Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Kansas City, Missouri - Rebate Fraud

On May 19, 2008 my husband and I bought a utility shed at the Olathe, KS location. It had a rebate form for $55.00, credit back for delivery. I filled out the receipt and mailed it the very next day. I checked the on line status of my rebate and it said there was no record of submission. I sent an email to the website and received an email from “Cyber Rep” asking for information that was on the receipt I had mailed in and said give it another 2 -3 weeks. I still have not received my money and it's been almost 3 months. That's false advertisement and fraud!

Did you follow up on the return email? Cyber Rep is the designation for people working on the email team, if you haven't received anything from us it's because either it was lost or damaged in the mail. The rep was asking for you to provide more information so they can do a more thorough search of our extensive records (the is close to a billion submissions in our database).

Assuming you followed the correct procedure when sending you rebate and your taking the initiative to try to clear up the issue with us, there should be no problem getting this fixed up.

Contrary to popular belief those of us working at the rebate center do not go out of our way to disqualify consumers, do you any idea how much easier it is when we can just say "Yea, I can get that resolved for you" than to have to sit and argue for 20 minutes about why we can't.

LOWES BOLINGBROOK

After I spent $10K there on appliances ,The Lowes in BolingBrook missed 4 delivery dates for my kitchen sink. I found management helpful at first and then incompetent in the end. Store Manager Jim also went back on his word for compensation for my losses. He refused to honor a $200.00 discount. I will never shop there or at any Lowes ever again!!!! The store manager Jim and Matt were also late at returning phone calls and condescending at times when dealing with our situation. I will now shop at Home Depot (the lesser evil) for all my housing needs

Yes this Lowes has terrible customer service even corporrate does not return phone calls

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

I work at Menards, and would be more than happy to see you in Menards

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes in Big Rapids, Mi. won't stand behind products they sell.

I Bought washer with extended warranty (now expired) and it keeps going out of balance and you can't wash in only hot water it switches to warm by it's self. I work he stays home and didn't know there was a problem with it. Repair guy Whirlpool sent was *** and don't know nothing about either problem. Even I know a washer is suppose to be in the middle and not off to the side when it's done spinning. I ask Lowes if I could to switch to better brand AT MY COST, they said no.

Lowes, along with any retailer, only refunds product for a short amount of time (specified on the receipt), after that time all products must go through the manufacturer. It's not the stores fault the washer doesn't work.

Generally speaking manufacturer WANT to stand by their product. ALWAY call them first.

#198941

Get online and contact Whirlpool directly. Please do not listen to any of these people on here as the whole point of this site is to view your coplaint or complaints on here then maybe somehow or somewhere get some advice and help to solve the problem not what everyone else is doing on here.

Now again contact Whirlpool either by phone or online. Let them know your machine is out of warrentee and the fact that you had tried when it was under warrentee that you had tried to repair it. Show or explain your work repair reciepts to the Whirlpool SUPERVISOR or service person. This MAY OR MAY NOT help you get a better rate on your repair and give them your opinion as to weather you would ever buy their product again.

I suggest you try the nice approach first before you accuse, abuse or otherwise missuse the person your speaking with. The point is to get your machine working like it is suppose to and get on with your lives. Once you get your machine repaired and your still not happy with Whirlpool then I would suggest getting a lawyer's opinion and suggestions as to your next form of action. At the very least you should have your machine repaired by this time and some of your sting may be gone.

I am TOTALLY with you that you should not be having this issue with your machine at all weather it is or is not under warrentee this action is NOT correct in any way...

Get it repaired first then start your complaining if your not happy with the rest... I hope this helps it sure as heck is much better than the BS your getting from the other Brains on here...

Next time think about going to Menards

Lowes fixed my washer twice! The washer is defective in its design and should be pulled from the market. My hubby is dying and thats why he stays home and I work.

Are you serious,

Really.

Really are you serious.

WOW

Really

You're that ballsie, that you think someone should replace your old washer after the EXTENDED warranty is expired.

I guess so

you work and he stays home.

Sounds like a great life for him. Whomever him is?

Another example of a consumer thinking they have the right to "rent " a product for several years then swap it for a new model. (Extended warranty expired tells me its been at least 4) Then when the product has issues (usually from abuse not use) they feel entitled to something for nothing.

