Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes Cancels my credit card

You know after a number of years of buying at Lowes that ended over Christmas when they cut my card. They said for two late summer payments, I say it is because I continually paid my card and only a 48 dollar balance. I have always paid my card and never missed a payment, late yes, twice. After Thousands they cut my credit, despite a 100% credit rating from the credit service they say did me in. They have lost my business and everyone I can tell. Home Depot here I come, and nevr again to lowes for anything. This is not way to treat customers, especially good ones. Then they have the gall to say, We appreciate your businees. How patronizing can they be. What a Joke.

I also got a cancel account letter from Lowes. Before you start "***" on the original complaint in this string, Lowes is pulling some "shady" deals as well.

When Lowes or GE Finance or whoever runs their credit scam changes the way they send statements and doesn't inform customers so a $35 charge ends up as a canceled account this is bad business.

This canceled account then shows up in a credit report which affects future financial actions. Home Depot here I come.

Guess what Sharon not all of us have CASH flying out of our *** like you so most of us can't PAY CASH you freakin *** clown!!!!!

I actually work for lowes and its not us that cut cars, its GE money bank that goes through all the credit things. They sent us emails a couple months ago explaining because of the economy they were cutting back customers credit limits and cutting their cards, they gave no further explanation.

if we all paid in cash, this economy would crash and burn. most of our americans dont have the money to pay in cash thats why we have credit, to buy the wants and needs.

if all americans had the cash this country would have no debt, be more organized and learn how to speak to one another with respect. besides the only reason why you pay in cash, is the fact you cant get any credit

Wait this may be a shock to you and everyone else who has recently sunk our country into a debt filled recession..... when you don't pay your bills on time, like you signed up for when you filled out your application, you aren't holding up your end of the contract.

Why should they hold up their end and let you use their money to buy your stuff?

Pay your bills on time, quit being a whiner and do what those of us smart people do... PAY CASH ***!

View more comments (4)
Product
Lowes Credit Card

Lowes in Poway, California - Lowe's Refuses to Honor Extended Warranty!

Another "Do Not Use Lowe's Extended Warranty Plan" complaint because Lowe' refuses to honor it. I have been trying to have my Samsung front load washer repaired since last JULY. La Mesa, CA Appliance has been to my house numerous times and cannot repair it. La Mesa Appliance told me more than once to "bolt the washer to the floor", which voids the warranty. I am still in the process of getting this resolved. Lowe's must not pay fair market appliance repair because their vendors (La Mesa Appliance) treat the customers/consumers horribly. I am just beginning my process of the paper trail. I will be contacting the BBB, Lowe's Corp. Office, etc.

I am having the same problem only they are telling me they are not going to honor the contract due to where they conveniently put the serial number sticker. They put it on the inside of the door where it was wet and rubbed by the door.

The only sticker out of several that has any wear at all! I refuse to buy from Lowes again.

I have to agree. Still trying to get a replacement burner for a Fridgaire stove since Nov 2009.

First company said "stove was grease issue and will not resolve". Hah, stove was clean. Grease was on serial tag down below. Second Jan 2010 company say ordering part.

Nothing yet and Lowe's EWP has been less than helpful. :(

I would call the number on the bottom of your receipt. Its a complaint/compliment hotline for lowes that sends you to corporate office. The complaint is taking then sent back to the Lowes store that sold you the appliance, they have a timeline to resolve your issue and send it back to corporate.

View more comments (2)
Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes in Findlay, Ohio - Service at the checkout

I read the letter from the fella in Colorado concerning the "long lines" at the checkout. Is this the only place he shops? ( Considering the times we're in) help is shorthanded everywhere. there is always one person who isn't happy about the way things are run. i work at one of these store in another state.. our policy is to get people checked out as quick as we can. there are employees who b/c of policy cannot run the register. don't know the story concerning this particular store but don't judge all stores by yours...
Review

Want credit card from lowes in florida.i;m canadian

I applied for a credit card at Lowes in MELLBOURNE florida AT THERE STORE ON 192,,on jan 6 -2009,but was refuse because of my canadian social insurance number,they said they couldnt get it in the computor . I dont understand since I had no problem getting one from Home Depot ,6 months ago here in melbourne florida .what is the problem with there COMPUTOR SYSTOM ,that they cant process my application.they are loosing a good customer ?????????????? Hope you can find the answer for me .THANK YOU, HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THIS. Sincerely , FROM FLORIDA Anna Lee
okyeah14

I work at Customer service in Lowes. We have canadians that want to apply all the time.

