Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Lowes in Roseburg, Oregon - Lowe's sour relations

Lowe's corporate never fully underestimated the value of a potential new customer. I'm a business owner having over 75 million in annual sales, recently bought a fourth farm and 2,500 acres. Yesterday, I went to a local Lowe's for a purchase. I asked their department sales rep for a quote on 300,000 of product at volume discount. He gave me an instant nasty look and said "hey just WTF is this, who are you?" He didn't realize who so I told him, he didn't believe and walked off like an ***. I went to the manager and the employee *** his pants when he discovered who he just blew. I love it. The United States of America ya must Love it or Leave it!
Sapphirerain91

*** WAH WAH WAH! Who the *** CARES if you bought some many such and such acres?

Just cause you got money honey doesn't mean you can make us a doormat. Hit the road next time.

Yeah, I totally agree with the posters here. If Mr.

300K came into my Lowes, I'd say "Thank you, sir" and quote him the price i give ALL my customers, whether they spend 300K or $300. And quite frankly, I'd be more inclined to give a break to the poor guy who can only go the $300 than Mr. Deep Wallet who can afford the cost, he just wants to let everyone know how "important" he is, or thinks he is. No doubt he's compensating for something else that's rather small....And yeah, those clowns come into our Lowes EVERY morning, fill up on the free coffee, spill it down their shirts, scratch themselves, then leave to go down to the next home improvement place for their free coffee and doughnuts.

Then ya know what?

by then it's lunch time, more BSing @ McDonalds, tootle around in their pickem up truck and before ya know it, it's quittin' time. Yep....Gotta get home to that 6-pack and get ready to repeat tomorrow morning.

This guy has no job and wants to *** people off and get his FREE cup of coffee. Probably homeless *** with no life

Being a contractor I spend a lot per month there, but then so do a lot of other people. People who toot their own horn and say I spent X amount of money there, didn't, and want people to think they are important.

I am in both lowes and HD nearly everyday, I know the people at both they know me, if you spent that much they would know you too, you lie.

By the way if you were buying 300k of 1 item you would buy directly from the manufacturer, so stop lying and leave us real contractors alone, you just clog up the store, *** off employees and in general make my life harder. Get bent.

I seriously doubt anyone *** their pants" and I also question the 300K. I'm willing to bet that you're one of the guys who goes into a Lowes store every morning and tries to beat someone up on a price and then leaves afte your second or third cup of FREE coffee without buying anything.

i hate *** customers who say "i spend $300000 a month in this place!" yeah dude! so ***! it happens everyday...

300k? huh.

Your complaint lacks details. Lowe's stopped selling cattle back in the 1950's, perhaps that is what confused the employee.

View more comments (6)

Our lowes experience

My wife and i were at the store in osage beach mo, shopping for items for a remodel home that we have purchased. We were in the small appliance area heading to the check out counters when my wife accidently bumped into an employee there. there were two employees walkiing side by side and my wife walked into one of them and the man said move people. at first i thought it was a joke but by his actions and things said beyond that it clearly was not. One of the things i heard him say were this is why i would rather work the night crew. no customers... after that we left all of our items in the cart and left. i did not see his name on his uniform but he was a very tall heavyset man. due to this problem we had we will never shop at lowes again.

I just wonder how much your wife weighs... 3-400 lbs? I mean, most people can sidestep others, but if your wife ends up running into the guy - then that must be a whole lot of woman....

#20215

he would have said he was sorry for saying it, or I would have beat his sissy ***!!! then gave him a one on one lesson in how to be polite to a woman who meant him no harm, in the parking lot .I bet his father has also taught him how to drink beer and beat his future wife.

View more comments (1)

Lowes in Tampa, Florida - Lack of Cashiers at Lowe's

At 10:30 AM at Lowe's Winter Haven Store, there were no customer cashiers on duty except one in customer service. There were self-service cashier not operating propertly. Upon speaking to the store manager Steve McPherson, he was not concerned, imoplite and said to use the cust. svc. cashier, who was very busy and distraught. Very poor customer relations at this store. This is not the first complaint I've had with Lowe's in the Winter Haven, Fla Store. P. Stringfellow, 863-294-3673. Call me anytime to hear it personally. Paul Stringfellow, 1-863-294-3673

Try Menards

I've had the same problem with Lowe's and Home Depot.

But you know what..

I got over it.

Try it sometime pal!

Whey would you shop at a store you had so many problem with??? Move on try Home Depot..

View more comments (2)
Lowes Cashier

Lowes in Buffalo, New York - Lowe's does not honor its' own return policy

I bought an item at one Lowe's store and tried to return it the next day at a different Lowe's store. The item ( a makeup mirror )was in perfect condition in it's original wrapping and carton accompanied by my credit card receipt. Store # 2 refused the return because that particular store did not stock that item. Lowe's stated return policy as seen on their website specifically states "return to any Lowe's store". That is not true. Their policy statement needs to be modified to read " if it is convenient for Lowe's". Then it would be true. My convenience be damned.
#1195587

you sound like a bawl *** whining about everything and why would you return something to a different Lowe's store than it was first purchased?

First of all you cannot control a specific persons actions or judge it off of a few people for a company that is all over the country with thousands of employees u can counteract with a rude employee at any store you walk into the sun will rise again tomorrow don't worry and customers need to not work themselves up so much about materialistic items that can easily be replaced if you didn't like a persons attitude take their name and report that person to their manager it's simple and they will be talked to and maybe they will change If not they will face the circumstances but it's such a general statement to say that associates have attitudes and are rude because the actual good employees Never get acknowledged for their hard work and they start not to care if the managers don't care then the employees will follow their lead bad managers cause for bad employees and no recognition cause for resentful employees which hurts customer service if you have a happy environment with helping people and they hire people and train them well then things would go a lot smoother customers and employees would in turn be a lot happier

Actually it depends on ur bank how long it takes to credit back if it was a debit card we can give u cash back no problem but we can't tell u the exact days it takes for u to get credited back so relax yourself

lowes ***

If it's not in their system they can't just add it in. If it's non stock to that store how do you expect it to be done? It's easier to go back to the store you bought it from

#962044
@Anonymous

There is ZERO customer service at Lowes. I hate to tell you but Lowe's is NOT independently owned or operated.

They are a corporation ! They CAN send the item to the store that does stock the item IF they cared about their customers. Then this discussion would NOT be happening. But they do NOT care at all about their customers.

They hire some of the laziest, rudest people on the planet.

I honestly have NO idea with there lack of concern for customer satisfaction how their doors are still open. Oh and BTW thus topic was a very MINOR experience to the one I have had with Lowe's

@Anonymous

I called to get info so I would not waste a drive. I was hung up on 5 times.

Finally I get a person, instead of their rotten voice ***, and she says, I'm busy with a customer...........what am I a piece of ***............it cost them a pretty large sale............will never deal with them again. Oh, the clerk was Laura, at the 2929 W Thunderbird, phx, az, store.......If I had EVER done that to a client I would have been fired before I could take another breath........So I totally agree with Anonymous, from Ocala, Fla

@Just not worth their time

Why do you feel you are more important than the customer than she was helping? How would you feel if you were in the store being helped and another customer stepped between you and the salesperson that was help you and the salesperson started helping that person?

Do you think your phone call was any different?

She did the right thing wanting to finish with the customer she was working with before answering your questions. Your attitude is extremely rude.

@Anonymous

You sound like a Home Depot employee, your customer service skills (you don't have any) need to be addressed, preferably when they fire your ***!

@Anonymous

To the dippy one chastising with no commen sense. Anyone trained properly knows one transaction at a time.

If she was dealing with a customer she shouldnt have answered the phone to help another. And using the butting in line analogy totally made u look ***. Hence how was the caller to know she was servicing someone else. The employee answering the phone put the caller in front of the customer.

Id rather that phone ring like crazy as a customer. Because i know then your busy.

Then have some rude *** hang up on me repeatedly.

@Anonymous

The phone will get answered to keep it from sining and being a disturbance. I'll bet the person complaint was asked to hold but felt she was so important she needed immediate assistance. Her demand to be serviced before the customer already being assisted was the equivalent of butting in line.

Yes, lowes return policy sucks, i do tons of business there but don't keep all the receipts and they wont let me return… then you call for a number to get it fixed and they cant help me find the number.

