Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Erie, Pennsylvania - Paint can lid not put back on tightly

I had a quart of paint mixed at Lowe's. Checked out they put it in a plastic bag. I got out of my car at home, grabbed the bag walked into my garage. The bag ripped. The can fell out.. you guessed it.. lid not secure paint went everywhere. I had black jeans on. They are now splattered in paint. I went thru 2 rolls of paper towels cleaning up the excess paint. I went in and called the store where I purchased the paint. Asked for the manager, explained what had happened and his reply to me was "What do you want me to do about it?" I was amazed at his lack of concern. Not I am sorry Maam I will gladly replace your paint. I am going to the store today with empty paint can in hand and sure hope that I experience better customer service than I had on the phone.
#62073

It was a quart can of paint not a gallon and LOWES put it in the bag why wouldn't I think I could carry it in the freaking bag. LOWEs did not secure the lid after they mixed it.

Really? I am guessing you are the *** manager I talked to.

#62058

Why were you carrying the bag where it could rip? Shouldn't you have been holding the bottom of the can?

I am all for stores taking responsibility, but if you drop a can of paint, the lid is going to come off...

now, if it had just turned over and the lid came off you might have a better argument... I hope they didn't give your money back and told you not to go back to the store

@Really?

i agree. Dropping a can of paint the lid is going to come off from the pressure.

No matter if lid was secure or not. Stuff happens

If you drop a can of paint, the lid will come off. If you drop a glass bottle of milk, the glass bottle will break.

Thin plastic bags rip, gravity takes over. Pilot error, pure and simple really.

Your right on CC !!!!

You dropped a can of paint and it opened. Big surprise there.

If you went to the grocery store and dropped your gallon of milk and it opened would that be the managers fault to. Talk responsibility for your own actions, it was your fault.

View more comments (5)
Service
Lowes Manager
Loss

Lowes in Germantown, Maryland - Bad Customer Service On Repairs and Warranty Issues

After three visits two my home from two repair companies, my 2/1/2 years old Frigidaire washer is still not in working conditon. After several calls to Lowes warranty service, they suggested a buy out (this is not approved). The buy out involves buying back my present washer and giving me a gift card to use at Lowes to buy a replacement. Problem with that is a) they only give me back what I originally paid two years ago for my washer b) the 4 year warranty (with an additional 6 years parts warranty) that I paid for for the washer and dryer is voided with over a year to run (bear in mind that for 6 months I haven't had the use of the washer while the warranty was still in effect, c) they will not buy back the pedestal that I purchased for this particular model and d) why would I want to buy another item from them! If I buy a new washer from them, I need to purchase a new warranty at additional cost plus pay the additional for the price of the washer at todays higher price. I told them that, if they would not give me replacement value and would also cancel my currenty warranty if I accepted the buyout, I want the washer to be repaired or simply replaced. I am currently waiting for the repair company to call me with the date of when the other parts will be in. During this six month period I have been forced to spend over $300 at the laundromat. I would never expect that a $800 plus washing machine would break down after 2 years (the motor, the motorboard, the speed plate which drives the motor are all broken). I will never do business with Lowes again and I would strongly caution any buyer against Frigidaire products and purchasing one of Lowes warranties for any of their products. P.S. When I bought the washer dryer, there were delays in delivery and they dropped the first washer thatwas deliverd down the stairway of my home and asked me too just accept it in its damaged state and they would give me afifty dollar discount! .

All service warranties ... after you call three times for repair's and the fourth time you can forced what is called a lemon law.. A buy out is not an options Lowes has ..They have to refund your money ......Just so you know

I am a lowly employee at Lowe's, but having worked there for 5 years, I can assure you that at MY Lowe's we have a satisfaction guaranteed motto! We take anything back! I've seen grills, washers, fridges, etc come back even after a few years, with or without the an additional warranty.

lowesblowes

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

#21946

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on Getsatisfaction..com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you, so that I can personally look in to this matter in order to do so, please send me your contact information and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number, if available, so that I can research this matter.

Again, I regret the disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Sincerely

Chris Polk

Escalation Specialist

Electrolux Major Appliances

chris.polk@electrolux.com

View more comments (3)

Lowes Scams Customers on Rebates

Promised an in-store rebate to have a dishwasher delivered, Lowes in Oaks, PA, will not honor the $75.00 rebate because we also had the dishwasher installed. They claim that it was not delivered, it was installed, a seperate and additional charge (which we also paid). The sales manager told me the dishwasher met rebate qualifications and the rebate form was printed out at the register. When we stopped payment on the check, the bank clerk remarked, "They won't give you the gift card will they?" We asked if this happens often and they stated that they can not say.

