Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes using unreliable subcontractors

We contracted thru Lowes Home Improvement in Mooresville, NC to have 2 vinyl fences repaired and a new gate installed. The contractor came out and estimated a total cost of almost $850 for the work and parts. Our HOA sent the store a check for the full amount. After 4 months of not showing up and not returning phone calls and 2 calls to the store complaining and listening to the contractor service departmant make excuses for him, the contractor service department representative asked if we wanted a refund,, which she promptly sent. We used a licensed handyman service and got the work done for $165, plus $50 in parts, he repaired even the old gate and saved us the price of a new gate.

:grin

In Denver, Co

TJW Construction is the General Contractor, they don't actually do the work. They hire Sub-Contractors.

They are no different than the good ole (The Home Depot)

They are in all stores in Colorado and Wyoming. They get 10 to 1 Jobs.

While the small General Contractor gets 1 to 10 in all the stores, as you deal with the real Contractor.

Next time you pay for an install at your Lowes. Ask if the General Contractor, will personally call you and show up, not a Sub - Contractor!

Comment by the ( The General )

Review
#119738 Review #119738 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Lowes in Scranton, Pennsylvania - Grill was scratched and dented.

Saturday morning we went to bye a grill at Lowes because we saw the add for free delivery and pick-up. Then we were told there was a $65. charge because it was not an appliance . I cook on it, hence it is an appliance. Any way they asked us when to deliver it, we said Tues afternoon, it came in the morning, I was not home yet. Then I saw the old grill they said they would take it but it was still there. They came the next day for that. Then I saw our grill with a scratch and dent. We wrote to feed back and never heard anything.
Review
#119629 Review #119629 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Tuscaloosa, Alabama - Blow this

I am a home improvement contractor and spent over 100,ooo dollars in lowes last year ,i bought a HUSQVARRNA BLOWER on 12/11/07and used it twice to blow of roofs and it sat in my tool trailer until today 5/1/08 when i started it up it ran fine but would not blow ,I took it back to lowes in gloucester to exchange it for a working one but the best they said they could do was send it of for repairs but i need one for tommorrow so to *** with lowes in gloucester , carter lumber is closer than lowes in gloucester and home depot is just up the street from lowes im sure they will be happy to have my business,lowes will not make another cent from me nor will i send my customers there,this $149.00 blower will end up losing you hundreds of thousands,thanks for nothing, Karl Fox

Lowes must be hiding lots of money on their books with all the people I talk to daily that spend hundereds of thousands every year/month/weekend.... Of course it's when they want to return something, or get a discount, blah blah blah.

hey roadhog, gloucester va. ya ma ***.

Karl,

Just because you spent"100,000" in lowe's (which i highly doubt) does not mean that the local store can break policy. The return policy clearly states on the back of your reciept that power equipment can be returned within 30 days of purchase.

After the 30 days, Lowe's policy is that it is sent for a repair, unless you paid for a replacement plan.... Blower's usually are less than $20 bucks extra... The replacement plan is made for your exact reason..

Surely someone as "business" smart as yourself could see the light!! So Blow yourself off buddy-boy!

I am rehabbing a duplex and bought $2,600 of kitchen appliances. Went back into the store in St. Petersburg, FL to ask the salesman a question and he was absolutely rude...cancelled the order and when across the street to Home Depot...bought two new kitchens and SAVED hundreds of dollars.

There is no Lowes in Gloucester. It is located in Danvers, MA

View more comments (4)
Review
#119551 Review #119551 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Charlotte, North Carolina - Lowe's doesn't care about community