@***ks

Get a mylowes card and you won't need to keep reciepts

Now do not buy any book from Lowe's because it is not refundable even I have bought it less than a week and still in new condition.

@JFreak

you read it....no brainer no return for you

well, both lowes and home depot are great companies to me. walmart, costco, ...

all good companies.

i'm from china. impossible to return anything to any company over there

I worked for Lowes for seven years until I got burned out with retail. Yes there are bad employees and sometimes the return policies are not followed. I know when I worked the loading docks many times we took back lumber that wasn't even ours. We did it as a courtesy and knew we would resell it anyway.

I wish I had the space here to tell you how many customers tried to rip Lowes off. From a woman bringing back a window air conditioner that not only was not a Lowes model, not only did it have green mold it which indicated it was quite old but it had a bullet hole through the unit. Then there was the roofing contractor we had to stay with until he left the gate because we found out he was stealing shingles after we left him. The customer who came in with an empty trailer and left with it carrying nearly 100 2x4's when he only paid for 50. He said he had miscounted. Then of course there was the customers who would bring back lawn equipment after the summer because they claimed it didn't work anymore. They didn't want to store them over the winter and we'd see them come back the next spring to buy a new one only to return it in the next fall.

Ask anyone who has worked at a return desk or at the loading docks at Lowes and they'll tell you much the same.

Since leaving Lowes I have had zero problem returning anything, even if it wasn't in the original container. They send much of the returned merchandise to the manufacturer who refurbishes it and resell it.

You can always go higher in the supervisory chain with a problem. There will be someone who says yes instead of no.

@former Lowes employee

I am currently a Lowes employee...yes, we see it all! And I totally agree, I work returns 75% of the time, and our policy at this store is the ONLY person that can say NO to a return is the Store Manager, well he sure isnt saying NO!

AND if it isnt ours or something we dont currently sell..we *item add* it into our system for resale! No matter which store they buy it in!

trying to return a electric task force lawn mower , used it 2 1/2 times , it judt stopped working , so we are stuck with this broken mower , had it for three months , may have to take my future purchases to home depot , not even a store credit to get a new mower would have bought on the spot ?? !!!

@long gr***

go to home depot. omgosh no one cares really. trust me you won't hurt the business.

@long gr***

Everyone uses this as an excuse. Nobody cares how many times you used it.

If you've had it more than 90 days the policy is not to take it back. Even if the thing is still in an unopened box.

Lowe’s of Athens on Epps bridge has always been great about taking items back with no questions asked. I have never had a problem with them as far as returns.

However at the first of this month I ordered a 34 ton electric start log splitter from them and as of today the 16th still have not received it. I am told that is was shipped late then that it was at the trucking company's warehouse and now I’m still siting by the phone waiting to hear something about the $2600 dollars that I spent with no log splitter in sight. If ya forgot to place the order then say ya forgot to place the order.

I’m thinking that for faster results I may start giving Home Depot some of my money and they are about 10 miles closer to home. :(

We bought a washer dryer combo with pedestals at lowes 1 1/2 years ago. The sales clerk talked us into an extended warranty program for $160 dollars.

" you will have nothing to worry about for 4 years. We will fix or replace your washer or dryer for 4 years." We have had to call and have it fixed three times. On the last visit, Lowes refused to fix it. When we contacted the store they informed us they would give us a store credit for $399.

When I asked why they would not fix it they stated that it would be cheaper to replace it. I asked where I could get a washing machine for $399, I was told I would have to Price shop. I stated that they should reinburse me for the pedestal since it was only for my washer and the customer service rep stated, "well you didn't have to buy the pedestal." I asked if this is how Lowes treats all thier customers. The customer rep stated that the warranty only covers the washer.

i informed the rep that the Lowes sales clerk said it was a replacement program, the service rep said it was my fault for not understanding the warranty. I said that Lowes should honor what the sales clerk told us since she never gave us an explanation of the warranty. She only gave us the cover sheet telling how to contact Lowes if you need service. The customer rep again said it was my fault for not knowing the warranty rules.

I said can you please tranfer me to your supervisor. I was told no. "I can ask if someone will call you back, but I can not guaranty they will. They are busy." I have been without a washing machine for 3 months now.

The one thing that keeps going through my head is, you didn't have to buy it. Trust me, I will NEVER spend as much as 1 penny in Lowes ever again. My company has bought 3 refriderators and 5 microwaves, since I had experienced this. We now deal with HomeDepot.

I am sure that if I had bought $1200 dollars of washing and drying machines and a warranty at HomeDepot, they would have appreciated it.

They would never have told me,"you didn't have to buy it." Please remember, Lowes thinks you didn't have to buy it, so don't. Other stores are much better and honor their customers.

@Very UnHappy

you cannot seriously be this crazy!...Home Depot sure does appreciate your money until something goes wrong. You bought a warranty for $160 and didn't read it???

shame on you....and as for the person you spoke to on the phone...yeah there are people that are just horrible but still you spend that much and don't read what you bought it is no ones fault then your own.

Also i can promise with how much you typed i am sure any manager is thankful to hear you say you are going to Home Depot. Enjoy their service...i will be waiting for your next post about them.

@Very UnHappy

Associate who told you that would have been reprimanded or fired at my store.

@Very UnHappy

You were obviously dealing with someone who didn't know what to do or just didn't want to help you out. But I've been working for lowes for 6 years at customer service and that's fine if you want to go to homedepot after a bad experience with lowes but we give you that service number for a reason so that you can call if you have any questions and inform yourself on the very expensive appliance you have purchased we have a no lemon guarantee u said it we fixed it three times!!! I would not be mad at lowes I would go after the manufacturer anyway we do return and exchange things for nice customers not rude ones that attack us that's not how u get what u want if ur patient we will do whatever we can to work around it to get u a working appliances trust me I've been through it hundreds of times

I was buying a sprinkler walking tractor and noticed that it had been opened and retaped.I questioned the person checking me out about why it had been retaped and she said it was nothing to worry about. I paid for the item with a personal check.

Guess what happened when I opened it, it had been used because there was dirt of the wheels and had no instructions. When we took it back, with the receipt, they let me return it. BUT, they would only give me a store credit. After, talking with department manager, she said this is normal policy, since I wrote the check.

After a short visit with the Store Manager, they are giving me my money back. I don't use Lowe's except in the spring when I need lawn supplies.

Now I won't use them at all! (I know they have to wait to get their money from the bank, but they use a company that verifies check when they accept them.)

@Not Happy

Yah u always have to wait atleast 24 hours some 3 days to get cash back that manager did u a favor if they did it before ur check cleared that's just life's policy no reason to get all upset at lowes for giving u a gift card for it when u just want to exchange it for an unopened one why would u buy a taped up one anyway I would've asked to open it to make sure everything is there instead of going back and forth and screwing urself and tell them not to put it back out on the floor because people return stuff and don't tell us hey this is missing something or i used it but I don't want it so that we can damage it out it's ok well still take it back because we have to

You probably purchased it with a check.

I bought a fan online and purchased the item with my credit card. The fan stopped working after 2 weeks so I returned it.

The store gave me a store credit card. I requested the money be refunded onto my credit card. They said no. I will never shop at Lowe's again.

They have poor customer service. :(

Lowes has the most lenient return policies and it's sickening, paint says non refundable, we refund it, someone bought a dolly, used it, and returned it. The one thing about the OP's post though is that lowes can take something back even if they don't stock it, the cashier may not have known how to add items into the system but that is still not an excuse as to why they turned you away.

I have not and never will return anything that I dont have a reciept for, cant remember How I bought it ect... If you know the above information than absolutly, return it with out a issue and smile while doing it. If you dont and you were not responsible enough to keep that information than suck it up and enjoy your item, you chose it, they are trying to run a profitable buissness, if you cant understand that you need to run a buissness on your own and be treated the same way, and grow up, getting on here and cursing and calling people names show just how intelligent you really are, have a great day

@Really?

Lowes thinks they are doing you a favor when they have to take a item back that did not work.

Up to today, Lowes has upheld their satisfaction guaranteed policy and taken back their merchandise even if I do not have a receipt. Today they refused to take back an item because it did not show up on my charge card, debit card or cash transaction.

The only other way I could have paid for this merchandise was with a 35.00 Gift Card that my Son gave me for my 75th birthday. They evidently do not have a way to track a transaction that was made by way of a gift card.

