Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
Lowes said that they cut tile for customers I bought some quarter round trim to go between my wall and countertop and only needed 4 peices cut into mitered corners. this is a very small job. After i purchased it they told me their saw was broken and sent me to another...

If you refer to the 5th grade as "my senior year" you might be a redneck!

View more comments

Lowes in Palm Bay, Florida - Lowe's Home Improvement Stores-Trapped Birds

Lowe's Home Improvement Stores have a policy, which they claim is in place to prevent birds from entering the store through the Garden Department. As you walk from the outside of the store and enter through the Garden Department, you will see that they have installed netting above the door into the store. This netting allows birds to get into the netting, but they cannot find their way out and they end up dying of starvation and lack of water. I was at the Lowe's Store in Rockledge, Florida about four weeks ago and saw 5 bird carcasses, as well as several birds trapped. One of the trapped birds was a sparrow fledgling, which was nearly dead. I asked the store manager, as well as several store employees to help me remove the bird so I could take him to a wildlife care center. From 7:00 pm until 10:30 pm, I refused to leave the store until they finally found someone who wook a forklift up and got the bird. Since that time, I have made numerous attempts to have this issue addressed by the store manager and have contacted district managers and others who state that this is their policy and they will not do anything to fix the problem. I have checked with several other retailers with similar Garden Department setups (Walmart, Home Depot, etc.). None of these retailers have the netting nor do they feel it makes any difference in keeping the birds from entering the store. Also, several Lowe's employees told me they see birds in the store all the time. Please visit your local Lowe's store and take note of this issue. Please see the store manager and make your concerns known. Let other know of this cruel treatment. This is the only way to make a change.
PeskyBumbleBee238

Some Lowe’s in Indiana and Kentucky hire a company to kill the birds with air rifles. Not just invasive birds, but doves and geese as well.

I have seen fresh dove carcasses myself. They are left there to rot.

There are many nests in our store, and because the mess below can have bird mites, and these are almost impossible to get rid of once they infest your body and house. The birds are pests! Google how to get rid of bird mites and you will find no real solutions, only horror stories of tormented people.

I was there and they were using a backpack blower to clean the back aisles. When dried bird *** are blown around and become airborne spores can cause humans to get very ill.

Shouldn't they be doing this when customers are not present. Don't they want to supply there employees with Proper Proctective Equipment. (PPE) If I were to get sick I would sue Lowe's. After seeing all the bird *** on the products I decided to shop somewhere else.

I didn't want that *** on my clothes. Especially when I was shopping on my lunch break. Maybe OSHA should be called? Lowe's should hire a professional company to clean up the hazardous waste that is all over the soil and mulch.

Instead they tell there employees to do it without informing them of all the health risks.

Saving money vs.caring about their employees. Wow that's a serious topic.

#491951

Our Lowe's has netting outside in the rafters of the garden department (rear area where fencing is). They say it's to keep the birds from pooping on customers and merchandise but the area is still covered with ***.

That's because birds can get into the netting but can't get out. They starve there and the netting is filled with chirping birds of all varieties trying to escape as well as the carcases of the birds that starved to death there. No one at Lowe's cared to hear from me about it and the local DEC wouldn't take up the issue.

Why put up netting if it doesn't do what you want (keeping customers & merchandise safe)and only results in animal cruelty. Put it up right or don't use it at all -- it's cruel.

I happen to work at Lowe's if the lady thinks the net was terrible let me tell you what happened at our store. We had an English Sparrow infestation.

English Sparrows are a non native species and compete with native birds. They are the rodents of the bird kingdom. These birds were pooping everywhere and toting nest material and ruining our plants and messing up the place. It was becoming a health risk because when we cleaned the dried *** became airborn which was inhaled.

Lowe's hired an exterminator to shoot the birds with a BB pistol and poison them. The cover story was they were given a seditive and gathered up to be relocated.

NOT! I love birds don't get me wrong but something had to be done.

So. Lanthony801 hasn't been to many Lowes stores because not all stores have those nets.

The two stores that I have worked with don't have them. Birds get in the store for whatever reason, and guess what? They don't typically come out. We find the bird dead in top stock, and it's either the customer finds them or an employee does.

