Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes in Normal, Illinois - They sold the chairs I ordered!

Lowe's did not have 2 chaise lounge chairs in stock that matched the patio set I had just purchased on 5-31-08. They said they would be in on 6-13-08 and would call when I could pick them up. No call...so I went to the store on 6-15-08 to see if they were in. They had come in and sold them without calling me to tell me they were in!! I have a family reunion that I was needing them for on 6-21-08! Then they called to say they credited my credit card so I no longer have the merchandise to pick up! I was planning to purchase plants at Lowe's...but not now.

so why did you wait til a few weeks before the reunion to purchase the chairs?

OMG. Imagine the horrible inconvenience you have suffered.

If this is the trivial run of the mill suburban whining this site is about, I feel no need to go further.

Review

Lowes in Dunlap, Tennessee - Do not stock replacement parts.i bought a celling if a part breaks you can't get a part to fix it .

I bought a celling fan with a light , The globe got broken . went back to lowe's to get another globe but they don't keep parts. Said i had to buy the whole kit That is a rip off The next time i buy from them i will ask if they keep parts for it IF NOT I WONT BUY IT FROM THEM We found out there are a lot of things that they don't keep parts for riding lawn mowers after 5 yrs if you buy anything from Lowe's and you know you may need parts ask if they keep parts .

I ordered a remote control for my ceiling fan that I purchased at Lowes. I used the 800 number that was given with the original brochure. I ordered the part May 31st here it is June 17th and I have not received the part yet.

Lowes Replacement

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Class Action Suit against Lowe's

We have been suing Lowe's for the past 3 years only to hear at Mediation that they were ready to offer us $5,000 to settle our case out of court when my husband and I spend over $100,000 on my house remodeling and b/c of all the issues from Lowe's we had experience from *** and could not recover any money from them and lost money on the house during sale. We are gearing up for a class action Law Suite and are looking for lead plaintiffs. We already have a law firm lined up and happy to take us on. Please, send me an email to anna_vladi@hotmail.com if you are as pissed as I am and want Lowe's to pay for their fraudulent representation of professional service and robbing consumers all over the nation!!!

Here is a prime example of someone working the system. they get someone to perform a service it doesn't meet God's expectation of perfection and they sue.

For losing money on the home sale blame that on the real estate agents and property appraisers for inflating property prices and then the big pow. price drops all over the country.

Good Luck sounds like your just trying to recoup your lost from an where you can. Oh and you are more then likely house flippers and you payed to much for the house and figured you were going to make a killing on the house and you just had poor judgement.

Lowes in Reston, Virginia - Sold me the wrong product for the job described

In late march of 08 I went to Lowe's Paint dept at their Brunswick, Maine store. (Iam told this store was the #1 Lowe's store, in the nation and the Manager the #1 Manager in the nation.) To purchase a product to clean 5 cedar decks, attached to my home. I asked specificly for a product to clean CEDAR wood. The paint salesperson told us that OLYMPIC DECK CLEANER was the best they had to offer for my application and offered no other product. I purchased a large amount of the Olympic Deck Cleaner, read the directions several times, adhering to the directions, I proceeded to apply the product to the decks. The Olympic Deck Cleaner, appeared to be doing the required job but then a goo started to form on the surfaces of the decks as I rinsed them, according to the product directions. The more I rinsed the more the goo came. The end result was that when the decks dried I found they were covered with a gray coating, about 2 mils thick along with a blanket of wood fibers, adhered all over the deck. PPG, makes the Olympic Products. Lowes, has been assisting me in getting resoloution from PPG's tech. dept. However PPG refuses to accept any responsibility. They tell me I should not have used the product on cedar. NOW, here is the kicker. The Olmpic Deck Cleaner has no infomation what-so-ever on their product's container warning a consumer not to use it on Cedar! The tell me they have a Deck Brightner, that is made for Cedar & Redwood and I should have used that product. I was not told about the deck brightner and find that the Lowes store I went to does not even stock it! PPG tells me to sand the decks down to clear wood and finish. A very expensive, labor intensive job that might not be totally effective. I have an estimated $5,600.00 in damage or possibly much more! NO ONE CARES TO STEP UP TO RIGHT THE WRONG!!!

