store service customer service customer home manager home depot order depot money

No service | Lowes review from Seadrift, Texas

3/23/09 lowes ft worth tx. near loop 820 and hwy 199 around 2 pm t0 2:30 pm I looked for help in lawn and garden eventually I found the barbed wire and t-posts I wanted but could not get to the wire rolls under a shelf. Again I searched for help. Next I went to customer service and waited while a woman talked on the phone for a while. Next I went to a cashier and asked for the stores phone number,called and got a dis-connected number. I called information for the correct number and called and asked for the manager or the service desk. Eventually the operator came back on and asked if she should try again . I said no thanks I will take my business elsewhere. Simms lumber was happy to fill my 1600 dollar order and not turn their back on me and pretend I was not there.

The phone number for each store is posted in LARGE PRINT right behind the customer service desk. And those employees behind the service desk have to also cater to customers on the phone...YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD who needs help.

Thank god you don't shop at Lowe's anymore...people like you make going to work unbearable.

Handicap accessibility | Lowes review from Bloomington, Indiana

I shop at Lowes. Recently I went to Menards and decided I would prefer your store. But I cannot get around it without an electric scooter basket. So, I'm back to Lowes. Please reconsider your decision about having scooters. While it may not be required by law, it is good business to cater to customers. The old bottom line was profit. The new bottom line is the well being of people. Corporations have made things difficult for the common people for a long time and we are beginning to recognize that we don't have to take it from corporations any more. We can take our business elsewhere. -Deb

You have become too comfortable with your handicap. You no longer push your limits.

You have settled into your handicap and in that comfort you no longer try. As a handicapped person myself, I push myself constantly. I get extra PT by walking further by parking further away. In doing this I have started building more stamina and a greater tolerance to the pain.

Now this doesn’t address them not having a scooter for you. I use it to illustrate that YOU should help yourself. That your usual appliance that you use for getting around should be just fine. I know pushing yourself hurts and you will pay for it but it’s worth it.

Yes there are extreme cases that need a electric cart but those extreme cases usually have their own. Make yourself better so you don’t need to rely on them.

I can guess why they don’t have carts, insurance. Normally handicap and elderly aren’t the best drivers and running into something there could be costly.

#1722045

Stores that don’t have electric scooters ...probably just don’t care or they don’t want law suits if you get hurt while riding it

Hard to believe someone can make smart *** comments about people that need electric carts to get through these huge box stores and not be informed how big of a *** they sound like. I have recently and very reluctantly had to start using them and only came across this thread because I was Googleing to see if Lowes had them as I need to get in to a store to buy some stuff.

Menards is not a corporation it is owned and operated by John Menard. If this is truly an issue for you write him a letter.

He is a business man. If you can convince him it makes good business sense to do so he will have them in a very short order. It's business 101 if it can provide enough additional revenue to pay for it's self it's a no brainer.

However if it won't at least pay for it's self there is no way in *** Mr. Menard is going to do it.

@Anonymous

And that My friend is what is sad. He should be reading these comments and addressing them himself.

this Company did not I repeat did not honor the lady in Marion county after selling her the wrong product. She had to paint it the shade she needed and the young man Tristan would have made this right but they took him off put him back on checkout.. Jhon should look at these comments and make them right. I would suggest not using this store .Jack never has returned the calls email nor sent a check for her cost.

Store is in Owenborrs Ky. If you tell them as you say a corporation you tell them a lady got smart with you when you called and it is on. They go and talk to them and Lowes a corporation as you say didnt send the products on time to her and gave her the product at cost and paid for the wiring cost at the venue. This has been over a year and I still send emails to no effect of course and yes Lowes has the chair and will have someone waik with you as you shop.

So as your comment suggest no way in *** he puts Money First not his customers but a Corp puts theirs first. Corp Dif extended stores , Invested in Mateiral Francise, and stock Holders Hmmmm.

Should not have to write him a Letter like he is going to read and return one any way.Comments tell the Story he can read them and make the stores do what he says put the CUSTOMER FIRST. Not being able to walk is Truly a Issue hope you gained some points because thie really doesnt make him look good.

