Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Cleveland, Ohio - Perfect Flame Junk Grill Less Than 2 Years Old

My complaint is simply this! I purchased a Perfect Flame Grill from the New Philadelphia Ohio Lowes store less than 2 years ago $499.00 The grill had a 1 year warranty on it and a 10 year warranty on the stainless steel burners. In order to register the grill for warranty coverage I was to fill out the registration information on the warranty card and send it along with my receipt of purchase to the manufacturer. I did this! The following spring of 2007 I found 2 of the burners were cracked and rusted and were not safe to use I called Perfect Flame warranty dept. They pulled up my warranty registration and promptly sent me 2 new burners @ no charge! This spring 2008 I opened up the grill to check everything out and to my surprise I found all 5 burners rusted and cracked and not safe to use. Along with the burners being not good I also found the burner flash arrestors rusted and in very bad condition, The metal rail at the back of the grill that the burners are secured with bolts to rusted, Broken and were not capable of securing the burners down anymore. I also found the large metal tray that catches the grease and debri from falling down into the main cabinet of the grill is rusted and had fallen apart causing a major safety issue with a grease fire. This grill is kept under roof and is not exposed to the weather elements! I also purchased an expensive grill cover from Lowes to keep the grill looking nice for a long time. I have to ask you this? Is this what I should expect for my hard earned $500.00 to look like after less than 2 years? Hence I called Perfect Flame to have new burners sent to me under the warranty. Somehow Perfect Flame lost my information and without a receipt from Lowes I was told they will not honor my warranty.My original receipt was sent to Perfect Flame upon purchase of the unit! So I traveled to the New Philadelphia Lowes 6-17-2008 and spoke with Gary the evening manager and I was told Ken the Store Manager would be there in the morning and he would let him know that the Lowes Store would need to replace the grill and he would have Ken call me first thing in the morning to make arraingments to get this taken care of since I have over 100 people coming this weekend for a graduation party. 10:00 AM on 6-18-2008 I still had not heard from Ken the store manager so I made another trip to Lowes in New Philadelphia to talk to him in person. When I arrived Ken told me he new nothing about any of the things I was talking about and he had not talked to Gary. The customer service girl that was standing there picked up one of the rusted/broken burners I had left at the Lowes store the night before for Ken to look at along with a note from Gary and the customer service girl from the previous evening. Gary read the note and asked one of the girls in the grill department to call Perfect flame and try to get this resolved. She called perfect flame and gave them the model and serial number of the grill and they confirmed that the grill was manufactured in March of 2006 and the burners were still under warranty however they were going to charge me $25.00 for shipping and handling for the burners that were supposed to be under warranty and they also told the girl from Lowes that without the receipt (that they already have or had) they would only do this one time and the burners even though they have a 10 year warranty would not be replaced again! Even if they ship me the burners and I pay the $25.00 and Lowes of New Philadelphia reimburses me for the freight cost next year or the year after when a burner goes bad I can not get them replaced under warranty. Not to mention the additional parts I need to repair this grill to make it safe for operation again I am being told will take 3-4 weeks to ship and so I am without a grill for at least that long! Ken the Store manager refuses to replace the grill because he stated it is not his fault or lowes fault and I am under the rules and guidlines of the manufacturer. Yet the evening manger Gary tells me they should replace it. So in short I am not happy with a $500.00 grill that did not last any longer than a $50.00 grill or the way I have been treated by Ken and Lowes of the New Philadelphia store. I called Lowes customer care and reported my problem over the phone and was told they would have someone call me back right away I still have not recieved a call so I called back and they tell me it could take up to 24 hours to recieve a call back this upsets me also! Maybe this is nothing to a large corperation like Lowes however to me it is a big deal when I spend that amount of money expecting to get a quality product that will last a long time instead of purchasing a less expensive product all the well knowing it will only last a couple of years. I have 3 companys I operate that have spent well over $50,000.00 in the last 12 months with the New Philadelphia Lowes and I have to be honest with you if this is the way I am going to be treated you will not see another dime of my money or my companies money. I also want to point out that my good local customers who keep me in business recieve great treatment from my managers and any and all issues/problems are resolved in a positive manner! If any of my managers insulted the intelligence of one of my customers as I have been insulted by yours they would no longer be a part of our company! I hope this gets to the right department!

I am experiencing the same problem with Lowes and Perfect Flame right now. All I want is a grill that does its job and is safe to be at my home.

