Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Buffalo, New York - Lowe's Home Improvement, payed to install 3 doors in a month, five months later, still not done.

I ordered three interior doors to be installed in my home. I payed $1,240 up front on May 23. I now have two doors,( it's October 22 ) but they have had to send back the third door twice because it came to them damaged and twice the installers they sent damaged the door....badly. In the mean time, I have had family come to visit and had to hang a sheet in the door. Everyone apologizes, but it is the most incredibly incompetent work that I have ever seen done ( and I'm NOT the fussy sort )...Will NEVER go into a Lowe's store again.

Lowe's installers are not required to be GC's.

If you are going to Lowe's for the best deal, you are out of luck.

Stuff gets damaged in transit, so it's best to not wait until the last minute... Things are usually more complicated than they should be, so allow for that in your immediate need time frame...

certifiedinstaller

:) Correction

When the Installer is in your Home doing a Detail, please ask questions.

Don't wait until the Job is completed.

Are you a General Contractor or a Sub-Contractor.

Are you a Certified Door Installer may I see Proof ! ( Now not Later )

May I see Pictures of your Installations. ( Current 30 Day's )

What is included and what is not !

( Materials )

Will the Project begin within Two Day's. ( Depending on Delivery of

my Door ?

What is your Personal Guarantee !

( If Any ) Daa.

Only you can decide if this Person is right for the Job !

Sincerely,

Certified Installer

Brighton, Co

certifiedinstaller

:) Correction All Certified Installers with Lowe's. ( Are General Contractors )

The Home Depot has a General Contractor with a Office. They hire

( Sub Contractors )

Best regards,

Certified Installer

Brighton, Co

Ray

Sadly, there's a reson these guys have to work for Lowe's or other big box stores. If they were the "cream of the crop" they would have plenty of work without having to go to the chain stores for work.

As a Lowe's employee, I WOULD NEVER let these guys into my home for anything! But, to defend Lowe's a bit here, it's not just us, ANY of the box stores, us, Home Depot, Sears, subcontract out to third party installers.

Better to buy the doors, windows, etc. @ Lowe's, then find a good, qualified, independent installer to put them in, in some cases, it might even be cheaper than paying for the install in store, AND, it will be done right to boot!

View more comments (3)
Lowes Installation

Lowes in Orlando, Florida - Store Manager is a sweet talking thief

Our family has been shopping at Lowes for years. For years we have tried to "build something together." Once again we have had a horrible experience, this time with a store manager (female) that "honey" ed us to death. We spent over $50,000. for products to build a store, most of the time the products were wrong and the delivery wasn't done as promised. Then we foolishly decided to do some home improvements. The manager "gave us good deals?" Only to find out the price she quoted us over the phone and then after install the price jumped up over $4oo.oo, and to make matters worse she never put us on the no interest plan as promised. After spending $6ooo.oo in the store. We went in to find out why our bill was so high and why we weren't on the no interest plan. The explanation was she typed it in wrong. But they wouldn't put us on it. Not sure why "honey" suddenly didn't like us anymore? Maybe because she made so many mistakes. Amazing isn't it, the store manager screws up and we the customer gets penalized. For the record we never went in and signed for the merchandise or for the install of the carpet. She, "honey" did it all.
bmmorrison

There are two sides to every story so I want to tell my story about Lowes. I shop at the Lowes in Cypress Texas where there is a HD across the street. I do allot of price and quality comparisons.Many years ago HD was the only place that I would shop but that all changed about two years ago when Lowes opened a store near by. They're freindly,helpful, knowledgable, and act like they really want my business. HD seldom has any help to talk to and the aisles are so crowded with product you can't get your cart down. There is no doubt that the hole store needs an attitude adjustment. I wrote a letter to HD but never received a response. I never thought that I would ever say that about a company that was once a great company.

I'm sure happy to have a Lowes close by.

Merry Xmas.

Monica :) :grin

I worked for Lowe's for 3 years. No raise, no promotions, only head aches.

