Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

The Truth about Lowes

I would like to start off by saying, I hope to not offend any one w/ this statement. I am an employee of Lowes. Just as you have your horror stories, we have ours. I love working with the public and truly love helping customers. But, I have been cussed, spat on, had things thrown at me. Even w/ this being said, I still love helping others. It takes a polite, responsible,patient, courteous, and mature person to work in retail. It is not for everyone. Please remember, when you go into your neighborhood Lowes, we want to help you. We may not be able to answer all of your questions, but we sure will try. Afterall, do you honestly think that all of us want to upset, offend, or sell the wrong product? No, we don't. We are only humans. At some point, mistakes happen. I undertand it costs you, the consumer, money, time and patience. And of course, there are always employees that do not care whether or not you get help, or even get the right thing. And, it only takes one rotten to spoil the whole bunch. Sometimes, you just need to look a little harder to find the perfect one. We are out there, we are the ones who try to solve your problems. We are the ones who load vehicles for the elderly just because it is the right thing to do. We are the ones who think about an unhappy customer after we leave work. We are the ones who wonder what could we have done different to make the customer happy. We are the ones who try to help you even though we are in an area we know nothing about. We are the ones who call you if you drop or lose something. We are the ones who see you struggling w/ something and grab you a cart BEFORE you ask. We are the ones who truly do care. And yes, WE ARE OUT THERE! I will not say which store I work at, just that it is in the south. I am not in management, just a small little employee w/ a heart and a voice. If you learn anything from this message, I hope it is to be compassionate and understanding. Afterall, I still am after years in retail.

retailer4life youre a liar...lowes service sucks and you know it. And who "made" you read these forums.

***

Uhm, honestly, I worked for Lowe's for 3 years, worst retail experience in my life so far. Managers were 10 years younger than me and I was 32 at the time.

Regional didn't care, corperate didn't care, they treated us like push button robots, worked 60 hr weeks and maybe a 2 day weekend off every 3 months.

You complain, you got written up and eventually axed. Worst place I have ever worked.

Hey Wally, stop dreaming about getting in Dr. Bailey's *** and give me some facts about customer service, pretty boy!!

Before you call me one!

You know you can't these arguments on this sight, It's like taking candy from a baby going head to head against sapa like you! You can only come back with a little smirky one-liner, that alone is a clear indicator of the intelligence difference going on here!

Hey retailer4life, you're a *** and a shining example of what customer service is not.

This, in a nutshell, sums up what we @ Lowe's truly are. We are there to help, NOT be ridiculed, made to read all the tripe the complainers have to write about in these forums, I have called out several of the "complainers" personally on this site, and of course when I've challenged them with the facts, they no longer communicate!!

Truth about Lowes nailed it, in my book. To you complainers, take it elsewhere!

View more comments (4)

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Excess installation charges

recently i had a microwave installed above the stove and under a cabinet by lowes and was charged a extra fee for what the installer said was a modification by adding a flex exhaust pipe and laying a 1x3 peice of wood across the inside of the cabinet as the exhaust pipe hole was to large to bolt the microwave to / i call this normal instalation not a modification / for this i was charged a extra $55 by the installer / i wish to thanks lowes for the store credit i just recived for $55 and the consumer complaint line for getting this coreccted / sincerally david sandefur

my gosh you all are mean, no wonder I do it myself, I wouldn't want to do business with any of you! $400 for a microwave install is outrageous, it;s so easy a girl can do it...I'd charge half and feel I got paid a fortune.

It's no wonder Menards doesn't offer installation. Look at all the complaints about installation on Lowes and Home Depot installation from consumers who don't want to pay for the work needed. They don't need the headaches guys like this cause.

You consider what normal installation? Are you an electrician or contractor?

Nope you're not...I'm quite sure you were informed in the contract that additional charges may apply..you jus want something for nothin. Real classy of you.

Mr Sandefur, your success should be congratulated. Some of the comments here show just how some of Lowes' outlets are out to *** out of your hard earned money. I'm sure if they had been in your shoes they'd be ***' and moanin'.

