Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Monroe, New York - Useless Lowe's furniture warranty

Bought 3 patio love seats from Lowes, still under warranty when button on back cushion fell off. Called disrtibutor - none left, no help. Manufacturer is overseas, no help. Called Lowe's Customer Assistance, no help. Called store Manager where we bought them, no help: None in stock, can't replace. WILL reimburse cost of whole seat if returned, but then we can't replace with matching one (bad solution). Won't reimburse for repair, even though Lowe's warranty states "We will, at our sole discretion, REPAIR IT (caps mine), replace it, or refund your money based on your method of payment." We're stuck with defective furniture. Nice. We're no longer Lowe's customers.

Hey, SRB427, I guess you realized you were in a winless argument here. But like you said, you're 57, probably OD'd on the metamucil since last we spoke!! :grin

Is Lowes4life mr. Niblock?

Or...

is he really the president of Sears? Stay tuned.....

I can see how many who complain on here can take any response comments seriously. I could say I am the president of Sears and some would believe me.

Dont believe everything you read on the internet - some people who respond may be employees of some typw of retail store or maybe even have worked for a Lowe's at one time, and now work for the competition pretending to speak out for the company you are complaining about. Most of that furniturecomes from overseas and there is no replacement hardware or accessories, the best they will do is give you your money back. Although if it were me and I was happy with the furniture and all it was was a button I would try and fix it myself and save the gas to stop in.

If it were a manufacture defect I would have started with the manager on duty, then asked for the operations manager, if you didnt get any resolve ask for the store manager and then the district manager everyone has a supervisor. All in all the Dept Manager of inside lawn and garden should have been able to take care of your request.

Hey, srb427, pretty quick with the jabs when your'e safe, arent ya? You might be 57, 50 more than your IQ, but I'm digressing here, so back to the issue at hand, since your OBVIOUSLY SOOOOO SMART compared to the rest of us, you must also know that Lowes does not manufacture the seat cushions!!

If the manufacturer no longer makes them, what do you expect us to do?? Many times the manufacturer will not take merchandise back, this in turn leads to higher prices for all down the road.

You would have (NOW READ REAL CLOSELY NOW SINCE YOU'RE 57 AND KNOW IT ALL) had this same response from Home Depot, or any other retailer. The managers cannot just do what they (we) want, we have guidelines just as you do in your job, that we, and you, must follow, so just remember that.

Dear bigger idiots (retailer4life and CJ),

Shame this site allows name-calling losers like you to comment without knowing what you're talking about. A) The seats/cushions were less than one month old and still within warranty.

B) As stated, manufacturer is overseas and Lowe's Customer Assistance couldn't give me contact info for them. C) If you had the slightest idea what you were talking about, you'd realize these cushion-buttons aren't just "sewn on", but require a special tool to insert the connecting thread inside the cushion in such a way as to anchor them properly, not something as easy as "just sewing them on". D) Taking back ALL the seats just brings us back to where we started: no patio seats and none available we want to replace them. Funny how you think the whole back cushion costs $4.00!

But obviously you mental giants work for Lowe's, or you wouldn't react so childishly. By the way, I'm 57 and know what any decent retail store should be responsible for.

Kudos to cj!! We @ Lowes have really had it with moronic customers like this!

Also, just HOW OLD were the cushions? Some manufacturer's do give long warranties on their products, but HOW LONG did you actually have them? I bet a lot longer than buying a 25 cent button and sewing the thing back on was worth!

And to chevrolet.....That's probably what your parents said after they had to introduce you to the family after you were born!! :grin

Hey ***! They will take back not only the defective unit, but all of them.

So they are following their policy to the tee.

Besides, what kind of *** are you that you can't sew a button back on a $4 cushion? Serioulsy, shop at Wal-Mart, I'm sure the your local Lowe's employees with thank you.

chevrolet

Lowes new slogan is

"Its not our fault"

View more comments (7)
Review
Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Valspar: Horrible Paint

We added a 700 sqft addition to our home using over a dozen gallons of primer and Valspar paint from Lowe's. We painted the room, then installed the floor, thus giving the paint over a week to dry. One year later, we moved a chair that was in the corner, and it was stuck to the paint on the wall. We pulled the chair away and chunk of wall/paint came off. We also had the same problem with picture frames; paint stuck to the back, causing the pictures to stick to the wall. We literally had to pry the frames off. I send both an e-mail and written letter, hoping for an apology and maybe an explanation, but nothing. It's just horrible paint, and even worse customer service...TJN

What's the deal with valspar paint leaving streaks a year later?

I USED VALSPAR ULTRA GLOSS ON KITCHEN CABINETS.The adhesion was very poor and pealed off after 3 months. I was still tacky to the touch.

The prep incuded washing with TSP and sanding . I stripped the valspar off and used Dutchboy and it adheared much better. I aso used the Valspar flat on the walls and semi gloss on the trim. It too peeled of.

Using painters tape was a disaster. In the past I have used Valspar with no prblem.

Valspar Signature Hi-Def Advanced Color, Paint + Primer has been a waste of money. We applied a coat of paint and had roller streaks.

Lowe's store told us to use a low nap roller.

We did that and after three coats we still have roller streaks. Painting with a brush looks good but who is going to paint a whole room with a brush?

@anonymous

I just painted with Valspar Medallion and have had none of those problems. We used 3/8 inch rollers-disposable type, and it looks absolutely fantastic.

After waiting 24 hours, the tape came off flawlessly and no streak marks. As a amateur painter myself, I can say the problem is most likely you and not the paint.

#720882

It's not the painter it's lazy consumers. Everyone wants to cut corners they don't want to degloss shiny surfaces....

They don't want to prime ... They clean their walls with whatever they find. Latex paint especially a satin or gloss takes.

30 days to properly cure so you need to be mindful. If you skip steps then you get what you get.

I am on my third coat using the Medallion Valspar. $40 bucks a gallon?

What happened to Valspar? I have used this paint often over the years, and this time, my money and time are very much wasted. I am not getting the coverage expected. Two coats and there are streaks, lines, and missed spots.

It won't go on the roller well, and once on the wall, who knows what will happen. I am no newbie to home painting projects. Triple the effort and money on this project. *** it I am pissed at this situation; I could have hired someone to do this work, and used Big Lots' paint for better results.

I bought my Valspar at ACO hardware, not Lowes. Yeah, this product is a waste of time and money.

Wish I would have found this site before I started my project, and before I realized something was drastically wrong with the quality of the finish. :cry

Valspar signature paint didn't use to be this bad. I have always used this paint with it covering with one coat coverage no streaking with the shiny lines or paint being pulled off.

But I bought a new house and bought Valspar to paint my house and every single room the paint wouldn't cover evenly. I would have shiny streaks all over my walls photo frames are causing the paint to come off the walls too.

Terrible paint! I will never buy Valspar again total waste of time and money.

I purchased three gallons of paint from Lowes, 2 gallons to do my living room and 1 gallon to do my dining room....I purchased the paint with primer and was very disappointed with the way the paint adhered to the wall, it was shinny, looking almost sticky...I have purchased paint for years, even cheap paint, this is the worse i have ever used...I finally couldnt look at the embrassing walls anymore, went to Sherwin Williams and had to purchase the same quanity to redo the walls...I think this Paint is terrible and will never purchase it again, I would suggest you dont do it, you will be sorry, when you have to purchase paint somewhere else or just shake your head every time you look at your wall

I painted a concrete patio floor with Valspar, came back 2 hours later

paint was still somewhat tacky,like it wasn't dry, I thought because it was very humid out,needed more drying time, let it sit all night,

next morning ,not as tacky,but very slick and oily, and paint chipped and peeled off very easy, took remaining paint back for refund, they said , wow,we never had a complaint about Valspar, they called a Valspar REP on the phone for me to talk to, and he said must be the high humidity, and that particular paint wasn't recommended for concrete,and kept blabbering on and on, finally ,I cut him off, and said *** you, I will buy paint from Walmart next time, later he called me at home, and said he would replace paint I returned at no cost to me, even though I used half of it, but I still have to scrape off the paint I already put on, which will take me a day or two, sO i still lost out.

