store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

Window Installations - Logan WV | Lowes review from Middleport, Ohio

My mother-in-law had Lowe's install 4 Pella windows. The windows are great. However, the installation looks TERRIBLE!!! There is no window ledge & some of the trim was cut short. Instead of recutting the trim strips and boards, they just caulked the gaps. The windows were purchased in Logan, WV. If you buy windows from Lowe's of Logan, WV, get your own installer. I am truly displeased with this Lowe's. The manager promised to follow-up with us and has still not gotten back to us. Before it is over, Lowe's will probably blame Pella. Again, do NOT let Lowe's install your windows.

We are getting ready to purchase 15 windows and install from lowes of beckley ,pella, what should we be aware of for our protection this is a big purchase for us. they have already measured and gave us an estimate, now what

haha lowes for windows, shouldve just went to sears. there installer put in windows one day and sinks the next, should have called a WINDOW COMPANY, im sure you overpayed as well most of there products are cheap and generic. Yes even pella has cheap and generic windows that they would never sell to a cutomer only to large department stores, who want something cheap and generic.

Joe B

Your problem isn't with Lowe's. It's your contractor you need to be mad at.

Whenever you purchased your window and whenever your bid came through the Installed Sales department, a contractor accepted the bid and at that point he claims all responsibility for the project. Lowe's really doesn't have anything to do with your problem but because they care about their customers, they will do what they can to keep you happy.

Charleston, WV

www.lowesceo.co

View more comments (3)

Lousy product supplier | Lowes review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

90% of the time i shop at lowes i can not find the product needed. it seems that they need more educated people too order the right products. if you are lucky too find what you need . you cannot find any of the accesories to go with it.i am talking about every day items. plus the store i deal with is the only supplier in the area. or i would shop other places. they drove out the other building suppliers. and now they cannot stock the right supplies. also do not even try to ask an employee a question. they do not have a clue as to what you are asking 60% of the time

Bill Lowes isnt the only person that sells poulan so its not their fault...yet another example of someone being ignorant about whats going on? People shop where the best service and prices are..so if any small business wants to compete then they have to be friendlier and have better prices.

and for your question about dept.

jobs..they have people in every dept and they are trained for that dept. It would be impossible for someone to know everything about every dept....but of course it sounds like you wouldnt need any help anyway because you obviously know everything!

Keep the local little guys in business!These major chains are here one day out the next. I agree, they should hire people that know what their selling.

The computers may be ordering what is selling but, someone has to be the buyer, whoever they are, they should keep quality in mind also.These stores claim to be here to service us. Why is there 40 employees walking around, why is there different department jobs???? Because they are hired to sell us what we need or there wouldnt be a need for them.I purchased 2 different pieces of outdoor power equipment from Lowes, a blower and a chain saw. The blower never started and the chainsaw was just plain dangerous.

Never go up into a tree with a poulan. Shop local service is great and they stand behind what they sell.

The computer automatically orders stock when it runs out. What exactly was it you were looking for...the truth be known it probably wasnt an everyday item...and most times its the customer that is uneducated or just misinformed about what they are doing and they blame it on the worker for not agreeing with what they think they need! I shop there all the time and I'm never surprised at how ignorant some people are and how they act because an item is out or the employee doesnt know exactly what they need...but yet they dont even know what they need.

View more comments (2)

Lowes Floor Installation RipOff

Had a tile floor installed by Lowes and the installation was very bad. Lowes gave us a very hard time to fix the problem and after one year they refunded some of our money. Numerous tiles were not level, grout was not installed correct and some tiles are loose. Make sure you watch the workman or better, have a Home Inspector stop in a fews times to check up on them. If there are any problems have the home inspector write a report and make sure to take pictures. I thought by Lowes doing the Install I would get a very Professtional job, but the results were like I hired a Handyman and I payed double what a handyman would charge

maybe someone needs to figure out that a company like Lowe's is not set up to do jobs right. They are not accountable for their subs the way a local store is. www.chooseacoop.com

you had no problem taking the money in return which is shut the *** up money!!!! Lowes always caters to the customer it makes me sick to see the same a== h000les get money for mistakes as a human ...you take the money u have no right to complain asnd there are many happy customers ty for your time ***

you all suck ***

Reply to: Bio]-[azard

I guess you work for Lowes? Thats really sick for you to say I wanted them to fail or shovel food in my mouth. This is the last floor I will ever have, why would I want it to look bad? I think you have a Personality Complex.

