Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes sales adds are misleading

We have a new Lowes store in Franklin Va and I went there on Saturday night to purchase a beverage/wine refrigerator. The add said, on sale for $99.99, reg $149.99. The add also said silver or white was avaliable & but it does not say for an additional costs. The regular costs on this item is the same no matter what color , so How is the sales price different? The manager on duty was Rude so I will travel 20 miles further for better service at the Suffolk Virginia location and you need to stray away from from false advertising or someone needs to Sue you.

No it probably is not false advertiseing but that is how they operate. You think you are getting the same thing you see somewhere else but you really get *** from these kinds of places.

What are you guys in high school concerned about spelling more than getting ripped off.

Go talk about something you know about like cd's or movies. I am in the building trades you must be too huh.

There really is no need to be mean to one another, and Jason, don't throw stones when you mis-spelled "misinterpret"and "advertising"

and to the main poster:

on our ads, the item number is always placed next to the sale price, always double check that the item you want from the store is exactly the same as the one in the ad...

someone like you are always wanting to SUE companies for some BULL *** AD.why don't people like you get a life. :cry :cry :cry

Hahaha :grin Nice response Jason.

If you read the way you type perhaps you were misinformed about the sale. Go back to school and learn proper English so you don't misinterrupt something and make a fool of yourself. Then when you have at least a fourth grade English level then go back to Lowes, read the ad carefully, and if you still feel it was false advertizing than rewrite this letter so it is at least at a fourth grade level.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Manager

Loyal Lowes customer

I live in Edmond,Ok. and have a place at Lake Texhoma. I have to buy building materials at the Durant store. If you died in the lumber dept while loading your own lumber it would take days for someone to find you. After having knee surgery and barely able to walk the employees watched me and my wife try to load 2X12's.When we asked for help they scattered like roaches.You need to pay more money or fire their *** .There isn't a Home Depot in the area , you better be glad ,you could lose a lot of customers

:cry :eek :zzz :upset ;) ;) :grin :roll :( :x :p :p :p :p :upset ;)

certifiedinstaller

:) Next time your in a Lowe's Store and experience the following. ( No Service )

Please ask for the Manager of the Store!

Point out the names of all Associates refusing to help.

Sincerely,

:cry Waaahh! Cry much?

you get the same kind of service at the Muskogee store also!16858

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - They did not give me the full proper credit.

I went to Lowes paid in advance with Lowes credit card, for a retractable screen door and installation service. I was told the installer can pick up the door prior to installation. On the day of the scheduled install. Installer stated it could not be done because the door opening is not standard and retractable door will not fit. I agreed. Installer told Lowe's screen door was never picked up and the install was never done. I was credited for the install service but not for the $100+ screen door that was never picked up nor installed. Credit card company dispute service was incompetent and make you go through a lot of red tape so you can, inevitably are forced to give up.

Did you contact the install sales team and notify them? When an install is not complete it is standard procedure to refund the install, but some customers make other arrangements with getting their products installed. So product refunds are granted at customers request.

Lowes Installation

Lowes in Livonia, Michigan - Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer

Purchace of a Whirlpool Duet front load washer would be a giant mistake based on our experience and feedback from friends, neighbors and coworkers. Also, Lowe's extended warranty is through company trained in evading customer inquiries and following up on customer issues. I would be better off calling IT support in India speaking to someone with English as their forth or fifth language as these people don't have a clue. Sorry Whirlpool & Lowe's, my next dollars will be better spent somewhere else. You can advertise all you want, but it will be for nothing. I'm gone and good luck.

I have a Whirlpool Duet Sport, about a year and a half old. It stops mid-cycle and completely shuts off.

I watched it during two test cycles, both set for 28 minute wash. Both times it went completely dark/power off about 10 minutes into the cycle. All spin, wash, rinse, fucntions worked fine up until that moment. I pressed the power button, started a new wash cycle, and it started up fine once again.

It has shut down repeatedly as well on the "Reg" wash cycle.

While the washer was in various stages of a cycle, I have jiggled the front door, the detergent fill tray, etc, to see if there might be a loose switch, sensor, etc, but I could not interrupt or stop the cycle by doing that. Suggestions?