Valspar Signature paint + primer is the worst paint I have ever used. Two coats and there is still bleed through.

I wasn't trying to cover any color out of the ordinary and the paint will not cover. This is a bad product.

It does not live up to any of the claims made by the makers or sellers of this paint. I will never buy or use this product again.

We purchased 10 gallons of the Valspar Exterior paint, we had our home pressure washed and cleaned....when we got ready to use the paint, our painter noticed that the paint was not spreading and staying on the house...it looked as if it had been frozen. I called Lowes and was told to come back and they would look at the paint we purchased, we took the paint back and the manager checked the dates on the 5 gallon buckets we were sold...they had they same stock numbers and dates as the other ones still in the store.

After this he opened the 5-gallon bucket that was unsealed that we had returned and said the paint looked like clabbered milk! He was very nice and got us 2 more 5-gallon buckets, at a discount I might add! :grin ! I have tried to find out how to contact Valspar to see if they are willing to help with the cost of the extra painting that we have had to absorb, but from the sound of all this (other complaints sent in), I guess it is a waste of time.

I really think that Lowes may need to reconsider selling this paint if they are going to have to keep fixing a problem that may not necessarily be theirs.

Any way....Thank You Lowes for helping me with my paint! :)

Just finished using three gallons of Valspar Signature Semi Gloss Interior paint in my family room. The paint is GARBAGE and I came to the conclusion that I put three gallons of water on my walls.

The label states, "Exceptional Coverage & Quality." After the third quote I still have bleed through!

Spare your time and money and DON'T buy Valspar paint!!! :cry

@Rae

I have same problem an on them now have a lawer waiting on response....do you have pic of what happened with yours tommysullivann89@gmail.com I'll appreciate it an fill you in on processed...

Just had my house painted and used Valspar Signature. Complete garbage.

Same as everywhere else, used 3M tape and it rips the paint off the walls. Each wall and ceiling needed 3 plus coats.

Horrible product. It was like painting with water.

Used some Lowes Signature primer/paint and found it to be full of gells...terrible stuff. Ended up having to sand the bumps off from the wall, strain the remaining paint through a filter, and repaint.

Valspar Paint is horrible. The cost has raised over the past 4 years and the quality has cheapened.

Never again will I allow Valspar paint in my house. My husband and I complained to the Valspar company itself who had their Rep in our area come to our home and take a look at the rooms as well as the outside we recently hired painted. After looking at our issues, he agreed we had a problem but he said he would have to take the matter up with his superiors. He agreed coverage was an issue - still not covering properly after 4 coats of paint!

After talking with his Superiors he contacted us today to advise the problem was not in the can. It was those who applied the paint....the professional painters known for great work in our area and who also said they have complained about using Valspar paints. We have used these guys in the past and were more than pleased with their work.

The problem is not the painters.....its obviously the paint. :sigh

Valspar Int Paint w/Primer

I tried Valspar Prem Int Paint w/Primer due to Consumer Reports Recommndation

I struggled with this paint. Wasted both money and precious time recoating.

I had trouble the last time I ventured from premium paints from Sherwin-Williams when I tried another Consumer Reports recommendations. I see Valspar is no longer at the top. It was a horrible experience. I bought it at Lowe's.

Since they are the probably the largest retailer of it. Then they are responsible for it too.

Valspar Int Paint w/Primer

I tried Valspar Prem Int Paint w/Primer due to Consumer Reports Recommndation

I struggled with this paint. Wasted both money and precious time recoating.

I HATE Valspar paint. I've been battling the peeling from painter's tape for 10 days now!

I've tried every method to avoid the peelng. No matter if it's still wet, the fresh paint peels off along with the tape. It is causing me so much extra work. Now I have to contend with ripped pieces of paint still attached to the overall paint.

This is a Valspar nightmare.

Valspar is horrible paint. Don't buy Valspar.

I suppose I was lucky in that I had only a small bathroom to paint and only bought half a gallon of this Valspar garbage. Certainly the worst imaginable paint I've ever encountered in 40 years of painting interiors. I am going to try and scrape it off the walls - don't want to have in my house - period.

Tom p. *** on 35 years painting?

You are a joke. Why don't you use fast hide by Olympic. Also to respond to all you othe *** clots you all suck as painters. 99.9% of all paint issues is the painter not preparing the wall correctly or just don't now how paint.

Do me and others a favor Don't buy my paint.

Go somewhere else. ***

@Valspar

Thank you for your cander. You have helped me make my own decision to never use Valspar again.

I am a painter and have so far been very happy with their large selection of colors. We have had the recent first ever problem with bubbling. I won't waist time telling you the long story but if you are a Valspar representative you should not be.

If you are trolling you should get a life. Either way you should be ashamed

@Valspar

:grin Hahahahaha loser.

This paint is horrible. Spent days taking down popcorn ceiling and hours of repairs.

Leaves roller marks, dries so fast you end up unrolling the section you just painted trying to work the areas together. Uneven and splotchy coverage.

Essentially ruined all my hard work (after a full day at the office). The primer looked great, I should have just left it up as finish coat.

@Grady

I agree that Valspar Paint + Primer sucks. We've painted our Kitchen with Valspar soft gloss "Kitchen and Bath" paint + primer.

It's impossible to paint with this paint - leaves roller marks. Not sure what the problem is...

if it's the primer in the paint that makes it streak or if it's the gloss part. Very frustrated and disappointed.

I used the Valspar signaure whit semi gloss paint for the first and last time... It's going back to Lowe's...

I used it on primed baseboard, didn't cover.... streaks and spots from primed surface showed thru.. Do not purchse this product.

It's nothing more than a thick primer.. :(

I am not a person who enjoys painting and willing to admit that my skills are not professional grade. Reading the other posts on the poor performance of this paint makes me realize that perhaps this is not my issue but more a problem with the paint.

I will need to put at least two coats of this paint on the walls to cover the bleed through and streaking that I am seeing with the first coat. This is not a cheap paint price wise and I am disappointed with both the fact that it has underperformed as well as the fact that this was sold by the Lowe's paint rep as the best solution for my painting.

Other paints I have used in the past have covered far better with far less work. Needless to say, this is my last time purchasing this brand of paint.

Kelly - Sounds like the streaking is a water stain/damage of some sort. You will need to spot prime those areas to fully cover.

Valspar Signature is not really 'paint & primer in one'... Its just a thicker grade paint with more hiding pigments. Subsurface stains can still bleed through.... Same with Behr, and the others, it just covers over other colors better to provide one coat coverage.

However,...

Valspar sucks. Olympic One is the way to go.

IHateStupidCustomers

sounds like you might not know how to paint and not realize that this complaint is about Valspar, not Lowe's. ***.

I bought White ceiling paint/flat/ by Valspar. It says one coat painting on the can.

I have a small area, dining room and living room about 13x30 square feet. I have painted two coats of paint on one side of ceiling fan trying to see if the streaks and splotches would improve and no it looks reall6 bad. Its not smooth and/ or covering the ceiling well. I have used 1 1/2 gallons and I haven't made it to the dining room area and this paint is not cheap price wise.

Also the paint has a light pink tint wet or dry. Yes pink! It's horrible! I went to Lowes to talk to someone about it.

They said a Rep. needs to come take a look at it. They called him and he was in a meeting and my name and number was give to him over the phone. He told Lowes that he would call me after the meeting.

See I've been waiting for new furniture for the past 7 weeks ( and no I'm not well to do, I haven't had a new couch in 25 years) but its coming any day now and I'm running out of time. I don't want any freebies or anything like that.

I just want to know what I can paint on my ceiling to fix the problem!!! Please help me with much needed advice.

I am a little more particular than most, with that said I am having a difficult time with the paint I am using (Valspar), there just does not seem to be any way to put this paint on the wall with out creating roller marks. I have so much time invested in painting this room that it is not even funny.