I live near Lowes here in Shelby, North Carolina. My house is the closest house to Lowes. However, this house and this beautiful community I live in was here well before Lowes ever thought about being here. I’m up 2 ½ hours before my alarm clock is set to go off because their has awoken me again. Last night at around midnight it was going off too. The same thing the night before and this happens too frequently. I’ve called the police many times, I would guess over 20 times this year alone in reference to the alarm going off when it’s going off, and I don’t call every time. My entire family is affected by this noise penetrating into my house and disrupting our much needed noise pollution. I need my sleep and peace. I’ve called to complain and the first time one of the managers said he’d look into it and have it resolved within a couple of weeks. It wasn’t resolved so I called back. I spoke with a different manager that said “it’s like living near an airport, you have to deal with it” and he suggested that I “put a pillow over my head”. I called their corporate office and complained. I called their district manager left a message on 3 occasions and then finally called someone else in a different corporate office that I was able to speak with. They were able to connect me with the district manager and assured me that this is not appropriate and is against their policy. The employees are setting it off. They are not supposed to be leaving the store after they get there until the manager gets there to turn the alarm off. However, they apparently are leaving the store nonetheless. The manager is supposed to be there earlier enough to prevent this, apparently he is not. The police say they can’t do anything. I really don’t understand the purpose in having an alarm that’s going to go off almost nightly. This desensitizes the police departments’ response to it and the community’s’ as well. If Lowes can’t do anything and the police can’t do anything what am I to do? I could move I guess, but that’s a bit ridiculous since I love this house. But, in Charlotte I was told by one of the corporate people this would not be allowed and they would be fined. So, apparently some cities would not allow this. I called the city of Shelby and there is seemingly nothing no one can do about it. I need my sleep and this continuous disturbance is obviously interfering with my life and my family’s life. Sleep is very important and these interruptions are preventing me from achieving it. I’m forced to do something because of this, but what? I can’t sue them because that would be too costly and timely. The only obvious thing is to fight back, but how? If the city doesn’t support me in resolving this then they are allowing deep resentments and anger to ensue. That coupled with lack of sleep is not a good combination and is how people become violent. I do not want it to get to this point. I do not have much more time to waste on this. If there isn’t immediate resolve then I will be forced to seek legal action, and if that doesn’t seem feasible I’ll need to move into defaming the image of Lowes as much as possible (e.g. newspaper, blogs, reviews online, city meetings, etc…) and I will find every means possible. If that continues to not work I might go crazy and feel that I may go over there and physically dismantle the alarm myself or …..
#20498

In reply to "Hates *** People" Looks like you are the *** one ---- in the first sentence of her post, she states she has lived in this house long before Lowes was ever built.

I feel your pain, however you are not alone. This happens on a regular basis nation wide.

Companies like lowes do not care like they say they do about the customer.

Money talks every time. The best advice I can give you is to contact the mayor of your city or town or talk to the governor of your state.

its the theft alarm that goes off. its for when someone uses the emergency alarm.

u lose your job if u ignore it so idk how they getting away with it.

like last one said if u made all those calls just file lawsuit. things happen to fix themselves when money is involved.

:) Well I think Lowes does great for the communties like giving grants to area schools and doing women builds ect.

Ok here's a couple complaints I have with this post...

#1...this is pissed off consumer...your complaint is not about ANY consumer issues...its about the proximity of a business to your house.

#2...why did you buy a house in a commercial zone? Big box stores are not allowed in areas restricted for residential...so maybe you are just an ***...or have no clue about anything other than the bottle of choice that u drink from when hubby goes to work.

Next time you buy a house...check the zoning of the area...if you are in a commercial zone...or even NEAR a commercial zone...then u get what you pay for. Your property cost you less because of the proximity of the house to the zone, so as that one manager told you...DEAL WITH IT!

Lowes is just an other name for wal mart they don't care. Our wal mart wants to cut down 30 grand oak trees to expand..we don't need a bigger wal mart but dame the citizens and full speed ahead.

Now for your Lowes, it must be illgal to play load music after midnight.? Maybe the mayor would like some good rap or even bag pipe music out side his house when the alarm goes off over at your house or maybe just a phone call every time it goes off. Can you get neighbors together and fight back even start a civil suit and get it into the news papers and tv Lowes would like it a lot if had tv crews all over the parking lot. Maybe a wheel chair protest in the parking lot , you know they move really slow and pissed off customers will go to another store to shop.

Also call and write to your local and state government they have to have a business license. to do business and if they are maintaining a nuisance you could block them from business until they correct the problem. Also what kind of alarm goes off??? FIRE???

better call the fire department!! Nothing *** off a fireman better then a false alarm even better if it keeps them from going to a real fire.

AND that spells LAW SUITE big time! Good Luck Keep sqeaking little mouse you will get results!

View more comments (5)
Review
#119481 Review #119481 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in West Des Moines, Iowa - PROPERTY DAMAGE

