Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Lowes review in Reston, Virginia: Lowe's St. James, NY Brandon Blowhard *** Mgr,

Attempted to have a few rudimentary questions clarified for a millwork order recently. Had received a very polite call from the evening mgr responding with a final quote and he indicated he would be following up the next morning to answer a simple question. The next morning Lowes calls, they dont know anything whatsoever about the previous quote/call nor about the open question. When I reiterate asking to have my question clarified, the employee drops and runs to the manager. Ok, perhaps the Manager is the go to guy. Guess what.. Noooooooo !! The Manager procedes to claim that I berated his employees (only spoke to the one this morning) and that he deals with 100's of customers and no one ever questions anything that they fork over their money, bend over and have him insert his attitude asking how rude can you get Brandon???? Deeper Brandon!!!
Review

Lowes review in Nashville, Tennessee: IT IS HAS BEEN A MONTH AND 3 DAYS CARPET STILL NOT INSTALLED

MARCH 22ND - ORDER CARPET FOR LIVING ROOM AND BEDROOM CARPET WOULD BE IN APRIL 4TH APRIL 7TH - LOWE'S TOLD US INSTALLING CARPET THAT DAY APRIL 7TH - COULD NOT LAY CARPET HE HAD BOOKED SOMEONE ELSE APRIL 14 - CARPET WAS TO BE LAYED, INSTALLER WENT TO PICK UP CARPET AT LOWE'S WRONG CARPET SENT APRIL 14 - WENT TO THE STORE JACOB KING PUT A SUPER RUSH TO GET THE CORRECT CARPET IN SAID IT WOULD BE IN APRIL 21ST, PROMISED ME IT WOULD BE LAYED TUESDAY APRIL 22ND CALLED APRIL 21ST TO SEE IF CARPET CAME IN IT DID NOT, JACOB SAID IT WOULD BE IN 22ND APRIL 22ND CALLED CARPET NOT IN SAID IT WAS IN MEMPHIS. IT WOULD BE IN APRIL 23RD MORNING AND THEY WOULD GET MY CARPET LAYED APRIL 23RD IN THE AFTERNOON WRONG AGAIN APRIL 23RD CARPET FINALLY CAME IN AT 11:00 A.M. STILL CAN'T GET IT INSTALLED. THEY ARE TRYING TO GET SOMEONE TO LAY IT. BUT, THEY SUPPOSE TO MAKE THE ARRANGEMENTS FOR MY CARPET TO BE INSTALLED AS SOON AS IT HIT THE STORE. I AM SO TIRED OF THERE LIES, MY FURNITURE IS IN A RENT TRAILER I HAVE NO FURNITURE IN MY HOUSE. I HAVE TOOK VACATION DAYS EVERY TIME THEY SAY THE CARPET IS TO BE LAYED. THE DAY I *** I GET A PHONE CALL THEY ARE NOT COMING. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I AM READY TO SCREAM AND SCREAM.

Lowes review in Reseda, California: Pella door was not what we ordered

We ordered a door from the Lowe's in Mission Valley in San Diego. The door arrived and the installer did his job. Unfortunately when the home owner came home she found that it was incorrect. Now we have to go through the hassle of reordering it. The Pella door that came in 4 weeks later was the same as the one we originally got. The Pella "Rep" said he knew it when he went to pick it up. So he took photos of the door to show them what NOT to do. Now we have to wait another 2 weeks to get a third door. We have been through this before with Lowe's when we ordered cabinets, so we know we are in for a fight. For some reason they just do not communicate with the factory. The Pella "Rep" was courteous when he arrived the first time to look over the door and made copious notes. For whatever reason Pella did not follow his notes. They just shipped another door that was manufactured just like the first one. We are giving them the two weeks. If they do not deliver our door on that day we are removing the door and casing and taking it back to the store ourselves for a refund and getting a door from someone else. I can't wait to see the look on their faces when we walk into their store with a door and want our money back. We're done with Lowe's. No more. We are going to get everything at Home Depot or the new True Value hardware store that went in near Clairemont Square. Lowe's - You are horrible. You may be in the top 50 in the Fortune 500 but you are in the bottom 50 when it comes to customer service and integrity. You lost a 2 to 3 thousand dollar per year customer. You will never again have the pleasure of taking our money. To Lowe's shoppers - Be tough and do what we did. By allowing them too much time to try to fix problems they hope that you as a customer will give up and go away. Being tough is the only way to get them to change.

