Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Springfield, Illinois: Lowe's Fencing and installation is horrible

2 years ago I had Lowe's install a pvc fence. They would not let me have a picture of the drawing. They only ordered for 3 sides because one side was my neighbors wood fence and we told them several times we were not tying onto theirs-ours was all white. The installation job was terrible and the workmen had a criminal record-he told me so! and he threatened me when I became dissatisfied with the deep holes in my yard. Lowe's would not make it right and the installation was the WORST! do not shop at Lowe's.

I work in the tax industry, yes employeers receive tax credit for hiring ex-felons, cash welfare, adfc, and vets. It is the governments way of turning that "ex" into a productive person in society and making tax money off of them rather than paying for their benifits or reoccuring crimes. MANY employeers will choose to hire a person just for this credit, which is pretty large. In my experience, grocery store take the most advantage of the ex offender credit because they tend to get just enough work hours completed to qualify for the credit before they quit or are fired.

Get an edication before you post ignorant comments.

As for the fencing, you need to file the incident with the Better Business Bureau. They will open a claim and most businesses will handle the matter quickly because they dont want a negative report on their business file.

Sorry for your poor experience, our Lowes has done work at my business and home and has gret themselves and their contracted partners have been very professional.

Hey HomeDumpedOn, are you slow or something? No retailer gets tax credits for hiring ex-cons.

Besides, these installers are just what you said, 3rd party contractors, not employees. Fine to blog on line, but at least pretend to be intelligent.

It's probably lowest bidder work by mandate or competition.And you the customer must do everything you can to make sure the CONTRACTORS are doing their job.

But it is the person the contractors are sub contracting for ie Lowes and Home Depot that need to control them even more than the customer.

The contractor wants to get the job done as quickly and cheaply as possible because their work is frequently fixed bid work with no add ons.And in order to get paid many of these contractors will tell their employer ie Lowes and Home Depot the work is done so they can get paid.

Even more troubling is that many of these sub contractors use sub sub contractors.Imagine the pay or time pressures if the contractor is the 3rd or 4th line to get paid.You the customer pays Lowes,Lowes pays the contractor,the contractor pays a contractor.Everybody wants their cut and to make a profit.

I don't know what Lowes policy is on criminal backgrounds but unless the crime applies to their work or is something like a child predator most won't worry.Many companies get tax credit for hiring ex-felons along with many other minorities including vets.

Stay after them,report them(Lowes and the contractor) to your local municipality ie permit check if you have to.

View more comments (2)
Lowes Installation

Lowes review in Scranton, Pennsylvania: LOWE'S LIES

I bought a Bosch dishwasher on Aug. 29 from Lowe's #553 in Pottsville, PA. The salesman, Robert Longenberger, told me they had 36 units in stock at the distribution center and they would deliver the next day. Later that afternoon, the store called and told me it would have to be ordered, and would be delivered on the 19th of September. When I told them what Mr. Longenberger told me, they said they'd call back. They did, and promised delivery on Friday, Sept. 5. On Friday, I took the day off work, and called to schedule delivery time, and was told it would be Monday, Sept. 8 before they could deliver it. So today, the 8th, I took another day off work, called them, and have now been told it will be THURSDAY the 11th! I have already emailed corporate, and I CC'd a copy to Bosch to let them know what Lowe's did. They're going to lose more money -- I am in the process of upgrading my appliances, but I won't buy them from Lowe's.

follow up to original post

-- after another 2 weeks of "oh, we'll have it to you in a couple of days" -- I finally went to Sears, bought the same DW (for about $150 LESS), and it was in my kitchen 2 days later. I went to Lowe's to get my money back -- note that this took OVER A MONTH -- and ONLY THEN, they told me, "oh, that's a special order dishwasher, we don't have them in stock." If Mr.

Longenberger would had TOLD ME THE TRUTH the first time, it would have saved everybody a lot of aggravation.

@Lowes employee: 1. I paid for delivery AND installation. 2.

Maybe your store is great. It's not in my area. And the people at The Home Depot half a mile away from the local Lowe's (note the correct spelling of the company name) DO go out of their way to please their customers.

@Anonymous: The First Amendment does entitle me to bash Lowe's as a company, just as it guarantees you the right to whine about me doing so. If they are that overwhelmed with delivery orders -- and knowing both the area and the economy, I seriously doubt it -- they need to hire more delivery drivers.

I have a couple of questions. Why did you *** work for a Basic dishwasher delivery?