The managers they promote are fresh out of high school with no training or work experience and it shows. They hire co-workers to fill in the slots for 5 cent more than the steak and shake up the road, again high schoolers and leave you with these people to try and run/close a department. If you complain, you get written up, then eventually, they will find something to axe you with. I have seen it to many times.

No, corperate doesn't care, they have made their money and now its gonna be just like all the other big box store back in the day, just pull in all the money they can for the next 10 years, screw the workers and then sell-out to Wal-mart. The goings on with this company today would kill the original founders 10 times over if they only new. Companies like this one are the reasons why our econonmy is so sluggish, corperate greed and pennies for the workers.

Everyone at corperate turns their head and doesn't want to admit to the stuff going on with this company, hey, why would they...I mean, who would raise a stink about something when they were making $200,000 a year answering phones? Another big box store rip off of a company.

Well "honey" looks like you need to find another store to shop at.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Cartersville, Georgia - Credit no credit==give me a brake

this is my story ==a year or so i aplied for a creditcard and was approved. i had a 500.00 line ofcredit. i had charged about 300. paid it off on  orearly.by balance was 0. i decided to get some storm windows for my house for the winter.i spent 10.00 in gas, go in find my windowsjust a 187. i go to the check, guess whatmy good credit line now has dropped to 100.no notice no nothing . yes i destroyed my card right then.lowes sucks they don't need me and i don't need them ===

Lowes doesn't sell Brake's.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Rock Hill, South Carolina - Am very tired being treated ***

going to start by saying I am a lowes shopper no more, especially the one in rock hill, sc. even tho I know for a fact that you can back anything to this store and they will either give you cash or a card. but when it comes to knowlegde of anything in the store they do not compare to home depot. home depot will be were I shop at now, I am leaving lowes and their incompetent staff, from manager down to whomever. I cannot take being ignored anymore. and rock hill lowes is good about that. I am not the only one. what is up?

Incompetent...Hmmm with that attitude..IGNORE........ :p

View more comments (2)

Lowes - Installation Nightmare - Manager Incompetitance

OCT 2008: This past week, we bought two sets of mini-blinds at Lowes, Louisville, Colorado. There was a sign posted - $70 installation which we confirmed with the floor sales staff. The following day we called to set up the installation. After being transferred to the wrong person twice, we set up the initial appointment, where their sub-contractor comes to your home to measure your windows. The charge was $35 for the measuring, which could be "applied to the total contract cost." So far, so good. I then took the measurements and had the blinds trimmed (for free) at Lowe's. I then had the floor sales staff call the installers to let them know we were "good to go" and to put us on their list -which we understood could be about a week wait. Again, so far, so good. Then the trouble started. After I left the store, we received a call from the person at Lowe's who handles the installations that I needed to come back to the store "to sign an installation contract." I requested that it just be faxed. No can do, they said. I then asked to speak to the store manager... After a long wait, DAN answered. At best, he was perfunctory, but mostly unhelpful if not uncaring. He said not only could we not do a fax, but he started blaming the floor staff I spoke with at the time of sale for telling me I could handle this over the phone. He also blamed the installers who came to our home, saying they shouldn't have given us the measurements of our window wells before we signed a contract - (Say what? The measurements of our own window wells?). It gets worse. As directed, I had my fiance go to Lowes Louisville that same evening in order to "sign the contract." I expected this to be a five minute procedure. My fiance spent over an hour in frustration in the store. One other note: Because of the height of the blinds and the fact that the old blinds had to be removed, we had been told that there would be an additional $15 charge per window blind. Fine. That would mean, I figured about $70 more, when including the credit we had already paid - $35 - for the measuring. At first, the staff at Lowes hasn't any idea of what contract we need. After my fiance gets me on the phone to speak with the floor staff, they say "Oh, I think I know what you need." After a great deal of delay, I find myself on the phone once again with the store manager - DAN - who this time has had my fiance already sign a installation contract for well over $200! In addition, Dan is disputing that Lowe's even has a sign advertising a $70 installation offer, says he can't see it, and questions whether we even saw it. Again, he's blaming his floor staff. Again he's blaming his installers who came to our home for letting us photocopy their paperwork. If this wasn't unprofessional enough, he begins to argue with me about Home Depot, who is located about a half block away, who has a "whole house" 10 window treatment installation for an amazing $118. I'm trying to tell Dan, if he wants to keep our business, he might want to help us, not rudely defend himself and blame others. As it turns out, Lowe's won't allow my fiance to get back the paperwork (contract) she signed. After I get Lowe's staff back on the phone and demand it, they do allow her to cross off her signature. Furthermore, they keep the paperwork she brought to the store and even kept our receipts for the blinds. My fiance left, feeling completely disrespected. For the record, we have invested over $40,000 into two homes during the past four years, and have spent thousands at both Lowe's and Home Depot. From now on, it's Home Depot who gets our business. Buyer beware. Lowe's, in our experience is disorganized, lacks competence and shows little ability to work with frustrated customers, at least when this manager is involved. *****************************************

