Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes ***

I have followed my husband into lowes in arnold,mo and watched the lowes manager (female) hang on him and others. Her tag said Donna (I think), but she was all over my husband and everyone else in the area. Its been a while since Ive seen her, but she was giving more than good service! She needs to leave my husband alone and do whatever it is lowes pays her for. She looked like she was pregnant the last time. Probally with one of the guys she was hanging on at the lumber area. Maybe managers at Lowes should not allow her to do what she is doing.

Maybe you should be taking this up with your husband instead of this Lowes manager, she's not the one that made a commitment to you.

I'll bet he liked it too, because you are always nagging him about something. Nag nag nag.

View more comments (1)

Lowes extended warrenty

Purchased as whirpool freezer at lowes with an extended warrenty. The freezer broke three times in 7 months.Lowes extended warrenty covers food loss of 250.00 per episode ,It took me 6 months to get my money and a whole lotta phone calls(13). I had to return the freezer(lemon) and I had to fight to get my extended warrenty purchased. Thank God that I am one of those people who saves all her reciepts!!! Thats how I got my money back. Beware of whirlpool freezer's there're lemons!!!I lose about 1500.00 worth of food

I am going through this same thing right now. My refrigerator went out, and after 3 weeks of trying to get them to repair it, they finally gave up and paid me the purchase price, but I am still trying to get the food loss issue taken care of.

I would never ever, ever, ever recommend Lowes, their warranty program, or a Samsung refrigerator to anyone as long as I live. It is a night mare, they are complete idiots, and this is taking way too long to get taken care of.

I am not surprised that someone else (you and others) are having this same issue.

22196 fr elec rng lgef3033kb (296229)

Keeping your receipt really does pay off.. as it says please obtain a copy of your receipt for future needs

Lowes commited fraud

In July of 2007 we purchased an 1100.00 refridgerator and a large gas grill. We received 10% off and 12 months no financing with the Lowes card. We set our payments up so we would pay it off in 10 months (so they wouldn't tack on the interest at the end) and now after 6 months they are charging a finance charge. We called customer no service and the guy answering the phone claims there was no 12 month no interest, only 6 months. And unfortunately we didn't keep a copy of the offer. Always keep a copy.

Actually I think you were confused by the LCC offer. Lowes never gives both 12 months and 10 percent off.

It is one or the other.

My guess is you chose one expecting both.

Anyways call the Store Manager like everyone said. He will make it right.

Lowe's offers to such promotions with no payments.

If you open a Lowe's consumer credit card (LCC) you may be offered 12 onths no payments no interest. If however you opened a Lowe's project card (LPC) then the offer is for 6 months no payments. Read the fine print, make sure you know what account it was charged on and go to customer service when you get there ask for the SALES manager.

LOWES IN MARYLAND OFFERS 12 MONTHS, WITH NO INTEREST AND NO PAYMENTS FREQUENTLY. YOU HAVE TO READ THE DATES AS SOMETIMES IT IS ONLY FOR 4 DAYS, SOMETIMES 2 WEEKS, BUT THE OFFER IS THERE.

Lowe's didn't commit any fraud. They scanned the wrong barcode...just go and seek the store manager and they will make it right. They always take care of the customer.

All I have ever seen at lowes in 6 month interest free.

as long as you made your purchase on a lowes credit card not a lowes visa you can talk to the customer service department manager or the admin zone manager. they have the authority to call credit card company and have them change that 6 month promo to a 12 month promo.

the credit card company will take care of appling all finance charges to balance owed. if you used a lowes visa or a project card, there really is nothing the store can do

View more comments (5)

Lowes in Syracuse, New York - Phoneperson rude on exchanging broken patio stove

In June of 2007 we bought an outdoor pottery stove which is model #10400 item#236288. In the fall when we picked it up to store for the winter the stove shattered into pieces (which we have) Used six times. We thought it would be polite to wait until after the holidays to check on it.January, our salesman, Mark said to contact Garden Treasures but the lady was so rude we got no help. Can we return this to the Lowes store for an exchange? We were so pleased to have Lowes move here but need better return service.