So, you should probably calm down about the birds a little bit. Store Managers have a lot more to worry about than *** birds that fly into our stores.

#20589

A little information is in order here.

The netting you saw was A. either keeping the birds out and they were coming in a different way such as whenthe doors open, (very likely) or B. the netting may be damaged or improperly installed in someway.

This depends on weather they tried to do it themselves or actually had a professional wildlife company install it.

I'd say from the information you supplied, they have done more than most stores. Bird netting can be an expensive proposition when done right. I've always felt that from a damaged goods, disease,false store alarms and personal liability point of view, I would do everything possible to keep the birds out if it was my store.

As noted, the bird was a sparrow, most likely a house sparrow not native to this country. These birds along with European starlings are not protected by law as they are detrimental to the native songbird population, such as bluebirds.

The only thing they are good for is human conflicts such as described and they should all be destroyed.

You may not like that but that's reality, that's why these birds are offered no protection under wildlife regulations.

Trying to rehab a house sparrow is akin to relocating a mouse...not to bright.

#20459

Neil is an ***, and certainly not an amusing one.

I am suprised that you didn't call out the National Guard for that poor bird.

You have to much time on your hands.

Maybe airplanes should not fly when there is an injured bird on the runway.

Do you lay down on the highway to stop traffic when a deer is hit?

I always see birds in Lowes but I never paid any attention to the netting, I will have to check our Lowes here and see. Poor birds! :sigh

View more comments (10)
Review

Lowes need reality check on who they hire to install!

First of all, I am so pissed off at Lowe's in Louisville, Ky. right now! Don't ever buy carpet from a box store...ever!!! You might think you are saving a bundle but, trust me...it's not worth the hassle of the incompitant people Lowe's contracts out to install the carpet. I really believe that my 2 yr old could have done a better job measuring the carpet rather than the "carpet installer" His measurements were soo way off that they weren't able to install my carpet after 5 weeks of waiting! We ended up waiting another week to get the extra carpet ordered and installed. In the mean time, we had to basically live around the mess of my house which was torn completely upside down (my husband had moved all the furniture) When they did install the carpet, they took more smoke breaks than anything. Such lazy-***! They also booked it out of the house as soon as it was laid, leaving us to clean up their mess! They didn't even sweep the carpet remnants or moving anything back to the rooms like they were being paid to do! Lowe's needs to be a little pickier on who they hire to represent their company! I will NEVER buy anything from their AGAIN!!!

:) Correction:

Lowe's Hire's General Contractor's.

( Certified Installers )

Ray Installer Mill work's

Brighton, Co 80601

certifiedinstaller

:) Correction:

Lowe's Hires Certified

General Contractors!

The Home Depot hires a General Contractor, he hire's ( Sub-Contractors!

Sincerely,

Certified Installer

#20682

dont take it out on lowes, look they have a instalation garantee if your not happy then save your breath for the manager not the forums, i instal for lowes as a carpet installer, if your not happy,they will take care of it. Look it doesnt matter were you go you'll have problems every were. sorry it is hard for me to be everywere all the time

#19133

Jeff Lowes stands by nothing they do I live in Louisville, Ky and I'm dealing with *** for 8 mo. You must be one of those SUB CONTRACTORS.

first of all all of these are sub contractors not lowes employees these are the same guys who install for your mom and pops . the difference is lowes will stand behind their installation where others hide

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes has worst delivery, customer service!

We purchased a refrigerator, dishwasher and range from Lowes and it took two months to have appliances that work. They showed up on a day we weren't expecting them then rudely rushed us through getting ready for the installation. The dishwasher didn't work, the range was a floor model that wasn't leveled, there was no manual, no broiler, had bad nicks, the burners did not work and it tipped forward! The installers never tested anything. Every time we called the store we got someone different who didn't know the story, passed it on to someone else, NEVER returned calls. We now have three appliances from three different stores. We will NEVER buy from Lowes again!