I am writing this letter as an ex Lowe’s customer, as I had the absolute worst customer experience I have ever experienced and or witnessed; A nightmare that spanned more than nine months, and was brought on by your West Des Moines Iowa store. The experience in my opinion and the opinions of every one I’ve shared my experience with, (including the Better Business Bureau) borders on criminal. O July 10, 2007, scheduled an estimate on having a special order storm door and back door installed at my home. A few days later a Lowe’s installer by the name of Brad Thomas came to my home, took measurements, had a quick conversation about how when the old trim was removed, some stucco would come off and need to be patched. He explained that stucco patch would be easy to apply myself, I agreed, and he left. On July 15, I went to Lowe’s and pre paid $1216.83 for the doors and the work to be completed. I also did some research on stucco patch and learned it should not be applied in cold temperatures. It was a good thing I was having this done in the summer. In September the installer finally called to tell me the door came in but that it came in damaged and asked if I still wanted him to install it. Of course I told him no. He then informed me that a new one would have to be ordered. I voiced concern over the cooler weather and applying the stucco patch and was told I should contact Kelly if I had any concerns. Concerns were an understatement, I had spent over $1200 dollars over two months ago on work that had not been started yet, and worried about the condition of my house as I had been advised not to apply the patch until warmer weather. I called Kelly who informed me that all he could do was offer me a $100.00 gift card for my troubles. I explained my concern regarding the application of the stucco patch and the fact that I would have actual holes letting the cold weather into my home all winter. Again he stated he could only offer a $100.00 gift card. When I went to the store I went to the customer service counter as Kelly had instructed me to do, but nobody there knew what I was talking about. I stood there for 30 minutes while the poor girl working the customer service desk tried to find Kelly and figure out what I needed. In the end I was given a $100.00 dollar bill. I left the store puzzled and irritated. In Mid November Brad called and said the door was finally in and that he would be going out of town. We scheduled the install for November 22. The day before Thanksgiving and four months after this process began. On November 22, Brad Thomas shows up at 9:00 in the morning to get started. A little while later another guy shows up to help. They sat their air compressor and sawhorses on my pave stone patio and did all their work there rather than on the concrete patio. The air compressor plugged into my outdoor electrical outlet vibrated on my paver stones for eight and a half hours. Mid morning the first snow of the season started falling, and my house became chilly as there was no back door installed and chunks of stucco had been pulled off with the trim. Brad the installer leaves at 4:00 PM, leaving the other guy to finish the work, load the equipment and clean their mess; needless to say the latter was not done, and we would be unaware until the next day when the snow melted away. The second guy finishes up and leaves at 5:30. The next day; Thanksgiving, the snow melts away exposing four paver stones that had been vibrated down so far that they were a safety concern, pieces of cut wood and bags of screws. Monday I am contacted by a lady asking about the install. I explained that the door looks great but there were some patio stones damaged during the install. She said she would call the installer. A few days later Brad called and says he will come out and look at the damage after the snow melts. This winter was particularly harsh, and I never heard from Brad. It was March 2008 when the weather began to warm up and the snow had completely melted. Only then was I able to see the damage in its entirety. After a long snow and ice filled winter the four damaged paver stones had caused a number of them to shift. Now my patio was not only an eye sore but a safety concern for myself and my three year old daughter. I called lowe's install department and I am surprised when it is the same lady I talked to after the install. I was even more surprised when she remembered the damaged patio and the installer. She says she will contact Brad again. Brad calls a few days later and leaves a message on my answering machine. He says he is out of town, but it down to look at it April 1st. April 1st he leaves a message saying to call him. I try him several times leaving messages each time. Finally on April 9, /I get a hold of him. He says he is trying to get Kelly to come out and take a look at it. He then tells me there is no way he could have damaged it. I explained to him that the bricks that were damaged (sunk down) initially are where the air compressor sat. His response was that the air compressor only weighs 25 pounds. I said that is 25 pounds that vibrated on a few paver stones for eight hours straight. His next response was “well it couldn’t have done that because the ground was frozen. I told him that the ground was not frozen, that in fact the day of the install was the first snow of the year and that it was completely melted the next day. He said he would get a hold of Kelly and get back to me. After not hearing back from him, I called Lowe’s on April 11th. I was transferred to the install department and explained my situation to the gentleman who answered the phone. He said he would have me talk to Kelly. Without putting me on hold, I heard him say, “its Tina Wilkins, she says she is getting nowhere with Brad Thomas about fixing a patio that was damaged during a door install, then I hear Kelly say, “That has nothing to do with me, give it to Jim.” The gentleman who answered the phone then said to Kelly,” well it does if it was damaged during an install”. Kelly then said, “It wasn’t, the door is here and the patio is here. I was told by the initial gentleman to hang on that he would transfer me to Jim Hyatt the install Manager. During the transfer I was disconnected. I called back and was disconnected again. ( I suggest recording your calls for customer service assurance) I immediately called back and asked for the store manager. I was informed he was in a meeting. I asked for his name and was told it was Rick Watson. I called back at 12:30, this time I asked for Jim Hyatt. I was transferred to Dan who said Jim was in a meeting. When I said I would call him back later I was informed that Jim should be back on Monday. (I thought he was in a meeting) I called back at 2:15 and talked with Rick Watson. I retold the situation, and was told that either he or Kelly would be out Monday to get it taken care of. On Monday April 14th, nine months after this ordeal started, I left work to meet Rick Watson at my house at noon. His response was “, I don’t think Brad could have done this damage, and called it erosion. I again explained about the air compressor but was quickly cut off by, “we have nobody who does this kind of work, but I can give you a $50.00 gift card and some sand. After looking around my house for more “erosion” which could not be found, he left. So now I am left with 5 bags of sand, a $50.00 gift card and a damaged patio. After being a loyal lowe’s shopper, it more than upsets me to write this letter, but I feel that I was treated unfairly, and my home and family has suffered for Lowe’s lack of responsibility. After reading several interesting web sites with stories from ex customers such as myself, I see I am not alone. Rest assured that I will not step foot in another Lowe’s, and will continue to spread my story to everyone I come into contact with both by mouth and web postings. I considered myself a loyal customer. I always went to Lowe’s over Home Depot or Menards, and would recommend it to friends and coworkers. And for loyalty, I get treated this way. There is one thing I would like to thank you for however, and that is, I want to thank you for making this huge blunder before I ordered my new front doors and windows to be installed through you or any of your affiliates.
#19024