Must agree with retailer4life. David Sandefur, had you gone with ANY electrician to do that same job, it would have cost at a MINIMUM $400, and that is IF any electrician would come out for such a *** little job.

You just stole $55 from the pockets of the workers at that store, not Lowes itself. Hope you are proud of yourself.

Okay, ***, LISTEN REAL CLOSE here, NORMAL INSTALLATION is just that....NORMAL installation. WHENEVER a contractor i.e.

installer has to do anything more to make something fit. it is ALWAYS an additional charge! Do you do work for free?? Why don't you just go back to Lowe's and complain that the whole friggin' microhood should be free, too??

Please all of you people, go through Lowe's @ pissed consumer and read my other posts, this is getting ridiculous!! I just wish you "know it alls" (who know NOTHING at all about retail) would come into my appliance dept. sometime!! Jeez.....

And before you *** respond with your childish replies, take a good long look in your mirror and realize the problems we encounter as sales specialists, be it Lowe's Home Depot, Menards, etc. ALL start and end with you "know it alls".

Gawd... come on retirement age so I can get out of this!!

View more comments (5)
Lowes Installation

Lowes In Stillwater Oklahoma

I have three simply amazingly BAD major experiences with Lowes here in Stillwater ..all in the past four months. My bad experience ranges from them losing a refrigerator and claiming that someone else picked it up!.... to having a complete *** and incompetent installer come over and mis measure a patio door ..and then not standing by the error... and then re ordering the wrong door... It is incredible but we have very few other options here. The people just don't care and are not well trained...a seven year old could do better than most of these people...

this sounds like a lowes typical shopping experience that i have every time I go into that store.

#822034

Hello I am Beverly I paid for 3 details on Tuesday 27th. I met a very pleasant gentleman in plumbing.

Even though the computer was running slow and the printer was not working he tried to hold it together. I then went to millwork and flooring. All the folks were pleasant even though short staffed. Well that retail.

I was told I would be contacted with in 48 hrs. The flooring installer was on the ball. He called me same day and was here on Wednesday to do the detail. The Plumbing installer I have not seen nor heard from.

It is now Friday. My husband had me go back and return the toilet and cancel the install. When I told the return gal we were not called and no one came, she said "we aren't perfect." Oookkk. My money is perfect.

I still did not here from the installer for millwork. It is Friday afternoon. I got a call from Lowes and the gentleman on the phone let me know that they had my measurements and I had to come into the store to choose my flooring. I told him I already did also the insulation for under the wood.

He replied. " Well all I have to do is make the calls." Ooookkk. The store manager has not done a one on one for customer service with his employees.

I always hair how pleasant the south is. I guess Oklahoma is not part of the south or is it that this Lowe's just sucks.

You know if you have a problem with Lowes, you should at least be brave enough to give your name. Most people don't read comments from anonymous people.

Lowes has never given us any problems.

We really like the store. Thanks, Barbara

@Barbara

Let me guess, Barbara--you're on the Lowe's payroll. Do you really think that posting your first name counts for anything?

Thanks! Barbara Too

I purchased a Frigidare refrigerator from Lowes in Stillwater in Feb 2009. May 15, 2010 the compressor stopped working.

Since it was over a year, Lowes wouldn't warranty the unit since I didn't buy the extended warranty.

So I ordered a new one from Sears with a 5 year extended warranty. Yes they deliver in Stillwater.

Okay, first off! WE ARE NOT ALL NATIVE AMERICAN'S IN OKLAHOMA!!

We don't all live on a reservation in a *** teepee you *** wipe! And second off, most of the employees are college students just trying to get through school so bear with us!

:zzz ,

This person needs to grow up... Uh...What do you think?

Hmmm.... me thinkum that if paleface in Stillwater is shopping in big home improvement teepee he must be being waited on by brave in red vest just offem reservation! Just giv'em a chance, after all, you're in OKLAHOMA for gosh sakes!!