Tell me about it...

www.lowesceo.com

View more comments (1)
Loss

Lowes in San Antonio, Texas - Disabled man waited almost 1 hr & never got helped

We were looking to buy a barbecue grill and a door. My husband is 75 years, disabled and only had his cane, waited in hot sun 20 minutes. Was told be right with you. I brought him into the store and left him looking and reading up on the grills. He had questions before purchase. Three times he asked a salesperson for help and was told be right with you. Waited anothe 45 mins No one came. He called and said lets leave I'm in pain. No place to sit down, He has 8 back surgeries. I have spent a lot of money at this store and I was crying when I complained to the young lady at customer service. It broke my heart that my husband, a retired Vietnam vet, visibly disabled had been treated so shabily.
certifiedinstaller

Correction:

In every department at Lowe's is a Sign

Red& Yellow Need Help. Press the button and the intercom will say Help needed in ( Grill's ). Until a associate shows up and turns it off, it will continue!

If the Associate for some reason doesn't help you press the button again. Last resort ask for the

MOD Manager On Duty.

Sincerely,

certified Installer

Brighton, Co

Ray :) :)

:( Stop complaining all you old people is complain...in reality you probaly only waited like five minutes but in old people time i guess thats an hour....you're just pissed off that you were not helped right when you asked for is....and why did you cry about it silly women

scot1991

I work in retail, and a lot of times customers say this very thing, unfortunatley we all are at the mercy of what our bosses allow us to do, 15 years as a manager I can assure you that no one that works in retail intentionally does anything to hurt the customer or it's just that most of the time there are only two people working in a department, neither of the employees have any control over the payroll, or control of hiring anymore help, and probably are helping another customer just like you.....that's not to say that I, or retail as a whole are not sensitive to your situation, or that I personally am gratefull of your husbands service, like him, I'm sure it's easy for people to criticize and make comments about war or soldiers until you walk in a soldiers boots.... same thing...

retail workers,are people also that have feelings just as you, and want to help, but most of the time, day after day dealing with customers,negatively ,makes youcold, and sometimes short to deal with.... again, not trying to be mean or hurtfull to you, just showing you the other side of that fence......

View more comments (2)
Review

Another fraud caes from Lowes?

My wifes exhusband brought a refrigerator for around $1200, when he declared bankruptcy Lowes changed the name on the account to my wifes name.Is this legal? Her name never appeared on the statement before,She never signed a thing that made her a joint card holder,just a card user, they said they dont keep records passed 3yrs and were welcome to persue legal matters if we like, because it will probably cost us more than the $1200 and they dont care, the person on the phone was very rude and arrogant and could not see anything wrong in what Lowes was doing, so everyone beware!

Loss

Lowes in Adrian, Michigan - I was sold inferior deck stain.

I purchased Olympic Deck Stain and it peeled up in 6 months. I contacted the company that produced the stain and luckly I had my receipt. I had to send a copy to them to prove when I purchased the stain. I was refunded the money, but not until I signed a paper that I would not file suit agansit Olympic or Lowe's. The stain cost less than the product to strip off the stain. I had gunk all over my yard and flowers by the time I got it removed. Do not by Olympic products! I won't

Similar issue. I cleaned, prepped and stained my deck with an additional layer of stain the following year.

Both layers started fading and peeling a year later. So much for a lifetime warranty.

It's not even the price of the stain that I'm concerned with. It's the time and effort that I have to put into staining the deck a 3rd time now.

Nope, I scrubbed with gallons of deck cleaner. Let it dry, and applied two coatings just like instructions said to do.

Right after doing it, I visited two public tourist locations (cave sites) and found they had used the same paint, and it was peeling. I asked the owners what they used: OLYMPIC DECK SAVER, junk.

The company came out, about a year later, and said it didnt work as listed, and though they were still selling it, they took off the guarantee.

I too used gallons of the deck filling paint. It started peeling within the year , and here 3 years later, it might as well be said I didnt do anything to the deck.

There are a few boards, with some paint still on them. It even peeled off brand new boards which had been replacements. I didnt have the receipts, of course, so nothing can be done. It was not just LOWES.

Other house paint by Olympic are great and use them all over and outside the house.

But this was junk, guaranteed for like 10 years. ha.

I have always used Olympic products and have been very happy with them. Perhaps is was improperly applied or applied when the weather was not condicive for doing so. Lets not generalize and say "never but Olympic products" as my guess is this was user error.

I used the Olympic deck wash and followed the instructions to the letter. (I have 10 years painting experience).

It peeled and chipped like paint after 6 months. Rediculous.