The most wide spread problem with Lowes Home improvement is their hiring scam artist for their contractors. I contracted with Lowes to have a fence installed November 30, 2007 wood was delivered November 31, 2007 was told to place the wood down the driveway out of sight.

They placed it in the middle of my driveway in front of my house. no where to park cars. Complained to Lowes said they could not send anyone to move to wood and proceeded to say that the fence installer would be here next Wed. and said fence would be done by week-end.

March 2008 still waiting for my fence to be installed. He came by after numerous complaints in the middle of Dec. and removed all our fence. We have a dog!

And no .....fence! When he finally came over in March I came home from work and he had cut my concrete in the wrong places I screamed you were told back in Nov. where I wanted these placed . Oh my he said I remember now but I had forgotten.

PISSED I AM.... He would come for about 2 hrs. and LEAVE. I had about all I could take.

Called BBB and they had a mile of complaints on him and his brother. And they can't find them. They have no info on the two.(Beckett Decking and fence) owner Robert Beckett and brother Curtis Beckett) Company no longer exist. But wait we now have (Curtis Beckett fencing) But address does not exist even Phone number is wrong.

I did my own back round check they come from W. Virginia and have numerous addresses through the south I live in Louisville, Ky. hmm. I went in to Lowes now APRIL and told them that I fire Curtis I do not want him at my home again and showed all the scam stuff I had on him.

Said wow this is unbelievable I asked, don't you do back round checks? They don't but the home office in Georgia does. To shorten this because every time I wright all this down I think they are going to have to put me away do to anger, hurt, crying oh did I mention ANGER. We wanted to have are yard landscaped by March and for Fathers day the kids were buying dad a grill.

So we could have a big family reunion because his parents are ill and moving for good to a warm spot. None of this happened grandparents are gone and are fence what is up looks like s... It is now June 26, 2008 almost July I'm sure you all can do the math. Lowes still wants to make us Happy........

Please if anyone who reads this and maybe from another State who has dealt with the Beckett Brothers or Lowes please let me know.

Lowes is probaly the biggest scam artist. Maybe ok to buy tools hardware items but stay away from intallers.

why you would shop at lowe's over menards is beyond me. that was your first mistake.

View more comments (1)
Review
#119329 Review #119329 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Winfield, Kansas - Loew's have recorded me as deceased.

Since September, 2007 my account with Loew's has been fouled up. I have had my account with Loew's for over twenty years. They have somehow confused my account with my mother-in-law who passed away September 10, 2007. I have called several times including today to try to straighten this out. I have been told at least three times that this problem has been resolved. But as of the latest billing cycle, I am still shown as deceased. If this is not corrected before my next billing, I will close the account and never do business with Loew's again. Account #82222471066658. Signed - Irene T Hagerty 106 Morton Rd Fredericksburg, VA 22405 540-373-3237
Review
#119286 Review #119286 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Albany, New York - Cosumer complaint

your store no 1740 has a rude service manager by the name of joe. he ranks above a man named matt brown. joe needs an attitude adjustment, however matt should be promoted. i philp carlotti had a problem which matt kindly took care off i say thank you to him and humbug to joe. as a result of matt i will not be going to home depot. ipersonally like lowes and have frequented your stores in all the f for matt sstates i have resided. thanking you in advan ce for matt sincerely philip carlotti.ps im adding these words to complete the minimum requirement.
Review
#119109 Review #119109 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in Mahopac, New York - Yeah, we believe this

having an intimate first hand knowledge of lowes ccic *** you can say almost anything. eg: I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR 45 MINUTES for my grill yeah right. just the other day a customer came in on a sunday when we open at 8am and said he was waiting for 25 minutes and it was exactly 8:12am. the 5.00 an hour dolts that take your phone calls may believe this but we dont.........I will make you wait longer at the customer service desk. Just because you spend a couple of hundred dollars in the store does not give you ownership of the people in front of you......remember the louder you yell the less help you get

You customers of lowes make me want to vomit. WHO needs you???