I paid double the price to get a Normal Job done. I have tiles with lippages all over and a lot of the tiles have very little glue and some are loose and you say I am at fault? We were very patient with the contractors, they promised to be done in two weeks for the holiday and took about one month.

You say I must have a lot of time on my hands to write a small complaint. It takes no more time than writing an e mail and you had the time to reply, so what are you talking about? Yes they gave me a very small refund to have the shoddy work they did fixed.

If you do work for Lowes, try to stop running away from customers that need help in your store, do it as a New Years Resolution because like you said "KARMA IS A B".

>Written by Bio]-[azard, on 21-12-2009 >08:33

>I believe that when -some- people go into >the retail chain to get things (ie; >Lowe's), they're wanting them to fail in >some sort of way. You know as Consumers >that you're "always right" and we live in >a world that expects people to shovel >food into our mouths for us. The fact >that you would take the time to post on >here, shows that you have too much time >and you infact were looking for >attention. I'm sure as you said, they did >give you the money; but that's because >they do value you. Merry Christmas and >Karama is a B.

I believe that when -some- people go into the retail chain to get things (ie; Lowe's), they're wanting them to fail in some sort of way. You know as Consumers that you're "always right" and we live in a world that expects people to shovel food into our mouths for us.

The fact that you would take the time to post on here, shows that you have too much time and you infact were looking for attention.

I'm sure as you said, they did give you the money; but that's because they do value you. Merry Christmas and Karama is a B.

No they did install backer board. They made lippages on the corners(can't spell it).

Had another guy from Lowes check it out and he said the tiles he pulled did not have the proper amount of adhesive. Never install epoxy Grout because they smeared it on the tiles and it is almost impossible to get it off.

I spent $26,000 bucks, so I was not looking to save. Lowes almost doubles the quote of the guy that actually does the job

several tiles not level? The subfloor is the issue...Did they install durock or hardibacker or did you opt out on paying for those items before purchasing the install?

Easy there Jimmy. If the description in the complaint doesn't apply to you then don't worry about it.

Your comment about inferior skills is at best disinegenious. I am a pharmaceutical scientist, I don't puff up my chest b/c you don't know how to test your prescription drugs. I've never considered someone w/o my expertise to be inferior. You've got a confidence problem my friend.

The simple fact is when we pay for a service we expect some quality controls to be in place. Given the number of rip-off artists in home remodeling and the lack of oversight, it seems very plausible that consumers are going to be taken advantage of.

Get over it.

Sorry about insulting the Handyman label. Its just that around my area, all kinds of nuts that have no skills go into the Handyman business; this was from the Housing Bubble.

Lowes did have their people come out once and a while to check on the contractor, but the people they sent to check them did not know what they were looking at.

Well my contract said the work had to be corrected, but I had a hard time getting them to fix it.

Hey Spike,Hiring a handyman, will get you a professional job nitwit.You say it like a handyman does inferior work. I was a "professional" remodeler for 26 years before turning the biz over to my two sons.Now I have a small handyman service but still posess the same skills as the "professionals" as you like to call them.The only one with inferior skills here is you, given the fact you couldn't do the tile yourself.ButI digress,when hiring LOWES to do any installation always remember, Lowes doesn't do the work, they sub contract work, to any one of numerous contractors on their list.To get on their list all you need is liability insurance($515.00) and in my state a contractors lisc.($90.00).Sometimes Lowes doesn't know what a contractor can do until it's too late, and your the guinea pig.It was in plain english on your contract.Along with a paragraph absolving them of liability should the work not be correct.Maybe some reading lessons should be your main focus.

View more comments (9)
Service
Lowes Installation

Free Deliver - Receive VISA Check Card NOT | Lowes review from Austin, Texas

I purchased a Whirlpool refrid from the Lowe's in SW Austin. The deal was to pay for deliver ($89.) but receive a VISA Check Card in that amt. as a refund. This is after sending in all the paperwork, etc. This purchase was 4/6/09 and after many (7+/-) phone and emails; still no Check Card. I will go to Home Depot in the future even though I like the Lowe's environment better...it's the principle. Bait and switch or just not very capable of follow thru on the administrative end of promotions. One person couldn't even find me in the system...