I shop at Lowes just about every day of the week and most days 2 or 3 times. Since Home Depot is next door and they have never failed to give me at least a store credit when I loose my receipt, I advised Lowes that I would no longer be bothering them with my purchases and that I would be shopping at Home Depot in the future.

I have e-mailed Customer Service of this situation and now I will see what kind of Customer Service Lowes gives.

@Tom McCallie

wow. Great reason to stop shopping at Lowe's.

LAYOL (laughing at you outloud) I mean seriously you shop that much and this is your biggest issue. Have fun walking throug Home Depot as their topstock is falling on the floor around you because they care nothing about safety or service.

See, the previous poster is a Lowes Associate and has attitude.

The associates may not care, but im sure the exec-suits do. One bad employee can impact a store. So when he says "dont let the door hit you on the way out". Well same goes for the employees....when they get layed off because their store closed.

It happened in my town, all Lowes employees had attitude, i mean major. I only went there when I knew EXACTLY what I wanted. Guess what, that store got closed. Even on the last day, they gave people attitude. Lowes is great, its the mostly young employees who are horrible.

Home depot may hire old people, but at least they remember what good customer service is.

1. Lowe's that I know Doesn't have a "Strict" Return Policy, We always Returning Empty Gallons of Paint, old door knobs that clearly came from customer old door, products that have came from Home Depot, Sears, ect.., we even returned an empty rolls of wallpaper and power tool cases with no power tool in it.

2. Lowe's only owns Kobalt company, they pretty much have a no hassle warranty for those products, as far as other products, their warranty are Manufacture warranty, if it broke or shut down within the warranty time, u have to consult with the manufacture. The Extended warranty we sell only extends the manufacture warranty, It doesn't mean to bring it back to Lowe's when it breaks down.

3. Lowe's worry about customers more that their employees, I get told off by customers all the time for no reason about something I never helped them on, and the managers always have their side, even when I on Vacation.

All Lowe's Probably don't honor their return policy, but the one I know Return anything, as long you bring a receipt , or cause a scene.

I don't mind returning items for people who only used it once and want to return it. I also don't mind returning something that was broken when it was sold.

What I can't stand are the people who take advantage and exploit loopholes in policy. I cannot speak for other stores, but my store has a very lenient return policy. There was a person who returned a custom order soap dish he purchased in 2008. We returned it in 2011 with no sass.

Even though it was not in the policy that we had to return it.

Some people just end up having a bad experience or have a bad store in their area. Sorry :'( Another part of the 'policy' that people over look is that

@EL Return Desk Jockey

I think it's pathetic that people use an item once and then return it, especially since the item would now be a used item and Lowes has to either 1) attempt to sell a used item as new, 2) sell it as used and accept they won't get full price for it. I've also heard of people that buy items, open the box, stuff it back in and return it, then later go and buy the same item when it goes back on the shelves at a reduced price.

And the fact is all these return policy abusers are costing me more money because obviously Lowes has to make it up somewhere, and that somewhere is by charging higher prices.

I purchased $500+ in hardwood flooring, three days after purchase I returned the items without any problem to the store where all items were purchased. The employee stated that my credit card would be credited for the refunded amount.

Great! I purchased the items I needed which was $700+ same day - paid cash... Four days later I am still waiting for the credit to appear on my card. I called Lowes and inquired about my refund.

The sales rep nonchalantly stated " It takes from two to ten business days before we release the funds". Wow, wish I had known that. I asked her why I wasn't told that. her *** answer was" Well, I guess you will have to wait".

Happy with the merchandise Lowes sells, my suggestion would be to re-educate their employees on customer service. Not Happy!

Lowes sold me a used, drilled through, knocked out panel. that is all.

i buy from lowes and i feel for the employees ,everybody wants a free ride ,cons ,thiefs , the more money they have the worse they act ,lowes sells products ,not rents them ,not let u use them and return them ,retail is *** when the public acts like the world owes them ,not!!!!!!

@***TRACTOR

This sounds like one of Lowes employee's this site is talking about.

I purchased an item and returned within the 90 day period WITH a receipt. I purchased with credit card but since that time I had closed that account.

I was told I HAD to take an instore credit and could not get cash back. How can Lowes force me to re-purchase at their store by forcing me to take a credit and not cash. Why even have a receipt if you are going to be given a store credit anyway? This was almost $300 and I don't have any reason to spend that much at Lowes now.

I was told this was due to people stealing merchandise and returning with a bogus receipt and asking for cash. Okay it does not make sense that Lowes will give them essentially free merchandise but not cash. The "head cashier" was an ***. Lowes got their money from my credit card, so why do they care if I get the cash back?

I am sick of paying the price for their ridiculous loss prevention policy. Home Depot -- same way.

@In Store Credit Policy is Unfa

The only way u could get around that is if ur accounts are linked then we can send it back to the cArd and it would link with ur account and u would have ur money back but if it's not linked where are we gonna pull the funds out of our ***? So u can be mad at ur bank for that or relax on ur first world problems u will be fine and the sun will rise again

I disagree with all the employees who say one should return it to the store you bought it at.That is a silly statement and a poor way to run a store. I may buy it when I am visiting my parents an hour away.

Then, get home and realize it is not the right fit or I do not like it.

Thus, return it to the nearest Lowes whether they carry it or not. Sorry, that is a national chain works why it is suppose to be better than a mom and pop shop.

First of all I would like to start off saying I hope the previous posters like there jobs at lowes. It seems they defend them quite well and are obviously upset with customers.

Well let me tell you something, if I worked for a company and I came out and slandered customers with foul language on a website , I would be fired!!! What the previous posters need to understand is all consumers research on the web and so do companys. If I owned lowes and read the supposed employees posts on here I would be on a headhunt to eliminate them from my employment field. I dont care how mad they make you, without customers lowes is nothing that is there number one business dumb*****.

If people dont shop there because of rude comments left by employees on websites then guess what? Thats right no JOB!! Wow whats even better is everytime you post something it can be tracked through your isp to your ip address.

Looks like I will be emailing customer care at Lowes. Nice work IDIOTS..haha LOL

@Doogetsat

Wow! I think you what people in general need to do is take a step back and realize what they are worked up about these are first world problems think about who you are yelling at for a second.

Maybe then can you really get an understanding of the affect you can have on a person and what they will remember you as just by that one interaction you had with them then maybe there wouldn't be a customer v.s employee war going on customers verbally abuse customer service associates daily and they just sit there and have to take it because "that's their job" that's not right! If you're a human being with feelings then I suggest you search for them before walking into a store of any kind and yelling at people for materialistic items that can easily be replaced. Think before you go on a rant and bash all employees of a major company with thousands of people who work very hard to run a not so easy industry.

It's all about perspective put yourself in the others shoes. #firstworldprobems

I do a lot of shopping at a lowes and i think they are pretty fair about their returns but some of the sales associates are just plain rude. These days sales associates can be rude, snappy, attitude because they hate their job, roll their eyes right at you and they will not have to face being fired for this behavior because the just blame the consumer for the problem.

I agree not all consumer are honest and nice but most of the time i think it is the associates that worsen the situations. And i think it is sad that a sales associate who is a good employ for them would think screw a customer and don't let the door hit them on the ____ on their way out!!!

Get over yourself people buy something use it and then return it... your right and its not a rent a center.

If you bought the item and it takes you more than 90 days to return guess what *** its yours. Don't know why it took you so long to return it keep, or sell it on ebay don't *** and complain that they don't want to return it. Also with non stock items are sold at a fraction of the price so if you try to return the system cycles it and and it goes back to full price so your telling me that you want to get full price for an item you paid for less that that.... two words for you *** and U!!!!!

Also I hate to hear contractors say I spend thousands.... get over yourself if you stop shopping there its not going to impact the store and no matter how pissed off you get you'll go back and they have good sales don't say you will never.... Also Lowe's makes it easy for you to return lose your receipt no problem your credit card is your receipt, if you paid cash give them your number same goes with paying by check so people. If you ever work returns most things get returned by people who only used it once and don't need it.

They deal with a lot of theft and *** from ASM telling them to return worthless *** so cut them some slack.... CUSTOMERS are not always right they just *** enough to get your way.... I would love to go to your job and *** you off and see how you like it...

and if you say your going to Home Depot, don't let the door hit your *** on the way out. No one cares, and no one will stop you.

Looks like this website should be called pissed retail workers instead of pissed consumer... Lowes sucks.