We bought a fiberglass Pella entry door to the tune of a just under $4000. (from a Pella store).

Because of the style had to get the mahogany woodgrain. Well much to our surprise when the door was delivered it had a pink color to it. Long story short the gel stain would not cover the pink, so after going around with Pella they had someone come out and stain the door for us to hide the RED appearance. Now we have a 4000.

dollar entry door that looks painted brown! Pella did not offer to refund any money, take the door back, did not apologize that we were not informed of color, and the salesman had no idea they came tinted pink! Pella does not stand behind their product or care about the customer satisfaction.

Would not ever buy another Pella product nor recommend them. Buyers beware!

Lowes Delivery to Disabled Man

I paid a delivery charge to Lowes of $59.00 for them to deliver 16- 8ft 2x6s, 8- 4x8 7/16 osb panels, 9- packs of 3 tier shingles, and about 6 -1lb boxes of assorted nails. The clerk asked me where they should stack it and I asked her to please have them unload it next to my storage shed, which sits back about 15 or 20 yards from the driveway. She said that would be no problem. Also Home depot has always unloaded my supplies there with no problem. I paid the delivery charge because I am 100% disabled and I should not be trying to lift and carry any of that. If I try to move any of that I suffer terribly for it. I ordered the supplies on friday and the delivery came midday on Saturday. My wife and I were there to meet the delivery driver. He was planning to unload the supplies in my driveway. I explained that he was supposed to stack it next to my storage shed. He said; and I quote, "We never unload the material anywhere we cannot back up to" I told him the lady who sold it to me assured me he would stack it next to my storage shed and that Home Depot always did. He said if I would help him he would put it there. I said I am disabled and I am not supposed to be doing that. He wanted my wife to help him. So I helped him unload it. He was carrying a osb panel by himself and he was carrying a pack of shingles by himself but he needed me to help unload the truck. It made no sense at all. And I am still suffering for it the next day.

If you're disabled, what the *** are you doing buying building materials ? You're full of *** and just want something for nothing.

@LowesDriver

You don't have to build it. A brother or son could build a shed .

It's amazing to me the amount of people that reply to these posts that cannot put two coherent sentences together. It's very difficult to try and understand what some of these people are trying to say.

The charge is to pay for fuel, time to load product, ifta taxes, employee labor.etc. was product not able to be carried via all terrain fork truck on pallet? If not then standard to charge to hand carry per bundle/sheet by all lumber roofing building materials suppliers.

#442066

Delivery drivers and workers related to the construction industry often work very hard for relatively little pay. As mentioned previously, if you had explained your situation (politely) and offered a tip for his troubles, he may have been happy to help you out. In general, you probably cannot expect a delivery driver to have the time to do all of that work, let alone the will.

People amaze me,,,always wanting somthing for nothing..who in there right mind is going to carry that material 50 to 60 feet for nothing...if you would of said hey,,give you 25.00 to do it..***, he would of probrably done it...ask yourself what would you of done in his position.

I was just considering calling Lowes for a delivery. I am disabled and have also just had surgery.

My husband just lost his job, due to his disability. I am not going to be humiliated by being promised something by the SALES rep that something will be done by the DELIVERY Dept. Do anything to get the sale, once they have your money, nobody cares.

Do not need any more problems. Try and see if a locally owned business has the products I need, and will deliver them without passing judgement on my state of health, as well as keep their word.

I work for lowes delivery and I do stuff like that all the time I am not putting my name because they will fire me and I have to tell you that stuff gets old after a while you bust your but the coustomers complaine the hole time your at there house you kill your self to make them happy and for all your trouble you don't even get a thankyou to add to it your boss is on the phone to you all day long yelling at you we work 14 hour days with no lunch most of the time buy the way they take the 30 minute lunch from us weather we take it or not yes its illegal but if you say anything they just fire you so as you can see we have a lot to deal with so next time you about giving him a bunch of *** think about what it would be like to him for a day

Well you can do what I am doing - I bought a $350.00 door from Lowes and they wanted to charge me $79.00 for delivering it - I went across the street to Home Depot and am renting one of their trucks for $20.00 taking it back to Lowes - picking up the door and bringing it home - maybe they will get the idea :p