Now it looks like I will need to start over with a different paint. I would not recommend Valspar to any one.

javascript:ac_smilie(':(')Started painting house two days ago got about 2/3 done and realized it was bubbling everywhere. Called Lowes they said I had bad batch of paint and they would replace it.

Went out there got 7 more gallons of valspar exterior only to open it and see the bubbles all through the paint. Could watch paint bubble as you poured into the tray. Called Lowes again waited hours for them to call back and inform me they have never heard of anything like this happening and would send a rep out. I told her the address to this site and said I find it very hard to believe she had never heard of this problem.Will never use valspar again and not sure I will ever shop Lowes again either.

Very angry!!!!!!! :(

THIS PAINT STINKS!!! I've been painting for 35 years, usually stick to Benji Moore but my SIL bought the Valspar Ultra Premium (what a joke!)for my daughter as a gift.

We didn't open the cans for a couple of months, and when I finally did the paint had separated so badly it looked like a broken hollandaise. Took it back to the store and had them shake it back up, but it never did look like it was fully incorporated.

It goes on lumpy, never flows out, and doesn't even hide itself. Absolutely, without a doubt the worst stuff I've EVER used.

I'm currently using white Valspar Cieling Paint (goes on light purple & turns white) over white cielings. During the 4th coat, we're finally seeing it all blend together.

The first 3 coats, all you get are roller marks, streaks, uneven. Very, very bad paint!

I painted 2 rooms,my livingroom and kitchen.We used Valspar paint and found it nice paint to work with.It went on like butter.I will use it again.

Bought 1 gallon of Valspar Signature paint color (warm fog) this morning. Got 3/4 of it done - decided to pack it up and return it.

Wall prep was perfect; pre-primed white - paint runs and does not cover.

Roller marks everywhere - when cutting the trim to the ceiling all brush marks are visible. How do they sell so much paint. I have been doing over the eight rooms in our house and until the kitchen used Benjamin More and Sherwin Williams no problems.

Like BM more, but the most expensive however doing it twice is worse.

Bad Paint I would not buy Valspar ever again. Don't know whether or not they will refund the money but at this point I really don't care.

#461916

Worst paint I have ever used. Only bought it because the salesperson at Lowes pushed it.

Every complaint posted here is true.

It never completely dries, peels right off when bumped slightly, drips badly while being applied and stinks for weeks. Do yourself a favor and void this paint like the plague!

Three days ago I bought 4 gallons of Valspar Premium paint in eggshell finish which was recommended by the paint associate. Spent two days painting and love the color, hate the paint!!!!!

It shows uneven roller marks and looks terrible. I'm an interior designer and have NEVER had this issue. Usually use Ben Moore and am so mad at myself for not buying it instead. Now I have to see if I can get my money back and do the labor all over again.

BTW, followed the preparation instructions and used the correct roller and brush for the eggshell finish. I'm soooo disappointed!

Tried the Valspar paint+primer because I had gift cards to Lowe's. What a mistake!!

Had already primed the walls because they were two-tone from a previous owner. This stuff caused sag edges just from cutting in the borders!! And then the rolled paint sagged off of the cut-in borders!! Even had the *** run down the corners and puddle on the floor.

I have done all of my own painting (exterior and interior) for over 30 years and have NEVER had this happen before. Obviously the paint sucks and I would NEVER RECOMMEND this to anyone, professional or DIYer.

Valspar paint is the worse paint that you can buy and I have been painting for over 40 years. No two gallons purchased at different times ever come out to the same shade.

Never covers like they say it will. color mixing machines in the stor nevr produce the correct shade.

Stay away!

I HAVE BEEN PAINTING FOR TEN YEARS AND I HAVE USED BETTER PAINT FROM WALMART .. I USED BECAUSE CUSTOMER REQUESTED COLOR FROM THERE.

ITS BEEN 4 DAYS AND PAINT IS STILL TACKY.. ALSO THE EGGSHELL HAS MORE OF A SEMIGLOSS PAINT SHEEN TO IT.. I KNOW I PREPARED THE WALL RIGHT.

I AM RETURNING TO THE LOWES I BOUGHT IT FROM TO RAISE ***. EXPENSIVE PAINT TO NOT WORK...

You are right that lowe's line of valspar is terrible but don't let that turn you off to valspar all together. The valspar medallion line is a great paint and It's a bit cheaper than behr.

Although I will say behr is still a bit better. Also remember that if your walls are already painted than you don't need to use a primer.

We bought and had our house painted with Valspar exterior paint 9 years age, we notice that acouple years age the paint job started peeling on serveral areas of the house. We contacted Valspar and they were willing to replace the paint (we still had the receipt) We will not use that *** paint again.

i spent 40.00 for to gallons of ceiling paint that could not cover i one coat white over white,are you kidding?left streaks ,roller marks and i used the recommened type of roller from lowes.now i have to spend double to attempt to make it look acceptable.trying for a refund from lowes today

I am a Lowe's paint associate who has been employed three years in Arizona. I have found that just about every customer I have asked for valspar paint feedback has loved this paint!

Usually if a problem ocurs, it is due to lack of surface preperation,cleaning, priming etc. Gene :roll

Valspar used on wood exterior trim is cracked and peeling in less than 2 years. Terrible paint, will never use again.

VALSPAR SUCKS. I've always used Ben Moore which works beautifully - used Valspar for the first time because of convenience, & they had the colors i needed.

Big mistake. This paint is extremely drippy & on thin side, you can see drips running down the wall from edging. Looks messy.

Not very durable, blocked off areas with blue tape to paint different color, tape completely took paint off. I am an experienced painter, this formula was really disappointing.

Remeber Latex paint takes up to 30 days to fully cure. More than likely the cause of the situation, these items were allowed to come in contact to the walls before they were fully cured allowing them to stick and cure whitch is what caused the peeling:(

I have only ever used Behr and Glidden paints. We went to paint my Fil and husbands barber shop, and my sister in law was in charge of picking up the paint.

I assumed she'd get Behr. Instead she got valspar. HUGE mistake!!! Took three coats of white to cover a very very pale shade of mint green.

It's very watery and cheap paint.

Behr ultra, two coats MAX and my home bathroom looks amazing. Too late for the barber shop though :(

used valspar for the first time,never again :x way too thick and when i opened the can the second time there where clumps of paint in it,i opened a can of behr paint from 3 yrs ago and was in better condition then this fresh valspar

Nwver Again! I used the Valspar Ceiling white that goes on purple and is suppose to dry flat white.

It dried a lighter shade of purple. Tried covering the purple with another brand of ceiling white and the purple bled thru, then tried a coat of Kilz and it's still purple.

Checked the surface with a moisture meter after drying and got a 0%. Glad it's a small room, looks like a drywall job now.

I am so angry I could punch something. I just tried painting my laundry room with Valspar Eggshell in a dark red color.

It was like trying to paint with egg whites, I couldn't get it to adhere to the wall. I have painted for years and never experienced anything like this. I called Lowes and they encouraged me to come back and switch from eggshell to satin. They also encouraged me to use a very flat roller nap and said it might take three or four coats to get good coverage...what in the world?!!!!!

Came home full of optimism....now I have the biggest mess I have ever seen. Bubbles and globs, goey red paint running all over the place. I am so angry. It is going to take a sander to grind this stuff down to a smooth wall finish and I cannot imagine how long that is going to take.

Valspar and Lowes are going to hear from me in the morning. #(#$($*$*$W

Valspar and Lowes are going to hear from me in the morning. #(#$($*$*$W

:upset We purchased several 5 gallon buckets of this Valspar no VOC paint for our new home. We assumed the runny, low coverage-have-to-do-over-again problems were due to the no VOC quality.

We were resigned to re-painting when we came in two days ago and found that every wall contained bunches of spots, large and small. They seemed to follow a lateral pattern for the most part, but on the out-pointing corners, there were blotchy spotted messes as well. We're stunned. And we thought it was just because it was no VOC and we had to make due with it.

I took photos and will bring them into the store to get refunds. This sets us back several weeks' worth of work.