When it comes to deck stains there are so many variables that may cause problems. So while you think everything was done correctly there may have been some variables you are not aware of that caused a problem.

If the product is oil based, penetrates and does not build a film it will not peel.

Even if it is a "bad batch" of stain if it is oil it will penetrate, that is just the nature of oil.

When a stain is a bad batch it usually has something to do with drying, or fade resistance, or color, etc. There is nothing you can do to an oil base product to prevent oil from penetrating.

A good place to visit is deckstainsolutions.com to find out exactly what the problem is so it does not happen again.

To all the no it all's. I have been a painter for more than 25 years and have used this product many times and most of the time it worked well and on a deck that I did last year it failed miserably.

Within 6 months everything peeled.

The entire industry has been reformulating there products and after consulting with a competitors national expert on coatings I was informed that nobody has it right but there working on it. You also have to take into consideration the type od wood and the possibility that there in human error and they made a bad batch of stain

We had the exact same issue!! We applied it correctly -- took all necessary steps /precautions.

Peeled after one season. We called Olympic .

They told us because we applied 2 coats, the second coat "negated" the first coat and that is why it peeled. BS

@hardworker

The same thing happened to us. We followed instructions,etc.

We had to go back to the store Lowe's for another bucket of stain and had the same result.

Our deck looks awful and it will be a big job to get the few spots left clean. Very unhappy with this stain.

I had the same problem. The stain is peeling off after the first winter.

I don't know how to get it all off and start over. It looks awful and paint chips everywhere. I have grand children and they are picking them up.

I hope they never eat a paint chip!!! New use Olympic Rescue it stain.

I bought the new deck over stain and it's peeled after one winter. I cleaned the deck before applying and followed all instructions and it's peeling. How do I get a refund if I don't have a reciept?

the Olympus Maximum I was sold last summer did not last a year . the weather was warm and no rain and yet this spring it was pealing off in chunks I did not need a scrapper just a putty knife to remove the loose paint .

I would never recommend this brand to anyone I would not even it a F it is a very poor paint . :(

After using olympics 5 yr stain every 3 years for 14 years i bought the seven year new stuff. What a mistake!!

Not even six months and my whole deck peeled. Its garbage!

Do not buy the 7 yr olympic stain! Im out over 475 dollars plus five days labor to do it all again now!!!

I have had this stain on my fence for over 4years with no problems. The weather in my region ranges from hot dry summers to cold dry winters with very low humidity in both seasons.

As far as I can tell product is very good.

I have had NO issues or problems. :grin

My Olympic stain also peeled after only 6 months on the deck. I have not had any luck getting in touch with an Olympic customer service person so I can send them photos. I do not think I have my receipt but the project was pricey and time consuming. What a waste of Time and money. I am very unsatisfied with this product.

This deck is about 20 years old or so and I used the Olympic deck wash and stain combination because they promised superior performance on decks as old as mine is. And yes, I followed the instructions to the letter. Previous to cleaning the deck with the Olympic cleaner, I sanded the entire surface to insure that all loose stain and sap, etc were removed. I then washed the deck with the Olympic deck cleaner that was formulated for use with the stain. Use of this cleaner promised superior adhesion and staying power.

I had also added railings to my deck of new wood and I waited the prescribed amount of time before applying the stain to the old and new wood. The older parts of the deck are peeling like crazy, and the new wood looks like the stain is doing great. This would indicate that the stain just does not *** into older decks the way they promise it does. My deck even looked just like the wood in their promo photos!

I will have to find out what to use to strip it now! And I will have to spend money to get product to re-coat it.

I understand that many product failures are due to the way a product is usedk, and I would understand that-if somebody could tell me what I did wrong here, I would humbly beg pardon and retreat to self imposed exile on my badly chipping deck.

@KSA

I, too, cleaned my 20+ year old deck and applied Olympic Maximum. It peeled in less than 6 months.

The deck had never had a sealer on it before.

Now I have to do it all over. I will not by Olympic again.

If you use pressure treated wood for your deck you must let it dry before staining it. If you don't allow it to dry, any deck stain will peel away. Allow the pressure treated wood to dry for at least 3 months during summer before staining/painting it.