#119956

Most likely the delivery driver identified the fact that you are perfectly capable of carrying some boards. My amazing detective skills lead me to believe that you are not truly disabled. If you never, ever do anything but accept tax pay dollars then yes, you will be sore for awhile after actually getting some excerise.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

lol you expected this poor guy to carry all of those 2x4s and 4'x8' sheets of plywood and 9 bundles of shingles 15 to 20 yards by himself. He prolly has a wife and kids to take care of and your trying to injure him because some kid in the lowes store said they could do it. Nice.

As a Lowe's representative you should really perform a spell check on your responses in the future.

#20413

This is not standard pratice for a delivery.The sales assocate should have specified on the delivery direction the needs of the customer.As for the customer we do our very best to take care of you as long as we are aware of the situation.GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE is our primary goal.Espically in delivery.

Being disabled myself I understand the situation.

@Fred

Here is my answer. When a disabled guy pays for delivery so he won't have to carry, he shouldn't have to.

And for the *** who made a judgment on how disabled the guy was. I am him. I'm a disabled American veteran.

You should try doing something for your country *** and stop judging people you never met. You get injured in the service of your country and see how you feel about carrying packs of shingles when you paid to not have to do it

@Anonymous

I'm also a disabled veteran. I don't look disabled but I was shot then flipped in a tank and had my arms ripped off.

People judge all the time. They have no idea what a soldier goes through no clue what stress is.

I was paid 226.00$ a month before taxes was taken out. I would have tipped the driver but I wouldn't appreciate the the complaining.

View more comments (16)
Loss

Lowes review in Las Vegas, Nevada: Employees abuse customers and store covers it up

I was getting measurements for my contractor of bathroom sinks a large pediestal and a small guest room. I was told "your plumber is dumb all sinks are the same". I then asked for help anyways to make sure. The employee started throwing sinks and toilets 16 feet away and when I tried to run I got hurt. As I left, he then threw and crashed over 20 other sinks, toiltes etc. I was running to get help. The sound was terrifying. All I could think was he had gone crazy "postal or culinbine". The store employees from the nursery area at the other end of the store came running and could hear the crashing. I asked the store manager to call the police she wouldn't "we'll handle it in house"? The man was crazy? I was up front by the cash registers crying and getting a cold pack for my leg. Still requesting the police. I was again denied the right to get a police officer. Now LOWES says nothing happened and only one sink fell. Oh! by the way Lowes says "there are no cameras in the store" and I need witnesses? The whole store heard the crashing. There were witnesses. Store employees were directed into a group for discussion and hushed. We saw all of this. So who protects the consumer from irate employees when the store wants to cover it up? If an employee does go "postal or crazy" who protects the consumer. Who protects the cvictim from and over worked, pressured employee? NO one the store is only worried about liabiliy and coverup. AND they lie that there are no cameras in the store areas or the cash register areas. COME ON GUYS there had to be cameras in case you are robbed.... DUH! I now tell everyone that you are not safe in their stores and I no longer shop there.

it was YOUR store JERRY.

Guys, the reason he did not call the police is because he is making it up and knows that they police will charge him with making a false report and wasting their time. He could have easily went to a pay phone and dialed 911, it is free to call for emergancy.

He is either doing this for laughs or she was fired from Lowes.

Maybe she or he is the one that was on steroids or worse and got fired for drug abuse. This whole letter spells drug user.

That's insane. I'm a good sized 215 pound man and those things are a pain just to pick up and put on a truck...

Doubt it's true, but if it was you call the police yourself the first chance you get.

There's cameras and other customers in the store. It would be a pretty open and shut case if something crazy like that happened, lol.

Why is this incident not on the news? Why are you the only person reporting it?

If many people witnessed it as you say there would be many people saying the same thing. I don't believe a word you say. Why didn't you call the police yourself? No cell phone?

Leave and call from home, pay-phone, nearby business. Why didn't anyone call the police? I am a contractor and frequent Lowes and HD, I carry a cell phone as does many (most) lowes customers, but none of them called?

If this happened and made as much noise as you say, and there were that many witnesses, I AM SURE that a number of them would have had cell phones and could have called. But oh yeah, it never happened...

