Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes does not support their product.

I have a 26 gal. Kobalt air compressor that I need a drive belt for the compressor. I called the 1-888-77LOWES that was on the compressor. they told me they did not service parts so they gave me another number, they gave me another number and after 3 hrs. and several calls I finally got a woman at 1-888-895-4549 ext 351 that said they were the dealers now but the only way they could sell me the belt was to buy a motor assembly. The belt has two numbers on it - 1506 and 62-1289. Lowes still sells smaller and larger Kobalt compressors so I do not understand why they cannot get me something as common as a drive belt. I do not remember how much I paid for the compressor, probably around $200, and it is ashamed that I will have to junk it because you do not support your product. I will know next time to purchase major tools from Sears. They support their products. Jim Burks jimburks9@yahoo.com 501-413-4691

i had the same trouble try master tool repair or arkansas-ope.com you will have to look up kobalt sanborn part #007-0068 model#99007 sanborn is the want who make it

you can get it from master tools i had the same problem

My belt went and by dumb luck I for the fun of it took it to a local lawn and garden shop and bingo. $7.99 later and its up and running.

We also bought a Kobalt air compressor from Lowes. We needed a simple replacement part.

The pressure switch. No body carries it. The CS number in the book you call it 1-866-307-4104 Frank let me know how you make out!

After doing a lot of searching I found out some of the information that Angela supplied. You reported this in 2008 its 2011 now still having problems with Lowes Kobalt!

It's a freaking belt dude. Take the old belt to Napa or any auto parts store and say " I need a new belt"

5 mins later you have a new belt for less then $5.

Lowe's can't sell everything. If you would have looked in your service manual rather then calling lowes you would see that it says "call 1-888-895-4549 for parts or service" You can't blame Lowe's for you being an *** and spending 3 hours on the wrong number. You should be happy they even put up with you for 3 hours for something so dumb. Calling lowes for an air compressor belt is like calling sears for gas for your lawn mower. " What do you mean you don't sell gas for my crafsman lawn mower!? Its a craftsman !" :roll

I have a kobalt 80-gallon air compressor and it's a nice unit. I only needed to call service once and that was for a broken pressure switch housing. 24hrs later a service man showed up to replace it. Free of charge.

@Frank

Well Frank I agree somewhat with your comment. I am the manager at a NAPA and Small Engine shop.

The belt he is looking for is a very small thin belt that doesn't cross with NAPA or any of my small engine parts catalogs.

LOL. Good post though.

@Frank

Hate to tell you *** hole Napa doesn't sell 4 inch poly v belt that go on kobalt air compressors.. Why would they,,, It's an automotive parts distributor..

Lowe's has always sucked like that..

Now who's the dumb ***.. YOU ARE..!!

Your Kobalt is not a Kobalt but a Coleman Powermate privately labeled for Kobalt. Unfortunately if you purchase from sears you will get the same junk.

Sears has companies such as Coleman Powermate and DeVilbiss Air Power make their units also. I know it is irritating but the warranty for your compressor states that you have to take it to an authorized service center. Lowes is not authorized to service or sell parts for Coleman units they only sell them. Many service centers for Coleman cannot sell units only parts.

One alternative is to pack it up and take it back to Lowe's and get your money back. Your real problem should be with the manufacturer for their asinine warranty policy. Just to let you know Coleman Powermate went bankrupt. If you purchased before March 11, 2008 you no longer have a warranty due to the bankruptcy.

If purchased after you need to contact MAT Industries, LLC dba Sanborn Mfg. Truly sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Lowe's is not allowed to support the product, they're just make tons of money selling the junk line.

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

call the store you bought it from and ask for their General Manager. After you get him/her on the phone tell them that if they don't refund or replace this product that you will get in touch with their GO and report them that they are not trying to assist you nor will they honor their product.

Get the thing in your car and take it to Lowes and let them know you mean business! It costs them nothing to return a new product to you...

@wshort2@nc.rr.com

That is some funny sh*t.... You obviously have no clue.