Going through the same thing now with Chattanooga TN store. Inept, incompetent, disorganized, and indifferent customer service!!! Never again.

lowes in louisville is just not a good store. we had the same kind of thing happen with windows.

Maybe it's a regional thing, but seriously, we do allow faxed, signed contracts in our store. We have done several, all with the approval of management.

And, not just with one department, but with all, be it appliances, flooring, cabinets, window/walls. Again, I have only worked in the one store, but our installed mgr/sales mgr have allowed this to be done on different occasions. Perhaps it is a state by state thing? Do not know.

And our district installed sales manager is in quite frequently and always goes over the contracts.

Again, when I have brought this up, I have been told by these people that faxing is OK. I too, feel that the customer should (needs) to be physically present.

Sorry retailer4life, you are wrong on one very important point. You may have faxed contracts before, but that doesn't make it right.

Email your AIM and they will confirm you can not fax a contract. Big no no.

I too am a Sales Specialist with Lowes, and YES he is right. (sorry)

The contract is a legal binding document and we can not have a photocopied signature when audits come thru or there is big trouble.

As for the fine print YES it is there, the sales staff should do a better job at explaining things like this. On behalf of the employees that provide quality service to their customers everyday at Lowes I apologise.

If you did not take this complaint to a corporate level, you should. You would be surprised to find out how much you can get accomplished.

PCLouisville, that Lowe's store manager is full of ******! I am a sales specialist with Lowes and know for a fact because I have done it, is fax a contract to a customer for an install, have them sign it, and then either bring it in or fax it back to us.

Our fax # is on ALL of our printers in the store. Now, on to the extra installation charges, Yes, there is a $70 blind installation posted in ALL of the Lowe's stores, perhaps this particular store manager should read his own advertisements?? But, and a big but here, as having worked in other retail establishments before Lowe's, ALL retailers could do a MUCH BETTER job with the fine print, be it Lowe's Sears, Home Depot, or all the others. The $118 HD offer is very similar to the Lowe's offer, "basic installation", which again, I wish all the stores would deliniate thouroughly for the customer to understand fully.

This simply means what it says....basic installation of regular size blinds, no unusual sizes, widths, heights, etc. I wish all the retailers would simply state "starting from $79..." And having a knowledgable sales specialist and management team there to help you, and listen to you, and be able to explain everything would help immensely as well.

Again, the way you were treated in this Lowe's was wrong, it's obvious to me as a Lowe's man that the specialist did a poor job of explaining the basic installation and the manager did an even worse job of rectifying the situation. Hopefully in a few months (or sooner), these individuals will be gone, and Lowe's can again earn your business.

View more comments (7)
Review

Lowes in Centreville, Virginia - Website says my local store has item.They DON'T

Lowe's website assured me that the local store has the item I need in "in stock and ready for delivery". When I called the store to check, I was told "that item is discontinued and is not in stock nor will it be in stock". Get with it, Lowes......don't have your website say one thing when in fact it's simply not true. You are SO not helpful! If this is how you run your business, I'd rather patronize the little Mom & Pop appliance store down the street (you know, the one's you've been putting out of business for years).