All you do is *** and complain.

Go to home depot. like we care.

my favorite was watching a man ask an employee for help loading a 4x8 sheet of 1/4 luan plywood. The employee, WITH TWO BROKEN ARMS IN CASTS picked up the plywood, and put it on the guys roof rack and went inside. He didnt say thank you to the guy sothe customer went in and complained about the "poor loading service"

:grin :grin Well said friend.

If they don't like Lowe's they can go to Home Depot. :p

#20502

oh boo hoo.

"I don't know" is NEVER an acceptable answer from somebody in retail unless it is IMMEDIATELY followed by the words "but I'll find out for you.".

Otherwise saying "I don't know" or "There's nothing I can do about it" = the same thing as you telling the customer to "*** off".

If you hate your retail job so bad, grow up & move out of your mommy's basement. Go get a real job.

#20501

apparently some *** at Lowes doesn't understand that what they are getting paid to do is called "customer service".

When you work retail, it doesn't matter what you 'title' is or what position you work in -- your job is ALWAYS customer service.

Oh, you people are full of it. There are dedicated people and losers in all fields, but the Lowe's in my area has an unbelievable amount of incompetent, apathetic employees.

I am not a yeller or demander. I know different people have different limits.

I won't expect a one legged man to walk fast and I do not expect that all or most Lowe's employees are capable of giving even barely adequate service. The uniform here should be a big squishy red nose and big floppy shoes, not aprons.

I am a cashier at Lowe's and I feel like I have a target painted on my forehead. Customer's think that if they yell at me for any inconvenience they have sustained, that I can actually do something about it.

People!

If you have a problem, grow a spine and talk to the manager. The cashier is the bottom of the food chain and we ARE NOT your whipping boy.

Yes, what makes the public think that they can treat me like dirt on the floor? I have worked retail for many years and no matter what filthy word that comes out of the customer's mouth I am supposed to smile and give great customer service?

I do just that because I believe in the company that I work for but, too many of the general public think the louder they yell or the more obnoxious they become... we will give them something for free because they feel we owe it to them.

View more comments (7)
Review

Lowes in waldorf, md don't want young black males

I was shopping at lowes in waldorf, md and i notice that they was having a job fair. I was impressed by how many young people was at this job fair and how they was seemed to be prepared by already having interview clothing on. The job fair was held in the back of the store by the rest room. As i was going to the rest room, i saw the store manager by the name Wayne the thing that was disturbing was how he said that these well dressed young people who was making an effort to gain employment looked like drug dealers, the last time i checked drug dealers don't apply for jobs. the sad thing about this is nothing will be done about this incident becuase he will deny it of course.

Oddly the original poster never stated a specific racial group. Who said the young people were black, that were applying for employment? Any young person that is striving to obtain gainful employment should be applauded;especially these days.

Oh my Gosh! I am shocked that this site is a forum for this kind of talk.

Really? No value of any sort can be placed on any of these comments. I, myself am ashamed that I read them all and am dignifying these responses instead of leaving this site!! Social Networking...?

Ugh!

First of all, is this not the place for consumer's reviews? How did this subject come to be "planted" here?

I am sick of hearing about the poor unfortunate black race. Look at your grammar...is it correct grammar? NO. Why is it that EVERYTHING that happens to blacks these days is racist?

I do not see white people having a white pride month, nor do I see or hear of ALL white colleges, WHITE million man march...WOULD BE CONSIDERED WHAT? A KKK rally for sure. I do not see the whites having an all white get together and signage leading to an event of that nature. The whites of today DID NOT do what their ancestors did and should in no way be held accountable for it.

Blacks segregate themselves. Can you not see this? Give it a break, let it be, it is history stop reliving it. Everyone knows what happened to your ANCESTORS not you.

If your race does not want be stereotyped, IMPROVE it. Use proper grammar, stop committing crimes and (to the young black males) PULL UP YOUR PANTS! What is it supposed to mean?

Is it you can not afford to buy a belt? Maybe you want everyone to know you have on clean underwear...I mean really now, what is with the pants hanging off your hips?

Is it STILL this easy to stir it up for a thrill? Anonymous gives real NO ID or references.

No one else reports it. But (he?) knew how to stir it up with a deliberate attack on a legitimate business in a highly competitive and saturated market with the choice of words that were used. Looking at the store, there is no reason to believe it. Then or now.