Yes, this is once again "Lowe's" fault. Guess you mailed the rebate forms in on time too.

Or even realized this was handled by an outside firm. Principles are a luxury in this economy.

Good luck finding someone to help you at H.D. - see how far your principles get you...

Joe B

Home Depot Delivery = Curbside Drop Off.

Do what you will.

View more comments (1)

Cheap Lowes

I parked my car around 7 o'clock in the morning and i came back to pick up my car back around 1 o'clock in afternoon. however my car was gone. I tried to look for the notice sticker or signs around the parking lot. but i could not find any signs of my car. therefore I went inside to the lowes and asked about the car. They said they called the towing service and took the car away without noticing me. There was no notice sticker nor call from them. I even left my phone number and name front of the car. I paid $130 to get my car back. We can not see the warning sign around the parking lot easily. Therefore I am trying to tell to those workers who works in building structures or people who needs to buy some stuff. I recommand to go to the Home depot. Because Lowes can tow your car away if you are not showing up about 4 hours. I am so disappointed. They got better customer services also we can see the parking warning signs easier than lowes. Lowes is so cheap that they will tow your car away without call or notice tag if you park your car for a while. Also Lowes is not really helpful to us. If our car broke down front of the Lowes, we can not park the car. Beacuse they will tow your car without noticing even if your car is broke. I truely recommand not to use lowes. They are so cheap and not helpful to us.

This is so funny! I can't believe someone has the nerve to complain about getting their car towed in a private parking lot.

I love the rants on this site. Full of angry miserable people that think the world owes them for every inconvenience.

Hmmm here is an idea, try following rules and talking to people with respect. I bet you also went in to the store raising bloody murder and that is probably why no one took the time to help you find your car.

#191259

@ Seriously?

I challenge you to spell "challenge."

Learn how to spell! Dumb ***!

#191257

Actually there are signs everywhere during football games and stadium events for the cheapskates that dont want to pay for stadium parking so they park at Lowe's and think the signs are a bluff. You have to be blind not to see them!

Lowe's doesn't care, it's the of the plaza security that has the cars towed, not Lowe's. Why should they be held responsible?

Let's see - signs were posted - you parked anyway - car towed. Makes sense to me. After all, it is a parking lot, not a Park-N-Ride.

Let's see, you had $1000 in the back seat and you parked your car in a parking lot (meant for consumers of that business), left it there for a significant amount of time, didn't notify store management or anybody of the situation and you are pissed off at the business for towing your car. Amazing how *** you are and this is just indicative of the attitude prevalent in our country -- that it is always the other guys fault!!

I'm never wrong because I am the consumer and afterall the consumer is always right.

Right?? Wrong, Dummy!!!!

Take responsibility for your actions and grow up!!!!!!

Sounds to me like "wondering" there might be a Lowes' employee or even a store manager to get this upset at the complaint, but why call this person ***? unnecessary! Lowes commited an unprofessional act and total diregard to this person.

Call corp. H.Q.in North Carolina, Lowes does not own the parking lot.They just might cut you a check.

Leadership is a choice and responsibility! If your people love you and follow you, they will help you!

If Lowes knew how to treat their own, they would put Depot out of business!

Ask yourself, how commited are you? A follower obeys, a leader CHALLANGES!

Dan

You don't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed my friend. Why don't you park your car in a Home Depot lot if you prefer them.

Or at least tell the stores mgmt of your plight next time. They would probably let you borrow a phone for a tow service.

Jun

i know it is my fault that i parked my car in their parking lot. but they should least notice me where is my car at. because i had about $1000 in my back seat.

I didnt know my car was stolen or towed.