My contact info is below. I'm bringing claims.

Jos. Santoli, Esq

I purchased a $1,200 Kitchenaid Dishwasher online on June 29, 2012. Right under the "Add to Cart" buttom, it stated a rebate was available.

After I paid for the diswasher, I was taken to another screen that said the rebate program was called the "KitchenAid Major Appliance $300-$400 Rebate" and offered me a convenient area to download the form. I immediately downloaded the rebate form and filed it online. Unfortunately, I just received a letter saying I don't qualify for any rebate because I didn't purchase 3 appliances at the same time. MISLEADING!!!

This was stated nowhere during any part of the purchase or rebate process. I even read the Terms of Offere where it states "Consumer may choose one model per appliance type up to a maximum of 4 models, with a maximum rebate of $400 per household." It says nothing about a minimum.

WHAT A SCAM! I would have purchased a cheaper dishwasher!

Joseph Santoli, Esq.

Lowes has a history of this. If it happened to you call my cell at 201-926-9200 or email me at jsantoli@santolilaw.com with your tel no and details.

We are bringing claims to get scustomers their money back.

Jos. Santoli, Esq.

That happened to us as well. Even though we paid almost $1000 for a dishwasher there, they said we can not get the $150 back for the rebate that we filled. I am very upset about that.

I had to comment to upset, if your receipt show that you paid for a delivery, it will state right on the reciept, "delivery", right beside the number 2. Then you are able to get the rebate and I as a manager would make the call to the rebate center after you received your letter denying your claim.

to help you get your money.

BUT, if you did not pay for a delivery, please respond, why would you expect to get moneys for something you did not pay for. Please respond, I would like to know what are consumers are or are not thinking

I love the people who come into the store 2 months after their purchase and say " I didn't get my rebate and they show us the rebate receipt. We ask did you mail it in?

"NO". and they still want us to give them money for their *** mistakes.

What do they expect. For the retailers to always pay for their stupidity.

And most people on this forum do even read the rebates. Their just to lazy to do the work.

@robusto

Thanks for your reply. I will keep your post in mind when I think about going in lowes.

And they do have competition.

People like you make us shop with your competition. Hope you don't get down sized because of slow business.

Working @ Lowes, if you have the dishwasher installed they actually don't charge you to have it delivered so you wouldn't qualify for the free delivery. The free delivery rebate prints out automatically if your applaince is above $397.

The only rebate you may have qualified for was free installation if the dishwasher was above $497. This is a totally separate rebate and at the rebate center we can correct that for you if it happens.

Well, Mr. Lowes Knows, you popped up here, too.

C'mon, now, we @ Lowes you are a little slow and can only write that one little lowes lawsuits line, but step up, try real hard, and think up a complete sentence here.

Or maybe you cannot defend yourself in this forum..... Maybe you were one of the terminated Lowes "do nothing" associates and you too feel like venting with your all too stale lawsuits line......

www.lowes-lawsuis.com

Hey, "upset customer" do you also want someone from here @ Lowes to come over and wash the dishes for you, too? These posts from you guys are getting ridiculous!

Like I said before to CMiller Now read CAREFULLY HERE.... THE $140 INSTALL PRICE INCLUDES THE DELIVERY... THE ***** DELIVERY FEE WAS NEVER CHARGED TO YOU!!! HOW DO YOU WANT OR EXPECT TO GET A REBATE ON SOMETHING YOU DID NOT EVEN PAY FOR!!!!

The dishwasher was delivered, installed, you paid no sales tax, and the old one was hauled away Yes, the receipt prints out a rebate... It's a *** cash register! It even prints out the delivery rebate if you buy something, know it can be delivered, and opt to take it and have us load it up in your usually way too small SUV.

There is NO WAY for us, as humans, to reprogram the register to not print that rebate slip. :(

I have to agree with Cmiller. The same thing happened to us.

When you are promised something, the store should deliver. Ours was for free delivery, installation and haul away for dishwashers over a certain amount. The rebate form printed out.

Now we are told that the model we bought does not qualify. The rebate offer says it does.

Mr. Miller, you say you had the dishwasher installed by Lowe's, correct?