IDK, I used Olympic solid deck stain and it held up very well after three summers. I just now restained it, even though there was no flaking at all, just some areas (traffic) where it had worn off a little.

I chose the solid because I don't like the grain of PT lumber.

All i have to say is OLYMPIC PAINT AND STAIN IS NOTHING BUT JUNK DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY AND CERTAINLY DO NOT GO TO LOWES TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE WARRANTEE NOT HOLDING UP THEY ARE EXCUSE MAKERS THATS ALL

i purchased this stain from Lowes to do my deck that seasoned for 2 yrs i power washed it with degresser and rised it waited a full 48 hrs for it to dry and after all day making it look beautiful it peeled off after the winter months this stuff is junk and Lowes makes nothing but excuses why it peels off what a waiste of money i will go to Walmart and buy the cheap stuff and end up with better results i guarentee it

@Barbara

I agree with you 100%. My wife and I did our homework on researching this stain and after thoroughly cleaning the deck and giving it sufficient time to dry we completed our staining project in several days.

Within four months I notice it pealing and it continued to get worse.

We complained to both Lowes and Olympic company and we're ignored by both. We lost both time and money on this project and I would never recommend this sorry excuse for stain to anyone.

We purchased Olympic because we wanted a "Better" Stain. It took 8 gallons and alot of time to finish our deck and gazeebo, Only for the stain to peel and chip not even 7 months later!

Very disappointed, If I wanted junk stain I would of bought a cheaper one. I would NOT recomend Olympic to anyone :(

95% of all paint and stain problems are the result of improper preparation. Be sure to do your homework and properly prepare your surface before applying a product.

DO NOT shortcut your prep work. Failure everytime.

@craigos

I have been painting and staining for 20+ years, I applied the product in the best weather conditions and within days it was peeling. The problem is the "stain" is not penetrating the wood as stain should. This is causing the stain to flake and peel - the product is simply not working

Home owners almost always blame the product or the store....never themselves! These days no one wants to be responsible for their own actions. They even have the nerve to bring an appliance back that they've had fall out of their truck on the freeway cause they didn't tie it down and want a new one.

javascript:ac_smilie(':cry') we are getting our home and decks ready for an october wedding. we started staining our decks and it is really streaky, over lap marks show and some of the stain is very shiny, while other areas are not glossy at all.

then we needed one more can of stain, :( that's when it got worse. the colors are so far off, and when you need one more can and the other stain has been applied, you can't exactly mix the stain to make the color match so now we have 2 tone decks. one color by the same name is like black(expresson) the other expresso is like a nice brown. help!!!

it is olympic stain. no complaints as far as the product I just need help to make this look good before the wedding!

I painted the ballisters with some old B. Moore house paint I have in the garage at the same time that I used the Olympic Maximum on the deck and railings.

There had bee no previous solid stain on the deck and the desk had not been painted with a clear stain in several years. The entire deck and railings were cleaned with an Olympic deck cleaning product and then washed.

The Ben Moore paint did not peep at all. 20-30% of the Olympic has peeled in about a year.

It has got to be the product.

I painted my 25'*35' deck and the railings with Olympic Maximum cape cod gray solid deck stain last July 2010. When the snow cleared in April, I could see that it was peeling.

I spoke with Lowes who does not stand behind the product and they referred me to Olympic.

Olympic wanted to reimburse me for the stain, but my problem is my deck is worse off now than before I stained it. They also wanted me to help them find out why the stain peeled by mailing sample from different parts of the deck.

I have had some problems with olympic. I followed the directions to the letter.

I used the olympic deck cleaner following the directions to the letter. Both my front deck and back deck are same age and wood type. I used a lighter stain on my front deck and it worked perfectly. I used a darker stain on the back deck and it started coming up within 3-4 months.

I used all the advice from the sales folks and instructions and still had problems. Go figure.

Olympic is by far the best deck and fence stain you can buy. I have used it on hundreds of decks I built for my clients and you have to clean your wood first or you will experience failures.

Don't blame the product for your mistakes.

I've never had a problem with it and have been using it for 8 years on my clients' decks. I would not use it if it was going to cause me to have problems

To DM

I worked in the paint department at the time you said that your stain was recalled. There was probably nothing wrong with it.occasionally products are pulled or not sold because they are being investigated and 95% of the time there is nothing wrong with the product. Also, just based on what you listed I believe you have a different kind of stain product than the OP.