View more comments (11)

Low's | Lowes review from Phoenix, Arizona

Recently I decided that for my husband's 31st birthday I would buy him a grill. I researched online, and found "the one" and it was only listed for sale at Lowes (at the time). Although they have horrific reviews I gave them a chance anyways...big mistake!!!!!!!!!! I purchased the grill and requested to have it assembled (on a Tuesday), On friday at 6pm (*** 4 days later ***) the grill was not assembled!!!!! I was furious! The manager tryied to make excuses that didnt make any sense and only offered that i take the display grill (which was poorly assembled, woobly, and all scratched and dirty) for a discount of $30.00... I didnt even get a courtesy call to let me know that it would be ready with a 24 hour notice...especially since they had FOUR days to put the grill together. They just dont care about their customers or business. a week later we purchased the SAME grill from Fry's Marketplace, for $100 less!!! and they assembled it for free :) go to frys!!!!!
Loss

We are having a very bad experience buying a carpet in Lowes, light a nightmare

We bought a carpet in Lowes in Mission Valley, California on Sept.15 and they said that in two weeks maximun we have the carpet installed, after many calls including the manager finally they said that maybe they are going to receive the carpet on October 13, they knew that we have an open house on October 10 that was the purpose of the adquisition of a new carpet, but they said that they can not do nothing, I don't know why we went to Lowes we had other bad experience 2 years ago, if we have Home Depot close why we went to Lowes, but we never go there to buy nothing there

I had a problem with a Lowes employee verbally promising an install date and not following through. Luckily in Kansas verbal promises are binding and I had the phone call to prove what was stated.

I received my Kitchen floor for free because of it. I've had a number of problems with Lowes and am afraid that I might have to try my luck at Home Depot to finish my project.

Poor Rick Rebecca....what promises? If it's not in writing, try to prove the installer promised it.

Companies with Integrity stand behind their products and always take care

of the customer!

Well, you ***, do you think Lowe's manufactures carpet? Obviously whoever makes the product is holding this deal up.

Why would Lowe's take your money and deprive you of your carpet?

Go to Depot, they deserve you.

Took Lowes 4 months past the first promise date to get our carpet installed. Seam lines show and other promises made by installer that came out to quote and install job were never completed.

Ask Lowes manager in Murphy, NC about this and was told to f^%^ off as Lowes is not reasonable for promises made by the installer and that we should read the contract again.

Our last major purchase from customer friendly people

View more comments (4)

They never fix wath they sell | Lowes review from Atlanta, Georgia

BOSCH sucks washer didn't clean.I bought a washer&dryer to match normal right.I bought extended warrenty.Both needed fixed befor one year.My washer has been broke sence 5-25-08 they keep saying they are going to fix it.The laundry mat has made more than more than I paid for them all most.Every time I email them they say they neen some more enfo but they have been out and fixed them before so it just keeps breaking.You should see all the cracks in my dryer by the screws in the door.I'm to old for this ***

Are you in Anger Management classes Retailer4life???? you seem bitter

If you have your receipt and the extended protection plan call the number for the service advantage. They will tell you what to do to get it fixed.

Normally send a tech hired out to come and look at it.

This number has to be called if it to be fixed. Hope this helps.

Instead of buying a wash machine, I honestly feel that your money could have been better spent taking remedial grammar lessons.

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowe's 1 Day Appliance Delivery Promise = no go | Lowes review from Denver, Colorado

We purchased a dryer on Thursday afternoon. We scheduled delivery for Friday morning between 8 and noon. Guess what, they never showed. I called them back after the delivery window and made arrangements for delivery this morning. We setup a specific window, since we work nights. They still haven't made it to our place. I called, they are "on their way." We are "the next delivery" (once they leave the store). The store is only about 10 minutes away from hour house, and it has been well oevr an hour. Next time, I will bring my truck and take it home myself.

Then do it yourself and stop being a baby. MAYBE your NOT the most important customer in the world

Here is where it starts.. STORE MANAGER... he just kinda walks around and well... I'm not sure what he does..

If he listened to concerns, things would run better I guess... or maybe his managers would listen to their people.. assuming the STORE MANAGER sets the example of course... and if that works they would follow up on issues and fix them instead of thinking its not their problem and walk around like the store manager. Delivery can't do much if they have no support and they are not managed.

Or you could have a store manager who does try but his AREA HR likes to cover up everything because she doesn't want to look like she can't handle her job..