View more comments (7)
Loss

Lowes in Rock Hill, South Carolina - What a messed up store

Rock Hill lowes is the worst lowes of them all, in my opinion, when you go in there and go to a certain department, either there is noone around and you ask some other employee, and they do not know anything. this is really frustrating, what gives. cannot they find people with knowledge? I cannot wait for the waxhaw store to open up because I live in Lancaster, I will go there, so I don't have to put up with rock hill lowes, and sometimes when you go up to customer service, some of them women ( thats all I see anyway) they get an attitude that just gets my blood to boil. come on Waxhaw Lowes open soon, please.

LOWES ROCKS

Lowes does NOT Price Match

How great of Lowes to pride themselves on a guarantee competitor Price Match. However, they are NOT willing to price match their own Store. That's right one Lowes in one part of town has one price and the other Lowes a couple of miles down the road has another price - and guess what - they will NOT match it. Even after the first Lowes told me to go on to the other store and get the item there, for they were out of stock. So guess what Lowes - I guarantee that I will take my business to your competitors instead.

Same problem after another lowes employee said they would price match and to go to another store. How ***!

Taking my business elsewhere over 70.00 when I am a contractor. Hope it was worth it to lose customers!!

I know this is an old thread, but it's now 2013. I just had this happen to me.

Lowes in La Habra, CA is selling 28"x32" replacement glass for cheaper than Lowes in Chino, CA.

Items are the same brand, same size, same everything. They refused to match, even with their guarantee stating that they don't match other Lowes stores. When asked why, they couldn't give me an answer. :roll

Also I worked with lowes from 2006-2008.

I bought an outdoor light fixture and needed two more, but Lowes was out of stock. They initially checked stock at another local store & suggested I go there, but I didnt have the time that day to drive over, so at the suggestion of Customer Service they pre-ordered the fixtures telling me it should only be a couple of days as six more were on order.

The item was on sale for $43.16 (down from $54). Since I paid that day, I was charged the sale price on the lights. I have checked back every Tuesday and Friday (apparently their stocking days) & now a month later & I'm still waiting for these "regular stock" items to arrive. Not only am i still waiting, but i was told that the items are now priced at $36.

I was going to return my pre-paid order for a Lowes store credit & go to other area Lowes (6 miles away) to pick up the same fixtures since they had them in stock, but the want even more than the pre-sale $54 price! I explained the situation & asked if they would honor the other stores price, but was told that they had different district pricing ant could not.

Guess I'll take the one fixture down and return all 3. Good thing Home Depot is a block away as well!

I work at Lowes and I KNOW they price match other stores just because the Lowes in your area doesnt you dont need to be writing these *** *** lies get a job and get a *** LIFE. I totally agree with you, retailer4life. Our store we price match the other Lowes in our area.

I agree with Me1. I live in Wichita, and work near Derby.

I also work in retail, so I don't want to hear any lame defenses from the sarcastic retailer4life. I found, at the Derby, KS location, some tile flooring on sale. I needed about 100 sq. feet.

They had about 19 sq. feet, but I was told there was more at the West Wichita location. The flooring was not damaged or dented. I went to the West store to buy the rest, and it was more expensive there.

I went to the customer service desk and asked for a price match. They told me that they do not price match other Lowe's stores. I think that is retarded. Same with a toilet that was clearanced.

I understand this was clearanced, but why is it different among the same chain? I work in a chain store and we have the same prices on everything across the nation.

Sometimes a signature store may have an additional sale. If that occurs and a customer says something, we will match the price.

Listen up Mr.IloveLowes4Life you have been a bigger pain in the butt then the Lowes I went to in Hialeah, FL. I dont know why you would want to contact them - I got what I wanted it just took 3 people and about 30 minutes of arguing - so go ahead call them up if you want and post what ever the *** you want to post - As for me1, I am done with you and with Lowes. buh -bye

The responses by retailer4life are typical of lowes bs. If lowes keep people like him around, it won't be long that he will worry about a paycheck, because lowes will be out of business.

Well, I guess I put a quick end to Me1's poor excuse to PROVE we would not price match the same item!! As stated before, ALL he had to do was post the town the Lowe's was in, and give a NAME and I would contact them personally and post the reason why the item was not matched.

Anyone else out there smell something fishy from him?? My offer's still good, Me1, just give me a name and a store, buddy, and I'll post the results for ALL to see!