Why should everyone who shops at a store have to pay for your need for an electric scooter? It should be the responsibility of the individual to pay for out of the ordinary needs.

How could you even tell if the store is better if they do not have electric scooters and you need one to get around the store?

Oh wait, I guess you were actually able to get around the store without one to see that you liked it. Did you ever stop to think that the store may be nicer because they do not spend on things like a row of electric scooters that are used by less than 1% of their customers?

@Bob

Hey BOB, what if your an amputee like I am and don't have a prosthetic leg. It would be nice to have a cart to ride and shop. Guess your to stupid to realize that

@Dave

I'd probably want my own cart so I wouldn't have to be concerned if the store had one or not.

@Bob

These are not “out of the ordinary needs” They are an absolute Necessity for someone who is handicapped.I suppose you also have a problem with handicap parking spaces! We are the ones that can’t shop unless the store provides Electric scooters.

You Sounds like a very bitter person. I hope your never in the circumstances where you need a scooter.

@Bob

Bob! I just lost the use of my left leg, I have been a customer of Lowe's, Menards and Home Depot.

I just checked to see if I could actually get to the flooring department at Lowe's. I'm 65, not usually handicapped, I'm sad to inform you, even non-handicapped people have accidents and become handicapped. I have needed the use of a scooter 3 times in my life.

I hope and pray you never need help. I thank you for the information, I won't stop at Menards for flooring, or anything else, even after I regain the use of my knee.

View more comments (24)
Review

Bosch tankless water heater and appliance service | Lowes review from Medford, Oregon

my husband and I bought a bosch aqua star tankless water heater and a bosch washer and dryer. we bought the water heater three years ago this coming september and have been having trouble with it starting and have to continually reset it to get it to work. we called to have it serviced and found out there is no one in our area that will service it which makes it pointless to have a warenty to have it serviced once a year as no one will service them so what is one to do then.we also have a bosch washer that isn't working and have the same problem and have had it made very difficult to get anyone here to service it also if i knew then what i know now i would never had bought a bosch appliance and am so upset that i want to return them where we bought them . i have'nt had the washer and dryer for a year yet and now have to go to the laundry mat to wash my clothes while i wait for someone to set up a service appointment. how long does one have to wait before something is done. beware of what you buy. we live in oregon. has anyone else had anything like this happen to them

I work for Lowe's and I truly do sympathize with you. I am in the Chicago area, and we have the same problems with tankless Bosch water heaters.

We at our store have NO ONE to install them, so basically, the poor customer, if they choose to purchase one, has to find their own installer. For this reason alone, I usually try to have them stay with the traditional upright "tank" style in an energy efficient model, be it gas or electric. The plumbers/service folks are also more adept at servicing these units if and when a problem occurs. The Bosch laundry has proved very reliable for us, so sorry you are having this problem.

Have you tried calling the Bosch #800 number? They could probably find a service provider for you if you are near a large city or town like Portland or Eugene.

Losers | Lowes review from Olean, New York

This store should be called "Losers." I ordered a $500 special order closet door only to find it scratched w/ damaged hardware. They wanted my builder to fix it. When I put my foot down, they offered to re-order. After reassurances all week long, they called to say they couldn't do it. I had to threaten to go over the manager's head. Most employees couldn't care less. I predict a big empty box of cold air sitting on the hill before long. Builders tell me they often go to other smaller stores, just so they don't have to deal with the incompetence. Wake up Lowes, you're going down the tubes and you won't be missed at this rate.

Being employed at lowes is a nightmare!!!!No communication with supervisors...we waited 9 months to start an account with them and put out so much money for everything they wanted us to have...they are going down the tubes. Mark my words!!!!

What kind of closet door costs $500? How was it damaged exactly, because it sounds like they think it was your builder.

Most stores I have dealt with are more forgiving for shipping damage, but you usually need to inspect it at the store or within a day or two of taking it home. I dont work at lowes or know anyone that does but this treatment sounds more store specific then company specific so you might want to say which lowes you are dealing with.