Oh my god! This is horrible...steroid raging employees...And oh my god! They only hire people from Culinbine...and btw WHAT IS THAT?

Did I miss something in the bill of rights? Cause I do not remember that it says you have a right to use someone else's phone to call the police when SUPER HUMAN employees launch 75-125lb items SUPER HUMAN lengths at you.

Every Lowe's must be like this...LOOK OUT AMERICA...here comes Lowe's to kill you with TOILETS AND SINKS! And if you don't get nicer, maybe they'll throw a vanity cabinet or a TRACTOR at you.

A word of advice...don't shop in a grocery store...that may be where he gets his next job...oh god the thought of having turkeys launched at you from 200 ft away...

All of these things are just as easy to throw 16 feet away.

If you ask me, the only way a person could throw a toilet 16 ft would be if they were using steroids......which would explain the sudden anger the employee showed (roid rage). It sounds like the police didn't need to be involved here....this is a case that needs to be investigated by the United States Senate....maybe then something will get done.

Some advice for you.....a basic cell phone plan costs what? 10, 15 per month.

If you have a cell phone, you don't have to ask someone to call the police....you simply get it out of your pocket and dial 9-1-1. Makes things simple and easy.....like throwing toilets.

Yes you can throw a toilet 16 ft what was the store #

Sounds to ME like a bunch of *** PLEASE, throwing toilets 16 ft, !!?? FIRST, I work at a home improvement store and throwing toilets 16 ft.

isn't possible. 2nd, if you had to listen to all the whining from *** like you, you'd be throwing the toilets AND the *** with them. Get a frickin' life !

...oh yeah, having cameras that cover every inch of a 125,000 sq.ft.

building wouldn't be possible, unless you had, uh, maybe 1000 - ***. But I'm sure they were lying! I'm sure they were trained in on the Toilet Dept.

just in case an employee goes postal. (and it's Columbine)

And which Lowes was this?

View more comments (8)
Service
Lowes Manager

Lowes review in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Washer broke seven days ago and is still broke

My new washer that I just bought from Lowes Route One in Lewes Delaware, broke seven days ago. They sent someone out to take a look at it. The service man said it would take another four days for the part to come in. On top of that it would take another three to four days for them to get back out to take care of it. I feel Lowes does not honor their contracts, they dont worry about the inconvieninces that you go through. As a consumer I would not purchase anything from a Lowes Hardwear store because you will get screwed. I feel as a consumer if a company promises you something they should have to honor their words. Thank you I hope you all take this seriously cause I would not like to see this happen to you. Joseph Kupchinski

I doubt any of you read your terms and conditions. Many of you don't even know how insurance/warranties/contracts work, but you'll *** and moan about the service that your not paying for.

Next time, don't buy the plan, wait just as long for service, and pay for it yourself. The plan basically is there to pay for the service. I used to work for Service Advantage, and guess what..90% of you have absolutely no idea what you were covered for, or what you were actually entitled too. Thats not our fault, thats your fault.

I've bought plans, and since I am an EDUCATED consumer, who takes the TIME to know what I'm buying, I've never had a problem getting things fixed through warranties or contracts.

And to those of you who think calling and screaming will get things accomplished...I have news for you. IT WONT!!!!! The plan is not there to make special exceptions.

And EVERYONE wants a special exception. The plan is not there to replace your machine because of YOUR situation. And if you would take the time to read the terms and conditions you'd know when you're eligible for replacement. I got so *** sick and tired of being disrespected every single day.

Especially when I have went OVER above and beyond for many of you to make sure your "problems" were taken care of. I have received numerous commendations from people and you know why..........They let me help them. That's the problem. You don't let us help you.

And what's with raising *** when the rep you talk to doesn't give you their last name or other personal information? Company policy PROHIBITS them from giving that out. And even if they COULD, it would still be a personal choice. There is nothing saying they would HAVE to give you that information.

That is information that you DO NOT need to have. So next time you call with a problem keep this in mind. They are there to help you. But they can only help if you want to be helped.

Also think about how you treat the rep that takes you call. If you were in their chair, would you appreciate being screamed and cussed at for nothing you did? No? Then DON'T DO IT!

If you call in expecting a bad time you'll get it. It's all up to you what kind of experience you have.