View more comments (11)

Lowes in New Brunswick, New Jersey - Very rude, abusive delivery driver

1. Please educate your delivery personnel. Experienced a very bad attitude of the delivery guy. 2. When an agent does a home delivery ( from any company); he or she knocks on the door and makes sure of the items and for the correct address and the correct receiver. Plus after the delivery, he has to get a signature of the customer. No such thing happened. He dumped the stuff at the wrong address. The driver refused to bring it to my house. 3. Yes, mistakes do happen...everybody makes a mistake but...my construction worker and his son had to pick the heavy stuff with their own hands from the wrong address and put it into their own truck themselves. The driver not only refused to bring it to my house, but did not even help moving the stuff...And now there may be even some items missing, which have to be figured out... and would let the company know, if so. This is just so unprofessional and disrespectful. 4. I do have to say that your salesperson Yuri is a very respectful and a pleasant person.

They have the belt for $9.90.

Unfortunately anything made in China is basically source-less. They don't make parts available after the sale.

View more comments (1)
Review

Lowes in New Brunswick, New Jersey - Very rude, abusive, unprofessional, disrespecful delivery driver

1. Please educate your delivery personnel. Experienced a very bad attitude of the delivery guy. 2. When an agent does a home delivery ( from any company); he or she knocks on the door and makes sure of the items and for the correct address and the correct receiver. Plus after the delivery, he has to get a signature of the customer. No such thing happened. He dumped the stuff at the wrong address. The driver refused to bring it to my house. 3. Yes, mistakes do happen...everybody makes a mistake but...my construction worker and his son had to pick the heavy stuff with their own hands from the wrong address and put it into their own truck themselves. The driver not only refused to bring it to my house, but did not even help moving the stuff...And now there may be even some items missing, which have to be figured out... and would let the company know, if so. This is just so unprofessional and disrespectful. 4. I do have to say that your salesperson 5. Yuri is a very respectful and a pleasant person.

Lowes in Davenport, Iowa - No attendant available

there is a bad customer service in this local and only store in laredo we waited for 30 mnts and nobody even showed up to attendus the store close and everybody was so annoying and just ignored us i believe all are busy but then at the end they didnt even have the god dam window that i was looking for at least they could say ;sorry or somthing but no nothing that sucks *** speciall if the *** *** or manager was there i work with people and i dont act likethat so is somebody is goig to pay atention i would really apreciated some nice people to attende us
Review
Lowes said that they cut tile for customers I bought some quarter round trim to go between my wall and countertop and only needed 4 peices cut into mitered corners. this is a very small job. After i purchased it they told me their saw was broken and sent me to another...

If you refer to the 5th grade as "my senior year" you might be a redneck!

View more comments

Lowes in Palm Bay, Florida - Lowe's Home Improvement Stores-Trapped Birds

Lowe's Home Improvement Stores have a policy, which they claim is in place to prevent birds from entering the store through the Garden Department. As you walk from the outside of the store and enter through the Garden Department, you will see that they have installed netting above the door into the store. This netting allows birds to get into the netting, but they cannot find their way out and they end up dying of starvation and lack of water. I was at the Lowe's Store in Rockledge, Florida about four weeks ago and saw 5 bird carcasses, as well as several birds trapped. One of the trapped birds was a sparrow fledgling, which was nearly dead. I asked the store manager, as well as several store employees to help me remove the bird so I could take him to a wildlife care center. From 7:00 pm until 10:30 pm, I refused to leave the store until they finally found someone who wook a forklift up and got the bird. Since that time, I have made numerous attempts to have this issue addressed by the store manager and have contacted district managers and others who state that this is their policy and they will not do anything to fix the problem. I have checked with several other retailers with similar Garden Department setups (Walmart, Home Depot, etc.). None of these retailers have the netting nor do they feel it makes any difference in keeping the birds from entering the store. Also, several Lowe's employees told me they see birds in the store all the time. Please visit your local Lowe's store and take note of this issue. Please see the store manager and make your concerns known. Let other know of this cruel treatment. This is the only way to make a change.
PeskyBumbleBee238

Some Lowe’s in Indiana and Kentucky hire a company to kill the birds with air rifles. Not just invasive birds, but doves and geese as well.

I have seen fresh dove carcasses myself. They are left there to rot.

There are many nests in our store, and because the mess below can have bird mites, and these are almost impossible to get rid of once they infest your body and house. The birds are pests! Google how to get rid of bird mites and you will find no real solutions, only horror stories of tormented people.

I was there and they were using a backpack blower to clean the back aisles. When dried bird *** are blown around and become airborne spores can cause humans to get very ill.