Tell me about it...

www.lowesceo.com :(

View more comments (2)
Review

Falsely fired me for "willful" misconduct | Lowes review from Blaine, Washington

This comment is to agree with what I saw about Lowe's. I am a former Lowe's employee who Lowe's decided to get rid of by using "willful" misconduct. Most of my co-workers were really good people who, if they weren't experts, were not trained well. Blame people like my front-end manager in a western washington Lowe's near the Canadian border. Management was more interested in threatening us than training us. I was written up for poor job performance for something I did not do. I was in customer service and did a really good job. That did not stop them from intimidating me, harassing me and generally treating me like ***. This way they don't have to pay unemployment. I also had a flooring job done by Lowe's and the installer really screwed it up.

I have looked at firerobertniblock.com and Lowesceo.com and think they are great websites. I hope these things continue to be there for frustrated consumers and ex-employees of Lowe's.

Mr. Biblock, Why don't you send people that they don't know at each store that is having a problem and let them report back to about the things that are going on those store, I'm sure they won't like what is happening at those stores since most of them are still on the west coast being run by the old Eagle managers.

Trust me some are of the old ways of doing things. You got rid of old eagle people on they west coast but forgot about the east side of the area, in 2001!!!!!

simply put we are in an age of communication,its called the internet.A person or persons cn from any location in the world can communacte with the worlds population in seconds.if thats how they want to treat people then DO NOT do business with them. I will bet you that when there profits start to drop to nothing thene they will start to do the things that a consumer expects some one to do if they want to keep there jobs.and that is with all companies.world wide.that will give us power over the big corporate congomerate.they would not even exist if it werent for the consumer who gets up go to work and spends there hard earned dollors.the problem is we must be inited as one and not a bunch of indivduals going in abunch of different directions.united we stand divided we fall is so true and in all thigs not just our freedom.

Dear Anonymous: At our store, we had Eagle employees that knew more than any employees Lowe's could hire. Lowe's hated Eagle and would not let anybody mention Eagle much less any Eagle symbols, etc.

in the store. Try looking at Lowe's favorite practice of "selective firing" or "targeted termination" which is what happened to me. Some day I will tell the whole story after I am over getting screwed over by Lowe's management.

I worry that because I am on public assistance, they could find a way to see that that is taken away from me also. I am afraid to say too much.

I am not going to give any more information about my experience. I am trying to move on.

The experience left me in bad shape and I want no more bad experiences. I had no money to pay bills because I was not eligible for unemployment. I don't want someone retaliating against me for saying something I should not. Figure out who I am and what my phone number is and call me personally and I will tell you Mr.

Niblock. I find it interesting that you are spending your time patrolling these websites.

If you think that's bad you should have worked in the spokane,Wa. area they still have old school Eagle people working for Lowes and they are not the best you can have! They love to inimate you or harass you so that you will quit or leave.

Tell me about it...

Contact information provided by:

www.lowesceo.com

View more comments (6)
Service
Lowes Manager

Lied to me | Lowes review from Olive Branch, Mississippi

my wife and I purchased a house and needed new appliances. We had gone to Lowes and picked out a fridge, microwave, and stove- all matching in stainless steel on the Monday before the house closing, that was on Friday. I asked the salesman if I could pay for the items and leave them there for pickup on Friday, after closing. I was told that I would have to take them with if I paid for them, but he promised me that when I came back on Friday, I could buy them then, and he would have all three waiting for me. I told him that the house I was buying didn't have any appliances, and, with my luck, they would be sold out when I returned to pick them up. He stated " we have a surplus of all three in stock, I assure you they will be here". Friday after the closing, I went back to Lowes and found they had the microwave and stove, but were sold out of the matching fridge.I gave the salesman working then, the card of the other salesman who made me the promise, and asked him to check in back. He returned and told me that they were out, but would call the store manager and asked of they would give me a discount on the damaged floor model fridge. I then stood by the counter as he called the manager and asked about the discount. I could hear the manager tell him to give a $100 discount on the $1200 fridge. The salesman hung up and advised the manager approved a $25 discount. As pissed as I was, I needed the fridge. They then loaded the fridge onto a service cart and scratched the stainess steel front, telling me to buy polish, and buff it out. I ended up going off, yelling, in front of the store. I'm sure my brother-in-law, who was there to help pick up the items, was probably counting his money to see if he had enough to post my bond. The manager then came to the front of the store and asked me what the problem was. When I told him the whole story, he did give me a more expensive fridge at the same price as the one I had picked out- it didn't match the microwave and stove exactly, but was close, and I was thankful. 1 year later, I needed to replace my dryer and wash machine. After checking with the Sears and Menards in my town, and being unable to find a electric dryer on sale, I went back to Lowes after being talked into it by my father. I picked out a washer and dryer and took them home. After bring them into the basement, I found the dryer was not working and returned it. I had picked out a different brand that was about $30 more, and was told to go to the service desk for a refund on my debit card for the first dryer and then pay for the second one. I did, and then loaded the new dryer into my dad's pickup and started to pull out of the parking space when I saw two Lowes employee's running after me. Thinking I forgot something I stopped and got out of the truck. They then told me that they called the police, and that I hadn't paid for the dryer. I then showed them my refunded receipt along with the new receipt. I said they were sorry and would call the police back. Based on my experience with Lowes, I stopped at the DeKalb Police station on my way home and made sure. I would like to thing of my Lowe's experience as bad luck, but I refuse to buy anything there ever again.

i am so very sorry that we did this to you. It never should have happened.

Please do not blame the whole store for what one of the employees did. Please always inform the store manager. this way he can take care of your needs and keep you a happy customer. Also retrain the misinformed employee.

Customers can purchase items for pick up later. If you are told otherwise, please ask for a manager. As far as the police go. I would still contact the store manager so that he may take care of this so that it does not happen to you or anyone else again.

Again I am very sorry.

Kim

The salesman can make money off a damaged or floor model item. As long as the price is 10% off the original price or 10% off of what the computer has it listed for.

Lowes is a very shady place to work. They treat thier employees like ***.Talk down to you and make you feel like your always walking on pins and needles. I put up with it for 3 years because of the money and spiffs off the appliances. I will never work there again and alway's tell others not to shop at Lowes.

Mr Niblock CEO when a employee sends you a email to your personal account at least you can do is resond to them!! You and Lowe's make me sick!!!!!!!!!!

They should have allowed you to purchase your original appliances the first time and set it as a "Pick Up Later, or P/L"..which ensures X number or whatever you bought stays there. I dont know why the salesman would lie, since they dont make commision off of the damaged floor models.

View more comments (2)

Lowe's Kitchen Cabinets | Lowes review from Stone Mountain, Georgia

In November I took in two sets of Cad originated drawings for kitchen cabinets to acquire an estimate. The 'design specialists' showed us the door design and colors available. The design 'specialist' stated a specific manufacturer would be the cabinet supplier We then finalized the selections and and asked them to come to our home and measure the installation so as there would be no error. The design 'specialist'and install manager came out and measured. The installation was to be finalized prior to 12/31/2008. As of this writing 2/5/2009 the installation is not complete. The design 'specialist' and measuring totally "screwed up" and this has required our total costs to increase. NEVER AGAIN!

Hmmm....do any other Lowe's Specialists smell something funny here? Sounds like we are dealing with a "Complaint Specialist" who has been caught in his own story, as we Lowe's associates know that it is the INSTALLER who goes out for the site check and measure, NOT the Specialist! Me thinks there's a lot more to this story that the "Complaint Specialist" is leaving out!

had installer come for a measurment to install vinyl flooring. 24x9!

Installer wants 897.00 total for labor.