In our Lowes, that $140 D/W install fee INCLUDES the delivery by the installer, the installation, AND the haul-away of the old unit! Plus, if your area is like ours, there was also NO SALES TAX charged if you had the install arranged through the store!! The delivery fee only applies if you have the store deliver it, drop it off (with NO INSTALL NO HAUL AWAY of the old dishwasher).

So, you actually came out ahead if you ask me. Please read my other posts @ POC Lowes, I just get so tired of dealing with customers such as yourself who try to "work" the system on us, you know what your're doing, and get mad and feel you have to post when you get "outed" in forums such as this.

@retailer4life

Actually he has a point. As far as working the system, are you kidding me?!!

I didn't buy a dishwasher, I bought a dryer and requested interest free payments instead of a percentage off. I was also granted a discount as a sale was occurring and the model wasn't in the store. I made it a point to reiterate the price, discount, extension several times to ensure that it was copacetic.

I received my bill and it was higher and as if I had been talking to myself. I was livid and customer service at corporate level are inept or seemingly ignorant/apathetic.

The store personnel were more helpful.

It took close to two plus weeks to clear up. It shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Paint rebates are also scams. Their rebate applies to qualifying items but their is no way to determine what is and is not a qualifying item; the store can't even tell.

The advertised brand and type are not enough information. You are a fool to believe anything that they say.

View more comments (14)
Product
Lowes Gift Card

Lowes in Chicago, Illinois - Missing Installer

I have lived a nightmare. It all started when my original contractor made a mistake with my shower stall. He installed the shower base and last, he "tried" to install the shower doors, they were too big. I lost $400 (could not return the stall, as the base was already installed) so I proceeded to order custom made doors at Lowes (cost $850). Lowes told me I should get them in 2 weeks, never happened. When they finally called me after numerous follow up calls, and 21 days later, it took 7 days to schedule with the installer. When the installer arrived with the doors, he discovered the hardware was missing, so he left. I was furious, I called Lowes which they sent someone to hand deliver the missing hardware but the installer was long gone. When I called the installer myself, he told me he could not come back until the following week....???? the doors are in the bathroom along with the hardware, yet the installer proceeded to put me at the bottom of his list. After begging him to do sooner, he agreed to come back in 2 days. Never happened. Never returned my calls, has not returned Lowes managers calls....now Lowes tells me they will do the best they can with another installer, but can't guarantee me the exact day. I'm at their mercy. I called their 1-800 number to complain and guess what? They transferred me back to the store. This shower stall has costs me over $1000, and over a month later, I still don't have any doors.....I am sick to my stomach with this as I have out of town visitors coming in 2 days, I will never shop at Lowes again or recommend to anyone. If they promise you anything, please ask them to put it in writing and sign it.

CXL your Lowes *** Card.the want to screw me over a $5.00 paint rebate. kiss my ***.

Situations like this can be frustrating. Your original contractor should have been involved with the purchase of all fixtures being installed.

This would have saved you time, headaches, and money. The good contractors insist on it.

One of the things I have learned the hard way, is never purchase anything and expect someone else to install it.

A true contractor will chose what gets installed, how, and how much. They also expect some markup in what gets installed.

Unfortunately subcontractors is just a fancy term to induce you into buying something you will regret later.

Loss

Lowes in Richmond, Kentucky - Extended warranty on troy built products.

I purchased a troy built tiller in october 2007. I PAID 79.97 for an extended warranty which was told to me all parts were under waranty except normal wear and tear items such as oil filter plugs tires. The tine broke and I had to pay 75.31 for the repair. I think it wrong that an employee tells you the item is under warranty then you have to pay for it after purchasing an extended warranty.wHEN i SPOKE TO Kim Lowe she was very rude with me while I was asking questions.The extended warranty was explained to me different than what I paid for. My support for Lowes has been damaged badly. Thank You for your effort in solving this matter. Michael Turner.

The employee you spoke with stated that the ITEM was under warranty. From what you stated he/she did not say the repair would be covered.

Only a technician can determine if something is a covered part/failure. The store employees cannot provide you with that information unless it is a maintenance item, the failure is a result of something you hit or as a result of an unauthorized repair or adjustment.

I don't believe that employee is to blame here. They did provide correct info.

I had the 13hp horse tiller 20 minutes before the tines bent. I think it would be a great idea if TroYBuilt would improve the product quality. This 1800.00 tiller is as delicate as a little flower.

I think you would prefer that every tyne that breaks in the United States be covered by warranty?