You should have read the part that sayd try on a small area first. Would have saved you a lot of money and time.

PPG is not responsible for your mistake. Lowes if any are due to them selling u the wrong product if you did tell them it was cedar.

You should have Lowe's repay you for the hassle. They are the ones who reccomended the product so they are responsible.

It does not cost that much to resand your deck and restain your deck. This is what we do for a living. Sometimes you need to research several options and products before you try and do the work yourself.

Good luck! :)

Lowes Manager

Racial Profiling at lowes in Pottstown

After I paid for my items on line, the cashier went into my cart and took out my 2 yr old son's jacket shooked it infront of other clients and over checked my cart in a accusatory way. I complained to the manager she laughed. I sent a letter requesting reimbursement of my money for that month (I had items installed and I can't take them back and take my business elsewhere). I was the only black person on the line and they didn't check the white clients carts like she did me. There response: No no refund, she was wrong and counsil about it, yes I was the only black person, yes she didn't treat them the same as me BUT, I was the only one with a jacket laying on the cart......Oh it was my 2 yr old jacket- what could I hide a pencil???? Is this country ready for change?

I can see why you felt that you were profiled, and felt insulted. But you took it too far by "requesting that your money be reimbursed".

Learning how to spell might help you :roll

Look im black!blacker than evr. but i never get accused of stuuf. dis lady is trippin.

#342042

What could you hide in a 2 year olds jacket???? most of the items in hardware, tools, flooring items, pkg.

of curtains, plumbing pieces, need I go on...and please you seem like the kind of person who cries "race" no matter where you shop. The answer, don't shop there anymore. I worked for Lowes from the time the physical set up of the store was going on until a few years later and there were plenty of whites that I suspicious of.

Did it ever occur to you that security was watching you and you did something suspicious, or maybe the person that you said did all these things has a racial problem??? You can't blame the store for one person my friend.

Please stop being so politically correct.

Which "ethnic groups" commit the majority of the crimes in the US?

I hate to believe there's racial profiling in Pottstown, but I know there is ANYWHERE a particular ethic group has garnered a reputation for fraud. Anyone in retail in Pottstown has experienced dirty tricks that, as Retail4Life says, are "skewed toward" a particular ethnic group.

Don't blame Loew's.

Blame dishonest people, and, if you happen to know any, educate them to the harm they are causing you.

By the way, "what does "counsil about it" mean?

It happened with me at Fort Collins, CO store. After, paying at a different counter, I was stopped by an associate who checked my receipt and bag..Ridiculous behavior. You are right, retailer4life, they seem to profile

*** lowes! nothing but a bunch of racial *** ***! white or black or your ***!

I am so sorry that you were "profiled" in the store, but having worked in retail for various big-name stores over the past 30 years, there is, unfortunately, a reason certain ethnicities are profiled ( i.e. "watched closely") when they are in the store.

I truly wish it were not so, but, sadly, it is, as this was not the way I, nor anyone in my family was brought up. I wish I had a dollar for every time someomeone of a particular ethnic background tried to pull a "fast one" on myself or my associates either through blatant theft, bogus refunds, or attempting to get a refund on something we do not even sell. And of course, they get quite loud when they get "outed" at the service desk. And yes, before you get on your high horse, I have also caught my fair share of white folks doing the same thing , But over the 30 years, I, along with anyone who has been in retail for any length of time can attest to, the numbers are definitely skewed toward a certain group who do this type of thing.

So yes, certain folks will be scrutinzed more closely either overtly or covertly when they are in our store ( or your store) . Just the facts, ma'am, these are just the facts.