The pacstove is superior in quality to all the fire pits, and contraptions i saw at lowes. Mostly thin metal junk from overseas. I bought one and have had it for a long time now.

Hello, sorry you had such a problem with that stove. Its a fact that 98% of what you find in most major retailers these days is cheap chinese garbage.

I call it land fill. Thats where most of it ends up only after a very short visit at your house. Anyway, i thought i might turn you on to a nice little stove made right here in america. Its called the PAC stove.

They are built tough, and they do not practice engineered obsolescence. That means, company's that do, make it just strong enough to last a few uses, then something breaks and you have to buy a whole new one.

Here is their web site. www.pacstove.com I've had one for quite a while, and i dont think this thing will visit the land fill for a looon time.

As with EVERY retailer out there...Lowe's sells products that OTHER companies make.

They give you a time frame to return a product. After that you have to contact the manufacturer.

Outdoor fireplaces (which is what I think you actually have...not a stove...Garden Treasures does not make stoves) have a tendency to shatter if the heat from the fire gets too high. This means that you probably had too much wood inside of it burning at one time, and the temperature surpassed the limit for the metal.

This is common among *** consumers who DO NOT READ THE BOX OR INSTRUCTIONS OF THE PRODUCTS THEY BUY!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

@Hates *** people

First, I would like to thank you for pointing out that yes, we sell products from other companies. As such, we have a return policy. I have often been on the receiving ends of complaints such as "Your *** product ____" and you can fill in the variety of blaming terms.

One, the outdoor fireplace is a seasonal item. Therefore, waiting until January unfortunately does not help. Even if we had one, you are a bit beyond the return policy, and two, even if we did return it, we would not have one to give to you. It is 50/50, but normally you will be directed to the manufacturer because anything outside of our return policy falls into their lap! However, with it shattering (and you still having the pieces... You would be amazed how many people just bring us a receipt and expect us to give them their money back!! Like dead plants, for instance..), you might have a better chance. I would suggest asking the GT rep for a possible return merchandise authorization number (RMA) to give to Lowe's to assist you in returning it. If they give a number that we can use for credit, you have better luck. (Remember, return policy is only good for 90 days max, sometimes only 30)

I am sure no one cares how it affects us as a store - everyone has a mentality that they are right and should be 100% appeased. However, when we make exceptions, that often means we lose out on money as well. Some manufacturer's will not even give us a refund for the money we refunded back to you unless we have an RMA #.

Stuff breaks. Life happens. I have never personally returned an item to a store after I had used it multiple times, and then have it break on me. I just make a note not to buy the same thing next time!

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowes would'nt give me a credit card for LACK of credit.

I have to take care of my mom. My dad passed a few years back. This loan was to be put in her name, which i have total legal means to do this.[Power of attorney and such]. Anyway my moms home needs major work done on it, since my dad died, mom has had no credit history, simply because about all the credit they had was in my fathers name. Which all creditors have been since payed in full. In other words no bad credit history. But still this woman must go on. And when i approached lowes, the answer was absolutley not, no way. Please tell me, if you can ,if companys like lowes will not start a new credit line for persons like my mother, how can they continue to survive. I am very disappointed in lowes decision. I 'm going to try to re-apply again and i hope they will reconsider. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME. W. SCALF.

Lowe's credit cards are approved through GE credit. If your mother was turned down, it is probably (as you say) because she has no credit or bad credit.

That is not Lowe's fault. I am sorry that you and your mother are in a difficult financial situation, but you can't expect credit to be extended to a "risky" customer.

Also, if you were applying for a credit card in her name, did you have proof of power or attorney? They won't allow you to apply for a credit card in another person's name without legal proof.

Take Lowe's out of this equation. You go to a store that does not have their own credit card.