Home depot and Lowes DO NOT use the same "bank" for money lending. Each company has their own way of doing things. Canadians want US credit cards so they can avoid the higher taxes back home. Nice try though.

When you go back home, they add it back into your statement. You cant have it all.

how are you

I'm not sure if they want my business. I applied for a Lowes credit card and was denied because they "couldn't verify my identify".

Upon further investigation, I was told it was due to my "phone number". I have an excellent credit score, 740.

Who would have thought that my shopping at Lowe's was contigent upon my phone number? I went to Home Depot.

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes in Colorado Springs, Colorado - Continually wait far too long at checkout!!

I shop at the Lowe's store on Powers Blvd. in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Almost every time I shop I have to wait far too long at the checkout. At times there are employees huddled in small groups laughing and goofing off while the customers stand and wait. I know there are "self check out lanes", which I choose not to use. I'm at the point of finding somewhere else to shop if I have to put up with this much longer. I would think that your managers could see this and correct it. Thanks - John Kimmel 3850 Happy Jack Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80922

Here's an idea - don't shop there anymore (although I suspect no one is capable of meeting your expectations).

shop there all teh time, maintain home plus 7 properties

always quick, always great

GAL (get a Life)

Ever been to Wal-Mart? How about a third world country? You have it made either way.

Why don't you use the Self Check out? They invested money in the machines to help with this very issue. If you don't use them because you say it takes someones job, think again. There is a lot of man hours that goes into the software and maintenance of the machines.

As for your complaint, It is Lowe's Policy to have no more than 3 customers in a line. If this does happen(holidays and some weekends for larger stores) then they have a program called line busting that checks you out before you get to the register.

It may be that your store is lacking employees. My store does not have enough people to meet the current demand. It is hard to find people that are willing to work in this community, but that is not Lowe's fault.

Marjorie

o sorry thought you were talking about wal-mart.

Good idea,go somewhere else to shop ***! :cry

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes will not repair/reimburse repair costs for delivery damage