Most people who work there don't know anything. Besides if you want to be a big friendly retailer then that's fine, but be friendly. If you want to be a big company that doesn't give a *** about the consumers, then don't advertise like you do "Lets build something together"... BS Real slogan should be "Spend your money here".

Just tried to return a door.

Manager just said they changed the policy... Looks like I'm changing shopping locations.

as someone who works for lowes for multiple years, i can honestly tell you people are pathetic...........i am really surprised at some of the things we even return sometimes including even used toilet seats..........lets face it people.........just have your *** receipt and everything will go perfectly......if it didnt then its not the whole lowes chains fault but rather maybe that one individual who was rude at the store and its not right to blame the whole company for it.......we have had someone similar at my store but we took care of that person trust me.........lowes is very genourous and people do nothing but whine and whine......we have a very good return policy........theres really no reason why you should even return the itme at another store.........people just need to stop being lazy and do the right thing so it will make it easier on everybody.......and we do take items from another store.........lowes looses a lot of money because people keep returning stuff that they used and were happy with it but just being the stingy person they are want to still get their money back.

GO LOWES LOWES ROCKS ALL THE WAY

GO LOWES LOWES ROCKS ALL THE WAY

Lowe's doesn't always get their money back fro the manufacturer. Like someone said above, if its not broken most won't give credit to the store. You really should bring it back to the original store, its just easier that way, and you never would have run into this problem.

#242045

to builder bob you must have kept returning things whitout a reciept expecting cash for them the system will only let you use your licence for so many times before it kicks you out this system is in place to try to help keep the thieft of products from being returned to the stores. if you truly bought the items you should have gotten a reciept and if you are a contractor you should have your reciepts for your business my guess you are a thief

#242036

lowes has a 90 day return policy posted in bold letters at the return desk area basically anyone who can read should read it although most customers choose not to and think the rules do not apply to them, they are the exception to the rule. grow up and keep reciepts, make this process easier on yourself and the cashier.

#242031

i am so sick of hearing that the customer is always right. no they are not lowes bends the rules to accomidate their customers but lets get real people if you have a product shoved in the closet for 4 to 6 years with a reciept taped to it the dog peed on it and the cat scrached it up and the product is so outdated no one even knows what it is anymore dont return it its yours.

lowes will make returns with no problem ,but keep receits. every contractor spends thousands yeah right,it is not lowes rent a center .people buy ,use it then return it ,this is bs and no you are not always right. best thing for customers is get your *** off your shoulders and treat employees as people

I have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on products at homedepot and lowes, and I have mountains of receipts. It would take me days to sort through all those receipts and find the one that would allow me to return a specific item.

In the past, I have easily returned items and received store credit. This is still true for homedepot, but lately Lowe's has been refusing to return items or even look up receipts for me if the items were not purchased at their store. I live in a big city with many Lowe's sites and usually go to the nearest Lowe's to the job site or which ever one is closest at the moment. The convience of shopping at these store for the large amount of purchases I make as a contractor has been one of the reasons I have shopped at Lowe's, but as they are now refusing returns and providing inconsiderate customer service, I will probably take my business solely to Homedepot.

I doubt that the amount of money that the previous blog claims the store is losing will come close to the amount of money they have been making off purchases, after all isn't that why its called retail? Its not like I'm getting whole sale prices, but now they are giving me whole sale customer service.

#198656

I had to return something at Lowe's for very first time. The clerk was such a *** I won't ever shop at Lowe's again!

Did I have my rec? NO Tore my house apart lookin..grrr But I know I bought and paid for dang thing! The way she looked me up and down and the rude comments she made literally floored me. I'm pretty easy going person UNTIL someone for NO REASON becomes BEYOND RUDE w me!!

I was actually having crazy little visions of reaching over counter and grab ahold of her! saying HOW DARE YOU! grrrr LOL Raging lunatic? *** straight...

YES I KNOW I KNOW I'm sure you retail return people deal w alot of *** and heard every bs story ever told..BUT..not having your rec. doesn't automatically make you a criminal!! hmmmm or does it?

Not a very professional way to do or KEEP your buisness!! I Will only shop Home Depot now!!

jeff.zaun
#198628

Stop trying to scam retailers by buying stuff 1 place and returning it another for more money. Clearly you purchased at a lowes with a clearance tag and took it back to get full price somewhere else.

#193678

Having worked in retail for several years, I whole heartedly agree with Sean/Truth. He couldn't have said it any better.

In regards to return policy, The Home Depot and Lowes are very similar, if not identical. I work for 1 of the 2 and for professional reasons I cannot say which. Having been a Returns Cashier, I've heard it all, especially the famous "I've spent thousands of dollars at your store!" line. We honestly don't care, nor does it give you an advantage over other paying customers.

If you have your receipt, GREAT! Makes the line move faster and gets you on your way. Without the receipt the process is just a little bit longer, but most likely still possible, HOWEVER, if your item has been marked down to a lower price and you have no proof showing you paid more for it, then you get it at the marked down price(even if it's a penny). If it's not an instock item and it's in the system you can get your money back, also a process. If it's NOT in the system and you DON'T have your receipt you are S.O.L.. This is a helpful guideline.

The point I'm getting to is SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS. It makes everything work smoother for both parties.

Neither company is going anywhere anytime soon so get used to it.

#193568

One more thing, I keep calling you Lady. I don't even know if you are a female. Sorry!

#193567

Sorry on my spell errors. Lady, I insulted you on my rebuttal review.

I was frustrated and new to this internet reply stuff. Please forgive my insults. One more thing, a business, by law, can not use a credit card statement in most cases because a cr. card statement will not list the exact description of that item(in most cases).

The listing on your statement is generalized because the cr. card company usually does not care so much about what you bought, but the total amount of what you needed to make that purchase. You see, they only want their money that you borrowed from them back. If your statement had no details,by law they can not use it for reference.

Last thing---always remember that there is a corporate # for all retail stores .

You can call these numbers if you are not satisfied with your results. Lowes 3 is at the bottom of any page on Lowes.com.

#193566

Some stores train their employees properly on what they can and can't do or say. Remember, I said the word properly.

Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, and any business in the entire U.S. reserves the right to deny any return with no receipt. The government allows this. Some stores(it does not matter what retail branch it is)are shadowed by their management to be allowed to make certain decisions wiyhout their permission.

This to to allow Zone, Dept., Admin., OPs, Sales, and the store managers to conduct business freely in other targeted areas of the store. If a store has this kind of shadowing, more than likely they will only schedule seasoned staff to work returns. These workers will probably be give the right to say no to a return with no receipt. LADY, YOU HAD NO RECEIPT.

At least that is what you stated. You see they were within their rights and within their policy(refer to my rebuttal against you on the reveiw "Lowes is O.K. for its return policy". Some of you people must remember this.

A store or business will only be run as well as what the leaders of that establishment has in their hearts. Some will be more generous than others.

Make no mistake, if any business is as well established as Home Depot or Lowes, you can guarantee that you and I will freeze in the LAKE OF FIRE before anything ever happens to them. Best advice, in todays times,it is imperative to save rceipts.

#193563

Why not return it to the store yo got it from. Unless you purposely want to be a ***.

#193561

Yo, people. Please come and visit my review that I made against.

It is against this review. I did it a couple of days ago. I would like you guys to shred my review. Come on, let's see who has the common sense.

The name of my review, "Lowes is O.K. for its return policy".

Come on and visit. Bring a friend.

Hey bony builder boy, if you own remod company then we would not be tracking you ******** returns by ur I'd and you would have receipts. I mean if owned a company I would have all of my receipts dummy.

I get so sick and tired of customers returning items on a daily basis that they bought at other Lowe's I'll sometimes ask them why they didn't return it to the store they bought it from. When a customer returns something to my store that doesn't stock the item we have to sell it at a loss.

In addition, that loss goes against out "budget" numbers.

It's an absolute no-win for the store that takes back the item. So customers, do the lowly paid and poorly treated Lowe's employee a favor and return it to the store you bought it and BRING THE RECEIPT!!!!!

at my store we are not afrid to tell you to shop at home depot...we would rather the problem people and shoplifters go there anyway

I don't work for Lowes but do work in retail. I do returns and exchanges all day long.

Where I work, we refund anything with a reciept. Except, if the item is not on file for our store. We are not allowed to refund anything thats not on file.

I'm not saying this was the case with your return. Just thought I would put it out there.