Me1 (thank goodness there's not 2 of you!) , you STILL have not addressed the fact there was indeed A REASON the other store would not honor the other store's sale price!!! There is a reason why you are not telling the whole story here.

Give me the town the store is in, I will contact that store myself, and post the true story why they would not honor the sale price.

You say you are in retail?? My gosh, man, you mean you actually have to deal with people like you???

I am in retail myself and know how things work that is why I am so mad that this company of your Lowes does not work with customer:

1. it was a toilet on sale at a lowes in the east side of town. It was on display on sale but theyr were out of stock. Was told to go to the west side of town whom had 6 available.

2. The toilet on the west side was not on sale it was reg. price - same toilet, same sku, same everything

3. Plumbing employee said to go up front to customer service desk and explain to the manger the situation.

4. Manager had a fit - and after 30 minutes of discussion agreed to let me have it at the sale price.

THE END

Hey, anchorbanger, or should I say *****banger, pretty brave there when your safe and sound in your mommy's arms, aren't ya? I stand by my comments 100% pal, you know they're true, I'm tired of dealing with moronic customers, try it sometime, you'll have to deal with people like you....and by the way, I've written checks for $100,000, have you? , my paychecks are pretty secure young man!

anchorbanger

Lowes still sucks. So dont be all smarmey Mr.

Lowes Manager guy.

I had a $2,300.00 entry & storm door that took 11 months to get straightened out. The guy is a customer, ya know the people that MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A PAYCHECK

Now, Now, Now, Me1, if you're going to come on this site and complain about our price matching guarantee, please be upfront and tell the whole story! What you were obviously looking at was a clearance, discontinued or what we call a "scratch and dent".

These prices are often determined by the individual store. if it was a scratch and dent item, then yes, it would be marked down, we do it all the time, but that does not mean the other store would sell you a brand new one for the other stores scratch and dent price. One other possibility, is that the other store forgot to take down an expired sale sign, then again, the other store would not be responsible for the other stores mistake.

And if the associate in that other store told you to go to the other store, then again, that is that stores fault, NOT the Lowes you ended up going to. It's OK to gripe, Me1, but ALWAYS tell the WHOLE STORY when you do!

View more comments (12)

Lowes in Baltimore, Maryland - Too busy to be bothered

I can't express my disapointment with the Lowes of Columbia, MD branch. I went in to get an estimate for granite counter tops, and explained to the sales person (Wade) that the counter was 10' long and "L" shaped. The rep responded to me by handing me a small piece of paper and saying "I need you to draw me a picture". Okay, I'm no rocket scientist, but even a 5 yr old knows what the letter "L" looks like. The rep continued to respond in short answers and unwillingness to help. Sending this to Corporate HQ today.

:cry Just the shape of the letter L is NO INDICATION of LENGTH and WIDTH>>>Which the guy would need to give you a GUESSTIMATE..why didn't you just pay the n$35.00 to have them come out and measure to give you a "True estimate". Why not come in with measurements? :eek

Isn't it YOUR job to help them start if they are clueless?! That is why you are titled sales specialist or sales rep ... quit whinning that others need their hands held and step up to the plate/job and say, "this is what I am going to need to help you get started."

You said ...

Wow...it is customers like you that really need to quit thinking that every *** time you walk into a retail store that your hand is going to be held as you shop. Do your homework before coming in! I\'m sorry but the sales specialist isn\'t going to just pull a number out of their ***, there are far too many variables. Next time you want to know a price on countertops put down the *** cheetos, grab a tape measure, and sketch out what your going to need.

I have to agree with ea789, you don't seem to understand what goes into designing a kitchen or counter top. I used to work for Home Depot and we would get customer in there all the time that were clueless on home improvements or the processes involved. Stop watching these designs programs on HGTV and do your homework prior to coming in, it would save everyone involved a great deal of time.

your 2 comments dont really agree with eachother. did you actually have dimensions, or did you just point to a display and say "my kitchen is about that size"? it sounds to me like you probably didnt have actual dimensions with you.

if that IS the case, the salesman was absolutely correct in showing you the samples and prices on the board to give you an idea on prices until you came back with actual dimensions.

from what you originally posted, why would you have even gotten a manager involved? the salesman was just doing his job.