We don't install it unless you go through installed sales not delivery. The delivery guys just set if off they don't install dishwashers, so you don't need to be there. Again all delivery does is set off dishwashers a carport or any covered area or garage is suitable. And number 2, you say you hate Lowes because of one Appliance associate told you the wrong information.

That's pretty ***... I hope you get your problem squared away, because I work at lowes and the employees like myself don't like impossible to please customers like yourself. And don't want your buisness.

Because it doesn't matter what you do as an employee some customers like yourself are never going to be happy... I suggest you go to Home Depot and see if they will jump through flaming hoops for you...

@Lowes employee

And I assure you that they will not jump through the hoops to help you as they don't even provide service. You may have had a bad experience with Lowes once but that doesn't entitle you to bash it as a company.

Lowes goes out of their way to assist it's customers, we do apologize that you aren't the only person on the planet who needed a dishwasher delivered that same day. :cry

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes review in Los Angeles, California: Horrible, rude employees and service at Lowe's

My husband and I had a disappointing experience at Lowe’s store #1555 (2800 120th Street Hawthorne, California 90250). It all started at the beginning of May of this year. My husband and I decided to remodel our kitchen and wanted to get the cabinets, flooring, and countertops all done at the same place. We went to the Hawthorne store and met with Thomas Woods in the kitchen sales department. We did the necessary measurements for the cabinets placed our order for them and picked out the flooring and tile that we wanted. Thomas told us that the cabinet installers would come out to measure for the cabinets and then he would place the order. We only paid for the cabinets at this time. We wrote a check for $15,370.69. This included our cabinets and the cost for installation. The date was May 5th 2008. That night Reyes and I decided that we wanted a few cabinets changed. When I called Thomas the next day I informed him of the changes we wanted. He told me that he had ordered our cabinets already and that we would have to wait until the cabinets were delivered. Then he would have someone come and pick up the ones that were going to be replaced and put the new order in. He did the opposite of what he had told us originally. He ordered the cabinets before the cabinet installers came to measure for the cabinets. This was the cause of all of our problems with the cabinets being late and having to be reordered. After this is when I started to have difficulty getting in contact with Thomas. I would call him, leave a message and never get a return call. Or I would get a hold of him, he would say he was with another customer and would call me back to answer my question. He never called me back. I would end up having to call him again. I do not think that this is how you train your employees to treat customers. I had told him form the beginning that since I am a teacher I wanted the kitchen completed before I returned to work on August 25th. He assured me it would be plenty of time. If Thomas had waited to put our order in until after the installers had come to measure this delay with the cabinets would not have happened. My husband and I were left in the dark and due to the lack of communication on Thomas’ part we decided to purchase our flooring and countertops elsewhere. If Thomas had simple returned our phone calls and answered our questions instead of blatantly and rudely ignoring us, we would not be as upset as we are. It seems that Thomas ordered our cabinets and once he got his commission, he forgot about us. We would have continued with the countertop and floor we had selected from the Hawthorne store and we would have placed our order with them. Because of the lack of customer service that we received we will never recommend Lowes to anyone who is considering remodeling their kitchen and certainly will not shop at your store again.

After reading most of the Invalid complaints on this site..I actually found one that is valid. I work for lowes and I feel your pain...the way that the salesperson handled the entire situation was very unprofessional..especially knowing that you only order after the installers measure..That's the same for any of our departments.

I am so Sorry for your inconvenience. :sigh

This is a complete drop of the ball by the sales associate who helped you. First, the only thing you should have paid for on that first night would have been the detail fee to have the area measured out, then over the span of a few meetings you would have to go through each and every inch of your kitchen design.

When you are finished designing it then and only then should the cabinets have been ordered. I believe your incident to be the exception to the rule as to how I have seen most kitchen cabinet departments ran.

cyber

How about racial discrimination. The Hialeah store in Florida hires racial discriminating people.

Yes in hialeah, florida that employees name was obrian. I am asking the state of florida to look into it as I was the one who dicriminated.

I think it was her attitude that made it worse. Since I have her full name if I see her working there or anywhere else I will make sure to point her out.

As far as sparrow's comment goes, I am a cabinet specialist at Lowe's and the employee mentioned in the complaint did not do things correctly. The reason the installer measures BEFORE cabinets are ordered is to ensure the correct sizes are ordered.

And as far as being too busy to follow up with the customer, that is INSANE because anyone who has ever worked reatail knows that the customer is number one priority, whether they are "pissy" or satisfied.