I don't work for Lowes. However I doubt that Lowe's will go out of business just because the person posting this is a child trapped in an adult body.

I know people who work in retail and like 50 percent of people who say they will never return do return. I feel sorry for the workers at Home Depot and Ace since the are the unfortunate ones who have to deal with a *** like yourself.

Ok to everyone who always says " I spendt this much money her in the past how ever long". Blow it out ur butt.

You are not the only person buying stuff and you are not gonna get any better treatment than the person who spent $10 in my store the whole year. And to who ever says the " customer is always right". That phrase ended years ago. If you actually use that phrase it's because you know you are wrong and you are trying to intemidate the salesman.

Get over yourselves. Lowes is like walmart.

Never going anywhere but up. Home depot blows.

To the person whom replied to me: you were probably RUDE !!! And I have news for u lowes will be around for a very long time...

Maybe u should work in retail once in a while and put up with people like yourself!!!! Lowes takes everything back and they are very lienant so something was oviously wrong with ur return!!! And something must have been wrong that ur writing and *** about it on here and not to the store manager?!

To the man that paid with a debit card- did u enter ur pin number? Or sign for it and use it as a credit?

I have had people pay and say it's a debit and they use it as credit and sign for it not enter their pin...

One way you think of it is wen u sign it's credit ( yes credit even if it is a debit card u can use it like credit) but, u will not get cash back... Only wen u enter ur pin number ( which the bank does not recomend)

Lowes takes back anything in Mt. Olive, NJ because they always want to make the customer happy to improve their management took back dead plants from over a year ago without a receipt and that's not policy.

Yes, they can bend the rules to make customers happy, but every consumer should work in retail once in their lives to see how many known stolen items are returned for store credit, anger/blame is given to the girls behind the desk for the consumer's frustration in purchasing a product they don't really want, and how little pay college kids working their way through school get for putting up with consumers' abuse.

Get a grip people, act as you would want to be treated, keep your receipts till you are sure you want to keep the products, and remember Lowes didn't make the product - just sells stuff the consumers want. You don't take your *** back to Shoprite after you've pooped it out cause it smells bad or gave you a tummy ache.

i purchased a gas trimmmer from lowe's with a bank debit card. when i returned it in new and unused condition the sales manager refused to give me a cash refund.

It clearly states in thier return policy that if you paid by cash or debit your refund would be given to you in cash. very bad busniess.

To Marie : You NEED to REMEMBER , WE ARE THE CUSTOMER !!! Even though I had a receipt I was given the run around by a very arragant Beitch at the return desk at my local lowes.

If these kind of attitudes continue at Lowes then your gonna lose alot of customers and Lowes is going to find itself out of business !

Also "we DONT MAKE It WE JuST SELL IT" If you don't stand behind products you sell then guess what YOU SUCK !

I'll take my business to Home Depot or Ace or some other store where they do stand behind their products and will honor receipts within 30 days ! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it !!!

As a return desk employee I know we take things home depot would never in a million years take back. And those of u whom are blocked from returning keep ur *** reciept we r not the only store with this policy!!!!

An example of our return policy is 90 days but I have taken items back from years ago aslong as the item still exists in the system... If ur rude and *** they will NOT do anything for u at all!!!

So it's not lowes fault u lost ur reciept ... And extended warrentys are great to have but they don't cover ur dumb errors and manufactures warrentys Are NOT LOWES warrentys we DONT MAKE It WE JuST SELL IT!!!!!

To someone out there

That's not even a valid point because the store can resell the makeup mirror. She never stated that anything was wrong with it so why can't they resell it? So maybe you should think before you speak.

i own a remodeling company and we buy well over $70,000 worth of materials a year and we were buying them from lowes. until they put me on a list that they say doesn't exist.

they put me on a no return list because i was returning to many things they watch what you return but not what you buy. so HOME DEPOT gets all our business now its only 1/2 mile farther to drive but we can return the extra materials.

my advice: SHOP HOME DEPOT

Though the mentality of customers, especially at Lowe's, is often sadly skewed and inconsiderately selfish, some items come up in the inventory as not added depending on what store you go to. I have been told that with a receipt, we are allowed to add the item back into the inventory solely for that return in the 5.6 screen of our system.

Though I have my problems with customers, certain Lowe's tend to make the rules up as they go and unfortunately you became a victim to that. I assure you're not the first.

Next time, tell them to go into 5.6 and hit F9 a couple times. Works like a charm.

:( Oh BOO HOO!!! I just want to say that, as a cashier working retail, I have had my fill of companies kissing the *** of whiney consumers who believe that no matter how nasty, rude, or hateful their behavior; they are always in the right.

It is not always possible for a store to return a product that is not in their inventory. It is left to the system as to whether an item can be returned. If customers today had to deal with the same snarly *** we have to deal with maybe you would reconsider *** about every little inconvenience of life like having to go back to the same store where you purchased your product. A lot of customers are really good people.

But more often than not these days if they don't get their way, they turn into raging lunatics. All I am saying is, think before you react.

Would you like it I came to your place of business and started cursing, screaming, and yelling at you? Yeah, I didn't think so!

If we bought $3000 worth of hardwood flooring and the same week it was delivered, it went on sale for $47 less per box, do we get the sale price. It comes to $637.

Here's one for you. I bought a dryer at lowes and used it for one day.

After 3 loads, the wires ON THE DRYER got so hot they melted and shorted out. I had a dryer hooked up the same way in the same circuit for years and never had any trouble. So I load it up, take it lowes, and speak to the returns lady. She called for the appliance guy to come up and look at it before taking it back.

WITHOUT even looking at the dryer, he promptly says that it wasn't the dryers fault, it was my wiring. I was supposed to just take the dryer back home, call "lowes service" so they could come out and look at it. After leaving I came right back and asked for a manager. When he came out I asked him to PLEASE just look at the dryer so they can see what i was talking about.

He did and agreed with me that the dryer was at fault. He took care of everything for me, my main concern is, what should it have mattered? The lowes return policy states " If you receive an item you are dissatisfied with, you may return it within ninety (90) days** to any Lowe's store for a refund or exchange within our current return policy guidelines." The ** indicates 7 days for major appliances. I was within 2 days.

So why should it have mattered?

I should not have had to ask for a manager to begin with. ANd yes I had my receipt...

Why would you buy it one store and take it back to another? Was there a problem taking it back to the first store?

btw lowes puts items like that on a significant discount and looses a lot of money that way because they can not return the product to the manufacturer

that is not true i work at lowes and i get all kinds of stuff from other stores that are nonstock and that we never carried before

Regardless the item should have been taken back - after all, it does say Lowe's on the front of the store. And all employees should follow the rules.

milliethebeagledog

The makeup mirror should have been returned even if it was a not stock item. The policy is that the employee is not allowed to say no, only a manager can.

The return clerk should have called a head cashier or manager and with a receipt it probably would have been returned.

This is bad policy and why Lowe's is like it is. Between the policy of "targeted termination" and stuff like this, they are going to lose employees and customers.

the store cant send it back to the manufacturer and get credit for it if theres nothing worng with it. i'm tired of these people wanting something for nothing and thinking the stores are at fault for everything.

it's comsumers like you that in the end cause prices to go up. thanks for making me pay for your laziness.

Well, first of all I've worked at lowes for almost 5 years and the mirror is most likely NOT an Special order. The person at the return desk probably was fed up with ppl.

returning everything and didn't want to take a few minutes to get an override or find the nonstock item code to add the mirror to the system.

Either know what you want next time or fight harder to return the product. DUH

lowes honers it return policies but if its special order it has to go to the place u bought it from. if we can find a way to return it within policy we will if u act like a *** im going by the book. dont bring me stuff u bought 2 years ago with no reciept and get mad cause it cant be refunded

Yes, its true, while most stores pretty much return anything and everything so that the customers will not call corporate, there ARE some stores who at least TRY to play hardball.

Store #1 made money, and you're asking store #2 to take the loss for your "convenience". It MIGHT have not been in their system, since they didn't stock it, but YES they could have added it, and they should have.

But acting like one return clerks mistake is some major indictment of the company is a joke...

if you have a lowes receipt they would have most def. returned it...if not than you went to the wrong person who did not know what they were doin....and as for the they would have lost money....they just send it back to the manufacturer and yes they do get their money.

So you wanted to return an item to a store that did not stock that item.