While I appreciate the response, this still does not account for bad customer service. Once the manager got involved the service rep (Wade) stated "that's not how he say it happening" and then turned his back to both of us and another sales rep THEN pointed out there was a chart with samples and prices that I could use a starting point.

Yes, an "L" is a basic shape, but to quote a countertop accurately, he needed to know if you had a 90 degree or 45 degree corner. This not only affects the amount of square footage, but most fabricators charge a few hundred dollars more for a 45 degree cut.

Anyone who had NOT asked you that would have probably mis-quoted your countertop.

I design kitchens and the reason we make YOU draw it is because many customer try to hold us to a "quoted" price, even if they gave us the wrong dimensions, or forget to mention a special depth or radiused corners, etc. If you draw the top, you have to be accountable for at least the shape of the countertop.

View more comments (6)
Lowes Estimate

Lowes in Danbury, Connecticut - Lowe's, attempted to dump wrong product on me.

I ordered hardwood pellets for my stove. I paid for them on a Friday. No problem 37 tons in stock. Monday the delivery shows up with the cheaper softwood pellets. I told the driver that I ordered hardwood pellets. He called the store then told me that they sold out of the hardwood pellets. I told him take them back. I called corporate and was told the store manager would get back to me. I got a call saying there was a mistake. The hardwood pellets were in the warehouse. I gave them a hour to get the right pellets to me. They did. I let them know I wasn't happy about this. All I get is "it was a mistake and they corrected it. I'm sure if the pellets were delivered to someone who didn't check, they would have received a cheaper product and possibly not known the difference. I can see the wrong pellets being loaded. But to be told that they were all sold out after I discovered it, doesn't fly. Especially when they did have what I ordered at the store.

ok, not the end of the world, but would they called him and given him a refund for the cheaper one, i think not.

Relax, they made a mistake and then promptly fixed it. It's not the end of the world and they didn't do it on purpose. There are more important things in life to focus on than a simple mistake.

View more comments (1)
Lowes Manager

Lowes Terre Haute Indiana incompetent ordering and installation

I ordered an exterior door with 'professional' installation. They ordered the wrong door, the installer (Ron Grub) arrived late, unprepared, and left early with job unfinished for first install appt. Was a no-show no-call for the second appt. Forgot parts on the third install appt, and was late for the fourth (and I hope final) install appt. I've called Lowes for assistance in getting the install completed and they've been of little help. Since I had to pay up front for the whole thing I guess there was no incentive. I will never do business with the Terre Haute Lowes again. If you find that you have to and they refer you to Ron Grub as a 'professional' installer, get a prescription for valium because you'll need it.

yes, as a Lowe's man, I do have to say that virtually all of our installers fall into this category. I know there are indeed a few good ones out there, but they are indeed few and far between.

And sadly, this is not just a Lowe's problem.

You see, Lowe's, Home depot, and all the others contract out for their installation services, and unfortunately, if these guys were the "cream of the crop", so to speak, they would not have to do install jobs for ANY of the big blue or orange box stores, they would have PLENTY of individual jobs lined up if only from word of mouth. I know as a Lowe's person myself, I would have second thoughts about any of these guys coming into my home, and if you use them, do not be afraid to ask for their credentials when you greet them at your door, you might be surprised what you're told by them.