View more comments (8)
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Hancock, New York - I can not get any help

I purchased a washer and dryer in 12/06. I did not purchase the extended warrienty. It is now broke. I called the service center and the only number of the company that service's them can not get to me for 6 weeks. I called my local lowe's store vestal ny and I was informed that I had no other options. This is crazy. I did not think my washer would break in that little time. I paid a lot of money for this washer. If this is the kind of service that I am getting from purchasing appliances for your company I will not be doing it again. Thanks Sarah Geer

I couldn't agree with CC more. I work for Lowe's, and you would not beleive the customers who blame us, the employee's personally, when their out of warranty appliances break down!

Many of these issues are sheer customer ignorance such as installing said appliance themselves, doing their own hook-ups, overloading the washer, dropping it off the truck when they take it themselves, stuff like that, then it's OUR FAULT when it quits working. That is why the manufacturer's do not accept these items back after a certain amount of time, therefore, the store cannot give a refund on them as they will not be reimbursed by the manufacturer. The best bet, which is what we do, when this happens, is try to work with the customer AND the manufacturer rep and try to resolve the issue for all of us. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease, as they say.

Sometimes, though, sadly, they do dig in their heels, and the customer is then forced to purchase another brand, as they feel betrayed by that particular model.

Funny, but then they are all for the $59 delivery charge, which includes professional set-up by our delivery team!! :)

This is not the fault of Lowe's. The manufacturer is responsible for the products they make.

And most manufacturers only warranty their products for 12 months.

This tells you that they only guarantee it will work for 1 year. Try calling the people who made the washer and dryer and see what they can do for you.

Loss

Lowes does not support their product.

I have a 26 gal. Kobalt air compressor that I need a drive belt for the compressor. I called the 1-888-77LOWES that was on the compressor. they told me they did not service parts so they gave me another number, they gave me another number and after 3 hrs. and several calls I finally got a woman at 1-888-895-4549 ext 351 that said they were the dealers now but the only way they could sell me the belt was to buy a motor assembly. The belt has two numbers on it - 1506 and 62-1289. Lowes still sells smaller and larger Kobalt compressors so I do not understand why they cannot get me something as common as a drive belt. I do not remember how much I paid for the compressor, probably around $200, and it is ashamed that I will have to junk it because you do not support your product. I will know next time to purchase major tools from Sears. They support their products. Jim Burks jimburks9@yahoo.com 501-413-4691

i had the same trouble try master tool repair or arkansas-ope.com you will have to look up kobalt sanborn part #007-0068 model#99007 sanborn is the want who make it

you can get it from master tools i had the same problem

My belt went and by dumb luck I for the fun of it took it to a local lawn and garden shop and bingo. $7.99 later and its up and running.

We also bought a Kobalt air compressor from Lowes. We needed a simple replacement part.

The pressure switch. No body carries it. The CS number in the book you call it 1-866-307-4104 Frank let me know how you make out!

After doing a lot of searching I found out some of the information that Angela supplied. You reported this in 2008 its 2011 now still having problems with Lowes Kobalt!

It's a freaking belt dude. Take the old belt to Napa or any auto parts store and say " I need a new belt"

5 mins later you have a new belt for less then $5.

Lowe's can't sell everything. If you would have looked in your service manual rather then calling lowes you would see that it says "call 1-888-895-4549 for parts or service" You can't blame Lowe's for you being an *** and spending 3 hours on the wrong number. You should be happy they even put up with you for 3 hours for something so dumb. Calling lowes for an air compressor belt is like calling sears for gas for your lawn mower. " What do you mean you don't sell gas for my crafsman lawn mower!? Its a craftsman !" :roll

I have a kobalt 80-gallon air compressor and it's a nice unit. I only needed to call service once and that was for a broken pressure switch housing. 24hrs later a service man showed up to replace it. Free of charge.

@Frank

Well Frank I agree somewhat with your comment. I am the manager at a NAPA and Small Engine shop.

The belt he is looking for is a very small thin belt that doesn't cross with NAPA or any of my small engine parts catalogs.