Lowes warranty service is a joke. I sympathize with you.

We purchased their extended protection plan on a Maytag refrigerator and thus far it has completely quit working 4 times. Each time it is the same problem, they have to replace the electronic unit that controls the temperature and the compressor. The most recent breakdown occurred on June 21st and it is still not fixed. First the parts weren't available, then when the repairman attempted to install them after they finally came in, sparks shot out of the back and it short-circuited the outlet it was plugged into.

He declared it 'not repairable' and contacted Lowes. According to the warranty terms they are supposed to pick it up and issue us a gift card in the amount that we paid for the refrigerator. That was 3 weeks ago and they have yet to do anything.

So I say again, their 'protection plan' is a complete joke and a waste of money. We have no choice but to use the gift card they provide, if we ever receive it, but we will NOT ever buy another extended protection plan from them.

What do you want from them? They are fixing it.

The transmission went out in my 06 truck, fixed under warranty, but I was without the truck for almost 2 weeks. Don't harp on Lowes because you expect them to fix it that very day?

Be realistic, as THEY ARE FIXING IT!!!

I agree with the above post about the age of your machine. How "new" is it?

Did u buy a service plan from them? If you didn't then it is a MANUFACTURER's DEFECT!!!

Hence, you should call the manufacturer. If retailers wasted time and money to check EVERY SINGLE item that came through their store...then you would NEVER be able to afford them.

Oh, and I notice that you didn't even say how long ago you bought the washer....New can mean different things to different people. New can be last year...in which case your warranty is up. So next time when you're asked if you want to buy a longer warranty...maybe you should think twice about it. Its the MANUFACTURER that gives a *** warranty...and that is from EVERY MANUFACTURER in the WORLD!!!

View more comments (3)

Troy, Al Lowes under *** poor wal-mart manager

This store is unbearable(Troy, AL) . How can you put a Store Manager who knows nothing about home improvement in charge of a home improvement store? David Rountree not only is a blithering ***, he treats his employees like *** He uses threats and intimidation to get what he wants done, done. Almost all the good employees ran off, along with the customers who were coming here for the year before he arrived. Anybody left is so depressed from working here, they might as well be working for Wal-mart. Saddest thing is the district manager, Michael Bowman, knows he is a ***, knows he doesn't know what he is doing. Yet, Bowman is letting the people of Troy,Al suffer because he is the *** *** that hired him!!

I wanted to commend Lowes on the great job they did at local Boys & Girls Club in Troy AL. It is sad that one employee who gives bad service can mess up the reputation of the store.

A store who does so much work for free could not be that bad. Sorry, I can't write a complaint.

Great Job Lowes in Troy, AL! :grin

#199297

I have had some problems with Lowe's in Troy, but the good outweighs the bad. Many of their employees are really decent at the job they do.

As for me and my house, we will continue to shop at Lowe's in Troy.

You just simply have to overlook ignorance. This is true anywhere you go, not just confined to Lowe's.

Seriously tru2god2 u should be slapped for saying somethign so ignorant. wow.

i live in alabama and just because its in the country doesnt me we all wear overalls and no shoes. where have you been under a rock?? Mobile is a giant growing town full of up and coming industry and im sure one day u will be begging to work in one of our giant coorporations we have moving to Mobile Alabama. yes alabama.

ur very ***. and im guessing ur from up north so i guess that makes u an *** right.

a nose in the air unintelligient wanna be brat. very sad.

tru2god2

ALABAMA ? WHAT THE HECK DO YOU BUNCH OF BACK WOODS FOLK KNOW ABOUT HOME FURNISHINGS.

HECK THATS LIKE LARRY THE CABLE GUY GOING TO MACY'S.

YALL GO DOWN TO THE CREEK AND GET YER SELF SOME MUD SOME STICKS AND SOME ROCKS ! NOW THERE BE SOME GOOD OLE ALABAMA HOME FURNISHINGS...

The Lowes in Troy since it's conception was poorly managed. They didn't even train their employees properly on the thin clients because the store wanted to skip some training and break the record for setting up a Lowes store faster than any other.

They essentially threw the employees to the sharks.

I work at the pavilion Lowes in Dothan and just from stopping by in previous months at the Troy store, many of the employees are clearly not trained the way management should be training them. It's too bad such a nice store and a nice town have to have such awful managers.