What do you? You use your own credit card.

You can't get one because of no credit? So how is that the store's fault?

I'm having problems with Lowe's myself, but this just goes to show that we are raising a generation of whiners.

It is not Lowes fault you dumb ***... The Lowes card is run by GE money! So it is GE that does not like you not Lowes!

So you have bad credit, that's lowes fault how?

Stores/Banks/CC companies are under NO obligation to extend credit to you, *** Lowe's doesn't even have to sell stuff to you if they don't want to.

G.E. Money turned you down, Lowes is just a middle man this isnt a lowes issue

Actually Lowes like Walmart have in store credit lines so it is possible that Lowes and not a bank did turn her down .

Hello? Is anyone there?

Lowes is not a bank. Lowes did not turn you down. The bank that handles credit cards has turned you down. Homebuilder stores like Home Cheapot and Menards sell products.

They are not banks that issue credit cards. I am not a fan of Lowes by any means, but you are in the wrong here when you blame it on Lowes.

View more comments (6)

Lowes in Greenbush, Maine - Lowe's sold me used products as new

Went to Lowes' to buy a kitchen faucet. Got home and found all the components out of the plastic packaging. There was even water in one of the flexible plastic tubes. One open plastic bag had a light blood smear on it. Took it back for exchange and one of the managers suggested that, to paraphrase: "The factory tests their tubes by running water through them". Lol. Think of the public health hazardous of leaving standing water in a tube used for drinking water, not to mention what it would do to packaging integrity. And does the factory also unpack all the components from the plastic bags and throw them back strewn all over the box? Bad policy of selling used goods as new while providing idiotic and equivocating rationale to justify such bad policy -- brought to you by the Lowe's in Auburn, Maine. Plumbing reps were good, though - they got me the right replacement washers.

Lowes in Reston, Virginia - Poor Service on Tool Return

I purchased a Black and Decker Router last Sept. for a project at home. The project was cancelled and I didn't open the router box until February of '08, when I noticed that the box had been opened before I purchased it (from Lowe's). The collet on the router would not open sufficiently to take a bit. I took it to the Lowe's store where I bought it and they were able to knock the collet out and replace it with one they took from a new item on the shelf. I took the router home, assembled it, plugged it in and turned it on. The bit did not turn and the motor just hummed. I took it back and they would not simply replace it, I had to take it to a dealer or distributor who would replace it. That required me to take time off from work because the replacement station was only open from 9 to 5 and it was an 80 mile round trip from my house. This is the second time I have purchesed an item (first was a water heater) from Lowe's, only to get it home and find out it had been previously opened and was damaged. I will not purchase another tool or appliance from Lowe's - they are impossible to work with. Home Depot is far more customer friendly.

Put yourself in their place, you sell someone something, 6 months later they come back and say that they just now noticed the box was open and that they really, really swear they didn't open it in all that time and use it, not even once - and its broken. What would you do?

You waited 6 months? Lowes is under no obligation to help you, that's what a warranty is for...

Well, if people didn't constantly try to get one over on retailers by returning products that they use...this wouldn't have happened to you.

BLAME politically correct America...cause that is who is really at fault.

Lowes in Los Angeles, California - Lowe's Checkout Cashiers

Their cashiers have got to be the most surly, morose, sad, sorry individuals I have dealt with in the entire cities of Riverside and Corona, Ca. Worse than the DMV or the IRS, if you can imagine . I only notice it there and no where else. Most businesses value their customers and train their employees in common courtesy, but not at this store. I would really be surprised if no one else notices and says nothing. I have dealt with the public before and know what it entails. Nice customers were a real joy, I sure didn't treat them like bums. If a Home Depot were closer, I would driver all the way around the block so I don't even have to look at the place. Thanks for letting me vent. Jim.

Haha, oh yes, Lowe's cashiers are extremely surly.

Thats why my 5'3, 125 lb. self is a customer loading queen.