I am contacting the US Consumer Product Safety Commission at www.cpsc.gov and I suggest that you do the same. The complaints about this grill is overwhelming and I'm sure that Lowes would not want to be in Subrogation with an insurance company if our house burnt down due to an unsafe grill.

Product
Lowes Warranty

Lowes, windows department

on sunday june I went to lowes in rock hill, sc, and waited 30 before anyone waited on me, so I may order some windows. well when I went to the cashier, in lawn and garden center to pay for them, when she tried to pull up my project, my name came up and that was all, she said someone had not put anything in the computer. after 15 minutes of waiting to pay, and her calling back to the windows department, I left and went to home depot. was very disappointed. it was a $700.00 sale, but no more will I shop lowes.

:grin They are wonderful..Very satisfied and good customer service..

Review

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Did not get the service that I needed on a hot water heater

Back in march of 2004 I purchased a whirlpool hot water heater from you and in march of 2006 that hot water heater started leaking and the thermal couple had to be replace so I got a new hot water heater at no charge replace by your store but the installer insisted that I needed a valve installed which aia had to pay over $200 for.In june 5th 2008 thethermal couple went out on this hot water heater, I started calling the store the evening of the 5th going through several people during the day of the 6th getting no help finally late evening of the 6th I was told by the assistant manager a machanic would be out on the 7th which they got there about 10:00 am look at the heater and told me they could not work on the heater because of the manufactur's had their own mechanics to work on the heaters and left. I call the manufactur right away explain the situation the told me they didn't have techs. to work on the heater but they could reconmend someone but they would have no control over them meanwhile they would send me a thermal couple kit but it would be up to me to find someone to installed it. The bottom line is I got the kit june 10th 2008 found some to install it june 14th for $219 and I am not happy. In 4 years I have spent out the cost of a new hot water heater. I will never purchase another hot water heater heater again from your store again.

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

I'm sorry you think that Lowes manufactured the water heater, that Lowes knowingly put in bad parts, that Lowes then sold it to you to make your life miserable, but they did not. You got hold of a bad water heater that only Whirlpool can rectify.

Yes, we can work with you along with the manufacturer, in this case American Water heater, who manufactures these units for Whirlpool, but to blame Lowes, or any other retailer, be it Home Depot, Menards, or anyone else is ridiculous! That is akin to saying that because your child failed a grade in school, you are pulling him out and never sending him there again! Again, you need to direct your displeasure @ Whirlpool through their customer service reps, and yes, Lowes will work with you on that if given the chance, but ultimately, it is in Whirlpool's hands.

We face the same stumbling blocks you do, when we call those same manufacturer 800 customer numbers, none of us @ ANY retailer have a "magic" number to call that all of you customers seem to think we have when these issues arise. We have the SAME numbers to call that you do, and I know i speak for the vast majority of my fellow sales associates when I say we do try to make things right even when you think we don't, that's why I'm now on this site.

Loss

Lowes in Fair Lawn, New Jersey - Bad Salesman-Unable To Answer Questions

Lowes, Hillsborough NJ loc. 6/15/2008 We went into the Hillsborough NJ Lowes to buy a John Deere tractor. Their salesman was the worst that we ever encountered. He couldn't, or wouldn't, answer our questions. I asked him the same question 3 times. Instead of answering my question, he rambled on about their warranty (when I was asking what a repair service charge would be w/o a warranty.) These tractors cost $2,000 and forget about getting your questions answered. Another customer asked our salesman whether he could buy a new tractor instead of one off the floor. Unfortunately, our salesman couldn't answer that question either. We all left without purchasing anything.

Deal on a John Deere lawn tractor at a John Deere dealer. The price is the same.

The salesmen know the products and the equipment capabilities. After the sale treatment WAAAAAYYYY BETTER!!

You have to deal with a dealer for warranty anyway. Parts at the dealer are less money normally too.

:cry

Review

Lowes in Normal, Illinois - They sold the chairs I ordered!

Lowe's did not have 2 chaise lounge chairs in stock that matched the patio set I had just purchased on 5-31-08. They said they would be in on 6-13-08 and would call when I could pick them up. No call...so I went to the store on 6-15-08 to see if they were in. They had come in and sold them without calling me to tell me they were in!! I have a family reunion that I was needing them for on 6-21-08! Then they called to say they credited my credit card so I no longer have the merchandise to pick up! I was planning to purchase plants at Lowe's...but not now.

so why did you wait til a few weeks before the reunion to purchase the chairs?