Lowes Installation

Lowes in Worcester, Massachusetts - Lousy service with service advantage plan

My Frigidaire refrigerator quit refrigerating. By the time I discovered this, I had lost all of the food in my freezer and refrigerator. I called the Lowe's Service Advantage number given to me by the local store in which I purchased the appliance. Could hardly understand the person on the other end due to language barrrier. Was told I would receive a phone call within 24 -48 hrs. I'm still waiting for that phone call 1 week later. Noone locally will come and repair it due to the parts under warranty. I have since purchased a new refrigerator due to unknown timeframe of fixing the broken one. Calling the 800 number is worthless. They won't put you through to a supervisor, nor provide contact information for the regional or corporate office. When I did originally call, I expressed concern to the foreign speaking gentleman, that I was on alert for deployment to the gulf coast in response to Hurricane Ike. I am a medical professional, and was awaiting the call to go. I explained to him that I was not comfortable leaving my wife and two small children behind with no refrigerator. I was hoping to at least get someone to look at it as expeditious as possible. I was again reassured that my concern was documented and forwarded to the regional office. Still waiting for word back from the regional office. I called approximately 56 hours after the original call to check on status. I was told that there is no local technicians to provide service, and that my file is still being worked on by the regional office. As a business man and healthcare professional in the same town in which I purchased the appliance, I find this business practice absolutely pathetic. What a "*** poor" way to treat your customers! I was forced to purchase out of pocket a new refrigerator, and replace the well over $200.00 worth of food that was lost at no fault of my own.

This is a letter of complaint regarding my manufacture warranty under my LG appliance. This product was purchased in July/2014 with an additional warranty coverage plan.

On May 28, 2015 I called Lowes service and advantage 1-888-775-6937 to open a claim regarding my dishwasher, schedule a company service call. My appliance is making a high pitched whistling sound during the entire cycle when operating. I was given a scheduled date of Friday 06/05/15 with a company A.J. appliance service between the hours of 1-5:00pm.

On 06/05/15 at 12:30pm I get a phone call from a representative with Lowes service stating that the AJ appliance was cancelling my service call scheduled last minute. I had already left work thinking that I would need to be in the home between the hours of 1-5:00pm waiting for service person to arrive. I was told by the Lowes rep that AJ appliance was over booked and couldn’t make my scheduled appointment. The Lowes representative then gave me a reschedule appointment for Monday 06/08/15 between the hours of 1-5:00pm with a company called A.E.

appliance. I took this appointment missing more time off work. The technician arrived at 2:30pm, he was an older gentleman. He states that he heard the whistling sound when he first arrived at my home; put wasn’t able to hear it after awhile.

I’m still hearing the noise as I’m standing right next to the tech. I turned off my TV, turned off house fans trying to help this elderly man hear this high pitch sound that’s clearly coming from my appliance. The man then tells me to call the service rep back and schedule a different appointment with another tech that he has hearing issues and can’t hear the sound the dishwasher is making. The tech gave me a receipt of his visit.

The next day I called once again Lowes service line, explained what the tech had said to reschedule with another company that would be able to hear this high pitch sound this appliance is making. I’m given an appointment with A.J. appliance on Friday 06/12/15 1-5:00pm, the company was a no show!

I called the service number06/12/15 again asked to speak with a supervisor her name was Pam, I explained what was happening the cancelations last minute, no shows, sending a Tech to my home that is elderly and has a known hearing problem. The concern/complaint is written in my file as to why I’m requesting service a LOUD pitch whistling noise!

The issue I have here is that this product is still under manufacture warranty and is covered, which was paid for by ME the costumer.

This issue needs to be settled I am sending my complaint to LG services and to Lowes services. I have copies of all emails from Lowes confirming all scheduled or rescheduled appointments.

We are having the same problem with our extended warranty on our new Whirpool washing machine. They came out and said we needed new parts.

Now we cannot get them to come out to install the parts that have been here via UPS.

Friendly people with NO knowledge of their vendor as to whom can or cannot work on appliances! Would rate them at a minus 100 for service!

I will NOT buy another major appliance that requires Me to use the Advantage Protection Plan from Lowes! I have all the respect for the Lowes store Manager (JT) in Cleburne, Texas!!

Disclaimer, I painted in my younger years but haven't painted in years. You guys either got a horribly bad batch of paint or you must have been expecting the paint to be pro style without having to pay for a pro actually doing it.

I read these reviews after buying a gallon of flat white for a weekend project. It made me so paranoid I decided to test one support board nobody would see. I painted the whole board (2"x4"x6') then walked away and 20 minutes later it was dry. I was surprised so naturally I put another coat on (because that's how you paint).

No complaints so far but I'll send an update after a night of drying.

There is no paint that exists that you can just put one coat on and walk away and it'll be perfect for 5 or 20 years. Also it seems that most complaints are for semigloss and gloss....so to be fair I have only used flat.