Valspar paint SUCKS--do not waste the money! We have spent hundreds of dollars in this paint b/c it was used on the house before we bought it and Valspar is the only one to carry this color.

the exterior paint didn't even last 3 years and areas exposed to alot of sunlight even less. We had a gift card and decided to try the porch paint.

I'm glad we didn't use our money b/c it hasn't even been a month and it is already peeling and in areas where porch chairs have been pushed around, the paint came right up. SCRATCH PROOF MY ***!!!

We used it, and it's a horrible product. What is even worse is that you can't even remove the stuff easily.

You have to scrape it, and it is really difficult to do so. Our front door window now looks a mess. At least we stopped at the first before spraying the second. Everyone, should you ever wish to do something with your windows, don't bye Valspar.

Get something else that won't fail what should be a simple job. If only I saw this website sooner, then I wouldn't have let the man at Lowe's give it to my mom to use.

And it's just a new house. :sigh

Seriously, don't buy this stuff I paid $35.00 per gallon for semigloss signature paint that dried way too quickly and left roller marks everywhere. I just remodled this room and these people actuall talked me into putting 3 coats onto my new walls, actually makes me sick.

I had my first experience with Valspar and it will be my very last. Spent 3 nights (4 hours each) painting a 12x14 room that has off white walls with the Hi Def Yellow paint (base coat).

Another 2 days (6 hours the 1st day and 7 hours the 2nd day) applying the Brilliant Metals Gold Metallic paint. There were lines galore! It dries way too fast. It was super watery.

JUNK, JUNK, JUNK!!!! I took it all back to Lowe's and got a refund. Now, I would love for Valspar to pay me for the time I put into the whole thing. What a waste of time to wreck my walls.

Now I've got to fix it. :(

I just TRIED to paint my front door with Vaelspar. Very, very, very BAD paint.

It bubbled, would not cover in one coat, would not let you marry/blend the paint without pulling it up and worst of all it won't dry. It is sticky, sticky, sticky. I need to remove it an repaint with any other brand than this. Stay away from this.

I consider myself a semi-professional weekend warrior who has never, NEVER, experienced such a problem in my entire painting life and I learn how to paint from the best my Grandpa! :(

I painted my way through college I have put on more than 1000 gallons of paint. I used Valspar from Lowes and have had trouble with it bubbling.

Even when I brush it it leaves bubbles. I have seen this before but it always levels out. Not this, it dries with the rings of bubbles in it all over the wall. To prevent it you must run all the paint out of the roller and go over the paint.

That gets most bubbles out and takes about three times as long to paint a wall. Don't use Valspar.

Painted my stairwell and hall. Paint is splotchy.

Shiny in some spots and dull in others! Can see roller marks. Complained to

paint desk and was told that I put too much paint on the roller!! Painted 2 daughters new homes this spring with Behr!

Never had this problem! Never using this paint again!

Solution to sand and repaint! Not with their paint!!

Definately the worse paint on the market.

It bubbled like no tomorrow..Being an experience painter, I thought I would try it out..guess what? ..I took it back for a refund, and bought Bengamin Moore...

my parents used valsper outdoor non skid paint. it looked good for a day.

the paint had dried. the next day it rained and the paint came off. it is the cheapest paint on the market.

we are returning the other can we purchased and bringing back the unused portion of the first can. i hope that lowes will reimburse us for both cans.

So, I have been painting for years, helping people get rooms painted without contractors prices..All of my jobs are referrals . When it came to baseboard, doors, casings, and fronts..

the 1 coat paint isn't covering.. I do know most 1 coats paints mean 2 coats... after the 2nd coat it was still wet and looked as it should. The next day when I walked in to work on casings..

the baseboards looked matte , whithdrawn and clearly not covered.. (keep in mind they are bisque to begin with).and i am using bright white and a semi gloss. So... to the casings ..

3 coats and the same results.. We have the Valspar rep coming out today.. finally after 6 days of waiting for him.. I am a bit nervous, cause I was told these reps..

will blame you on everything before they admit product flaw. My clients are wondering if I am just a less than even "good" painter.. makes me sick.. but will report back after my meeting today.

I take pride in my job and bid them per job .. not hour ..

because i like to take my time and do it correctly. I have the worst taste for Valspar paint and will decline any job that clients insist on me using it from this day foreword .

1st time using Valspar paint, we painted our tween daughter's room in a beautiful blue back in the 1st week of August 2011... October 12th 2011, the room still has a horrible paint smell.

We have aired out the room with open window, ceiling fan and window fan from the time we get up until bed and as soon as we close the room up the smell is back. I put a bowl of vinegar in the room (home remedy for paint smell) and it made no difference. Also, we had a particularly warm day to which the house got up to 74 degrees, the paint smelled so bad, we moved my daughter out of the room. Still today, she is not in her new room.

You can put your nose to the walls and smell the paint. It is not sticky, but the paint smell is significant. Valspar offered to send us their asthma/allergy paint to paint again, and there is no way. We are not covering up a potentially dangerous paint smell.

After dealing with Valspar for a week and jumping through hoops, we finally were able to go to our local Lowes and get a refund on the paint.

Hopefully, the smell will eventually go away, until then, my daughter is in a spare room. Will NEVER use Valspar paint again!!!!

I am a retired senior citizen. Paid good money for several cans of *** valspar paint.

Used exterior paint two months ago, today, noticed bubbling and blistering. called custormer services. informed it was mositure in the paint. its taken three months for this to occur.

yea right, just *** paint. never again, going to use every websit to complain about valspar paint. also looking into to lawsuit. just not right to sell ***.

June to Octber,2011, painted job should still look good. It in the front of the house too,really angery.

three months ago, had my house painted using valspar, exterior paint. today, three months later, paint is blistering and peeling.

what a *** paint. used benejamin moore and had no problems. never again, using valspar paint.

going to take back remaining paint. stay away from valspar.

Used 7 gallons of exterior paint (Medallion) on a house and garage. The roller left the bubbles, as mentioned by Dave in Churchville, so i tried spraying it instead, which dripped like crazy, and i'm an experienced spray painter.

(The primer went on without a hitch with both methods.)

Hours later, i can still leave fingerprints in the film. Never again.

I'd like to add, I refused the offer of the new can of Valspar paint, would never use it again.

Painted my daughters room in July 2011, 2 months later, the walls are still sticky. Had Valspar rep.

and Lowes paint mgr. here at my house, they agreed paint was sticky and only offered my money back and a can of valspar primer and new paint to try again. Very annoyed. If this doesn't work, not sure what to do next.

The room also smells so bad, their paint is horrible, should be taken off the market.

Also, Valspar rep. acted like he never heard of this problem but from the looks of this complaint board, I think he lied.

We used Valspar for our nursery, and it smelled like sour pickles. The smell got worse with sunlight and air (bacteria, anyone?).

Valspar and Lowes agreed it was bacteria in the paint, and refunded us all the money for the product and the supplies. Valspar bought us the Asthma and Allergy paint to fix the sour smell. Didn't work. Ended up having to use KILZ all over walls, ceiling, and closet and hire a professional painter.

Used Aura by Ben. Moore, and smell is finally gone ($700 later). Used Asthma and Allergy in a different room, too, and it, too, smells! I am afraid I'm going to have to use KILZ again and repaint AGAIN (with Ben.

Moore this time).

WE WILL NEVER USE VALSPAR AGAIN! Something is obviously wrong with their paint.

Quite possibly the WORST paint on the market!! I am a professional abstract artist and have also done faux finishes over the past ten years.

This paint is so thin and runny, it drips from the roller and runs on the wall. I am currently on my third coat and can still see the flat white paint i'm trying to cover!

They should take this horrible paint off the market. :(

Is anyone interested in beginning a class action lawsuit for damages incurred for paint that will not dry?

fixed nail and tack holes, primed with Kilz about a week ago. Today began painting finish coat with roller and noticed small bubbles all over the walls.

I have never had this happen in my 40 years of painting using all brands and types of paint.

