , you better be glad ,you could lose a lot of customers

:cry :eek :zzz :upset ;) ;) :grin :roll :( :x :p :p :p :p :upset ;)

certifiedinstaller

:) Next time your in a Lowe's Store and experience the following. ( No Service )

Please ask for the Manager of the Store!

Point out the names of all Associates refusing to help.

Certified Installer

Two year's plus Brighton, Co

Mill works Ask for Ray

110 % Customer Satisfaction

:cry Waaahh! Cry much?

you get the same kind of service at the Muskogee store also!16858

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - They did not give me the full proper credit.

I went to Lowes paid in advance with Lowes credit card, for a retractable screen door and installation service. I was told the installer can pick up the door prior to installation. On the day of the scheduled install. Installer stated it could not be done because the door opening is not standard and retractable door will not fit. I agreed. Installer told Lowe's screen door was never picked up and the install was never done. I was credited for the install service but not for the $100+ screen door that was never picked up nor installed. Credit card company dispute service was incompetent and make you go through a lot of red tape so you can, inevitably are forced to give up.

Did you contact the install sales team and notify them? When an install is not complete it is standard procedure to refund the install, but some customers make other arrangements with getting their products installed. So product refunds are granted at customers request.

Lowes Installation

Lowes in Livonia, Michigan - Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer

Purchace of a Whirlpool Duet front load washer would be a giant mistake based on our experience and feedback from friends, neighbors and coworkers. Also, Lowe's extended warranty is through company trained in evading customer inquiries and following up on customer issues. I would be better off calling IT support in India speaking to someone with English as their forth or fifth language as these people don't have a clue. Sorry Whirlpool & Lowe's, my next dollars will be better spent somewhere else. You can advertise all you want, but it will be for nothing. I'm gone and good luck.

I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport, about a year and a half old. It stops mid-cycle and completely shuts off.

I watched it during two test cycles, both set for 28 minute wash. Both times it went completely dark/power off about 10 minutes into the cycle. All spin, wash, rinse, fucntions worked fine up until that moment. I pressed the power button, started a new wash cycle, and it started up fine once again.

It has shut down repeatedly as well on the "Reg" wash cycle.

While the washer was in various stages of a cycle, I have jiggled the front door, the detergent fill tray, etc, to see if there might be a loose switch, sensor, etc, but I could not interrupt or stop the cycle by doing that. Suggestions?

Whats wrong with your washer?

View more comments (1)
Review
#142015 Review #142015 is a subjective opinion of poster.