Whats wrong with your washer?

View more comments (1)
Review
#142015 Review #142015 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Jacksonville, Florida - Lowe's customer service stinks for me

I bought a refrigerator from lowes, I purchased the lowes adavantage service, well my refrigerator broke down I lost all the stuff in my maytag refrigerator and I called lowes to get it fixed. well.... theytold my someone would be at my house between 8 to 5 after sitting all day waiting on the service guy to show up. I started calling around 3 well.......now it is 8:00 and the regency square manager of lowes told me the service guy said I never answered my phone and I wasn't home so the guy wasn'T COMMING...I told him I have been here all day I gotr up at 6am to make sure I was ready for him. he said well he isn't comming and you have to reschedule!!!!!! I said no i have waited all day it was his job to make sure he showed up!!! he said mam the service has nothing to do with Lowe's????? I asked him why was it called Lowe's service advantage??????? if it had nothing to do with Lowe's ? he said sorry but you have to call them tomorrow and reschedule, I asked for the corp. office # he said all they are going to do is call me and I just told you the service has nothing to do with Lowe's . I told him your company is only as good as your service, if your service sucked , the company sucks. I told him what good was the warranty when they don't honor it??? I am sorry you do not treat customers like that!!!!!! not if you want them to come back! I have bought the frig, a dishwasher, and a washing machine but I will never buy another thing in Lowe's you just don't treat people like this !!! they say word of mouth goes a long way I have a big mouth and will never miss an opportunity to rag on Lowe's

Most of the time we get 2 phone numbers from our customers as points of contact and as usual the phone numbers are wrong/incorrect and /or they never answer their phones much less call if they are going to be late for appointments. :cry

WOW, A team leader!

Coming from a team leader that works over an appliance dept within the Lowe's company, you obviously didn't read anything about your extended protection plan. Any retail store you buy a plan from hires a 3rd party company to deal with them that has nothing to do with the company.

Lowe's doesn't have repair people working for the store, the hotline you call isn't even a lowe's employee, it's some person answering the phone connecting you to a repair man in your area whether you live in Maine or Kentucky, but it's all the same number. I do agree that Lowe's could have called the repair company for you and provided better customer service, but you have to understand that your lowe's store had nothing to do with scheduling your repair or the people that repair it so you cant blame the store for an outside repairman not showing up.

You buy that plan as coverage for your own protection to save you $$$ when something goes wrong. The price of the plan is much cheaper than a service call and any parts and labor if you didn't have it, so before you criticize you need to pay more attention to the details of what you buy.

:p It "stinks" for you? Maybe it's your upper lip or your armpits. Take a shower.

As big of a mouth you have chances are only your friends and family will listen to you. The majority of us will forget about this.

I know you are hoping your big mouth will put Lowes out of business but it won't.

Are you even sure you gave the right phone number. Looking at your spelling and grammar errors perhaps you wrote the wrong phone number.

Not for nothing, but the service advantage brochure says the customer service number right there on it...

All you had to do was call them, calling the store was a waste of time, they have no control over the service provider.

That being said NEW should have taken care of you, and your extended warranty covered your food loss as well, did you ask about that??

View more comments (5)
Lowes Manager

New lowes

it was at one time I was upset with the lowes in rock hill, sc, but now my business has focused on the the new lowes in waxhaw. It is one of the best things lowes has ever done, not only do I not have to drive that distance, and put up with rude management, and some employees, I can visit this new lowes whenever I want, fresh faces, better attitudes, and noone ignores me. I know I am just one voice, but if you want my opinion I think the lowes in rock hill, should just close their doors, cause I am some of my friends are very pleased with the waxhaw store

Has anyone heard of a company called "Fresh Paint"

Oh, don't you worry none - we hate you just as much as the Rock Hill store does

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Mission Viejo, California - Fiasco regarding dishwasher purchase

too many mishaps, starting with 'drop order' with their computer system, and subsequent visits back to correct it, and further mistakes. install appointment debacles followed. when i asked for refund, they couldn't process my order because it was still in limbo in their IT system. have never experienced something like this. i wanted to give them my business and more down the line for further remodelling of my home. i have owned several small businesses, and have never seen anything like this. haven't elaborated on the 'further mistakes' and responses because it would take too much of your time.
Loss

Lowes in Reston, Virginia - Home Depot Berh Paint rebate a joke. Would not honor rebate!!