I used a wide brush to tip the paint and knock off the bubbles. hopefully I can cover with sherwin williams paint and do not have to prime again :cry

*** who paints their guitar.

I painted my guitar with it and I waited for it to cure. Seemed fine 2 days later I laid it on my carpet.

Bad move now I have a huge mark on my carpet that looks like the body of the guitar. Great job on the adertisements but I think valspar should have spent more money on trying to develop a product that Dries like maybe added more hardener idk whatever.

Yes, there is such a thing as paint and primer in one. I know because I have used different brands with much success.

Valspar Signature Hi-DEF paint is the worst excuse for paint I have ever come accross!!! I was hired to paint a child's room with bright orange paint. I told them that a paint and primer in one would cover in one coat because in all my previous experiences it has. Valspar Signature Hi-DEF paint is the worst product I have ever used in twenty years!

I don't know how many people will remember the powder drink mix called "Tang". It was advertised many years ago as "What the astronauts drink". It had an orange flavor and looked like orange tea. I would have had better coverage on the walls if I had used "Tang" instead of Valspar paint!!!!!

I called the number on the can (888-313-5569) to complain. I guess Abby (the woman I spoke to is used to complaints) She was very short with me and said "Nowhere on the can does it say it is a "one coat" paint!" I replied that it was supposed to be a paint AND primer in one. She again said "Nowhere on the can does it say it is a "one coat" paint!" I guess I was fooled by the words "paint and primer in one" and "superior coverage".

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! I paint for a living and will from now on REFUSE to use Valspar paint!

Everybody who is negative about valspar paint are retards and don't know how to paint

I was begining to wonder if there was anyone else in the world with this problem...looks like there is.

Purchased a 5-gallon bucket of white Valspar exterior paint for a playhouse. After prepping exterior and priming, I applied FOUR coats...and it still needed more. Took it back to Lowe's and explained what happened. They didn't blink when my hubby asked for an exchange, thinking there was something wrong with bucket we got.

Tried again. Same problem. Tried a different surface. Same problem. Returned it to Lowe's again...excellent customer service.

Tried one coat of Weatherbeaters from OSH and it covered beautifully.

So, the other day I wanted to paint an interior room. I tried Valspar interior eggshell. Applied three coats. SAME PROBLEM. Pulled out an old can of BEHR interior white paint...covered beautifully.

I love Lowe's, but not Valspar paint!

I agree this is by far the very worst paint I have ever used. I just finished a room and have the same problem with the bubbling..

The paint with primer did not cover a stripe as advertised. I am hoping it dries ok bur after reading ll the problems I doubt it will

have had similar problems, we spent a lot of time and money to repaint living room, kitchen 2 story foyer and laundry room. will never buy Vaspar paint again.

What a huge waste of time and money.

i am still fixing walls that the premium paint, that keeps peeling off the properly prepaired walls. DON'T WAISE YOUR MONEY ON VALSPAR PAINT!!!!

Valspar have just launched there product in the UK. PURCHASES 2 DIFFERENT COLOUR BOOTH DRIED OUT DIFFERENT FROM THE COULER CHART .CUSTOMER SERVICES VERY DEFENSIVE SPE NT 35 MIN GOING ROUND AND ROUND AND SITUATION IS STILL UNRESOLVED REFUND REFUSED NOT GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP EVEN WHEN THEY ARE TYING TO GET A HOLD OF THE UK MARKET .

I bought a gallon of Valspar outdoor latex paint and primer in one. Spent approx $50 @ Lowes And was told that this is their best quality paint, hence the price.

I cleaned my garage door, and sanded the rough sections. Started with the first coat, and it was o.k. Until I got to the last panel of the door. The paint when applied started to form little bubbles when applied.

Weird, since I hadn't changed anything in terms of brushes, application, and it was the same door. I poured a new batch from the can and started my second coat. The bubbles appeared even more than before. The only way for me to somewhat get rid of them was to allow the paint to sit for about 5 mins on the door, and then go back over it again in order to burst the bubbles.

If you look closely, u can still see the bursted bubbles on the surface. Needless to say that I bought a few cans at the same time for different projects, but I'll be returning them.

So we decided to re do our bathroom, and we chose valspar. It is the worst paint ever!

It took about 4 coats, super tacky, and it is peeling off the walls and we just painted it 3 days ago. I don't even know what to do about it, it is just horrible. It still doesn't look even after the 4th coat. We are so aggravated.

What was suppose to be a fun project ended up being a nightmare! :(

I painted with the high gloss paint on a dresser that had been sanded, cleaned, dried, primed twice with Valspar white primer and two coats of primer included paint. Each coat of primer and paint was allowed to rest 24 hours between coats. It was done indoors, in a climate controlled area. It has been over a month and it is still tacky to touch and it doesn't show any signs of drying because it is just as sticky now as it was two weeks ago.

For 40 years I have been painting, staining and so on things I have built myself as well as houses inside and out. The only time I had trouble it wasn't with the paint, until now. That being said, if you buy cheap, expect more coats and costs.

However, this time, it was the paint. I contacted the company via email and the rep was very friendly and willing to help. He said I didn't do it wrong and he doesn't know why it has done this and that he had not seen any problems with this particular batch of paint. He offered me a refund immediately, which is all you can expect. I believe it takes quite a combination of things to do it right, and we can't all be 100% perfect at anything. I also believe Valspar sells their products with good faith intentions or they would not willingly refund your money. If they didn't, they would be out of business in a heartbeat.

Valspar..wtf? so after reviewing all of the negative *** that is being said i am not even going to use the unopened free gallon of white i found in the home im moving into.. glad i looked into it.

No such thing as a paint and primer in one.. Paint was not bad after second coat, but the sell, I have never used an interior latex paint with such a strong, bad and long lasting odor.

Enough to make eyes water and give headaches.. Lasted almost two weeks.

Will go back to Ben Moore Natura.

"My husband and I have always used Valspar paint. This time, he tried a new finish, their Ultra Premium Kitchen and Bath Soft Gloss Paint. We've remodelled houses, built houses, and know how to prepare a wall. This one is going to have to be sanded, skimcoated, and repainted. It's peeling off the wall in multiple places, and is still sticky to touch after over 3 weeks on the wall in air conditioned conditions."

Builders dont use Valspar....ever.

Just used some custom mixed Valspar signature product from Lowes to paint some furniture. This stuff is awful.

Some of the worst paint I've ever used and I've been painting for 30 years. I would not recommend this to anyone especially for the price you are paying. Definitely would NOT use for painting my house. It doesn't cover well at all, goes on horribly, does not hold a wet edge, and clean up is a mess.

I had to throw out my high quality brush because it wouldn't come clean.

I love Lowes, but DO NOT buy this product. Go somewhere else.

Don't buy this paint! Valspar paint fumes are strong even though they claim a "low fume" rating.

Made me sick, no paint has ever done that to me before. My husband had to finish. Made him sick to. We painted our bathroom, the paint ran down the wall when we added the second coat.

Had to sand those spots. The walls still feel sticky 2 weeks later.

I would not recommend buying this paint product. :cry

Regularly shop at Lowes. If given a choice, I will shop Lowe's rather than Home Depot.

So, I felt pretty confident purchasing their paint. I usually get Behr. This was the biggest mistake. This paint is cheap, does not cover well.

Left roller marks on the wall. I generally find people who complain about a product, usually are overly picky. NOT THIS TIME.

The product is not, absolutely not worth the money. Will continue to shop Lowe's, but will never buy paint from them.

Painted my whole house with Valspar paint. As a non pro it seemed to cover well and looked good.

Because scope of work was rather large decided to hire pro painter. It has been over 5 months and the trim paint (gloss white) feels tacky, it is not peeling just sticky to touch. The rep said cover it with a clear coat. My painter told me we need to sand it to give the clear coat some teeth.

I don't know what to do with this substandard product.

I do know it is costing time and money to correct a problem that should have not happened.I can't wait to see what Valspar recommends they have taken no action as of yet. oh I also have left messages for the rep that will not return a F phone call.