New to the area,and it was a nitemare from day one when I walked in the place.Needed flooring for home and payed deposit,and no one showed up at my home,called and finally went to store and begged for my deposit back.. and my special orders x2 was placed on shelfs,after they said it was not in yet after a week and a half..Find things they have when employees say they don't carry stuff.Product you carry but you don't have installers to put it in...dahhh.so why do you addvertise it to be installed....I realize when I go to your store,to make sure I have plenty of time so I can scout out and look threw stuff,for what I need,a one man team that I am.Love the extra change I get back each time...

The only thing Bowman cares about is his big bonus check by letting Roundtree run the store with as little help as possible!

Bowman should have gotten the boot too.

As of 5/23, D Roundtree is no longer in the employ of Lowe's. The Troy Al store will be under new management.Roundtree was unceremoniously given the boot.

Even in retail, poor human behavior will catch up with you. Treating people with dignity and respect is a fundamental necessity. Often, retail mgmt requires contempt for others, skills in abuse and exploitation, deceit, and a sense of absolute power.

Will upper mgmt ever recognize the true power of treating people right (as it is always spelled out in their employee handbooks--on the first page)? May the new mgmt lead to real success for all!

If the Contractor is like most I've know around here he doesn't give a ***. His momma probably set him up in business and he's probably a worse employer that Lowes.

That's how they get rich, paying people nothing and winning through intimidation. *** hole is a proud title for them.

You sound like somebody who worked there and got fired by this guy. Being a contractor I shop at both lowes and HD extensively, but have no idea who the managers are much less some district manager.

Just admit you were a *** employee and deserved to be fired.

View more comments (9)
Service
Lowes Manager
We had recently needed to replace a Water Heater and after we had a plumbing service come to give an estimate, ($1400.00, plus extra for electrician to do the hookup) this would have probably have come to more than $2000.00 to complete the job, so we decided we could...

What happened to that man was outrageous and Lowes behavior was pathetic. I will not be hiring anyone from Lowers for any work.

That man was contacted only because Lowes had posted him as the person their store used to complete an installation. They should have found someone to do right for this person. Looks like as soon as money is given to Lowes they don't care about the customer. Lowes has horrible customer service when I go there and ask about anything really.

That's if I can even find someone to talk to. They all act like I am a bother for stopping them to ask where something is.

I came on this site looking for a water heater and was also going to have my shower updated. I won't hire someone from Lowes.

View more comments

Lowes review in Dallas, Texas: Lowe's Kitchen Cabinet Dept Sucks

My husband and I have redone kitchens before but never with Lowe's. This time we decided to give it a try. NEVER again. First, it took weeks for the designer to finalize our drawings (and we spent HOURS in the store with him trying to get it done but he was inexperienced with the software). Second, once the cabinets finally came it took over a week for the installers call to schedule an appointment to come verify delivery. (I spoke to the Lowe's people several times a week and they had the delivery date weeks in advance. This delay was Lowe's fault) Third, the finally came to inspect the cabinets and several were the wrong cabinet! Cabinets had been ordered that the salesperson had liked, not what WE wanted. Now we are asking cabinet maker to rush replacements (more cost!) Fourth, we were going to get our counter top from them so we asked them to send out the installer to measure. An older man showed up and took measurements I could have given him over the phone, then told me it would be another week for them to come and make a template and THEN another 6 weeks for the counter top to come in. I told them to cancel it and we found a local store that could have it done in 2 weeks. Fifth, we also ordered appliances from Lowe's and the kitchen cabinet guy had the nerve to "scold" me for ordering through the appliance department instead of directly through him. And last but not least, we had used a 10% off coupon to make our cabinet purchase and the cashier gave us 10% off the total instead of off of only $10,000 (which I guess is policy) and so the Lowe's cabinet guy got less commission and he was mad at us!! He actually complained to us about this error!! How unprofessional! I find that no one knows what anyone else is doing, the cabinet people are over worked and inexperienced, and for the $14,000 we spent, we are very unhappy with the experience and will NOT be shopping there again. Flower Mound, TX

I had a bad experience with the delivery of a washer and dryer. Bounced down the stairs becuse the deliverers "forgot' their straps and dolly at their last house, then they did not hook up the hose correctly and my basement almost Flooded--Mnagement made it right within 2 days without any problems--now I am leary about buying bathroom vanities after what I have read!!!!Yikes!!