This involves the Reno, NV Lowes. We recently moved to Reno last year, and the house we rented needed a fridge. So we purchased a 21 CF Fridge from Lowes on 7/1/07 to be delivered the following week. The delivery crew as nice enough, but when they brought it in the misjudged the turn to the Kitchen and the guy put his hand through the corner of the wall. He was ok (scraped up), and told me to contact Lowes that they would pay for repair. The damage left *** in the drywall, warped metal on the rounded corner so it bulged out at the site of impact and of course the paint & texture was wrecked. I contacted Lowes the same day was given to a "manager" named Jodi. She was out the day of the accident but called me the next day, and arranged to come out the morning after that (2 days after the incident) to verify the damage and took pictures with her camera phone. She saw the damage and told me that I would need to get it fixed and Lowes would reimburse me. I asked for a recommendation, but this lady told me she could not give me one but to use one of the laborers working on the new home developments and just bring the receipt in to the store. After not being able to find a licensed individual to fix the wall and no further assistance from Lowes for 3 months even though we inquired about any paperwork, etc that might need to be filled out and being told there was none. We also own parrots, and have to be mindful of fumes from the paint, etc (at the time of the accident the birds were not yet with us so if it could have been repaired then it would have been better if Lowes had been cooperative). Fast forward to earlier this month, we are moving and gave notice to the landlord, which means that we had to get the wall fixed. Saw an ad on tv for a licensed handyman - he came out last week saw the damage and fixed it the next day for a total cost $250 for materials and labor. I contacted Lowes and brought the receipt in to the store that afternoon. They took a copy of the receipt, my phone number, and said the "manager" would contact me when they came in the next day. Next day came without contact - so I stopped at the store. I had to ask the customer service area to find someone, and they found me Carol, who claimed to be the only female manager at the store for the past several years and that Jodi was in installation but not a manager. She had gotten the receipt and claimed to have tried to call me but no one answered (I checked my messages later and Caller ID but there was no call ever made). She didn't seem to believe my story and was very condescending (called me sweetheart and honey several times) saying that I needed to find my paperwork, etc because she would have to try to find it and that would take a few days if she did it. Just as she was blowing me off, Jodi happened to walk by and acknowledged that she remembered me and even described the home to Carol. Carol then told me that I still needed to get her my receipt so she could prove I was a customer and they could find my claim, even though Jodi told her no claim was ever opened. After the holiday last week, I went through my files and found the receipt. I called Carol this morning, and gave her the invoice number, which she claimed did not come up in the system. So I had to drive to the store to give her the receipt so she could make a copy. She started giving me the runaround that the cost of the fix was higher than Lowes would pay and that I would need to give them the amount I would be willing to take upfront to expedite my claim. Then she asked me for the receipt for the repair, which I didn't have on me at the time (it's in my husband's car which is in the shop). I told her she had a copy already, and then she told me that they had sent it on to the claim section to see if I had a claim open and that it was gone. She told me to go home and get my receipt for the repair after filling out the claim paperwork and said she would not send it in. She also tried to say at the claim was just for damage to the drywall, which was not the case and I had to correct her. Getting fed up with the runaround from Carol, I called Lowes Customer Care number, and they informed me that she is just an administrator not a manager. The manager is Mike, who has never spoken with me. They also told me that I don't have to give a lower number that I'm willing to take to expedite my claim and that the investigation would have to run its course before they contact me about money. Essentially, after over a year of this, the Reno Lowes has behaved in bad faith by misleading me, lying to me several times, and refusing to do any work to set things right all to get out of filing a claim and having it on their record. They're employees are liars and will not allow you to speak to management at all and pretend to be management rather than have you speak to one. Beware of this store and its employees.

get over it and go complain to your birds K

There is such a thing as a licensed "handyman".He has limited jobs and has to have Ins.

I used to work at Lowes. Per Lowes own procedures, the management is supposed to open a claim after any damage and have their investigators contact you before anything is repaired.

So their failure to file definitely delayed, and because you got it repaired before they investigated, expect them to refuse to pay.

At least you were able to get it repaired even it does cost you at least you know. Also, to karin - I think they are referring to a licensed contractor rather than an actual "handyman" - it sounds like this person doesn't know much about home repair or terminology.

There is really no excuse for waiting so long to get your wall fixed. There is no such thing as a licensed "handyman" anyway.

You should have had it fixed immediately and not waited so long. You are lucky the same people even still work there

View more comments (3)
Loss

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Christian Employee Fired for Wearing Religious Pin

I shop at Lowes on a regular basis, but Home Depot is directly across the street. I am out raged that the Lowe's location in Tennessee, fired its employee for wearing a religious pin, which I saw on the news tonight. She has the right to wear the pin and show her love for Christ, just as the customer who complained has the right to feel the way she/he does. I will take my business to another store and hope that others will as well. I will tell everyone I know what happened to this woman. Pissed in Prattville, AL.

And you would complain if they allowed people to wear pins promoting non Christian religions. To be fair they don't allow any pins.

If she didn't like the rules she shouldn't have taken the job.

It's too bad you are one of those intolerant it's my way or the highway type of people. People like you is why there are so many problems in the world today.

This is idiotic. If your assertion is that Lowe's is unchristian, I'll remind you that they are closed only two days of the year, and one of them is Christmas.

If your point is that you, as a Christian, have an obligation to punish Lowe's for behavior you disagree with, I'll wait for you to provide me with examples of Christ as avenger. It seems to me the only time he attacked anyone, it was moneychangers IN THE TEMPLE.

Finally, the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself has to reside somewhere in your head. Which aspect of love are you demonstrating here? Feel free to look up 1 Corinthians 13:4, which gives you a specific list of the aspects of love.