And what (he) stirred up in minutes goes on for years? What does that make us for giving that old post the power?

I'm not racist by any means. However, it amazed me to read these posts.

Who are you trying to convince? You certainly just convinced me of your ignorance! You didn't even use proper grammar. There are these tools called spell check and grammar check...I suggest you use them in the future before posting such ridiculous posts!

Welcome to the 21st century people...use the tools provided and you will get much further in life. What happened to hard work and dedication to get where you want to be in life. People today are just looking for the easy way out and the free hand outs.

You aren't entitled to anything and the fact that you think you are proves just how ignorant you are! Just sayin'...

Killer Robot - You too have a problem with the English language. The word is "seriously" not "serious." Glass houses?

I was looking for the hours of lowes and found this. I truly lauded at the people making fun bc really this post is retarded.

The church people are correct but then again if you make a post like this you're asking for response. And the lowes Mgr's comment didn't mean he was racist. It meant our youth dress unprofessional and act even worse. It's just truth.

And the *** who generates this post needs to learn language again bc he/she sad "I was in lowes and I notice they was having a job fair" how bout they were having a job fair tard. They talk like this a few times in the post.

Racism may suck but fact is if adults or parents didn't let their kids go out looking like they do for a interview then maybe they would be treated more serious. Not a sermon just a thought.

Always choose to hide behind anonymity. A cowardice act, regardless of race. Why stoop to their level.

After serving my country and serving alongside black, white, yellow, red..the thing that i ever really cared about was if they able perform their jobs. I didn’t judge nor did I consider the race of the person.

There were some that disappointed me and guess what, they were from each race. Some excelled, from each race. What I am trying to say is that we kill ourselves as humans when we look at someone who is different than us and criticize. I am a black male who came up in the inner city.

I didn't know how to speak properly and i didn’t own any decent clothes because we were poor. Like someone who gave me an opportunity, so i do the same regardless of their skin. God made us all and if you have any problems with that please talk to him and stop taking it out on each other. You never know when you might need that other person.

Besides, if we all go back to Africa you will then turn on those with darker skin, or red hair, or maybe anyone else to blame and make yourself feel superior. Why is it that we need someone to always be the "THEM" and not realizing that the "THEM" is us.

When does it end. Sadly…when the world ends.

Love is a constant with no shadow of variableness

Typical black person to use the race card.

i happen to stumble onto this site. i was looking for something at lowe's....

i am very upset over the comments that have been typed here. the nerve of anyone making fun of another human being. but guess what, when you lay your head on the pillow tonight, and you are all alone, think about what you have said about a creation from our heavenly Father, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. God bless all of you and I hope and pray that you will try to be more like Christ, who loved everyone.

i may not like things that you say and do, but i would never hate you for a color of your skin, how you talk, or your actions. again.....i may not like your actions, but i am commanded by my heavenly Father to love you.

#204467

I pray that ALL of you repent and learn to LOVE one another as Jesus loved us! All of this racism, profanity, and people trying to place themselves on a higher level than other people is nothing but the works of the Devil!

You are condemning yourselves to *** by your actions, and way of thinking! Who cares if someone cant speak proper English or dress high class. They are not the ones in trouble. YOU are when you ridicule, talk negative about them, and be racist toward them.

That goes for all people. no matter what color u are. You can respond however you want but just remember This life you are living is only Temporary! And how you spend it here and how you treat people will determine where you will spend eternity!

Oh and if you don't know... *** is real!

So I hope you all take what i said into consideration! Life would be so much better if we learn to love each other and get along!

#202359

amazing how the internet has given racist a forum to operate behind the scene.

stand up and become a real citzen or shut the *** up!!!

you people are really hostile...

First, he never said he was mad that he didnt get the job, he was mad that he heard this comment. so making fun of his grammar and slang is just to satisfy your inner racist.

Second, he said they were dressed well so why are you talking about how bad black people dress for interviews, you just wanted to share that with us? this isnt a forum to complain about other races. so please, save that for your clan meeting.

Third.... What exactly is your argument with this guy? that a manager should be able to call a group of black males drugdealers??? If they are not qualified then they should not be hired. At no point should they be called drugdealers.

go ahead and make fun of my grammar

and i am white by the way, not that it matters

Can we all just get along..... Lol!!

Now that *** was funny. No Matter What They Will Always Suck.

Black,White who cares.. Red is what we all bleed.

Maybe if you learned to speak English properly you'd have better luck finding a job in which you deal with the public. Your comment is filled with grammatical errors that, I am certain, are reflected in your spoken language.

I am a Southerner from Mississippi and I speak with a severe Mississippi Delta accent. However, I speak in my "native" accent only at home and around friends.