Keep on complaining... or just contact the Federal Trade Comm.... If you want change you have to take action!

regardng Lowes If you buy anything from Lowes check around for lower prices at Best buy,Sears and other stores( also internet prices) and Lowes will match their price plus give you 10% in addition off your bill. Also I have found if you have a problem with a Lowes store go to their internet website and file a complaint and It will be taken care of Guaranteed. hope this helps

"Guess what, they never showed. "

You don't sound very smart.

U need to keep in mind that there are other deliveries going on not just yours. There is a window for a reason.

You're right next time you get your truck and take it home yourself. Delivery is there for convience and if you are going to ***** about it don't use the service!

View more comments (4)
Loss

Lowe's 1 Day Appliance Delivery Promise is a SHAM | Lowes review from Kirkland, Washington

Lowe's advertises that they will install an appliance the next day. I am on day 8 and despite calling them several times I still do not have a date for the installation. It's also odd that JD Powers gives them a great rating yet JD Powers doesn't allow you to give them any feedback about Lowes (or any company for that matter). Did Lowes pay JD Powers for this rating? Both of these companies are liars and I will never do business with Lowes again nor will I ever pay any attention to JD Powers ratings. JD Powers is just another form of marketing that is bought and paid for.
Davine

I did read the fine print, I just went to the store, picked out a washer, and YES the associate verified that they had 3 in stock. I live 5 miles from the store.

They told me delivery would be August 12th, almost 3 weeks away! I asked about the free next day delivery and was told "that's never going to happen".

I can get the same washer for the same price from Home Depot, the only reason I went to Lowe's was for the next day delivery. False advertising!

The policy says clearly it's only for in stock items purchased in the store by 4pm.

Yep! I'm having an issue with Lowes delivery service.

Promise not kept. Still waiting till they figure out how to fix it! Totally unacceptable! Nobody even called me to notify me that they had an issue!

Anyway my washer/dryer never arrived on the promise date 7/10/15! Manager will call me on 7/11/15 unacceptable!

to see what can be done! I am so upset!

You should have read the fine print before wasting your time on this review. If you pay close attention to the signage that says "FREE Next Day Delivery", you will notice an asterisk at the end of the phrase.

Now, what this means, you can have your next day delivery if it is AVAILABLE.

Also, if you have an installation, that is scheduled through an installer (contracted), so take your complain to them. People like you give the good guys bad reputations.

It really is deceiving. There is no way I can deliver/install 30 appliances that were sold the day before in a 75 mile radius in under 14 hours.

If anyone is expecting 'next day delivery', it will be unlikely. Just be patient.

@LowesDelivery

Why should we patient. We pay for a service now if you people lie, in order to have people pay and then

get the run around. You are the last point of contact so to bad.

I bought a refrigerator from Lowe's online in the middle of May. It wasn't supposed to be in stock for about a month (June 12 to be exact), which was not a problem, but I got an automated call several hours after ordering it telling me delivery was going to be the next day.

But the delivery people never showed up. I found out after calling Lowe's that, as their website stated, the refrigerator is not in stock.

So then, why did their delivery company call to tell me that it was going to be delivered?? I later found out from Lowe's that when an appliance is ordered online, the delivery company's computer system automatically calls the customer to tell them that it will be delivered the next day.

The delivery company never bothers to call back when they realize they won't be able to deliver. I have received at least five automated calls telling me delivery has been scheduled for the next day, but now I know to call Lowe's each time to find out if the refrigerator is actually in stock yet.

I have wasted hours on hold with the delivery company and Lowe's, and I still don't have my refrigerator. I'm sure it will be in stock around June 12, but in the meantime, I get a call from the delivery company every couple of days telling me they will be delivering the next day.

What kind of system is this??

@Unbelievable Ordeal

There is no "delivery company", there are lowe's employees that will deliver appliances when they come in. Delivery drivers have no control over when your appliance comes in, anyway. Instead of waiting on the "delivery company", you should have talked to an appliance associate.

@SHUTUP

You aren't even addressing the issue here - the main issue is their misleading automated calls.

I use to go to lowes. A week ago my mother bought a dryer.

They said they could not deliver till Tuesday. I asked that it arrive before 1. My mom has radiation at 2. No problem.

Well on Tuesday we get a call it will be around 1. I cancelled the order.

I bet some of the orders were made after we bought our dryer. Hello Home Depot

View more comments (35)