I don't like all my customers (in fact, I dislike most of them) but that is no reason to neglect them. My job is not to like my customers, it's to give them a new kitchen and great service, which this employee obviously did not do.

Complaints! Do your flippin job right and customers would not complain!!!!If you were waiting for cabinets an extra 6 weeks I doubt you would be too happy either.

How about you do your jobs and enjoy it instead of having an attitude all the time.

Get a life or get another job were you do not have to work with people. I wrote this especially since I used to work in retail and I understand the business!!!Before you respond to someone with an idiotic answer think about what you are going to say or don't respond at all.

Tsk, Tsk.

Too many complaints about ridiculous things. The poor guy was busy, had other customers to deal with, and quite frankly, some pissy customer worried about what day their cabinets get delivered is not top priority in a retail enviroment.

Ahhh....a teacher! That explains A LOT, here!!

WORST people to have to deal with! Well, College professors, but I digress......I'm sure that if the sales specialist in cabinets would have done EVERYTHING the way you wanted, it still would have been "wrong".

Just a hunch on my part, folks, just a hunch. (But I bet a correct one, if you read some of my other posts about Lowe's customers).

View more comments (6)
Lowes Remodeling
Loss

Lowes review in Reston, Virginia: Consumers have to be involved to nasty words in this web site

We know your not into a christian store,because you post PISSED consumers and We like to know you talk to your children this way the complaint again is the store in Kokomo. The counter (5) colleges all the GIRLS and gang up when the customer wants to check out. The girl at the door bothers bothe registers and they constantle refuse to take care of the custonmers first. The customers are a second class citizens in your stores and have no regard to seniors and all my complaints are when we check out we have girls talking to eachother and helping the customer and give advise where they can get a cupon. what is with the potty mouth in your web sights. you should find another wOMAN to write you material is it gross. By the way you still punish the comsumers because we do not use the card.We use the debit card and we get no thanks ot the 5% as you give to using your card. Lowes has our business now they have customer friendly web sight with no nasty words. Get another girl to write your material or myabe it is a china girls who has no morals for the USA We are forced to click on the box PISSED you see what i am saying your not a christian organization and your people have to humor you to work their knowing they have to be apart of your inmoral advertising

I love Big ***

What's our problem with chinese women? I think they are cute and great cooks!!

You are clearly a ***!

WHO is off their MEDS

Wow, old people from red states and the internet, that combo never gets old. Upset about the word "pissed", but its ok to insult someone by insinuating the are Chineese? I'm not sure who's more confused, the poster while typing or me while reading.

shut up get of the site! :cry

Huh? :eek

View more comments (6)
Review

Lowes review in Pennsauken Township, New Jersey: Would not exchang brand new refridgerator for upgrade

lowes would not exchange a brand new refridgerator that i purchased there for a upgrade.not happy with refridgerator wanted a larger one the first couple of weeks i had it.was told if i upgraded,would be able to get different one than was refused.am still unhappy with it and have tried to sell it to no avail. will not buy another appliance from them,also bought a stove and microwave at thesame time and 10 interior doors. very unhappy with appliance manager in milville,n.j. store.am still looking to buy a different fridge probably at sears.

When you came into the Lowe's store, you were given NEW APPLIANCES, not some returns that someone decided they did not want after their "newness" wore off! In our store, there are indeed customers we have REFUSED to sell appliances to for this reason, they are "Red flagged" as customers who ALWAYS return whatever it is they buy.

Even our sales manager and store manager has refused certain customers.

After all, who wants a stockroom full of used appliances no one else will buy? No retailer does this to my knowledge, for good reason.

Loss

Lowes review in Warwick, New York: Delivered 2 out of 3. No stock.

I purchased 3 appliances from the Lowes in Newburgh NY and when it was delivered, i got 2. When asked where the 3rd one was the delivery guy said it was out of stock. Mean while when i bought it there were plenty. 2 weeks later im here still waiting for them to redeliver it. Trying to get help from the Lowes store where i bought it is a nightmare by phone. Customer svc is total *** by by all means.They call you but only do it to cover there own ***.Get in touch with their corporate office and *** to ***, Never ever again. Newburgh,NY. Recomend taking the item with you if small enough.
Loss

Lowes manager allowed another company to take new appliances free

I worked at Lowes in Hanover Pa. and I discovered what the Manager was doing and I caught the man picking up the appliances that Lowes said were damaged. Most were all Ok and this other company sold the appliances. I also caught another employee stealing items out thru the dumpster and another person picked up the items and put them i his truck. I gave Corey Becker the tag number but he did not do nothing. I guit working for Lowes due to the crooks not doing the right thing and contacted Lowes and they also did nothing. I hate Lowes for what they did.