So tell me, once they took it back, what were they to do with it?

OOOh thats right, they would lose their money.

Special orders cannot be returned like that.

View more comments (95)
Product
Lowes Website

Lowes not honoring my rebate

We purchased the Dewalt 6 piece 18 volt tool kit which came with a rebate of a free tool. Well after several months and many different excuses we still haven't received our free tool. We were first told that it was shipped, then we were told it was lost by UPS and being tracked but they refused three times to give us a tracking number. Then we were told it was re-submitted. Now we're told that it was kicked out because of an error. We have a copy of what we filled out and there are no errors. We just plain got ripped off and I can't believe it is Lowe's, a place where I spent thousands of dollars. I'm trying to file this with better business bureau and am going to talk to a lawyer to see if anything can be done. Any advise would be appreciated. M. Strickland

I have had mixed experiences with returning stuff to Lowes. I bought a set of Kobalt Power Tools for $400 and the drill went out after 6 months.

I took it in and they told me they no longer carried the set so they couldn't replace it for me. I was told I would have to bring in the whole set and take a store credit and buy a new set. I pointed out to the manager that they sold the same drill as a stand alone product and I just wanted one of those.

After about an hour of fighting with 3 people I finally got my drill. But other times I go in without a reciept or box and they hand me cash without asking questions.

The rebate that came with this item.....was offered by DEWALT...not Lowes you *** ***!

Lowes is the middle man in this deal...trying to get you something for nothing. They are so horrible for trying to get Dewalt to give you something for free...

Woe is me...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You are so right about them. They do not honor their rebates.

They will, if anything, expect you to have more documentation and information than is possible, like the FR transfer time of funds if you used a debit card for the purchase or will not respond after you do provide information.

They owe me for 2 on paint and another on a faucet. I did a charge back on my credit card on all successfully.

View more comments (2)
Loss

Lowes in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Lowe's 1165 Store Manager/Joe Medley (Dumb-***)

This guy doesn't follow policy and has discriminated against others just so he can get his bonus for keeping the employee wages down. He puts people in places in the store who have no knowledge of the area just so he doesn't have to pay them more. He fires all those who don't go along with any of his ideas and constantly uses the loss prevention cameras to spy on employees in the store and then sends his operations manager, Todd Phillips, who is more of a jack *** lying piecs of *** than he is to write them up. Joe uses fear tactics to try and scare his employees and has run all the true knowledgeable associates out of the store. Nobody can stand this young 29 year old ***. This guy needs to be terminated for flat out stupidity. Not only that, he has hired nothing but very young people so he don't have to pay for expierenced people who could do the job 10 times more effecient. This guy doesn't care about his employees and his nick name is the hatchet because Lowe's corporate sends him from store to store across the country to cut employees to make the bottom line look better for the company. The funny thing is, no one in corporate cares. Joe is even been involved in sexual harrassment but nothing has been done yet about it. It's all about corporate greed I guess.

This guy Joe is no longer store manager of Lowes 1165 at Norman, Oklahoma. He finally got caught messing up and was demoted and sent to another store.

This guy was an arogant jack ***. What goes around, comes around and it bit him in the back side finally.

Review

Lowes in Glen Allen, Virginia - New chain saw returned didnt work, told me wrong chain I had to pay 25.00

spent 3200.00 at Lowes in front royal, Va bar bq grill assembley was included and delivery also had to pay for assembly of trailer for the john deer tractor I bought also. they delivered and nothing was assembled, also a chain saw I purchased stopped working after 30 minutes, I took it back the next day and they replaced it with a new one, I waited 6 or 8 weeks because of weather and used the replacement and it did the same thing, I took it back and they tried to charge me 99.00 to fix it. the lowered it to 25.00 andf said it was my falt it was the wrong chain. It was brand new! 374.00! I had a credit for a free propane tank refill for not giving me a filled new tank when I originally bought everything. Well Manager Lisa H. said she will take my credit of 14.00 off the 25.00 I owed for the new chain saw with the wrong chain they sold me and the total would be 9.00 +tax and I said I spent almost 4k here in the last 2 to 3 months and she said I dont care if you spent a dollar or 20k its 9.00

what you think just because you are some hot shot that spends a ton of money you should be treated differently than others you are sadly mistaken. if you can spend 3k whats another 25 bucks after all they did give you a huge discount even though if it was me i would have made you pay the 99 dollars just like every one else its people like you that make working in retail suck. also you should be happy that people are willing to get paid next to nothing to put up with *** people like you other wise there would not even be a place where you can go and *** about *** ***

Loss

Lowes in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Incompotence of Lowe's Store Management

The Lowes of Norman, Oklahoma is the laughing stock of the country. The store manager, Joe Medley is a complete inexpierenced Store manager who is far to young to be in that position. The guy isn't a leader and cannot be found to talk to when there's a problem related to customer service. In fact, there has been several of that store's employees who have claimed the guy leaves when ever he wants to and does things in the store his own way despite company policy. Beware Shoppers, you'll get no where with this guy. He truly doesn't give a *** about his customers problems with product from that store nor about his employees. This guy is rude, a smart ***, and could care less about anyone's needs but his own. His other managers there are also inexpierenced young kids. Someone in the company needs to overhaul this store please!!!!!!!!!!
#982076

Being "young" has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to manage a business or lead employees. You offer no explanation of a tangible problem encountered with the store. You sound like a disgruntled employee and your words carry no credence.

I do a lot of volunteer work in my community, and I am always out soliciting donations from big box stores like Lowe's. Joe Medley has been wonderful in helping our group with our needs as his donation budget permits.

For those that grumble, be aware that Joe has to comply with company policies, so you may not always get what you want, but he tries hard to please the customer. So just shut up!

Jason D Drumm is the store manager of a Lowes Store in Buckhannon WV . He is the most uncaring , two faced liar I think I have ever met .

I actually heard him bark at an employee for getting him to answer a customer complaint , after the customer asked for him . What a *** . Other times I have been in the store , I over heard him talk to an assistant manager , Let alone poor Judy , like garbage ... the guy had only been there like a week .

A new hire . I see him hiring young nice looking women and promoting them , to work as close to him as possible . And they are kinda dumb girls to . I wonder if his wife knows .

Anyway , he does nothing to keep good people staffed , as a long time shopper there Ive seen them come and go . The man is an *** . A at bald little *** whos day is coming .

Someone already hit him over the head with a bat at another store . Id love to shake his hand .

@Wishing a home depot was close

Whoever you are, you are 100% correct. He is a lowlife liar who treats is employees like dirt.

I see him hiring these young girl. He hired a *** to work his receiving area. What you heard him say to Judy, that is a daily thing for her. Anything goes wrong while she is in charge of the store, and he chews her out for it.

Jason needs to treat his workers with respect and stop with his sell sell sell mentality. Lowes of Buckhannon has gone downhill since he took over in 2011.

They have lost hard worker after hard worker because of him. The only way to keep this store alive is to get rid of him.

Wow. I worked with Joe Medley and Austin (who was mentioned in an earlier comment) and I have to say both are bad news.

They are what is wrong with big-box retail.

People go to small hardware stores because the employees are genuine and know their stuff. With Joe and Austin it is nothing but *** and passing the buck to someone else.

Lets all just get along! somethings will never be able to control! that is the greed of each in every person in this country.when u go to work its all about what have you done for me lately.

Did you hear what happened when they moved to Canada. They spent millions of dollars training managers in the here because they had no stores in Canada to train them in.

They paid them a fortune and soon after opening either fired them all or they quit.

The big plan was to bring in talented managers who could help them open their stores and then force them out replacing them with YOUNG manager at 1/3 the price.

If you wonder why they treat the employees so poorly start from the top and see how the managers also get treated.

I have worked for Joe at the North Edmond store. I discovered that he and the HR Erin Ledesma were having an affair. It was not long after that I was being closely watched an written up for every slight infraction.

@ISC

He has also left his store at north Edmond to flip homes on the side when he was suppose to be at the store working. He also rewarded contractors with heavy disco unts to work on his houses he was flipping and selling on Lowe's time. He only spent about 15 hours a week at store and now just recently got promoted to market director.

#206229

Having dealt with both Austin and Joe in the past and being thrown under the bus by them, I wonder why they are still working there. I worked for Lowe's for 5 years.