OMG. Imagine the horrible inconvenience you have suffered.

If this is the trivial run of the mill suburban whining this site is about, I feel no need to go further.

Review

Lowes in Dunlap, Tennessee - Do not stock replacement parts.i bought a celling if a part breaks you can't get a part to fix it .

I bought a celling fan with a light , The globe got broken . went back to lowe's to get another globe but they don't keep parts. Said i had to buy the whole kit That is a rip off The next time i buy from them i will ask if they keep parts for it IF NOT I WONT BUY IT FROM THEM We found out there are a lot of things that they don't keep parts for riding lawn mowers after 5 yrs if you buy anything from Lowe's and you know you may need parts ask if they keep parts .

I ordered a remote control for my ceiling fan that I purchased at Lowes. I used the 800 number that was given with the original brochure. I ordered the part May 31st here it is June 17th and I have not received the part yet.

Lowes Replacement

Lowes in Atlanta, Georgia - Class Action Suit against Lowe's

We have been suing Lowe's for the past 3 years only to hear at Mediation that they were ready to offer us $5,000 to settle our case out of court when my husband and I spend over $100,000 on my house remodeling and b/c of all the issues from Lowe's we had experience from *** and could not recover any money from them and lost money on the house during sale. We are gearing up for a class action Law Suite and are looking for lead plaintiffs. We already have a law firm lined up and happy to take us on. Please, send me an email to anna_vladi@hotmail.com if you are as pissed as I am and want Lowe's to pay for their fraudulent representation of professional service and robbing consumers all over the nation!!!

Here is a prime example of someone working the system. they get someone to perform a service it doesn't meet God's expectation of perfection and they sue.

For losing money on the home sale blame that on the real estate agents and property appraisers for inflating property prices and then the big pow. price drops all over the country.

Good Luck sounds like your just trying to recoup your lost from an where you can. Oh and you are more then likely house flippers and you payed to much for the house and figured you were going to make a killing on the house and you just had poor judgement.

Lowes in Reston, Virginia - Sold me the wrong product for the job described

In late march of 08 I went to Lowe's Paint dept at their Brunswick, Maine store. (Iam told this store was the #1 Lowe's store, in the nation and the Manager the #1 Manager in the nation.) To purchase a product to clean 5 cedar decks, attached to my home. I asked specificly for a product to clean CEDAR wood. The paint salesperson told us that OLYMPIC DECK CLEANER was the best they had to offer for my application and offered no other product. I purchased a large amount of the Olympic Deck Cleaner, read the directions several times, adhering to the directions, I proceeded to apply the product to the decks. The Olympic Deck Cleaner, appeared to be doing the required job but then a goo started to form on the surfaces of the decks as I rinsed them, according to the product directions. The more I rinsed the more the goo came. The end result was that when the decks dried I found they were covered with a gray coating, about 2 mils thick along with a blanket of wood fibers, adhered all over the deck. PPG, makes the Olympic Products. Lowes, has been assisting me in getting resoloution from PPG's tech. dept. However PPG refuses to accept any responsibility. They tell me I should not have used the product on cedar. NOW, here is the kicker. The Olmpic Deck Cleaner has no infomation what-so-ever on their product's container warning a consumer not to use it on Cedar! The tell me they have a Deck Brightner, that is made for Cedar & Redwood and I should have used that product. I was not told about the deck brightner and find that the Lowes store I went to does not even stock it! PPG tells me to sand the decks down to clear wood and finish. A very expensive, labor intensive job that might not be totally effective. I have an estimated $5,600.00 in damage or possibly much more! NO ONE CARES TO STEP UP TO RIGHT THE WRONG!!!

You should have read the part that sayd try on a small area first. Would have saved you a lot of money and time.

PPG is not responsible for your mistake. Lowes if any are due to them selling u the wrong product if you did tell them it was cedar.

You should have Lowe's repay you for the hassle. They are the ones who reccomended the product so they are responsible.

It does not cost that much to resand your deck and restain your deck. This is what we do for a living. Sometimes you need to research several options and products before you try and do the work yourself.