I purchased Behr paint on Aug. 28, 2008 and was told I would receive $20.00 for each bucket and $5.00 for each pail and could submit claim online. Could never get entered online and called to be told I had missed the deadline. Since Aug. 28, I have purchased over $1,000. in additional paint and materials from Home Depot, but I can assure you it will the last dollar I spend at this store. In addition, the paint was inferior and would not cover white over white. Purchased paint from Lowes and it did a great job.

It seems to me that I read this very same complaint about Menards.HMMmm

Lowes in Dallas, Texas - Window Install

I had the Lowes person come out and price 10 out of the 15 windows in our house. We signed the contract. Then the person called back after we signed stating that 2 windows would have to be picture windows and wanted to know if that was ok, I said yes. Then when I asked about the price difference they said they would not change the price. In fact he said he under charged me so I am getting a deal anyway, That was around Jan 9, 2008. The windows were installed on March 14, 2008. I had to keep on them to order the windows and I was managing the project I paid them to do. Then there was warranty issues 4 windows had damage. The final window was repaired on Sept 29th. Now on October 17th I get a certified letter and it was the permit. They did not even pull it until October 8th, 2008. I cannot get the other windows installed until they close this one out. I have called Lowes corp office and did not even get a return phone call. I used there website and they say they will call in 2 days. Still nothing!! All this year we have bought appliances at Lowes and they have been very good about that. But the whole Window issue is driving me nuts. The people at Lowes Exterior Solutions just do not care.

Permits are always the owners responsibility

tough live with it hahahaahahh

live and learn chomphead

ahhahahahh

blah!

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry sounds like another customer that just got up and wanting to *** about something they don't understand.

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes in Tellico Plains, Tennessee - Sold my refrigerator to another customer after my 3rd trip to pick it up

I found a refrigerator on sale at Lowes in Athens Tn. Sunday. Spoke with Mgr David to come pick it up Monday with my truck. Had 20% off coupon, which I showed to Customer Service Lady and asked if I could use it towards the purchase. She said yes, sure can! I was elated. Sent My husband Monday mng with check and coupon to pick up my refrigerator. David was out until next day. Would not let us pay for it using coupon, have to wait for David to approve. We told saleslady would be back next morning to get it when David was there.(My name was placed on refrigerator) Next morning went to pick up, I was greeted by saleslady whom I told I was there again to pick up my refrigerator. She told me another associate had removed my name and sold it to someone else. She said she told him what was going on with the refrigerator, but he removed my name and sold it to someone else. Devastated,I asked to speak with a Manager, hoping for some resolution after 3- 70 mile trips to Athens. Wouldn't you know I got "Manager" Larry. What a joke! He was very RUDE, CRUDE, and very uncaring. Did not offer any help, or consolation. I spend thousands of dollars at Lowes annually as a Contractor, But I will NEVER SPEND ANOTHER PENNY AT LOWES!! HOME DEPOT WILL GET ALL OF MY BUSINESS FROM NOW ON.

What was wrong with the coupon? Expired, Competitor's Coupon, a discount over a discount, did not meet the min sale amt?

You could have done a "Pick up later" and paid for it the first day that you where there. At my store we do not hold products for customers unless they pay for it first.

One reason is because it is unfair to the other customers in the store that might want to buy the product. Also, It takes room to hold product, and my store is one of the smaller Lowe's stores.

Bob can't spell. Is it so hard to believe that someone spends 'thousands"?

Come on 'Bob'....one fridge...a washer & dryer....a riding mower....any of these single purchases will run you over a thousand bucks. And if Kim is a contractor, it DOES happen. I spend thousands a year, too.

Oh, customer service at almost any CHAIN retailer has gone to ***.

I never ever opt for an extended warranty anymore. I will just replace it later with the latest model.

another customer that says they spen thousands!!!!!!!!!!!!1 yeah right