If you want to rent somethig go to Rent A Center and pay thier inflated prices. Your trying to scam retailers cost me money in higher prices.

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

I work for Lowe's in the appliance dept., so I think I can give you some

info. The standard warranty for any

appliance is 1 year (manufacturer),

Lowe's offers 2 or 4 year extended

service plans that start once the manu

facturers warranty is up. So if your

extended warranty is expired as you

state, you would have had the washer

for either 3 or 5 years. Unfortuneately

with this amount of time passing since purchase there is nothing Lowe's (or any retailer) could do. If

this has been an ongoing problem and had been reported you may be able to receive some help from Whirlpool. I deal with customers and

appliance problems daily and I can

tell you that Lowe's will do what they

can to satisify their customers when

able, but if 3 or 5 years have passed,

there is nothing Lowes would be able

to do. Please call Whirlpool and see

if they can help you. You may even try

calling a different service tech.

We do stand behind the products we sell, Mishap2345!!!! We can also speak and write correctly, too, using proper grammar.

OK, now, be honest here, when did you purchase the washer?? Do you realize that WE DO NOT GET CREDIT for appliances from the manufacturer after a certain amount of time? This is also true for Sears, Home Depot, Best Buy, anyone.

And if we do take it back, who pays for your problem? An honest customer who is not trying to "milk the system!" I bet you've had the washer for several months (years, perhaps?) And now want something new without paying for it!

View more comments (8)
Loss

ROCK HILL LOWES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recently I went into the lowes in rock hill, sc, and was standing around in a particular department (will not say which one, because it might contain to the whole store) stood there for about 20 to 30 minutes, employees were going by, but noone stopped and asked if I needed any help. Then finally I got someone to wait on me, but their knowledge of that department was not very informatable. I left in disgust. Went back a few days later, to another department, and to my surprise, the same person who waited on me days before, was there, again did not know too much of what I was trying to buy, so I gave up, (and give up) on lowes, and went to another store. Lowes needs to get their people together, or customers will and can go elsewhere.

Really WTF. Lowes Sucks Rock Hill S.C

I have been waiting close to 30 min. For something that was prepaid pick up later.

This is ridiculously absurd. They are walking around like no one has anything to do.

This Is at Lowe's on Dave Lyle blvd. Home depot I ain't gonna betray you no more aggh.

WTF... Did you bother to look at their nametage...

Its one of the few retail places that tell you where that person's expertise in the store is. Mere common sense would tell you not to stop some goofy looking kid that has lumber on their nametag, for specific electrical questions.

View more comments (2)
Review

Lowes in Sebring, Florida - Free Delivery? On time Delivery?

Yeah right. Two weeks to get my dryer in? First the tell me delivery is free. When I asked about the $79 delivery fee posted at the checkout, I was told it didn't apply to large appliances. Then the clerks said Ohh, looks like you have a rebate. Yeah, a rebate for delivery. I'll get a Lowe's card in 6-8 weeks. I bought it June 30. Was told it would be July 7 before delivery due to the holiday. Now its going to me July 16! Said is that going to be okay ma'am. What choice do I have? Cancel? Go someplace else? Have it delivered next week any way just from a differnet place. I've already missed the 4th of July sales. I will not be buying my stainless steel microwave and fridge from Lowe's.

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Lowe's Wheelersburg Ohio

I am a former employee of this Lowe's. Working for them was a complete and total nightmare! No training, no pay, no one can afford the health insurance and most of all the HR department sucks! I simply requested a copy of my pay stubs for some legal stuff and no one there will help you and then they decide to lecture me on why I quit! Welcome to America A_HOLE. I have the right to quit any job I want. This store sucks and I would not recommend anyone work for this company unless you want to be under paid, over worked, and left to fend for yourself while there!

I don't know about working at Lowes in Wheelersburg, but I can tell you that ordering a new kitchen (cabinets and appliances) from that particular store is a nightmare. Two months and $7,000 after the start, the job still isn't done due to mistakes in measuring, mistakes in ordering, and an installation sales department that simply "isn't available" most of the time.

The former employee who posted the original complaint has at least one valid point--the staff doesn't seemed to be trained in their jobs at all. I suppose that if I had to buy a can of paint, I might consider going back to Lowes if I couldn't find it anywhere else, but I wouldnt' trust them with anything more complicated than that.