Good luck! :)

Lowes Manager

Racial Profiling at lowes in Pottstown

After I paid for my items on line, the cashier went into my cart and took out my 2 yr old son's jacket shooked it infront of other clients and over checked my cart in a accusatory way. I complained to the manager she laughed. I sent a letter requesting reimbursement of my money for that month (I had items installed and I can't take them back and take my business elsewhere). I was the only black person on the line and they didn't check the white clients carts like she did me. There response: No no refund, she was wrong and counsil about it, yes I was the only black person, yes she didn't treat them the same as me BUT, I was the only one with a jacket laying on the cart......Oh it was my 2 yr old jacket- what could I hide a pencil???? Is this country ready for change?

I can see why you felt that you were profiled, and felt insulted. But you took it too far by "requesting that your money be reimbursed".

Learning how to spell might help you :roll

Look im black!blacker than evr. but i never get accused of stuuf. dis lady is trippin.

#342042

What could you hide in a 2 year olds jacket???? most of the items in hardware, tools, flooring items, pkg.

of curtains, plumbing pieces, need I go on...and please you seem like the kind of person who cries "race" no matter where you shop. The answer, don't shop there anymore. I worked for Lowes from the time the physical set up of the store was going on until a few years later and there were plenty of whites that I suspicious of.

Did it ever occur to you that security was watching you and you did something suspicious, or maybe the person that you said did all these things has a racial problem??? You can't blame the store for one person my friend.

Please stop being so politically correct.

Which "ethnic groups" commit the majority of the crimes in the US?

I hate to believe there's racial profiling in Pottstown, but I know there is ANYWHERE a particular ethic group has garnered a reputation for fraud. Anyone in retail in Pottstown has experienced dirty tricks that, as Retail4Life says, are "skewed toward" a particular ethnic group.

Don't blame Loew's.

Blame dishonest people, and, if you happen to know any, educate them to the harm they are causing you.

By the way, "what does "counsil about it" mean?

It happened with me at Fort Collins, CO store. After, paying at a different counter, I was stopped by an associate who checked my receipt and bag..Ridiculous behavior. You are right, retailer4life, they seem to profile

*** lowes! nothing but a bunch of racial *** ***! white or black or your ***!

I am so sorry that you were "profiled" in the store, but having worked in retail for various big-name stores over the past 30 years, there is, unfortunately, a reason certain ethnicities are profiled ( i.e. "watched closely") when they are in the store.

I truly wish it were not so, but, sadly, it is, as this was not the way I, nor anyone in my family was brought up. I wish I had a dollar for every time someomeone of a particular ethnic background tried to pull a "fast one" on myself or my associates either through blatant theft, bogus refunds, or attempting to get a refund on something we do not even sell. And of course, they get quite loud when they get "outed" at the service desk. And yes, before you get on your high horse, I have also caught my fair share of white folks doing the same thing , But over the 30 years, I, along with anyone who has been in retail for any length of time can attest to, the numbers are definitely skewed toward a certain group who do this type of thing.

So yes, certain folks will be scrutinzed more closely either overtly or covertly when they are in our store ( or your store) . Just the facts, ma'am, these are just the facts.

View more comments (8)
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Hancock, New York - I can not get any help

I purchased a washer and dryer in 12/06. I did not purchase the extended warrienty. It is now broke. I called the service center and the only number of the company that service's them can not get to me for 6 weeks. I called my local lowe's store vestal ny and I was informed that I had no other options. This is crazy. I did not think my washer would break in that little time. I paid a lot of money for this washer. If this is the kind of service that I am getting from purchasing appliances for your company I will not be doing it again. Thanks Sarah Geer

I couldn't agree with CC more. I work for Lowe's, and you would not beleive the customers who blame us, the employee's personally, when their out of warranty appliances break down!

Many of these issues are sheer customer ignorance such as installing said appliance themselves, doing their own hook-ups, overloading the washer, dropping it off the truck when they take it themselves, stuff like that, then it's OUR FAULT when it quits working. That is why the manufacturer's do not accept these items back after a certain amount of time, therefore, the store cannot give a refund on them as they will not be reimbursed by the manufacturer. The best bet, which is what we do, when this happens, is try to work with the customer AND the manufacturer rep and try to resolve the issue for all of us. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease, as they say.

Sometimes, though, sadly, they do dig in their heels, and the customer is then forced to purchase another brand, as they feel betrayed by that particular model.

Funny, but then they are all for the $59 delivery charge, which includes professional set-up by our delivery team!! :)

This is not the fault of Lowe's. The manufacturer is responsible for the products they make.

And most manufacturers only warranty their products for 12 months.

This tells you that they only guarantee it will work for 1 year. Try calling the people who made the washer and dryer and see what they can do for you.

Loss