I'm having the same problem with Lowes in Hillsborough NJ so it's not just a regional problem. I'm redoing my kithcen so I ordered cabinets, flooring, and the countetop from Lowes. The wrong grout color was installed and they offered to stain it and said someone would be calling me about it but despite my calls, no one has called to schedule the fix.

The quality of the Kraftmaid cabinets was fine, but Lowes gave the installer the wrong date for when the cabinets were going to be installed. That caused another week delay after waiting an initial 6 weeks. There were also issues with Lowes coordinating the sink I watned with the countertop installer.

It's been a HORRIBLE experience and I will never shop at Lowes again. I'd rather pay a little more somewhere else because it's just not worth dealing with them. Lesson learned!

@Victoria

I do not want to relive my horrible experience with lowes cabinet department. They are so inept.

I made them redo the cabinets after the granite was put down. I told them education is not free.

They are totally careless and so are the employees they hire as contractors. They are looking for an easy paycheck

#119757

I think its funny ..."judging by these posts I wont go there now either" you wont see any positive posts on here..because..well read the name

I HAVE HAD A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THE SHANONDOAH CABINET CO. THAT MAKES CABINETS FOR LOWES, MY HUABAND AND I ARE REMODELING OUR KITCHEN SO WE ORDER CABINETS FROM LOWES THROUGH THIS CO.

FIRST OF ALL IT WAS 3 WEEKS LONGER THAN THEY TOLD US WE WOULD GET OUR CABINETS, WHEN WE FINALLY GOT OUR CABINETS WE HAD 18 PIECES IN THE BOXES 10 OUT OF 18 WERE BROKEN SO BAD THERE WAS NO WAY WE COULD USE THEM ,WE CALL THEM AND THEY WANTED US TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE CABINETS AND SEND TO THEM, MY HUSBAND WAS VERY UP SET AND FIRM WITH THEM THEY SENT A REP. FROM THE COMPBANY TO OUR HOUSE 2 DAYS LATER THEY COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT KIND OF CONDITION THE CABINEST WERE IN THEN THEY TELL US YOR NEW CABINET WILL BE REPLACED IN 5-6 DAYS ONCE AGAIN THEY HAVE LIED TO US NOW OUR CANINETS WILL NOT BE HERE TO US FOR 2-3 MORE WEEKS WE CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE DOING THIS TO US OUR KITCHEN IS A MESS WE ARE LIVING OUT OF BOXES THAT HAVE OUR DISHES AND COOKING EQUIPMENT IN THEM, SO BE WARE OF THE SHANONDOAH CABINET CO.

sometimes people should think about situations in their own jobs when mistakes have been made. sometimes its not only the salesperson faults.

people are stubborn & pig headed & don't realize people working retail have feelings & LIVES just like everyone else. obviously when it comes to an install or fabrication issue its hardly ever something a customer service person can snap their fingers & fix. these stores are open 363 days a year. when your home celebrating holidays with family & friends - they are working taking care of miserbale people who dont even appreciated their time off.

stop all the *** & moaning. get over it.

mistakes are made & im sure you've had a bad day or two & have not treated people exactly right! :upset

@mel

1) no one in the US is asked to work 363 days a year

2) when you make a purchase, in particular one worth thousands of dollars, there should be an expectation that the goods are delivered with the quality and in the timeframe that they were promised

3) living without a kitchen for weeks a time is a tremendously stressing experience

and about the winning and complaining... Have you carefully read your own post?

Cindy

I too am having a big problem with Shenadoah cabinets that I had my contractor order. Sizes were messed up, finish isn't good on some of them, pieces not even ordered by the designer.

And of course Lowes designer takes no responsibility on any of the mistakes. Here is week before Christmas, and since it's an upper corner cabinet they messed up, that prevents the rest of the cabinets from being installed. Their solution: build a box and slide the cabinet in it! Real professional, right?

After spending between $10,000 - $15,000 for cabinets, countertops, flooring, and supplies, I will never shop at the Liberty, MO Lowes ever again. And from the way this thread is reading, the other stores aren't much better.