First off, so they don't have the item you wanted. Relax.

They have 45,000 items on hand and yes, at times their inventory is not correct. Move on with your life. Secondly, if you want to patronize the local 'mom and pop' place then do so. You obviously don't since you were at Lowe's in the first place.

Besides, at the mom and pop place you will pay twice as much, but you already know that.

Stop your *** and get off your *** and walk into the store and find your product if you want it that bad. A lazy is a lazy does.

Product
Lowes Website

Lowes in Reston, Virginia - Lowe's new kitchen applicances gone bad

We bought all new kitchen applicances from Lowe's & our first ones ever! Craig, our salesman & manager was very professional. From the delivery service which was rude, late, lost or left parts, cut wires without shutting off the electricity which caused a fireball in our kitchen to Naperville manager who cannot coordinate or take reponsibility, we will never buy an applicance or anything from them again. Our frig is damaged & their lack of service is horrible. Now our new frig is lost somewhere & still not here. We have talked to the Naperville Lowe's countless times. What a comedy of errors without the humor. No one cares! We own a small business & would never treat our customers in this manner. We would lose customers & now we are talking to their corporate office. We are considering talking to our attorney & the local newspapers. We really wish we would have gone with another private business owner who takes pride & reponsibility. Buyer beware!

I agree, I usually come on board here to defend Lowe's against meaningless, trivial accusations, but I do have to say that 3P, our delivery team, is perhaps the worst I have ever encountered. I cannot tell you how many irate phone calls i have taken concerning what they have done while delivering appliances to customers homes.

To Lowe's corporate, YOU need to bring back the in-store, care about the customer, know what you are doing delivery teams we USED to have!! Half the time, these 3P delivery guys cannot even speak english! Come on! Sadly, this type of delivery "service" is now pervasive across the board, be it us, Home Depot, Sears, etc.

They are all more or less "contracting out" their delivery services to these third party delivery companies all to save a buck. I wish I had the answer, but being nothing but a specialist within Lowe's, my voice is one that is not heard @ the corporate level.

Lowes Manager

Lowes in Hendersonville, North Carolina - Lousy warranty service

on sept 15th.i called lowes warranty service to have my lawn mower picked up for repair of the gas pedal.I was told there were 3 repair shops in my vicinity and they called the 1st one who said it would be 3 weeks before they could get it.the 2nd shop said they wouldn't travel to my house because it was 3 hrs away.thats totally untrue and the 3rd said he could pick it up and fix in 3 to 5 days.i said lets go with shelby outdoor power equipment and after many calls and complaining he finally showed up 10 days later.he complained about the lack of gas for his truck and i informed him all you have to do is call and explain why your not coming as promised.he said he would have it back in 5 days and a week at the most.after the week ended we called and was told he had to order a new gas pedal which he just received and would deliver the fixed lawn mower in 3 or 4 days after 5 days i called lowes warranty service and asked for their help since he is contracted by lowes to fox their lawnmowers but all they did was call him and he said 1 or 2 days he would be bringing it back.today i get a message left on phone from lowes saying they followed up a call to shelby and was told still working on it and next week is new delivery date.i certainly don't believe the end is near.to sum it up it has taken 1month so far to fix a gas pedal i'd hate to have a major repair done by shelby outdoor power.

:cry :cry :cry don't the general public understand the warranty is from the manufactor NOT LOWES .SAME FOR ANYOTHER RETAILER.WHY DON'T YOU *** AT THEM??? :?

:? :?

#41960

if only you really knew what it was like. i agree with retailer4life.

you should have called in sooner.

Thanks Wally .I guess retailer4life doesn't think we can see through the smoke and mirrors

Hey retailer4life, your explanation is just more *** spewing of what's causing lowes to be going down the tubes.

This truly IS NOT Lowe's fault here. Yes, we "contract" out repair facilities to do our warranty work, as do all major retailers, including Sears, Home Depot, etc.

and But ALL of these guys, in most cases, are "independents" meaning they do not work exclusively for one retailer or another. And yes, I've scratched my head a time or two dealing with guys like this myself.