Shouldn't they be doing this when customers are not present. Don't they want to supply there employees with Proper Proctective Equipment. (PPE) If I were to get sick I would sue Lowe's. After seeing all the bird *** on the products I decided to shop somewhere else.

I didn't want that *** on my clothes. Especially when I was shopping on my lunch break. Maybe OSHA should be called? Lowe's should hire a professional company to clean up the hazardous waste that is all over the soil and mulch.

Instead they tell there employees to do it without informing them of all the health risks.

Saving money vs.caring about their employees. Wow that's a serious topic.

#491951

Our Lowe's has netting outside in the rafters of the garden department (rear area where fencing is). They say it's to keep the birds from pooping on customers and merchandise but the area is still covered with ***.

That's because birds can get into the netting but can't get out. They starve there and the netting is filled with chirping birds of all varieties trying to escape as well as the carcases of the birds that starved to death there. No one at Lowe's cared to hear from me about it and the local DEC wouldn't take up the issue.

Why put up netting if it doesn't do what you want (keeping customers & merchandise safe)and only results in animal cruelty. Put it up right or don't use it at all -- it's cruel.

I happen to work at Lowe's if the lady thinks the net was terrible let me tell you what happened at our store. We had an English Sparrow infestation.

English Sparrows are a non native species and compete with native birds. They are the rodents of the bird kingdom. These birds were pooping everywhere and toting nest material and ruining our plants and messing up the place. It was becoming a health risk because when we cleaned the dried *** became airborn which was inhaled.

Lowe's hired an exterminator to shoot the birds with a BB pistol and poison them. The cover story was they were given a seditive and gathered up to be relocated.

NOT! I love birds don't get me wrong but something had to be done.

So. Lanthony801 hasn't been to many Lowes stores because not all stores have those nets.

The two stores that I have worked with don't have them. Birds get in the store for whatever reason, and guess what? They don't typically come out. We find the bird dead in top stock, and it's either the customer finds them or an employee does.

So, you should probably calm down about the birds a little bit. Store Managers have a lot more to worry about than *** birds that fly into our stores.

#20589

A little information is in order here.

The netting you saw was A. either keeping the birds out and they were coming in a different way such as whenthe doors open, (very likely) or B. the netting may be damaged or improperly installed in someway.

This depends on weather they tried to do it themselves or actually had a professional wildlife company install it.

I'd say from the information you supplied, they have done more than most stores. Bird netting can be an expensive proposition when done right. I've always felt that from a damaged goods, disease,false store alarms and personal liability point of view, I would do everything possible to keep the birds out if it was my store.

As noted, the bird was a sparrow, most likely a house sparrow not native to this country. These birds along with European starlings are not protected by law as they are detrimental to the native songbird population, such as bluebirds.

The only thing they are good for is human conflicts such as described and they should all be destroyed.

You may not like that but that's reality, that's why these birds are offered no protection under wildlife regulations.

Trying to rehab a house sparrow is akin to relocating a mouse...not to bright.

#20459

Neil is an ***, and certainly not an amusing one.

I am suprised that you didn't call out the National Guard for that poor bird.

You have to much time on your hands.

Maybe airplanes should not fly when there is an injured bird on the runway.

Do you lay down on the highway to stop traffic when a deer is hit?

I always see birds in Lowes but I never paid any attention to the netting, I will have to check our Lowes here and see. Poor birds! :sigh

View more comments (10)
Review

Lowes need reality check on who they hire to install!

First of all, I am so pissed off at Lowe's in Louisville, Ky. right now! Don't ever buy carpet from a box store...ever!!! You might think you are saving a bundle but, trust me...it's not worth the hassle of the incompitant people Lowe's contracts out to install the carpet. I really believe that my 2 yr old could have done a better job measuring the carpet rather than the "carpet installer" His measurements were soo way off that they weren't able to install my carpet after 5 weeks of waiting! We ended up waiting another week to get the extra carpet ordered and installed. In the mean time, we had to basically live around the mess of my house which was torn completely upside down (my husband had moved all the furniture) When they did install the carpet, they took more smoke breaks than anything. Such lazy-***! They also booked it out of the house as soon as it was laid, leaving us to clean up their mess! They didn't even sweep the carpet remnants or moving anything back to the rooms like they were being paid to do! Lowe's needs to be a little pickier on who they hire to represent their company! I will NEVER buy anything from their AGAIN!!!