That way you would be able to complain about the rise in purchase price of the machine.

Personaly I would prefer you to pay for a tyne every time you run it through rock.

Product
Lowes Warranty
Tags
  • Michael Turner

Lowes in Washington, District Of Columbia - Cashier was beyond rude

4-20-08 i made a purchase at lowes. the cashier did not bag instead left my roomate to do it. also he sat a rake i purchased behind him causing us to leave it behind. we had to return again to get it. i shop there often but this person made me think about not returning to shop there. i am a credit card holder with lowes. i have never before been treated so badly at your store. i hope never again or i will never shop there again. and will also advise my friends and family. ticket info 0340 terminal:62 4-20-08 13:20:48 sales #s0340jm1 1075188 store located at 5405 wadsworth bypass arvada co also on ticket invoice #62515
#19124

you are a WHINER....

I'd have thought you'd say something to the manager... is not bagging stuff (and what stuff?

would it even fit in a bag? how much was there?) 'beyond rude'?

you kinda... strike me as a super whiner.

Ummm.. This is not Lowes website, this is a 3rd party site for people to *** to others about their unhappiness with companies.

Also, so you've been nothing but happy with your expiences (you say yourself you shop there often) with Lowes except for this one time and now you're ready to not shop there ever again because a cashier did not bag your products and you forgot a rake? Wow, I bet you're hard on your kids.

Review
#120680 Review #120680 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Eugene, Oregon - Service Protection Minus at Lowe's

I'm going to post what I wrote to them in my third email, followed by their only response. Sorry if it seems like a mad-lib, I just wanted to remove extraneous personal information: ************* Hi, this is the third note in three days I've sent on this subject. The first was sent yesterday from https://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=custSvcOrderIssue&topic=customerService, and the second was from that and wecare@lowes.com, but I have not had a response yet. Whether or not this gets through is an open question, but at this point I'm not really hopeful. Three days ago, the belt on my washing machine went out. I remembered that I had a similar problem some time ago, and that the Service Protection Plus I purchased with my Maytag washing machine covered the problem. Unfortunately, when I contacted the store I purchased it from [store location] Lowe's, they could not find any record of it. When I purchased the plan, one of the selling points was the fact that Lowe's could look up my account on the computer at any store, and I would receive service as long as the plan continued, yet this time I was informed they would need a receipt and a date of purchase in order to look it up. I am rather taken aback by that. When I worked in retail -- well before my purchase of a washing machine at Lowe's -- we could pull up anyone's order information from their name, address, phone number, or a scanned receipt, and we could reprint said receipt any time a customer asked for it. While my name isn't completely unique in the United States, my guess is there are relatively few [name]'s who purchased a Maytag Atlantis washing machine, model XXXXXXXX, S/N XXXXXXXXX, from the [location] Lowe's and who had service one time previously from [name of repair service], also in [location]. To be honest, I rarely get extended warranties (a term I know retailers hate), but my father thought it was an excellent idea, so I purchased it rather than argue with him. If Lowe's can't even pull up when the "Exclusive Service Protection Plus" was purchased, I can't imagine I'll have much use for it in the future, since I've already wasted several hours trying to get this resolved. If it's out of warranty, fine, at least I have a definitive answer, and I can look into getting it repaired or replaced, but if I can't even be given a definitive answer, it makes it impossible for me to resolve the issue without a great deal of annoyance. I of course apologize to the person on the receiving end of this email, since they had nothing to do with the problem. I just thought I should bring the issue to (hopefully) someone who can look up the account and tell me if my purchase is still covered, or if I needed an alternate method of fixing the issue. ******* Their response? "Thank you for contacting Lowe's Customer Care. I apologize for the frustration but in order for us to request a receipt we will need the date of purchase. If you know how the washing machine was purchased we would recommend contacting the credit card company or bank to get this information." Here's the last note I sent, before I hit the internet for more information: ********** My frustration must be only a tiny percentage of the frustration of working at Lowe's without a relational database for customers. Being forced to pull up information only by date, and not by the name, address, or phone number of the customer, or by the make and model of the product must make the job very difficult. I'll contact GE, since apparently they are the ones that contract for repairs. If they can't find a record, I'll just chalk up "Service Protection Plus" as a bad investment, and see if there is a website dealing with retail frustrations where I can express my opinion. Thank you for your time. ******** That pretty much covers it. Yet further proof that not only are extended warranties a waste of money, but certain retailers apparently don't have access to relational databases -- or at least, not when it's time to use said warranty. What I find somewhat amusing is they believe the credit card company can pull up "When did I purchase a washing machine?" information more quickly than the company I purchased it from. Try to wrap your head around *that*.