Get a life. It's people like you that make me hate going to work.

Here I fixed your complaint for you:

Lowe's CUSTOMERS have got to be the most surly, morose, sad, sorry individuals I have dealt with in the...

Their cashiers are surly?

Wow...is this near Venice Beach? Do the children of Hulk Hogan work here? I'm not sure if you know the meaning of the words you've used here.

Cashiers are a hard breed to hire. They usually get paid low wages, and have to deal with JERKS all day. You are probably one of the jerks that come in there day in and day out giving them ***, and when they see you their moods go in rapid decline mode.

I'm sure you are also one of the people that claim to spend 5 million dollars every year and try to get everything for 75% off too.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Cry some more...

Loss

Lowes in Fayetteville, Arkansas - Lowe's damaged my house and fired my husband because of it!!!

When Lowe's delivered sheetrock to my house one of the delivery drivers wrote on my concrete floor that was to be stained, with permenant marker! The marks were in 3 rooms and the largest area written on measured 5 inches tall by 18 inches long! We tried every chemical and nothing removed it and the stain wouldn't cover it. During another delivery of trim the same delivery driver put 2 holes in my walls. Here is the wrost part my husband was the store manager at this store and he consulted his boss who suggested that my husband file an insurance claim through Lowe's to cover the extra cost that Lowe's had caused. Well, Lowe's covered the cost of the damages but my husband was fired in retaliation over filing the claim. Oh and the person who not only damaged my house once by TWICE still has a job.
nicole4life_2001

wow trevor, that was uncalled for. No i totally believe it bc i worked there for 2 years and saw some shady *** happen, always had to watch my back. He shouldve just fixed it himself....good luck :)

Perhaps we are not hearing the whole story here of why the husband was fired? Also what kind of "man" is he if he can't write his own letter and needs his wife to do it. He probably only got married because his mother refused to do his work for him and told him to grow up.

You may want to contact a lawyer because this may be a "wrongful termination", especially if it was your husbands boss who suggested he file the claim in the first place! If that person had done that kind of damage to anyone elses house, you can bet your booty those people would be filing a lawsuit AND that person would probably been fired or at least severely disciplined for his actions.

Review

Lowes in Monroe, North Carolina - Tried to give me a floor model.

I purchased a new washer & dryer at Lowes in Monroe, NC. I was going to have them delivered. When she told me cannot deliver until Tuesday, I decided to pick them up. (They guarantee next day delivery.) Went back to get. Took more than 20 mintues to bring to front of store. Then they tried to give me the floor model. It was broken. Then they said they would go to another store and get me the washer & deliver & set it up. Well 4 hours later, I am still waiting. Customer service sucks at Lowes. I will be going to Home Depot from now on.

You can't make customers like you happy. Just to let you know when you throw a fit and scream and ***, we are all watching the tapes laughing at you in the back... Go to home depot you piece of trash...

?!?!?!?! is completely wring.

If a Lowes employee is in the middle of doing something for a customer, they should tell the next customer "I will be with you in a moment" or have then use one of the phones or buzzers to get help.... The first customer is the one who should get served first.

Just common sense. Good training would show Lowes employees how to fend off interruptions in a way that keeps everyone happy.

I currently work at lowes and i understand that you as a customer you do not see the behind the scences and do not understand what our in stock shelves look like in the back. More than likely the associate helping you with your products was walking to the back to retreive your order and in the process was stopped by another customer and he continued to assist them as you would expect him to do for you.

once he finally got free to head to the back he probably had to find a forklift and pull the product off the shelf and then he would have had to find a dolly and wheel it to the front which he could have also been stopped by a customer. im sorry that you were being impatient that day and that associate was doing his job by providing customer service, it just so happened that you were selfish and that service was not directed soley towards you.

next time you come to the store please head to the customer service desk and tell them your name and we will ensure we have some cheese to go with your wine. have a nice *** day!