I built a bran new cedar deck applied this stain following their website instructions to the letter. The deck was beautiful for 12 months.

At 15 months it started peeling away and at 18 months looked like ***. Olympic accused me of over applying the stain so i insisted that they send someone out. The rep came out to take some samples then never called me back. They sent me a voucher to get more stain but told me I'd have to sand the entire deck before reapplying.

The stain does not live up to it's label and Lowe's kept referring me to Olympic. Very frustrating experience!

I have had the same trouble with this stain. I will not shop there for home or work projects anymore.I can assure you I am far from a freeloader.

The ONLY way olympic stain would peel up is if it was applied over a previously sealed surface. Meaning that the stain has to be able to soak into the wood, so it could never peel if applied to a properly prepared surface.

@Rodeo

Rodeo

You are totally wrong, I applied this stuff to a new deck after 3 months of drying out. Then cleaned the deck, let it dry for several days, applied the 10 yr warranty stain, and in less than 6 months it has started peeling.

I started a project using Olympic stain and went back to purchase more a few weeks later on 11/26/10. When I got to the register, I was told that I couldn't purchase the stain because there is a recall on it, but no details were available (my sidebar question is why wasn't the product pulled from the shelf if there's a recall, but at least they intervened the purchase).

I was trying to purchase a one gallon can of Olympic Maximum redwood naturaltone. At this point I have not been able to find any specifics about the recall and of course will call the company (for all the smartasses out there), but one would think there would be something on the Olympic site providing details. I'd like to know whats wrong with this stuff so I know how to handle the wood that I already stained. Maybe it's POSSIBLE that they recalled the product due to complaints they were getting???, so maybe the person that started this review isn't an *** like everyone here seems to think.

Otherwise their internal quality control would have caught the stain before it was shipped. Ok everyone, go ahead and tell me what an *** I am and that a recall wouldn't be handled this way...lol

jeff.zaun
#198623

Follow all directions on everything you do and stop relying on HGTV to do it for you. Olympic is the best stain on the market and if it is messed up, its 100% customer fault.

Sorry Devon that Lowes neglect to kiss your tail. they tell you when you go out an measure that they will charge you 35 and you get it back once you place an order.

Lowes alway looks to make it right for the customer. if you complain they will fix it. regardless what is said I see it everyday.

but some people alway want a handout. I guess they want a prfessional to come to there house for free go figure.

your the local lowes jacka** that never read the label, never wrong and lie to recoup what he lost in his trip to stupidville. the stain that you are complaining about is on hundred of thousands of decks. actually it on my deck right this moment and guess what three later it still look s great so sit on that and rid it to *** ville next time you decide to take a trip.

Fat Mart cart rider

To "devon".... U are a retard.

What the paint associate said is true. Thousands of people use the stain everyday and gave no problems. But people like you and the complainant are just incompetent to read instructions and do it right. And to the maker of this post.

Lowes did not have you sign any paperwork saying you would not sue them. They do no such thing. Furthermore, you Get what you pay for. Olympic is cheap therefor you get cheap.

Cabot which is a respected brand name Is only like $4 more per gallon and is 100x better Than Olympic. So before u big girls come here and throw out a bunch of slander and lies go work in retail for about 30 minutes And deal with people like your selves, it will chew you up and spit your baby *** out!

i work at lowes and hate selling olympic products...most of the people that have problems dont want to do the work to prep a deck anyway.and only read the instructions till they have a problem

Let's see, she bought the product , used it , her deck is now stained , she bitched and moaned and got her money back . What's mrong with this picture. Don't think it's Lowes !

I have used Olymic Stains on the fence and deck for five years. Getting ready to do it again this year. I have had no problems with the product.

The acid tongue response written by "Lowes Paint Assoc." (above) is precisely why I haven't shopped at Lowes in more than two years. Also, I had a situation with their "professional" storm door installation people who charged me $35 to measure out my door then decided it would be too much of a hassle to hang the door.

But they kept my $35.

I was going to file a complaint but decided never to shop there instead. I hear so many Lowes complaints these days.