I just painted my bedroom using Valspar asthma & allergy friendly paint. It smells worse than any other paint I have ever used.

I expected more for the $57.98 price I paid for this 'special' paint. I would not recommend this paint to anyone with allergies.

We used Valspar primer about 2 weeks ago and it had a horrible smell. It smelled like cat urine.

My husband and I figured it was the primer so we quickly painted over the primer in hopes of getting rid of this horrible smell. Well, its been 2 weeks now and the smell is just as bad. I have to keep spraying the room or lighting candles to mask the smell.

I will never use this paint ever again. And by the way, 2 weeks later and the paint is still tacky.

My wife and I bought a 3 year old home that had been foreclosed.. and right away began to paint the still "contractot white" walls throughout the house.

I have been a contractor for 30+ years, and have always used Sherwin Williams paint until this house. Valspar HD is ***!!! It does not cover like they say, and even after two coats of this "one coat" paint.. there are streaks, and white spots where the paint did not cover properly.

AND DON'T even try to go back and touch up a spot .. the color is not going to be the same. We properly prepared the surfaces.. and we only use professional quality brushes and rollers.

The bottom line is VALSPAR it *** paint.

Spend the extra buck and get a decent paint like Sherwin Williams or Ben Moore. Otherwise you are going to end up with a less than desirable paint job.

Painted the whole interior of the house with Valspar. All of the seams ended up a different shade, they won't blend.....after the rooms were painted for a month, we had a new expensive mirror propped against the wall waiting to be hung. When going to get the mirror to hang it was sticking to the wall and even took the finish off the mirror....nice, what was more money wasted all of the *** painted walls or the 8 foot mirror that now needs to be patched...get it right Valspar!

:) I have used numerous brands of paints over the years for home and unit rentals. I have that "valspar" was the best choice to use.

Climate and type of paint various which could have caused such an effect. gds...

We just used Valspar paint from lowes. Some was ok the rest was so watery - when it was rolled on it left bubble - huge bubble.

We left a pan of it out for several hours to dry out and it was much better like normal pain would be.

I think they have added a lot of water to their paint - funny we bought this at a time when the paint went on sale - planned by Valspar - I think so - either watered it down to have more volume to sell or a manufacturing mistake and they wanted to get rid of it and make you think you were getting a great deal - NO deal at all. Poor poor quality

:( We added onto our bedroom and gave lowes the size of the room. They advised it would take two gallons, which that was not enough.

Not to mention the paint just doesn't cover well at all and has streaks through out it. Valspar signature/primer sucks......

I just used valspar for my master bathroom, a zen morning for arounf my garden tub in satin, a dark brown semi gloss for the cabinets and a light tan suede for the walls. This paint goes on well and covers nicely, I use primer regrdless of the job or pint I use as this creates the proper foundation-never ever had a problem with any of the Valspar paints, it cover the smoke covered ceilings on the home I bought, 1 coat after primer, used it in the bedrooms, both baths, furniture pieces etc. I enjoy Ralph Lauren and Behr as well, the only paint I love the colors of but not the paint is Martha Stewart-not sure why everyone seems to have a problem with Valspar, deep hued great pigments, nice coverage if you properly prepare the surface-I am a huge fan of Valspar.

i painted my liveing room with valspar its a joke! the can said one coat, yea right!

the first coat wouldnt even stay on the wall i let it dry for an hour and it rolled right back off it was a nightmare!

Ive got a few more rooms i want to paint but sorry valspar u wont be pick for the job! I 110% AGREE ITS HORRIBLE PAINT

hi all. I build high end heavy duty beach swings and chairs had been using all the Bride colors worked well,I get this order for a king size swing,king size chair,to be natural gloss,so i meet with valspar rep.he says use cabot gloss spar varnish,it is the best,ultimate u.v.protection,marine durability,exterior formulation and it remains flexible and will expand and contract.

sounds great! cost more but it will hold up.guess what it did not,i had to drive 200 miles to pick them up and pay back $1100.00$.

sounds great!

cost more but it will hold up.guess what the rep. will not return my calls,i called lowes and talked to the store manger of witch he said he would have him call the same day,THATS BEEN SEVEN DAYS AGO AND NO CALLS,I GUESS I WILL LOAD THEM IN MY TRUCK WITH A BIG SING THAT SAYS VALSPAR CABOT THE REP.AND LOWES GEN.MANG.ALL SUCK AS MUCH AS THEIR PAINT DOES.

I used the Valspar spray paint to paint a guitar. Because the only crackle medium Lowe's sells is Valspar I wanted to keep it all the same brand.

Well, I put on the base coat 3 days ago and it's still tacky to the touch.

Ugh. Bad bad paint.

I've been painting for over 30 years, in my home and on the job. I use proffesional tools & brushes and always relied on Ben Moore.

However, I tried Lowe's Val-Spar Porch & Deck paint when repainting my cellar stairway and treads. Worst paint I ever used, no adhesion and it took forever to dry.

The surfaces were clean and repaintable but this stuff took 3 coats to cover the same grey paint already on the woodwork.

I do like Lowe's, but sorry I ran back to my local Ben Moore store when I repainted my kitchen. Oh, Home Depot paint ain't much better, go Olympic or B Moore

Painted a small room with Valspar Signature/primer, this is horrible, horrible paint. So much streaking. What was I thinking

:sigh th paint is HORRIBLE, don't cover anything , i hate it GRRRRRRRR....

:cry I have used Valspar for over 25 years, the last painting being approximately 10 years ago. Just decided to repaint our master bedroom and the paint is streaky (although over a very light color). I'm sorry Lowe's, but this is the worst paint I have used and I have used lots of different brands.

I think Valspar was good back in the day. I used it in 2007 to paint my house and was very pleased.

I went to Lowes last month to pick a color for my daughters room and I was very disappointed. It seems that Lowes has really changed their paint department. I grabbed some brochures to take home. I also decided to go to Home Depot and do the same.

You can even tell from the brochures, Home Depot has better quality than Lowes.

I ended up shopping at Home Depot. My daughter picked a purple that will live with us for ever.!

Loew's Valspar paint is very bad and a waste of time...seriously...i've used Dunn-Edwards, Benjamin Moore, and Home Depot paint successfully and w/o problems. This has been a regrettable experience!!!

#19 if you're a pro painter then A, you should know better than to use 'kills'. B, it's spelled Kilz. And yes, it is a terrible primer.

We just painted our spare bedroom with the Valspar Signature/primer included.$$, but we thought it was worth it, and has seen many commercials that it will cover. Needless to say, it was horrible!

drippy, and thin.One coat hardley covered, so we waited until 2 days later to put 2nd coat.. the 2nd coat actually peeled off the first coat! A MESS! had the Valspar Rep here to "see" the disaster.

He asked what we wanted.. I replied, have someone come and fix our walls. He told us that he could refund out money, and talk to His Manager, but since he has been working for Valspar, they have NEVER paid for LABOR to fix what their paint messed up. Buyer beware..

read the small print for warranty..

and also pay a few more $ and but the better paint.. VALSPAR POOR PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I wish I had read this before we painted our kitchen. What a nightmare!

The paint peels away! We have had to have a drywaller come back three times to work on the ceiling where we removed can lights and added pendants.

He has never seen paint just fall off like this. HORRIBLE!

Horrible ODOR!!! I have used a lot of paint...and this one has the most horrific odor that will not go away!!!

I've been remodeling my laundry room and have had a horrible time with my Valspar paint. I primed the walls first with Bullseye primer.

Then I applied the Valspar. When it dried, millions of tiny bubbles appeared on the walls. I had to sand everything down and discovered that the Valspar didn't adhere to the primer. You could literally peel it right off.

Next I applied a new coat of primer - and, I kid you not, it slid off the wall as it dried. It looked like piles of wrinkly old skin. I've scraped and sanded again. Today I'm applying new primer and it seems to be going well.

I've never had this much trouble with paint. As many have mentioned the "dry" Valspar felt very sticky.

I definitely think that something was wrong with it. By the way, the humidity in the room has fluctuated between 42% and 47%.