LOL. Good post though.

@Frank

Hate to tell you *** hole Napa doesn't sell 4 inch poly v belt that go on kobalt air compressors.. Why would they,,, It's an automotive parts distributor..

Lowe's has always sucked like that..

Now who's the dumb ***.. YOU ARE..!!

Your Kobalt is not a Kobalt but a Coleman Powermate privately labeled for Kobalt. Unfortunately if you purchase from sears you will get the same junk.

Sears has companies such as Coleman Powermate and DeVilbiss Air Power make their units also. I know it is irritating but the warranty for your compressor states that you have to take it to an authorized service center. Lowes is not authorized to service or sell parts for Coleman units they only sell them. Many service centers for Coleman cannot sell units only parts.

One alternative is to pack it up and take it back to Lowe's and get your money back. Your real problem should be with the manufacturer for their asinine warranty policy. Just to let you know Coleman Powermate went bankrupt. If you purchased before March 11, 2008 you no longer have a warranty due to the bankruptcy.

If purchased after you need to contact MAT Industries, LLC dba Sanborn Mfg. Truly sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Lowe's is not allowed to support the product, they're just make tons of money selling the junk line.

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

call the store you bought it from and ask for their General Manager. After you get him/her on the phone tell them that if they don't refund or replace this product that you will get in touch with their GO and report them that they are not trying to assist you nor will they honor their product.

Get the thing in your car and take it to Lowes and let them know you mean business! It costs them nothing to return a new product to you...

@wshort2@nc.rr.com

That is some funny sh*t.... You obviously have no clue.

View more comments (11)

Lowes in New Brunswick, New Jersey - Very rude, abusive delivery driver

1. Please educate your delivery personnel. Experienced a very bad attitude of the delivery guy. 2. When an agent does a home delivery ( from any company); he or she knocks on the door and makes sure of the items and for the correct address and the correct receiver. Plus after the delivery, he has to get a signature of the customer. No such thing happened. He dumped the stuff at the wrong address. The driver refused to bring it to my house. 3. Yes, mistakes do happen...everybody makes a mistake but...my construction worker and his son had to pick the heavy stuff with their own hands from the wrong address and put it into their own truck themselves. The driver not only refused to bring it to my house, but did not even help moving the stuff...And now there may be even some items missing, which have to be figured out... and would let the company know, if so. This is just so unprofessional and disrespectful. 4. I do have to say that your salesperson Yuri is a very respectful and a pleasant person.

They have the belt for $9.90.

Unfortunately anything made in China is basically source-less. They don't make parts available after the sale.

Review

Lowes in New Brunswick, New Jersey - Very rude, abusive, unprofessional, disrespecful delivery driver

1. Please educate your delivery personnel. Experienced a very bad attitude of the delivery guy. 2. When an agent does a home delivery ( from any company); he or she knocks on the door and makes sure of the items and for the correct address and the correct receiver. Plus after the delivery, he has to get a signature of the customer. No such thing happened. He dumped the stuff at the wrong address. The driver refused to bring it to my house. 3. Yes, mistakes do happen...everybody makes a mistake but...my construction worker and his son had to pick the heavy stuff with their own hands from the wrong address and put it into their own truck themselves. The driver not only refused to bring it to my house, but did not even help moving the stuff...And now there may be even some items missing, which have to be figured out... and would let the company know, if so. This is just so unprofessional and disrespectful. 4. I do have to say that your salesperson 5. Yuri is a very respectful and a pleasant person.

Lowes in Davenport, Iowa - No attendant available

there is a bad customer service in this local and only store in laredo we waited for 30 mnts and nobody even showed up to attendus the store close and everybody was so annoying and just ignored us i believe all are busy but then at the end they didnt even have the god dam window that i was looking for at least they could say ;sorry or somthing but no nothing that sucks *** speciall if the *** *** or manager was there i work with people and i dont act likethat so is somebody is goig to pay atention i would really apreciated some nice people to attende us