:) Correction:

Lowe's Hire's General Contractor's.

( Certified Installers )

Ray Installer Mill work's

Brighton, Co 80601

certifiedinstaller

:) Correction:

Lowe's Hires Certified

General Contractors!

The Home Depot hires a General Contractor, he hire's ( Sub-Contractors!

Sincerely,

Certified Installer

#20682

dont take it out on lowes, look they have a instalation garantee if your not happy then save your breath for the manager not the forums, i instal for lowes as a carpet installer, if your not happy,they will take care of it. Look it doesnt matter were you go you'll have problems every were. sorry it is hard for me to be everywere all the time

#19133

Jeff Lowes stands by nothing they do I live in Louisville, Ky and I'm dealing with *** for 8 mo. You must be one of those SUB CONTRACTORS.

first of all all of these are sub contractors not lowes employees these are the same guys who install for your mom and pops . the difference is lowes will stand behind their installation where others hide

View more comments (5)
Review

Lowes has worst delivery, customer service!

We purchased a refrigerator, dishwasher and range from Lowes and it took two months to have appliances that work. They showed up on a day we weren't expecting them then rudely rushed us through getting ready for the installation. The dishwasher didn't work, the range was a floor model that wasn't leveled, there was no manual, no broiler, had bad nicks, the burners did not work and it tipped forward! The installers never tested anything. Every time we called the store we got someone different who didn't know the story, passed it on to someone else, NEVER returned calls. We now have three appliances from three different stores. We will NEVER buy from Lowes again!

Tell me about it...

www.lowesceo.com

View more comments (1)
Service
Lowes Installation
Loss

Lowes in San Antonio, Texas - Disabled man waited almost 1 hr & never got helped

We were looking to buy a barbecue grill and a door. My husband is 75 years, disabled and only had his cane, waited in hot sun 20 minutes. Was told be right with you. I brought him into the store and left him looking and reading up on the grills. He had questions before purchase. Three times he asked a salesperson for help and was told be right with you. Waited anothe 45 mins No one came. He called and said lets leave I'm in pain. No place to sit down, He has 8 back surgeries. I have spent a lot of money at this store and I was crying when I complained to the young lady at customer service. It broke my heart that my husband, a retired Vietnam vet, visibly disabled had been treated so shabily.
certifiedinstaller

Correction:

In every department at Lowe's is a Sign

Red& Yellow Need Help. Press the button and the intercom will say Help needed in ( Grill's ). Until a associate shows up and turns it off, it will continue!

If the Associate for some reason doesn't help you press the button again. Last resort ask for the

MOD Manager On Duty.

Sincerely,

certified Installer

Brighton, Co

Ray :) :)

:( Stop complaining all you old people is complain...in reality you probaly only waited like five minutes but in old people time i guess thats an hour....you're just pissed off that you were not helped right when you asked for is....and why did you cry about it silly women

scot1991

I work in retail, and a lot of times customers say this very thing, unfortunatley we all are at the mercy of what our bosses allow us to do, 15 years as a manager I can assure you that no one that works in retail intentionally does anything to hurt the customer or it's just that most of the time there are only two people working in a department, neither of the employees have any control over the payroll, or control of hiring anymore help, and probably are helping another customer just like you.....that's not to say that I, or retail as a whole are not sensitive to your situation, or that I personally am gratefull of your husbands service, like him, I'm sure it's easy for people to criticize and make comments about war or soldiers until you walk in a soldiers boots.... same thing...

retail workers,are people also that have feelings just as you, and want to help, but most of the time, day after day dealing with customers,negatively ,makes youcold, and sometimes short to deal with.... again, not trying to be mean or hurtfull to you, just showing you the other side of that fence......

View more comments (2)
Review

Another fraud caes from Lowes?

My wifes exhusband brought a refrigerator for around $1200, when he declared bankruptcy Lowes changed the name on the account to my wifes name.Is this legal? Her name never appeared on the statement before,She never signed a thing that made her a joint card holder,just a card user, they said they dont keep records passed 3yrs and were welcome to persue legal matters if we like, because it will probably cost us more than the $1200 and they dont care, the person on the phone was very rude and arrogant and could not see anything wrong in what Lowes was doing, so everyone beware!