You're an ***. I work at the Lowes in Hanover and I have never heard of anything "crooked" being done by any of the managers.

I've been there more than 3 years. Corey's pretty cool and he's done his job better than most would as far as I have seen.

@Vince

Corey is a great manager. He's also good in.........well you know! Leave him alone!

retailer4life suggested to contact the district manager, from what I understand that was already done. Angie Culbert, titled District Manager, but has no clue what she is doing, was informed of this and did nothing. See that is the store she came from.......

Could these appliances you are speaking of be the old units from customers and the defective RTM'd units the store places outside of the store? Most stores DO have an outside company come get them and YES they do get paid for them by this company.

Before you post things, know your facts. And why would you quit because you thought the store mgr was stealing?

Sounds like you are a classic case of a poor employee that got fired trying to bad mouth a store mgr and his former employee. Have fun on welfare.

This needs to be forwarded to CEO Robert Niblock with the offenders names, job titles, and all immediately! You can also forward this to your district manager and regional president/vice-president. I would also post it in the local newspaper if you are certain you have the incidents, actions, and those involved correctly identified.

View more comments (4)
Lowes Manager

Lowes review in Phoenix, Arizona: Not happy

lowes 2808 operation manager and zone manager don told me and my wife not to shop your store any more we speed lots of money at lowes they need to be sorry for the way they threat poeple we love lowes but if they dont want are money we can spend at home depot .they have bad consumer relations chris says that he served in the marines that poeple likes they deal with us in many ways we dont what he means and why.this has made wife not want shop lowes anymore problem we dont need.august was bad month

Do not shop at lowes as they treat their employees horrible. Their customer service is the worst that I have ever experience and their products are bad.

#151939

yall should shop at the home depot its such a better shopping experience

Speed lots of money..hmmm threat poeple?? The lots of money thing doesn't float because you probably return 70% of what you buy after you use it. :cry

#82085

Ummm I hate to tell you but store managers such as the ones for publix and possibly lowes make an upwards of 120k plus. Publix also has employee owned stock that it gives to its workers per pay period. So a lot of those lowly managers as you call them are millionaires on paper and have more money than most people make that have degrees.

#82081

"Retailer for life"? I suppose that could be the correct name for someone as arrogant as yourself.

I am pleased you enjoy retail so much because with that attitude you are ill suited for work in the professional world. Here is an idea for your suggestion box at your little blue box. See if you can get corporate to change Lowe's motto to something fitting like "too busy to care". One last tip; simply using "****" in place of typed profanity does not change the fact you possess somewhat less than a full vocabulary.

Now leave us poor ignorant hicks alone and go concentrate on developing some customer service skills. :upset

Hey, do'ntgotolowes, just relax, dahlin', go have yoself a moonpie and a yoohoo, kick them there dogs away from the wash machine on yo porch, and have a nice day!

I had to respond to Retailer4life. I am not a brain dead retard but I am a highly educated woman from the south.

I don't watch Nascar and I hate Lowe's. Retailer4life you just proved all of our points by being a rude, arrogant D*** When you say "your company" I certainly doubt you are the CEO of Lowe's. At best you are probably just a store manager.

That is not something to be proud of being that you are a "Lowe's store manager." It does sound like you are a manager though the way you speak of everyone by using *** stereotypes. Good luck in your awesome career.

Holy ****! Do the majority of brain dead retards who write in to complain about MY COMPANY Lowes have spelling and other grammatical issues?? (Must be from the south) Hint: Stop embarrassing yourselves and making a fool of yourselves by posting complaints that make no sense, go back and watch Nascar or whatever it is y'all do!