It feels like it never dries. Apply a little pressure with your hand and it drags in a *** sort of way.

When you try to paint over it with another brand of water-based paint, the new paint tries to bead, as if you were painting over Teflon or something oily.

I am speaking of painting over Valspar semi-gloss that is three weeks old, as dry as it's going to get, absolutely clean, and sanded. I am not talking about painting over a lousy prep job.

i was warned about this paint but got a lowe's gift card so i gave it a try. it sucks!!!!!!!

it is like the children's nail polish you buy that peals off. it stays sticky and if you touch up anything it dries a different color!

#262079

I agree with #2. It leaves a mark whenever you wipe it down.

I DO know how to paint, thoroughly prepped surface, and with excellent quality rollers. terrible paint at 32/gallon paint with primer.

Trying to get satisfaction from Valspar. NEVER AGAIN.

#262078

I agree with #2. It leaves a mark whenever you wipe it down.

Trying to get satisfaction from Valspar. NEVER AGAIN.

I will never use this paint again. It is expensive and is NOT user friendly for anyone.

I bought Walmart paint, the walmart paint was less than 1/2 the price of valspar and it was incredibly easy to paint with.

Never again Valspar. CD canada

I am a professional painter, and Valspar is not the greatest paint. Its durable, yes.

And I have not had any problems I rolled a lightwith the kitchen and bath line. But The other lines are problematic. Whenever you need to touch up you see every stroke. When you wipe it down with a damp clothes it shows and stays, especially on dark walls.

And the roller marks!! I rolled a Malt wall 5 times, thought it may have been me so I needed to prove myself wrong 5 times. On last coat I even paint paint evenly on roller.And its not the roller marks from the end of roller (the line), its the actual texture from the roller cover. It seems as tho no matter how much you stir, shake etc..it does not hold its consistency in finish..IE satin is more shinny way you touch up on paint that has already cured, or only up for 5 hours.

Anyhow, those who say you just dont know how to paint or surface was not prepped, I have used it on fresh drywall, primed twice with kills, so I'm thinking you are not as an anal painter as I.

Maybe you just get in get out get job done. Or in poor lighting!!

I used the valspar paint in my bathroom and was not happy with it at all. Sticking to the roller and once you moved on you would look back and see runs.

I will not use again

VALSPAR FLAT PAINT DOES NOT DRY FLAT - IT DRIES WITH A SATIN FINISH. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PAINT - EVER!!

:eek: I have to side with the dissatisfieds on this issue. Just finished painting my bathroom.

walls a color and all trim a semi-gloss white. We used the Signature-type. While I'm not thrilled with the walls, (roller marks)it wasn't nearly as bad a the white. I applied 3(three) coats and still have some barely visable streaks AND I was painting over a semi-gloss white!

One coat coverage?

I don't think so! Sorry Valspar, $12.00 a gal paint would have done as well.

Valspar paint is fine. I've been using it for several years. Yes it is very thick, yes you can get brush marks. This isn't rocket science people. First, read the can, read any can of any product and they all say that if you're dissatisfied the manufacturer will refund the cost of the material and they all, every last one of them, say they are not responsible for consequential damages. I think that means stuff like labor, brushes, etc. Says it right on the can of any product you've ever bought that offers a warranty.

Next, while you're reading the warranty on the can, try reading the instructions. What? they're in spanish? rotate the can, there ya go english. Now read them, do what they tell you to do. That means scraping, preparing, cleaning, priming, temperature, humidity, painting and re-coating exactly the way the instructions tell you to.

If you insist on not doing the prep work, not buying quality applicators, thinking you can skip cleaning, priming, painting when it's just a "little" warmer than the instructions say, than you should expect the product will fail.

Do you think that the instructions are there for fun? Or maybe for people who have OCD because they're so particular? No, the instructions are there because this is what the company has determined is necessary for the successful implementation of their product.

Now try painting a room and try following the directions. Also remember that two thin coats are better than one thick coat. This is particularly true with some of Valspars paints. Think thinner, you may not even need a second coat, particularly if you primed the way you were supposed to. Some of Valspar's stuff isn't like the stuff you've used in the past. Rapid changes in technology happen in the coatings business just as quickly as they do in any other.

:cry

What some of these people need to realize is that a dried paint film is only the thickness of a few sheets of paper. When a surface is properly prepared, that paint film will adhere and protect the surface underneath.

If you don't clean your walls before painting, the film sticks to dirt, not the walls. If you paint over semi-gloss paint, you need to properly prepare the wall as well - either scuff sand and clean it, or clean and prime the wall. Finally applicators are one of the most important things - a good quality applicator will help your final paint finish. Why spend all of this money on paint and then buy cheap rollers?

There's a reason why professionals spend a lot of money on applicators. Remember: paint does not cause roller marks.

ROLLERS do. UGH.

I love Lowe's Valspar paint. I think most of the people complaining here do not know how to paint!

#219964

I had an addition of 5000 sq ft put on my house. A few different rooms.

Didn't have one problem with the Valspar brand. Matters of fact, it looks better than any of the other brands in the rest of my house. After reading some of these comments I'm glad I hire a real professional to do the work at my house.

Looks like I have made out considering all the money I would have had to spend because I made a silly mistake by not knowing how to apply it or whatever....then having to do it over. I'm no dummy, I'm smart enough to realize all the stuff they put in paint don't make paint like back in the ole days!

#219949

First off I would like to know the moisture content in the air of some of your homes! Secondly, judging by some of your comments you shouldn't have a paint brush in your hands let alone a paint roller.

Most of you have commented you're trying to save money. Here's a clue for you...if you don't know what to buy or how to do it, save yourself alot of hassle and hire a professional. In the long run you will be saving money, alot of it. I'm sure you realize this now!

Btw, no I don't work for Valspar! Have a great day

I thought we just had bad luck with Valspar paint. My husband and I painted our six room house last year.Within less than 2 months every room in our house was horrible. We are both in our sixties can't afford to pay someone to do this,so here we are again PAINTING,PAINTING,more money.And it sure not Valspar !And I will spread the word,they need to take this off the market.

jeff.zaun

Check consumer reports! you obviously don't know how to paint.

My husband and I bought 6 gallons of the Valspar Signature Colors Interior Paint from Lowe's. After painting our entire house we realized that you can see every roller mark and every brush stroke.

We asked an associate at Lowe's why this happened and he suggested we buy better rollers....we did and the exact same thing happened.

Lowe's should NOT be recommending this product or selling it!!!! It is awful and a waste of time and money :(

I had my house painted hiring a professional painting contractor...I provided the paint...I chose Lowes severe weather paint.... after 2.5 years it started fading. At 3.0 years it was horrible and needed repainting...

I contacted Lowes...They refund the cost of the paint $600+ but didnt refund any of the labor cost $7,000+

Not happy at all that I am paying to have my house painted again after 3 years

After spending 12 hours sanding, priming then painting my kitchen cabinets I am left with a HORRIBLE mess. I specifically asked the Lowes employee "I am painting kitchen cabinets, will this paint stick?"

"I promise, it wont."

I will be going back to Lowes today and demanding a complete refund. This trash needs to be taken off of the shelves.

I wonder how Lowes can refund my time?

I agree with all of the comments regarding the paint being awful.. I painted my bedroom, took 3 coats and if you have anything up against it it sticks to the wall and takes the paint off!

This is after 2 years of it being up.

It scratches off, paint shouldn't scratch off! Wouldn't buy this paint again!

#205820

Horrible experience with Valspar. I bought 5 gallons of their premium paint with the extra primer in it thinking I was getting a top of the line product that would save me time and effort.

It took THREE coats to cover a simple peach color. When I called Valspar customer service I reached an outrageously rude rep. who made matters waaay worse. I will NEVER use Valspar paint again.

Terrible experience. Not worth the $161.00 I paid.

Avoid at all costs unless you like being ripped off, insulted, frustrated and working 3X as hard to get the job done. BUYER BEWARE.

#202122

Read the label, MIX the paint, and the "protector" is "hardener" lol morons....