Now, stop being idiots. Go and sin no more.

Ladies and Gentlemen, first of all I'd like to say that I am a christian and also an employee of Lowe's. Before anyone starts saying I'll cut up my card and I'll never shop Lowe's again.

Think about the Christians that do still work there for the simple fact that there is no where else to work. You're taking food off of their tables. Wives, husbands and children going hungry because you decided you were going to stop shopping at their parents store because of the ignorance of one store manager. If you do that then you're no better than that manager.

Now second of all the lady wasn't fired. She was simply asked to remove the pin and refused to do so, so she quit and then said she was fired. Anyway, I hope that you will all think of the people who do work there that still go to church and praise and worship the lord. Continue to help us serve you and make our living.

Just do as I do, pray for the bad apples, but never judge the whole book by it's cover.

If any of you come through my line you will hear me say god bless as you walk out the door. And I say now, God bless you all.

I would'nt worry about that - they fired me for worshipping Satan.....

If you people get this worked up about a religious pin, then your life is pretty pathetic. "I'm not going to shop at Lowe's because they made him or her *** the pin" give me a *** break. Stop buying into religious propaganda!

I work at lowes she should not have been wearing the pin in the first place it is against the rules. You are not suppose to wear anything that could offend another person.

@H Ormand

What if wearing clothes offends people? Will they make them take them off to?

I will never shop at Lowe's again either. I cut my card in half and sent it back taped to a note (in red) that said "it's called Christmas for Christ's sake. Keep your card!"

@D Williams

And they will return your card, postage-due, with another note that says "we aren't open on christmas you bible thumper".

The lady actually quit and fabricated the story. Second, its lowes written policy that you can only have lowes affiliated pins on your vest.

Don't be so quick to say "I'll start going to Home Depot". I recently e-mailed them about the fact that "Happy Holidays" is supposed to cover all the winter holidays.

Yet once Christmas is over they say "Happy New Year". Their response was that they didn't want to offewnd non Christians and non-believers.

Yet they will make big bucks off Christians and those who do believe. Apparently they are not worried about offending us.

Was going to build new garage this spring, used Lowe's when setting my new modular home 3 years ago. Will NEVER shop Lowe's again.

There seems to be a lot of Christian people working there, VERY nice and helpful but I'm sorry for them.

Just like someone said, they sell alot of, Christ based, "CHRISTMAS" items and don't mind taking money for them. Well, won't be getting anymore money from me.

THE LORD HAS THE EMPLOYEES BACK AND FINAL SAY!!! WATCH OUT FOR YOU PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE AT LOWES..WOULDN'T WANT TO BE IN YOUR SHOES...BUT ILL DO WHAT THE BIBLE TELLS ME TO AND I WILL PRAY FOR YOU ANYWAY...GOD BLESS AND HAVE MERCY FOR YOUR IGNORANCE-AND IN THESE HARD ECONOMICAL TIMES????...SO SORRY FOR YOU!!!..

@***LE

Do you beat your slaves and keep a tight leash on your wife too? Because the bible says to do those things as well.

Another event poorly handled by upper management. Lowe's will soon be seeking a government bailout, too.

You can't do anything as an employee to support a religion, but the store can sell "Nativity" scenes & Christmas decorations, lol. Just as Jesus predicted 2,000 years ago.

I agree with all of these comments on Ms. Sutton being fired over expression concerning Christ.

I live in Troy, Alabama and we only have a Lowes and another local hardware store.

The local will get my business from now on unless I am in Mongomery or Dothan and go the Home Depot. This is totally getting out of hand in our country where agnostics and athiest have rights but Christians to not

''The civil rights of none shall be abridged on account of religious belief or worship, nor shall any national religion be established, nor shall the full and equal rights of conscience be in any manner, or on any pretence, infringed.'

I WOULD SUE!!!! I'm cutting up my Lowes card.

I will never shop at Lowe's again after seeing on the news that a woman was fired for wearing a religious pin.

@L Smith

You won't be missed.

View more comments (18)
Review

Lowes in Mobile, Alabama - Lowe's sent a plumber to install a vent hood.