521.00 for underlayment/ 324.00 to spread the glue even though it is no glue vinyl! 67.00 to restretch carpet and wow im geting f__ked

I agree, this story sounds a little odd. I am currently an Install Sales Manager for lowes and my specialist nore I NEVER go out to do a measurement. SOS cabinets take 4-6 weeks to arrive so there is no way possible it would have been installed that quickly.

Your Story sounds a little inconsistent , you said you provided the drawings? So it was based on your own measurements? did you pay for a measure.?

Why would the Specialist and Install Manager measure. If the Installer is the one that measures before your purchase? By the way special Order Cabinets do take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.or Did you buy stock cabinets?

If you did then you where responsible for your own measurements,Lowe's does not Install stock cabinets. Home Depot is the only Company that sends the Designer for the first measure to the Home For a refundable fee Lowe's sends an Installer.

I have worked at both Companies andAll designs are checked before the sale is finalized.

View more comments (3)
Service
Lowes Installation

Heading of this category is offensive to me | Lowes review from Marrero, Louisiana

could the company not find another word or words for customer compliants. Vocabulary should not be so limited and to have to resort to using the slang that i would not use nor allow my childrent ouse. I am dissapointed in Lowe's. I was not aware this slang was used until I happened on the sight. I was etremly surprised and disappointed with Lowe's and I will have to think about my continuing shopping at Low's. this l00 word stuff is also insane as a person need not use many words to make a point. You ever came up the the slang word as well as the l00 word limit should rethink both.

HAHAHAHA are you freakin serious, i think this *** hole rode the short bus to school.

Sounds like the wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead.

heres a catagory heading, Dumba55es .com you could head up the DUH DUHpartment

hey ***, this isn't a site sponsored or created by Lowe's!!! "Pissed" may not be in your vocabulary because you were raised with manners and intend on raising your children that way, also, but it is in the vocabulary of the English language and frequently used. (btw, your typing and sentence structure need work if you're going to talk) Don't try and pin someone else's casual word usage against a national company that isn't even familiar with this site.

View more comments (3)
Review

Lowes Customer Service Stinks...

We bought a tool box from Lowes 3 wks prior 2 xmas & was told by a lowe's associate that if in the next couple of wks the price went down, we could come back and recieve the discount in the form of a refund. It went on sale, I went back for the refund, the returns clerk refunded the entire amount back to my card and then tried to make me pay for the tool box again at the so called disc. price which was actually higher than what we orginally bought it for. Well the refunded transaction didnt take place immediately as this was a Sunday and of course my card was declining as it was close to xmas and I just didnt have a spare 600 floating in my acct. They told me I had to bring the tool box back or pay for it somehow. We already had the box 3 wks! I just wanted the 10% discount refunded to me. It was awful, we ended up writing a check that bounced because Lowes put it thru before the refund transaction posted.

i am currently an customer service manger at lowes. this was somewhat the associates fault.they should always check the price too make sure it is actually reduced to the cheaper price and than do the REBILL-REFUND than again you went back two weeks later when our price adjustment is 7 days from original purchase..and for the refund it takes 72 hours to post back to your account at any store not just lowes as well as if it were a purchase.next time check your price and make sure you have enough credit line

@***ociate

Your grammar is terrible, and is a direct reflection on the level of *** customer service I have received at Lowe's in the past.

@***ociate

"Hello" is correct. Your grammar is horrendous.

(Capitalization, apostrophes, then vs.

than, too vs. to, etc.) I'm an associate at Lowes, and I'd like to hope that my managers represent Lowes better than you do.

Customer service did the right thing :p

Prices don't change on the weekends at Lowe's. The pricing coordinator works monday-friday. The ads usually drop on Tuesday/Wednesday. The associate had no way of knowing when the toolbox was going to be marked down. ***, the pricing people don't even know when and what prices are going to change.

It's a day-by-day thing. Corporate makes all of these decisions.

In any case, I would have checked current price of the toolbox before I got my refund.

Lowe's does what they call a refund-rebill. They give you a efund and then rebill the item (hopefully at a lower cost) to you.