#196949

Sherwin Williams... End of problem..

#196789

Same issues as many others, the paint will not dry! We were told it is because we took a shower before waiting 24 hours; we didn't have the shower installed yet! Now they want us to use TSP and try again...never use Valspar paint!!!!

#195246

I used valspar semigloss paint 3 weeks ago, it is still tacky. I called rep a week ago and he said wait a month for it to dry, unheard of, but I figure I wait, until this week, now theres a gummy liquid dripping from certain areas in the room.

Gonna call them today again. Dont use the paint, its defective

#191360

Not good paint for a premium price. I was moving from a white to yellow color-pretty simple for any paint.

But With valspar, I got streaks and could see the where the roller was moving through. Even after two coats no luck.

Finally went with gladden paint which I highly recommend for the price range. A single coat and it's pretty even

#190647

I am having the same problem. I thought I was a horrible painter.

1. The paint never dried even after 3 weeks. I had some drips and tried to sand them off with a hand sander tha tyou wet to lessen the dust and the paint turned to liquid. 2.

It was splotchy on the wall, some spots darker than others. 3. When I tried to pick off the runs the paint came right off the primed wall... I now have a HUGE mess.

4. There are roller marks left in what did dry.

VALSPAR SUCKS!!!!! I painted a medicine cabinet,a wall and a vanity face and after 2 months its still not dry.

Now they want me to repaint over the not dry paint with a protector to dry the paint, NOT!!! I`ve been in the paint business for 33 year and I know that the outside of the paint will appear to be dry however the paint will not be dry.

It may chip easy because of the soft base. Your product is defective period!

After working for number of paint companies, even in the labs... We test this stuff ALL THE TIME 24/7!

Every batch, colorant codes, duribility, application, etc...

But most of you people never read the back of the cans, or you paint when it's 90 degrees and humid, or the day before it rains and you leave it outside, or when it's like 30 degrees outside and you expect it to go on like silk, or you pay for the $45.00 paint, but you buy the .99 cent roller or brush, you don't give enough time between coats, you put it on too thick because you've used the wrong size nap, you put latex over oil, you dillute the product when it say's DO NOT DILLUTE! On the granite paint... I've used this before product on Jobs...

it says to ROLL!!! the first cost... THEN it says to BRUSH!!! the second coat to fill imperfections.

Also 90% of the time, people just pick a color swatch and NEVER TAKE IT HOME to see the color!!! They just assume its going to look like it did in the store under all the florescent lights, then they blame the stores, claiming the color was mixed wrong. HELLO?! THEY DRY a sample of the color most of the time so you know it's Correct before you LEAVE!!

If they don't then ASK! It's all human error when it comes to all paints.

They all seem to have the same problems when it comes to the do it yourself customer. Maybe you shouldn't paint if you have the many doubts...

Valspar paint is horrible. It dry's uneven doesn't even look like the same color in some spots.

Should have went to Benjamin Moore. Live and learn.

We bought valspar ext. premium paint and had it mixed at lowes to match a color they provided.

I was in loews over an hour after the first batch was more purple than burgandy. The second batch finally came out close. I painted my from door and after two weeks the paint is still tacky and bugs have stuck to it. You can scrap it with your finger nail and it comes off.

Valspar rep came out and looked at it and said the paint was fine, it was the weather conditions, thats B.S.. valspar is a joke and there paint is pure junk!

Ill never shop at lowes nor buy valspar again! :(

We painted a complete bedroom set with Valspar paint. What a disaster.

Doors stuck, paint pulls off when the drawers are opened, leaves fingerprints. It cannot be used. Lowes and the Valspar rep have told us it was the humidity.

If that were true shouldn't Valspar have a disclaimer on their label that cautions against painting anything in Florida? The Valspar company will not take responsibility for this horrible paint!

We have had the same problem with the exterior heirloom red. We had a professional painter use this paint to paint new wooden doors.

He sanded the new doors, applied primer, and then gave the doors three coats of paint. He let the doors dry 2 to 4 days between coats. Several days after we hung the doors, we noticed the paint was sticking to the weatherstripping that the doors pressed against when they were closed. As you mentioned, the paint comes off in pieces like a thin strip of rubber.

Since we had not experienced this with the previous doors, we called the painter back to repair the paint. He spoke with the company and they said he had used the correct primer. He re-sanded the bad areas, re-primed and repainted. We left the doors open for two days to allow the paint to dry.

The day after being closed, the paint peeled off the area that touched the weather stripping. We have the removed the weatherstripping and are discussing our next actions with the painter.

All Uns suck in painting. Read the dam back of the CAN.

Never - Ever buy anything that sounds like it is a name of a planet from Star Wars, or a weapon from Star Trek.

Lowes Valspar Kitchen and bath cabinet paint is horrible. It won't dry.

6 weeks later and mine still isn't dry.

Don't buy it. :cry

I just used Valspar's granite paint last night and.. cat litter is a great description of the resulting texture.

It looked so uneven while applying and i tried everything possible to spread out the sand but the paint is so weird. The actual paint part is very thin and drippy and the sand is gloppy and gluey??

i shut the door to the room and thought... it will look better in the morning. When i opened the door in the morning i laughed at how bad it looked..

then almost cried when i couldn't sand it off with a regular sander because the sand on the wall was sanding the tool i was using. So i'm going to use an electric sander. I paid $50 for one gallon and it wasn't even a quarter of what is needed .. I have to risk buying more to see if i can fix it or trash the whole idea.

Someone said if you use Ralph Lauren Suede over top of it , it gives it a better appearance. you'll lose all the money you spent adding the crystals..

but it won't look like a filthy cave of cat litter..

Lowe's should take this product off the shelves and consider returning the duped consumer's hard earned money. The sad thing is that we'll never get back the time wasted on the project.

I used Valspar for the first time today. I've been painting full time for over 12 years and always use Benjamin Moore.

A customer decided to buy the paint while I did the labor. It was Valpars signature paint ($30 a gallon). The cut went well but was going to need a second. When I went to roll I started noticing the paint starting to run down the painted walls in spots.

It was going over a flat finish and this was eggshell. Now I have seen that happen on gloss and even semi-gloss if its on too thick but never on walls using a roller with eggshell. I tried to put it on lighter but still had runs & drips forming all over. After the first coat it took another hour to scrape and sand all the runs and smooth them over with spackle.

The second coat turned into a horror show again. The runs were so bad, and being eggshell if I went back and touched them up it created spots that dried a different texture and sheen. Now I need to go buy some Benjamin Moore and do it over.

In over 12 years on countless jobs I have never seen anything like this with any paint. Not impressed Valspar!!!

Is that all you care about, the bottom line?

:( What is with the colors??? I have tried 14 samples for a blue and a cremey beige. The sample of Dumskin is gorgeous. I bought it in the water based enamel and it is OFF WHITE. Same thing happened when I tried Creme in my Coffee. Lowes claims "oh yes, the shinier finish is lighter" NOT BY TWO COLORS away!!

I am so pissed off!

Half of my cabinets that were supposed to be a buttery creme are painted a white. The others have not been painted yet. $80 bucks down the drain.

I am so pissed off!

I was impresed with the Valspar Ulta semigloss paint and their premium primers appeared to work well for me too but I tried their flat ceiling ultra brilliant white and after 3 coats its still splotchy. Ive never had this issue before. Ill be picking up a can of something else to go over it for a fourth time.

We've remodelled houses, built houses, and know how to prepare a wall.

To Slow and Steady, My husband is a contractor and prepped our new kitchen for paint as he always does. Primed it.

And painted it with Valspar Kitchen and Bath Soft Gloss. It's been 3 weeks and it's still tacky to the touch. When the electrician cut *** for a new electrical box, the paint started peeling off the wall like a banana skin. It's hideous.

I don't think it's very kind to jump to conclusions that people don't know what they are doing when we are discussing a horrible product. My husband is going to have to sand our entire kitchen, skim coat it, and repaint it, but you can bet your britches it won't be with Valspar paint.