I worked my way up from Part-time seasonal to Zone manager and then when I reported an incident between Autsin the Dept Manager and a cashier. I was fired for not reporting it earlier, and Austin was still there! I was told I was caught in a web of consistency.

They had done this to another Zone and so they had to do it to me. Doesn't seem right except I guess I was a threat to Joe and his drinking buddies.

#196206

Im a sales specialist for LOWES, 2.5 yrs. very successful, I keep to myself and do my work, stay out of the break room at all cost,Most of our mngmnt team is awesome, some are *** kissers, our store finishes high in all catagories giving away cars yearly.

Its not perfect and I look forward to someday moving on, \"Retail Hours\" but for now its OK. it is what you make it, so suck it up and quit playing the victim.

#195878

To the guy from store 268: If you are talking about Joe Medley then you must never have met Dr. Jekyll and Mr.

Hyde. That is how he is at the N. Edmond store. He can turn on you mid-sentence, doesn't ask you why something was done a certain way he tells you why and doesn't let you explain.

Then for a day or two he is everyone's friend then ***bam*** it is Mr. Hyde infront of you and you dare not disagree because he will make you life ***. Sure do what he asks you say well when he asks you to break policy which makes you suceptable to losing your job why should you? Who will he be when it is time to take up for you if some one decides that "Today we will be folowing this policy"?

Tell me that Dr.

Jekyll or Mr. Hyde?

Spouce of employee

The managers are not the only incompetent ones. Your husband is as well. He can't fight his battles and has you fighting online for him.

I work at the store in North Edmond,Oklahoma and that is where Joe Medley is a Store Manager now. He recently promoted his best friend Austin and forced a manager to leave and another to quit.

Nobody says anything to him because all he cares about is himself and if you talk to the Erin the HR about him, she tells him and then he hates you and tries to make you quit or get fired. He truly doesn't care about the customer and hurts Lowe's image here.

Fat Mart cart rider

You are all a bunch of crybabies. Stop crying and go shop at home depot if you think Lowes is so bad.

You will be back at Lowes real quick then.

Dumb kids. :sigh

It must be a requirement of Lowe's, that they hire incompetent, irresponsible young managers to run their stores. The two stores that we are affiliated have young Store managers, assistant managers who are incompetent and irresponsible to be in the job that they were given.

They treat not only the customers like trash, but all their associates who work under them like they are nothing. They take advantage of the employees, they work them to the bone. I am talking in particular about the Lowes store in Easton/Bethlehem PA. The work ethics and just down right proper ethics for employees and customers must be brought back, or taught to these youngsters before its too late.

We as consumers are getting tired of being treated like trash when we are spending our hard earned money at a place where we are treated so poorly. And it is our money that is paying these Irresponsible and insensitive Young managers who hide from people, can not properly do the job of management they were hired for. They are only in it for the pay check. I was in the Easton store this past week, and i and my friend were in the one department, paint, and we needed assistance.

We hit the attendant bell and stood waiting for someone to come. The assistant store manager Omar came over, reset the bell, looked at us and walked away. Could he not ask us if we needed help. Did he not notice that there is a reason that the bell was going off?

He is an assistant manager and doesn't want to do his job. This was not the first run in which we have had with this one manager in particular. Their work ethics are poor. And when in this store, if you need a manager and the associates call for one...no one shows up.

There is one or two employees that they rely on for covering for these people and they should not have to take on the responsibility. Where is the Corporate managements heads when they make the decision to hire these young people? Just because they have a degree or they have worked for the company for a while, doesn't make these people good managers. Something needs to be done.

And it isn't just at Lowe's...

this is happening at a lot of our business's. What is this world coming to?

:( grow up Paul We all believe in ourself, but sometimes corporate believes in their own

Lowes in Denton hmmm Sexual discrimation ok since stuart left. New Manager does not care about employees.

Tried to tell him about sexual comments and so did 3 other employees, but instead jason ignored and hr left the store. Sales manager well he says he found god and brings donoughts to work(left over from service) talking to lawyer

#120346

our store manager in #209 killeen tx sat by the computers with the Hr manager and watched us fill out or opinion surveys.

on to of that our zone 3 manager Joel dutton has a key to his house and drinks with him almost daily.he has told employees and customers and i quote" Let me explain somethin to you. I have been with Lowes for 21 years 21 long years, and in that 21 years i have met alot of important people inside lowes and out.

People in high places within Lowes.

so with that being said and with my reputation adn the people i know in Lowes do you think there is anything Anyone can do to Me? I think Not."I had to leave and I am much happier.

Where can anyone start with incompetence of Lowe's store management? All of the above stuff is true.

I worked at Lowe's 1631 in Bellingham. I won't name the state because that would be too easy to trace. The store manager, G.G. supposedly did not know what was going on in his store.

That's ***. Assistant Manager S.A. threatened to send full-time employees home if they weren't productive. I was screamed at in public, pressured, written up final for something I didn't do, stuck in customer service and begged to be transferred after that four or five times and was told no.

The reason for no was a lie. After the accident I had (fell down the basement stairs and broke an ankle and cracked my head), I was pressured, screamed at and finally gave them what they wanted. I had a melt down. The administrative manager, T.

Keene, was the person who arranged my demise, along with that of Gary Frey. Gary's wife was on kidney dialysis (very expensive). That was why he was let go and not the supposed reason. Gary was escorted to the door.

I refused to allow them to humiliate me. I forced them to fire me on the phone. I asked them to call me when they made a decision. That didn't happen.

When I called after six days, they lied and told me no decision had been made. Found out that wasn't true. Gary and I were "unfairly terminated" for willful misconduct. Isn't it funny that being drunk on the job is also willful misconduct but C.

K. Brown, cashier, was drunk on the job every day. She got sent home in a cab three times and yet I was told by T.K. that it couldn't be proven she was drunk.

She ended up getting unemployment; the state is paying for her to go back to school and is getting a nice padded disability. Gary ended up with a lousy $40,000 after having to sue Lowe's.

They settled just before it went to court. I ended up on welfare, medicaid and after that, I have no comment.

:cry

I worked under Joe in store 268 and thought he was a really good manager. he knows what he is doing and knows how to run his stores and the company.

If you just do what he asks, there wont be a problem.

hes a manager for a reason and I wish he hadnt left to be store manager is edmond. hes really good.

I worked under joe at the norman store. Supposedly he was found sticking it to an 18 year old female cashier.

On top of that another retard by the name of Austin decided he wanted a certain manager above him fired and Joe carried out his wish. the guy was fired for no reason whatsoever and was twice the employee either joe or austin could ever be.

I must say that the Lowe's in PIKEVILLE, KY is GREAT! I'm a contractor and they always are very friendly and helpful!

Most of the complaints come unfounded and are just because someone got mad because a worker disagreed with what they thought they needed or they had to wait a few minutes.

Trust me I'm sure if this is the type of person you are that they dont want to keep you waiting no longer than they have to and would rather get you what you need and get you out of there....No store can satisfy everyone all the time because some of you guys are so mad at the world that you could never be satisfied!!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!!

Massillon Ohio Lowe's stores management is a joke and after spending thousands of dollars over the years Im done!!!! I go in to buy a snow plow for my truck and I wanted to order this because online shows they do not have this in stock.

It took the guy 10 minutes to find this on his computer which showed 2 in stock.

45 minutes later he said I would have to come back in the next day or two when the could find it. Manager told the employee to tell me this...I'm done....

:( lowe's plainfield store in GR Mi.

saturday 24 oct. 10:45 am. one chasher,

six pay by card,with four having problems

gave up,went to service counter to checkout, was told " I can't check you out here". Left over one hundred dollars in merchandice on counter.

decided menards will be choice of lumber and supply.. very pissed with LOWE'S...

It sounds like you all have issues, I love my job and the people I work for. Prehaps you don't fit into the lowes family.

Move on and become all you can be. I don't beleive Lowes has a personal agenda to stop you from being who you our. Beleive in yourselve and move on.

To harbar hate is futile. :)

This guy Joe finally got what was coming to him. He got demoted and is no longer the store manager at Lowe's 1165 of Norman, Oklahoma.

He got caught doing something he wasn't suppost to and was sent to the Lowe's store in Yukon, Oklahoma. He then complained and ended up at Lowe's store 268 in South Oklahoma City where he works now as of the present date. He didn't want to make a long drive to yukon from Goldsby, Oklahoma so his request to go to the South Oklahoma City store was granted. This guy has already pissed off people it sounds like at this store and he's not even the store manager.