Unfortunately, the number of repair shops in any area is indeed limited, we cannot pull reapir shops out of a hat like rabbits, and not knowing the complete situation, maybe there was an unusual situation with your equipment or perhaps the part from the manufacturer was on back order from another vendor? A lot of things could be @ play here, we do not know.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Delivery Service

Lowes in Rock Hill, South Carolina - Going down in a hand basket

What is up with the lowes in rock hill? Was in their the other night, and the store looked like a train wreck. Their was noone hardly in any department, and I went up to the check out line up by seems where the employees hang out. was trying to get the attention of this one young girl, who was too busy talking to the men, she totally ignored me, all I wanted to do was ask why their was noone working arond the ceiling fan area. This was friday 9-9-08. I got peaved, so I just walked out, and will never return. Some employees that work there are just down right rude. I work with the public, in the insurance business, and I know not to make a customer upset.

Hey retailer4life, you're a shining example of the low lifes at lowes.

retailer4life, Why were you kicked out of the marines? Is it because you were kicked out of the marines for killing babies?

Hey Sgt. Carter, Wally called, he wants you over to Doctor Bailey's too!

Gawd i would LOVE to have 5 minutes alone with you two *** in my Lowes bullpen one @ a time! Don't tell me you guys actually work for a living.

Oh wait, you guys are probably still in high school!! Well, better go, you 2 probably have "personal" things to do together, don't want to get you 2 all worked up!!

retailer4 life, is that you Pyle ??

Hey, Wally, this ex-Marine is ready anytime!! Oh, by the way, *** what branch of the service were you in??

i didn't think so.... Hoo Rah! Don't ask,,,,don't tell didn't work for you.

hey, Dr. Bailey just snapped on a fresh rubber glove..he's ready for ya!!

retailer4life, After you've completed psychotherapy, you'll feel like a new man. And you'll overcome your obsession for Wally.

Hey retailer4life, why in the world would I want go to lowes, unless it's just to kick your little ***? Home depot is a much better store.

and they have real customer service. Customer service is something that lowes doesn't have a clue about. Lowes only hire the *** of the earth as you have demonstrated .

Why do you think that Home Depot outsells lowes? Besides lowes is on its last leg anyway.

Hey Doctor Bailey, something tells me what part of the exam you like best, pal!! I bet wally's all excited for that part of it!!

retailer4life, If you’ll make an appointment with your personal physician, I’m positive he can refer you to a specialist so you can get the help you desperately need. I’m also positive you’ll be able to recover from any problems you may have. I also understand that you may not have the sufficient financial resources to get a full recovery, but I’m sure financial arrangements may be coordinated with your employer.

Hey, Ashley, go take some penicillin for the STD you got from your brothers. Your *** girlfriend needs to know the truth!!

It took this person a month to write this letter, yet they still did not check it over. This letter is a trainwreck with all the misspelligs.

retailer4life, how is Wally gonna recognize you among all the other low lifes?

Hey, Wally, wanna come into my Lowe's sometime, and get in my face and call me a low life?? Your boyfriend would not recognize you!!

What the heck did you expect? You should know that "big box" stores just hire low lifes and I'm surprised they get paid at all.

And why did it take over a month for you to post a complaint? You should've gotten over this by now.

Be patient. Life goes on.

There's a war going on and a huge election. More important things in life than "does that fan have a remote control".

View more comments (14)

Lowes in Reston, Virginia - 2 failed water heaters

2 failed water heaters and I was told to take them apart and figure out what was wrong with them. Then I should disconnect them and bring them back. Who supposed to pay for the plumber to connect and disconnect each time. Whirlpool was so rude, they went as far as hanging up on me and said it was my problem. At no time was I rude or unreasonable. Lowes said it was out of their hands. Deal with Whirlpool. This goes back and forth and I'm out the time and the money for the plumber visits. Let alone the number of trips to return the hotwater heaters.