Well, Lowes knows comments 1 2 and 3 knows one thing here....He obviously is not smart enough to put a coherent sentence together! (probably had retailer 2 coming over and was all nervous...)

:zzz

:eek

Hey, retailer2, the word is spelled COUNSELING not counciling, pal. And my comments ARE ALL on the money, you've probably got an axe to grind, too. Join your buddy @ the door greeter station.

wow retailer4life--you are really hostile to anyone who complains about lowes--insulting to these folks-- who have a problem--perhaps you are being paid by lowes for these comments you make--in any instance get a life and perhaps some counciling on your demeaning manner--your time would be best spent helping others instead of bashing them--you sound like a mean little man.

Hey, go be a door greeter for Wal-Mart, ***! Sounds like you've got an axe to grind because you actually HAD TO WORK during your 8 hour shift!

All you guys do is complain while us guys do our jobs and yours too.

You're probably 20 years old and know everything, don't you? Well, you couldn't hook up my harness on the order picker without ******* it up, pal, remember that, kiddo!

@retailer4life

Wow! You guys talk like real professionals! How about you both go get a real job then argue some some more!

View more comments (8)

Rock hill lowes

what is wrong with the employees ( or lack there of) in this lowes of rock hill. going in there used to be a good thing, there were helpful people who would wait on you, and treat you right, now going in there, not only can you NOT find anyone who works there, finding someone who KNOWS anything about anything is impossible. When I used to own my own business back in the 70's, the customer always came first, and that should hold up on this day and age, but not at rock hill lowes, that store has lost my business forever, Home Depot will get it. Randall W. Frost, Jr. Rock Hill, SC

Good luck finding help @ Home Depot. They are our BEST advertisement here @ Lowes!!!! We should pay Depot for all the PO'd customers from there that come to us!!

Lowes / Werner Ladder took advantage of trusting consumer

Consumer Alert! Just can't belive this is happening. www.lowes-lawsuits.com www.wernerladderlawsuits.com I've set up these to sites to make consumers aware. Of some of the tatics used. By these two companies. Please take a few minutes too read throuh ewb sit and check forum. This lawsuit is in the appeals process of the Nevada Suprem Court. I have a new settlement confrence on August 21,2008. Not sure what else they could wnt. It going to cost me a additional $500.00. Plus i was told I will need to buy lunch for all attornes. You Got To be Kidding!

ladder(s 2210) cllapsed under me in june ,now a month later still hurting

carjac14@yahoo.com

Lowes in Rock Hill, South Carolina - Very dissapointed

I am now a former lowes customer. What is wrong with the Lowes in Rock Hill, SC? I was in there on Friday, July 4th , 2008, in the morning, went to the electrical department, wondered aimlessly around, and found no employee working there, I asked for some assitance from another employee, and never got anywhere. And what is up with the credit card machine, sometimes they work. Until this Lowes betters itself, I will do my business at Home Depot from now on. And have told my friends to do the same. Randy Wimore Rock Hill, SC former lowes customer

Really..than go to home depot!!!!I hate customers like you...we really could care less if you go to home depot!!!! They have higher prices anyways!!!

Randy, if you worked at Lowes as you say you did, then you would know that credit card machines don't read everytime. Duh!!

Why were you even in Lowe's on July 4? You should be with family and friends hanging out! There's an idea! And for that matter, Lowe's shouldn't even be open on July 4.

What do you think about that? And Lowe's employees do get breaks every now and then, every think about that?

And there are call buttons which they are timed on. Come on Randy, you did work there didn't you?

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Miami, Florida - Come on

Its funny how people thing that everyone in the same minute or time can be handled or pleased.How good are you ?How many people have you not pleased even if you tried.Come on now ,NO ONE IS PERFECT!!I think alot of you need to look at yourselves before you rain the on everyone that works for lowes.There are hard workers that deserve more then this.Im sorry but you can't please eveyone.What ever happened to the phrase.Treat one as you would like to be treated.Wouldn't that be nice.Think about it the next time you shop.Deal with yourself and how many more people like you are out there at the same time

Right On! I need more guys like you in my Lowes!!