It's not that the people working at Lowe's don't know anything about paint or stain, it most of the customers are either *** or don't bother asking anything (because they already know everything). Maybe this woman should have asked if there was anything she should do before applying the stain.

Most people stain their deck, then *** and complain just to get their money back. It's strange that 1000's of other people use the stain (correctly) and never have her problem.

Furthermore, if you don't like Lowe's or the people working there, then contact the "professionals" (who buy their stain at Lowe's) and ask them how to prep/apply the stain. Better yet, hire them to do it for you!

#71921

As a deck cleaning and sealing specialist,it is likely the consumer did not clean the surface properly and therefore the stain could not adhere properly. I have seen this time and time again and to fix a problem always cost more than to do it correctly to begin with...I don't necessarily love Lowe's, but they had nothing to do with the problem....as is the case in America, it's always someone else's fault, never mine

if you don't know how to DIY, don't. Since you stated you got the stripped paint all over, we can tell you don't prepare properly. Don't screw things up and blaim it on perfectly good products and the place you bought it.

You blame lowes and you have every right,the reason for your missfortune is because the person that sold the stain to you knows nothing about paint.I have been a painter for 33 yrs and the way lowes works is that employees kiss *** to get the position,doesnt matter if they product knowlage or not.Example i applied for lead in paint didnt even get a interveiw the job went to a brown noser that didnt know anything more than how mix paint.She worked windows and walls ha just a blind cutter.Its sad they say its all about customer service and the emplyees but its only about stocks

Yeah, Olympic is terrible, you used it wrong, got bad results, and they returned your money! WOW! thats terrible...

Since 'stains' are designed to 'adhere' by penetration, and your product "peeled" it would appear the surface was not properly prepared for staining. Even new wood that has never been traeted can have 'mill glaze' or excessive resins that prevent penetration.

Don't buy Olympic products.. you said it yourself. So shouldn't this be a complaint against Olympic and not Lowe's?

Sisnce you don't describe anything as to why this occured I have to assume it was human error.

As far as I know Consumer Reports rate Olympic stain at the very best.

View more comments (51)
Review
#121956 Review #121956 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Albany, New York - Lowe's should hire cleaning people

iI'm A costumer at Lowe's and I really don't like how this store treat they own employees as servents.They showld have they own cleaning department they shouldn't have employees cleaning the store.Especially the bathrooms that is very sad how this company with a lot money and they use thths people like this that as low the can get.Also they let other employees threat bad the others cashiers like they are nothing with no respect.Most the time I don't have help and see managers walking by and the are in the phone and no ask if I need help.Lowe's talk thing about other store but don't really look them self first.

i worked for lowes a VERY short time. i was hired as a CASHIER!!!!!!!!

yet i found myself pushing carts, and being asked to clean *** off of a toilet seat, which i did not do! in my job title, i did not agree to cleaning restrooms, or pushing carts, i have great retail experiance with my previous jobs, who i have left out of boredom. i thought owes would be a fun enviroment until i realised all the young girls are 18 and already have 15 kids, as well as being full time alcoholics. cleaning people should be hired, why would it be degrating for a CLEANING person to CLEAN.

cashiers are for ringing up sales, customer service, and greeting.

if i wanted side work, i would have been a server.thank god i only have to work voluntarily because i get bored sitting at home all day! iv decided works just not for me!

aRE YOU TO PROUD TO CLEAN THE BATHROOMS. yOU SHOULD BE HAPPY YOU EVEN HAVE THAT JOB.

sOME PEOPLE WOOULD BE HAPPY TO GET PAID TO CLEAN THE BATHROOMS. iF YOU DO NOT WANT TO CLEAN THE BATHROOMS QUITE YOUR JOB AND GO TO COLLEGE.

aND IF YOU QUITE YOUR JOB STAY OFF OF WELLFAIR. yOUR ARE A *** ***.

So Lowes should let go of the people they are paying to clean, or take those hours away from them, and pay a cleaning crew because the work is degrading? So wouldn't they be degrading the cleaning people? Who cares what you are doing as long as you are getting paid for it...

***..By the way no matter what you say in your first line, we all know you are an employee, not a customer, or costumer or whatever you wrote, alothough I am suprised you were able to fill out the app by yourself.**

Where the *** did you go to grammar school?? It is tough times right now.