All appliances have a year warranty and they ask if you want the additional year. What I have found is that if it cant be repaired take it back to the store and ask to speak to the store manager only - if not in ask for the district manager - if no answer call the corporate number.

Most returns will give you another until they get someone in the store to fix yours or in most cases give you one of equal value. And for goodness sakes take responsibility for your own purchases and SAVE YOUR RECIEPT!

I CALLED IN TO GET MY CABRIO WASHER REPAIRED WHILE COVERED UNDER ITS EXTENDED WARRANTY. I WAS REFERRED TO A SUB CONTRACTOR.THEY DIAGNOSED MY WASHER OVER THE PHONEWHICH I ASKED THEM HOW THEY COULD DO THAT.THEY REPLIED WE FIX SO MANY OF THESE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TELL US WHAT ITS DOING.WE DONT HAVE TO LOOK AT IT.I WAS TOLD THREE DAYS BUT TEN DAYS LATER THEY SHOW UP.THEY HAD THE WRONG PARTS OF COURSE SO BACK THEY GO TO THE SHOP.WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY SAID THE PARTS ARE ORDERED BUT COULD NOT TELL ME WHEN THEY COULD RETURN TO FIX IT. WE ARE VERY UNHAPPY AND WILL NEVER BUY APPLIANCES AT LOWES OR AN EXTENDED WARRANTY.WE STILL ARE WITHOUT A WASHER AND HAVE EIGHT ADULTS FIVE KIDS AND SIX DOGS LIVING WITH BECAUSE OF POWER OUTAGES AND BAD STORMS IN OUR AREA.PLEASE DONT BUY LOWES.

My husband and I purchased a washer from Lowe. Before too long, it began to bray and bellow, so we called the service department and were referred to a local repair shop that Lowes subcontracts. The first time their rep came out, he needed to go get parts. He dropped in the next week, and needed more parts. The week after, he decided that he didn't know what was wrong with it, so he left again. The next time he came back, much later, was a demand performance, and since a month of study hadn't diagnosed the problem, he wanted to take it with him, and fix it in the shop. About a month later, the guy shows up with the washer and swears it's fixed, however, his back is injured, his dog is birthing puppies, his wife is due home any moment, etc, and he can't get the machine back in the house.

The friendly local village *** (me) told him to go on--I'd get someone to move it in. I did get some local kids to install the washer, and I turned it on. It didn't bray or bellow anymore, it gave one thin, agonized screech and died forever.

So I called the shop, and was curtly told that whoever carried the machine inside must have "done sumpun to it".

I'd paid over $150.00 in parts, and was guaranteed a serious chewing by my husband, so I called the dude some creatively nasty names, questioned his parentage, and gave him my august opinion of his little hole-in-the-wall repair shop.

Then I called Lowes. After about twenty minutes of being shifted from here to there, I was informed that they could give me deep sympathy and the name of another repair shop...

So I gave them, the repair shop, and the Better Business Bureau my written opinion of the entire farce, threw the old washer out, bought a good one from Sears, and went my merry way. May I add that my merry way doesn't stray to Lowes--I haven't darkened their door in two years.

*** once is okay, most times, but *** twice leads to extinction.

Retailer4life,

Thanks for the comments. I did try local repair services.

All the same answer. We don't work on appliances under warranty coverage. Frigidaire's answering service gave me the same answers as well. Noone to service your area.

Apparently I live in a vaccum of space that noone can find or wants to come to. LOL I did speak with the manager, and once providing proof of purchase, he may be able to help me out. I've also corresponded with the Lowe's Customer Care Center.

They too have been courteous and helpful. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Usually what we do in our Lowe's is give the customer one of our local authorized repair providers. We usually avoid the 800 service advantage number because as stated here, you are routed to a national call center who then routes it to a servicer.

Every Lowes I know, unless you are in a very unusual area, has at least 1 local servicer. When we give our customers one of these numbers, in many cases they get service later that same day. We do try to avoid the 800 number whenever possible. Also, irregardless as to where the refrigerator was purchased, also having been on that end as well, any Frigidaire repair facility is authorized to do those repairs for you, again provided that the unit is still under manufacturer's warranty.