However, I usually do a REBILL-REFUND. Refunds take awhile to post, so if you are using a debit card/check, the amount may not be posted to your account right away (expecially with checks-- they can take up to 15 days to post)

If the associate would have done a rebill-refund, you probably could have seen that the price was higher than what you originally payed for it.

You never would have payed for it if you would have seen that the price was higher.

Be a smart consumer and be smart. It's YOUR money, so make sure that you check your items before you buy them.

Retail associates aren't the brightest bulbs in the pack, let me tell you..

Good luck in the future!

When we bought the toolbox, it was so close to christmas that we didnt want to see that it went on sale right after buying it full price. When we express our concern about that to the sales associate, she said that if we buy it now, and if in a few weeks the item goes on sale, then to come back and they would refund us the difference of what we paid and the sale price.

So low and behold the very next week, a flyer came out stating that the very same tool box was discounted 10%. Well 10% off of 650 dollars is a lot of money, so when we went back to Lowes to get the difference, that is when we found out that the price had actually gone up on the toolbox,,THEN they discounted it 10%. So, the cashier, whom really didnt know what he was doing,,, neglected to tell me that in order to receive the discounted price, he was going to have to refund the ENTIRE amount back to our card and recharge us at the discounted price, which at that time was acutally higher than the original price we paid... The actual problem here is not the price, but the fact that they refunded the entire amount back to our card, and when they tried to rerun the card for the new price,, of course there wasnt enough on the card to cover the cost.

.. it was an unneccassary mess..

r00m23

If the price was lower the first time, why did you even go back? I might be confused on what you are saying though.

It sounds like you said something like: the price was 5. After we bought it the price went up to 10. I came back and did a return and they charged me 8 on the resale.

Also, consider that the prices of bread and milk and gas and the stock market all very from day to day and can even very from hour to hour. It is great that this market is able to give you the best deal though time.

The discounted price WAS higher than what we originally purchased the item for because they jacked the price of the tool box after we bought it then put it on sale. This all took place right before christmas. I even confronted the manager about that and he said he didnt have any control over the pricing of the items....

"the so called disc. price which was actually higher than what we orginally bought it for. "

I thought you said it went on sale. How was it higher than what you originally bought it for?

I agree the software is broken on the return to Bank Cards. Id like to get in on the IT staff at Lowe's there are a few changes Id make to how the computer system works.

Ther are about 300 employees at my Lowes. and only 3 working. This store is in Harrisonburg, Va

View more comments (11)

Discounts | Lowes review from Woodbridge, Connecticut

Hello everyone. Basically any customer can return anything at will. The Lowe's Computers at the Lowe's stores flash on their screens NO HASTLE RETURNS. If the manager refuses to take back the return then ask for the corp number and call and state You have personally seen the no hustle return policy flash on the Lowe's computers. Remember the Wallingford Lowe's is called the return store for a reason. They take everything back and ask to speak to Jim previs if they will not take back your return. This store takes back all special orders even months later or will do disconts weeks and months later if you are not satisfied with you product, just keep comming back with a new complaint and they will continue to give more disocunts.

I love Lowe's! It's a great store, and I get great help all the time.

Can't get enough, you're totally right by the way, they do take back a lot of stuff.

But in the end it keeps the customers happy and loyal. :grin

Regardless of this persons spelling the message is clear what he intends to relay. Which in some locations the store ends up looking like a yard sale instead of a corporate leader.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with returning almost every thing. It keeps Lowe's customers from needing to come to sites like these. People that get mad over the return policy are not likely to be repeat customers.

I think OP is an employee or ex-employee.

Guys, I can't spell either. But this is teh interwebs.

Can someone please tell me what a "disconts" is? I think the "over excited" consumer meant "discounts".

Can someone please figure out a way to make a spell check program so people like the person above stop looking like illiterate idiots? The same person that returns everything is the same person that never made it through grade school. Stop trying to take advantage of the system.

God Bless America! :cry

Can you do me a favor and learn how to spell before you post something online? It really shows what type of person you are when you return everything and you can't even spell.

Can you READ??? :x