If you own that business you would not have spent the payroll that company does to keep their Great looking stores.

If you don't like working there and don't want to clean bathrooms.. go somewhere else and work in a filthy dump like yourself...

View more comments (3)

Lowes in Erie, Pennsylvania - Paint can lid not put back on tightly

I had a quart of paint mixed at Lowe's. Checked out they put it in a plastic bag. I got out of my car at home, grabbed the bag walked into my garage. The bag ripped. The can fell out.. you guessed it.. lid not secure paint went everywhere. I had black jeans on. They are now splattered in paint. I went thru 2 rolls of paper towels cleaning up the excess paint. I went in and called the store where I purchased the paint. Asked for the manager, explained what had happened and his reply to me was "What do you want me to do about it?" I was amazed at his lack of concern. Not I am sorry Maam I will gladly replace your paint. I am going to the store today with empty paint can in hand and sure hope that I experience better customer service than I had on the phone.
#62073

It was a quart can of paint not a gallon and LOWES put it in the bag why wouldn't I think I could carry it in the freaking bag. LOWEs did not secure the lid after they mixed it.

Really? I am guessing you are the *** manager I talked to.

#62058

Why were you carrying the bag where it could rip? Shouldn't you have been holding the bottom of the can?

I am all for stores taking responsibility, but if you drop a can of paint, the lid is going to come off...

now, if it had just turned over and the lid came off you might have a better argument... I hope they didn't give your money back and told you not to go back to the store

@Really?

i agree. Dropping a can of paint the lid is going to come off from the pressure.

No matter if lid was secure or not. Stuff happens

If you drop a can of paint, the lid will come off. If you drop a glass bottle of milk, the glass bottle will break.

Thin plastic bags rip, gravity takes over. Pilot error, pure and simple really.

Your right on CC !!!!

You dropped a can of paint and it opened. Big surprise there.

If you went to the grocery store and dropped your gallon of milk and it opened would that be the managers fault to. Talk responsibility for your own actions, it was your fault.

View more comments (5)
Loss

Lowes in Germantown, Maryland - Bad Customer Service On Repairs and Warranty Issues

After three visits two my home from two repair companies, my 2/1/2 years old Frigidaire washer is still not in working conditon. After several calls to Lowes warranty service, they suggested a buy out (this is not approved). The buy out involves buying back my present washer and giving me a gift card to use at Lowes to buy a replacement. Problem with that is a) they only give me back what I originally paid two years ago for my washer b) the 4 year warranty (with an additional 6 years parts warranty) that I paid for for the washer and dryer is voided with over a year to run (bear in mind that for 6 months I haven't had the use of the washer while the warranty was still in effect, c) they will not buy back the pedestal that I purchased for this particular model and d) why would I want to buy another item from them! If I buy a new washer from them, I need to purchase a new warranty at additional cost plus pay the additional for the price of the washer at todays higher price. I told them that, if they would not give me replacement value and would also cancel my currenty warranty if I accepted the buyout, I want the washer to be repaired or simply replaced. I am currently waiting for the repair company to call me with the date of when the other parts will be in. During this six month period I have been forced to spend over $300 at the laundromat. I would never expect that a $800 plus washing machine would break down after 2 years (the motor, the motorboard, the speed plate which drives the motor are all broken). I will never do business with Lowes again and I would strongly caution any buyer against Frigidaire products and purchasing one of Lowes warranties for any of their products. P.S. When I bought the washer dryer, there were delays in delivery and they dropped the first washer thatwas deliverd down the stairway of my home and asked me too just accept it in its damaged state and they would give me afifty dollar discount! .

All service warranties ... after you call three times for repair's and the fourth time you can forced what is called a lemon law.. A buy out is not an options Lowes has ..They have to refund your money ......Just so you know

I am a lowly employee at Lowe's, but having worked there for 5 years, I can assure you that at MY Lowe's we have a satisfaction guaranteed motto! We take anything back! I've seen grills, washers, fridges, etc come back even after a few years, with or without the an additional warranty.

lowesblowes

#21946

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on Getsatisfaction..com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you, so that I can personally look in to this matter in order to do so, please send me your contact information and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number, if available, so that I can research this matter.

Again, I regret the disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Sincerely