View more comments (7)

Lowes review in Westminster, Colorado: Sleepying in wonder land

I have shopped at Lowes in the Wesminster, Colorado several times this past summer. Often, having to get keys for lawn equipment for my company. Both times that I have visited, the garden associates have hidden themselves in their "hut" not looking up to see me or even say hi. That isn't the kind of experience that I would like to have shopping anywhere. The cashier was worse than that. I waited while the cashier was on the phone talking to her "girl friend". No hello or I will will be with you in a minute. The Thorton, Colorado store is worse. Try to get an employee from the carpet department to help you. The employees felt it was more important to put carpet supplies in the overhead that to help me. Who is paying your pay check? Ever tried to complete the voice of the customer for LOWES? If the experience is lower than a 8 or so, the computer kicks you out of the survey. Seems that they are afraid that a customer will be able to voice the concern of poor customer service or lack of the employees being friendly towards the customers. Maybe the thought of the true shopping experience scares the company greatly. Lack of help, no friendly employees, employees wanting to hide in the "garden hut" where the computer system is located, ignoring the feeling of the customers has led me to believe that Lowes doesn't want me to shop there ever. For that reason, I find myself going to HOME DEPOT to do all my home improvement purchases. At least at the Broomfield, Colorado store, I can feel welcome by friendly employees in all the departments. Home Depot goes out of their way to make the customer feel good and tries to please the customer in anyway it can.

I purchased a roof through Lowes and am very unhappy with there service. They only care about getting the money (100% in advance) and rushing through; not following promises on contract and I never received any warranty.

The never did complete the job. Screwed in Westminster!

Depends which HOME DEPOT you went to. Broomfield, Colorado has the worse customer service ever from their store manager.

He doesn't care about the customers or the employees that are in his store location.

HE committed adultry with an employee in the THORNTON, COLORADO store. Marriage is a joke to him.

I can't egt help in a home depot.LOL They barely know how to clock in :p

Hey retailer4life,

I guess that you work for LOWES. Way to go, LOWES employee looking to bash the HOME DEPOT. Go cry to your mama, sissy boy.

"GENERAL",

when you goto KAMRT or to the local grocery store, do they have a key machine in the hardware department? Nope!!

The key machines are located in the customer service desk area. Most retail stores are moving the key machines to the customer service desk. Makes sense since most customers goto the service desk asking where to find the key machine. I have done that AT walmart.

retailer4life, LOWES EMPLOYEES hide all the time they don't want to be bothered by customers. LEARN TO ACCEPT IT.

Hey, "THE GENERAL",

HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO GET A DELTA OR INDAK KEY? ASK SOMEONE IN HARDWARE AND THEY WILL NOT HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. tHESE KEYS GOTO TRACTOR LAWNMOWERS AND ELECTRIC START LAWN MOWERS. DELTA KEYS GO TO LAWN TRACTORS SUCH AS JOHN DEERE, MTD YARDMACHINES, TORO, CUB CADET, TROY BUILT, AND OTHERS. THE INDAK KEYS GOTO PRETTY MUCH ANY LAWN MOWER WITH ELECTRIC START. THESE KEYS ARE STOCKED IN THE GARDEN DEPARTMENT DOWN THE AISLE THAT HAS PARTS FOR LAWNMOWERS AND TRACTOR REPAIR STUFF NOT IN THE HARDWARE DEPARTMENT. NEXT TIME, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE MAKING OFF COLORED REMARKS MAKING ME SOUND ***.

"RETAILER4LIFE", I DON'T WORK FOR HOME DEPOT. SO, YOU ALSO NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE MAKING COMMENTS LIKE THAT.

"GHOSTBUSTER", YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE BALL!!! YOU KNOW WHAT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABOUT. LOCATION IS THE KEY TO GETTING BETTER LOCATIONS FROM COMPANIES THAT REALLY WANT TO HELP YOU FEEL WELCOME IN THE STORE.

8) Hey!

Dip *** the Key's are made in the

Hardware Department in all Stores.

To bad you got lost in Home & Garden.

Hee ! Hee!

where does it say that he works for HD, he just said he gets better service there and it all depends on where you live which company gives better service..

Way to go, Home Depot employee!! Writing in to complain about Lowes!

Hmmm..... When I comp the HD, it's their employees doing the "hiding", Might want to check your guys out first!

View more comments (8)
Review

Lowes review in Bronx, New York: Lowe's poorly installed my roof in 2005 & ran away

I contracted with Lowe's in 2005 to install my roof. They not only failed to properly install my roof but have to date failed to make any attempts to make me whole. As a result of their lack of oversight (they hired contractors without first checking their credentials) my home developed leaks that were never there before. I have incurred serious interior and exterior damage as a result of the work performed by the contractors they hired. Lowe's never once checked the quality of the work being performed while the roof was being installed. To make matters worse, the contractor they hired to install the roof in turn subcontracted the work to another unqualified installer.
Lowes Installation