In public and in my professional life, I speak correct, unaccented English. You should try it.

Unbelievable in day that people are still trying this ***. I have been shopping in that store for over ten years.

No where close to what you are saying. Get a life

Another ***-*** lazy *** that wants to blame the "man" for his inability to achieve! More than half of the employees at this store are ***...certainly, and I wish he was, Wayne was a racist, then there would be a lot less *** working at this store.

to the clown with the naam sayin. ok, you got your attention with that nonsense,but, don't slip up and let me catch with that condescending attitude on the streets. it will get your *** torn off real proper!

I have been with Lowes three years. We hire anyone and everyone.Most diverse group of employees of any place I worked.

Any race,sex,age,religion or sexual orientation is welcome.There are bad apples in every barrel,don't crucify the whole company.

Bad economy, everyone needs money. People always have a prejudice and not necessarily by race it may have been something else, you never know though... people are still very prejudice, and mind you that does not mean just color

It seems to me, if what you say is true, the "manager" to which you were speaking may have been confiding in you about a problem which already exists. Perhaps, this might reflect upon the way you were talking to this manager and it is not really a true reflection on the Lowe's Stores or their policies for hiring of employees.

I personally have witnessed employees selling drugs in the bathroom during shift change and have reported the incident to the management. I was thanked and told that it would be handled.

I never saw either of those two people in that store again. I think it is great if the managment is working on keeping the rif raf in the streets where it belongs and why do young people want to represent for thugs anyway?

wat the *** is a race card? when you play it, you dont win or get anything from using it.

there are still racist *** rednecks in waldorf.

people are still going to say, and do racist things. why is that so hard to believe?

yo yo yo yo naam sayin naam sayin I bet dis *** hur wuz jus tryna git a job naam sayin and them niggaz in lowes was bein trilly trill and not lettin dis *** git his papaz naam sayin?

dats why niggaz need to be hustlin cuz niggas dont want niggas in da workspace... i meen, all wez tryna do is slang *** in da workspace? wuts so bad about dat? we beez workni in da workspace and slanging *** makin more money so wez cn git some rimms yo... i aint seen no prob naam sayin?

If this is how you talk; you most likely won't get a job. It's sad that 50% of young black males talk this way as well... get mad and everything but that's not far off bo any means. Even young white males try to copy it now...

Being *** is cool.

I don't think the color of your skin or your background and heritage were the reason you didn't get the job. I also don't think there was much foul play with what the manager said either.

Younger people dress like drug dealers nowadays. It's the "cool" thing to do ever since Lil' Wayne said it was on the radio or his cd (I'm not blaming Lil Wayne but he was just an easy thing to pick out)

You get these kids that do anything now just to fit into this image portrayed by these guys. It's cool to rob and steal, hit women and deal drugs. I talk as if I'm old but I'm only 22... I just see it and I'm not *** enough to fall into it myself.

It's ridiculous the poster even knows how to use a computer? I can't blame Wayne. The poster himself probably did too many drugs in school to learn proper spelling and/or grammar. How the *** can our nation function in the future if people like this poster are running the different systems in America?

This is pathetic. It makes me laugh on the inside a little. I'm moving out of the U.S. ... this "culture" or lack thereof is just a culture of stupidity and ignorance.

To the original poster: You're a *$&%ing ***, you probably shouldn't be allowed to have a job... none the less... breathe.

OMG, can non of you read and write?! There was nothing in the orginal blog about "young black males", which goes to show that the writer was not very intelligent. Then the lot of you, except one, went on about the same thing.

In the quote of the manager Wayne, he said nothing about blacks or any other race. It sounds more like some uneducated *** is just paranoid!

To the author of the orginal blog:

It is a wonder that you could navigate on a computer to even find a spot on the web to complain. If you spend at least half the effort to that on something worth while, oh let's say on something like an education, you wouldn't have to spend your life being paranoid about your race and complaining to others how you are such a looser.

To the teacher and everyone else that is involved in the mockery of judgemental antics that took place at Lowes in Waldorf Md..

Get over yourselves.. Let the process take it's own path.. We as a whole can only control many things in life and this senerio is one of them.

Futhermore, to the teacher that rants on speaking/education, shame on you, Maybe if you were a educator instead of a dictator, many other young people could write that perfect response to this blog..

Instead, pay checks and Union rallies might of been more important to you, instead of offering your expert training in your class that we pay for..

Come on people, enough is enough..

Ask him...

Contact info provided by:

www.lowesceo.com

1st, to be fair to Lowes of Waldorf, it appears have a very diverse work force (from top to bottom).