I am sure there would would have to be someone locally to help you. Also, in closing, I would make sure the Lowes store manager (not the appliance sales associate) is made aware of this.

View more comments (8)

Lowes in Monroe, New York - Useless Lowe's furniture warranty

Bought 3 patio love seats from Lowes, still under warranty when button on back cushion fell off. Called disrtibutor - none left, no help. Manufacturer is overseas, no help. Called Lowe's Customer Assistance, no help. Called store Manager where we bought them, no help: None in stock, can't replace. WILL reimburse cost of whole seat if returned, but then we can't replace with matching one (bad solution). Won't reimburse for repair, even though Lowe's warranty states "We will, at our sole discretion, REPAIR IT (caps mine), replace it, or refund your money based on your method of payment." We're stuck with defective furniture. Nice. We're no longer Lowe's customers.

Hey, SRB427, I guess you realized you were in a winless argument here. But like you said, you're 57, probably OD'd on the metamucil since last we spoke!! :grin

Is Lowes4life mr. Niblock?

Or...

is he really the president of Sears? Stay tuned.....

I can see how many who complain on here can take any response comments seriously. I could say I am the president of Sears and some would believe me.

Dont believe everything you read on the internet - some people who respond may be employees of some typw of retail store or maybe even have worked for a Lowe's at one time, and now work for the competition pretending to speak out for the company you are complaining about. Most of that furniturecomes from overseas and there is no replacement hardware or accessories, the best they will do is give you your money back. Although if it were me and I was happy with the furniture and all it was was a button I would try and fix it myself and save the gas to stop in.

If it were a manufacture defect I would have started with the manager on duty, then asked for the operations manager, if you didnt get any resolve ask for the store manager and then the district manager everyone has a supervisor. All in all the Dept Manager of inside lawn and garden should have been able to take care of your request.

Hey, srb427, pretty quick with the jabs when your'e safe, arent ya? You might be 57, 50 more than your IQ, but I'm digressing here, so back to the issue at hand, since your OBVIOUSLY SOOOOO SMART compared to the rest of us, you must also know that Lowes does not manufacture the seat cushions!!

If the manufacturer no longer makes them, what do you expect us to do?? Many times the manufacturer will not take merchandise back, this in turn leads to higher prices for all down the road.

You would have (NOW READ REAL CLOSELY NOW SINCE YOU'RE 57 AND KNOW IT ALL) had this same response from Home Depot, or any other retailer. The managers cannot just do what they (we) want, we have guidelines just as you do in your job, that we, and you, must follow, so just remember that.

Dear bigger idiots (retailer4life and CJ),

Shame this site allows name-calling losers like you to comment without knowing what you're talking about. A) The seats/cushions were less than one month old and still within warranty.

B) As stated, manufacturer is overseas and Lowe's Customer Assistance couldn't give me contact info for them. C) If you had the slightest idea what you were talking about, you'd realize these cushion-buttons aren't just "sewn on", but require a special tool to insert the connecting thread inside the cushion in such a way as to anchor them properly, not something as easy as "just sewing them on". D) Taking back ALL the seats just brings us back to where we started: no patio seats and none available we want to replace them. Funny how you think the whole back cushion costs $4.00!

But obviously you mental giants work for Lowe's, or you wouldn't react so childishly. By the way, I'm 57 and know what any decent retail store should be responsible for.

Kudos to cj!! We @ Lowes have really had it with moronic customers like this!

Also, just HOW OLD were the cushions? Some manufacturer's do give long warranties on their products, but HOW LONG did you actually have them? I bet a lot longer than buying a 25 cent button and sewing the thing back on was worth!

And to chevrolet.....That's probably what your parents said after they had to introduce you to the family after you were born!! :grin

Hey ***! They will take back not only the defective unit, but all of them.

So they are following their policy to the tee.

Besides, what kind of *** are you that you can't sew a button back on a $4 cushion? Serioulsy, shop at Wal-Mart, I'm sure the your local Lowe's employees with thank you.

chevrolet