I find that very sad as I always loved shopping there and it was usually cheaper then Home Depot. :(

#61980

Varies from store to store just like every other retailer out there. Sometimes you will find good people sometimes bad its just how it is.

Im dept manager of Appliances/Cabinets and luckily the two appliance guys I have have 10 and 12 years experience and 15years for myself. Same length of experience for my cabinet guys, but the next lowes about 15 miles from us the appliance and cabinet people for the most part are all new :p

www.lowes-lawsuits.com

i really want to work there. maybe i will be good.

My Husband owns a Contrating Co. and your story sounds all to familiar to me.

He will NOT work for anyone that orders there kitchen cabinets or counter tops from LOWE's. I have a sister and a niece the work there and they both tell me how incompetent the sales people are.

Who are they hiring anyway? All I can give them credit for is that they ARE good looking sales people...and that's IT!

View more comments (11)
Review

Lowes review in Indianapolis, Indiana: Does anyone work here?

I live in Indianapolis and shop at the store on 10th street about two to three times a week. With the spring like weather upon us I decided to start my outdoor projects. I have had good experiences in the past with the millwork and plumbing staff so I expected the garden staff to do the same. The problem was that there was NO staff. I had to go into the plumbing department to seek out a red vest. Luckily the same guy who helped with my bathroom project was there and remembered me and apologized for my frustration. I almost went elsewhere. How can you run a business and not have employees to help customers? There had to easily be 25 or 30 customers in the outside area and only a cashier in sight. I do not plan on continuing my project with Lowes this summer. Home Depot is just as far and I can spot orange aprons from the parking lot.

Been on the hold for 15 minutes to ask if they have inner tubes for lawn mower tires. I've only talked to the same young lady at the front desk.

I'm picturing a giant empty box with one person working there. About to hang up and call home depot.

I work for Lowe's.IF YOU shop that offten AND are a contractor get An AR acct, call ahead to the contractor DESK, and it will be pulled and waiting for you

I do work for Lowes now and I see the store understaffed. BUT, this is a fact of American business.

Before I worked in retail I saw the same thing in manufacturing. Slash staff to the bone and work the longer and harder.

Our business culture is to blame. Cut costs to maximize profits

Who said anything about plants? You did........because you obviously didn't read correctly so let me clarify.

I am a contractor and have been for about 15 years (Remember when you assumed I wasn't?). I was also trying to buy a skid of block to install a new driveway and the selling shelf was empty. (Probably because there was no staff........see original entry)There was however plenty in topstock for which I needed assistance.

It's obvious to me that you know everything but let me humbly offer you some advice. Read carefully from now on and base your replies on what is written.

Customer: Hello will this plant fit in my front yard?

Lowes: Yeah

Customer: Ok good, I don't want to buy one that wouldn't fit.

Come on, do you really expect a bunch of employees to hold your hand while you buy plants?

It's not like asking an employee to assist you finding the right parts for your toilets.

I don't believe you about the 2-3 times a week, people who shop with that kind of volume (contractors) never really seek out assistance.

If you want someone to hold your hand while buying plants, go to a nursery.

Not only are they understaffing, so store managers and above can drive their new bass boats and gas guzzling, i really have no use for it, it just looks cool, trucks, but the introduction of call buttons has put a new strain on the overworked employees. When i WAS a department manager( I STEPPED DOWN) i was written up for call buttons not being answered within 45 seconds( on my day off).

So Lowes is now understaffing and blaming the employees for not having enough help. (Call buttons are those automatic buttons that go off over the PA system, do not go off until another button is pushed , but also are recorded at the lowes headquarters)

I worked at Lowe's in 1992 to 1995 when Lowe's was still a family (mom and pop) type of place to shop. This was my first "real" job in life and I'll always remember it as one of the greatest places I've ever worked... until it changed hands and went super corporate.

It seemed like over night we had all new employees, three times the bosses and four times the upset customers. So I quit. I was in Lowe's recently and had the same experience, I went up front to ask for help, they called someone... waited on the isle, finally went to the paint department, they called someone... I waited there for him to show.

I must admit, I'm extremely patient and the gent that helped me was very nice, but I think they just understaff these days. Is a shame.

:sigh I miss the home type feel in "Home Improvement" :sigh