Purchased the worthless 4 year Protection Plus from Lowes for my $1500 Samsung side by side. Huge crack appears for no reason in the freezer door, ice shoot.

Filed a claim which was erroneously denied for cosmetic damage. Now starting my letter writing to State Boards of Ins. Samsung denies any liability for manufacturing a piece of *** unit.

Never shopping at Lowes again. Sears only now.

Review
#120530 Review #120530 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes in San Dimas, California - I called to confirm delivery the day before and was lied to.

I ordered sod to be delivered on Wednesday. I called the night before and was told it was cut and on the truck and would be delivered the next day on schedule. The next day my crew was here until noon when my husband sent them home because it never arrived. I called when I got home and was told that the nursery didn't even have the PO on it. Now it is being delivered on the day of my husbands surgery and I will be doing it alone cause I can't afford to pay a new crew.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Review
#120323 Review #120323 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Lowes home improvement needs improving

i live in greeneville tennessee. and we have a single lowes store. and believe me they know it. the people that (work?) there. could care less about the customer. i am constantly frustrated with the lack of knowledge the employees have. not to mention, the we dont give a *** attitude they have. the nearest competition is home depot in johnson city, some 30 miles away. which would cost me in time and fuel. lowes have put mom and pops around here out of bizzness. because they can sell it cheaper than mom and pop can buy it. but is saving a few bucks worth the *** and frustration, that you have to go through? i dont think so....

you had me at greeneville TN.

certifiedinstaller

:) Correction:

Next time your in Lowe's and have a Bad experience ask to talk to the

MOD Manager On Duty and if he doesn't have a solution ask for the Regional Managers Phone Number.

The Home Depot on the other Hand.

Good Luck!

Sincerely,

Certified Installer

Brighton, Co

Ray

View more comments (1)
Review
#120194 Review #120194 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Old people and young ones at Lowes

Lowes and HD where the places to go for cement, plywood, and just about everything else you would need to do some serious construction. Now I'm more affraid of smashing some old women or some kids with 1000 pounds of product on the cart. Please keep the old people and kids out! I know there must be other places for these people to go and look around but beware the Lowes and HD aren't Wal-Mart or Kmart. Are these stores trying to get the the oldies and families in for a reason? Money would be a good guess but I have a job to do.

you must be some sort of *** every day i hear people talk about how someone stole thier job, or i see people time after time walking through parking lots askin for money. Who the he!!

do you think you are to say someone should not have a right to work at one of these stores, its people like you in todays society that make others feel like begging for money is thier last resort!! get a @%$%# life *** hole.

CONTRACTORS AND INSTALLERS ARE IMPORTANT TO ALL RETAILERS, BUT THERE ARE PRO STORES YOU COULD SHOP, OR YOU COULD GET AN AR ACCT AND HAVE IT PULLED AND WAITING FOR YOU

Are you serious? Are you on some sort of motorized vehicle flying around Lowe's and Home Depot? Are you just that much faster than them? I understand the importance of safety and have done my research on which big box store is safer. But are you seriously going to bring that "complaint" to the table.

If this is your worst complaint, you should walk around everyday with a big smile on your face while wearing a shirt that says, " Get out of my retail shoppers. I'm a contractor and I have *** to do."

Oh and since all old people are slow and all children are ignorant, do me a favor contractor and build some loud and bright contraption for these CUSTOMERS to wear that way you can see and hear them as your buzzing around in the morning.

Which brings up my next comment, if old ladies and kids are there, when are you shopping mr serious shopper? Most serious contractors are working bright and early in the morning which means you should be hitting the stores around 7am. What 90 year old lady and her 2 year old grandson set their alarms for 5am to hit Lowes and Home Depot first thing the in the morning.

Tthink about your comments before you type them out next time.

everyone has a right to work at lowes, just because its a hardware store doesnt mean we need to be able to lift all of your products for you. when you go to king soopers, does anyone load your soda or water packs for you, NO.

we are not required to lift anything for anyone. you come prepared to purchase or lift the product on your own.

bring a friend or family member. it is not our job to carry your products for you!

View more comments (3)
Review
#120012 Review #120012 is a subjective opinion of poster.