After 30yrs. my stove finally bit the dust. After looking I found what I wanted at Lowe's with FREE (after mail-in rebate) delivery and haulaway. The delivery costs me $79. The free haulaway almost didn't take place, My son-in-law had to go into the attic to lft up the vent pipe from my all in one stove microwave and vent hood, because the delivery men didn't do that. OK I'll give them that they just deliver! Then, after calling to set up instillation of my new microwave/vent hood they sent a plumber who upon arrival to my home stated"Idon't go into attics." Well I guess not they sent a plumber to install an electrical appliance, and this is their "Professional" instillation. I told the gentleman he could leave, called Lowe's and told them to come pick up their merchandise, went to Sears and bought a venthood and requested that an electrician install it. Sear's sent me a wonderful man, Mark Holly, who installed my vent hood with a little effort and much nice conversatiion, God Bless you Mr. Mark Holly! Unfortunately I owe Lowe's for my stove, but not for long, that is the first thing I will pay off in 2009. Merry Christmas to all!
certifiedinstaller

:) Correction:

Did you mention your Vent Pipe extended into your Attic ?

Yes sending a Plumber :roll

Sincerely,

Certified Installer

Review

Lowes in Indianapolis, Indiana - Installation of door by Lowe's hardware.

I ordered a patio door and storm door at Lowe's. The vendor took 6 weeks to complete the order not 2 1/2 weeks as I was told. The men at the desk consistently ignored me when I tried to get an update on the status of my order. They insisted they could not do anything about the vendor. The installer didn't match the floor molding, insisted I get a new hardware for the patio door instead of transferring the old hardware, did not complete the job in 1 day as promised, and did not finish the storm door installation for 2 months. Because the installer insisted I get new hardware, I now have hardware that does not match the hardware on the doors in the house. This cost me an additional 60 plus dollars. I had already spent over 1500 dollars on the doors and installation fees. Lowe's reimbursed me for the installation costs after I went in and complained about the installer who had not shown to complete the installation twice as he had agreed. Today I got a call as I was trying to leave for work 2-3 months later stating they would reduce my refund. The ordering process was time consuming and cumbersome. I would not describe the computer programs they utilize as user friendly. They do not have any information about all the different styles and materials for patio doors so that a customer can make decisions before they start the order with the computer.

:) Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with Lowe's.

Please all consumers if you are told delivery is 2 1/2 weeks and your product hasn't arrived.

Contact the Store Manager.

Sincerely,

Ray

Certified Installer Mill works

110% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Brighton, Co 80601

Service
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Glennville, Georgia - Too pissed of customers

i worked for this co.for 15 years.i like to read some of these dumb complaints you *** send in,because you have no idea want you are saying.you just want something for nothing when you start you ***.i have seem it time and time again.they are always bad apples in a barrel and thats true for lowes and its work force,just as with any other company.BUT OVERALL LOWES does try and help and take care of its customers.YOU FEW THAT WANT TO *** AND GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING IN LIFE CAN GO TO ***.you need to get a life.LOWES IS WITHOUT A DOUBT A GREAT COMPANY AND TREAT ITS EMPLOYEES VERY GOOD.most anyone can have a great future with lowes. the only problem they have is dealing with you *** wanting to get something for nothing. GET A LIFE PEOPLE,YOU THAT NEEDS TOO.

I totally agree with you they expect a "Just Beacause I'm Alive" Discount.

I bought one Samsung refrigerator and Lowes ended up taking the price of three refrigerators onto my credit card and the original refrigerator ended up with an manufactor defect the store manager blamed me for the whole mess and embarrased me at the store Lowes does not have customer service

I am still waiting for the original refrigerator to be replaced by Lowes

If I owned a company YOU are the LAST person I'd want working in my store...BTW don't they drug test you guys???? Here's a lesson in the workings of the United States Constitution.

Freedom of speech is the freedom to speak freely without censorship or limitation! If you don't like it, move to another country.

chevrolet

If you are the usual Lowes employee I can easily understand why the have so many pissed off ex customers...

Go back to school and at least get a 6th grade education.

View more comments (4)