2ndly, a lot of young people simply do not "get" the interview process. You know the whole "making a great 1st impression" etc. Showing up in a halter top, body piercings, pants falling off your butt, clingy/tight/sexy attire, are simpy not "business/interview appropriate".

Re: drug dealers... in Southern Maryland the drugs of choice are prescriptions, *** and marijuana, so WE KNOW what a drug dealer look like don't we? Or at least what the average abuser look like. They look like Suburbanites. My husband and I get so sick of the hypocricy, that we always tell folks that every job should be like the ones we have & require "Annual & Random Drug Testing" of ALL employees.

Question ... What is the "Race Card"? Is it similar to the "Gender Card"? When can you play it? So if someone says something that is offensive, you should simply be silent?

Does anyone know what a SMIB is? After moving here, it was the big joke where I worked. SMIB=Southern Maryland InBred. So if I overheard during an interview that most of the applicants looked liked SMIBs, (a)should I ignore it; (b)smile and nod knowingly; (c)speak up; or (c) post to the net "XYZ company biased against Rural White Southern Marylanders? Where is your Moral/Ethical Compass?

The the whole diction thing... everyone is quick to critisize black folks on this. I rarely see anyone critique when whites speak as though they are still teenagers and phrase/ends sentences in the form of the question, although they are making a statement (Calfornidiciton- not a real word, I just made that up).

That's it .... One Person's Opinion

Perhaps if the letter writter took the time to learn how to speak English and conduct his/herself like an educated adult..they may not have to go through life playing the race card every time they didn't get something handed to them on a silver platter?

#20219

Quite presumptuous. At the time I interviewed with Lowes, there were a diversity of minorities; in particular; \"black males\" employed in the Waldorf store.

In addition, my partner and myself have always been favorably impressed with the pleasant demeanor and knowledge that we have received over the years at the Waldorf location. As to \"Wayne\", possibly one of several managers (I am familiar with two others). Wishing you luck in your endeavors. Place efforts forth in positivity and for more than reason, comments such as these are preludes to flagrant actions in life.

Foremost, no inference was made relevant to \"race\"; just because something is conducted in the \"back of the store\" has not negatively impact the intent of the Fair or any future opportunities that may be granted. Lastly, possibly, you could take a intelligently mental note and view this in a manner to your benefit: Whereas, A twofold response could be....: \"How would one know what a drug dealer looks like?\" Wise quote: \"Speak without offending; listen without defending\"

I just happened to come across this blog because I googled "Lowes in Waldorf" and this blog was the third one down.

Apparently, someone played around during English class. I agree with half of the other posts. What the manager said may have been offensive, but the author only helped prove the mind frame of the manager by showing that he couldn't write/speak properly?

I bet he still stood in line for that job. And I bet that he didn't get that job and that's when this blog was posted. HA. Please invest in your education first before trying to rally people to stand with you. No one likes ignorance.

Last, if the author is only a minor (15 - 17 years) and reads this again, be sure to ask for after school tutoring.

:zzz :x :grin :p 8)

zachary

You did not get the job did you? And Diann the title of the letter said.

" lowes in waldorf, md don't want young black males "

Maybe that is where Play the race card got the attitude that the letter writer was inplying racism. IMO if they talk the same way they type it could be the reason they did not get the job.

Whre did this person say anything about race, or a black person. I read and re-read and still don't see it. You commenters need to stick to the facts of the story

your title has nothing to do with your story. if u want a job apply online.

get a interview and show up in a shirt and tie with dress pants. walk like a normal person and not like someone that fits that stereotype.

Everyone is racist! Everyone is racist! Maybe they used grammar just like you and he was simply figuring that they were ignorant.

Let's look at what you said closer. You state that he was generalizing about young black men...yet you generalized back that "nothing will be done about this incident" as if it were 1930 again.

Maybe he was speaking on how they were carrying themselves. Maybe they all spoke broken english. And by the way, there are plenty of drug dealers who hold down full time jobs...its the easiest way to hide what they really do.

View more comments (35)

Lowes in Reston, Virginia - Lowe's St. James, NY Brandon Blowhard *** Mgr,

Attempted to have a few rudimentary questions clarified for a millwork order recently. Had received a very polite call from the evening mgr responding with a final quote and he indicated he would be following up the next morning to answer a simple question. The next morning Lowes calls, they dont know anything whatsoever about the previous quote/call nor about the open question. When I reiterate asking to have my question clarified, the employee drops and runs to the manager. Ok, perhaps the Manager is the go to guy. Guess what.. Noooooooo !! The Manager procedes to claim that I berated his employees (only spoke to the one this morning) and that he deals with 100's of customers and no one ever questions anything that they fork over their money, bend over and have him insert his attitude asking how rude can you get Brandon???? Deeper Brandon!!!