Someone send this guy packing please. He deserves to be fired.

This guy Joe was demoted some time back and is no longer the store manager at Lowe's 1165 of Norman, Oklahoma. He finally got caught messing up and was demoted and took a salary cut.

He's rumored to have lost 1/3rd of his original salary. He was sent to the store in Yukon, Oklahoma and lator went to Lowe's 268 of South Oklahoma City so he could be closer to his home in Goldsby, Oklahoma. This guy should have been fired a long time ago instead of just being demoted. He's nothing but a ***.

What goes around, comes around and got this cat in the back side. *** loser.

Joeis worthless as a manager! He does not know how to talk to customers, that is if he is ever at work.

He never returns calls. Lowes must really be hard up! They use to be great. Those days are gone now.

I will NEVER go inside another Lowes! i will be telling everyone of my experience for the rest of my life.

I must agree. He needs to go away. Untill then, I will spend my hard earned monet elsewhere!

Every thing you say is true I work at the Lowes in Roeland Park Kansas and every customer that walks through our doors automaticly loses 50 IQ pts. If they aren\'t smarmy yuppie swine who don\'t know a hammer from a hatrack they are a white trash mouth breathers who get pissed when they cannot afford a custom storm door for their hovel.WhaT IS IT WITH PEOPLE CAN\'T THEY READ how do these people function in their daily lives the most asked question wheres your bathroom .

Yes by and large Lowes breeds sucky *** rude and just plain *** customers.

Just say no you can\'t return this 2x4 because you cut it to short,no you can\'t return this toilet you\'ve had in your bathroom for 8 months , just Sorry you can\'t return the door that fell out of your truck on the way home these are true scenieros they happen every day any Lowes employee will agree. So customers learn to read , I am not your servant or your houseboy

I am not surprised to hear this about Joe. I worked for the guy in CA when he first got promoted and didn't waste any time throwing people under the bus.

He is pompous and *** Doubt he will be going anywhere if his numbers satisfy his DM. Sorry guys.

I so agree with the incompetence of Lowe's Store management. I worked for them a long time and the worst store management I ever came across was the Sunrise store in Florida.

Although I have met others since working at that store. If the corporate office really knew how the management people were treated I do not believe that they would put up with it.

That's why the corporate big wigs still have their jobs, since they tend to move the incompetent types up the ladder since they always say "YES" to everything and they do learn one thing, how to lie while smiling at you. Plus if Home Depot does it they will too, they seem to be more of follower than leaders.

Unfortunately the things related by

Tommy K are not isolated incidents. I am 44 and worked several different places but none compare to the management abuses we are forced to tolerate daily.

If a Zone manager or above is out to "get you" they will stop at no lengths to do so.

No lie will be left untold by them. All true dude.

It's the same in a store in spokane valley, wa. , the manager keeps wages low and they try to get to quit by having you work the worst hours possible and as often as they can make you work them. So it's just there but all over so called lowe's .

This guy Joe does descriminate and puts people in areas where they have no expierence so he doesn't have to pay them anything over the minimum for that position. He only hires very young kids and has run all the original old timers off who were very knowledgable.

Joe only cares about getting his bonus at the end of the year for keeping the employee wages down.

This guy needs to be put under investigation for using the loss prevention cameras on his employees (one of many scare tactics he uses) & then has used his jack ***, windy/lying operations manager Todd Phillips to write these people up and threaten to fire them. Joe has constantly left the store whenever he feels like it and has been accused of sexual harrassment.

Joe is a piece of ***. I know because I work there as a Department supervisor under him.

Everyone is scared to turn him in because they don't want to lose their job. The HR manager there at the store is there for the managers and not the employees unfortunately. Joe has gotten rid of people who challenge him on the way he runs that store. The guy is truly corrupt.

He tells us not to do certain things and he turns around and does them himself despite company policy. The guy always used to leave the store early to go to OU football games here in Norman and would never come back to the store.

He never finished his shifts but has fired people for doing the same. ??!!**** Go figure.

Sounds like this guy needs to be fired if he isn't there for customers. I have a friend from that store who has heard and seen similar things from this guy at that store.

My friend says that Joe uses fear tactics to scare his employees including spying on them with the Loss prevention Deptartment's cameras that are suppost to be used to catch shoplifters.

This guy is a piece of *** it sounds like. The company could do without him.

View more comments (39)

Ordered Door Lowes Resold it without telling me

I'm extremely pissed with the Customer Service and over all service of Lowes in Newport News VA on Jefferson Ave. On 8 Nov I ordered a new door. At the time I paid for it on the 8th their was a Veterans Day Sale of 10% off. As a Vet I wasn't given the discount. I went in on the 10th of Nov. and received the 10% but in doing so I was told the first order would be cancelled and the door couldn't be reordered until 12 Nov. I was OK with that. On 17 Nov I heard nothing and called Lowes and was told the door was reordered on 12 Nov. Again noone called me to give me status so I went back on 19 Nov only to be told the first door arrived but they put it on the re-sale floor and sold the door to someone else. I had paid in full for the door so in essence they resold the door I had paid for. On the 19th Lowes told me the second door was never reordered as I was told by the Lowes Representative on the 17th. Again no phone calls. I then told them I needed the door and to get it ordered. Lowes did absolutely nothing to expedite the order in fact the new door didn't arrive until 21 Dec 07. By this time I've spoken to 3 asst managers and only one did what he said he would do. The Store Manager wasn't even aware of this because he was on vacation. The door finally got installed on 26 Dec 07. When I went back to the store I asked for the Store Manager Mr. Jimmy Johnson (I said the same thing)I left a message for him to call me knowing he was back to work on 31 Dec. When I didn't hear from him I went to the store at 4 P.M. and when I spoke to him he told me he was real busy and planned on calling me on the 1st. At this point I was really pissed and asked him about customer service that a 1 min call to let me know he would be unavailable was just to much to ask. I made an appointment with him on Thursday 3 Jan at 5 pm and he agreed that what happened was a gregious error on the store's part but was only willing to compensate me $150.00. I feel Lowes owes me the full cost back of $585.00 (after the 10%)for a 48 day delay or at the very least the cost of the door of $237.00. I've made 2 attempts to speak to the regional manager Mr. Paul Ierardi and even he has made time to call me back. It's obvious to me that Lowes hasn't a clue on customer service. This is the second time I've trusted Lowes and the second time they failed. In Aug 05 I purchased a stove with delivery on a Monday the store didn't deliver the stove until that Thursday. At that time I was only given my delivery charges back. After this I will no longer shop at Lowes even if they are the lowest price on items I want. I will pass the word that they do not look out for their customers interests because if they did I wouldn't be writing this book.

First of all...how was the store manager on vacation from Nov 8th to Dec 21st???? Not even the CEO gets that much vacation time, and employees are never allowed to take that much time in a row off.

#2...Promotions such as the veterans day promotion do not usually apply to special orders, and state so inside the advertisement and on tv ads.

#3...That first door that was supposedly "resold" was not yours anymore because you refunded your original order willingly. So...the order it was associated with was dead, and could EASILY be mistaken and resold you *** ***.

#4...the previous commenter was right...it is because of people like you that our economy sucks. People like you who want everything for nothing cause retailers to jack up their prices which screw the rest of us out of good deals.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

You want Lowes to pay your for shopping there and to give you the door for free? Yes it should not have taken that long and that was *** service!

But, why should they have to pay you? Especially more than the price of the door? That is retarded. You were lucky to get $150!

You got the door for less than half price! Did you forget that you received a door valued at $237? You have the door. "Hey, I want this door here.

Can I have it? Sure sir, that'll be $237. What? I have to pay you for the door?

I've got a better idea. How about you pay me to take this door that you paid $200 for." That is what you are saying and it makes no sense!

It's no wonder our economy sucks. Dumb Americans like you!

View more comments (1)

Lowes Marana Az

Lowes in Marana Az is where we spent well over 10,000 dollars for a custom door order. We have experienced many problems, including many missed delivery dates, missing doors, wrong hinge colors, regular vs. solid core door delivery, and finally the fact that a manager has approved a corrective measure (in person at our home) that involves removing the doors that are substandard and not what we ordered, and replacing them with the quality that we did order and have previously paid for. That decision has been trumped by some other management team who insists on coming to our home, regardless of the fact that we have had more then 10 lowes employees at our home and h